Reviews of Hotel Duomo Firenze 3 stars

Piazza Duomo 1, Duomo, 50122 Florence, Italy

#89 of 384 hotels in Florence

9.7

• Classic Single Room

The location of this hotel and views of the amazing Duomo are great! Rooms are clean and staff are really friendly and helpful. Overall great value for money, I would definitely stay here again.

• Double Room with View

- For the price we paid, we expected the breakfast included, the breakfast was 12 euro per person each day; - Old elevator should be replaced, only 2 people each time could go upstairs to the hotel - Very basic decoration of the rooms at the hotel. - Although we booked a room with view at the Doumo, we got firstly a room with partially view, later that is changed...

- The Wifi was the fastest ever of all hotels we have ever stayed - The location - The free drinks in the minibar

• Classic Double Room with Balcony and Partial View

I really have nothing to complain about.

The staff are friendly, helpful and solicitous for your welfare. I was very grateful that tea and coffee were freely available day and night, not just for breakfast. It felt very safe. It's only accessible by a lift (4th floor) and the staff see everyone that comes and goes. They know who you are very quickly. It's not a big hotel at all. In fact, there's only one person at a time on reception. The breakfasts were excellent, Tuscan food and then all the expected range. The almond custard tart wins my vote, close to the freshly cut prosciutto. You couldn't improve on the view and the location, plus the food.

• Economy Small Single Room

Very bad trip ! My room number was # 29 room about 4m2 that looks more like a linen closet than a room! Any small bed, a vaulted bathroom where the shower is above the toilet and stuck to a lavado where you risk electrocting at any moment because the light is nearby ... It's a shame to receive people from this way. Moreover it is the first time that by the keys, the reception staff did not ask me if everything had gone well ... I think he already knew the answer ... Be ashamed of yourself!

• Classic Single Room

To be honest, for the price you pay, the room is really small. It is ok for couple of nights and single person, but not for a longer stay.

Really central position, easy to get main attractions and shopping streets. I was there for Pitti Fashion Fair, so it was easy to reach quickly all destinations I needed.

• Standard Double Room with Courtyard View

The hotel could not have been in a better location; it was near historic attractions and countless restaurants. We enjoyed being able to conveniently walk everywhere from our room. Also, we found the hotel staff to be friendly and accommodating.

• Classic Single Room

What a wonderful location! On warm days you can bring your breakfast onto the the narrow balcony where you almost feel your touching The Duomo! The singel bedroom was perhaps small, but had everything I needed, and I was out all day. Lovely friendly and helpful staff. A little warning: the lift is very small (3 persons max), but even for me with a bit of claustrophobia it was surprisingly no problem!

• Double Room with View

Shower...impossible to not spray water all over the floor.

Great location, can easily walk to any museum, restaurant or shops. The Duomo is right in front of the hotel.

• Standard Double Room with Courtyard View

This being my first time in Florence, I didn’t realize how difficult/dangerous it was to drive in Florence and especially to this hotel. When we got there, there was a homeless person laying down on the ground by the elevator to get to the floor to check in. One of the front desk women was very kind, the other one very abrupt and impatient with me as I asked for directions. Also, our room was the smallest of all we stayed in for 10 days in Italy.

This hotel is literally right across the street from the Hotel Duomo. Gorgeous view out our bedroom window. The breakfast room/food choices were amazing!

• Economy Small Single Room

Hotel entrance opened right in front of the beautiful Duomo. Has a rooftop patio facing the Duomo. Close to the train station & easy walking everywhere. They stored our luggage & ordered a taxi for us.

• Classic Single Room

Staff a little off handed at times. No instructions in the room, breakfast was very average but worst of all the staff didn’t warn me about traffic having difficulty getting into the area and the taxi took 25 mins to arrive and I almost missed my train to Venice. It was very stressful.

I was very grateful for assistance with my heavy bag. Bathroom was modern and well equipped except for the hairdryer.

• Single Room with Balcony and View

This hotel has a fantastic location overlooking the Duomo, rooms were clean and comfortable, staff were all very helpful and knowledgeable - really loved everything about this hotel, would highly recommend!!

• Classic Double Room with Balcony and Partial View

Carrying the luggage up a flight of stairs to our room.

The hotel location is perfect. Breakfast is very good and the room was spacious and we had a small balcony. From the train station, its about a 15 minute walk to the hotel or it should be between Euro5-10 for a taxi.

• Single Room with Balcony and View

My room was tiny and the bed was not very comfortable. The breakfast isn't that great either - skip it!

Great location, making this a good value for the price. Adorable little balconies overlooking the duomo.

• Standard Double Room with Courtyard View

Slow wifi, staff’ kindness is just soso Also my body was so tickle while sleeping in there:’(

The room was super tiny but was ok for sleeping. Even directly in fron of duomo, very quite and comfortable. Also can enjoy nice music from outside:)

• Single Room with Balcony and View

You are in the middle of Italy and need to start your day with a cup of very boring dripped coffee.

Elevated close view of Duomo is something you never thought possible.

• Economy Small Single Room

These are things that may be useful to others, not necessarily things disliked: I arrived close to midnight and initially there was some difficulty locating the entrance to the hotel (#1 Piazza del Duomo). It is to the left of the Lindt chocolate store. For those who are unfamiliar with european lifestyles, the bathrooms are generally smaller that those in the west. Vehicular access around the Duomo is restricted.

The location of this hotel - literally next to the Duomo- is its most alluring feature. It was easy to access all the main attractions from here and who could forget the view! And the staff is extremely helpful, even for late arrivals. The rooms are generally clean and safe. Even though there was a lot of activity at the Piazza, there was not much noise to disrupt sleep. Toiletries, including shower caps, body cream and a vanity kit are included. There is also a hair dryer. The bed is comfortable. Breakfast is available for those who prefer to absorb the view from a different perspective while sipping coffee. Highly recommended place to stay when in Florence!!!

• Standard Double Room with Courtyard View

Soundproofing is non-existent and there is a constant loud rumbling noise from what is presumably a boiler from 6pm to midnight every day and the same early in the morning.

Excellent breakfast, great location.

• Double Room with View

This hotel was everything I hoped it would be! In dreamy location (pay the extra for a room with a view) you couldn't help but be happy waking up to that view in the morning. The staff were really helpful and friendly despite the grand location.

• Double Room with View

First the entry of hotel is very bad. Second the left belonged to old centuries and very small. Third: receptions very small and only one sofa and two small chairs. Forth: the stares to the room very narrow and unsafe to take your bags down or up because no lift to take you up or down.

only location it’s near shopping area

• Standard Double Room with Courtyard View

Shower space was sacrificed for the use of a bidet. Showering was tight by American standards.

Superb location and our room had access to a small balcony with a view of the Duomo. Staff was very friendly, rooms were small but had a fridge with waters and juice included in the price of the room. Great breakfast spread and coffee and nibbles provided throughout the day.

• Single Room with Balcony and View

Noisy. Acoustics poor so talking carries through hallway and the doors opening and closing are very noisy.

Very basic single room, but fabulous new bathroom AND balcony with flowers and amazing views of the Duomo. Extraordinary breakfast with broad array of offerings. Delicious with nice presentation. Very helpful staff.

Heating at room......

Hotel stop room heating at midnight. I talked with a nice person at hotel's reception, but without any solution...... Good hotel, but with lower temperature at room. Thanks God, I was there just one night. Hotel must find another solution for to offer low prices.....

• Standard Double Room with Courtyard View

View from room was the worst part... Courtyard(?) view means well view on booking...

Easily reachable... Location next to Duomo Cathedral.... In the hearth of historical side of the city... Able to walk everywhere...

• Classic Single Room

Single room is really small.

Location one of the best in Florence, breakfast very good, free coffee and cookies all day long also were a nice surprise.

• Double Room with View

The room was a little small and was a bit noisy where we were placed just next to reception.

Breakfast was excellent, loved the variety. Location was definitely the best part, the view from the room was just amazing and was so easy to get to everything from the hotel location.

• Standard Double Room with Courtyard View

We didn't mind but be aware that it is AT the Dumo so church bells clanging is loud. Streets are cleaned nightly - little noisy but streets are very clean. Tiny shower and corner shelf was broken so nowhere to put shampo. Small room - fine for me and Mom closet door touches bed when open so you have to move out of each other's way. Very tight quarters but that's how it is in much of Europe - unlike U.S.

Staff was so friendly and helpful. Fabulous restaurant recommendations where locals go. Friendly staff will happily call a taxi for you. Provide maps. Had a Doctor come to the hotel for my Mom's cut - avoided a hospital visit. Tea, coffee, small cookies/wafers nd yogurt anytime. Balcony was great. EVERYTHING in the mini fridge in room is complimentary for 1st use. You pay for refills. Convenient location. Cozy. Towel warmer was really nice. Lounge area is small, comfy and cozy.

• Classic Single Room

Great room facing the rooftops of Florence and the Tuscan hills in the background as they did not have any single rooms available facing the Duomo during my stay. Hotel is literally right beside the Duomo, which is incredible to walk out the front door and behold. Pay the extra for the amazing breakfast, you won't be disappointed. Very clean, quiet and comfortable. Would definitely return.

• Standard Double Room with Courtyard View

nice, clean hotel with always smiling staff. but the most important thing is the location. you can almost "touch" the DUOMO from the terrace or from the balcony of your room. every "hot spots" are just in the walking distance.

• Double Room with View

Being so close to the duomo was definitely a plus. The staff were always friendly and helpful. They even offered suggestions for local restaurants and called to make reservations. This was our second visit and certainly will not be our last. Excellent service!

• Double Room with View

We did have a problem with the heat in the room our first night. The staff were very helpful trying to fix the problem. I think it was just out of their control to fix it and had to be called in. Seeing how hard they tried though showed they care for their customers. They offered us to switch rooms, which we declined. The staff provided extra blankets if we needed them. The following day the heat was fixed so we kept the great view we had and room we liked.

The staff are so nice and have such great personalities. They are very informative of the area and are willing to help with suggestions or provide directions. This was our 2nd stay with Hotel Duomo and like the first time we enjoyed our stay.

• Classic Single Room

The staff were very nice and very helpful :) One even printed a train schedule without me even asking (wish I remember her name) They've helped me in booking tours, suggested on where to eat etc. Though the room were not much like the photos (as usual) and it's kinda small but bed was comfy, clean and I had a nice view. I wasn't able to try their breakfast but there is a balcony beside the dining area where you can have a nice view of florence cathedral. Location was great! Restaurants are just around the corner and hotel was quite near from the train station.

Well, we had some rain but ... I guess I can not blame on hotel

The hotel is awesome! The location is front of the Cathedra, you could not be closer! The view from the room is breath taking. We skipped one dinner and just stayed in the room with some cheeses, grapes and wine : ) The breakfast was much more than breakfast with veggies, fruits, cakes, ham, tea/ coffee, juice. All you can eat and just for 11 EURO, if you pay at the hotel. Super friendly team works on the reception. Really Great Hotel in Florence!

• Standard Double Room with Courtyard View

The bathroom was so big but the shower was so small, the sink took up all the counter space! Not much room to put our stuff for the bathroom.

Breakfast was delicious! Bed was comfortable, location amazing.

I don't it represented good value for money but you're paying for its proximity to the Duomo.

The rooms are small and slightly faded. The hotel has obviously seen better days. That said, the location was superb and the staff very friendly and obliging.

• Standard Double Room with Courtyard View

only thing I didn`t like was the size of our room, it was very small, next time we come we will ask for another room

the rooms were very good and clean though our room was very small compared to our friends, Availability of free Coffee and Tea all day is a bonus. Good choice for Breakfast Loved the hotel

• Standard Double Room with Courtyard View

Expensive breakfast, so we opted to have breakfast in one of the numerous cafés nearby. When you get to the hotel you will have to go to your room which may mean climbing up or down a set of stairs (with luggage). Lift is small and only just fits 2 people with a small bag. Rooms are a bit small but all things can be overlooked considering the location.

Great location right in front of the duomo. Lift access up to 4th floor. Nice view of the duomo from the reception room.

• Single Room with Balcony and View

Unfortunately, the price corresponds to the hotel's location. As the hotel is situated in a very old building, the rooms are relatively small, which makes the accommodation a little bit overpriced, despite the perfect location.

A hotel exactly in the Plaza Duome, my room with the cathedral view.

• Standard Double Room with Courtyard View

Room was very small, with no room to put 2 suitcases. Very small balcony which was how we expected.

Excellent location, couldn't believe how close to the cathedral we were. Easy to walk around Firenze. Francesca was most helpful with a wealth of information and recommendations

• Classic Single Room

The room was a bit small, but confortable. A bit overpriced for a 3-star hotel, but totally worth it

The location, breakfast, cleanliness and personnel were excellent. The hotel itself is in an old building that in is the Piazza del Duomo. I was surprised by the great quality of the breakfast. The staff was always nice and willing to help you.

• Standard Double Room with Courtyard View

This is a hidden gem - so be sure to pay attention to the numbering around the piazza del Duomo. Signage is very small, so it's easier to find the location by the number. Again, a minor thing and in keeping with the city's desire to avoid sign pollution in this lovely area of Florence.

Wonderful location, with a view of the Florence Cathedral which was only 100 feet from our balcony! Wonderful breakfast and a very attentive staff ready to assist. Not the easiest to find, since the piazza has very limited access to car traffic - though, if you have reservations at the hotel, you are allowed this access for a couple of hours each day (to drop off/pick up). Parking is in a nearby parking garage, so ask about the directions before you arrive to save yourself some time. Other than these two minor items, it was a great stay and you can't (can...not...) beat the location! Walk to the many other wonderful sites in Florence and leave the car in the lot for the duration.

• Standard Double Room with Courtyard View

I thought we had upgraded for a view and it did not meet our expectations. We assumed we were going to see the Duomo from our hotel window, not just the deck/patio area off the kitchen/eating area.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. I liked that we were able to obtain free coffee/tea. The deck off the eating area had the most fabulous view! Bed was comfortable.

• Classic Single Room

The location is absolutely lovely. Sitting on the small balcony at night, listening to the Campanile bells mixing with the music and laughter and the warm evening breeze of this year's very hot summer will be as much a cherished memory to me as the loads of cultural treasures I have found. Everything is just a few steps away: David, San Lorenzo and the Medici Chapel, Mercato Centrale, the Duomo with its wonderful museum nearby, the Palazzi ... Just a short walk to the Uffici, Ponte Vecchio and Santa Croce. Thanks to the friendly and helpful staff. The breakfast is absolutely amazing, the rooms very clean and nicely air-conditined. The little travel book "library" in the breakfast room with books left behind by other travellers is very charming. The garage and traffic were a new experience and I feel I am entitled to an Italian driving licence now ;-). Thanks and a good stay to everyone.

• Standard Double Room with Courtyard View

Cassic charm with a trip up the elevator to fourth floor. Clean rooms with modern bathroom. Incredible location for walking around town. Easy walk to Ufizzi and Vecchio. Well equipped breadfast room with side terrace that is across street from Duomo. Friendly staff. Quiet spot.

• Double Room with View

Staff does speak very little English and they were not helpful with no smiles. Rooms are smaller than they look on Booking. Lower floor rooms do not have the full view (we booked "the room with a view"). There is no tea/coffee facility in the room. Also no seating (only bed) in the room. The wood furniture is outdated and needs refurbishment. The lift to the hotel is so old- sometimes the door would not open. Also very noisy until morning.

The location and the cleanniness of the sheets and towels.

• Standard Double Room with Courtyard View

The people who work at Hotel Duomo made our experience in Florence very enjoyable! They always had the answers to our questions as well as recommendations of places we should go, restaurants to eat at etc. We didn't come across a single employee who was not happy to help. Although the room was small, it was very clean and well kept. The location of the property made it perfect for a weekend trip since it was central to everything we needed. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a place right in the heart of Florence!

• Classic Single Room

Breakfast was not included and the breakfast that was offered was a little pricey. Unfortunately, there was an issue with one of the bathroom fixtures and there was nobody available to repair it until the following day, which was the day I was leaving.

There was a beautiful little balcony off of the room with views of the Duomo. The interiors were modern yet still felt warm and true to the Florentine spirit. Couldn't ask for a better location being next to the Duomo, close to most attractions. Most of the staff was polite, friendly and helpful. All in all a pleasant experience. Would stay there again in a heartbeat!

• Standard Double Room with Courtyard View

The spiral staircase made it difficult to maneuver luggage. And the elevator was very small.

Staff was wonderful. Breakfast wonderful. Location just fabulous. We enjoyed the design of the bathroom/ shower space larger than in other hotels we booked. Definitely a place we would book again when returning to Firenze.

• Triple Room with View

The location could not been better. It was really nice to be able to have the hotel so close to take breaks, specilly because it was so hot when we were there.

• Standard Double Room with Courtyard View

The hotel was easy to reach by foot from the train station. The location was perfect-easy walking distance to Florence's most prominent attractions. The staff were excellent. They were always pleasant and went out of their way to be helpful and to be sure we had what we needed. The room was on the small side, but when you book a room in the heart of the city, you are willing to accept a slightly smaller room as the trade off for being so close. It was well worth it.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• Standard Double Room with Courtyard View

There was nothing not to like!

We loved everything. The 24/7 coffee tea and cake facilities. The breakfast was exceptional. Mini bar included. Terrace with flower pot and table and chair setting. Bed was so comfy, staff exceptionally helpful and available 24/7 . The lift to get to the fourth floor was beautifully old fashioned and the view from the breakfast balcony, wow. The Wifi had a strong signal and the location could not have been more central ! A Grade, it deserves a much higher rating than it has!

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• Standard Double Room with Courtyard View

The shower did not have any pressure, and the room was very small...

I liked the location! The staff was wonderful specially Dorian, so helpful!! Great breakfast, although not included but for 11 Euros you could have a great start of the day..

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• Standard Double Room with Courtyard View

The room was more like a closet with two twin beds only an inch apart, maybe a foot walking space around the bed- Decor very old and outdated. Walls in room were a dungy lime green. Breakfast not included in price

Location was awesome, easy walk to train station and all city attractions , restroom was updated !

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Standard Double Room with Courtyard View

This could not be closer to the Duomo, so very conveniently located in Florence. Clean and comfortable, with a little veranda to sit and enjoy coffee. We had everything we needed and the staff were cheerful and helpful. The breakfast was lovely, everything you would want to start your day. I also appreciated how we could have coffee or tea in the evening, free of charge. Of note, if you are one who travels with large bags, this hotel has an old fashioned (small) lift. I had 2 small children with me in strollers and we had to use the lift in shifts if the strollers were not folded. I imagine people who travel with suitcases would also have to do this.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Not a lot to dislike about this hotel only criticism would be rooms bit small. Our friend had a single room which was very small but a great view of the Duomo!!!!

Staff were always pleasant and very helpful. Breakfast was excellent with something for everyone from bacon, scrambled eggs, pastries even pancake machine. Free drinks from the mini bar i.e. water couple beers juice etc. No coffee making facilities but free coffee in the breakfast/bar area as often as you wanted. We had a balcony view of the Duomo which was so close by.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

• Standard Double Room with Courtyard View

Garden facing rooms were ok - we had two rooms one of which backed on to the bin store terrace which was not ideal - no view at all. Noisy during the night as hotel staff collected refuse etc and placed on terrace outside our room window. Our friends room had a blocked shower drain which they had to unblock themselves - not very nice. If staying again or recommending then I would suggest booking a frontage facing room. Not having tea nor coffee available in the hotel rooms was a negative. Often nice just to have a refreshing drink within your own room after a long day's sight seeing. Here, you have to go to the restaurant area to get a drink.

Very good location, central to everything. Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• Standard Double Room with Courtyard View

Room /shower was a little small but doable.

Excellent location! Probably the best breakfast I have ever had in my travels! We were blessed with a balcony which was great. Supermarket close by in one of the side streets from the Hotel. Classical Musicians in front of the Doumo, so we had live music on our balcony! Very nice!

• Classic Single Room

rude staff, not helpful, needed a taxi to airport and waited 90 minutes before having to walk to anither hotel and ask for help and almost missed my flight

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

• Classic Single Room

The location is really good, right beside the cathedral, and close to everywhere. The staff are very warm, the room is comfortable, the wifi is fast, and the breakfast is fantastic. Free coffee and tea is served all day long. In short, Hotel Duomo Firenze is a good choice.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

• Double Room with View

The pillows and bed are not comfortable. The room can get really warm, no small window to open up during the night to get some air to cool. I had to open the door. The terrace would be nice if it open up to balcony, and see the street. The bathroom shower too small. We had a great stay otherwise. The location is brilliant

The staff are very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

• Double Room with View

No coffeemakers in the rooms--not a deal breaker though since there is one in the breakfast/bar area.

Overall: I've traveled to about 10 different cities in Italy, and this was by far my favorite hotel. I can truly say our stay in Florence would not have been the same if we stayed somewhere else. We were in a full view double room, and the view was all I had hoped. Even when we were too tired to walk around town, the day didn't feel like it was lost since we had a full view of the most beautiful site in Florence, right in the middle of everything. Also, very good wifi! (You don't really cherish good wifi until most of the hotels you've stayed in have had spotty signals.) Location: can't be beat. Didn't have to go out of the way at all to drop stuff off during shopping trips. We were there over Christmas and the crowds weren't too bad, but I can definitely picture it getting noisy during peak travel seasons--although, that is the price of being in the center of everything. The rooms do muffle the sound at least a little bit though. Rooms: VERY comfortable beds. Nice, new decor. Mini bar--was complimentary for us if we didn't use more than what was originally in there. Clean, not too cramped like other places I've stayed. Big bathroom with a towel warmer. Temperature-controlled heating/AC (in Celsius). Good storage. Only improvement I can think of would be that there's no coffeemaker in the room. Staff: very friendly, very helpful. Great all around. Breakfast: pretty good--probably the best breakfast I've had in Italy. It doesn't quite compare to a full-fledged breakfast place, although I think those don't really exist in Italy :) Highlights for me were some pastries, lemon cake, cream-filled sugar donuts, pancake maker (!), and they will make drinks for you behind the bar. Also, there is a purified water fountain (I guess it could be called a fountain) in the bar area that you can access any time so you won't have to keep buying bottled water.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

• Double Room with View

I find the shower cubicle small but i think it's quite common in Europe. Would be lovely if they can extend it since there is ample space. I stayed for 4d3n, without divulging the exact reason they requested me to move to another room after my 2nd night. just 3 doors away from my room with same room view but with no chairs & table by the window (where I love to lounge). After a full day excursion, it was exhausting to pack all my stuff again the night before to move another room. The Customer's comfort should have been a priority, it was just one more night!

perfect location! love it that when you open the windows at night you'll hear the beautiful music being played from the street below. Dorian from the reception was very helpful and arranged tours for me. The bed is comfortable, room and bathroom are clean and good sized.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

• Double Room with View

Cannot think of a thing that we did not like.

The staff was very helpful: getting reservations for museums. recommending and making reservations at restaurants we liked very much, helpful with all our questions. Being adjacent to the Duomo, we never had any trouble finding our way home!

• Reviewed: 19 November 2016

• Standard Double Room with Courtyard View

The location was great. Right across from the Duomo and surrounded by many restaurants, pastry shops (yum) and other sites. Walking distance to the S.M train staition. The staff was very friendly and very accommodating. Although the rooms were small (typical in Europe) they were set up in a way that didn't feel cramped. They have a closet big enough for luggage of two or more people and a room safe. Bathrooms were roomy. While the shower was a little tight it was clean and you can still move around without feeling you were constricted. The breakfast was varied from cut and whole fruits to cereal, pastries, pancakes, eggs and bacon. Of course breads, yogurts and coffees as well. I would stay there again

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

• Economy Small Single Room

If you are travelling alone, you have some extra pounds, you are tall and you are claustrophobic don't book the single room. It was the worst room I ever stayed in and I travel pretty much. The room is very small, the bed also, it was cold (because they have no heat in october). The bathroom...they have a shower, or better said a shower head and you have to shower on the bathroom floor.

The location is great

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

The furniture a bit old

Great breakfast buffet, lots of choices Greatly helpful staff with functions of tourist guide Faced to the tourist attraction, restaurants around very convenient Well maintained place Price reasonable

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

• Standard Double Room with Courtyard View

The bed sheet was dirty, we found some hair on it. There were a bunch of mosquitoes in the room. Moreover, there were multiple mosquitoe blood spots on the wall. There were also some dirt spots other than blood. The wifi was so bad, it was disconnecting continuously and we needed to reconnect everytime. The room was so small, the shower area was even smaller. I am a skinny guy and my arms were hitting the walls while taking the shower. The room was so different than it was pictured on Booking.com.

The location is really superb. It is just adjacent to Duomo. There was a little balcony.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• Double Room with View

The location of the hotel is perfect-- in the middle of the Piazza del Duomo. Our room was cozy, comfortable and clean with a beautiful view of the Duomo. The hotel is within easy walking distance of the train station and all of the sights in Florence. Breakfast is amazing-- meats, cheeses, breads, pastries, fruit and more. The staff is friendly and helpful. Would absolutely stay here again.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

• Standard Double Room with Courtyard View

Hotel has internal stairs once you come up to the main floor (4), which can be difficult to navigate with bags. Our room #21 had not much of a view. The bathroom was tiny with not much counter space at all. The toilet was wedged between the wall and the stall shower, making it difficult to wipe oneself (sorry, but no more polite way to say this).

Simply put, the location of the hotel is amazing. You are right next to the Duomo, and in walking distance of the train station (SMN). Breakfast was very nice and changed daily. Small terrace on which you can eat breakfast or smoke. Hotel provided loaner umbrellas. WiFi was reliable.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Standard Double Room with Courtyard View

We stayed for five nights. Staff are exceptional. Very helpful. Made restaurant arrangements, cabs and car rental. Location couldn't be any better. Breakfast was a great and easy way to start the day.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Standard Double Room with Courtyard View

Location is still quite a distance from train station, not exactly near. Takes about 10-15mins walk.

Staff are very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was fantastic. Comes with free drinks in minibar. Relatively near to railway station. Quite a few good eateries around.

• Reviewed: 14 September 2016

• Classic Single Room

Everything, including the room (quiet, and with excellent air conditioning), and breakfast with wide range of hot and cold dishes. The multilingual hotel staff were welcoming and professional. Location is ideal with amenities, museums, churches, gardens almost on the doorstep. Being able to breakfast on the terrace perched right next to the (extraordinary) Duomo, or sit there with a glass of wine in the evening was unforgettable. Staying here really gives an incredible sense of proximity to this beautiful and exceptional city.

• Reviewed: 12 September 2016

• Standard Double Room with Courtyard View

The space wasn't great inside the room. Wouldn't select the brekky for that price. If someone has walking difficulties then please don't select a room at the bottom bcoz there is no lift. But the stairs aren't too steep so overall I wasn't fussed.

The bathroom was very modern and very practical. Room is cozy and the ambience is pretty good. This is the best location if someone visits Firenze... Just loved the location... Everything close to walking distance and can't get lost easily. The staff is very helpful.I will never hesitate to visit this hotel again.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Double Room with View

Sometimes it sounded like there is no door to the room at all! You can hear how people walk and talk, even in the next room! Room cleaning starts after 7:30 in the morning, and it's the end of sleep, because you hear the rustle of bags and bucket knocks right after your door! Also, there was sound of water pipe coming right from the wall near the bed.

Various breakfast, amazing view from both room and breakfast terrace! Room was very clean, with big and comfy bed. First minibar set was included in the price.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Room a bit cramped and balcony small, but not a problem.

The location is excellent, overlooking the duomo. Staff very friendly and helpful. Good breakfast with a good choice. Great to relax with a beer on the terrace.

Browse Hotel Duomo Firenze traveller photo gallery