Reviews of Mokinba Hotels Baviera 4 stars

Via Panfilo Castaldi 7, Stazione Centrale, 20124 Milan, Italy

#245 of 424 hotels in Milan

I do not know, if it is a regular practice in Europe or not as water bottles were charged. Also the city tax has to be paid in cash (not a problem, but thought it would be worth mentioning)

Breakfast - Croissants and handmade cakes and sweets were very good. More variety could be added, as it was same breakfast for both the days.

• Double or Twin Room

Staff was very friendly and I got an upgrade to a better room which was great. Breakfast buffett was very large and good. Staff was very helpful to organize a taxi to the airport.

• Double or Twin Room

The room smelled strongly of the cleaner's body odour upon arrival. The sound insulation between rooms is poor. I could here the neighbour snoring. There was also something in the room giving us itchy eyes and other hay fever like symptoms.

The staff were friendly and the location was very good.

Watch if breakfast is included or not. They charge 9€ extra per person there. Also I paid 5€ extra for tourist fee per night...

The double room with balcony was perfect. Everything’s clean and neat.

• Double or Twin Room

A kettle would have been a bonus but there was a very good cafe accross the street so not big deal

Very nice spacious room with balcony, unlike other reviews friendly receptionist, located in Repubblica square, within walking distance to centrale and Duomo, recommended

• Double or Twin Room

The staff could be a bit more gentle, and pictures from the booking didn't match the room completely.

Breakfast was great and the location was quite close to the city center and very close to the central station.

• Double or Twin Room

We had luck, we got superior room even if we did not book that one. Room was on the last floor, looking at inside garden with terrace, very nice and very quiet. Perfect location: 15 min from Statione Centrale by foot and 20 min from city center also by foot. Lots of choice for breakfast, not only italian coffee and croissant

• Double or Twin Room

not at the level of a 4 stars hotel, poor quality food, no much variety, fresh... unpleasant staff, not pro.... the hotel was clean up by a refreshment but still feel tired...

hotel location is fine, not far from the center city, close by the main train station...

They did not replenish the amnesties like shampoo, shower foam, during room cleaning

Very clean, comfortable beds. Close to metro and walking distance from Milano Centrale train station.

Room a bit shabby around the edges (bathroom mirror, wardrobe) and no tea or coffee making facilities in the room. Thin walls (you can hear everything in the corridor and adjacent rooms) and very hard mattress. I got a cheap deal, but if I'd paid the full price I'd be seriously disappointed.

Good location. Wifi that works. Well-stocked minibar.

The room was very small and old. Also the shower was extremely small and unconfortable. The acustic isolation was really bad, I could hear each movment from the rooms next to mine. At least my single room was far away from a standard 4 stars hotel in Italy. The only characteristics of a 4 stars hotel was the price of the mini bar, quite high.

I asked for an iron, to iron 1 short I needed for the evening and they said they didn't have. They said I could wait until next day morning when they had some cleaning service... I think not having an iron in a 4 star hotel is not acceptable

Both room and bathroom were quite small but for one night it was ok. Dated decor. Mattress not that comfy (prefer a spring mattress). Wifi pwd was found nowhere in the room, but in the lift - but nobody told you.

I arrived some hours ahead of usual check in time but got a room immediately. Positively surprised that the hairdryer basically was a normal one. Furthermore, there was a free newspaper on the desk, which was a nice detail.

• Double or Twin Room

only location and the hotel was cheap compare to the rest available in that area, which I needed for work.

Room is too small and furniture is old. With better furniture, size of room is not that important. Staff is friendly, however, level of service is very bad. I put sign do not disturb, which is the most important in hotels. When I was back to the room, cleaners removed the sign, cleaner room. When I asked reception why I am being disturbed, when I asked do not disturb, receptionist told me, basically, that they do not care.

• Double or Twin Room

- Perfectly located, close enough to the main train station (Milano Centrale) and close to the city center as well (20 minutes walking distance) - Clean hotel with recently refurbished rooms - Value for money

• Double or Twin Room

Horrible reception service! The staff was very unfriendly and rude. We didn't feel welcome at all! Hair drier hardly breathing small room

Great location: close to metro Repubblica and Centrale railway station and taxis Clean big bathroom

• Double or Twin Room

We booked two rooms for 4 colleagues in advance but still got only two double beds and one set of towels per room. The towels were provided after we asked at the reception, but we were refused the second blanket and additional sheets and one person in a room had to sleep under a plaid. Also there was no shampoo in the room upon arrival and one opened body lotion in the bathroom. Also you have to leave the room card at the reception each time you go our which is quite strange. The once corner room we had was quite noisy at night because of the sanitation trucks. The lock in the bathroom wasn't working. It is impossible to ask for an iron - only to order laundry for an additional fee.

The breakfast is ok. The beds and pillows are comfortable. Very close to the subway.

• Double or Twin Room

It was easy to find the hotel, the street parking is OK, but do not forget to pay for it at the machines. The hotel facilities are good, the room was a bit small, but perfect for staying there for a few nights. There are pubs and restaurants nearby.

• Double or Twin Room

I didn't like the staff, they weren't friendly at all! Answering every single question was such an effort for them. I didn't feel welcome at all!

The location is excellent, easy to walk to the centre. Good value for money, basic but decent.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

My boyfriend didn't like that we were on top floor without fire exit but I'm sure there are protocols in place for this.

Really impressed with it. Really clean room which is perfect for me as I have slight OCD! Cleaned everyday too which I wasn't expecting and the cleaner did an amazing job. Bathroom was gorgeous, the shower was probably our favourite thing. View from room was lovely. Staff were always polite and welcoming even thought we didn't spend that much time in hotel. Bed was amazing after a long day at the Formula One. If we ever come back to Milan, this is where we will stay. Thank you Mokinba

The poor wifi, which didn't work at the room. only two blankets for 3 people The reception man who was not welcoming at all!! And the worst thing about this hotel: it was written in Booking.com that it's walking distance to train station, ut it was too far, that we needed to take a taxi (10€) to go there back and forth! And when we told this problem to receptionist he said it's not my business!!!

Breakfast, specially the fresh orange juice!!

• Double or Twin Room

the bathtub is a bit small and inconvenient to use. only 1 blanket per room is offered while at least 2 are needed because the air conditioner makes it cold at night

rooms are delicate, staff are friendly and helpful

• Double or Twin Room

Nothing my room had toe nail clippings at the side of my bed which was room 401 a lot of dust and a huge air vent in the middle of the room very dull and scary room for myself and my eight year old daughter there was hair in the sink and the shower drain the room looked like it had not been cleaned at all we then got moved to room 409 which was cleaner room 401 was very dark and not light and airy at all the only person that I felt welcomed and helped was rosy the receptionist she changed our room the room was so filthy I physically cried with my unhappiness to her then she changed the room

I like the fact that we was only there for three nights could not stay in this hotel any longer I'm glad I booked a short stay

• Double or Twin Room

helpful and always smiling staff (especially the middle aged-man who welcome us at the reception desk), good location, very clean and comfortable room

• Double or Twin Room

The wifi sometimes did not connect. Asked the hotel a couple times via booking.com if they could pick us up at the airport but no reply.

Excellent room & housekeeping. Breakfast was really nice with wide selections of cheese and pastries. Good connectivity: very close to metro Repubblica and Centrale railway station, there were always taxis waiting around the corner. Supermarket & restaurants nearby.

• Double or Twin Room

Too small room, dirty wool cover for the bed, too small bathroom, no home shoes to walk inside the room (all other 4 stars hotels I went have); floor not enough clean to walk on without home shoes. Too expensive comparing the offered service

Strategic location for my business

• Double or Twin Room

Great hotel with the kind staff, beautiful clean room (products of excellent quality in the bathroom!!), very good breakfast, 50% reduction on spa as one of two jacuzzis was not working properly. We really loved to spend a weekend there.

The two older receptionist, woman and man were not welcoming. It seems that they just do the job for checking in and nothing else, and then they go home and watch tv and drink their wine. Nothing like, "Hello? How are you?"... it was only ,"Pay this, room number and wifi password.". Customer friendliness-ZERO! I hope they are not like this because their English is limited, because its a shame as they are in people service business. The room was gothic, the shower was falling as the holder was broken, so you have to shower with your hands. It was a spooky room, compared to the one in the picture they have in the advert. Maybe that room exist, but only one!

The price was alright, but as a traveller, I know I could have found a better offer for this price. The young lady receptionist was welcoming.

• Double or Twin Room

This hotel was in a great location near the train station. The room was beautiful, quiet, and very comfortable. The shower was shear luxury with colored lights and a rain shower head nozzle, I didn't want to get out! The price was very reasonable and the was a great Indian restaurant in the neighborhood that I really enjoyed. The breakfast was delicious and plentiful at the hotel in the morning, and it was included with the price of the room. I would definitely stay here again!

• Double or Twin Room

Internet was not reliable. No BBC or CCN available and it is a 4 star hotel. Laundry expensive and they misplaced items, eventually returned.

Staff friendly

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

I wrote email to the hotel before went to Milan about the route how to get to the hotel from airport as it's my first time to go to Italy. After a couple of days, I didn't get any response. I called the hotel from Australia but the staff answered phone could only speak limited English. I mentioned the email I sent, she said she would ask her colleague to answer my query through email. However, I didn't receive any response after I sent the second email. After a long journey to get to the hotel, I asked for the Wifi password, the staff was very rude, yelling to me that it's on the wall of the room...

• Double or Twin Room

The air conditioner was lousy and the room was pretty hot, we were asking the receptionists about it several times and they tried to fix it but it still didn't work quite well.

Comfortable beds, good looking hotel, clean rooms and toilets.

• Double or Twin Room

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and we can say the hotel is not very far from the city Center. In the room there is a flat TV, minibar and also a safe. The room is clean but the furniture is old and there is a smell in the room, I think from the bathroom. In the bathroom there is a bidet and hairdryer. All in all if you visit Milan for sightseeing and you don't spend the whole trip in the room, this hotel could be taken into account since it has a good price ratio.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Coffee at breakfast could be improved on. Room was very small.

Price was one of the most reasonable at the weekend. Location was central and parking was close by.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The shower was too small, and no free parking easy to find and the once close to the hotel is prototype expensive, maybe an agreement for the clients could be appreciated

Position, cleanness, beautiful rooms and building style

• Double or Twin Room

The room showed in booking.com does not match the type of room we thought we would get. We had to get an upgrade to be in the nice rooms. The Service was absolutely terrible. Except for 1 or 2 women in the reception at the time of check out, all other employees in reception were absolutely ZERO help and one even was making comments about my nationality. It seems they did not study hospitality at all. The Restaurant does not have a Restaurant to serve room Service. The breakfast was poorly made. Sandwiches were not appropriate for a so called 4 stars Hotel. I can continue this list forever, but I will stop here.

The room we had was very nice, as it was one of the modern ones. Basically the only Thing I like from the Hotel was the room.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

The rooms were small, but adequate for one person.

The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was excellent. The location was great!

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

• Double or Twin Room

In the bathroom you could smell cigarettes. I decided to tell this thing at the reception but they didn't really care. Another thing was broken hose in the shower. They gave us one towel I had to go for another one.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast not included, bathroom is very small, staff looked grumpy.

Good choice for a short stay.Close to restaurants,shops and metro. Clean room,free wifi,nice little balcony.Good value for the price.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The staff was very unpleasant, the shuttle service expensive. The price was absolutely not worth the value.

The bathroom was pretty good and well equipped.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The staff was super friendly - l got an upgrade unexpectedly for the newly renovated rooms. They were clean, comfortable and had a beautiful look - as well the bedroom as the bathroom. Would gladly come back!

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room

1. room has a very bad smell that comes from every corner, like the cutains, under the bed, the carpet, bathroom...etc. that caused us insomnia! 2. no ventilation in the bathrooom 3. shower is extremely small 4. it was very hot in the room in the middle of winter although that we switched the heater off all the time, the answer from the staff was it's so... just keep the windows opened!! 5. complained also to booking.com without an answer!

Almost nothing!

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

Thin walls, you can hear every sound from other rooms (tv, toilet splash etc). Hair drier is so old, that not dry, but hardly breathing. No separate shampoo, balsam, shower gel, 3 in 1 container.

Location, cheese selection on breakfast, nice personal.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Small shower. Am tall with a slim build and still had a hard time moving around in the shower.

Close to the train station and to the center. Helpful and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Staff not that friendly- called us 15 minutes after the check out to remember that we have to leave. I wouldn't give it 4 stars, as it doesn't have a lot of facilities in the Bathroom (i.e. only shower gel no shampoo, no dental kit or shaving kit)

Very good location, easy to reach from the central train station. Clean hotel

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Room is smaller than expected, not modern as it shows in photos

Location out of touristic jam but still central. Reachable by yellow metro station Republica (exit viale Tunisia) that takes you to Duomo or Centrale without change. Walking there is also possible. Good breakfast and really friendly and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

We had booked 2 hours before arrival and it was no problem (arrivaltime 20:30) We even get an upgrade! So it was even better than we expected. Also the location was perfect for a short citytrip. We could do everything by foot. We had a great stay for a good price. Tip; take a walk through the park to the city, very nice!

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

The room is tiny,and the receptionist is bad.And the location is not very close to central station,about 10 mins by walk if you carry lots of luggages don't choose this one.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

1- Evening reception staff was uncooperative provocative addition to failing to offer any assistance service, such as a parking place, as he was handling me as if offering me free housing. 2 - the breakfast was with less selection of food such no scrambled eggs and omelet

The mornning staff are so kind and helpfull with a big smile

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The room had a very old and dusty carpet. Our phone screen was full of dust only after a few minutes we came inside the room. I advised the hotel I was allergic to dust, and she said that the room I paid for, all of them have carpets inside. If I haven't paid in advance with no refund, I would have changed straight away! Also, the hotel was classified as a 4 stars hotel, but when I called reception at 11 pm to request a blanket, I was informed It was not possible to get one as the receptionist was completely alone in the hotel, and he could't get the blanket. I offered to get it at reception, but the blanket was in a storage room he couldn't access. I was cold and with allergy all night, couldn't sleep, and when I reported the experience to the receptionist, she didn't know about the incident and didn't even apologize. Very poor service and room conditions! It is definitely not a 4 stars hotel.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Maybe the location is not great if you want to stay in the center

Great place to stay. Our room was very nice and clean. Staff was very nice and helpful. They had bikes we could borrow for free. Close to the train station

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

One of the night staff was really rude, we were also charged €150 when we left for tourist tax and a mini bar bill we barely used. Will not be using this hotel again. BE CAREFUL OF HIDDEN CHARGES

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The breakfast only ran 7.30-9.30 and was €9 you can buy a pastry from near by bakeries for much less and also means you don't have to get up extra early to have breakfast

The staff were a great help, arriving at the hotel 3 hours before check in they allowed us to check in early to drop off our luggage and explore he city early. We were also given a room on the 5th floor which had recently been renovated. The room was fitted with a large screen TV fully stacked mini bar, modern bathroom and bedroom. If anyone is looking to book a room in the hotel try and get a room on the 5th floor. The hotel is also near to two metro tubes one being a metro line which takes you directly to the centre square where the catherdiral is the other being a line wh oh takes you in walking distance to the San Siro stadium or to the connecting line which takes you to the San Siro. The hotel is also a 10/15 minute streight walk to the central station in Milan

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The only thing that was disappointing was that they charged 5 Euro per person per day to secure bicycles. We have never come across this before anywhere

The accommodation was great . Breakfast excellent and location very central

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

Older rooms are dank and dingy - had to change when I saw what we were given. Breakfast was limited and the quality of the food was not up to standard. When asked for wine bottle opener to be brought to my room, the barman waited for me to open the bottle so I could return the one and only opener in the hotel - not good.

Refurbished rooms were nice and welcoming.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

It could include breakfast in that price. No parking in the hotel, so parking is extra charge by a 3rd party. (just a minute walk from the hotel)

Restaurant and a little supermarket are just near by. Including an electronic shop were we bought a sim card. Room design was nice, bed were comfy. The staff were very nice.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The people who work there don t make nothing for the clients. When i was there raining really bad. I called the hotel for send me one taxi and they said to call alone. I m not from Italy so I don t have numbers...i called again they don t care. I most to walk in the rain with my girlfriend untill hotel( 3 km) because i don t had one taxi. We arrived there really wet and for reception was funny....the people don t have respect for clients!

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

I made a booking for a double room two adults for on night and on check out they charge me again for the second person.i would like to have an explanation why ?

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Horrible Reception service. No one could suggest me an available laundry for an emergency (and this happened during Fashion week!) so I ended up asking for laundry at Westin nearby! A receptionist couldn't give us ANY suggestion about a place for dinner, and finally gave an indication for a place after googling, that turned out to be closed. I was preparing for an important evening and I had my friend passing by to help me. My room was booked for two, but she wasn't the second guest. The hotel didn't allow her to come upstairs even for an hour in a very rude manner. She didn't visit the room , didn't see it (as they wanted ) and definitely will never stay at this hotel. Neither will I.

Good breakfast, great equipped bathroom, wifi. Central location.

Good quality, friendly service and great location

• Double or Twin Room

Some mornings, smell of kitchen reach to rooms

Location Rooms (Lux one) Breakfast Personnel Price policy

• Double or Twin Room

Perfect place to stay! We loved everything.

Location is very nice

• Double or Twin Room

Too small rooms. Lobby bar service poor.

Near Metro

Price per Quality excellent

room very small, smelled old, staff quite unfriendly

Superior room is nice and quiet Location is great

• Double or Twin Room

Amazing location and friendly staff but facilities would be akin to a budget hotel. Rooms are small (especially for US standards).

• Double or Twin Room

The room was beautiful, the bathroom too!

• Double or Twin Room

It was tricky to find as a slight side road

A very nice comfortable hotel

• Double or Twin Room

Cold shower on one morning

Room and breakfast

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The service,the location , everything it has nothing to do with a 4 stars hotel

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast not included. Staff OK, but not great.

Quiet room.

• Double or Twin Room

services, bathroom and room, everything was disappointed

nothing good about this hotel very bad experience....

• Double or Twin Room

The shower space, extremely small and tight for tall people .

Nice and friendly staff. Quiet and relaxing environment.

Browse Mokinba Hotels Baviera traveller photo gallery