Reviews of Hotel Bernini Palace 5 stars

Piazza San Firenze 29, Uffizi, 50122 Florence, Italy

#63 of 384 hotels in Florence

9.8

Everything about the property was amazing! Location was perfect, in the middle of all the attractions. Thank you to Lorenzo from the front desk. He made our stay from the moment we checked-in, until the end of our stay, a great experience with recommendations of places to visit, etc! Lorenzo also arranged a wonderful afternoon tour to a winery (we tasted some delicious Chianti) and afterwards an exquisite dinner at a true Tuscan restaurant with breathtaking views of Tuscany's landscape! The breakfast room is breathtaking (lots of history in that room!). 5 Star hotel staff, extremely attentive!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

To be totally honest, The wi fi service was the only let down. Everything else was a solid five star performance

Excellent: perfectly blends old style decor and superb service with modern efficiency (except for patchy wifi). The staff are truly delightful. Impeccable breakfast, spotlessly clean everywhere. It's brilliantly located, next to the Bargello, five minutes from Palazzo vecchio, ten from uffizi/Ponte Vecchio.it was a luxurious quiet haven in congested peak season Firenze. One of the best hotels i've ever stayed in. Was on first name terms with several staff who are charming and work very hard to give guests a comfortable, memorable stay. if you can afford to splurge a bit, this is the place to do it

• Executive Double Room

Breakfast was tasty and well-presented but continental. Not much going on there. Coffee and pastries where fresh

Location, Location, Location. Hotel is located walking distance to many museums and fantastic restaurants for all budgets. Check in was swift and check out was painless. It gave me the feeling of a Tucson style mansion. Overall, excellent and quiet hotel.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Location was excellent. Staff could not do enough for us. Lobby area was good for relaxing after sightseeing and prices reasonable. Room always made up early in the day.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

the drain system have a problem, you can smell it in the hotel and surrounding aria. although the hotel put perfume sticks in the lobby and corridors it is still overwhelming at times

staff, breakfast, room.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Sleeping in real linen bedding was an absolute luxury. The special treats left on the pillow each evening were really thoughtful. The attention to detail was amazing and the staff were friendly and helpful at all times. It was my sister's birthday and we found a bottle of bubbly for us in the room when we came home, and a sweet card saying 'Happy Birthday'. It was blissful staying at the Hotel Bernini Palace - I plan to return!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

First room was nice and quiet, but had a rather smelly fan outside. Change to another room was swift and w/o any problems, though.

Unparalleled location.

Not much to criticise really. I could have done without Booking.com flashing messages up while I’m booking the rooms on their site saying “only 3 rooms left!!!” Etc.hotel was not busy at all, when we got there. Liars.

The location, the ambience of the hotel, the staff were nice, the room was lovely and well maintained by the cleaning staff, and the hotel was pleasant and clean. The breakfast room was spectacular! We almost got sore necks looking at the ceiling!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

There was nothing that I felt could be improved on.

Very friendly staff, excellent facilities, well decorated, good size rooms and excellent value for money breakfast.

• Classic Single Room

I liked the evening pull down of sheets and the chocolates left. I so appreciated being on the fifth floor and in a very quiet area, as I needed rest. I loved the yellow decor.

• Deluxe Double Room

It's location is really central, but that meant that on Saturday night between about midnight and 3am, there was a lot of noise from drunken revellers wandering the streets and singing very loudly under our window.

The included buffet breakfast had a broad selection of items, though only the eggs and bacon were hot (apart from the toast !).

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff and concierge service was excellent. Well trained, friendly , always obliging and there to meet every need I had. Very professional. I had a superb experience at the hotel and will definitely stay again.

• Executive Double Room

Possibly the parking. We had to wait for almost 1 hour to retrieve our car, but it was New Year's and very busy so it was understandable.

Excellent choice. Restaurant superb, staff very polite and customer oriented. Resolved any problems right away. We always felt welcome at this property.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

may be can provide more water in the room. Room is very small but this is old town in Florence so we can understand it.

breakfast is good and the location is great.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The furniture very old, weighing scale broken and rusty yet it was kept in the toilet don’t know for what reason!

Breakfast was great. Staff very friendly and helpful.

• Deluxe Double Room

Coffee facility in the room was poor (instant and pretty yuk); shower had a low pressure and hot only was just warm enough. We were allocated a room right near the breakfast room (sound proofing internally was fine) on a busy street corner that was quite noisy on the Saturday night.

Super friendly and accommodating staff, without exception and including toward our pets. Lounge-bar was well appointed and relaxing making a great pre dinner spot. Room was small but charming, bed comfortable and amenities good. Breakfast was fabulous. Dinner in the restaurant was very good. Location was great!

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was okay, but I've had better at 5* resorts.

16th century palace, the hotel lives up to the building it is situated in. Wonderfully luxurious. Restaurant downstairs was amazing, food was great and staff were excellent.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Staff was excellent(efficient, kind and accommodating). Room Was clean, bathroom large for a European hotel. We chose this hotel because of location - it was perfect. Breakfast was included - there were plenty of options to choose from and it made our day convenient. Will stay here again.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

There was not anything about this hotel or its staff that I did not like.

I would stay at this property again. The staff from the front desk to the wait staff and room cleaners were all extremely friendly, polite, and knowledgeable. The location is excellent as well.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

A walk in shower would have been nice but I understand it isn't always possible in these old palaces.

Beautiful building in a great location. Our room was good, the breakfast room and bar were very nice. Staff pleasant and helpful.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

iPad was lost from room and when we checked out no one said a word on how they could help us! The mgr never tried to contact us . For a five star Iwould rate them zero for response.

• Classic Single Room

We loved everything! Wonderful hotel, wonderful location, wonderful staff. They helped us with last minute booking for the uffizi gallery and for the academia.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Staff were very friendly and helpful. They arranged our tickets for the Uffizi. It was my husbands birthday while we were there and we returned to find a bottle of Prosecco in our room. Very nice touch.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The double bed was more like 2 singles pushed together and it cost 40 euros a day to park the car, which I hadn't realised. Communication with the hotel prior to my trip was poor - I had booked it as a honeymoon hotel but 3 months before the wedding it was called off and I did tell them this in two separate emails, however they still had me down as a "Mrs" and even sent a bottle of bubbles as a congratulations - which was a bit awkward but still enjoyed!

The room was lovely and the staff very friendly and accommodating. Location is excellent - right in the heart of Florence.

• Executive Double Room

Thought we had booked an executive room with a view and a executive lounge however to our disappointment the executive lounge did not exist. And the executive room was in the basement with no views and literally no windows. Although room was massive felt very claustrophobia. But thanks to the service manager she changed our room on our last night . Apparently booking . Com had old information on the hotel therefore we were misled when booking the hotel .

The hotel was in one of the best location

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Size of rooms were,terrible. Impossible to open bath door without smashing toilet. Distance from bed to wall was maybe 18".

Excellent service, although they need a working doorman. Great location.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Everything about this hotel was excellent. Location was fantastic. Good restaurants nearby.Staff very polite. They found out about my birthday and brought a glass of champagne and a cupcake.Great staff. There's valet parking(only).

• Classic Single Room

The room couldn't get cold enough but the staff tried all they could. They did offered to move me to another room but I chose not to due to it be my last night. The room was small which wasn't bad nice and cozy. But the bathroom was really really narrow. Had yo side step to get through it.

The rate included the breakfast each morning. When we booked the two rooms, I had the 4 names (2 people per room) on the reservation. When we checked in, all 4 people were at the counter. Nothing was said to us at that time. When we went to check out, they had added a $75 per room, per night charge to our bill. When I asked about the additional charge, the woman at the front counter said we had booked the room as two singles. When we argued "no we didn't, and all four names were listed on the reservation". In addition, why didn't they say something when we checked in. It was obvious we had 4 people with 7 pieces of luggage! Then the woman became very rude and said "that's not our problem". I asked to speak with a manager and she said he wasn't there, and there was nothing he would do anyway. Another man at the counter jumped in to say we were wrong and we were at fault. I refused to sign the bill and was adamant they were wrong. After 20 minutes of her saying the same thing over and over, and treating like idiots, I agreed to pay for the additional breakfast of 2 more people, but not the $150 more per night. We loved the hotel, but the front staff was rude and actually mean. We would not recommend this hotel to others!!!

Great location, clean and beautiful hotel.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Executive Double Room

Lighting in the room didn't have enough controls. Lovely pendant lights each side of the bed couldn't be used with the centre ceiling light which itself was way to bright. So had toy use the pin prick LED reading lights which was a pity.

The restaurant in the hotel was really first class. All of the nearby were good but the hotels own was exceptional. Each course was near or absolutely perfect.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

• Classic Single Room

the doorbell to my room was a buzzer and was SUPER loud...when it was buzzed....scared me to death....should be removed to a door knocker...

elegant beautiful reception area, room unique, location of hotel right in the middle of everything.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Prices continue to escalate beyond expectations. Amenities are not current for today's travelers with no health facility available and the restaurant has good food but no ambience. Business center consists of "a" computer. Also there is no English, Spanish or French Football available on TV. Sports channels across countries need added.

Great location, very knowledgeable staff, concierges on top of their game, breakfast staff the best. Room redo brightened the room nice compliment to the appearance.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• Executive Double Room

Breakfast was varied and plentiful the staff were impeccably polite and helpful, room quiet very comfortable but no view which was the only disappointment

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The kindness of the staff and the location was remarkable! The room was comfortable and big with a nice view looking over the square in front of the hotel. I would recommend this hotel to all my friends.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Bathroom need renovation.

The staff on check-in was very kind and upgraded my deluxe room to the suite. Thank you for that. Location is perfect. Breakfast is very good. Valet parking directly inside hotel. Reception and the room is very nice looking.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The robe in the bathroom probably was a new one, because when I put it on the wet body I covered with the puff so I took a shower one more time to wash it away. Also I asked for an iron (it was brought into my room upon my request) but it looked so old and had a lot of insulation tape around the wire - so it looks a bit dangerous to use.

This hotel is indid located in THE historical heart of Florence city. It stands almost wall to wall to Uffizi gallery. Walking distinctions up to 7-10 minutes to the most famost sightseeings. The personnel is very friendly, we were surprised that on the second day the staff in the restourant for breakfast asked if we want the same drinks that we had the day before (they really memorize every guest, and it makes you feel very special). Also the ritual - "before you go to sleep" - sweets on the pillow and sleepers on the rug next to you bed. Very cozy!

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Sewage smell close to entrance is unpleasant when making a left turn out of main the doors. No mobile phone reception caused some difficulties in technicalities of IT use during stay. Unable to log in to Google fully as two stage verification process relies on mobile phone reception for second stage.

Service was exemplary. Very friendly staff and efficient and helpful service. Nothing was too much trouble.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The breakfast pastries were not as good as expected. The hot water kept getting cold every few minutes.

The speediness of the room-service, the comfort of the bed, and the excellent staff friendliness.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Breakfast could offer more variety, no wellness "off season" possible.

Perfect service, always attentive. Top positioned in the heart of Florence.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

the bathroom is disaster, the worst bathroom ever, it's very very small, very very old, i had to get off the bathtub to so i can easily rub the soup on my bod, no bad smell vacuum, the rubber nozzle on the shower fall apart, the water temperature is not fixed, it's plays with you sometimes cold and sometimes hot!! the room was ok, but it's not sound prof specially window toward the street, cars, people talking and laughing, motorcycle, and even when other guests are walking or talking in the corridors or even inside their rooms!!

location, friendly and helpful staff

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

The bath was to small:)))

That hotel makes you feel so well, it's luxurious from the door entrance to the top. Service it's top class, staff it's amazing they do everything for you to feel welcome. Highly recommended.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

• Classic Single Room

The login procedure to the WIFI is horrific and not this age. I think the shower head should be without calcium, and it wasn't but could live with it.

This is a very nice hotel in the very centre of Florence. Its as close as you can get, even with the car as the hotel takes care of it.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

I had been freezing because of the poor heating in the room !I was obliged to visit the pharmacist and take medicine. my trip in Florence was bad because of the hotel!! it's shame for 5* hotel especially I have paid almost 500 ‎€ per night! All other hotels I took in Rome, Venice and Milan during my visit to Italy were absolutely fantastic : I rated them 10/10. thanks to Italian hospitality

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

everything was just wonderful, understated elegance, friendly and efficient staff and a great location. the hotel staff was outstanding, solved many problems for our large group and always with a smile

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

• Family Room

The cleaness in the room can be more improved. I still found a lot dirt on the room floor. I wonder if the floor was vacuumed every day.

The food is good. The service from hotel staff is great.

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

The staff was very professional, friendly and helpful in all aspects. Everything from the reception, breakfast and cleaning was done in the same way and you felt very good taken care of.

• Reviewed: 19 November 2016

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The AC was switched off from the main and it was hot we couldn't sleep and we asked the stuff to open the AC and he answered to open the window .. we open the window and it was noisy

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

This is my second stay in Bernini the best place to stay in Florence and the Best Location I will always stay there. Thank you to all the Bernini Staff

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Wi-fi not always working/available during our stay and needing to go through the reconnection process each time, lack of UK or English speaking TV channels, no swimming pool or gym

Excellent friendly staff at reception and throughout the hotel, great location, rooms comfortable and quiet, communal areas very attractively furnished

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The room is spacious, beautiful and very comfortable. Location is fabulous - so easy to find everything from there. The staff was wonderful, accommodating and very helpful - getting us a guide, giving directions, recommendations, and very pleasant. The breakfast was delicious, plenty to choose from in a beautiful setting. We never had a chance to dine at the restaurant but when we come back we will take advantage of that.

• Executive Double Room

Excellent service and attention to detail

• Executive Junior Suite

Breakfasts poor.This is not a 5 star hotel.

Perfect

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The Room price is a lettel bit high,, and breakfast limited

Friendly and Cooperative staff easy check in,, great location

• Classic Double or Twin Room

i caught two mosquitos in my room. No idea how they could have entered.

Staff very friendly location excellent rooms and bathrooms very good

Breakfast menu and service poor

Location , helpful staff , eccellent property

Small rooms , smelling of old

Literally nothing

Extremely helpful staff, business facilities with a printer and internet that work well, spacious rooms, very plush

• Superior Double or Twin Room

good location and friendly stuff. Helpful in getting to hotel by car.

• Deluxe Double Room

The room was too cold and the AC was not working properly.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Friendly staff and cozy room

The lobby.

• Executive Double Room

Bed wasn’t the most comfortable

The service is amazing...concierge is a true differentiator!

Interior decoration very appealing

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Excellent location. Great breakfast. Very nice people around trying to make our stay comfortable and very pleasant. No doubt to going back again.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

There wes loud maintenance work during the day

The location is great Staff are fantastic Breakfast is good. Breakfast hall is amazing

all was well

Everything was terrific...very comfortable...good staff...great location

Room was dark

Excellent concierge

Florence - simply Florence

• Deluxe Double Room

Excellent hotel in the middle of the city. Lots to see.

• Family Room

Staff were friendly and informative. Beautiful bedroom .

• Classic Single Room

Old building, even with elevator you have to use escalators .. Rooms very small.

Hotel very cozy- Location amazing

Very helpful consierge

Area

Was the best.most efi

Top hotel in the middle of the action, close to all museums and amenities.diff

Browse Hotel Bernini Palace traveller photo gallery