Reviews of Arcadia Boutique Hotel 3 stars

Cannaregio 1333, Cannaregio, 30121 Venice, Italy

#12 of 301 hotels in Venice

9.7

• Classic Double Room

Our room was next to reception which could be a bit noisy at times. Also we only had a tiny window which opened onto a very dark alleyway which meant we had no natural daylight.

The breakfast was delicious with a great choice. The staff were extremely welcoming and helpful. A very clean, comfortable hotel. A little way out from the main attractions but in a buzzing area and it was lovely to wander through the streets to the more touristy areas if you wanted to. Saying that, You could hop on a water taxi from just around the corner if the walking was too much.

• Classic Double Room

- I think this is mostly Venice problem, that you have to pay for the five-star accomodation to stay in a three-star hotel. - Although they have upgraded our double room from Classic to Deluxe, the room was still small and as everybody have mentioned there is no wardrope.

-The location is amazing, not too full during the night, so one can enjoy a nice quite dinner by the water. There are plenty of good restaurants around. It is also a nice ship/bus ride from Marco Polo airport. - The personnel were really helpful and frindly. - The breakfast area and quality was nice assuming that this is a three star hotel. - It was really clean and the bed was comfortable.

• Classic Double Room

Water and hand soap not provided in room. I expected it would be given the price.

The location was excellent. I was travelling to airport the next morning and it’s just around the corner from water bus terminal. Very close to train station also and lovely restaurants along the canal. I got an upgrade to a deluxe room which was really nice.

It was a bit further from the city center than we expected (but honestly we walked to San Marcos in like 20 minutes and with the water transport it was really quick). Our room was a bit too close to the breakfast room which made it a bit noisy in the mornings but we were waking up early anyhow, so no big drama.

Staff was super helpful and nice (The front desk guy was super sweet and helped us with everything we asked, the ladies at the bar were really lovely. The owner (or manager, I don't really know) greeted us every morning at breakfast and offered us a coffee if we were chilling in the lounge). The room was spacious, comfortable and very clean. The bed was super super comfortable (I have big back issues and I slept like the dead) Shower was great, they provided robes and flip flops + many toiletries. The breakfast had a huge variety and was delicious.

1. Clean and self sufficient rooms 2. Helpful staff, always smiling! 3. Close to the train terminal but a good walk away from St Marks Square 4. Good Breakfast

• Classic Double Room

No capuccinno was offered. No outdoor sitting area. Would have liked staff to have helped us to the room. The written directions were confusing and we got lost 3 times.

The bed and the cleanliness of the room was outstanding.

Loved everything

The staff here are outstanding. Daniele was so helpful. The GM Luigi runs a fantastic “ship”. The room was beautiful with crisp white linen, spotlessly clean, top class amenities and gown and slippers. Breakfast great and location for us as a quick 10 Minute walk to the train station.

Not really any suggestions for improvements, things were just right

Extraordinary friendly staff, extremely helpful in all kind of matters,very clean and great location

• Deluxe Double Room

3 small things which could easily be dealt with. No drawer space in room at all. No safety handles in walk in shower Position of safe so dark impossible to read instructions

Excellent breakfasts. Generally fine accommodation Very attentive and helpful staff.

Nothing. It was perfect!

It’s like staying in a 5 stars hotel! The hotel staff, the breakfast, the location, the beautiful room - I felt so pampered and would definitely come back!

Property and location were great

Location location location. It was 7 minutes walk from train station and the room I stayed in had a view overlooking the shops and street below.

• Classic Double Room

Pillows and bed were a bit stiff for my taste.

Staff were all very nice, helpful, and gave great restaurant recommendations, particularly Osteria Anice Stellato. Location was 5 min walk to train station and water taxis, and only 20-25min to St Mark's Square. Located on a lively street, but very incognito and quiet inside. Room was small but adequate and tea kettle was a bonus. Breakfast was very ample. Allowed us to store baggage for our departure day while we explored.

• Classic Double Room

Walls paper thin, so every conversation at reception and movement around the hotel could be heard. Some staff seemed obsessive-compulsive and awkward to deal with.

Clean. Modern bathroom. Most staff were friendly and helpful. Reasonably close to train station, making transfers easier. Breakfast was good but not great.

• Classic Double Room

The room had a window but looking at an adjacent wall a few feet away. No view. Booking.com had this hotel listed as “wonderful”. By no stretch of the imagination was it wonderful. It was rated as the top out of the ten top Venetian hotels. I cannot imagine why. Such an hotel in Canada would be $80 to $100 a night in Canadian dollars. Instead it was about $450 per night. In Euro it was 500 Euro for two nights. Our friends who live in Europe felt the price was extremely high. If we had paid $200 per night, we would have accepted that the location is in high demand despite the reek of sewage in the canals. However the actual price was way too high. I would never go back. I will now be very wary of highly rated hotels on the internet. The owner did not even consider lowering the price.

This is a converted very old Venetian house. The breakfast was good but only buffet style was available. The room was spotless but small. Staff were nice. Owner inflexible.

• Deluxe Double Room

There's no place in the room for one's stuff.

The staff at the hotel are very friendly and helpful. The location is convenient to everything. The breakfast was yummy, and includes cake if you want it.

Good location in a nice area and walkable to the train station, Rialto and San Marco. Room was comfortable and clean. Breakfast was great and the staff were friendly and helpful. Plenty good restaurants nearby.

• Classic Double Room

Very picky but the pillows were a bit hard me for and the bathroom was a strange shape, very long and thin, which made it feel a bit small.

Breakfast was very good, lots of choice. The staff were very nice and helpful. WiFi was also very good. The location of the hotel made it easy to get to and from the airport bus and it’s also close to one of the water bus stops which was nice.

• Classic Double Room

The staff at the reception was really helpful. Suggested us with the parking garage to leave our car overnight and also put a welcome drink in the room even though I told them last minute that we were on our honeymoon. Located in between lots of good restaurants and stores.

• Classic Double Room

Loved our stay here. The hotel was modern, clean, quiet and in a great location - close to the airport water taxi, a great walk into the main tourist sites but in a lively local district. The room was incredibly comfortable with nothing missing. Breakfast was really tasty too.

• Classic Double Room

No wardrobe or drawer space in becroom. - not very big room. Window down a passage, so a bit dark

Good locatipn. Immaculate decor. V professional and pleasant staff.v clean.

• Classic Double Room

Errrrmmmmmm....can’t think of anything.

The property and style of the hotel is amazing. Ideally situated within a close walk of what Venice has to offer. The staff are amazing, very accommodating and are always keen to go the extra mile in making your stay perfect. Grazie Arcadia Hotel

There wasn’t anything really that would have annoyed me. The only thing I could bring up as a negative is that my room was quiet close to the reception so sometimes I could hear people chatting but by night it was completely silent so it did not bother at all.

Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The receptionists went above and beyond, recommended places to visit, where to eat, drink etc. The places they recommended gave the same service as well. As soon as they saw me coming in they stepped out from their office and greeted me/ asked about the places I visited or asked me if I was in need of anything special. Would I come back? Absolutely. Was the room worth the money? Absolutely.

The location of the hotel just meters away from the Guglie bridge and also close to the train station is ideal - no long walk from transport to hotel. Staff is friendly, rooms large and well equipped. Breakfast is excellent.

• Classic Double Room

Could of done with more storege. But in saying that, we had extra luggage as we had been away visiting other cities. A few days traveling would of been ok.

The bathroom was superb!

• Classic Double Room

The assistance from a particular Daniel at the front desk was great. He went the extra mile to help us with restaurant reservations and general inquiries. All the staff were very kind and patient and of great assistance to both my partner and I. I do wish the breakfast spread would include freshly made omelettes or a little variation. Else, everything was wonderful.

Wonderful staff! They made me feel very welcome and they gave good advice in terms of restaurants. The room was not big, but very nicely designed and equipped. The bathroom was relatively big (for Italy) and the rain shower was very nice. I also enjoyed the breakfast.

• Classic Double Room

It is near the bus/train station. It’s a stone throw away from the Guglie Vaporetto stop. There are shops and restaurants near the property. The staff are super nice.

• Classic Double Room

The Arcadia Boutique Hotel may easily be the best hotel I have ever stayed at (and I've been to 50+ countries and 170+ major cities). What sets this hotel apart from the rest is its first class staff, who are more than happy to go above and beyond their call of duty in order to make sure you feel at home. What made our stay memorable was the fact that all the staff members (including the owner himself) made us feel as if we were guests rather than customers.

Breakfast starts at 7:30 -- 7:00 would be better, especially for tourists who want to leave for sightseeing early to maximize their visit to Venice.

Service, room quality and amenities, cleanliness, location, breakfast quality

• Classic Double Room

Our room had no daylight, which is common in Venice, but nevertheless not suitable for everybody.

Extraordinarily friendly staff, great location for exploring Venice (between train station and Rialto bridge), wonderful breakfast, tastefully furnished and very clean rooms.

• Deluxe Double Room

Excellent service and various breakfast. Definitely will recommend to my friends. Near the train station but not noisy eara, also surrounding a lot of food restaurant.

• Classic Double Room

We booked a room for my parents. The staff were very kind to my parents and they were very helpful as well. My boyfriend and I were staying elsewhere, however, the staff were very kind to us and we enjoyed having a good conversation with one of them. My parents very much enjoyed their stay at this hotel and hope we will be back at this hotel again some time soon!

• Classic Double Room

This may seem ridiculous but the attentiveness of the staff particularly at breakfast was over the top. Everything was always in perfect order and nothing was ever a problem. The reason why I'm mentioning this (believe me it was like we were royalty!) was it was a little difficult to relax. I guess this is a wonderful thing not to like in a hotel!!

Staff was extremely accomodating and hotel was in a quieter area of city but easily walkable to every destination and vaparetto stops. Everyone at the hotel could not do enough to assist. They were amazing!! Also, you feel as if you are staying in a private palace. The rooms were wonderfully decorated and very quiet in the evening!! A wonderful find!!

The accommodations were top notch. Staff was very friendly and attentive to our needs. Room was very nice. We liked the fruit that was available all day and all the other snacks. Highly recommend it.

Everything was superb.Breakfast was delicious and beautifully exposed.The cappuccino was excellent,the best I have ever!Staff was kind and helpful.Bed was really compfortable. Thank you!!!

• Classic Double Room

Absolutely no space in our room. No place to open our luggage. No place in the bathroom to put out any toiletries. The room is designed for show; it has no utility!!!

A beautifully appointed hotel. Location was good. A good walk from the canal, and a full flight of steps up (we're senior citizens).

The location was perfect for walking to all points of interest. From Piazzale Roma it is convenient to use a porter for luggage. The staff recommended good restaurants. The staff made good transportation arrangements for us. The breakfast was excellent. The location near the train station was a plus. The room was very quite and the television channel access was very good.

• Classic Double Room

We had the basic double room, which was immediately beside the reception desk, so during hours when guests were arriving it didn’t feel very private. Also a little plumbing noise etc from adjacent rooms. Slept great with ear plugs and we were barely there though, so it didn’t cause us any issues in the end.

Lovely hotel with great staff, who were very helpful and booked us some excellent restaurants and really looked after us.

• Classic Double Room

We only had half day to discover the city and unfortunately spent half of that time trying to a bank to break the 500 Euro bill that I had because the hotel refused staff refused to break it in all means. They mentioned that the bank beside the hotel will do that or the supermarket near by might do it. Guess what, after going to 3 different banks and 4 supermarkets I got the same answer (your hotel is supposed to help you), I went back to the hotel and they didn't help after telling them what happened.

- Spacious room with (no window) - Very nice breakfast area

The lady serving in the breakfast room was unfriendly & bordering on rude at times which was a real pity as all other staff were lovely. There could have been more wardrobe storage for clothing in our room.

Very easy to get to the hotel from the airport. The reception staff were extremely helpful & friendly. Nice spacious room, comfortable bed & good shower. The slippers were so comfy & soft.

• Deluxe Double Room

The owner Fransico was very friendly and welcoming. The hotel was spotless and close to the train station. I highly recommend this hotel. They had a very nice lounge area

The room was at the front of the hotel and was noisy in the early morning when the market stalls were being set up.

The included breakfast was excellent. The rooms at the back of the hotel are quiet and spacious.

Location, location, location! We loved staying in Carnareggio. Walk 1 block north and you are on quiet, local streets with some really excellent dinner spots. The bed was the most comfortable one we stayed in during our 7 day trip to Italy. Breakfast buffet was great, lots of options & yummy pasteries!

Like I said from previous question just the pancakes.

Area was central,easy to walk everywhere,breakfast was a good variety,the only one thing that wasn't up to par,only because I am from US was the pancakes,if your from the US you know what I mean.

We got written confirmation from Booking.com for late checkout at 4pm. BUT the owner of hotel came and said we didn't have late check out and and insisted we vacate room immediately. Very unpleasant ending to what would've otherwise been a perfect stay.

The location was excellent and Staff were very nice.

Amazing and helpful staff going above and beyond with information and recommendations. The smell of the room was incredible and everything was impeccably clean. The location was only a 5 min walk from the train station. Very easy to get to with luggage.

-old building so not really good isolated but guess this is normal in Venice and did actually not bother us at all

- very helpful and friendly staff (especially Lorenzo who even brang us some aperetif and snacks for my boyfriends birthday!) - good location. Everything within walking distance and easy to find from the airport when travelling with the vaporetto (to station guglie) - beautiful decorated inside - good breakfast (pancakes, different kinds of croissants etc.)

• Classic Double Room

I loved everything, specially the warmness and the kindness of the hotel crew It's a really amazing boutique hotel with 17 rooms where you feel like you ara part of a family

No elevator.

The rooms was very comfortable, well decorated and the bathroom new. A nice glass of prosecco , with come delicious hor d'oeurves. was offered to me upon my arrival. Breakfast was varied with cakes, fresh breads and croissants, cold cuts and healthy options. Location is great, right in the middle of the lovely Venice walkways and bridges and walking distance from the train station. Great value for money.

Rude and inflexible waitress in the breakfast room

Very friendly staff (aside from a waitress in the breakfast room, who was rather rude), central location. Bed was super comfortable, and the rain shower in the bathroom was the best.

This is a great place to stay when in Venice! We initially didn't even plan to visit this unique city, so we booked this hotel spontaneously. It turned out to be a great decision! The hotel is well located, not too far from the train station and next to main boat stops. The staff was amazing and they really helped us when needed.

• Classic Double Room

The room was a bit small, especially for the price.

Furnitures and decorations were very nice. Staff was extremely kind and helpful. Location is very good.

• Classic Double Room

It was overpriced for what it was. I would try somewhere else next time.

Nice sized room and great location. Breakfast was very good. Big bathroom with window

• Classic Double Room

Location kind of far from the St Marco where most activities happen to start from . Didn't have cash for buying the water bus ticket , the credit card machine at the hotel was not working at the time and the night time clerk just said can't put the cost on our bill so sent us to the dock to buy our tickets , the machine at the dock (bus station)did not work correctly or perhaps it was too confusing we ended up buying four useless tickets and wasted all the time and money which could have been avoided if the hotel clerk given us ticket and charged us later at the check out time ! Also won't recommend it for those with hard time going up and down steps!

The warm welcome by Daniela and the breakfast was awesome ! A little hard to find but the place is clean and plush , few blocks from the train station by foot , convenient if you have no heavy luggage or ask a porter to carry your luggage from the train station for 5 euro per bag ! Shower is great too! The cleaners found my gold chain and returned it to main office and that showed integrity at their part !

• Classic Double Room

Bed was very comfortable and A/C nice and cold. Staff was friendly and helpful with everything including making reservations and assisting with luggage. There is someone on staff 24 hours. Room was clean and we each had a bathrobe and slippers. I was worried because my room was positioned by the front desk yet it was not loud. Short walk from train station wasn't bad, but if you have too much luggage I would suggest a porter as you go over a bridge. Breakfast was very good with a variety of foods.

• Deluxe Double Room

Wonderfully warm and helpful staff. Superb location just 7 minutes walk from the train station. Rooms are spacious. The property takes pride in being well run and tastefully appointed.

That I had to leave!

Everything about Arcadia is great, the well designed and very comfortable single room, the access to transport and restaurants, the amazing breakfast, the wonderful quality of the fittings from the linen to the thoughtful design of lighting. However the greatest aspect that makes this a great choice is the amazing staff who go out of their way to make you feel welcome and to ensure you enjoy your time in beautiful Venice.

• Classic Double Room

Staff were totally arrogants, not friendly and only asking for money for everything, they charged us for suit room but the room was so small, we couldn't be able to walk inside Insufficient quantities in the breakfast!! We came 30 minutes before end of breakfast but unfortunately we didn't find anything to eat Too expensive and overrated

Breakfast was very nice and tasty but I think the selection/variety could have been a bit more varied especially for vegetarians, maybe more selection of hot food

Excellent customer service, friendly and helpful staff and great room

• Classic Double Room

No elevator, so walk up only & no view ( though view did ot matter). Room was small,.,but all I needed.

Wonderful! highly recommend. Small room, but very well appointed. Very was in excellent condition., wood floors & cabinary,, bathroom was modern & recently renovated.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Classic Double Room

One set of staff were very pleasant and helpful, one woman not so much and clearly not willing to follow up with questions. We felt it best not to deal with her. The bathroom required a 'touch up' which we pointed out as we left. Otherwise very clean and tidy.

Location of this hotel is excellent. you can walk from the train station, from the port and all over the island from here. There are stairs to take luggage up, staff helped us when we first arrived. Breakfast was phenomenal with lots of choices and excellent selection of coffee. The breakfast room is stunning and staff here very nice. Room was quiet at night and very comfortable.

Owner and staff were so friendly and helpful. The location was perfect and the historic nature of the hotel was really special. Breakfasts were fantastic.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

The hotel staff was more accommodating than I could have asked! Provided excellent customer service, recommendations and assistance with directions all throughout my stay.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Nothing...... everything was great

The location was super, near bus station and train station only a ten minute walk also thirty minutes to St Marks Square. The staff couldn't be more helpful. They also laid on a beautiful breakfast more than we expected. Our bedroom was really lovey,tea and coffee in the room also which was a bonus. We only came home yesterday and if we went back we would certainly use this hotel again.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Excellent location. Beauriful room. Wonderful staff. I ate I don't wonderful restaurant in a quiet square about a 10 minute walk from the restaurant.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Hotel sign should be clearer and more visible as if you arrive in the evening it is easy to miss.

Great Location. Excellent staff and breakfast. Excellent accomodation

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Nothing, it is one of the best hotels we stayed at. Much better than most 4 star hotels.

Location next to public boat shuttle, Super clean, area around hotel safe at night, very good restaurants within few minutes of walking, rooms are big and very stylishly furnished, breakfast was great, staff were excellent and went out of their way to make our stay combfortable.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

My room have a stale smell. Other than that, it was good

Good location and within walking distance to station. Fantastic breakfast. Very friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Nothing. Everything about this hotel was beyond our expectation.

Location was excellent (5 minutes walking from the airport boat shuttle), the room was large and clean, staff were as good as it gets. They even kept our luggage after checkout because our plane was in the evening and when we came back to pick them up they asked if we needed to use any of the hotel facilities before we left (even though we had already checked out). I was worried about the 3 star rating when I booked this hotel, but it was much better than most 4 star hotels we booked before in other locations around Europe.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

That we couldn't stay longer. Had a bit of trouble finding it and later walked right past it. Signage in Venice in general seemed limited. Maybe to keep its charm...

Beautifully furnished.Pristine bathroom. Walked to San Marco via street after street of charming shops. Friendly, professional staff who spoke perfect English. Incredible full breakfast.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Nothing really! If you are a light sleeper, the morning shuffle of the vendors outside may awaken you but its not really loud.

Loved this property! The service was friendly and helpful... The breakfast in was held in a beautiful room and was perfect! The location is close to the train, and close to the vapertto stop, and close to good restaurants.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

• Classic Double Room

An absolutely amazing hotel!! The rooms were insane! Clean, beautiful and that shower!! The staff couldn't help us enough and the breakfast was phenomenal. We didn't want to leave our room. Everyone visiting Venice should try and book this hotel.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

The view from our window

The whole experience was wonderful, the staff were attentive. Everything was very clean. The location was perfect and the area was great to explore.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Nothing to complain about. The only thing we didn't have was a canal view because the hotel is just one street back. But, the view we had was great and so was the value for money they deliver.

Super friendly and attentive staff made us feel very welcome and appreciated. The hotel has a small, unobtrusive entrance, but the main rooms inside are grand, look amazing and are very comfortable. Junior suite was spacious with large shuttered windows overlooking all the bustle going on outside... once shut, the room was nice and quiet. Loads of great food, shops and restaurants right on the doorstep. Two mins walk from the water taxi/bus stop and 10 mins stroll from the main railway station. Would be very happy to return and recommend.

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

The price is very unstable. The night we checked in, the room price was 40% cheaper than what we have paid for. It makes you feel unworthy.

Location is good. Very clean, breakfast is awesome and the staffs are very nice and helpful

Browse Arcadia Boutique Hotel traveller photo gallery