Reviews of Hotel Firenze 3 stars

San Marco 1490, Salizada San Moise', San Marco, 30124 Venice, Italy

#44 of 301 hotels in Venice

9.8

Pleasant, convenient, clean and beautiful sight.

Sincerely, I have no complaints.

The staff, unbelievable helpful and cordial. Their recommendations always the best. I will return to that hotel again.

Extremely poor for the price

Good location . Not enough staff .however staff very friendly . Breakfast was a extremely poor continental . Poor choice and standard . Very very tired hotel

Location is very close to San Marcos and the airport water...

Shutters on windows did not keep room dark, a particular issue with 5:30 sunrise in early July.

Location is very close to San Marcos and the airport water taxi stop. Staff were both friendly and helpful.

Everything at this gem of a hotel was wonderful !

All was great !!

Everything at this gem of a hotel was wonderful ! The location was perfect, the room and bathroom was very clean and attractive, the roof top terrace in the afternoon was perfect for the view and a glass of wine, and also the included breakfast was delicious, and just enough to start the day ! Andrea and Max were wonderful in giving us tips on Venice as to dinner and site venues ! We will definitely stay here again and recommend to friends !!

Beautiful hotel inside! Lovely ambiance, friendly staff!

The staff was wonderful, super friendly and helpful. Beautiful room, true to the photo and still amazing! Great location, and perfect hotel amenities such as breakfast, terrace, map and info given at the reception.

- beautiful room (like on hotel pictures)

- beautiful room (like on hotel pictures) - great continental breakfast + tasty sandwiches - nice, helpfull stuff, especially guys in reception - climatic 'life music' in the evening (just open the window) - chocolates & limoncetto;)

Quaint venetian hotel

Such a quaint hotel. Conveniently located close to the water bus to the airport & the main sights. Comfortable bed, decent sized bathroom. We had room 304 which was also a good sized room. The staff were amazing! Massimo who checked us in was especially helpful & kind - makes all the difference.

Amazing hotel

Bit noisy in a morning from the street and other guests. Would not stop me going back though.

Amazing helpful staff. Lovely big clean room with amazing bathroom. Great location. Would definitely come back.

Exellent!

The room was very cosy, comfortable and clean. And of course, you can't find a better location. Two minutes from the waterbus from the airport and the Dodge Palace and San Marco Place "in Your backyard". I felt like I was visiting friends in theire home - and the roof terrace must be a dream in the summer.

An all around great experience!

The location is amazing: a (very) short walk from Piazza San Marco and the airport shuttle boat. The staff if incredibly helpful and kind. The fruits, chocolates and biscuits left in the room were always a nice surprise after a long day. The room is nicely decorated and has all you could need. The panoramic terrace is a great sunset viewing spot.

We are profiloudnly

The heating system relies on heating and circulating dry and dusty air as a means to heat the room. I made the mistake of using it one night and awoke with a stuffy snotty nose and a dry, coarse throat which lasted 3 days.

The room we were provided with was the mostly newly renovated, lucky us! It was beautiful, spacious and tidy. The bathroom was awe inspiring, featuring a Calla Lilly like basin which was gilded beyond belief. The tiles were also gilded and the shower was one of the best, if not the best, we had ever been in. The hotel is located within the “High end” district surrounded by the likes of Gucci and Louis Vuitton. The proximity of the hotel to the St. Marks Square could not be faulted, a 1 minute walk would put you in the center of the square.

Great location - 2 min.

Great location - 2 min. to San Marco. Near to vaporetto stop - 2 min. Good breakfast. The rooms are not big, but there is everything you need. Changing the towels every day. The gays on the reception are helpful.

Lovely stay, great staff

There was very little not to like. The temperature in the hotel (we stayed in the winter time when it was about 10 degrees Celsius outside) was very high, room temperature was around 24 degrees. Even so, just opening the windows for a while fixed this quickly.

The location could not have been better, 30 second walk from the San Marco Square. The breakfast was excellent. The staff was very friendly, the gentleman at the front desk took a lot of time to show us what to do in Venice and help us plan out itinerary. The room was spacious and comfortable.

Great stay, excellent location!

Not the hotel’s fault but there was a lot of construction happening outside our room. It’s in a busy area so that comes along with it.

My husband and I had a wonderful stay at Hotel Firenze. The room was beautifully decorated, the staff were incredible. Very attentive and helpful. The hotel offered complimentary drinks and snacks on the terrace. Everyday, the hotel would leave a little treat in our rooms. The most spoilt we have been in all of Europe! Location is fantastic, lots of high end shops around. Restaurants and bars nearby. The St Marks Square is literally a minute walk away. Very convenient.

The room was much larger than expected.

There was a tiny bit of noise outside at times. But this is to be expected in the centre of Venice. It did not disturb our sleep.

The room was much larger than expected. We did pay more for the larger room. The bathroom and shower were amazing (best shower I’ve ever used). The bed is extremely comfortable and the welcome drink was much appreciated. Perfect location less than a minutes walk to St Mark’s square. The receptionist at the desk was amazing and gave us some great recommendations for restaurants and activities. We would definitely stay here again!

OK hotel, good location, noisy, too expensive

It is quite old and needs a refreshment. Windows are old and it is extremely noisy in the room, I was on the 3rd floor but still it was very very noisy from the street. It was also very noisy from the other rooms. Could be because of the old building, but they didn't alarm me on the reservation. The shower changed continuously, from hot to cold, could be because of old systems as well. The price was way too high for what we got, I think. The breakfast variety was good but quality was lacking. Breakfast staff were not nice. We had to pay for a triple room for a couple because of availability which wasn't great as well.

The location is good and the reception staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms are quite dated and need remodeling but were relatively clean

The room was warm and inviting because of the charming...

The noise from inside and outside the building was a bit intrusive.

The room was warm and inviting because of the charming Venetian decor. The staff were friendly and accommodating.

Pleasant Stay

The room was small like any other hotel in Venice.

Great location near San Marc Square, Great breakfast,very helpfull staff. The room was always clean and tidy.

Its excellent location and proximity to the water taxi stop...

Everything was great except for cold bread at breakfast. We wished there was a toaster to heat up the bread in the cold morning but understand this is not the practice in Venice.

Its excellent location and proximity to the water taxi stop and St Mark’s Square. Lots of restaurants and sights nearby within walking distance. The triple room was also spacious for 3 of us with our daughter. We really appreciated the friendly helpful concierge and breakfast staff in this hotel. The breakfast was a one-woman operation and super efficient from clearing, setting the tables, to refilling breakfast items and serving coffee and tea to all guests at lightning speed and with a smile. I would hire her in a flash if I was running a hotel myself.

Excellent location, nice hotel staff, clean facilities

Our particular room smelled like smoke. Our room had a balcony so it was a prefect room for smokers.

Great location. The hotel is very close to one of the main ferry stops so getting there from the train station was very easy. The hotel is also very close to ferries that take you to the airport. Our room was very clean and we appreciated the complementary cookies and fruits in our room. Nice breakfast. I really enjoyed the mini croissant sandwiches. Very helpful and friendly hotel staff.

Great Hotel in charming Venice

Me and my sister stayed at Hotel Firenze for three nights. The Hotel is really charming, a true gem in the center of San Marco. A good place to explore Venice since the vaporetto station is really just a minute walk away. The rooms are smaller but pretty, very clean, and it's very quiet at night so you can get a good night sleep. Breakfast is delicious and there's plenty to satisfy any needs. The rooftop terrace is sheer beauty, overlooking the city rooftops. I suggest you get up early in the morning before breakfast (which starts at 7:30) just to take a walk around the center since there are no crowds at that time (+ you can get a beautiful sight of a near empty San Marco square). But the best thing about Hotel Firenze is the staff. All are too friendly. One of the receptionists (Andrea) was really sweet, offering insider tips about anything that interests you about the city, where the locals eat, where the cool bars are, what parts/places are a must to explore and which ones to better avoid...He writes it all down on a map but be sure to listen well since he's quite a fast talker :-). I have to conclude that, especially since we didn't have a definite plan on what to do in the city except to visit the Biennale (the main reason for our visit), his recommendations made our stay just perfect. Thank you!

Best hotel in Venice - fantastic!

I don’t usually write reviews but this hotel deserves it. Fantastic hotel, location, room, staff, nothing to fault! I visited Venice for a wedding on another island but I arrived a day early by myself to explore the city. I stayed here for one night and it was fantastic. I was welcomed on reception by the most friendliest staff, so chatty and made me feel so welcome. The concierge took me to my room and carried my luggage, showed me around the room and invited me onto the roof terrace to have my complimentary welcome drink. The roof terrace is amazing, great views, beautiful flowers and so peaceful. I had a welcome bellini on the terrace. The reception staff took about 15 minutes to thoughtfully explain where I should visit in Venice, the best restaurants, boat trips, walks, thinking back I don’t know what I would of done without their help. When I arrived back that night after exploring, my room had been turned down with chocolates on the pillows. I stay in a lot of hotels for my job, and I only booked this one last minute not knowing what to expect but I was blown away by the value for money, the friendly English speaking staff, how they looked after me being on my own and the service. The room was lovely, I had a new refurbished en-suite and breakfast was simple but delishious. I am returning here next year and would recommend this hotel to anyone - don’t think twice just book! Location is perfect, you can walk absolutely everywhere. Smack bang in the middle. Thank you for a fantastic stay.

Friendly and clean beautiful rooftop deck!

We had to check out at 4:20am to get to the airport, very nice they left a packed breakfast in our room. Earlier they helped answer our questions about getting to the bus stop. They recommended a great place To eat for dinner.

Excellent and enjoyable stay

This hotel has only been opened a few weeks and it is very modern and spotlessly clean iPad controls for all the facilities in the bedrooms and very good Internet for the price advertised excellent

Fabulous Firenze!

Awesome location just over 100 metres from San Marco square. The staff were all exceptional....friendly and full of fabulous suggestions of what to see, where to dine and how best to get around. Very good continental breakfast....brilliant roof terrace....our room had a private balcony. All right in the heart of the action. I could not have picked a better property to stay at.

Charming, comfortable and convenient location in the heart of San Marco.

The room was a bit tight for us tall Americans, but cozy. Air conditioner could not keep up with the demand, but it was the peak of summer...

Staff was super friendly and helpful. Our host was obviously very proud of Venice and was eager to share as much info as possible. The breakfast included was excellent! We loved the location as it was only a couple of minutes to walk to San Marco Basilica/Piazza. Also an easy 5-10 minute walk to/from water bus for airport or train station.

We absolutely loved staying here.

We absolutely loved staying here. We highly recommend it. It was a fantastic location, energetic staff with lots of information and authentic advice for the area and served the best breakfast.

the breakfast was very poor; could be better.

the location was great; a few minutes away from the Piazza San Marco. the hotel had a classic style; but with modern and clean bathrooms. the staff were very friendly and helpful.

Excellent hotel in an understated location, first class service and room.

The hotel,was first class and we particularly liked the fact that there was a concierge on duty 24hrs and were very helpful with any little questions about almost anything. They were keen to make sure that the stay was perfect which it was.

Easy & convenient with great location.

Value for money for a single room was expensive but that is on location/timing of booking.

I only stayed one night in a single room due to last minute booking however the room was adequate and the breakfast was good the next day. The location is really great near the square and the windows do a brilliant job of locking out sound, day or night, if you want to sleep - you won't hear a thing!

Enjoyed our stay. I must say the staff were great and so helpful!

Terrace was a little disappointing. I thought there would be better views of sights of St. Marks not just bell tower. Bathroom adequate but a little small for 2 people.

Staff were great! Depended on them for info and recommendations. Always helpful. Great location after we located it. I would recommend to other travelers.

Great Location and Friendly Staff

This hotel is in a great location. Just a short walk to Piazza San Marco. The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. Good breakfast, great coffee and a nice rooftop terrace. It was a nice surprise to get sweets in our room after the cleaning each day. Highly recommend it!

Brilliant location and truly wonderful staff

Nothing I didn't like.

The location was superb. 2 minutes from St Mark's Square and close to the water bus and taxis. No lounge but a great roof terrace where drinks and snacks could be had. I had a single room which was compact but had everything I needed. Very quiet even though it was on a busy shopping street as access was through a small passage. The reception staff were exceptional, fiercely proud of their city and keen to offer suggestions on eating out, places to visit and what to avoid.

Great Location

Air Conditioning did not cool the room enough. A little hard to find the first time.

Excellent Location - Close to St Mark's Sq. - Helpful and attentive Staff. Close to stores.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Best place to stay in Venice

Room is a bit small, but I think it's standard in Venice.

Very convinent place and best location for tourist. Staffs are very kind and providing all information you need for your stay. The breakfast is good as a 3 star hotel, no hot food, but it's fine for us.

What a mistake

Booking. Com listed tea/coffee maker in room. False. City tax included in price. False. Coffee at breakfast is COLD. No iron or ironing board in room. Each service provided you pay extra. At $320 a night for a three star it's not worth the price. You pay extra for everything including drinking water at 3 euros a bottle. No lunch or dinner restaurant in hotel. Continental breakfast only.

Location was very good. Many attractions to see in Venice.

MAKE THIS YOUR OASSIS WHEN IN VENICE

Great location--right where the shops are a spitting distance from piazza san marco and the vaporetto station--and very helpful staff like Andrea and Terry!

Great location! Overall a very pleasant stay because the staff was so pleasant, helpful & friendly!

The room & bathroom were rather small & tight; had some difficulty moving around even though I was the only person occupying the room. But being in the room with a private terrace (at a small extra charge) gave me a greater sense of space & made it more pleasant. Breakfast was rather simple & monotonous, breakfast staff not friendly but I was surprised that there was Prosecco available at breakfast!

Hotel Firenze was really very centrally located which gave me the opportunity to wander around to all the various sites, catch the water taxis easily, etc throughout the day & night. The staff, especially Max, Andrea & the young man who saw to things in the room & brought me the welcome drink at the Rooftop (can't recall his name!) was really pleasant & helpful; gave excellent suggestions how to enjoy Venice. Max was very kind to send up a kettle & some tea/coffee making facilities; really appreciated that as i need to drink hot water first thing in the morning and last thing at night. The Roof Terrace was very pleasant with a good view.

The hotel is exceptionally well located as a central point...

Pillows and coffee...but that's a very personal thing.

The hotel is exceptionally well located as a central point for all the main attractions of Venice. Small and boutique style the staff are exceptionally helpful in guiding you to the places to go and those to avoid.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Location is perfect, in few steps to St.

Location is perfect, in few steps to St.Marco square and museums, vaparetto stop and shopping area. Special thanks to the hotel staff - very hospitable and professional. Especially we are grateful to the hotel reception team for kind help and useful information about real Venice ! Highly recommend to stay here.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Great hotel in the center

Venice is not a cheap destination and probably due to the huge amounts of tourists coming over , people have become less friendly in the city And in the shops. The very nice people we encountered were at the hotel.

The friendly staff were super helpful, they were happy to receive us. The space we got was very good in the rooms , and their terrace view is a must see. I definitely recommend this hotel , you are just in the middle of the St.Mark city center and next to the best shopping boutiques. Breakfast was rich and the staff are friendly and nice.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Very high quality 3 star hotel --- expensive, but quite reasonable considerting location

- no public space - small dining room (for breakfast)

- timely house keeping. two times a day. - fine European style furniture/room. - fine amenities - quick response to the requests - good terrace on the top

Clean charming hotel in a perfect location - very close to...

Room was a little small. Not in house restaurant or room service.

Clean charming hotel in a perfect location - very close to the ferry platform and San Marcos square.

Venice, Venice...be still my heart. Definitely coming back!

Can't think of anything!

GREAT location, very close to vaporetto stop, over the top friendly staff and clean and comfortable rooms!! Would stay here again.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Nest deal

I only stayed one night, which was a disappointment. No complaints, I am going back.

Everything was better than expected. The room was beautiful, spacious (by Venetian standards), and very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Charming hotel in an excellent location.

Air conditioning is not turned on until mid-April and we were there at the beginning of April. We would have liked to have the AC at night.

Very good selection for buffet breakfast. Easy access from bus boat and excellent location for San Marco and shops. Roof top area with nice views. We would definitely stay there again and recommend the hotel to friends.

Perfect location for eating, sites and boat transportation

breakfast was great. staff was so helpful at the front desk. Quiet for being only a few hundred yards from St. Mark's Square. Perfect location.

Friendly staff and fabulous location.

Three of us shared our room and our stay would have been even better with a little more space; the bath was also tiny!

Lovely staff; very good continental breakfast; excellent location for St Mark's Square and nearby area.

Very good choice for a short stay.

Fewer mosquitoes, and more insect repellent, there was none. Day and night street noise in lower floors.

Liked the staff, the location, the roof terrace, the breakfast, the bathroom, the balcony, the room in this decreasing order.

Disappointed

Hotel room is so small, totally different from the picture on Booking.com. The bed is not comfortable at all, the worst hotel I have ever lived, but the price is expensive, so not recommend it!

• Reviewed: 2 April 2017

Excellent location;

Acoustic isolation could be better. In the last day hot water was ending up in shower.

Excellent location; clean and comfortable room; very nice breakfast.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

Awesome location, watch for discount deals on Booking.com

We had to time our showers in the morning due to water running out when everyone using. The staff were very friendly but there were some eccentric characters.

The location was perfect- 2 minute walk to St Mark's Square and from nearest ferry stop.Breakfast was fantastic.Watch out for awesome discout prices on Booking.com to snap up a great value deal on this gem.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Eventually a lovely hotel with a lovely feel....

All was amazing

This place is such a quaint, gorgeous hotel. It is not overly grand but still classy enough to make you feel special. It should be a 4 star. The complimentary proscecco on the roof terrace was a lovely touch. We were in a supposed 3 star on the mainland originally and it was awful. Thank goodness we moved to Firenze.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

The location.

There is a reception guy who is annyoing guests with his personal offers for a paid trip on the city. Otherwise all other staff are extremely nice.

The location.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

like a friendly hug in Venice

I'm in absolute love with the hotel. When I came, I was absolutely tired, and the welcome was so warm just like a friendly hug. Marco helped with the luggage, showed the room and explained how to work with the conditioner. Breakfast was good, the view was to the canal. Beautiful sunsets and sunrises could be viewed from the terrace. I'll be back for sure!

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

The location is perfect, near from San Marco square and...

One staff member wasn't polite enough when I was trying to speak spanish. He didn't speak english and the communcation was terrible. The others members were very polite and friendly.

The location is perfect, near from San Marco square and around a lot of goo restaurants. The room is spacious (when comparing to others hotels in Europe) and cozy.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Excellent hotel and service, particularly from Mr Andrea.

Excellent hotel and service, particularly from Mr Andrea. Would recommend to anyone travelling to Venice and they help you with directions prior to arrival, maps and details of Venice itself to avoid tourist traps, and wonderful hotel service including complimentary drinks and food, cleaning rooms two to three times daily, and much more. A great location also and felt like we were at a 5 Star.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Excellent place to stay

No tea/coffee facilities in rooms- would be useful when no lounge area.

Very helpful staff with suggestions for places to visit, eat etc. Great location.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

excellent hotel

nothing, everything was great

very friendly staff and helpful in giving advice on sightseeing, wonderful breakfast, very comfortable bed, sweets or fruit in room when we returned every evening, given a going away present of lemon cream liqueur. very nice touch. would definitely stay there again, brilliant location

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Venise Visit

The only "bad point" is the noise. Rooms are not well acoustically insulated, you can here the noise from outside and also from you neighbors.

Really good atmosphere and a really warm welcome. The staff was really kind to explain in details everything about this city. Really good location, very easy to access.

Lovely welcoming historic hotel

Great location - 5 minutes walk from water transport, St Mark's and the Doges Palace. All the staff were lovely, so friendly and helpful. A staff member brought a goodnight chocolate round each night. The historic property features Murano glass chandeliers in all the rooms.

What was I thinking?

Intro: The guy who checked us in recommended a restaurant, unsolicited, and then gave us map from the hotel directly to it. It wasn't 100% clear that this was a commissioned referral until he also recommended a tour guide, unsolicited, and immediately got his book of written (photocopied, with no date) referrals for this tour guide. After about 5 minutes, actually 5 minutes, of politely entertaining the man's unabashed hustle, we discovered that the tour guide he was recommending was... Himself! Why are you showing us photocopied letters from your satisfied customers from an unknown date, sir? We used Rick Steve's tour guide app instead. It's worth every penny. Middle: We got to the room. It uses a metal key. They told us to leave the key at the front desk whenever we go out. That's understandable, it's a metal key and they don't want to be changing locks and copying keys all of the time. I just think that people should know what kind of place it is. I want to be able to come and go as I wish without checking in with hustleman. The room looked just like the pictures, though I thought they were going for a period look, not that everything was actually old. There was a big hairball on the ground. The safe in the closet was inoperable. There was a step to get into the bathroom. I thought my wife would immediately say we needed to leave, but she didn't. She put on her coat and went to bed. The room was freezing but we had been travelling all day and she's realer than I knew. It was very cold that night, colder than usual, so I understand the hotel is probably warm enough most of the time. The problem is the thermostat on the wall isn't real. It tells you the temperature but the up and down buttons only seemed to control my mood, as I was indeed turning up. I called the front desk and he asked me what temperature I wanted. It was late and I could tell that my call woke him from a nap.

The location is great. It's about as close to the square as you can get and right across from the Louis Vuitton store, which I thought was a good thing.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

Small hotel and difficult to find, there is no sign but just...

Extremely small and bad breakfast

Small hotel and difficult to find, there is no sign but just a logo written on a stone on the pavement. Nice staff and nice room

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

Same service as in 5 star hotel 😉

Nothing, all was great!!

Excellent customer service- wellcome drink, little chocolate on pillow next day ... just all was wow from location to breakfast.... will recommend anybody to go there....

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

Tiny room but it has everything

The bath tub has a problem so that we can't store water inside the tub.

The location couldn't be better. You can get to St. Mark' square in 3min. The staff is very friendly.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Lovely stay in Venice

We had a lovely comfortable spacious room. The bathroom was good. Everything at breakfast was fresh and delicious. Thank goodness no smelly cooked food! The staff were all very helpful and charming. Great location.

One of our best stay in Italy!

Absolutely nothing!

One of our best stay in Italy! Location is perfect! Breakfast is amazing! The bed is SUPER comfy and our bathroom has just been renewed, so PERFECT shower as well! We had free welcoming drinks, fruits, chocolates etc! You certainly know how to treat customers like kings :) congrats for the good job, guys!!

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Perfect spot to explore Venice

Can't think of something now

Every time I was going back to the room there was a little sweet surprise waiting for me. The people there are very very friendly and can guide and support you to get the best Venice experience.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Great location and friendly staff

The double bed was composed by two individual beds which is uncomfortable given that we paid for a double bed.

The location is fantastic just behind Plaza San Marco and close to every activity in the island. The staff was very friendly and helpful with great advices. The room was equipped with radio which makes the stay more fun.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

Magnificent hosts.

Rooms a little small but as expected in this great location.

Fantastic service! Welcomed with Prosecco and snacks on the terrace overlooking the city and fruit and biscuits in the rooms. Chocolate on the pillow at night. Spotlessly clean and incredibly friendly and helpful staff. Great location two minutes from the vaporetto dock and just behind St Mark's square. Very good breakfast. Great value for money with old fashioned service and hospitality with a smile. Outstanding!

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

Excellent choice in Venice!

I traveled with my wife and a child to our first experience in Venice, and this place had everything we wanted: -Location; within walking distance of EVERYTHING that is in Saint Mark's square. Except, places you need to travel by boat of course. -Price; stayed two nights for very cheap. -Excellent breakfast; no need to say more. -Great Staff; we got a family-felt welcome everytime we walked in to the building. Andreas will take very good care of you. -Cleanliness; 5* service, I'll leave it at that. We had a very good experience in Venice, and this Hotel played a key role in that. Definitely will recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

Staff were excellent!

Staff were excellent! Very friendly and helpful. Perfect location- just 50 metres up the street and you were in st marks square. Complimentary drinks on arrival and complimentary limoncello on departure! We loved our stay

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

A weekend in Venice

1. The room was a bit small but that is what you can expect in the centre of Venice. The bathroom was also not big but had everything one can need. 2. Since you are in the centre it can be noisy. However, when you close your window it is no real problem.

1. Excellent location, just behind San Marco square and close to the Alilaguna boat stop from the airport. 2. Very friendly and helpful staff. 3. Good breakfast with nice sandwiches and crispy mini croissants filled with fresh salade and bacon. 4. Nice views from roof terrace (and a bonus in summertime because you can sit there and have a drink). 5. Typical Venetian decoration in room (if you like that :-) ) and a mini bar (little fridge).

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

Hotel Firenze in Venezia

Very poor breakfasts even for a Venecian hotel, we have previously stayed in a couple of others.

Very central, San Marco square is just round the corner. Nice interior.Personel is helpful and ready to provide all the info you need. Good for the money we paid, but not worth it if no discounts offered.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

The hotel was in an excellent location near St Marks square.

There was nothing we didn't like. Everything perfect.

The hotel was in an excellent location near St Marks square. The staff were all very friendly and gave us lots of great details of places to visit away from St Marks.