Reviews of Hotel Del Borgo 3 stars

Via Marco Emilio Lepido 195, 40132 Bologna, Italy

#61 of 93 hotels in Bologna

Great spot to be near airport without an impersonal typical...

Great spot to be near airport without an impersonal typical airport hotel feel. It's got a boutique ambiance and stayed open at the desk past midnight for me and 3 other late guests. Not sure they would have stayed open much later if it has been just me. I emailed and Alessandro agreed to stay til 12:30. Nicole was the agent and delightful. Nice breakfast with great croissants and hard boiled egg to add protein.

Accomodating and helpful staff. Biker friendly hotels.
    • Double or Twin Room

There was nothing that we didn't like . Hotel is quite no bar etc but extremely accomodating. We were aware of this prior to booking so we're happy with hotel.

Location prefect as we were visiting the Ducati factory. Easy bus route to Bologna. Biker friendly and very helpful and welcoming staff. Shops and restaurants nearby. Great for what we wanted. Only stayed one night as we were touring.

It is a motorbike friendly hotel :) The Ducati museum is on...
    • Double or Twin Room

It is a motorbike friendly hotel :) The Ducati museum is on about 15-minute walking distance, and the airport is relatively close. They host rental motorbikes and there is a little workshop - the guy there didn't speak English but helped me with 2 bolts and tools to fix my footpeg. The breakfast was good and the coffee excellent.

Great for a short-term stay travelling between cities.
    • Double or Twin Room

I think for that money the hotel was nice.

Big bed, very nice and helpful staff. The room itself is not the newest one, but it was very clean which is the main thing for us. The value for money is great. You can reach the centre of the city in 25-30 min by bus. Overall: I wouldn't stay there for too long, but if you need one-two nights stay for affordable money, then go for it. Also the hotel is not so far from the airport and you can leave your car on the parking and the hotel and enjoy the city.

Great location, great staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

I wish I could have stayed more than 1 night for a more complete review.

Perfect location for people who need to locate themselves near the airport. It has shopping mall withing short walking distance, and various restaurants around the area. Facilities were excellent and staff super polite and helpful.

Hotel was ok for one night.

I booked this property because it was supposed to have an airport shuttle. It ended up being a taxi which I could have got at any hotel. It was pretty noisy both outside the hotel as well as inside (other guests, staff setting up breakfast?).

Staff were friendly and helpful, room and bathroom with plenty of space.

Rather old, but elegant, well furbished and very well upkept...

Rather old, but elegant, well furbished and very well upkept classical hotel. Breakfast was simple, but involved also cheese, ham and boiled eggs, which was a positive surprise, considering very favourable price of accomodation. Hotel manager has very professional demanour and seems quite interested in tidiness of the facility. Full satisfaction, can't think of any downsides considering hotel's category.

Comfortable stay for reasonable price
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was rather sweet, there were not so much to choose. The walls are very thin and you can hear all the noises from the corridor and the other rooms.

Very near to the airport. The bus stop to the city centre is just next to the hotel and the journey takes about 30 minutes. The buses ride very frequently. The hotel is quite convenient and comfortable.

Clean but small

Over priced for what we got, very basic rooms. 20 minute taxi to Bologna centre. Walls very thin and rooms very small.

staff friendly & accommodating. Breakfast basic but did the job.

Friendly, cozy hotel, convenient to the airport.
    • Double or Twin Room

Very friendly staff and willing to provide assistance. Very convenient to airport. Staff spoke excellent English. Clean. They have windows that open, with wooden shutters. Right next door to an excellent restaurant, which has a large garden that is wonderful in warm weather.

Front desk was helpful and friendly.

Dining area small and compact. Wifi was off for the duration of our stay, however hotel computer has wifi. No facilities for english speaking tourist e.g. tv channels does not have english option! Aircon in room noisy! Definitely not value for the amount we paid.

Front desk was helpful and friendly. Rooms clean and neat.

We needed a place to sleep on the way and for that the hotel...

Two level bed was not very convenient

We needed a place to sleep on the way and for that the hotel was very good. The check in was closed when we arrived but they came quite fast after we ring them

exclude this hotel from bookingcom website

the awful hotel ! After my stay at this hotel I stop trust bookingcom and their reviews!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the hotel is expensive,for such money they have to provide a good service! 1. I arrived at central station and wanted to get to hotel by bus.When I called reception they suggested to take taxi(around 15 euro), I didnt want to go by taxi,they suggest me to take a bus 87,but it was Sunday,some buses in Bolognia didn`t run on Sunday! Then I called again,they said bus 35,and that bus also did not run! I am shocked that staff could not give you right advices how to get to them. 2. the hotel is far,I had to change different buses in order to get to them,40 min from centre! but it`s ok,cause I wanted to book hotel near Airport. Hotel is closed from 12 pm till 7am If I`d have get late I could not check in and had to stay in the street at nignt! But hotels all over the world run 24h,but not this one. If something is wrong or you need to call an ambulance,nobody will help you,`cause the door is closed and no staff there. 3.the small room with single bed was heated too much.It was very hot.Literally you could not even normally breath,`cause it is so hot like in sauna.I opened windows,but hotel is on the road and because of the noise it was impossible to get asleep.I had a terrible headache and high blood pressure. 4.The worst part is that I had a vacation in Italy and bought different cheese,prosciutto,chocolate and other type of food .The small fridge did not work. SO I HAD TO THOW AWAY ALL MY FOOD The worst experience ever with bookingcom.How could you cooperate with so terrible hotel??? Are you sure that reviews of this hotel is real?????????????????????

the worst experience ever!

Ideal location for a Ducati visit - not a flash hotel but certainly ok
    • Double or Twin Room

Bathroom was squashy, toilet seat wonky and the bathroom fan very noisy. The hallway and stair lights were off and did not come on automatically and you had to find the switch. I can understand trying to minimise power usage but it is usual to have movement sensors for the lights to come on. The hotel needs a good clean up and perhaps a wash down or painting on the exterior - my immediate impression on arrival was that it wasn't going to be satisfactory but the inside is far better than it looks from the outside.

Location was ideal for a visit to the Ducati factory and museum. Hotel staff were very good, reception and dining room very pleasant, room and bed good. There were a number of eating places nearby and the night manager recommended one excellent place about 600m walk away.

Cheap and ok for the value, not for vacation.
    • Double or Twin Room

My room was on -1 floor with windows to parking lot. It was increadibly noisy - from the parking lot, from people walking on 0 floor, from everywhere, so I asked for a room with one big bed and got a room with two separate beds standing together - not comfortable with my partner. I woke up very early - sleep was bad :( I would appreciate some hot fried eggs on breakfast. Breakfast is all cold. My room was for handicaps, so quiet uncomfortable bathroom.

Staff is very welcoming and informative and ready to help at any request. Overall the place is nice. located close to bus stop that brings you downtown at 20 min. Cheap breakfast (6 euro)

Avoid
    • Double or Twin Room

Been left at the street. I requested a late checking as our plane would arrive at 23:00, we got at the property @ 00:10 by tax with loads luggage, with a small child, there was a phone for emergency at the wall outside, we tried for hours, no answer. My partner walked for 20min and found a 4 star Hotel where they tried to contact the "emergency number", no answer. So there was a family who arrived white a key and we managed to get in the lob, I was going to sleep there with my child, them a lady arrived and we start to talk and someone came from downstairs because we where talking, he knew I was there as was camera in everywhere, at 3o'clock in the morning we managed to get to our room. The man who gave us the key though we didn't speak Italian, but we do and he was so angry and said I was stupid and I knew the last checking would be at 00:00. We woke up at 10:00 no breakfast was offered and the kitchen was closed already, we paid 61 euro for 7 hours sleeping and stress and they even gave us an apologies! Do not recomend!

Decent hotel, strange policy of no-check in between midnight -7:00 am.
    • Double or Twin Room

Be Advised: Hotel del Borgo does not allow check in between 00:00 and 7:00 am, their check-in desk does not operate during these hours. While making the reservation at no point did I come across this information which ended up being a big issue. We knew our flight was arriving near midnight and selected the arrival window of 00:00 - 1:00; this is the part that was so irritating since they knew we were getting in after their unlisted no check-in window but did not mention it to us after confirming the booking. With flight delays we arrived to the hotel at 1:30 to find a sign on the door that said they don't allow check in between midnight and 7am. Standing at the locked door trying to buzz the intercom with all of our bags in the middle of the night was not fun. Luckily a friendly group of people walked by us and a nice man called the hotel (we didn't have Italian mobile service) and somehow got the guy running the hotel that night on the phone and we got in. In the end we got in to our room, but things could have turned out much differently.

This hotel is situated very close to the airport, less than 10 minutes by taxi. It is a no frills hotel but if you need easy access to or from the airport or main bus lines, it is just fine. Also, the shower facilities were adequate and the water pressure was great and hot.

If you need to be near the airport then it's OK.

No air-conditioning in room, open the window too much traffic noise close it and it's too hot and stuffy. The breakfast selection is shockingly unhealthy...but if you are OK with that then it's delicious!

It was near the airport, 10 mins on the 54 bus, €1.50,. The staff were nice, the coffee is good.

The staff was very helpful regarding our early wakeup and...
    • Double or Twin Room

The only bad thing I can say is the lack of air conditioning.

The staff was very helpful regarding our early wakeup and flight, including calling the taxi in advance. There is also a mall and Ducati-museum nearby, great location for last minute souvenirs, with the airport just 5 minutes away.

Good and reasonably priced stop over 10 min from centre of Bologna - close to highway and airport
    • Quadruple Room

breakfast offer was a little limited - perhaps due to ours being taken at the end of the service (10.30) location: apart from the pizzeria the neighbourhood is part industrial/residential so there is really no offer for entertainment/restauration within walking distance that we saw. not a problem but may be inconvenient: no reception and locked front door past midnight. Don't forget your key if you come in late. Also means check in is limited to before midnight.

good breakfast coffee friendly reception staff family room was perfect for overnight stay (beware: family room is on top floor with last floor having to be done by stairway as elevator stops on second floor) pizzeria serving until very late and take away possible right next door good parking facilities location: easy access to airport and A1 highway

It says that the reception desk is 24/7, but that is not...
    • Double or Twin Room

It says that the reception desk is 24/7, but that is not the case. If your plane lands after midnight, then you will find locked doors, even if you have made an online reservation, and informed them about your late arrival.

A nice place for an overnight stay.
    • Quadruple Room

The amenities are a bit worn out. The hairdryer was some antique model and was falling apart. Tiny shower. Tiny TV set.

Close to the airport. Parking on premises. Several good restaurants nearby. Relatively clean. Very friendly host.

Very friendly staff and for us which just past trough for...

In the room it was realy hot and the a/c is oldfashioned. So to cool down we had to put it to the max and so it was a realy noicy night

Very friendly staff and for us which just past trough for getting home it was great located. The restaurant nextdoor served great food

Location is perfect to catch an early flight.

The room was in the basement and had such a strong smell of detergent that I could not really sleep well. Strongly advise to ask for one of the rooms in the upper floors!

Location is perfect to catch an early flight.

Good value for money.

It could be improved by making the airco a little less noisy although you hardly hear it at the lowest setting. Also the curtains don't fully close but due to the partly covered windows on the outside thats no big deal. Could also use a little paint here and there.

The room was clean yet a little dated but thats fine. It had a minibar which is a real rare sight but I think is a big plus. Parking was perfect, bus-stop nearby and the breakfast for 6 euros was very reasonable. I would choose it again as the airport is just a ten minute drive and there is a gas station to fill up your rental car within 150 meters of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

to be avoided if you stay longer than one night
    • Double or Twin Room

street side rooms are to be avoided shower cabin too small , bathroom dirty beds are old and dusty

the staff was helpfull and willing , also when I asked for another room

Clean hotel not very close to the center
    • Quadruple Room

It is close to the airport. However in order to go to the center you should take a bus or either drive. We have chosen the latter. However in the city center parking was a bit of problem. So you may prefer to use the bus instead.

I've travelled with my sister and parents. The room was big enough for four people. The room and the bathroom in general were clean and all the necessary equipments (towels, shampoo etc.) were provided.

The hotel is located not far from the airport (ca.

It was a bit hot in the room, but when you open the window, it becomes OK.

The hotel is located not far from the airport (ca. 15 mins by car) in a quiet place, very easy to find. The staff at the reception was exceptionally helpful and very friendly - before asking I got all the explanations about the hotel. Unfortunately I didn't noticed the name of the guy at the reception, but the service was just fantastic - you don't find this kind of hospitality very often. He also kindly booked a taxi for the morning for me - so I had no problems at all coming to the airport. Great job! I had a single room - it was small, but cozy and comfortable. The bathroom was clean, hot water in the shower worked very well. WiFi worked perfectly!

Good place
    • Quadruple Room

The AC unit in our room was old, ugly, dirty, with some missing parts. I'm not sure it could be used, we didn't need it. It was cold inside our room (as we were travelling with children) and we were told the heating system is off (middle of April). We asked and received a radiator which was very helpful but noisy.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. Good location, breakfast ok but not enough space/tables when the hotel is full.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Perfect place
    • Double or Twin Room

Stayed there for 15 days. Top location, nearby there are lots of restaurants and huge mall within walking distance. The staff and the family whose running this Hotel were very nice and welcoming. They responded quickly to our requests and made everything they could to make our stay comfortable and enjoyably. Thanks for all you welcomed us always with a smile.

Staff was friendly.

Although it was a very warm day and night, the heating was on all the time and the staff could not turn it off. This made for a very bad sleeping experience.

Staff was friendly. The room was small but otherwise everything was ok.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

A real Italian hotel friendly, clean, very comfortable, we would return

Wifi in the room.

Very friendly and helpful team at Hotel Del Borgo,. Our stay was brilliant and a good place to stay whilst at a busy conference event.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Hotel is good, staff is outstanding.

Wi-Fi authorization didn't work in our room, we had to go outside.

Receptionist was extremely friendly, helpful and pleasant. She helped us with all our requests.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Very pleasant hotel, spoilt by cleaning staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

Loads of dust. It was what I'd call 'superficially clean'. Dust on light fittings, towels rails, etc. Cleaners need to do a much more thorough job.

Very nice hotel. Perfectly located for the airport. Pleasantly decorated and right next door to a good restaurant/pizzeria. Excellent value for money

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

very old hotel, rooms smelling bad, bathroom very small and...
    • Quadruple Room

very old hotel, rooms smelling bad, bathroom very small and old and breakfast extremely poor. not even the basic. Very expensive. i wouldnt pay more than 30£ for this room.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Good location, perfect facilities, value for money.
    • Double or Twin Room

The limited space in breakfast area.

The staff, ready to help in anything, the parking space, the location,near bus stations for down town or to the airport. Quiet place with lovely surroundings.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Cosy hotel. Very helpful staff
    • Double or Twin Room

- dirty water closet (just once) - very poor breakfast (poor selection of: bread, ham, pastries; not homemade cakes) - 'grandpalooking' interrior - not possible to switch off A/C

+ superbly nice and helpful staff + close to the bus station + free parking + pet friendly (no additional fees) + body lotion, soap, sewing kit included in price + very cosy, calm and peaceful place

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Great location if you are coming on or off the autostrata, and don't need to be in the city centre.
    • Double or Twin Room

We were in the top room with no windows. There were skylights but they opened only a few cm and the blinds covering the glass could not be opened / moved back, so we could not even see sky!

Stylish old style! All staff we encountered spoke English.

Very good choice for a short stay

Everything was perfect.

We spent one night during our travel. Location is close to the highway, but the city center is also a 10 min drive. While it is a silent, relatively insignificant building from outside, it is actually a clear and nice hotel inside.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

Nice place, close to the airport which for those travelling...
    • Double or Twin Room

Nice place, close to the airport which for those travelling from there is a plus. All the staff were very helpful but a I've to put a word for Nikola, she was great detailing all those little nice places to go in Bologna that you won’t find on the travel guide!

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

Excellent stay in Bologna
    • Quadruple Room

Couldn't say as we were only staying overnight and flying out early the next morning So we did not eat there.

The male member of staff on duty was extremely helpful and attentive, especially as we did not speak hardly any Italian (first visit) . Gave us directions to airport, bus times etc. Able to get a bus into Bologna for the evening which was most enjoyable and a place we will return to. The room was spotless and a proper family room. Ideally located. Would recommend and would stay there again ourselves.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

Good for airport transfer , otherwise nothing special

Noisy AirCo : couldnt sleep with it on or off! Very hard beds: pain in hip bones! Breakfast not bad, but very difficult to get a coffee: no one around!

Good location near airport, easy transfer for late arrival or early departure,

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

Shiny beach vacation
    • Double or Twin Room

Very helpful staff. Several minutes walk to a Blue Flag beach & windsurfing school. Pet-friendly hotel. Nice pizzeria for locals nearby. Imposant old-fashioned building. Beach bar downstairs. No early check-in possible but you can leave your luggage at the reception and head on to the sea.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

very nice hotel close to both the airport and Bologna

All good

We decided for hotel del Borgo because we needed to be close to the airport.nevertheless, the city centre is 15 min away by car and there is a direct bus. Personnel were very helpful and the hotel is nice and clean. Rooms are big. Not bad value for money.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

Lovely hotel great value for money
    • Double or Twin Room

The only thing I would have liked would be the ability to get coffee at other times rather than just at breakfast.

The staff were extra helpful and one bus got you straight into the city centre great value for money room was nice and there is a shopping centre right over the road.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

Lovely neighbourhood and friendly staff

NOTHING.

Everything's great! Staff is very friendly and they do anything to comfort you. There are lots of pizza restaurants around the hotel. And one of them also makes a special menu for the guests of the hotel. Access to the airport so easy from there. Nice neighbourhood!

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Lovely place to stay for 1 night..
    • Double or Twin Room

circulation of other people casued lot of noise all night and morning. (disadvantage to be near airport)

helpfull and kind staff. near the airport comfortable bed and room easy to parking

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

They lost a client.

The first night I spent it in other room because mine was given to another person. The AC was no working in this room and the stuff didn't solve the situation till I moved to another room. I asked for upgrade but they refuse to give me another. The breakfast is too simple for the price of the Hotel. Too expensive.

Whitout internet very weak there is not nice:(

Whitout internet very weak there is not nice:(

Ok for one night.
    • Double or Twin Room

Good location nearby the airport. Free secure parking.

Highly recommend!
    • Quadruple Room

The staff was accommodating, informative, and very nice! The room was clean, spacious, and modern!

Almost perfect
    • Double or Twin Room

There was a continuous noise during the whole night.

The staff was really warm and welcoming. Very good breakfast.

Very friendly and helpful staff, clean and comfy room, close...
    • Double or Twin Room

Very friendly and helpful staff, clean and comfy room, close to the bus station and to the airport

Very convenient to reach the airport

Very convenient to reach the airport

Very enjoyable
    • Double or Twin Room

A small hotel with lots of charm

Parking, location to ducati factory

On a main road, Room noisy

Parking, location to ducati factory

Short and sweet. Cosy and comfy

Breakfast could have been a little better

Cosy comfort and the staff very friendly

Staff, clean

Need local transportation for city center but buses work regularly in short periods

Staff, clean

Great place. Great staff.

All

WiFi connection was poor

Very kind staff

It smelled bakery.

It's a very correct hotel.

Location was excellent for early morning departure flight.

Location was excellent for early morning departure flight. Staff very friendly and very helpful. Clean and comfortable.

small breakfest

small breakfest

Also everything

So nice

Breakfast was really good

Breakfast was really good

Needs an update.

Needs an update.

Good value for money, comfortable rooms.
    • Double or Twin Room

Good value for money, comfortable rooms.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Very nice and helpful slovak receptionist:)
    • Double or Twin Room

Very nice and helpful slovak receptionist:)

Close the airport

Noisy place because of heavy trafic

Close the airport

nice breakfast/friendly staff

room/bed was small

nice breakfast/friendly staff

Clean and comfortable
    • Double or Twin Room

Comfortable bed, clean room, nice bathroom. Good value for money.

I don’t go back . No true description

Nothing very old

The room was smelling of sigarette even if was forbidden to smoke!!! The bathroom very old

Great little hotel.

It is a bit far from the centre of Bologna, but the bus 13 will take you into town in ~20 minutes.

Great little hotel. Try the restaurant next door!!!

Staff was helpful, parking is good, so close to supermarket

Room was so dark, depressive and cold. The blanket is thin. Not worth the money.

Staff was helpful, parking is good, so close to supermarket

- very close to the airport
    • Double or Twin Room

- very close to the airport - free parking - big room and big bathroom

The restaurant next door was a easy first night greatness.
    • Quadruple Room

The restaurant next door was a easy first night greatness...The staff is committed to being helpful in all respects.

Browse Hotel Del Borgo traveller photo gallery