Reviews of Hotel Danieli, a Luxury Collection Hotel 5 stars

Riva degli Schiavoni 4196, Castello, 30122 Venice, Italy

#62 of 301 hotels in Venice

9.8

• Premium Deluxe Double Room

It’s location was so convenient to everything. It’s ambiance and history were stunning. The lounge was very comfortable and such a nice refuge from the crowds and heat.

• Premium Deluxe Double Room

Last day there was a sudden influx of American tourists (grouptour) found ourselves somewhat overlooked in the bar although they were served immediately !

Location wonderful, just off st marks square. Room beautiful, staff friendly , breakfast over looking the water unbelievable.

• Deluxe Double Room

The terrace is beautiful for drinks and well utilized but I think the drink prices are a bit much. (I could well afford it - yet it was on the high side.) With all that said - I would happily continue to use the facility.

I had requested an early morning check in - this is usually difficult - but you provided it and it was most convenient and appreciated - since the cruise ship I was coming from was an early disembarkation. The staff was very accommodating during this process. Kudos to them. Jay Starr

• Deluxe Double Room

The decor was a bit overdone for my taste and at 700 Euro a night, we had the smallest, darkest room in the place.

Excellent location and the staff was extraordinary--they went above and beyond to meet our every need. The location was fabulous (steps from Piazza San Marco) and the terrace restaurant provided a magnificent view of the Grand Canal.

• Deluxe Double Room with Lagoon View

One of the reservation check-in ladies seemed in a bad mood. I had the feeling that I was somehow a bother to her when I asked questions.

It was my birthday and they surprised me with champagne and pastries in my room. Everything about the hotel was excellent.

• Premium Deluxe Double Room

The receptionist said that we had a free-of-charge upgrade to a better room but actually the room was not as I expected. I think they did not upgrade us.

Location, Location, Location

• Premium Deluxe Double Room

Single drinks at terrace are too pricey; breakfast buffet should be of higher quality given the star rating (scrambled eggs looked very unappetising; too many square loaves for toasting - offer more artisan breads - noted that gluten free bread options is good quality though packaged). “Upgrade” to room 010 is mixed blessing - 1st floor overlooking lagoon & hundred of visitors on the bridge could look straight into our room! Shutters had to be shut if you wanted any privacy during daytime but do helped keep noise out - was definitely not a room to hangout in although it had 2 nice chairs by the windows.

Location was excellent - water taxi to/from airport (€120 one way), vaporetto stop @ San Zaccaria is accessibility across Venice including Murano & Buranao. 20 minutes walk to Rialto bridge and other direction to Via Garibaldi for a glimpse of residential Venice. Concierge team is excellent - good listening and suggestions based on what we liked - restaurants and walkabouts.

• Premium Deluxe Double Room

When we arrived rather a large amount of money was put on our credit card ,by reception,as we were not having dinner there this was not really necessary.

Wonderful foyer. Able to get a water taxi to and from Marco Polo. Ask the concierge to organise your water taxi €120. Fabulous terrace for drinks and breakfast.

• Deluxe Double Room

The ONLY suggestion I would make is to improve the water pressure in the shower. Our shower's water pressure was extremely light with no setting to change it. It was a little disappointing but all in all still a great hotel.

Loved the location, the staff was very friendly, the air conditioning in our room was great, free wifi, plenty of toiletries provided, robes and slippers in our room and turndown service was awesome, free luggage storage during the day once we checked out until we left Venice. We took our wedding photos, some inside the hotel, and the rest outside in the city, and the hotel definitely contributed to beautiful pictures and the staff did not mind at all when we were taking pictures on the staircases. Beautiful venue for enjoyment and for photos for sure. The view on the rooftop for breakfast was amazing. Breakfast was amazing as well, although I do wish the scrambled eggs were cooked a little more and not as runny, but still tasted good. All in all, great experience.

• Premium Deluxe Double Room

1. Photos vs reality;) Everything looks a bit older incl. the furniture, carpets etc. 2. 10% of the staff was more than impolite. 3. Knocking (oh no: ringing the bell) every 30min and opening the door immediately without waiting for response 4. Dirty plates stayed with us in the room for 48 hrs 5. Small-size elevators

Location is really great. 90% of the staff was really kind.

• Executive Suite

Nothing special

Location of this hotel is the one of the best in Venice . View from Terrace restaurant at breakfast time is clearly high value and worth to stay in this hotel

• Premium Deluxe Double Room

Value for money not so good but in part a function of the exchange rate. All central areas in Venice were equally as expensive

Loved the older part of the hotel - it felt like old Venice

• Luxury Double Room

The hotel was in the center so easy access to everything. The staff was responsive and helpful. The roof top bar is a great place to have drinks and food!

• Deluxe Double Room

It now has the feeling of a Marriott rather than a family run hotel. We were not so impressed with the decoration of what they call the new part of the hotel. We hoped it would have a bit more character.

The hotel is splendid and the staff attentive

• Luxury Room with Lagoon view

I felt the main lounge area needed smarting up a touch. It wasn’t very welcoming in the evening to sit and relax in.

Loved the huge comfy bed, plus the view from our room was fantastic

• Deluxe Double Room

Staying at a venecian palace is a magnificent experience. The arquitecture, the works of art, the comfort offered has few limits. And the staff are constantly identifying your needs before you do.

• Deluxe Double Room

Room was not ready at 3pm. Restaurant did not serve wine when the bar was closed due to high water. Manager apologized and offered two glasses of free wine. It seems that the Danieli has seen better days. The room was somber and pretty noisy. My wife and I had expected more for EUR 570 per night.

The Danieli has the charme of an old palace and the location is unsurpassed. The view from the breakfast room (terrace on the top) is spectacular

• Luxury Double Room

Prices in bar Dandolo were exorbitant so beware! No Tea and coffee making facilities in your room.

The hotel ambience was one of luxury. If you are on a budget this is not the hotel for you however I was with my daughter for five days, a long awaited Christmas present to us both and it was absolutely fabulous. The staff were polite and courteous, excellent concierge service, in fact difficult to single out any staff member because they were all so polished. The interior design, chandeliers and decorative displays were amazing. Bedrooms were extraordinary with beautiful toiletries and a miniature balcony. No tea or coffee making facilities unfortunately, apparently a possible fire risk? Breakfast was a super feast, there was everything! Staff in bar Dandalo were lovely, they couldn't do enough to make you welcome - endless supplies of snacks with drinks. Booked a Cicchetti and wine tour on the second day with urban tours. This was an excellent way of finding out information about all districts - the wine wasn't too bad either!!!

• Deluxe Double Room

Concierge staff it was an imposition for them to even acknowledge you let alone help you

Hotel entrance /foyer incredible but the rest of the hotel needs a coat of paint

• Premium Deluxe Double Room

The hotel is expensive, the service was bad, the rooms were not clean and very small, the headboards of the beds and the fabric on the sofas were all stained. Unfortunately not a pleasant stay and I am very glad we booked for 1 night only

That is was 20 mins away from the airport

• Premium Deluxe Double Room

Hotel doesn’t have a spa or any other similar facility. It was so cold so we would like to have a massage or go to the sauna or steam. They don’t have that facility

• Premium Deluxe Double Room

Size of room. This kind of hotel with this prices... smallest room shouldn't be under 35sqm for price you pay. Also some furniture is a little bit demage. Breakfast should have better choice.

Interior of hotel as arhitecture also. Comfortable bed and silent room.

• Deluxe Double Room

would be nice if they could renovat a bit all around ( minimum to change the carpets) The service and the stuff could be more professional and polite to the guests....in principle you are not surprised about while you are in Venice

ancient building, location and the bathroom in murmur..... Quite interesting experience...for one time and only))))

• Deluxe Double Room with Lagoon View

1) Reservation didn't allow us to postpone our reservation to next year's Carnival 2019; once arrived, there was no reservation as reception thought we had already changed our reservation to next year??? What's going on???? 2) Upon check out, were presented a room service bill, which we never ordered! Are they trying this trick to every customer??.......

Nothing special for a Luxury Collection property.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Lagoon View

Ask preferably for a room in the main old palace which has much more charm than the new building, but rooms are more expensive there.

The charm and luxury of the hotel are unbeatable! Location is the best you can have: facing the laguna and few meters from San Marci! One of the most beautiful hotels I have ever been to! Best hotel to go during the Carnival !

• Premium Deluxe Double Room

The size if the room is below my expectation as well as the bathroom. The stairs that you must take for the elevator to the room.

Perfect location, I think it git the best location ever. Near mark’s square, been there during Venice Carnival, the decoration was spectacular

• Deluxe Double Room with Lagoon View

Cant really think of anything we didnt like

Breakfast was fantastic for choice and taste, all the staff were so helpful.Cant fault any aspect of this luxury hotel.Using booking.com made the process very easy.especially for an older traveller

• Deluxe Double Room

Perhaps the price was a little high but worth it given the location and the facilities. Also breakfast assortment could be improved.

Location is perfect. Hotel design and decor is amazing

• Premium Deluxe Double Room

Nothing. I knew exactly where I was going and was totally happy with the value for money paid.

I was there during the Christmas days, very busy period, but all staff was very friendly and helpful. I wanted to make a surprise proposal for my girlfriend and they happilly helped me. Upgraded my room to the best in class; helped with flowers when everything was closed; organized all the small things very promptly, so we couldn’t even notice.

• Deluxe Double Room

Attentive staff Complementary prosecco and cake in my room because it was my birthday Beautiful room All food and drink Location and views from the restaurant

• Deluxe Double Room

I was very disappointed with the Christmas Eve Dinner. The presentation was excellent, but the meal was let down by a very undercooked Risotto, and a very over cooked Se Bass. All in all very disappointing.

I have stayed at The Danielli many times and like the location

• Luxury Room with Lagoon view

Wifi is poor Usually in this kind of hotel you have tea and coffee in the bedroom, not in this one

The location is just magic. The building is incredible, you feel the italy spirit in this castle

• Premium Deluxe Double Room

Room was small, staff were friendly but not efficient at all! 3 concierge none hold door! Check in was hassle and long. Check out was the same, no one was at the front desk when we came down and we were in a hurry to catch our flight so concierge had to checkout us out and boot up the computer which took ages! We had not been made aware previously of “city charges” which we had to pay €30 on check out! Room was average! Main lobby toilets were dingy and unclean! Paid for a premier room and got a view looking at a wall! TV didn’t work in room, and bedside lamp bulb was broken and they never fixed it! Interrupted by house keeping 3 times even though we mentioned the time we were leaving our room each time! Noise levels are bad as there were people shouting during the night in the side street beside hotel! Overall it was definitely not a 5 Star Hotel! It might qualify for a good 3 Star or maybe an average 4 Star!

Breakfast was the only thing about this hotel that was good value! Good selection and nice restaurant view.

• Premium Deluxe Double Room

my back requires a very firm mattress…

dream location, very diligent staff, and beautiful architecture = a travel in time back to a more refined civilisation.

• Dandolo Suite

Housekeeping left empty wine bottle and glasses in room. Bed too short. Clock next to bed not changed and therefore missed breakfast. Asked in advance for flowers in room for our anniversary but not delivered. Asked what paper I wanted. I said "The Times" and the next day was brought a two day old "Guardian". Very expensive bar, coffee and snacks. Told taxi would be 2 minutes but waited 10 or more.

Nice people. Good location. Wonderful history.

Really friendly staff. The rooms were wonderful, great view of the lagoon. Very comfy beds, fantastic building. The atrium is so beautiful. Breakfast on the terrace is a holiday in itself. Why venture out, your holiday is there

• Premium Deluxe Double Room

There are no coffee or tea making facilities and the cost for room service when you just needed a cup of tea was in my opinion excessive. For English speaking people the television was useless apart from news channels, we were offered a deal for 32 euros a day but even then the choice was poor.. also after paying for a luxury hotel I was upset that any luxury we normally expected from a quality hotel was excessively over-priced and out of principle I refused to pay it.

The position of the hotel was excellent. The staff were efficient and mainly friendly the bed was very comfortable .

• Premium Deluxe Double Room

there was nothing not to like.

Unbelievably helpful and friendly staff...... Without exception. The best hotel on earth, in the most extraordinary city in the world.

• Premium Deluxe Double Room

Air conditioning. They didn't have ANY. How can you pretend to be a 5 star hotel and not have air conditioning? It's a complete non-starter. We had to leave the windows open all the time. The room was still too hot. The mosquitos came in and bit us all the time. How well do you think we slept?

It's a lovely hotel with a great location. The staff was friendly and good. The food was fine.

• Premium Deluxe Double Room

price for the roomLarge price, small room furthest from reception and bar etcWe had a brilliant stay despite a few little niggles

Bed was extra large and extremely comfortable, location was spot on, attentiveness of staff

• Dandolo Suite

When we arrived, our room could not be ready until 17:30, it is too late for checkin. They said that they gave late checkout for the other guest but when we wanted, they only arranged another room for us. Also, there could be a bar with a garden or a terrace to have some drink and smoke cigar.

Our suit was good decorated. Staff were friendly. Location of the hotel was very central and near to everywhere.

• Dandolo Suite

Thought a couple of the male staff at the concierge desk could have been a little more cheerful

The wonderful panoramic view from the rooftop terrace where we had breakfast

• Deluxe Double Room

Bedrooms are slightly dated. The bathroom was not as squeaky clean as I would have liked. The quality of the toiletries could be improved.

We stayed in a standard double. The rooms were a reasonable size, toilet was separate to the shower/bath, the Palazzo is beautiful, with many original features, overall a lovely stay. Great views from restaurant, and buffet breakfast good.

• Premium Deluxe Double Room

Paying 52 Euros for a buffet breakfast (with the availability of an omelette made on the spot but you have to queue) that is included in any decent hotel in the Asia Pacific region and much of Europe, charging a third of the price to stay. Eccentric fusion menus & expensive for what you get.

The history and grandeur of the Hotel

• Premium Deluxe Double Room

Was extremely expensive to stay there for what you got. And all drinks and food were over priced. Also the rooftop terrace restraunt menu for lunch and dinner is too fussy and I struggled to find something I really wanted to eat. I am not fussy either and will try everything. A lot of charges were put in everything I would rather rip individuals. We got ripped off quite a lot with prices of taxi boats so be aware of that.

The interior was beautiful and location was in the middle of everything, staff were very helpful. Was clean comfortable and lovely rooms.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Lagoon View

It was very hard to get service both from the front desk and the voncierge. The front dedk staff was very friendly once you were sbke to get shold of them however, the concierges were not very helpfull ir pleasant to deal with.

The location was fantastic and it had a wonderful restaurant.

• Premium Deluxe Double Room

A bit pricey in the bar and restaurant made us reluctant to eat and drink at the hotel.

Really beautiful hotel fantastic attentive staff and very comfy bed

• Deluxe Double Room with Lagoon View

Fusty smell in the bedroom - probably due to all the fabrics. Charming but a bit 'tired'.

A sumptuous building in an exceptional location. Full of old-world charm.

• Premium Deluxe Double Room

I didn't like that I had to leave such a relaxing and enjoyable place to stay.. It was hot weather in August but hotel kept us cool! I would certainly go back..

We loved staying at the Danieli Great comfort and service. They had great helpful staff and most enjoyed the music piano entertainment Every night at the bar!! Gorgeous hotel! Friendly and pleasant, accommodating staff..

• Deluxe Double Room with Lagoon View

It is a shame that the tables at breakfast were so close together and so many europeans smoke whilst eating! Very off putting early in the day. The bathroom was disappointing, very small and old fashioned with a poor quality shower.

Breakfast was lovely! The style of the hotel was luxurious on the whole and the service was good and the staff friendly. The deluxe double, water view room was a nice size and all perfectly adequate.

• Deluxe Double Room

It was very over priced for what you got. The room was very 'dated' and it was long walk from the lobby.

I liked the location and the roof top restaurant

• Premium Deluxe Double Room

It was really not worth it. Service attention was really poor, rooms were dark and the bed was of terrible quality. No attention to details and they offer a ridiculous transport to Murano as long as you agree to visit a factory, would not expect it in such an expensive hotel. Never come back.

Nothing! Loved everything

It's a luxury hotel! In an iconic city maintaining all it's heavy Venetian heritage with a modern twist Incredible details - unbelievable surrounds and what a location! We only stayed one fantastic night for our anniversary but it was magical

The food at the restaurant was not up to the standard of a 5 star Hotel

This is a stunning Hotel, with excellent service and perfectly situated for central everything.

• Deluxe Double Room

The curtains did not work in the bedroom, there was no hand soap, toiletries not replace after first night, toilet very hard to flush, noisy, shower needed to run for 10 minutes to be a bearable temperature, breakfast not include, no complimentary bottled water...all for EUR600 per night.

• Dandolo Suite

I had the most romantic and amazing evening of my life here. The view over the canals is perfect. I felt like the heroine in my own novel or movie. I wish I could have stayed longer. The rooms are luxurious and large. The staff is very accommodating. I would recommend getting a boat taxi from the airport or train station directly to the hotel. It is a little more expensive, but well worth it. The dinner at the hotel restaurant was amazing as well.

• Deluxe Double Room with Lagoon View

Rooms very small and en suite sooooo old - need to redecorate and refurbish to be competitive and value for money. Some of the concierge staff could have been friendlier.

Bistro food was exceptionable. 10/10 Drinks terrace was a lovely feature overlooking the lagoon.

Cant think of anything.

The staff were professional,welcoming,friendly.I cannot thank the concierge enough with his help in securing an art book I fell in love with.Its situation cannot be beaten.The Doges palace and St Marks square are just next door.The room I stayed in was divine-luxurious furnishing and the most amazing views.I will definitely return.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• Premium Deluxe Double Room

No coffee or tea facilities in the room fell over in the bathtub hitting my head as it was slippery and then had to ask for a rubber mat for the bath. Thought 57 euros for breakfast was exorbitant especially as the room rate was hugely expensive. Would not stay there again.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Premium Deluxe Double Room

The discussion that we no longer had the credit card we had booked with. This seemed unacceptable but there was nothing we could do as if had been stolen They were not very gracious about this

Wonderful breakfast on rooftop

• Luxury Double Room

I understand the rates being expensive since the location is so convenient. I would normally never pay that much a night for a room but the trip was for my mother who walks with a cane so the location of the hotel was necessary. However, that being said, we decided to get lunch on the terrace the day of our arrival and ended up paying 111 Euros for 2 sandwiches and 2 alcoholic beverages. The prices are astronomical! As I recommend in the positives section, I would get the breakfast included so you still get time on the terrace but just go elsewhere to eat and drink for lunch and dinner.

The room was beautiful and spacious and the bed was comfy. I slept very well during my stay! The location of the hotel is fantastic. You only have to go over one bridge to arrive at St. Mark's Square. That bridge conveniently has the best view of the Bridge of Sighs which is a positive for pictures but a negative due to tourist traffic. Also, the terrace had beautiful views! I would recommend getting breakfast included and, if necessary, wait the few minutes to get seating on the terrace rather than inside. Worth the wait! Everyone was very friendly and they have a boat dock right at the hotel, which makes getting a water taxi very convenient. For those who want to take the water bus, there are stops right outside the hotel.

• Premium Deluxe Double Room

Extremely slow Reception and Concierge Desk. Not real attention to details as a luxury hotel should have Noisy lobby and noisy doors in the corridors. one would expect a more peaceful place...

Excellent location. Staff in the restaurants extremely polite and helpful. Special mention to Gabrielle Giachetti, Restaurant Manager I believe. Charming and so helpful and considerate...

• Deluxe Double Room

Very limited facilities, super conservative in style (granny would love it), expensive

Reputation as a famous historical landmark, superb views over Lagoon and city from top floor terrace, quietly elegant, very attentive service, beautiful atrium

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

• Luxury Double Room

We really didn't like the large numbers of pigeons and sparrows and the occasional large gull who have made the rooftop terrace restaurant their own. The staff seemed indifferent to them and they feasted freely and opportunistically whenever a diner left their meal unattended. Our concern was as we saw these filthy animals merrily hoping on the cutlery was were we getting sick from contact with these animals as we had a couple of moments that gave us pause to wonder? Venice is a city full to overflowing with tourists - a victim of its own success at once beautiful and dire. Ironically of course we were tourists, but it was always a pleasure to escape on a boat from the press and the selfies.

The hotel is a luxury hotel and is oriented to high end comfort and service and attention to the customer to a high degree and achieves this with an overall sense of heritage coupled with high-end conservative service. The staff were attentive and excellent. The knowledge of English and their indulgence in our attempts at Italian kind without being condescending.

• Dandolo Suite

WiFi,.unclear if paid for or free but free in public areas

Beautiful historic features, incredibly helpful staff, dandolo suite was gorgeous with bathroom view of St Marc's, huge walk in wardrobe and lovely little balcony with rooftop views over whole area.

• Dandolo Suite

There was nothing disappointing about our stay.

This hotel is the epitome of luxury and the staff could not do enough to help us. We loved the location and the facilities. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Lagoon View

stunning hotel just stood in the foyer wide mouthed on arrival its so majestic really felt like royalty breakfast choice and the service 5 star plus

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Premium Deluxe Double Room

The staff were 'hit and miss'. Some were delightful (e.g. Elena and Robertino), and some were at times abrupt, or rude even.

A spectacular looking hotel in the most perfect location. My wife and I renewed our vows in Venice - the hotel surprised us with a room upgrade, a bottle of Prosecco, and a bottle of Champaigne. So nice of the manager to do this for us.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

• Luxury Double Room

Overlooked a little waterway which was quiet most of the time but noisy with rubbish clearance, especially bottles, in the early morning.

We got free upgrade so not sure what our original room would have been like. Complimentary wine, fruit etc left for us which was good.

• Premium Deluxe Double Room

The noise through the open windows because the Ac does not apply to properties in April, drinks expensive

What a wonderful place to stay in Venice. Central and iconic. During our stay the main grand lobby area had some renovation works underway, I would assume the lovely reception would feel even more grand. That said as it was we would stay again. The place leaks history and feels very grand. We are glad we stayed here. We had a standard room booked and were upgraded which was lovely we had a view over the front fantastic, the only downside being in April the AC is not available so when warm sunshine heats the room the windows are left open, which meant the noise came into the room especially at 4.30 am when the boats start mooring and delivery on the main front. We did not eat here, so cannot comment, the piano bar in the main area had ambience and was a nice place to end the evening albeit with an expensive night cap. We have stayed at the Cipriani before and the Danieli (with the deal we found) was by far the best value for money, we would gladly stay in either again.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• Dandolo Suite

One of the room wasnt ready and we had to wait. And we only visited venice for one day. BUT SO FAR GOOD.

The movie The tourist was filmed there.I was impressed since the movie. I loved the dandolo suite it was big and comfortable. THE LADY IN THE RECEPTION VERY KIND AND POLITE. The view impressive breakfast good. LOCATION EXCELLENT.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

• Luxury Double Room

The Dondolo suite was not ready when we arrive and we didnt have time to wait for it because we were only for a day.

The dandolo suite amazing. LOVE THE KEY TO THE ROOM. The other room it was excellent. Very exquisite hotel and Luxury everywhere. Impressive. The bathroom very clean and spacious.

• Deluxe Double Room

That we only stopped for three nights! A week would have been better.

Service, comfort and location. Staff were always ready to please; nothing was too much trouble.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Premium Deluxe Double Room

Very nice property but overpriced. The hotel and restaurant were priced well above comparable hotels. We were celebrating a 30th Anniversary and requested a balcony facing the lagoon though unfortunately we weren't accommodated. There was a bottle of prosecco in the room which was warm. I have paid half for other hotels which were even more luxury and received nicer "touches"

• Deluxe Double Room with Lagoon View

Better quality of toiletries in the bathroom Kettle and coffee/tea making facilities in the room

Attention to detail in the room which was refreshed at regular intervals. Terrace for breakfast was beautiful

Browse Hotel Danieli, a Luxury Collection Hotel traveller photo gallery