Reviews of Atlante Garden Hotel 4 stars

Via Crescenzio 78, Vatican City - Prati, 00193 Rome, Italy

#666 of 921 hotels in Rome

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Not really pleased with staff. Answered our questions but seemed stand offish. We wanted a shuttle to the train station but only offered to the airport. We were disappointed with our room - no views! Our bathroom had a jet tub but we wanted to shower- no curtains and major watery messes!

Convenience location, close to everything, comfortable bed,...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Reception staff are not friendly, didn’t feel welcomed and no farewell either! Lobby is at basement, requested higher level floor, didn’t accommodate my request, no apology either when I ask him why, overall, didn’t like the lobby staff! The breakfast staff and room service staff are great!

Convenience location, close to everything, comfortable bed, clean room!

I'd never stay there again! I've been home for 2 days now and feel shattered after a week without s
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Ask for a room on the back ! If your room is on the main road you won't get any sleep ! They empty the bins at 1 30 am! It's awful !

The location is perfect

Perfect Location, helpful staff, tasty breakfast, and comfortable air conditioned room!

The location was just perfect as the hotel was within 10 mins walk to the Vatican City. Also, the staff were extremely helpful and the breakfast was an added bonus. My family and I enjoyed the food very much. We also, got the airport shuttle and luggage storage free of charge which was great as our flight was in evening after check-out. I'd highly recommend staying at Hotel Atlante Garden to my family and friends. Additionally, we got a free welcome drink in their other Hotel Atlante Star with a 360 degree view from the roof garden bar. It was a beautiful surprise for my family. :-)

Clean room,good breakfast and good location
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Very awful welcome, the reception at our entry day was not friendly at all and he must working in another place not as a reception in a hotel. And hope they will renew the bath facilities.

Clean room,good breakfast and good location

Had a great time in Rome. Hotel nice, staff friendly.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Only problem was someones balcony outside our window, so could not leave window open and the roof garden shown on advert is at the sister hotel around the corner. Hotel does have a roof garden but not developed like their sister hotels which they show on the advert.

The breakfasts were superb. The location great right by the Vatican. Room clean and staff friendly and helpful. Free transport back to the airport after stay.

Outstanding location within close range to the Vatican
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The breakfast is good yet could be improved. For example, by providing freshly squeezed orange juice rather than concentrated juice. And, perhaps more varieties on warmer food aside from sausage and scrambled eggs.

The rooms, though seem outdated in the pictures, are still very nice and very clean. We were provided with rooms that are quite spacious. Inside the room the bathtub also has a jacuzzi which is quite a treat after a long week in the city. The location is also very good as we wanted to be close enough to Vatican but still accessible to trendy and "not so touristic" restaurants, cafes and bars. The staff in the breakfast hall are very accomodating.

This hotel was in a fantastic location and was clean and...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

This hotel was in a fantastic location and was clean and safe. The rooms were very spacious and had a fantastic view. This hotel is an easy choice to stay.

at least provide water to drink to guest even if it is late.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

they close the kitchen at night, so I wanted to take my medicine and I run out of water, in Reception couldn't help me because kitchen was closed. All stores around the hotel close early. keep water

I enjoyed the hotel, very close to Vaticano, in a nice area, restaurants around the hotel.

The location was excellent - very close to the Vatican,...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The decor was rather dated, the reception area had nowhere to sit, the lift was minuscule and exactly the same food was in the buffet breakfast every day. There were street garbage bins just outside the entrance that were overflowing and were not emptied in the 6 days of my stay so they were disgusting and smelly.

The location was excellent - very close to the Vatican, Castell Sant’Angelo and to the Metro station. Also close to Calabascio restaurant - the best food and ice cream!!

Would definitely recommend
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Street noise (recycling bottles, police sirens) was a little loud and persisted throughout the night.

Excellent location, the room was PITCH BLACK with the blinds closed, which was great. Nice warm shower, comfortable bed, and great room overall.

Excellent Location
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast been served after 730am was disappointing.

The rooftop lounge/bar gave a beautiful lookout to the The Vatican & at night it is absolutely breathtaking. It was also a great location & walking distance to everything.

Rome was wonderful and we enjoyed everything. But sadly, very dirty and too many people!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I have a few points about our bathroom: we are elderly people and the bath is also old - very high and deep. I would suggest you add a holder on the wall to assist people getting in and out; also in the bath, it was very difficult to fix the shower head on the holder (Room 438). Otherwise the bathroom was good. In the bedroom there were very few places to put clothing: only 2 drawers in the wardrobe. It would be helpful to have a few more drawers or shelves - e.g. in the bedside tables you could put a shelf for this purpose.

The bedroom - very spacious and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was good - we could take what we wanted and there was a good choice of food. The Personal were always helpful and busy! We enjoyed Atlante Garden because it was close to St Peter's and the Vatican, and to Piazza Risorgimento - and we used the 81 bus to get to Piazza Venezia. Also 8 - 10 minutes walk to the Metro which was easy to use.

Beware of surly staff.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The reception was staffed by a very sullen gent who rarely even responded to us, even when greeted directly in Italian. The road noise was intrusive, despite the shutters and the breakfast was only available on the ground floor, and not impressive. The 'spa bath' in the room needed a serious clean out, as did the drains, which emitted a decomposing smell for most of the stay; and the water in the shower/bath was either ice cold or boiling hot. The real kicker though, was that the offered 'free shuttle' to the airport, that was booked 24 hours in advance, as per the hotels specification, was cancelled on the day that we were due to depart and the gent on the reception simply claimed that it hadnt been booked, but if we wanted to wait until 30 minutes before our check-in closed for our flight, that we could get picked up with another guest tht was departing then. When we explained that this wouldnt work due to transit time to the airport exceeding 30 mins in peak hour, he was dismissive and stated that we were wrong. For the record, we caught a cab which cost us 50 euro and it took just over one hour. In addition, despite payment having been taken 4 months prior to our stay, the gent at reception keep stating that we needed to pay for the stay plus city tax. Altogether became an unpleasant experience.

Excellent location between the Vatican and Castel Sant Angelo. Also close to a shopping district, but not close to the metro.

Great location, available price, helpful&friendly staff
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Bath cleaning kits such as shower gel, shampoo and soap should be renewed daily, in other words, the old ones should be replaced with the new ones everyday.

Great location, available price, helpful&friendly staff

Now wifi on 1st floor room is unacceptable. Laptop can't see WiFi is crazy.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

No wifi in room 1st floor, no phone directory, construction loud, staff knocking next door 3 to times an hour. Dismissive front desk staff. Jacuzzi didn't work without staff help. Switched me to this hotel upon booking isn't acceptable. Only offer 30% off. Hate your hotel.

The breakfast was good

Do not recomend it
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Welcome drink was in another hotel, which is a joke, the bar downstair was closed all the time, the parking for a car wasn't free of charge, €30/per day and there was no info about it on the website. Same food for a breakfast every day. Internet lost connection all the time, really loud in a room all day like on the building site. And much more!!! Not worth at all and I do not recomend to anyone, now I'm not surprice why was so cheep for 3 night €220 I've been in beter hotels in Gdansk, Krakow, Paris, London, Brusell and Dublin. I do not recomend this hotel at all to any one.

Absolutely nothing

Do not waste your holiday! Do not stay here

Property was horrible. Do not stay here. Stuck in a time warp with padded walls, plastic tiles on doors. Very small rooms and dark. Windows do not open. Welded shut. Bathrooms horrible, scraps and parts of the bath missing.

Property was very dark, very poor lighting. Pictures on the website were of the sister hotel Atlante Star! False advertising.

I wouldn’t recommend it, the hotel should do a major renovation
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Well everything in my room was broken The bed, safe, tub In addition to the loud Street noise but that didn’t bother me that much because the location is near touristic areas

The staff of the hotel are excellent. They even gave me 50% off To be honest I didn’t want to review this hotel just because their staff is amazing but I felt the need to let the management to know about my experience and actually do something about it

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Diabolical. Worse experience of our lives.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Booked for 3 nights and checked out after 2. Pictures on website are false. They are of the Sister hotel Atlante Star. I’m an making a further complaint to Booking.com for false advertisement. Arrived and was given a room that has clearly not been updated since it was built. Ancient electrical sockets that don’t take adapters. Broken windows and shutters. Hair dryer didn’t work. Shower water changed constantly from hot to cold. Room was as dark as a dungeon with a view of a brick wall. No coffee facilities. Hot over priced mini bar. Asked to be moved room due to the above and was sent a bell boy who tried to tell us he would get us an adapter and that would fix all problems! I think not. We were then told to pack and we can be moved immediately to another room which was a huge relief. Didn’t last long. Packed and went to reception only to be told the new room wasn’t ready and we had to wait. At this point it was 11 am on our second day. Eventually at 12 moved into a different room. Only difference being 1 socket took our adapter and hair dryer worked. Unfortunately they decided to put us in between the cleaners cubards which meant very loud noises all morning from early to even in the late evening. Walls are paper thin so dont expect a restful night after sightseeing! A whole morning wasted of our short stay. Checked out after night 2 of our 3 night stay at 8:30 am into another hotel. Breakfast is a joke! Fruit that was clearly a week old. Hardly any choice and if your not Italian staff are not interested in offering you a fresh coffee unless you ask. I could go on and on and on. My husband and I are not picky people with expectations out of our price range. We have stayed in many a different star holidays but have never ever experienced such as this apparently 4* hotel.

I’m astonished to say absolutely nothing. The only way I can describe this hotel is a nightmare and I am not overreacting or over embellishing.

pleasant experience
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

rooms are dated and no tea/coffee facilities there-in

breakfast was varied and nice, rooms were noisy and basic. staff were friendly and helpful. Possibly should look at lowering to 3 star rating to match expectations and also be clearer about the 'tourist tax' and the shuttle service....

Fantastic hotel, great value for money and in a perfect location
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I honestly cannot think of anything i did not like about this hotel. If i had to nit pick i could say the shower in our bathroom wasn't in the best position on the wall but a very very minor issue.

The bed was very comfy and the room was immaculately clean. A little dated but very Rome-esk. The location was perfect, only a few minute walk to Castel Sant Angelo and to the Vatican. The rooftop garden was pretty, especially at night with a lovely view of the city. Would definitely recommend this hotel

Hotel only acceptable. Would not stay again in this hotel.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Staff unfriendly and rude. Dirty room - strong stench of cigarette smoke Freezing cold - heater did not work, draft from window. Definitely not 4 stars

Jacuzzi bath

Great location good price don't go just on the the photos.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

They seem to have used pictures from their sister hotel. There were no rooms with balcony or a roof top bar. This was in the other hotel. The facilities were a little dated as was the room. Also there is a tourist tax per night which I didn't know about pre arrival.

The location was great 5 minutes from the Vatican

This Hotel was an extremely god value for the price.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I didn't really care for the breakfast as it was fairly basic. It consisted of Eggs, Cheese, Sausage, Yogurt, and toast. For 9 euros you couls go to one of the nearby cafes and get a nice panini or something.

This Hotel was an extremely god value for the price. not only was there an awesome view of Rome, but it is akso situated less than 5 mins from the Vatican, Castel St'Angelo, the Tiber river, and the metro making it very easy to get round the city. The beds were also very comfortable and clean.

Walk to the Vatican and to nice restaurants
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Location was within a short walking distance to the entrance of the Vatican and other sites to see. The hotel is located in a trendy street with good bars and restaurants. There is a nice quiet garden area inside the hotel walls, and a smal bar inside. The staff were helpful. The bed was comfortable.

The hotel needs renovation its very old .
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The hotel needs renovation its very old .The bath towels were torn !!Garbage baskets were in front of the hotel entrance!! we didnot enjoy our stay we leave it after one day

We stayed here in 2010 and came back as we had a good experience here. We won't stay here again.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Our room faced a side street and there was a lot of noise - seems like it was constant party time on the street. The yelling and talking continued until 3 or 4am and then the garbage pick up started around 5am. The furniture in the lobby/waiting area needs to be replaced.

It is very close to some good restaurants and a quick 5-10 minute walk to the Vatican.

the staff were initially quite unfriendly, but were fine on...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

the staff were initially quite unfriendly, but were fine on the last day. The Wifi instructions were insufficient and therefore did not end up using the internet for most of the stay.

Excellent location.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Warm welcoming staff, however hotel was very outdated and therefore disappointing. It was clean but not what I would expect comfort-wise from a 4 star hotel. Despite the knobs being broken and the instructions on the dials having been worn away, I was able to get the jacuzzi bath to work. No tea/coffee facility in the room. You cannot control the temperature in the room unless you open a window. No bathrobes/slippers, although I did ask the reception if it were possible to at least get slippers and the next day the housekeeper dropped 2 pairs to our room- I thought this was a very considerate touch. The concierge were unable to give us a later checkout, however they kindly offered to hold our luggage which was reassuring. At check out I was to be charged for 1 breakfast- I told the man at the reception that I had not had breakfast at all during my stay. He then requested a member of staff to come and 'identify' my face to confirm this- I felt very much accused and as if my word was not good enough. Why would I have breakfast for 1 when there were 2 of us travelling together?! The location was excellent.

Excelent!

nothing to declare.

good location (10 min walk to vatican and to navona), staff was friendly and polite, room was very comfortable, computer with internet and the possibility to print. i asked in the hotel reception for a a cab, the service was very quick and they gave me a ticket with the confirmation of the cab reservation with cab identification and expected waiting time.

The bed was comfortable and the room was clean.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. Had a private terrace surrounded with flowers and trees. Was a short walk to the Vatican and other activities.

Nice location close to the vatican, good breakfast places nearby.
    • Deluxe Double Room

I couldn't connect my phone (iPhone 6s) to the wifi. The room and the hotel is a bit old fashioned. The curtain could be more beautiful and to open the terrace door was a bit complicated, it didn't opened easy because it was stucked.

The room was big enough and our terrace was lovely. The bathroom accessories was good but I missed a body lotion. On the roof was a big terrace what can ise every hotel guest.

It was worse

The lift was so small that means two person can be stand and all the time was busy so we have to go up and down by staires and the bathroom was so dirty you can find fleece all over the bath

Staff are friendly ,very approachable.

They need to refurbish the hotel .It doesn't look like a 4star for me.

Hotel was really acccesible to Vatican and bus station was closed to airport.Staff are Friendly .

Never again...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The hotel room is nothing like in the picture it is extremely dark and dull, the mattress was not comfortable and the bathtub had all sorts of stains making me not even want to shower.

A pleasant experience despite the initial disappoinment
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

There is a sister hotel nearby - The roof garden Les Etoile was not at the hotel I stayed at but in the sister hotel so that was deceptive advertising as the booking.com advert states that as a feature of the hotel.

Location is excellent,

Ok
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Poor lighted room. Very dim. Hard to pack my suitcase as it is very dim. Too tight room. Worn out towels, shocking. I don't use such torn towels at home.

Location only.

3.5
    Tight place.

Too tight a room. I booked in this 4-star hotel by my Italian friend's recommendation. I like staying in 5 star hotels because of excellent service & big room size. I stayed twice (split times in a week). The first room was small. Then when I checked in again, the room was even smaller. Honestly, there's no space to go to the other side of the bed due to its weird layout. I felt hard to breath in such a tight room. The windows (2nd floor) were open when I checked in. I noticed them in the next morning. I thought it was disturbing . So I closed them down. I left my room, shopping spree, then returned to my room. The windows were open again. Oh my! My hotel in Brussels is half the price of Atlante, but is comparatively bigger. The staff (mostly) looked very rigid. I wish a more welcoming reception staff, just like 5-star hotels.

Location! By the street.

Cheap and close to Vatican
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Staff friendliness very poor and bar terrible, I had 2 glasses of wine during our stay, both expensive and both gone off!

Good location, lovely restaurants and bars around. Close to the Vatican. Staff fine but very unwelcoming . Roof top garden not what it's made out to be! For the location and price I would stay again but it's not exactly luxury accommodation

Excellent location - only 5 minute walk from Vatican City...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Room was much smaller than expected and quite dated. Only 1 side of the bed has a socket point. We could smell second gand smoke coming in from the vents! It was very frustrating - it wasn't coming from the street or from the hallway - definitely the vents.

Excellent location - only 5 minute walk from Vatican City and 10 minutes to the metro. Beautiful food places closeby as well. Windows block out street noise quite well. Bed was very comfortable and bathroom very clean.

Do not book a stay at this awful hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Room too small, dark & dreary Bathroom far too small, bath tiny Breakfast was apalling Supposed to be a 4 Star - would struggle to make 2 Stars. I booked a superior double room & got a tiny dark and dingy room with no outlook but a narrow balcony door looking out on a tiny courtyard and the roofs of some dreary buildings. There was no window.No daylight in the room.

Good location Comfortable bed

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

Very pleasant stay!

Lovely friendly staff who were always ready to help. Very convenient location for the Vatican and other sites. Most are walking distance from the hotel.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

Nothing at all .
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff was unable to speak English so it was hard to communicate . Also for a four star hotel nothing was in the room free not even Water to welcome guest. We had to ask for toiletries that should have been put there for Two. I will not be recommending this hotel to anyone . Also I was ask to leave the room at 11am 'cos it was full book for the next guest even when my check out was meant to be at 12noon .

Nothing at all . I hated my stay there

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Good location....but not tHe best hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Front desk was not very helpful...there seems to be an attitude toward visitors in Rome....not very tolerant or helpful, and this hotel certainly had some with attitude.

Location close to Vatican...many good cafes in area...seemed safe.

Helpful staff.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

No coffee/ tea facilities in room.

Helpful staff. Good location near Vatican City and metro. Easy to get around.

Amazing Hotel, Would stay there again!
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Air con was a little noisy, but honestly nothing major!

Amazing staff, beautiful hotel and some incredible restaurants right nearby.

Location, fast internet and friendly staff

The shower was awful

Location, fast internet and friendly staff

this hotel suggested it had a roof terrace, when in fact it...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

this hotel suggested it had a roof terrace, when in fact it was at a sister hotel 3 blocks away.

Great Location perfect stay

Great Location perfect stay

Beautiful place.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Beautiful place. Great location. Excellent service. Terrific breakfast.

A great location convenient to Vatican.

No restaurant on property.

Staff very accommodating.

Location and breakfast

Location and breakfast

Generally comfortable and location is central.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Breakfast fairly basic. Wifi weak at times.

Generally comfortable and location is central. Shuttle to airport provided.

Nothing and it wwasn't the hotel booked, and I am sure...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Nothing and it wwasn't the hotel booked, and I am sure they charge more than was expected. Send me initial contract please

Lovely short stay , great staff and general hospitality, will raccomand to friends

Staff very friendly and professional

All was good

Fantastic
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Building work was being carried out and we wasn’t told

Breakfast was great

Great for Vatican city
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Had steps but didn't realise.

Very close to the Vatican city and nice and easy to get about convenient.

Shuttle only one way

Shuttle only one way

Clean and reasonable
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

No tea/coffee in the room

Great time in Rome
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Dust in the air (especially when the sunlight falls through the window)

1.Cosy bed 2.Location

Went back for a 2nd time and still loving the place

Perfect stay

Super location and friendly, helpful staff. Bad coffee.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Very friendly and helpful staff. Comfortable beds. Super location.

Location is simply amazing!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Location is simply amazing!

Cozy hotel with rich and delicious breakfast
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Great breakfast,cozy athmosphere,comfortable bed.Great location.Free transfer to the airport.We had realy amazing time in Rome!

Hard to find a better hotel for tourism in Rome
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Lovely place, staff polite and helpful

Very nice hotel in a quiet but central and charming part of Rome near the Vatican.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Free transfer to Fiumicino on departure.

Good stay
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The breakfast didn’t have enough selection

The bed was extremely comfy

The decor

The decor

Poor experience in an old place. Not a 4 star hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Old hotel and everything inside the room was damaged

The room size

We like everything very much, helpful stuff, best location.

We like everything very much, helpful stuff, best location.the stuff help with advices where to go and how to get to places.

Needs better breakfast.

Needs better breakfast.

Excellent hotel downtown Rome close to the Vatican

Staff courtesy, location, comfort.