Reviews of Hotel Barberini This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Via Rasella 3, Trevi, 00187 Rome, Italy

#336 of 921 hotels in Rome

• Reviewed: July 19, 2018

My only complain is related to the fact that the hotel is...

My only complain is related to the fact that the hotel is undergoing renovation: it is necessary to have breakfast in the bedroom (ours was quite small) with limited choice.

• Reviewed: July 2, 2018

Location is excellent for sightseeing in Rome, all landmarks...

Overpriced for the quality of the room. Carpets and room are a little worn and dirty, also quite small. Paper cups for tea and coffee was disappointing for a 4 star hotel. Breakfast wasn’t of great quality.

Location is excellent for sightseeing in Rome, all landmarks are within a 20 minute walk. Staff are friendly.

• Reviewed: June 20, 2018

Very satisfied ,definitely will give a great references to our friends & family
    • Double Room with French Bed

I will only give one advice to front desk employee to be less official .Would be nice if they will welcome with hello or good morning world & smile on their face.Because they don't look so happy.I will remember very nice young man working at front lobby but unfortunately I don't remember his name (he was working afternoon hours until 22:00 0r 23:00 o'clock.

nice spacious bathroom ,lobby look is nice ,very good breakfast ,delicious pastries,so tasty coffee Americana & Cappuccino ,smiley waitresses.Clean room everyday.Beatiful view from roof top Terrace.Amazing location in centre of everything.Love this Hotel !

• Reviewed: June 10, 2018

Overall good hotel for their price.
    • Double Room with French Bed

Stuff. I was driving a whole day before my arrival at night to hotel and receptionist even didn't propose me to help with my bags. I was with my friend but receprionist took us only one key...

Silence Very nice buffet with a view.

• Reviewed: May 11, 2018

Reception staff were excellent and friendly.

Just a little tucked away I was distracted by the villa across the road! Eternal Rome!

Reception staff were excellent and friendly. Room was immaculate.

Barberini

Rooms were a bit small and the breakfast was ordinary

It’s locations was excellent, a 5 min walk to the trevi fountain with a number of restaurants close by As well as the main shopping district Beautifully located

• Reviewed: May 2, 2018

Amazing! Definitely recommending it!

Unfortunately, the showerthingy was too high and me being a shorty was not very handy. Therefore, the shower itself was a bit uncomfortable. Also, WiFi was not working in the beginning but after a while the connection got stronger.

The room was clean, beautiful, spacious and it had a balcony with a lovely view. The hotel has a rooftop bar with again an amazing view. The food in the bar (dinner and breakfast) is quite nice and cheap and we got a welcome drink once we entered. Also, the staff was extremely helpful. They were able to safely store my luggage before check-in and after check-out. The trevi fountain is a 600m walk as well as the Piazza de Spagna. The AC was working, the bed was comfortable and we could even make use of a phone tour guide with free internet and for free phone calls throughout the whole city!

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

Wonderful hotel, even better service. Definitely would stay again

If there is any issue, the breakfast was fairly basic but the food was lovely and there wasn't a massive choice on offer.

Room was small but very well furnished. Property was in an excellent location, with the Trevi fountains only a 5 minute walk away. Without a doubt the best aspect of the hotel was the level of service from the staff. Incredibly friendly, and would definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: March 10, 2018

Excellent choice. I recommend it for sure.

Fabulous! Great breakfast at the rooftop of the hotel-clever idea-. Gorgeous decorated rooms. Clean bathroom and so pretty !! The staff was very kind and ready to help you. What I enjoyed most of Rome? Definitely the luxury hotel Barberini!!!

• Reviewed: March 1, 2018

All of the staff were really exceptionally friendly and...

I was not happy to be RIPPED OFF WITH THE PAYMENT. I had originally booked a double room as I was going to take just one of my sons as the other had school commitments but when I discovered he would be free I rang the hotel to check that he could come too and I was told by the manager that it was not a problem ( usually this means adding a fold out bed in the double room so I assumed this was the case) When I arrived at the hotel I was told that I would have to pay for an extra room as the capacity for each room was for two people so I asked why I was told by the manager that it would be OK if my other son came. His reply was that it was OK as I could pay for another room and for him this was not a problem!!!!! For me this was a huge problem as we were staying for two nights and we arrived late in the evening so I didn't have time to look anywhere else but I also would have lost my payment had we gone elsewhere. I find this behaviour disgusting. It is completely unprofessional and intentionally aimed at stealing money from me as it was a significant cost to pay for an extra room for 2 nights. Such a shame really as the location is great, it is a fantastic little hotel and all of the other staff without exception were really lovely.

All of the staff were really exceptionally friendly and professional especially in the restaurant.

• Reviewed: February 26, 2018

The reception and breakfast room staff went out of their way...

Basically felt like sleeping in a closet. If you have claustrophobia, this isn't for you! No place to go in the evening for a drink or to read your book outside of your TINY room. We chose to walk in the rain rather than go back to the hotel to sit.

The reception and breakfast room staff went out of their way to help.

• Reviewed: February 13, 2018

Excellent location and Hotel.

Breakfast. Selection of food excellent. View over Rome from upper floor breakfast room. Staff, particularly Laura. Very helpful and always a smiling face plus she answered questions tourists would ask.

• Reviewed: February 6, 2018

I stayed in room 102. Although a perfectly nice single room, albeit small, from an amenity and decorative point of view my complaint is that you cannot get any fresh air because of the positioning of air conditioning units of the next door building. Keeping the windows closed is the only way of stopping the noise and the shutters outside do not let any light in. I have never felt so claustrophobic in my life. I see no reason why this room should be charged at the same rate as other single rooms. Also the bed was possibly the narrowest bed I have ever slept on. Luckily I am of a medium build. If I had been any larger it would have been impossible to turn over without falling out of it. The two nights were a very disappointing experience.

The location and morning view from the restaurant

• Reviewed: December 26, 2017

Excellent hotel.We will will come again

The location of the tv in our room was aside the bed not in front.But most of the time we was outside.

The staph was very friendly,the location ,the food and the view from the dinning room excelent. More that we expect

• Reviewed: November 22, 2017

Lovely view from 6th FLR restaurant breakfast area. We enjoyed watching the birds on balcony!

Lift was very small so guests carrying kids and luggage have to do 2-3 trips with their bags to and from the room.

Staff was friendly and location was good for public transport and tourism destinations

• Reviewed: October 27, 2017

A classy, under-stated, elegant place from which to enjoy the myriad delights of the Eternal City

The entrance to the hotel, marble steps descending to the reception, sets the tone. This place oozes charm and style. We chose a standard double room and our days began and finished marvelling at the city from the small balcony (room 504). The bathroom equipped with a proper bath was a good place to be, too. The breakfast / dining room afforded perfect views across the city to St Peter’s as attentive, smartly dressed and lovely staff glided between tables with seemingly effortless efficiency. This Hotel is simply the perfect place to stay in Rome.

• Reviewed: October 16, 2017

Short but delightful - 1 unexpected night in Rome!

The room was a little small but lovely considering it was a last minute booking!

Charming staff and,after a cancelled journey home and a horrific day ( thanks to BA), they made us feel so much better. Thank you everyone at Barberini Hotel. P.S. The view from the restaurant was too die for and the breakfast was delicious.

• Reviewed: September 7, 2017

Location good. The rest disappointing.

Felt original price for room inflated. Was expecting much more. Bag breakfast disappointing. No cream available for coffee. We had early departure time. Informed the staff the night before.

• Reviewed: August 27, 2017

Great location for good value

Beds were a bit firm; would have preferred to stay in suite but pricing was exorbitant (we booked two rooms instead at a combined 50% cost of the suite).

Great location off the Barberini Square, accessible but away from walking and car traffic. Makes for easy walking access to the Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, and the Borghese Gardens. Transit options are excellent with the city subway at the square and the main train terminal nearby. Very helpful staff.

• Reviewed: August 25, 2017

Great staff, not so great room.

The room was one of the smallest I've ever stayed in. The bed was extremely uncomfortable and the only bedding provided was a flat sheet. When we arrived we went upstairs for a "welcome drink" and were served stale chips and pretzels. It felt really over priced for what it was. Unfortunately I would not stay here again or recommend it to anyone.

The staff was very friendly and helpful with any tourist/sightseeing type questions we had.

• Reviewed: August 24, 2017

Great location, lovely staff and a fantastic view from the...

Great location, lovely staff and a fantastic view from the rooftop breakfast room. Would highly recommend. We will be staying here if we come back to Rome!

• Reviewed: August 23, 2017

Perfect small hotel in the ideal location which had all of the facilities that we needed.

The shower could have been better. We struggled to get hot water and it was over the bath - the lever to switch to shower from bath was very stiff and old.

Breakfast was very good. We had dinner also which was the best meal we had in Rome. Views from roof terrace were magnificent. Staff were all very helpful and smiling.

• Reviewed: August 6, 2017

What made the hotel for me was all the staff, they made you feel very welcome.

Very small rooms, bathrooms and shower cubicle very small, a large person wouldn't have got into shower. Needs updating sink didn't work properly no cover on duvet and holes,in bedding, bed was uncomfortable, I couldn't open the wardrobe as the doors kept sticking. We made use of the spa unfortunately the shower dribbled cold was the sauna wasn't working and the Jacuzzi only 2 of the jets worked

Location was good, the staff were really helpful friendly and informative. The food was good.

• Reviewed: July 28, 2017

Wonderful time celebrating my daughters 21st.

Fantastic hotel in great location. Second visit to the hotel, first for my 10th wedding anniversary 15 years ago, this time for my daughters 21st. Wonderful hotel, highly recommend it.

• Reviewed: July 14, 2017

Wonderful hotel and great value for money in the heart of Rome

Nothing not to like about the hotel - great value for money.

Hotel Barberini is a wonderful choice for Rome located very close to all the attractions Rome has on offer - even a walk to the Vatican is very much possible.

• Reviewed: July 7, 2017

Restaurant food and staff were excellent.

Restaurant food and staff were excellent. Facilities were very nice. Pictures gave impression the location was on busy square, not on alley type street. Likewise, room looked large in photos but we're very small for even 2 guests. Would I stay there again, probably.

• Reviewed: June 24, 2017

Good hotel, with excellent location.

Spa was basic, but handy if you have been doing a lot of walking sightseeing. probably not worth the €15 to use, Limited storage space in room.

Good location, very friendly and cheerful staff. Mini bar prices were good. Bedroom was small but was comfortable with an efficient air con system.

• Reviewed: June 14, 2017

Rooftop restaurant with amazing viwes makes up for all minor faults

Not friendly receptionist on the day of arrival, the forgot linen for baby cot, prosecco at breakfast has finished too early on our second day, we didn't get a glass, service in the restarurant in the evening was not very good. But overall we enjoyed our stay!

clean, pretty room. Amazing view from the restaurant on the roof. Ripe Cherry and prosecco for breakfast, good wi fi, good location

• Reviewed: May 30, 2017

Good Staff

The breakfast staff was very nice and friendly , specially the young woman working there, when she knew that we don't eat pork, she cared for other species of meat! thank you all

• Reviewed: May 3, 2017

The hotel is really nice, comfortable, excellent location...

The quality of the food is really bad, I ate two times during the lunch and in the morning. The breakfast is very mediocre, not much stuff to choose, the lunch was really bad, not tasty at all, so I won't recommend to eat there.

The hotel is really nice, comfortable, excellent location and helpful stuff, I enjoyed almost everything

• Reviewed: April 25, 2017

Overnight stay at Roma...

Internet connection was terrible slow !!!

We had to leave early ...so received bag with water, apple, cracks, dry cake and a small marmalade :-) Room was small and cause..in spite of the fact we had two very confortable single bed ...I missed the double bed..and fell between them during the night :-)

• Reviewed: April 25, 2017

Great location for a week in Rome.

Evening meal was average.

Staff excellent, breakfast very good and great view from restaurant. Go out as good restaurants within walking - as everything is. Very close to Trevi fountain. Very clean. Location was excellent for us.

• Reviewed: April 24, 2017

Lovely hotel in the middle of Rome
    • Junior Suite (4 Adults)

A botique and lovely hotel. Lobby was very clean and tastefully decorated. Our room was richly trimmed and smelled fresh and was very clean. Breakfast staff were extremely helpful. Location is in the middle of the city. Lots of restaurants and groceries within 5 meters. Review fountain and other sites are all within 10-15 mins walking or by car

• Reviewed: April 23, 2017

Great hotel in fantastic location

Shower was a bit cramped and room was small but ok

Roof top restaurant was nice. The hotel is a classic roman building with lots of charm and understated elegance. Great position in centre of town and close to metro station so easy to get to all parts of the city

• Reviewed: April 21, 2017

A good hotel but over priced
    • Junior Suite (4 Adults)

Bed was not comfortable Breakfast was decent but nothing more The price is expensive From a hotel in these prices you expect more

Great location Clean Air conditioner Good service

• Reviewed: April 11, 2017

Clean hotel, good location, but some staff were lazy

The room was so small we could hardly move. The noise out side room was terrible. We went to the roof top restaurant & we were the only customers in there. The 2 members of staff were focused on setting up a large table.after we got our drinks, we waited 30 minutes to get our order taken, no one came over, so we got up & left without ordering any food. The safe in the room did not lock, we contacted reception 3 times to report it. They sent a gentleman up who couldn't speak English, the safe was never fixed & we had to carry our money & passports with us every time we left hotel for the 4 nights we were there.

I liked the loacation. The staff were polite at reception.

• Reviewed: March 30, 2017

Good base to explore Rome from.

air conditioning switched on (it was off until April!). The room was too hot - after first sleepless night they provided a fan! Breakfasts were a bit under par (only one choice of bread for toast - white pappy), sad scrambled egg - cold - they wouldn't light the burners under the serving dish!

Location and roof restaurant. Good value. Comfortable beds, quiet and dark. Convenient for Metro and Hoppa busses. Pallazo Barbieri opposite is a must visit.

• Reviewed: March 17, 2017

Well located very professional city centre hotel

Nothing to tell us that the bar/restaurant would not open on Sunday night. We were not the only ones to have to find this out by going up there to the 6th floor

Room small but beautifully finished. Staff excellent and helpful. Fabulous views from the bar restaurant, also used for breakfast. Large range of bars and restaurants within a few minutes walk.

• Reviewed: March 17, 2017

Fantastico!!

Very helpful with my disabled father. Gorgeous breakfast and restaurant food delicious. Waitress at breakfast time was so attentive and helpful. Spotlessly clean and comfortable rooms.

• Reviewed: March 13, 2017

An expensive hotel for the service received

When we arrived there was no hot water, we couldn't shower nor go to the toilet until late on the first day, when the water finally came it was red. We woudn't have minded but we were made to pay for this! The rooms are not at all soundproof, we didn't sleep the first evening due to noise outside and from the other rooms. The spa costs extra. These were just a few of the things we were disappointed with, the hotel was expensive for the service we received.

The restaurant had a beautiful view. It is well located.

• Reviewed: March 9, 2017

Disappointing stay

Reception staff unfriendly. When we entered our bedroom the night we arrived it had not been cleaned since used by the last guest. The receptionist offered no apology and simply said "that's strange". The spa was not open as advertised. We paid a bit extra for a hotel offering a luxury stay and did not feel this experience was good value.

Great central location. Excellent breakfast included. Staff at breakfast very friendly

• Reviewed: March 3, 2017

Unforgettable charming stay in Rome❤
    • Junior Suite (3 Adults)

The location is excellent! Just few steps from the famous Fontana De Trevi! The hotel has a uniq, charming atmosphere! Especially the breathing panorama view from the restorant on the top floor! Lidia made everything to feel us comfortable and unforgettable! Thank you!

• Reviewed: February 18, 2017

breakfast was good, location good.

the spa didn't function, we asked for early check in but didn't receive. 'for late check out (18;30) we paid 50 euro' though we have asked for it long before check in. very small room, unconvinient.

breakfast was good, location good.

• Reviewed: February 18, 2017

overall a very pleasant and central place to stay within walking distance of all Rome has to offer

kettle in room, bed was two single beds put together and not at all comfortable, did ask for a duvet to sleep on and one was immediately put on the bed which helped,

overall pleasant and a very central place to stay, staff quite friendly, restaurant good views evening dinner was very nice, breakfast acceptable, no coffee facilities in room, but on asking a kettle was swiftly bought to me, room decor lovely, we were very lucky to have a lovely balcony

• Reviewed: February 6, 2017

Attention! Unless you want webbed feet do not book this hotel.
    • Junior Suite (3 Adults)

The bath leaking water all over the floor & the staff telling us they can't do anything about it. It was a slip hazard. The dirty glasses not being cleared away from the room. They only have us two towels despite the room being booked for 3 people. Staff were rude.

• Reviewed: February 5, 2017

I will not go back

The room was very old, the telephone was coming off of the wall with all the cables out (dangerous), the toilet flush was only partially working, the bathroom sink was not draining the water, the carpet was pretty dusty (I am allergic), the room was very very small (I didn't know where to open my luggage). The room had no ironing machine + board, I asked at the reception and - after complaining because I didn't "tell them in advance" - they gave me one which was barely working and I had to use it somewhere in a basement hallway. I ordered transfer to the airport for an early morning flight and they gave me "boxed breakfast" which consisted of juice, cookies, and jam - too bad they didnt even put a napkin or a knife to spread the jam. Lastly, the transfer was supposed to cost 50 euros, but since I wanted to pay with a credit card the guy charged me 55. Unbelievable. I will definitely not go back.

The position is great. The breakfast is very good and the view from the breakfast hall is stunning.

• Reviewed: January 31, 2017

Perfect

Wellness area is small and therefor only available after "prior reservation"....

The staff of this location is perfect, always friendly and helpfull from groundfloor (reception,welcome) to top level (restaurant, breakfast).

• Reviewed: November 17, 2016

Nice place to stay in Rome.

The shutters on the windows did not allow daylight to enter the room so it was always on the dark side.

The location and breakfast were great. The staff was very helpful. I would stay there again if I were to go to Rome.

• Reviewed: October 26, 2016

comfortable hotel centrally located

Mobile phone charging socket did not work in my room. The Wi Fi was poor

The staff are friendly and helpful. The hotel is very central to major tourist attraction like Trevi Fountain , Piazza Di Spagna and shopping amenities as well as bars

• Reviewed: August 30, 2016

Very very happy with Hotel Barberini - you will love it too!
    • Superior Single Room

The room was very very small. But it was decorated so nicely and everything else was so good I didn't mind.

Wonderful service! Wonderful location, convenient but also nice and quiet. Beautifully decorated rooms. Great breakfast included in a restaurant with a view. Loved it.

• Reviewed: August 14, 2016

Excellent location, comfortable stay

No tea/coffee making facility in room? Would expect this in a 4* hotel. Limited bar and limited opening of bar.

Rooms comfortable and clean. Big selection of breakfast available. Very good location for most attractions. Nice views from rooftop breakfast room. Walking distance to Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain. Hop on/off Tour bus rides and Metro Station 5 mins walk from Hotel.

• Reviewed: July 19, 2018

location was great
    • Double or Twin Room with City View

Many stairs to go down to get into the hotel

location was great

• Reviewed: June 29, 2018

• Double or Twin Room with City View

Great location. Thought the room was small. The staff was exceptionally pleasant & helpful.

• Reviewed: June 28, 2018

Lucas G was very helpfull, he helped us with everything that...

Cleanliness

Lucas G was very helpfull, he helped us with everything that we need during our stay.

• Reviewed: June 8, 2018

Great value for money, perfect location.
    • Double Room with French Bed

Perhaps the breakfast room is too cold (A/C) but probably perfect for American guests :).

Great room with a nice view from a cute balcony.

• Reviewed: June 1, 2018

Bad experience

Roomsbad experience

• Reviewed: May 13, 2018

Comfortable room, excellent roof terrace, very good...

Comfortable room, excellent roof terrace, very good b'fast

• Reviewed: May 11, 2018

Good hotel, nice location, very good staff.

Nothing really

Great room, good location, friendly and efficient staff.

• Reviewed: May 3, 2018

I would stay again. Great location

Small shower, bed very hard, room had funny smell, no lotion provided

Nice breakfast and staff very helpful

• Reviewed: May 2, 2018

Good location, easy unload car, staff stored our luggage after checkout which helped.

Not much!

Location was excellent.

• Reviewed: April 17, 2018

The location was really great.
    • Junior Suite (4 Adults)

The rooms were so small. But I suppose it’s normal for the location.

The location was really great. It was also nice to havecthe breakfast included.

• Reviewed: April 2, 2018

Fantastic location and nice staff

Room very small

Fantastic location and nice staff

• Reviewed: March 9, 2018

Everything was nice , location, room, staff .

Everything was nice , location, room, staff ... super stay

• Reviewed: February 28, 2018

good hotel but over expensive

high price

fantastic location clean and nice nice breakfast

• Reviewed: February 13, 2018

Bad experience

Room was extremely small, one cant even properly keep lugguage. Not at all recommened if 2 people staying in the room

• Reviewed: February 12, 2018

Great location anc value for money

Went to the rooftop bar on Saturday night at 9.00pm and it was closed

Breakfast was excellent, lots of choice both hot and cold.

• Reviewed: February 8, 2018

• Reviewed: February 7, 2018

Good location.

Good location. Good breakfast from roof top restaurant.

• Reviewed: January 31, 2018

Breakfast amazing.

Breakfast amazing. Persons and building wonderfull

• Reviewed: January 29, 2018

Great breakfast, nice staff,

Stairs in entrance, bed was not so good, we wanted to stay another night but the price tripled

Great breakfast, nice staff,

• Reviewed: January 15, 2018

I will definitely come back to the hotel.

The breakfast buffet is great with something for everyone, and the amazing view from the restaurant is an additional bonus.

• Reviewed: December 31, 2017

The staff, the location and great rooftop restaurant views,...

The staff, the location and great rooftop restaurant views, excellent breakfast and very reasonable prices for drinks

• Reviewed: November 29, 2017

O.K.!

Bacon at breakfast awful. Not cooked properly and proba bly not a top quality bacon.

• Reviewed: November 17, 2017

Wished i could have stayed longer

The room was fantastic