Reviews of Hotel Costantini 2 stars

6.2

5.9

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Brilliant location

Very noisy with the window open. The AC didn't really work at all. A little overpriced for what it was.

The location is brilliant being right in town and the room was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

3.0
    • Quadruple Room

The apt is on 2 nd floor and the stairs are narrow, can’t hardly bring our luggage. Don’t feel safe going up and down especially with luggages. No AC, it’s hot. If we open the window, it’s loud an

Will not recommend
    • Quadruple Room

In one of the hottest days with kids and luggage when we arrived at second fl of hotel check-in counter after searching a lot, the receptionist told us that our booking is at other hotel. We again went down to other hotel and there after check-in we discovered that it has no AC. When we asked about it, she says for AC we have to go back to previous hotel. Again we moved back to previous hotel with luggage and kids. This is the worst experience I ever had. If they already has availability, she did they made us move two times I don’t know. But with kids and luggage on very hot day after traveling so much we expected some relaxation.

Just location

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

I like nothing here

This was the worst stay I have ever had in my life. The Room was so shabby and no facilities at all. And the staff was like they are there just to take your credit card collect hefty amounts. Then they ask you to pay cash money in the name of city taxes.

I like nothing here

5m from The Dome.

Breakfast was very poor. The shower was "open" in bathroom, so you have to be careful that water doesn't go out into room.

5m from The Dome. Air condition worked great. Helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Very good location....

Very god location, just a few steps to the Dome. Right in the middle of the shopping streets! Very good value for money. The place is basic but clean!

You can't beat the rate for the location, and a very good budget hotel.

Wi-fi problems, but we were able to connect to wi-fi of a second hotel that shares the building. Breakfast was nothing to write home about, but it got the job done.

Great location, the Duomo at your front door. Clean and comfortable. Eclectic, personable staff, who accommodated all of our needs and requests. Clean, properly functioning bathroom. Great rate for such a great location.

I will never stay there again.

NO aircon for 2 nights. Coffee was like water & was not drinkable. Breakfast was terrible that I had to go outside the hotel which added expense for me. I stayed for 5 nights & my sheets/pillowcases were never changed.

It was very close to the Duomo and was well situated in the historical center of the city.

Location is the only plus for this hotel.

Breakfast. Very basic. Hard crusty rolls are not everybody's cup of tea! Reception staff should get some training on how to deal with guests/people in general.

The location was very good, a few metres to Piazza Giovanni/Duomo. Wi-fi was good.

Great location!

Pillows are too flat. Couldn't find another pair of pillows in the room.

Great location!!! Simple room, we couldn't get Wi-Fi signal in the room. As soon as you walk outside of the room, you get a free Wi-Fi signal. Breakfast was ok. The hotel is located on the 3rd floor of the building. We spent about 2 hours to find this place because by car this place is not acceptable. You have to park your car 1 block away and then walk. Once you figure out where the place is located and how to get there, it wasn't a problem. According to the staff member, a lot of people have issues finding this place. Park costs 25 euro per night. Garage guy takes your car and then brings it back when you need to leave.

The receptionists are not friendly, not accommodating and rude during the conversation. The moment I get into my room and found out the air condition is not working, according to them, they try to get the technician to fix it and never did for 2 nights. The value for money is not worth it. Too expensive for a very cheap place to stay.

Closer

Enjoyed our stay.

Television didn't work. Programs were in Italian,so we didn't miss it.. Smallest soap and shampoo samples ever. Bring your own.

Location, location, location. It was 2 buildings down from the intersection of the street with Piazza del Duomo. Walking distance to the entire historic district.

Over priced but comfortable

Breakfast was a basic help-yourself buffet. Choices were limited to breads and pastries (not the freshest, but I was there on Sunday and Monday), with butter and/or margerine, jams, honey, chocolate spreads... and cereals. I do not recall seeing any savory choices. Coffee and/or tea came from a machine much like the ones found in offices... and it was somewhat unreliable. Some of my fellow guests were unable to get a hot drink...

Not sure how this 'pensione' got qualified as a 2-star hotel. It consists of 'rooms' on the upper floors of a building (in which another hotel is also located) and, although very clean, was quite 'plain'. My room had a comfortable double bed and two single beds - perfect for a family - but the en-suite (again, spotless) was very small, with a shower cubicle but no bath. The A/C was not only functional but quiet. The room over-looked the busy shopping street below but was quiet. The location is very central, steps away from the centre of town.

Very old hotel with no facilities

I waited one hour with my 2 years old son and 9 years old daughter in reception to take my room key because staff was in loud discussion with another customer. They gave my room at 3 pm. Room is so old, bed is uncomfortable, pillows are like paper thin, shower cabinet door is not closing at all. Breakfast is so weak. We always go out to have breakfast. I really do not understand how the rate of this hotel is so high. If you look just for location then you can stay but do not expect something more.

I only like the location.

Clean, friendly staff, center of town, within walking...

Breakfast was rolls and coffee was from a machine. Update your coffee machine there are better ones out there.

Clean, friendly staff, center of town, within walking distance to train station.

The room was quite big and with its high ceiling it made us...

The breakfast (included in the room rate) was extremly poor, virtually no choices. They should just skip the breakfast and lower the price of the room... There was a funny smell coming from the bathroom and the room's ceiling had water infiltration marks.

The room was quite big and with its high ceiling it made us feel the history of the building

Very quaint hotel with a lot of charm.

The pillows like 98% of hotels around the world.

Very quaint hotel with a lot of charm.. very large room and bathroom. Again, old style but clean and comfortable. Excellent continental breakfast and friendly but polite staff at reception.

Lovely staff, great location but stay at your own Risk...

On the first day that I got to this place, I was told that it was too early to check in. As it was still 20 minutes to the time I had to check in, I understood and left my luggage at their store to go back later and do the check in normally. When I went back, I was informed that the hotel was overbooked and the room that I was supposed to stay in was occupied (even though the night before I received a confirmation of my booking/stay). I was placed into another hotel for the night and was promised that my room would be available in the morning. When I went back in the morning the room was still not ready and was told to leave my luggage again in storage and go back at 15:00, which I did. A week had passed and I was even considering not leaving a negative review, as I was enjoying my stay. However as I was doing the checkout I was told that my bill was €160 more than what I was supposed to pay.. had I not showed my booking.com receipt I would have had to pay extra. It's a nice place to stay, however it's a complete mess when it comes to managing bookings. Definitely will consider other places next time I'm there.

The major selling point of this hotel is the location. As soon as you exit the main entrance you find yourself just 20m away from the Piazza del Duomo, which is bang in the heart of Florence. The staff was very friendly and the room was clean. However the pros of staying at this hotel end there..

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Lovely Florence, lovely location.

Breakfast room a bit small. Noisy large group rather took it over. They were awful when they arrived at night - yelling and running back and forth to each other's rooms. Manager quieted them well, and promptly, so I don't fault the hotel for that. Some people are inconsiderate, and you can't possibly tell till they arrive.

Lovely location. Step out of the front door, look left, and there's the campanile. Also , an elevator - stairs are often a problem in Florence's older buildings.

Very nice hotel in centre of Florence

Noise from main road passing by the hotel, but can't forget that hotel is located in a main tourist attraction area. Just keep ear plugs beside the bed.

In the middle of old city. Very close to all main attractions and train station. Very friendly and helpfull employees. Can leave the luggage. Free and fast WiFI. Rooms weren't overpriced, great for budgeted journies.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

A great hotel in the heart of Firenze

Everything was good.

Friendly staff, big warm comfortable room with nice bathroom and superb location right next to the Duomo plaza. Will definitely come again.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

Good location. Cold room.

We were in the room at the end of the corridor. There were some leaks in the window and the air condition was not good enough. The room was as cold as outside even if we turned up the air condition and waited for 4 hours. We were not dare to take a bath during the first night because of the low temperature. However, I still caught a cold. The Internet should be strengthened. We could only get access to it at the door.

The staff was so nice that she lent us her own electric heater to help us survive. The location is fantastic, just near the dome and the shopping center. Large space in the room. Water is hot enough.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Great location, but room was just OK.

The bed was a bit uncomfortable, the towels were more like a thin rough kitchen towel than a bath towel, and the furnace in our bathroom didn't work.

Location was indeed excellent and the room was spacious.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

A great location, basic but clean hotel with friendly staff.

A great location, basic but clean hotel with friendly staff. We didn't bother with the basic breakfast on offer as there were plenty of places to get a good coffee elsewhere. Good value for money though especially considering it's location .

Horrible hotel. Absolutely no value for the money. Warning do not stay here!!

No heat and I mean no heat. No hot water in the morning for showers. And I mean no hot water, period! Changed our room after first terrible nite to a room with same problems but this room stunk of mold in the bathroom. Left hotel before our last day and got a much nicer room at another hotel. No money taken off bill and the owner would not even speak to us on the phone. He had his front desk employee who had no authority to do anything deal with us. I have a word of warning to anyone wanting to stay at this hotel...YOU'VE Been warned!!! Don't do it, you'll be very sorry!!

Location was very good.

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

Good location, clean room, but nasty surprise on our arrival and first day of staying :(

When we arrived at 18:00, the room we got was the last one on the corridor, and had 2 walls facing outside. Probably it was not checked in by a tourist for some time, because it was cold as a refrigerator. When the heat finally turned on it took 24 hours to get real heat in the room, so the first night (from 3) we spent sleeping with a lot of clothes on, 2 pair os socks and a hat on the head (which is not a great way to start a city break). not to mention we did not take a shower for the first day, because of the lower temperature in the room, being afraid to catch a cold in the middle of our vacation.

The location is great. The room is clean.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Excellent location vs comfort ...

We were only given 2 thin pillows and the room heater didn't seem to be working as it was COOOLD. I slept in my thermals and sweater. The bed was wide enough for the 2 of us but we would have appreciated thicker blankets or comforters in lieu of heaters.

The location was THE BEST!!! We were literally a stones throw away from the Duomo, shopping and eating places. We walked to the Firenze SMN station on our last day. The location gets an A+ from me as it allowed us to walk everywhere interesting in Firenze.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Bells in my ears

Problems every morning with the coffee machine which I hope they take steps quickly to find a permanent remedy for .

Don't think it could be surpassed for location right next to Duomo, (fortunately bels do not sound overnight) yet not terrible noisy at night.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

Apart the position. This is the worse hotel l have ever stayed in.

My room was inside the court yard next to the boiler which was running day and night. The noise was nerve wrecking l coulden't sleep at night. Considering l stayed 7 nights they could have given me a decent room and not the worse which they did!

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Good location...this is the hotel's only redeeming quality.

Our first room was extremely noisy making it difficult to sleep. It was on a busy shopping street with a lot of noise at night and early in the morning. I asked to cancel the next two nights I had booked, but was told this was not possible. We were moved to another room away from the street which was much quieter. The bathroom was dirty and smelled bad. The breakfast was terrible!

Close to the cathedral and other important sights

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

This hotel in right in the city centre of Florence, next to...

Breakfast was average. WiFi did not work in our room at all, but it worked in the breakfast hall.

This hotel in right in the city centre of Florence, next to the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore. It was really easy to get around from here, but the church bells start ringing at 7 pm every morning...

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Fabulous location in Florence.

The shutters and window were hard to close and we had to fiddle with them to shut out the street noise, but it worked.

We had a view of the Duomo, and the room was quiet with 2 sets of shutters. Breakfast was just as I like it, coffee and otherwise very simple. The staff were helpful and pleasant. The location just could not be beat, totally wonderful.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

Happy solo traveller in Florence.

At first couldn't open the door to make my very early departure. I eventually figured it out...but had a moment of panic.

Location excellent. As a single woman, I felt safe...even after dark. The staff took the time to highlight some points of interest, dining places and arranged a taxi for the airport to ensure no confusion because of language. The windows were great. I had the choice of allowing or shutting out the noises and lights of the city.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

Great location, wonderful staff, good value!

The beds/mattress are a tad outdated and need to be replaced. The rooms could use some maintenance, like new paint, furniture. But the rooms did include a TV, hair dryer and plenty of outlets which is good.

The hotel is in a wonderful location. You can see the Duomo from the entrance of the hotel. The staff was very nice and accommodating. It was great to have wifi everywhere and have breakfast included (one less thing to worry about). It was also a very safe area. After midnight you need a code to get in which is an extra level of comfort.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

A good economy hotel in the heart of Florence, only 15 minutes from railway station.

The breakfast was just average. Could have had a bit more variety. There was no 24 hour reception at the desk. Had to ring a bell to get in.

The room was large and comfortable. The location was amazing, just next to the Duomo. The staff helped with booking our tour and a taxi to the station.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Excellent location especially for solo traveler.

Breakfast was very simple but adequate.

Excellent location especially for solo traveler. Everything so close. Had a front room facing the piazza so a little noisy at times, but the sound of the bells was amazing. You should request a room away from piazza if you are bothered by the noise. Room and bathroom both spacious. Staff always friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

AC didn't seem to be working so we said something, it then turned on and only kind of worked. Turned off again in the middle of the night.

Location is good

room looks gloomy. anyway no problem because we only use the room for sleeping.

Location is good

Wi-fi connection not working. Bed with humidity.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

It was close to everything

You cant get wifi from rooms only from breakfast area

It was close to everything

I don't know what you mean

Without Wifi and with A/C

Location Neatness,

God location,

The room and The breakfast.

Wee did not live at Costantini, but in hotel Medicin. The room was very smalle, and The breakfast was at wfull

The bedroom was comfy and clean.

The bedroom was comfy and clean. The location is perfect!

Position in centre, the staff

WiFi is not in the room, very hard to find the location

Position in centre, the staff

Unusual interior design.

Had to trade my passport for the key every time I left hotel.

Unusual interior design.

Hygiene Room services

The location is the only thing that this hotel has going for...

The location is the only thing that this hotel has going for it

Great location and friendly staff

Unpleasant sewerage smell constantly in bathroom

Location was excellent

Poor breakfast.

Poor breakfast and noisy

Poor breakfast. Below poor. Location great. But the rest poor

Fine accomodation during European Congress on Catalysis

All was fine

Perfect location near Piazza del Duomo, calm room

Fantastic location!

Close to everything! A great place to stay

Great time.

The breakfast.

Good location. Nice staff.

The location was very close to the Duomo

The location was very close to the Duomo

It was close to attractions but very noisy to sleep.
    • Quadruple Room

It was close to attractions but very noisy to sleep. Noise from travelers in the streets.

Location, location, location!

Stairs, small elevator

Location, location, location!

Great location worst tiny old lumpy bed

Possibly the worst bed ever

Great location and price

Hallways a bit noisy at night but nothing too bad. Great windows kept out street noise.

No frills but in a great location and priced well.

First time in Firenze.

Breakfast is unacceptable.

Position of the hotel is awesome.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Location, cleanliness

Breakfast, water to be paid for. Take off the breakfast from the cost, and spare us the pain.

Location, cleanliness

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

good for tourst.

breakfast too simple. towel like cloth.

good location. just beside the cathydral,.near to the main visiting placrs.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

The smell in the bathroom, towels

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Not recommended!

Staff. Room. Breakfast!

Location! That's all!

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Not recommended!

Unhelpful, unfriendly staff. Single room instead of twin as booked and paid. Tacky dining room.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Excellent location, very clean, great value.

Excellent location, very clean, great value.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Next to Duomo

A bit of noise from outside as building is going on

Hotel staff very friendly

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

After we arrived, we Realized that we have the BEST LOCATION...' couldn't ask for more. .
    • Quadruple Room

Breakfast- it's just like having just coffee or chocolate drink for breakfast. Nothing much - just sweet pastries.

Best location

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

Very nice location!

Very nice location! Clean and comfortable! The staff was so friendly and helpful!

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

a wonderful find,

No complaints.

Location was excellent and great value for the price. Also quiet and safe. Staff very obliging.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

Great location!

Great location! It has all what you need for a reasonable price!

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

Perfect location, friendly staff, very clean

Poor choice of breakfast, everything very sweet.. no option of cheese or some savory things..

Perfect location, friendly staff, very clean

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Breakfast could be better.

Location. But a bit noisy.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Fabulous location steps from the Doumo!

Breakfast was just ok, nothing great

Fabulous location steps from the Doumo!

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Excelent

Breakfast is just ok

The localization is fantastic

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Good Location

Old Premises, it would be much better if they change or renovate the interior

Just Ok