Reviews of Hotel La Forcola 3 stars

Cannaregio 2353, Cannaregio, 30121 Venice, Italy

#237 of 301 hotels in Venice

Ideal location and extremely helpful staff - a perfect Venice experience!

The staff were extremely helpful and friendly!! The room was clean and excellent value for the location, which was about a 15-20 minute walk to Saint Mark's Square and the bus station. The view from the room window was overlooking a beautiful waterway. I highly recommend this hotel for those travelling alone as the area was safe and busy, and the 24hr reception was reassuring.

They made an effort to give me a double bed in a single room.

Poor breakfast. Very bad night recepcionist (sleeps in a bed in reception.

They made an effort to give me a double bed in a single room. Day recepcionists were nice. Well located, Venice is a jewel.

The staff was extremely friendly and even upgraded me to a...

The overall appearance of the hotel is a bit shabby, but I didn't mind it, as for the price I paid I didn't expect it to be perfect.

The staff was extremely friendly and even upgraded me to a double room because my room wasn't ready yet. The room was nice, I had my own balcony, clean and comfy.

The staff was very friendly.

Overall, the furniture needs update and repair. You see that there has not been much investment lately. However, all was clean.

The staff was very friendly. I had to leave at 4 am and they prepared me a small breakfast to take it with me.

Great experience! Will return!

Very friendly staff, great location right on the canal. AC is great in the room and the light breakfast is a great start to the day. Breakfast consisted of croissants, cold cuts, yogurt, juice, and coffee. Beds are firm but comfortable and the bathroom is a typical european style bathroom

Personalised attention in the city center

The breakfast did not offer fresh food, almost everything was processed. On the other hand, I don’t know how good or bad is The internet in Venice... but sometimes in my room the Internet connection failed.

Lovely staff and personaliced service. The hotel has a very central exceptional location.

very good location to discover Venice.

some renovation works of the rooms would be appropriate.

very good location to discover Venice.Not far from trainstation or terminals to connect to airport or islands around venice from terminals Guglie or Novamente Forte.20min walk to San Marco. Good price/quality for Venice

Well located, staff is very helpful and the rooms are not...

Well located, staff is very helpful and the rooms are not over luxurios but very genuine and with old nice furniture. Many of the rooms are overlooking a waterchannel. I will always stay here when in Venice.

Great base to explore Venive.
    • Superior Double Room Canal View

Room smelled of smoke when we first arrived, this dissapated after the first night.

Good value, excellent location and view from room. The staff were polite, professional and accommodating. The room was small but perfectly adequate, the breakfast good and chambermaid service excellent.

Conveniently located, friendly little hotel
    • Superior Double Room Canal View

It was a little noisy in the evening, but that's Venice!

Since we arrived in Venice via the train, we needed a hotel that was fairly close. It took us about 10 minutes to walk to it. Our room was upgraded to a suite, and we had a lovely front / canal view! The friendly woman who welcomed us gave us so much helpful information that really made getting around easy. They graciously kept our bags after we checked out until our train left. We will plan to stay here when we come back to Venice!

On the whole good value for money and a good location.
    • Superior Double Room Canal View

The Bathroom door did not shut and the Room was a bit small, but adequate.

The Hotel Room and Bathroom was extremely clean, but the Bathroom was a bit tired.

Property it self was great, comfy beds, spacious room and...
    • Classic Double Room

Breakfast was disappointing, no hot food like eggs, bacon or sausages. Coffee tasted awful, we had tee instead.

Property it self was great, comfy beds, spacious room and helpful staff.

Great location, clean, good breakfast, faciliites could have been better, rooms dark, bit run down.

Unfortunately the bath area was shabby, needed work, the whole hotel looked a little run down and dark, it would have been lovely to have a kettle in our room. I felt it needed better lighting.

The breakfast was very good, excellent location, staff helpful, when I lost the button off my coat I asked for a needle and thread to sew it back and it was provided instantly. bed comfortable.

The location was really good easy to find and easy to get...
    • Classic Double Room

The room we had was basic and in need of a little updating and freshening up maybe, cosmetically but it was comfortable and quiet. Provided what we needed and this in no way detracted from our stay. I was there with my daughter but would have felt quite happy staying as a single person as I had originally intended.

The location was really good easy to find and easy to get to pretty much everywhere from. Was quite homely and not over fussy. Staff were helpful, for us it was an ideal place to be.

Wouldn’t stay again. Too many negatives! Travelling alone I wanted to have a bar to sit in evening

Room was very tired and small. Shower was tiny and hairdryer of no use ..only 700 Watts. Room was overly warm. No air con because heating had been switched on centrally. Had to open window but this was very noisy until after 4 a.m. with people making way back home/hotel, meaning little sleep. Noise started again about 7. 30 with people passing by with cases trolleys etc. Hotel on the main thoroughfare. No bar as advertised. Thought it said there was a casino too?? No chair to sit on. English speaking channels on TV were not worth having

Bed was very comfortable. Room was very clean. Area was fine with a street one row behind with several bars serving food , frequented by locals.

I loved it. The city the hotel and the food was amazing thank you Venice and la forcola!
    • Classic Double Room

The weather but of course that was out of your control and to be expected in winter

The heating was superb the staff were very helpful it was the perfect distance from everything

Pleasant and convenient.
    • Superior Double Room Canal View

It can be a little noisy from the street. The bed is on the firm side. Breakfast is very basic, but I skipped it usually. WiFi is not the greatest.

The location is very convenient. I like the style of the hotel. Windows overviewing a canal. Adds to the Venetian experience. This was my second time at La Forcola and I would definitely stay again.

The female receptionist was very friendly and welcoming.
    • Classic Double Room

We were told our room would be ready at 2 and had to wait an hour. The beds were very uncomfortable. There were no tea/coffee facilities or a kettle. We had to give the key to reception every time we left the hotel. The bathroom was a wetroom resulting in puddles everywhere that took ages to dry.

The female receptionist was very friendly and welcoming.

The hotel has everything a tourist could ask for -breakfast...

I wish there was a hot water kettle in the room

The hotel has everything a tourist could ask for -breakfast included in the price an elevator,a minibar that served me as a tiny fridge,24hours desk service,the room was perfectly clean,the staff did their outmost best to make the guests feel comfortable and at home,I asked for a quiet and bright room and that's exactly what I got.For the very sensible price that I paid I was amazed at the high quality of service that I received

The manager had superb recommendations for dinner and...

We checked in after 6pm on Thursday, Sept 28th and did not have a place to sit down for breakfast the following morning. we waited for 15 minutes until a table became available but by that time must of the breakfast items were eaten. the staff replaced fresh croissants. Also, the street and canal provided too much noise for most of two nights.

The manager had superb recommendations for dinner and provided a great summary of where we should walk. The was wonderfully especially on our first visit.

My room was very small but view of windows was excellent .

My room was very small but view of windows was excellent . Free WiFi and Elevator . close to market and station.Of course it is not a stars hotel but it was clean . No refrigerator and no coffee maker. If I decide to visit Venice again I will choose my small lovely room...

A bit over-priced, but a comfortable place and relatively decent location to stay.
    • Classic Double Room

There were stains on the walls that hadn't been treated which made the room look a bit unclean. The decor in the room was quite outdated and could do with revamping.

The staff were friendly and very approachable. The bed was comfortable and the room was relatively relaxing.

Great location, friendly personnel

The room was really small, not as it was shown on the picture. However, personnel was very polite and friendly and the location is really great- in a walking distance from all main sightseeings. So, overall, I am happy that I chose this hotel. Definately I will return there next time I am going to Venice.

A very good place to stay in Venice

Would be nice if the Continental Breakfast could of offered some different items each day as opposed to the same thing every day( breakfast was good was just looking for some variety during my stay) TV in the room was very small( smaller than my computer monitor)

Location was great( less than a ten minute walk from the train station), front desk staff were friendly and helpful, room was small but comfortable

The hotel location is perfect, very close to a super market.

the breakfast is very poor. the shower water flow isn't that good. booking a room with a view is a waste of money.

The hotel location is perfect, very close to a super market. 15 min top from important landmarks.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

- The staffs are very nice and kind.
    • Classic Double Room

I don't know if you clean the air-con often or properly, I got some respiratory infection after staying for 2 nights.

- The staffs are very nice and kind. - The location is okay. - The breakfast croissant was awesome.

Ok hotel on the Main Street between train/bus station...

Nothing really

Ok hotel on the Main Street between train/bus station and saint Marks square. Our balcony had view down on the canal and was lovely

Great Staff & Beautiful Views of Canal
    • Superior Double Room Canal View

The Room had 2 French Balcony with great views to the canal, it was very clean and tidy. The staff was very polite and very helpful. If I go to Venice again, I will not try any other hotel just straight back to this :)

Nice and well located hotel

Though comfortable and with a good size, my triple room starts to show evident signs of wear (wallpaper, curtains) and needs an internal refurbishment.

Excellent location. From train station Sta Lucia we can reach H.Forcola by foot (less than 10 mn walk). At 100m distance we have Casino Vaporetto station to travel around Grand Canal to every part of Venice (no queues to buy tickets or go inside the boat). Plenty of restaurants, supermarket and shops nearby at Cannaregio. Breakfast is good. Wi-fi without problems. Air conditioning ok (it was a hot July outside). Professional staff.

Hotel LaForcola, clean convenient location for train, airport ferry, away from the crowds yet close

Daytime front desk person (female) was VERY helpful with restaurant and other travel related questions. Breakfast was better than most European "continental" type breakfasts.

A nice location, but everywhere in Venice fits the bill.

The breakfast could have had ANYTHING hot. No way of indicating if I wanted cleaning services or not without them knocking. Receptionists held keys as guests go in and out, but one person wanted me to prove who I was with an ID, which felt unwelcoming.

A nice location, but everywhere in Venice fits the bill. Reliable air condition, with a kind of historical feel to the room. Super small bed, though.

Do not stay.
    • Classic Double Room

Location was poor. Room was awful could hardly move it was so small, was dirty, air con never worked and simply was not up to standard. I have reviewed everything as poor but booking.com still give it a 2.5 based on my answers so beware any hotel with a 2.5.

Will be back.

None.

Staff was very attentive to carry out all my requests. Very helpful and sincere lady staff. Fantastic location, canal view, close to public water bus and train station. Indeed great value.

Venice is great but too many tourists this time of year!'
    • Classic Double Room

No drawers for clothes, only hanging space in wardrobe, no tea or coffee making facilities in room, light over bathroom mirror not working, although it was reported immediately, and one of only two power sockets was coming away from wall.

Very central, over looking canal, light and airy room, clean and comfortable. Receptionist Valentina was great, friendly and knowledgeable.

Venice is expensive
    • Superior Double Room Canal View

Hotel was quaint and old. But if you're not picky it'll do. Shower over bath was tiny and hot water takes a while to kick in. Its been scorching hot so didnt mind a tepid wash. Becareful not to slip getting out of tub though. You gotta be quick to breakfast as slow to clear tables and to restock breakfast table with little choices.

That it was central to train station and 25min walk to san marco square. Stayed for 3x nights. Front desk accomodating.

Staying in Venice can be expensive, and the hotels are not...
    • Superior Double Room Canal View

Staying in Venice can be expensive, and the hotels are not the best to choose from. This hotel was in the perfect location for us. A 15 minute walk from the train station with our bags, and only over 2 bridges. The breakfast was typical, nothing special. The bed was ok, a little old though. The views were beautiful, and the hotel in a loud and busy area which suited us fine. The bathroom facilities were fine too.

Tiny room but good location

The single room was very small with one window that looked straight into a man's bathroom in the building next door.

The staff were incredibly helpful and generally very thorough. Hot croissants in the morning are amazing! The location is great with a ferry stop, supermarket and restaurants close by. The wifi was AMAZING!!

Grazie mille!

There's mosquitos! Bring off!!

Location is perfect, to walking distance of all major attractions. The lady from the reception is super nice, she even speaks multiple languages. Room was perfect.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Cute place/great value.

It was awkward coming in late/going out early.

The front desk staff were very pleasant and helpful. The breakfast was adequate. Room was kept very clean.

Stay at la forcola

The size of the room was very small.very noisy outside as the room faced the busy road and if you closed the windows room got stuffy and hot and there was no air-conditioning!!!!

The location was good.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Bella Forcola...

Safe in room was not working... said they would fix it, but didn't. Room was v.small.

Right in the thick of it... Grand Canal 2 mins away, shops and restaurants on the doorstep. Room was spotless...

Very friendly and informative staff at the reception, a...
    • Superior Double Room Canal View

Room with a view, was overlooking the street on one end and the canal on the other side - very noisy, particularly if you had windows open - added to that was the diesel fumes from private motor boats. Would have been nice if hotel had a coffee vending machine or a bar that was open in the evenings for an aperitif.... and real coffee would help, come on guys, its Italy and you don't need a Nescafe machine!!

Very friendly and informative staff at the reception, a great team! Clean room, clean linen, decent bathroom and decent enough breakfast.

Very disappointing and does not warrant 3 stars

No air-conditioning available in room as not switched on until summer. Mini bar fridge did not work and there were no glasses provided. TV with no English news channel - only channels in Italian. If these facilities are not available for comfort of guests then they should not be sold as such. Old fashioned bathroom with shower tray and old shower curtain - hole in wall below ceiling. A few items in bathroom provided such as soap and shower cap but only plastic cups.

Extremely helpful and friendly receptionist called Valentina - the best asset the hotel has. Very welcoming and always smiling. Single room over looking a small canal which was a nice view. Clean bed linen everyday which was surprising given the low standard of other faciliities. Reasonable breakfast.

Location is very nice

The heater was broken in the bathroom. It was 40 degrees in the whole room. Moreover it was not possible to open the windows because of mosquitoes.

Location is very nice

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Very good location, walking distance from airport shuttle...
    • Classic Double Room

Very good location, walking distance from airport shuttle and very close to main monuments (Rialto/San Marco). Very nice staff ready to help you anytime. Very good breakfast. Pastry was served freshly baked (heated) every few minutes.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

The classic double room is dissappointing
    • Classic Double Room

The double room with the no view and it feels like you are restrained. when I checked the classic double room over the internet, the pictures were with a view and then I got surprised of the bad view from the classic room there. that was deceiving, They don't update their account pictures maybe. I had a bad luck there and I don't think I will repeat my experience with this hotel.

The hotel and the room are very clean.

Very enjoyable first visit to Venice.
    • Classic Double Room

Warm bedroom and bathroom. Room quite small but ok for a short visit. Great breakfasts. Location brilliant. Good directions from hotel of how to get from airport to vaporetta and onto hotel.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Fantastic location with very helpful staff.
    • Superior Double Room Canal View

It's on a main street which results in a little noise in the early hours.

Easy to find location and within walking distance from the railway station. Very helpful staff. View over the canal was beautiful to wake up to. Plenty of cafes and restaurants within a close proximity.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Great location. Great value for money. Friendly and helpful staff.

Nothing really. Maybe a better hairdryer (for ladies with long hair it was a bit uncomfortable to use) and some fresh fruits for breakfast would be nice.

It's best trait is the location. Cannaregio is the best area to stay in Venice, especially if you travel by train or by plane. It's about 1 km away from Santa Lucia train station and Guglie where the Alilaguna airport boats stops. If you're a foodie, the area is also filled with good affordable places to eat and you'll find 3 supermarkets just around the corner. Despar sited in an ex theater building is the best! Staff was also very friendly and helpful. Plus, I think I've got the room with the best view in the building! I've stayed in other places in Venice, you can't really get better than this hotel for the amount of money you pay.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

Solo female in Venice

It needs a lift. There is a stair lift which encompasses the beautiful stair way and it very slow. Other than that, it has no bad points for me.

Gorgeous palatial buildings and decor. Very clean and lovely helpful staff. My room was first class and the breakfast was overwhelming. Pastries to die for and as much as you could eat. Wish I could have stayed for the whole week that I was in Venice. I'll be back with my children next time.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

All in all a lovely hotel in Venice, staff were very friendly and helpful. Close to Rialto Bridge
    • Classic Double Room

Only gripe we had was the air con didn't seem to be working, not a problem as we went in October but would be an issue in the summer months but Im sure the hotel would sort it.

Location of hotel was great, 10 min walk from the bus station and within easy reach of the Rialto bridge. Plenty of bars and restaurants around the hotel.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

A great hotel for a Venice holiday
    • Classic Double Room

The shower could have a soap holder. The sink plug leaked.

The hotel was clean and light and the staff very helpful. Also an excellent location I would recommend it.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Price reasonable for 3 * accommodation in good location
    • Classic Double Room

Rooms quite sparce with very dark wood furniture. Window shutter broken and air con not brilliant. Shower tray quite slippy.

Quite basic breakfast but all fresh and well presented. Started the day off well. Bed comfortable and clean linen and towels. Good location with easy access into central Venice via vaporetto only 5mins walk away. Variety of shops and restaurants nearby.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Could be better but good value for money in Venice

Bathroom: had someone's hair on the shower handle when i moved in. Towels were changed weirdly. First day i had 1 bathroom towel, onw foot towel, one facial, one for bidet. Day 2: one facial, one bathroom, one foot. Day 3: two bathroom, no foot, one facial, one bidet. Day 4; one bathroom, one facial, one bidet. I'm not the complaining type of a traveler, but i really think that breakfast could be a little bit better, at least coffee - worst ive had in 2 weeks.

Location - very close to railway station and about 20 min walk to San Marco.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Very Very poor not the Italy I know and love

Rooms need a lot of maintenance and decorating sockets loose, plaster falling off walls,black mould in bathroom no tea/coffee facilities furniture tatty They had booked our superior room out for the first night and put us in a double that was in a really decorated mess and no sign of rebate This is not hotel I expect from Booking.com

Elevator

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Great location with great staff!!

Breakfast is just croissants and sweet juice(European style) I would like to eat fruits and flesh juice.

Good location to bus stop,near to Santa Lucia station! River view from room,staff are so kindness :) I would love to stay again!! :D

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

Great beginning to Venice!
    • Superior Double Room Canal View

Can't recall any concerns!

Quiet night for sleeing; Very near the waterbus drop off, so a short "commute" with suitcases; great pizzaria at the entry to the channel - very memorable

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

Nice hotel on lake Garda
    • Superior Double Room Canal View

If they could provide info on the bookings app on how to arrive by bus from Verona that would have been nice to have.

The views from everywhere are amazing. Loved that they had AC.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

Good location,average facilities

Having to hand over the key and a time frame being given to me on any guests I had in the hotel. When you are paying money for a hotel you should be able to use the room as you please.

Location and very easy to find. Close to some good shops

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

Nice place to recommend

The dryer was a bit hard to use.

The place was close to the station and easy to find. The stuffs were friendly and the front desk are open for 24 hours.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

Great place to stay
    • Classic Double Room

Being on the second floor the wifi didn't connect a lot of the time but when you did get it, it was useful. Being downstairs in the breakfast room it ran the smoothest.

Great location, quieter than a lot of other areas which was very nice. The check in was a breeze and the breakfast was fantastic. The room was very clean and spacious enough for 2 people. Would recommended

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

Very misleading photos. Horrible room.
    • Superior Double Room Canal View

Horrible hard bed, big stains all over the walls, tiny, bathroom door didn't close, couldn't use the sink without taking a part of it out or it would overflow, super loud- noise from streets and hallways and room above, extremely loud airconditioning, weird smell coming from aircon. Definitely not worth what we paid for the room.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Brilliant location!
    • Classic Double Room

A high chair would have been useful but was by no means a deal breaker!

Very accommodating for our baby. Very kind and willing to go the extra mile. Fab location. Couldn't ask for more!

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

Place is quite good, not far from railway station and about...
    • Classic Double Room

1. The main problem is the shower. The summer in Venice is hot, so you need to take the shower a couple of times per day. The shower curtain separates not the shower, but the part of the room together with toilet, that means that all water flows on toilet and ground between toilet and shower. So after each shower there is a big puddle in the room and toilet is covered by water. 2. The location is noisy, but it is expectable, as the hotel is on one of the main streets. So I cannot blame a hotel for that. But if you like a silent place, check the different locations. 3. Breakfast is too minimal. One kind of sausage, one kind of cheese, bread and croissants. So don't treat breakfast in this hotel as a big advantage when compare it with other hotels.

Place is quite good, not far from railway station and about 1 km to San Marco. Staff is welcome and helpful.

Good location pleasant stay

Ac took along time to cool the room

Hotel staff were very nice and helpful

Breakfast was served from 8 onward, which was too late for...

Breakfast was served from 8 onward, which was too late for me.

Everybody was very helpful, attention. The location is excellent.

The staff were amazing.

Being on the Main Street it was a little loud

The staff were amazing. Especially the young woman who worked from 2 until 10pm

Amazing location, literally right on the main Street.
    • Superior Double Room Canal View

Amazing location, literally right on the main Street. Very friendly staff and great views from our room

Thoroughly enjoyed it and would love to return. Will definitely recommend hotel to others going to

Excellent location. Very helpful and friendly staff. Room was perfect.

Close to vaporetto stop and railway station

Close to vaporetto stop and railway station Helpful staff Clean room Free wi-fi

Good location great city

Good location, could have done with another pillow but that's just me being picky

Location brilliant property needs updating in parts
    • Classic Double Room

Same breakfast every morning no variety

Photo a bit dceceiving on web site

Cheap and good location