Reviews of Mokinba Hotels King 4 stars

Corso Magenta 19, Milan City Centre, 20123 Milan, Italy

#314 of 424 hotels in Milan

• Double or Twin Room

The Rooms were very small and there were no coffee or tea making facilities in the room. The door would not lock and looked as though it had been forced and broken into It was a way from the main city area although there was a stop for the "hop on hop off" bus close by and a good coffee shop close by.

• Double or Twin Room

The breakfast could be better for a 4 stars hotel. But it was ok.

Good location, comfortable bed, nice staff. Very close to Santa Maria delle Grazie and 10 minute walk from Milano Domme. Good value for the money. Yes, I would recomend this hotel to a friend.

• Double or Twin Room

Terrible to have the check out at 11H and if you stay more you have to pay a lot! the late check out even of one hour is charged!

very nice location, very clean room and the wifi was good. very interesting to have the daily newspaper in the room. nice room decoration. The staff should be more customer oriented and more diplomatic.

- room tiny - only one window facing the inner building where garbage was stored - mattress extremely worn out, huge cavity in the middle, inficating it hasn't been changed in a very long time.. - staff would scream across the hall at 8 AM in the morning - shower was so tiny, I could not move in it - old and used up furniture and blankets

- location

The beds are not so comfortable but besides that, it was a pretty good room

Great location in the center of Milan. Walking distance from anywhere. The staff was very nice and helpfull.

• Double or Twin Room

Staff could be nicer tho. And breakfast should be included for the price payed.

The hotel is located in the center of Milan, next to Cadorna station. It is clean and comfortable. Easy to find.

Staff were not helpful or friendly. One man in particular no smiles or even eye contact. Was too busy googling stuff. Clearly didn’t want to deal with people.

Location was good. Found great places to eat and drink near by

• Double or Twin Room

Super small room !! The atmosphere is a bit wonna be fancy....but in a cheap way!

The room was really small ...and the Hotel was bad tasty decorated !!

• Double or Twin Room

The facilities, with the amount of that price, we should have better for our stay.. Maybe they just sell the location, but im not expert about rating, but for me its costs more than what i got. Thankyou

I Like the location, very near with public transportation.

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast not good. We went out and skipped their breakfast. Checkin guy was really unpleasant (think hes over worked )..personnel not helpful but at least pleasant and tv had not one english channel

Location perfect for sightseeing..room fine..wi fi good...2 blocks from train station

My friend was not allowed to look arround my room for couple of minutes. she was asked for additional funding. 9 Euro for breakfast was belated news for me.

Location is great.

• Double or Twin Room

The front desk man wasn’t very helpful when I checked in. I asked for a map to get acquainted with the area which he didn’t bother to help show me anything or recommend where to go/what to see. Seemed disinterested in answering any questions I may have had.

Great location, clean, warm.

The elevators were difficult to call, the male person at the reception was not trained properly to work with people, he was not attentive to the details on the invoice that he filled in.

good location, the room was clean.

• Double or Twin Room

Great place! Very nice, I would say better than on the pictures. The personnel was really helpful. One of the best point is also the location. Very convenient, central and on the same time quite.

• Double or Twin Room

No hot water on night we checked in until around 9am the next day. Front desk staff was rude when asked when we would have hot water back.

Location - walking distance to the Duomo

• Double or Twin Room

The lifts are old and very small, and, to get to them, you have to carry your bags a few steps up

The hotel is sotuated in a very good place, right in the city centre and near to Cadorna station. The breakfast is excellent! Wi-fi works very well.

In the room, there r no kettle, so I cannot boile water by myself.

Staff was super kind and warmful. They will help to copy my travel document and serve hot water for free.

• Double or Twin Room

Morning reception staff was not very polite. and breakfast was just basic.

The location is very nice. City center in walking distance. Overall good value for money.

• Double or Twin Room

Walls are too thin, i can hear couple next door talking, noisy main road. Breakfast is too limited. Not many choices to eat from. Staff at receptions are not welcoming. No hospitality. Quite helpful though.

Perfect location, reasonable price, security is very tight. Safe. Classic decoration.

Noise. On first night, I got a very noise room, which kept me awake whole night. They did change my room next day to another inside room. The reception staff wasn't very friendly and acted bit jerk.

Location is the only good thing about the place. The facilities are quite ok. I wouldn't recommend it unless you are short on budget and looking for a central place.

• Double or Twin Room

There was no English speeking TV news channel set.

Close to the train station Cadorna Close to the business partner I visited Close to the city center

• Double or Twin Room

Firstly I requested a room with a view, which I understand is not always possible but I was extremely disappointed to be placed in room 114. The problem begin at 4am when we were awoken by the very loud noise outside our window of metal crates being moved. I endured this on 3 occasions before calling reception to advise we could not sleep with the noise. We got the disgusting response “it’s the linen/laundry - what would you like me to do about it I won’t stop them working”. We finally fell asleep again at 6:30 when we were again awoken about 6:45 by the cleaning staff who were using the cupboard right outside 114. They were roaring at each other making unnecessary noise when they were aware that they work in a hotel where people come to sleep. We got some sleep finally around 10am but we were awoken by reception calling to tell us to get out it’s check out time. How rude!! Last but certainly not least we had 2 bottles of water and a juice from the mini bar which was clearly priced at 6 euro on the menu. The receptionist tried to pull a fast one by charging 9 Euro but backtracked immediately once I questioned him. Also on check out another couple was also complaining as they had already moved rooms 3 times due to issues.

Nothing - Terrible hotel

The WiFi did not work in the evening, only in the morning. In my room, over the street, one can hear the traffic, including the tram.

Interior decoration was nice. Room was clean. Nice bathroom.

• Double or Twin Room

The staff was extremely rude. The room we made the reservation was not the one we got. When we pointed it out, no reaction or answer we got from them.

• Double or Twin Room

I saw 3 staff at the reception through 2 days, I found none of them are polite or nice. Their talk was just words like "check in?" "your ID" "2nd floor". Keys were thrown to me at check-in, my payment was handled while they were on the phone at check-out. No "thank you" "please".

The room was big for one person, dog was accepted without problem. (5 euros charge) Surrounding was safe and active.

• Double or Twin Room

breakfast room closes too early at 9.30am and items finished after 9am were not replenished. room was near lift. good thing it was not working. toilet position too narrow. room on first floor was rather noisy with trams

bed was comfortable room was good size

Toilet cover cracked. Basin waste slow. TV set ridiculously high up and small, although as it was showing Italian and Spanish TV, it really didn't matter. And I don't get on with Milaneses mosquitos.

Location good. Bed comfotable. Shower okay after some fiddling.

• Double or Twin Room

Very very small room (hardly enough room to open your suitcases). Slightly expensive for what it is but milan is expensive in general

Good location. Great to have 3 mirrors!

• Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was quite simple, by European standards, but acceptable - with fresh orange juice!

This hotel is old fashioned, the decor seems out of a movie, but all in all it was confortable and pleasant. Most importantly, the location was absolutely perfect: about 15 minutes walk from the cathedral, but very close to the castle and its museum.

Not a 4* hotel. It is a 3 star at most. The rooms and corridors are quite small and life is tiny (barely enough for 3 people). Public bathroom on 3rd floor and none on downstair as you would expect in any hotel. Simple hotel with good value for money in pricey Milan. I paid 70 euros for a single room.

Mokinba is a simple hotel that does the job. The location is excellent only a 5 mins walk from Cardona station (with direct link to Malpensa Airport). It is ideal for a short stay in Milan and a good base to explore the city. Staff is helpful and room clean.

• Double or Twin Room

2/3 staff i dealt with were friendly. The gent at the counter seemed to bother to smile and wanted to let you know he didn't have interest in you however he get all that was required done.

2/3 staff i dealt with were friendly. Great Position.

• Double or Twin Room

We were celebrating our friend's 60th birthday and we asked if the hotel could make his room the best available....and they did which was a great surprise and very kind of the staff. Whatever requests that we asked at reception they went out of their way to accommodate - First rate service.

• Double or Twin Room

- The room was small, old-fashioned and worn-out - Breakfast was not good and served in a very warm, stuffy room in the basement - The service was not good. The desk manager was moody and arrogant

+ Nice location in the center of Milano, close to most things we needed

• Double or Twin Room

Window - too small, no view. Balcony - not usable. A noisy air conditioner behind the window. Telephone alarm each morning though we told we didn't want it. The staff was not pleased to hear about our problems.

The room was not so clean, the sheets had little dark spots all over, apparently from the AC, which by the way was super old and noisy, and not really cooling down the room. We stayed 2 nights and the last morning there was no hot water. The restroom looked also not so clean, with some stains on the sink.

The hotel is well located, not far from the Duomo and the park Sempione. Good restaurant options around and the parking was very good, although it was a bit far from the hotel. Breakfast was good, buffet for €9 with fresh fruits, ham, cheese, hard boiled eggs, cereals, cakes, breads, coffee and tea... and to highlight: freshly squeezed orange juice.

The reception staff was rude. One of the reception staff members was speaking over the phone in filth when I was checking out. Very impolite and rude.

• Double or Twin Room

The tourist tax was not included in the initial price although I think this is the same in all Italy.

The location was great and the street in front of the hotel was quiet.

• Double or Twin Room

Bathroom bin hadn't been cleaned from previous occupants. Staff weren't particularly welcoming or nice. Although the bed was fine, only 1 rock-hard tiny pillow provided for each person.

Excellent location, only 10 minutes to Duomo. Wifi was pretty good.

Hotel take payment from my card twice :12.07.17 and 16.07.17, steel don't give me it back. for family with baby and stroller is difficult everywhere stears , staff don't help

Location only

• Double or Twin Room

I had to go to the birthday the same day I arrived and needed to iron my shirt. Pretty common problem. Receptionist told me they don't have irons and they only provide laundry service in the morning and they can't help me with my problem. I was surprised they failed to solve such a common problem and didn't even try to find a solution.

Location is great, easy access to Cadorna and walking distance from Duomo

• Double or Twin Room

The beds are very uncomfortable, I barely could sleep because of this.

Very well located, very clean, great internet connection and very friendly and great staff. They were very helpful and provided us great experience.

The breakfast could be served for a longer period of time. It ends at 9:30am which, for me, is kind of early since I'm spending time vacationing.

Not sure about the breakfast because I missed it, but the staff was really nice, helped me print a ticket for the concert I was going too. Also the hotel itself is VERY convenient, close to Cadorna's station that can take you pretty much everywhere in the Lombardy area, there's nice places to eat like having breakfast at Panini Durini or an amazing gelato at Massimo. The bed was good for one night, the bathroom was very clean and the decor was ok. Overall that's gonna be THE SPOT to stay at Milan next time I'm going for a short trip on a budget.

• Double or Twin Room

The staff very rude and unwelcoming. No WiFi, they just promise things that don't exist and there is no one to talk to, we were told that it is our problem. They just write everywere around the hotel how important the customers are for them, wich is very far from reality. Never received such a terrible treatment. !The only good thing was the location but it is definitely not worth it

• Double or Twin Room

There are no kiosks open at night around; however, that's the case for the central area of Milano.

The location was brilliant, the staff extra friendly and speaking multiple languages. The room was spacious and very nicely furnited. The beds were very comfortable!

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The room and room facilities were awful and well below a 4 star standard. The room was about 3 metres square with a very small desk, no suitcase stand and no space to store suitcases out of the way and a TV bolted to the wall in one corner. The single chair in the room was rocky and about to fall apart. The lock on the sliding shutters did not work so the shutters could not be held shut. The minibar was not restocked daily and there was no customer record sheet to help account for items consumed. No tea or coffee making facilities. No English language TV for news etc. Bathroom ~ 2.3 metres square with a 800mm square shower that could only be reached by squeezing past the bidet and was too small to allow a tall slim male to access his feet to wash them properly. The basin drain plug was disconnected from its operating linkage and the basin had a cigarette burn on it. There were no instructions fro the air conditioning which we could not get to work so the room was unbearably hot unless we kept the window open and lived with the traffic noise and fumes. One of the two lifts was out of action and the other lift was very slow and very small- barely room for two people with a suitcase. Because the lift was so slow we used the fire escape stairway on multiple occasions. On every occasion there was laundry or maintenance materials partially obstructing the staircase landings. The carpet in the public area was dirty and worn through/torn on one of the stairs leading to the lift.area The only breakfast available was a continental one: there was no cooked food. Sadly the hotel failed to live up to its espoused ethos.

The location was good, 10 mins walk from the city centre. The hotel reception staff were cheerful and helpful The double bed was a proper double bed not two singles pushed together. The wardrobes were good and well stocked with hangers. There was a notice on the wall by the lifts espousing an ethos of providing an excellent customer experience.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Reception staff pretentious and self important. Rather than feeling welcome it was an imposition on them. Location not ideal for access to sights or restaurants.

The hotel is a hotel. Nothing exceptional unfortunately.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Smells bad from the entrance At our arrival a man as completely drunk and faded out in the entrance lobby Old non maintained furnitures Our room's door wasn't closing / opening properly you can hear people talking from other rooms so uncomfortable

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Most important: the reception cocky unfriendly impolite unwilling to help. As we arrived: the accommodation does not have any parking facilities and we knew it. There is a modern parking house about 500m from the hotel. What we did not know was that the price for the guests was reduced at 25 euros per night (which was already very expensive) and normal price 28 euros. As we asked the reception were to park he did not tell us that the hotel offers entrance bons, so in the end we had to pay 15 euros more. The rooms dont have any sound isolation at all. We did not book breakfast there and i think it was a good decision because italians are nit famous for their breakfast. There are plenty of Cafés right next to the hotel however. The rooms have tv but you can see only italian programms. There is not even one programm in english or other language. Internet is so slow like in the stone age. Alltogether avoid this hotel it will ruin your stay in this beautiful city.

The location of the hotel is good so as the neighborhood. The rooms were clean. Unfortunately the negative aspects were more important and alltogether we do not recommend by all means this hotel.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

If you take a taxi from the airport go with a metered taxi from Linate it is about 40 euros cheaper than the taxi that you can arrange from the hotel

I loved the decor of the rooms it's very Italian and very cosy with all amenities you would require as a traveler

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• Double or Twin Room

We asked for a taxi to the airport and they arranged transportation with a local driver and toke the money at the lobby which started at 110Euro that they demanded in cash (taxi fair is 95). the driver tried to brake the sound barrier on the way at 160KpH, it was scary

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

On arrival staff Couldn't find our booking Questioned if we had a booking or 'is it under another name ' ???? Cold water for 24 hrs No communication re this

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel's building is small, but other than that it's great.

Perfect location (10 min by foot to Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II and Duomo cathedral, 10 min to the castle Sforzesco, 6 min to Leonardo's "Last supper" and vineyard, the metro station Cadorna is just a few min away as well). Very polite and helpful staff, nice hotel interior.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The shower was really small and the bed wasn't comfortable enough for 4 star hotel. Also, the AC wasn't cooling the room, it felt like a fan.

The location was good and the shutters were really useful to isolate the noise from the street.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

Not to bad.. But guy at checkin was very rude.. Clearly doesn't know what customer service is.. Other members of stuff were nice.. Overall all not bad..

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Booking was made with breakfast included, however they billed separately too and said booking.com made a misstake.. Others had the same problem while checking out.

The place where it is is excellent for weekend travellers. "Everything" on a walking distance.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

- Worst staff I have ever seen in any hotel. - Parking is too far from hotel and there is no one to assist you for your luggage.

Location of this hotel was good.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

- Sometimes a receptionist was a bit inappropriate - they call me for check-out despite I'm genius member and could have the right to late checkout - furnitures of the hotel are a bit old

- Location - they allowed me to keep the luggages there

• Reviewed: 19 June 2016

The hotel staff (at reception desk) was very rude. I requested info on exchange rate from USD to EUR, and the reply literally was "we are not a bank"...not a nice reply.

Well located, nice and clean.

Staff is rude and not welcomed. No smile no thankfulness. be much better if they will smile and express their respect to the client.

The staff eas excelent.

Everythink

• Double or Twin Room

No kettle and towels smelt damp

Comfy beds and good location

• Double or Twin Room

Staff are so unfriendly and not helpful, the hotel style and furniture are so old and had to be renovated

The location is the only good thing.

• Double or Twin Room

Room and shower was too small

Always clean

Room was too hot

• Double or Twin Room

Non very friendly staff at the reception, not willing to help

The room was small. No Wi-Fi in my room. The chocolate on my mini-bar was half eaten.

Great location. Very friendly staff. Very clean room.

The windows of the bedrooms are not so sound proof as they should, particularly if you are staying on the first floor.

Breakfast can be improved.

Good location, nice staff, comfortable bed and shower.

Everything was exellent! 🙃

Narrow bathroom for 2 person room

Its location is excellent!

Great location straight in the city center. Walking distances: 3 min to Cadorna train/metro station, 5-7 min to Castello, 10-12 min to Duomo.

The stuff was soo rude, the room smells so bad.

O didn't like it at all

• Double or Twin Room

The facilities are outdated.

The location is good; close to the center and the train station.

• Double or Twin Room

All staff members are very friendly. I would recommend this hotel anyone visiting Milano.

Browse Mokinba Hotels King traveller photo gallery