Reviews of Hotel Lido 3 stars

Via Riccardo Galli 8, Fiera Milano, 20148 Milan, Italy

#62 of 424 hotels in Milan

Paola in reception went the extra mile in being helpful.

Occasionally could hear some noise from the adjacent room but this would not put me off coming back to stay.

Paola in reception went the extra mile in being helpful.... Suggesting a touring itinerary of the city....a day trip to Lake Como and how to get there ....even helped me book a day trip to Venice. She also advised me on how to get to the airport for my early morning flight. On arrival in my room it was a relief to find the air-conditioning was on. I found the location really convenient for the metro and easy to get directly into the city center. I will definitely be back!

Good Stay
    • Superior Single Room

Staff was excellent and super helpful in everything from giving directions to helping out with chargers and chitchat, value for money, nice comfy room, breakfast range was normal but fresh and tasty.

The staff were excellent - helpful and friendly.

The staff were excellent - helpful and friendly. They went out of their way to recommend places to eat and help with directions to shops and sights around town.

If you are after a friendly basic hotel which is close to the San Siro this is highly recommended.
    • Superior Single Room

Hotel is quiet basic but this is more than made up for by the friendliness of the staff and the price which was extremely reasonable. Had everything I needed and would definitely recommend.

Stayed for one night primarily for the location as walking distance to San Siro on a night game. Staff were excellent. Arrived early and given comp coffee whilst room was cleaned. Guy then spent a good 30 minutes giving me tips on where to visit for my short time in the city and drew various recommendations on a map. Very friendly and helpful. Room very quiet and great breakfast. Staff made the visit.

The breakfast in the morning had great variety - a few warm...

The beds were pretty rock solid, unfortunately, but they were fine for a three night stay. While the hotel was a good location for the Metro, there wasn't a lot else going on in that area. A few restaurants and a grocery store were all we could find, and often left the neighborhood for meals.

The breakfast in the morning had great variety - a few warm items, pastries, yogurts, fruits, coffee bar. My room seemed larger than the usual hotel room in Italy and they provided plenty of extra pillows for that rock hard bed. The staff were friendly and helpful in recommending things in the area. The bathroom was clean and large, despite a rather awkward shower.

Excellent!

Very kind and helpful staff. Good location. The room was very very clean, especially bathroom. The first hotel that had the toothbrush! I enjoyed staying in this hotel.

Very kind and friendly staff

A bit noisy at night

Very kind and friendly staff I was able to park just in front of the hotel thanks to the support of the staff 5min to station M1, supermarket. Perfect restaurant recommendations

Highly recommended

This hotel is a little distant from the centre but the metro is at five minutes and takes you almost anywhere in very little time. If you travel by car this is excellent. Rooms are smallish, but that goes for most of Milano. And they are very functional. Breakfast is not huge but quite ok. Most importantly the staff is fabulous. Paula and Luca, who sort of run the place are very kind and helpful. They both speak English quite well (though they will also teach you some Italian) and will suggest walks, visits, restaurants and what not.

Nice staff but would not recommend as not worth the money

Woken up by noisy plumbing and noisy other residents very early. Room very small and not worth the money (over 100 euros for small dark room with few facilities) Would not recommend a stay here.

Excellent service from staff. We arrived late in Milan for a booked trip and they arranged taxi and spoke to the travel company so we were expected. Easy access via M1 redline underground from Duomo(after transfer by bus from airport). Signposted from main road down quiet residential street.

I recommend it!

The room is quite small, the bathroom needs some refreshing.

Great breakfast. Great staff - very kind & responsive people - instantly helped with all our needs and questions. Great location - 3-4 minutes walking to the metro station. Clean room & bathroom.

Perfect Hotel for a short stay with perfect staff, good location and price :)

-nothing wrong

-VERY FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL STAFF :D - they will explain you everything in best way with lots of humour :) -good connection with Metro - 5mins walking from Lotto station. From there only a few minutes to the city centre -very big room (for 1 person) -big Supermarket with 'normal' prices 200m nearby -good Wi-Fi connection -good breakfast, but if you want to eat scumbled eggs - you need to be hurry downstairs otherwise forget it -hairdryer (which even in 3 *** Hotels is not a standard) -price for all these good things

Staff were extremely friendly and spoke excellent english.

- Some strange smell in the bed sheets

Staff were extremely friendly and spoke excellent english. They offered me a cappuccino while checking out and we had a nice talk. My room was very clean. The area around the hotel is nice, quiet and safe. Generally, I had a comfortable stay there.

I just stayed for one night, and it was ok for the price,...

Very noisy early in the morning, from work trucks and construction outside

I just stayed for one night, and it was ok for the price, and it had easy access to the metro.

The hotel is very conveniently located;

The hotel is very conveniently located; it is less than a 5 minutes' walk to the metro station. The room is adequately comfortable. The 24-hour open reception is an added bonus. I had a very pleasant stay!

Friendly and basic

Hard beds.

Extra friendly and helpfull staff. Easy to communicate in English. Good tips for excellent restaurants. Close to Lotto metro station and MiCo congress center (Fiera).

Good base for Milan
    • Superior Single Room

Decor clean but dated. Needed tube to get to central Milan.

Friendly helpful staff. AC. Close to Lotto tube. Good sized room. Clean. Quiet neighbourhood. Fridge in room. Generous check in/out times. Supermarket just round the corner.

I would stay there again

The room wasn't something special, but it was decent, clean, quiet and I cannot say that I have something to complaint about. It was very near the Metro station, and although the hotel is not in the heart of Milano, in just 15' minutes we could be in Duomo. The price (although not cheap) was lower than most of the hotels with the same characteristics.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Nice hotel, good value

To access the hotel, you need to walk down some stairs. Mind about your luggage. (A ramp would be highly appreciated!)

Location is convenient when moving from/to Lampugnano bus station. The property is clean, located in a quiet area. Breakfast is good. The room size is ok, the bathroom was large.

Very nice hotel is prime Venice location.

The price is a bit stiff, but it's quite fair for Venice and the quality of the hotel.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The location is excellent - it's close to Rialto bridge and San Marco. The neighbourhood is vibrant with many shops and restaurants. The complementary breakfast was very nice. My room was compact, but well appointed and very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Nice stay

I didnt dislike anything. Just you have to be aware that hotel is a bit far from center, but it is close to the Metro station with direct line to Duomo. And it is a bit oldfashioned hotel but you have good value for money staying there.

Good hotel in a calm location. Room is clean and comfortable. Very nice breakfast with freshly baked croissants. Very pleasant and friendly people at reception.

Home away from home in Milano!!

The friendliness, kindness and helpfulness of the staff was excellent. From the moment I arrived I felt at home. Sincerity and kindness prevailed in all contact with everyone. Luka the manager was exceptionally helpful and pleasant.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

I chose this hotel because it was a walking distance from...
    • Superior Single Room

I chose this hotel because it was a walking distance from the venue of the conference I was attending. When I first saw the hotel from outside I wasn't very impressed, but I was surprised with the supreme level of service provided. These people went to the level of supplying me with a new tooth brush, tooth paste and a shaving kit every morning , a service not provided by elite 4 stars hotels although this one is only graded as 3 stars and priced at a very competitive rate.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

It was like home with family.

Everything I ate was excellent. I lost my all my luggages between 3 and 5 days. Luca asked Paula to the rescue. She called the airline until all 3 were located and delivered. 2 suitcases were broken so they kept them until I went back for them to be sent to the airline's agent. A tea spoon I borrowed earlier for yoghurt and forgot to return, when I did 2 weeks after I had checked out, Luca gave it back to me as souvenir. He even said I could come for visits. Luca and Paula are family members to me. They really care about people.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Beautiful Milan.

Wonderful! The hotel is near to metro stations. Quiеt and very cosy. Clean and spacious rooms, decent breakfast and Paola, the owner, was very polite and extremely helpful. She was our city guide, kind of:-) Thumbs up, for good job and kind attitude.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Good stay, we will return

- We came on the new year day, everything was close! So sad for that. - The room facilities are a little bit old. Especially the locker of door. It took us a while to figure it out.

- The breakfast: It is simple, but all the food has very good quality and taste so good. Recommend for the cheese! - Staffs are very helpful. They are friendly and provide all the help they can. The restaurant they recommend was also very nice.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

The hotel is located in a quiet area near the subway station...

The hotel is located in a quiet area near the subway station / 2 lines /, journey to the center takes about 15 minutes. The rooms are cleaned perfectly every day, change towels, even on 1 January. Breakfast is very good - there are fruits, coffee is espresso, not schwartz. Paola is a great host - kind, helpful, smiling. I strongly recommend the hotel!

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Price only

It was OK till one of the staff asked me in a very rude behavior in front of other guests "why Arabs turns into terrorists?!" That was after telling me some thing in Italian I did not under stand but I guess it was rude words as well because the guests seemed to be chocked!! I believe this guy is a racist! ..take care .. It was my first situation like that and I did not even knew what to answer !! I just went up to my room ... It was a very bad experience for me.

Price only

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Excellent value for money

The neighborhood of the hotel did not seem that safe at night.

The staff was very helpful. Breakfast was really good. Location was central and really close to the metro line. Next time I'm in Milan, I would definitely come back here.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Comfort and convenience!!

The hotel is not new, but very clean and well kept.

The excellent management. A feeling of friendliness and safety. Very convenient for the confrtence center. Easy to get anywhere in city with Metro station very short walk away.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

A good 3 night stay

Bedding very worn, shower leaked, single beds very narrow, and loud hum from an electrical unit in the back yard. Loud TV playing old music videos constantly, especially at breakfast!

Good breakfast, lovely coffee, choice of teas, lovely pastries. Good out of town location close to metro, malpensa shuttle stop, and line C on hop on/hop off bus but very quiet residential area. Staff and owners very helpful.

Great place to stay

The decor and facilities are dated. It wasn't an issue for me but if you're looking for sleek and modern, you need to look elsewhere and keep in mind that you'll also pay for those upgrades. The bed is a bit hard, but, again, I'm used to this as an expat living in China.

The staff are very friendly and helpful. The location is great because it's a short walk to the Lotto station, which is then about 5 minutes from the Duomo on the metro. Very easy to get around. I didn't have any concerns walking to the hotel at night and felt comfortable traveling alone in the surrounding neighborhood. Oddly enough, the only issues I had with men harassing me happened in heavily populated and tourist areas. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a friendly, cost-effective hotel that is outside the touristy area but just a short metro ride away from everything.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

very good hotel and save money

decoration feel little bit old, single room bath room design is a little not user friendly.

room is clean and comfort, near metro station. near shuttle bus stop to malpensa airport. in residential area, quiet place.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

thanks lido,s people

absolutely nothing

it's really strange hotel all of the stuff and I mean all of them are extremely nice helpful people the gave me more than just hospitality I really felt I was staying with friends thank you fabio a big thanks to the intellectual LUKA for his help I enjoyed our conversations

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

Good

Breakfast wasn't great but it was ok.The walls are so thin and the rooms are so close to each other that you can hear everything: talking, laughing, basically everything. This is a very negative aspect for me.

Good location: close to metro, a supermarket and a red sightseeing bus is just around the corner. Receptionist who works from 7am was VERY helpful. I wish all reception people were like him! Coffee was great. My room was very clean. I was allowed to leave my suitcase after check out and collect later.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Awesome Stay at Hotel Lido!

Staff were extremely kind and helpful! Went above and beyond to help myself and friend with anything we needed (directions, somewhere to eat, etc..) Beds were super comfy, rooms were clean, breakfast was delicious! Great value for money. Would 100% recommended to anyone who wants to visit Milano.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

A hidden gem
    • Superior Single Room

Home from home, personal atmosphere. My room was extremely clean and comfortable. All staff delightful and helpful. Location is residential but very close to metro line into centre. Overall, extremely impressed.

Receptioniat top

Il receptionist troppo simpatico

The Hotel is perfectly placed and the staff are excellent

The Hotel is perfectly placed and the staff are excellent

If I go to Milano again it'll be Lido Hotel that I'll make my accomodation

Everything was perfect.

Very friendly crew. Location of the hotel is very good, very close to Lotto metro. There is also a big shopping mall nearby.

Very friendly and helpfull staff

Room is outdated

Very friendly and helpfull staff

Nice staff, good air conditioning, quite place and well located

A bit old style

Close to Lotto metro Station and very well located Few restaurants close to the hotel

Old Facilities that deliver good

Noise in the morning from The street

Location 3 min to the metro, nice breackfast, confortable bed, friendly staff

Everything was good

Everything was good

The staff was so supportive
    • Superior Single Room

Please give the new receptionist a proper training. Q

The staff was so supportive

Short and pleasant, descret yet easily accessible to and from the city centre.

Entrance to hotel, the steep steps are difficult if you have luggage or mobility problems.

Staff were polite and helpful

The boss is very nice and friendly, can ask them every kind...

The boss is very nice and friendly, can ask them every kind of question, very patient for everybody

Always back to this hotel

Well connected location, great stuff

Excellent Breakfast, Friendly staff

Excellent Breakfast, Friendly staff

Very nice and friendly staff, good location, near the metro...

Very nice and friendly staff, good location, near the metro station!

All the stuff was very helpful! Very nice location next to metro, clean rooms, everything was great!!

Nice and Good place
    • Superior Single Room

Very friendly and helpful people Good breakfast and wonderful coffee

Excellent location and nice staff.

Closeness of A.C. Milan related places.

A very handy place to stay in Milan.

Seemed slightly run down.

Location, transport links and breakfast.

value for money, breakfast, friendly people

Window not well sealed and noise in the morning from the rubbish collectors

value for money, breakfast, friendly people

Reception are so caring, the location next by two metro...

Reception are so caring, the location next by two metro lines.

Great stay, great location

Nice shampoo, and a shaving kit, and a toothbrush!

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Overall excellent, especially given the price.

Shower took a while to get warm, bed a bit uncomfy.

Overall excellent, especially given the price.

Very comfortable stay

the kindness of the staff

OK

Beds very firm

Service minded staff, a little bit outside the city, nice breakfast to be in Italy.

Excellent value for money!!!

Wi-Fi speed could be a bit better!

Ms. Paola at the front desk was an extremely pleasant person willing to help out all the guests at the hotel!!

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Clean and quiet room.

Clean and quiet room. It was a good experience and the personal was very kindly.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

Wow experience at Hotel Lido

Staffs were amazing! Very helpful and super professional

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

Very good hotel

No ac

Good hotel

There was no parking place.

There was no parking place.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

generally speaking OK.

too old-fashioned, noisy rooms

generally speaking OK. would come back

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

The service is excellent

The wi-fi signal was very poor in the room upstairs

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Enjoyed my stay

Staff there are very nice ,it's a really good hotel

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

Great location, extremely nice and helpful staff

Great location, extremely nice and helpful staff

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Sehr gute Lage, freundliches Personal. Preiswert.

The breakfast had a small variety of foods.

Service minded personal. Reception open 24 hours.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Quite old fashioned and old looking but very good.

Quite old fashioned and old looking but very good.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

Good location for the Milan Fiera.

Dated facilities

Extra-friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Персонал

Персонал

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

Nice staff, restaurants closed

Far away from the city center, no restaurants close to the hotel. A LOT of shops were closed in August

Nice staff, close to subway

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

Nice place

- far from the city center - no electric kettle

- breakfast with many choices - even the room is small and a bit old style, but well equipped

Browse Hotel Lido traveller photo gallery