Reviews of Hotel Giotto Flavia 2 stars

Via Flavia 84, Via Veneto, 00187 Rome, Italy

#561 of 921 hotels in Rome

• Double or Twin Room

We had a great time in Rome staying at Giotto Flavia Hotel. It is very convenient to transportation and to many places you will want to see. The street is quiet and there are some good restaurants nearby. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast tray that was delivered to our room each morning was heaped with good things

• Double or Twin Room

Being difficult, so-so wi-fi (but working, after all).

Wide and clean room and bathroom. Air conditioning and fan. Close to my destination. About 1 km from Termini central railway station. Very low price.

• Double or Twin Room

As we appreciate there is no restaurant or dining room at the hotel (as it is on 2nd floor of building) the breakfast wasn't what we expected to have it delivered to our room on a tray but it was nice though. Lovely coffee!

The location of the hotel was fantastic, close to the lovely cafe in the corner and couple of restaurants nearby. The staff during the whole stay was fantastic and very friendly, especially towards our 9 months old daughter providing milk and friendly faces.

• Double or Twin Room

I requested a double bed and it was just 2 single beds pushed together, didn’t really find it comfortable.

The Location is great, 10/15 minute walk from Termini station which has easy links to both airports, the staff were very friendly helping us find things we wanted to see, the room was very clean and cleaned everyday when we was out. Great value for money Definitely would recommend

• Double or Twin Room

Not keen on breakfast in bed, but that is a personal preference. The time that we ordered breakfast for, and the time it was delivered was somewhat erratic.

Lovely staff. Very Helpful. Great location. Easy to get to all major sites using metro and bus 62. Some fantastic restaurants in the same street. Great value for money.

• Double or Twin Room

• Rude and unhelpful staff - Elena at the desk - she doesn't know what the Hospitality is. • I requested an Iron - Elena said : "it's a 2 star hotel so they don't have" - provided after an hour. • I requested some toothpaste - Elena said : "it's a 2 star hotel so they don't have" - provided after an hour. • I requested a king size bed - they assigned a room with 2 single beds put together and I had to wake up in the middle of the night to put them back together. • Small and old furnitured room - small bathroom. • on Booking.com, under hotel facilities or services there are - #BREAKFAST INCLUDED (not a buffet : just 2 croissants, a hot drink, a yogurt, a glass of cheap chemical fruit juice and 2 slices of bread with some jam. No fruits No hot meals - they said : "it's a 2 star hotel so they don't have") #AIRPORT SHUTTLE ( hotel doesn't have any shuttle - they contact some driver and decide the price. When i asked about for some information, Elena at the desk said 55€ and she reserved it without my confirmation and tried to charge my credit card. When i was checking out she got pissed when I said I didn't confirmed the SHUTTLE and she refused to provide me the bill/invoice for what I paid - which is illegal.

• The location/ la posizione.

Far from the city center, rather cold in the room despite the ac running with incredible noise, the same breakfast every day

Ok neighbourhood (safe), rather good cleaning service in the room.

• Double or Twin Room

I loved it. I don’t have anything bad to say.

I liked the bed, breakfast being served at bed. The space and facilities. It was in town as well. Bus and train station was close. So many restaurants near us with atm’s as well. The staff were great as well. Even got my dietary requirements sorted.

• Double or Twin Room

Considering the 2 stars and the money you pay, the hotel was perfect. The only thing I have to say is the tax we had to pay. You must read the small letters before you book anything. Also my hairdryer wouldnt fit in the plug, so I had to use the hotel's that wasn't strong enough for my long hair. Anyway, I would totally recommend the hotel for your stay in Rome.

Overall the hotel did meet me and my partner's expectations. We had anniversary and they decorated the bed with petals. The breakfast was perfect and served in bed. The bed was comfy, the room was cleaned every day and the towels and sheets were changed frequently. The location also was a big plus, just 5 min walk to Reppublica that has a metro station, they hand you maps and you can easily find the locations you want to visit. The staff was really helpful and the Wi-Fi was free and fast.

• Double or Twin Room

There's no Wi-FI in the room. We have complained but they didn't provide any support and/or help. You need to use an elevator to reach the hotel but not an easy access. The elevator is very small, so only space for 2 persons, but not enough space for your suitcases. Very poor breakfast, the breakfast is provided in your room but there's only a quite small table (space only for one person), furthermore you can't choose your breakfast, neither the flavours of your yogurt, tea, etc. Forget about eggs, bacon, fruits, they don't provide it.

Poor service.

• Double or Twin Room

we didn't get a key for the safe in our room, so we used the hotel safe for passports. I like to put things like iPods and spare sunglasses in the safe in a room so I ended up carrying too much each day.

lovely staff, very helpful and attentive. The restaurants nearby are superb, as are the local shops for food. Great location as in close to Termini station. Borghese Gallery, good bus service across to St Peter's and Piazza Venezia what more could you want.

• Double or Twin Room

The hairdryer was very poor - hot smoke smelling air with little drying power which got too hot to hold after a couple of minutes. No tea and coffee making facility in the room.

• Double or Twin Room

The room we wanted was with a view of the street, but we got one with no view, only a window to the back of the building. They told us we had to wait another hour if we wanted one with a view. The room was very noisy. The door was like a piece of paper. The breakfast was only sweet, so the pictures are wrong. Very small room, at least the one we got.

The receptionist was very kind and helpful. She helped us with any information we needed. The room was very clean. Great location. We were able to leave our bags there until check in and even on the last day, after the check out, as our plane was at 9 in the evening. Tasty breakfast in the room, but only sweet.

• Double or Twin Room

In one room the mini fridge was not working and a sandwich from the previous guests was left there which had quite bad smell but the staff immediately took care of it when I mentioned. Another little minus is that although the breakfast was tasty, only sweet pastry was available, with some ham/salami/cheese/vegetables it would have been perfect.

We stayed here for 2 nights with my family in 2 rooms. The hotel is only one floor in a bigger building, but well located, the bus stop is 2 minutes walk away and the Repubblica metro station about 10 minutes. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the rooms were spacious and comfortable, although the furniture was not the newest. I can highly recommend it for those who like to stay in the city centre but don't have too luxurious expectations.

• Double or Twin Room

The staff was amazing. We enjoyed our breakfast in bedroom and it was a great value for money. The Location is approximately 1,8km far from Colloseum, thus we had a nice night walk to see the sightseeing! Everyday we had clean and new equipment for our room! It's sure that I will visit Rome and Giotto Flavia again! Finally, Mohamed picked us up to the airport and we spent our time with him with a lot of great city view until the airport !

• Double or Twin Room

The location is great. It's in a nice neighbourhood with awesome restaurants. Everything we wanted to do and see in Rome was within walking distance. The staff were professional and heaps of fun. They made our stay really enjoyable.

Owner/ manager was quite rude, rest of staff good. Owner attempted to add shelf to bathroom during our stay, metal shelf was screwed I to electric wires resulting in me getting electrocuted. Breakfast was full of sweets not many alternatives.

Room was air conditioned , hotel had elevator , room was peaceful, lot of restaurant around.

Limited breakfast selection, mostly croissants and pastry with cornflakes and toast. There was also different flavoured yoghurt, all kinds of hot drinks and pineapple juice. However having breakfast at the hotel was a great convenience.

Very central location, next to Roma Termini and a high street of the best restaurants, cafes, clothing stores and gelaterias. Definitely recommend visiting Come il Latte which is a gelato store the road behind the hotel. Reception was open 24/7 and the staff were very helpful with sightseeing recommendations, requests and even organised airport travel. The facilities were very clean, our rooms had an air con and fan.

• Double or Twin Room

the rudest maid ever, however,the rest of the staff really kind and helpful,especially the man working the whole night shift.

comfortable bed good breakfast

• Double or Twin Room

We were really satisfied. Hotel is in nice quiet area, breakfast is typical italian, only sweet.Very close to metro and bus stop, but all is in walking distance. Room was spacious and bed comfortable. All very nice and clean. The staff was very friendly, mainly Elena, who is really kind, sweet and generous person and she helped us a lot. Grazie di cuore Elena again!:) Recommended. Absolutely good deal.

• Double or Twin Room

The breakfast consisted of several types of sweet pastry and jams - too much sweets for our taste. No cheese/ham/eggs. The wi-fi worked very poorly.

The hotel's location is great - 10-12 minutes walk from Termini station, in a nice quiet area, with several restaurants, ice cream shops (gelateria) and a supermarket. We like to walk, so in our 3 days stay we only used the subway once, when our little girl was really tired. The room was spacious and clean, with comfortable beds and air conditioning. Staff was very friendly and helpful. They kept our luggage safe for several hours before check-in (first day) and after check-out (last day). Great value for money.

This Hotel is on second floor of building which it shares with other ?! Staff was rude and we felt more like an inconvenience than welcomed guest. The breakfast area was not air-conditioned and uncomfortably hot. Wi-Fi was free but had no English speaking news channels.

Beds were comfortable. Breakfast decent.

• Double or Twin Room

The wi-fi wasn't work so good but who wants to stay on telephone when you are in holiday?

Well, it's a good place to spend few days in Rome. The receptionist was very kindly, she speaks English very well. I arrived very early in the morning because my flight was at 6 am in the morning, and she give me a room to get change, put my luggage, make a shower before leaving to visit Rome. Room was so clean, i've had a best view, also if you want to do some yoga, you can go right in the next building. It's a classic room but very comfortable and clean as well. Also, after check-out, she keeps my luggage in a room because my flight was in the night and I wanted to spend more time in Rome. The staff is very kindly, the place is quite and lovely!

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Double or Twin Room

There is nothing spectacular about the hotel, just the basic needs are covered. Nothing wrong with that. Perhaps it's just the fact it is Rome. It must be more expensive in this city and, therefore, the money spent does not get as much.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. They offered maps, directions, and city visit routes. They also let me know where the laundromat was. To top it off, they helped me get a taxi to the airport in less time than I can blink, literally!!! (2min) !!! It was a lifesaver!

The photos of the rooms are very flattering. In reality the rooms are not bad.. but not as new as you would expect from seeing the pictures.

Location, staff, dimension of room.

• Double or Twin Room

Far away from the real center Small and old room, not comfortable bed The housekeeper changed the places of my stuffs Hot water came after 5 minutes You can hear every single conversation at reception if you stay ground floor

Very close to termini Very close to bus stops Safe place Cleaning

1) DO NOT COUNT on breakfast! Seriously! Only eatable thing is yogurt with serial. Other options - dry toasts or bakery, coffee from coffee machine which really sucks or juice from juice machine which feels more like accid. Eat somewhere else, it's really not a problem in Rome. 2) Our room in particular really need some rennovation.. Still it's fine and kept very clean. 3) Every night at 00:00 a rubbish collection machine comes.. And it's terribly loud.. Still not something, which hotel staff can handle. But still it was a pretty nice place to stay.

It's pretty nice, but not an awesome place to stay. Very friendly staff. They even have umbrellas for free in case of rain. Keeping everything very neat and clean.

• Double or Twin Room

The room was clean and comfortable (tv, minibar, hair dryer etc). Breakfast was very tasty. Breakfast room is located on the next floor (3rd). From the hotel we made 10 min on foot to Trevi Fountain. Bus stop is near. The hotel is located at the second floor of the building. The building is like all buildings in Rome, old. The hotel inside is new. We had a great time in Rome.

• Double or Twin Room

The breakfast would be better (no variety and bread was not fresh)

The staff is really kind, friendly and helpful.we were also able to leave our luggages, and pick them up hours later after we check out. They also changed towels everyday and the room was tidy.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

The breakfast was terrible. The bathrooms small. The internet was in and out--mostly out, and there was no hot water at two separate times over the three days. Overall everything was good. I would go again.

The place was clean and ready for us. We were welcomed and given extra towels when we asked.

A bit noisy.

The room was okay for 2 stars, clean, the staff very friendly and the breakfast was also tasty. The location is in the centre and close to many touristic objectives, close to public transportation and to the shops.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Not much information on how to reach the hotel, is easy to confuse it with Hotel Flavia

Good location, not far from Termini station, value for price was fair

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Be aware that Rome can be a noisy place with frequent sirens and late night revellers in the streets, thus it might be advisable to pack earplugs. The coffee served with breakfast wasn't to our taste.

Adequate breakfast served in the room. Bed comfortable, shower hot. Overall the building is kept clean. The staff are very friendly and helpful and quite laid back. There are a pick of restaurants in the area, and the gelato shop one street away is a must.

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

The corridor of the suites had not been cleaned for a long time, the carpet was filthy. The hotel does not seem to have a vacuum-cleaner. The beds were not comfortable. The wi-fi functioned rarely. There was only one key to the room. The photos at the booking.com site are not realistic. The owners had placed three beds in a room for two. It does not function with three beds.

The bath-room was OK, but did not get warm water one day. The cleaning lady was polite.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

old, very outworn and therefore soiled bathroom and sleeping-room the rooms are in an extra-building with includes rooms of several hotels and which was not well-signposted as Hotel Flavia

Solid quality of beds; friendly personnel

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

we had a room beneath a dinerroom so in the moen morning it was very noisy.Like the People where in our room.

room was ok,bed also. cleaning was onog time and tiny. location near the central station.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. My mother and I stayed at Hotel Giotta Flavia and the room we had was nothing like the pictures. It was small and dark and although it was tidied, the bathroom had mold, shower was leaking and sink and shower wouldn't drain. Since we were staying just three days and wanted to make the most of the city, we didn't bother to ask for another room as it would've meant to wait until check-out time. But worst of all... BED BUGS. On the second morning of our stay, while in bed, I noticed a little dark dot moving next to me. I squished it... and it looked like it was filled with blood. I wondered if it could be a bed bug, and we checked around the bed and mattress and didn't find any other signs. That evening, as my mother was sitting in bed, a full-grown adult bed bug started crawling onto her. It was, unfortunately, unmistakeable. We wrapped it up into a tissue and I ran out to show the concierge. He seemed concerned about it, but not too surprised. It seemed like this is certainly not a first-time encounter. I tried to be polite about it and asked what to do now. He just shrugged his shoulders. I asked, if perhaps, we can swicth rooms, or something, but he replied that the hotel was booked. At this point, it was nearly midnight and we were leaving for the airport at 6 in the morning, but the thought of sleeping in a bed bug infested room was horrifying. After some time, he offered that nearby he can put us up in a room. I double-checked, "Are you sure that one doesn't have bed bugs?" And he assured me that, no... So we packed our bags and he took us to a deserted hotel on one floor of a building(red flag #1). He gave us the keys and left and there was not one soul there. Again, at first glance, it was a tidy room, but on the wall and sideboard of the bed there were large smatters of what looked like blood(red flag #2). Either there was a murder there or they were dealing with a very large infestation.

• Double or Twin Room

There is no visibility of the hotel name on the street, we used the GPS to arrive there.

The hotel has a very good location, is close to most of the touristic attractions. We stayed for 3 days and we walked almost every day to visit the city center. The breakfast was good and served in the room (there is no restaurant hall). The room was very clean and Elena from the reception gave us all the necessary information to make the most of our visit.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Would have preferred had they pre authorized my card, which led to some awkwardness when we had to check out early to catch a train.

Good location. Based on my research, good value for money. Hearty breakfast.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Sometimes we had problems with wi-fi. Room was a little bit darker than on photos.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. We were offered the early breakfast on the check-out day (thanks for it). Daily room cleaning was thorough. Perfect location on calm street with good restaurants closed to the city center.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The staff were very friendly and helpful, the breakfast was very good, served in our room. For us the location was just right, away from but close enough to the main interests in Rome which could be reached by foot or local transport. Their were several excellent restaurants within easy walking distance of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

1)The wifi didn't work. The signal in the room was perfect but the password supplied was incorrect and the girl at the front desk said she didn't know... just that it should work. It didn't. That was the only thing we didn't get great help (or any help) with. In the end we ended up using another hotel's wifi but had to go out into the hall to get it!

1) The staff were very friendly and very helpful in all things but one (see the cons section). 2) The breakfast was fantastic! Way more food than we expected :) and really yummy! 3) The room was spacious and very clean. Cleaned to the highest standard every day. 4) Location was pretty good. Within walking distance (15 minutes) of Roma Termini but far enough away that it's in a nicer area. 20-25 minute walk to major attractions or take the train and be there in 10 minutes instead. The nearest train station is a 5 minute walk away :) 5) When we arrived there was already a cot set up in our room for our baby which was amazing :) Seems like a small thing but when travelling with a 4 month old, these little things are massive! :)

• Double or Twin Room

The wifi wasnt the best it kept cutting out but we didnt mind too much as we were rarely in the hotel in general

Staff were very friendly from the minute we arrived. Gave us the information on how to get to and from the tourist attractions by foot and public transport. Would recommend to everyone

• Reviewed: 12 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The bed mattresses were extra firm, too hard for us. There was no choice of breakfast items, since you receive a breakfast tray in your room. The bath was very small, it was hard to fit yourself on the toilet and the shower box entrance was so small that my overweight family member had a hard time getting inside.

Location is good, room was fairly large with high ceilings. Clean place.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Be prepared to walk, location is approximately within 20min walk to trevi fountain and old city. Slightly dated interior and bathroom.

Rooms were cleaned everyday and fresh towels and toiletries given.some great restaurants and delis just on the door step of the hotel

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Breakfast in bed was a real treat and they took us having a young child with us into consideration when serving breakfast. Close the main metro/bus station, really nice restaurants around the hotel.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

One disappointment was the size and the condition of the washroom.

This hotel is really a reasonable choice if you do not intend to spend too much money on accommodation. It's clean, location is quit central around 15 min's walk to the Termini Train station and lastly very helpful staff. The air conditioning was ok.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

The shower is tight , room out dated and u have to wait a bit for elevator.

The hotel location is excellent , breakfast is great and all staff are helpful and friendly.

Small elevator.

Close to Termini. Clean, elegant and large room.

Need to wait 15 min. before get hot water..but not always

Quite

• Double or Twin Room

The glasses in the room were filthy. Sticky with lipgloss.

Staff were very friendly and breakfast served in the room was handy.

• Double or Twin Room

The friendly and nice people always ready to help. Nice breakfast in bed and the central localization

• Double or Twin Room

We had a hard time with my wife’s asma due to her allergies, as well as to communicate with the staff.

• Double or Twin Room

The breakfast could have been better, as it includes only sweet food

The bed was comfortable

• Double or Twin Room

It would be great to have a kettle in the room.

Very clean and comfortable, good location.

• Double or Twin Room

The smell of the linens... towels... :(

Liked the position! Close to fabolous food!

very nice and friendly staff, excellent breakfast in room,confortable with children.definitely deserve 5 star .

Bed and Shower

Friendly - Good service

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast could have been better

Bed was comfy and loads of room - found a english channel on tv

Nice services. Kind staff. Very clean. Good location

• Double or Twin Room

Unfortunately only sweet Italian breakfast was served. Weak wifi signal.

Good location. Very good cleaning service in the room every day.

• Double or Twin Room

Noisy aircon, poor wifi, some equipment in bathroom didnt work properly

• Double or Twin Room

Great location, worth the price and welcoming host. I will definitely choose them again.

• Double or Twin Room

Nothing bad, everything I liked.

The treatment of the staff and the city in general left me with cravings to return and stay at this hotel

• Double or Twin Room

Very nice hotel, close to city center. Friendly staff, clean and comfortable room. Everything is exelent for this price.

• Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was really poor, only sweet croissants, corn flakes, bad juice and milk.

• Double or Twin Room

The personnel can be more sympathetic and flexible.

Rooms and hotel very clean, and good cleaning everyday.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Staff was very nice and helpful

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

• Double or Twin Room

small shower/bad heating-a/c/no balcony/poor breakfast

Staff/Location/clean towels every day

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

Vi took triple room, The third bed was uncomfortable

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

The same breakfast every-day. Old furniture.

Location & amability of the reception persons.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

bad wifi.

smily kind people. good location. breakfast in room. clean but not that nice smell of sheets/blankets.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

it is quite far from the center (30 min walk)

The breakfast was served in the room!

• Reviewed: 11 September 2016

Dark and dingy room with poor wifi

Location is ok and convenient for station. Cheapest room we had in Italy

Browse Hotel Giotto Flavia traveller photo gallery