Reviews of Montresor Hotel Palace 4 stars

Via Luigi Galvani 19, Borgo Milano - Stadio, 37138 Verona, Italy

#37 of 66 hotels in Verona

Good place
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The safe in the room didn't work.

The staff was friendly and took the time to explain us the hotel and it's surroundings. The hotel is clean and new.

Very comfortable and quiet place near Verona centre
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Maybe the furniture was not brand new but still in very good condition

Everything great! Personnel makes you feel a welcomed guest here. The bed was extra large and comfortable, all the appliances working properly. The location not right in the center but just nearby so you can see all of Verona and return to the hotel on foot. A nice quick river running near the place and can be heard at night if you leave the window open. We regret to have planned only 1 night here.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

While room was OK it was very old fashioned and dowdy, except for bathroom that had a Spanish seaside décor. No restaurant and no good ones nearby. Only one chair in bedroom. Poor lighting. Breakfast OK although scrambled egg like rocks and coffee poor quality. Would have been nice to see some tomatoes... Most annoying thing was staff. Dozy lady on reception spent 5 min telling us about buses for next day, then when we checked in the morning she explained that that bus service wasn't operating because it was a public holiday, and told us about a totally different one...so we could have waited at the (wrong) bus stop for ever! Worse than this was attitude towards TV. BBC channel wasn't working, but lady at reception said I wasn't operating TV properly. I insisted they checked and she later said man had checked it and it was fine...it wasn't, so I phoned down and spoke to a guy who again suggested I wasn't operating it properly...so I said I'd like someone to come up and show me, at which point he admitted BBC channel wasn't available and tried to put the phone down before I told him what I thought!!! Rude and unprofessional...

Large room. Comfortable beds. Great shower. While not a hotel you could pop back to in middle of day it wasn't a bad walk into Verona, even for wrinklies.

The bed was super comfortable and the room was very clean!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The walls are pretty thin and our room was next to housekeeping so we were woken up pretty early with them cleaning rooms. The gray and go breakfast selection was not much (just a couple pastries available)...I would recommend planning on their full paid breakfast or dining out.

The bed was super comfortable and the room was very clean!

A good stay in Verona
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Everything was according to our expectations.

The hotel is located a bit far from the main tourist locations of Verona however there is public transportation right next to the hotel. The room was large enough and the bathroom, though a bit old, was good enough. Breakfast was quite good. Parking is available at the hotel and the wi-fi worked fine.

I booked a parking place ( it should be inclusive ) but then...
    • Standard Triple Room

I booked a parking place ( it should be inclusive ) but then at the reception I was told to pay extra 10 euros/ night to get privat one, otherwise I had to leave the car on the street in front of the hotel. The same thing with breakfast....

Very pleasant

I wrote above

The staff was very friendly. The bed very comfortable and very clean. The linen very good. The only thing that the hotel must have is a restaurant for dinner, because there were any restaurants near. The room was very quiet and we could sleep very well. Congratulations!

BEWARE !
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

BEWARE !!!MONEY STOLEN FROM SAFE BOX . Please be very careful with your possessions as this Hotel cannot be trusted . I had 2400 euro stolen from the safebox and as expected the hotels response was that it was not their responsibility and that I could not prove what funds I had put in the safe box . Please stay well away from this place , it is not what is expected from a 4 star - pure evil thieves .

good place to stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The sound of the seuage pipe from the upper flower and no usb out let exept the one in the tv to charge ur phone

Alitel bet close to the old city quick check in / out good reats even at the bar good bathrom / shower

A very nice hotel at an affordable price
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

A picture on the wall was quite askew and there were a few aquuezed mosquitos from the previous summer on the wall. Two very easy things to fix, I wonder why they didn't.

The room and the bathroom were quite spacious. The desk was nice and so was the wardrobe. I noticed that the bathroom is suitable for senior citizens and not fully able bodied people which is not so common unless you specifically ask for it

The Breackfast is not ok.
    • Standard Triple Room

The Breackfast is not ok. Very unhealthy and every single day the same. There are so many options you can prepare for breackfast. Really very basic...

Basic clean and tidy room.

Booking.com said the city tax was included but at the hotel they said it wasn’t. It’s only €2 so not much but when the confirmation shows it is already paid for, that’s a bit poor.

Basic clean and tidy room. Only there for approx 8 hours so not much to comment on.

Absolute friendly staff.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Absolute friendly staff.Travelling with big car,have no possibility to go in underground garage.They eliberate one of their parking place.thank you!!!

This hotel was pretty decent, but not what I thought would be a 4 star hotel.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bed was not comfortable, room much simpler than I expected and no breakfast included for the price.

The lobby was nice, room decent, beds not too comfortable. The hotel is alright, but I just didn't think it should be rated 4 star. It was more expensive than other hotels I stayed in on this trip, that were much nicer. It didn't even include breakfast for this price. But all in all, it was very pleasant.

Good but bit pricey
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The double bed was made from two single ones, but it was not locked by any clamp so the beds were spilling. Is bit pricey and they reserving money from the card after reservation but before check-in for a first night.

NIce and clean, staff was helpful and friendly.

Great location and price. Good use of public transport system from here will get you anywhere
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bedroom walls are very thin and can hear everything next door. People disrespectful in hallways late at night with noise

Staff very friendly and helpful. Rooms beautiful.

Verona Weekend
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

30 minute walk from town centre, cleaners were loud in other rooms in the morning. Couldn’t take tea and coffee etc up to the room.

It was very clean, peaceful, staff were very friendly, breakfast was basic but good! Comfortable and clean room, nice and spacious.

Nice hotel, good value.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Plastic, disposable cups. Location 20-25 min away from the center, but there is a bus station right next to the hotel that goes to the center.

Cleanliness, nice staff. We got a superior room upgrade (as we had to wait for the usual checkin hour, although we were there very early - could leave the bags there). Good facilities. Good breakfast.

Super clean hotel with great breakfast
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

- Bigger TV would have been nice, ours was a bit on the small side and if your eye sight is not hawk like it's a bit of a struggle - The hair dryer wasn't great, if you have long hair it's difficult to dry because the dryer is kind of weak - Sometimes you could hear everything going on upstairs and downstairs. People moving their chairs upstairs, flushing etc.

- Really good location, close to the centre and lots of transport links. - Room was very big. - Mini-bar's prices were reasonable - Beds were super comfortable - Very, very clean. Cleaners would also clean the room every day and provide us with new towels every day - Breakfast is definitely worth it. There is lots of choice and the times are good. Some properties have breakfast from 7:00 - 8:00 which doesn't let you sleep if you want to have breakfast. This property's was a bit later which was nice. - Staff were all really friendly and accommodating. - Big windows (which was nice because it was quite warm)

A very good hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Nice Hotel close to San Zeno by walking distance. The staff is nice and helpful, rooms are well furbished and wifi is working properly. Availability of parking place in the underground garage. Breakfast is also decent with a good choice of sweet/salty.

Modern base to explore an ancient city.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Large room and bathroom were such a relief from our smaller hotels in other cities. Breakfast was outstanding and included in the room. The wi-fi worked very well. The hotel is in a residential district, just a 10 minute walk to the old parts of town inside the walls. Great location for the hop on hop off bus tour.

Verona bayou
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Giving very little that 4star hotel mark promise. Being close to the bayou gave out little or no walk trough, I expected family friendly walking areas and parks seen on the similar locations in other cities. Breakfast was also very basic on the verge of collapse, most of the gas stations and shops are closed in the area giving quite a grim look to the whole experience. Relatively long walk to the city center with nothing much to see considering.

Liking the explore new areas this hotel is more passing trough property that gives little or nothing about life outside the city center. Being close to the bayou gave out little or no walk trough, I expected family friendly walking areas and parks seen on the similar locations in other cities jet Verona proves to be central and cafe orientated society that will hopefully and gradually welcome tourists not confirming to guided tours in the future.

Friendly welcome. Comfortable stay.

The only real negative was that the air conditioning was not working properly so it was quite hot in the room when we slept at night. The breakfast room is a little small (but we managed to find a table and we enjoyed the food).

The staff are welcoming and friendly. They were happy to give us recommendations on what to do and where to eat. The room was clean and spacious. The bed was king sized and very comfortable. The hotel is in a great location (a short 10 minute walk from the arena and there are lots of restaurants and bars nearby too). We felt very safe at the hotel. Would definitely stay again!

Pleasant stay, with just a few things to get adjusted to.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The mattress wasn't as comfy as we were to believe by other reviews. There was an odd lack of space for clothing, leading to lack of space as we had to keep everything in our suitcases. The dark colours of the walls are disturbing to start with but you get used to them. A strange lack of stairs, meaning an obligation to use the lift wouldn't be a problem normally, but we were on the first floor, so it often would have been faster to walk than to wait for the lift (there were stairs, but only for emergency use).

We were upgraded to a Superior Room upon our arrival, no added costs. The hotel is relatively central, and you can easily walk to the town centre. Breakfast had several options, meaning you could have something different every morning. The reception was kind and very helpful.

Good hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

A bit far from city center : 10 euro for taxi to Piazza Brà.

Clean, comfortable, quiet environment, safe underground parking with elevator direct access to the floors.

One of the best hotels we've stayed in.
    • Standard Triple Room

We stayed in this hotel for 4 nights together with wife and our big son and we highly recommend it to anyone passing thru Verona. The staff not only makes you feel comfortable and welcome, but the service is great at all levels, all very well organized and with a nice overall feeling. The hotel and rooms looks much much better in reality than we initially thought based on the online photos. For us the room looked so good that we thought was newly renovated, only later we found to be still in line for the process. It was wide and spacious, with everything we needed, including affordable mini-bar, good air conditioning, comfortable beds for silent and good to rest in the night. All very modern, stylish and functional. Not last, the location is also extremely convenient, 30 min walk range from citta antica. The area is safe and there is an undergrounded parking for a fee of 10 euro/day with direct access to your main floor.

Expensive but relaxing stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It was alright but honestly I splurged on this hotel as a one-off treat so I was looking forward to some luxury after paying as much as I did, and I don't feel like I got much more than what I usually get for half the price. My room wasn't quite as luxurious as the pictures suggest, it is essentially as small and basic as any typical Italian hotel; were it not for the room service and mini-bar I would have expected this to be a 3-star hotel. Very few plug sockets too, and none near the bed so I had to sit in a metal chair by the wall in the evening while my phone charged! Definitely expected more from the price and the hotel listing. That said, the people complaining about there being too few lunch/dinner options at the hotel need to get a life haha get out and explore Verona instead then!

Good location; fairly quiet, a bit spooky at night but as a lone female I was perfectly safe. The number 11 bus leaves a few times an hour from right outside the hotel to the train station (and I think onwards to Piazza Bra/the arena). The 28-minute trek to the train station isn't a pleasant walk but if you allow more time you can walk via Piazza Bra, which is allegedly a 25-minute walk but feels much shorter, as it's past two large and pretty piazzas (good lively place for dinner if you don't want to walk far from the hotel, and lots of places to pick up a gelato on the walk back at night!) and along the Arno with a view of the castle bridge. From there it's another 15mins to the station but there are two large supermarkets in Piazza Bra which are good for breakfast. Failing that there's a Lidl very close to the hotel which actually has better (and cheaper) pastries and bread! Couldn't find a late-night supermarket nearby but the Pam in Piazza Bra is open 'til midnight. Offered a free shuttle service to/from the opera. Very clean room and communal areas, a couple of English tv channels which is a rarity in Italy, good selection of free toiletries, spacious shower with shelf and a seating area (good for shaving your legs tbh haha). Hairdryer was good enough that I ended up not using the one I brought with me which is rare. Mini-bar was stuffed full of goodies but there was still room for a few of my own drinks! At check-out they simply asked me if I'd had anything from the mini-bar that needed to be added to my bill, I appreciated that trust! Also one night I came back and the bathroom light immediately blew; I went down and asked reception if they had a replacement bulb but within 45 minutes someone came up to my room and repaired it for me, very good service for 10.30 at night! Would stay here again if I booked in advance and got it for a better price!

a big and spacious room, very clean and tidy, the reception...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It was not easy to get public bus in the morning before 9pm and only hotel taxi,

a big and spacious room, very clean and tidy, the reception is very nice for the service, the breakfast is excellent, you can have everything for the breakfast you like. A river just in front of the hotel.

Good value for money
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Air conditioning in the room could not be adjusted. It just cooled the air on its own. City tax had to paid cash only.

Good breakfast options. There are also outside seatings available. You can buy public transport tickets from the reception

You get good value for money close to city centre with free parking on the street
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

booked a double bed and got two small beds pushed together (sucks when that happens). That is the only reason i gave less points for comfort.

good location, walking distance from the city centre. free parking on the street next to hotel. good value for money.

A nice hotel close to the center (very easy by bus)
    • Standard Triple Room

The air conditioning did not work well in our room. Our room on the 4th floor (under the roof) was very warm. We did not take any breakfast. The price is 10 euro per person, which is a lot for an italian breakfast. Next to the hotel is a nice cafetaria. (closed on Sunday) They have several types of very tasteful panini and toast.

The staff is very friendly. There are 2 buses to the center. Bus number 11 does not drive on Sunday. You can buy bus tickets at the reception, which is a great service!

Spacy rooms & huge bed
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Location ; air condition was extremely loud. No restaurant in the hotel, nearest pizzeeia 10 min to walk in the darkness. Breakfast charged extra for 10 € pro person

Spacy rooms & huge bed

Fair price, but bellow expectations
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The rooms are a little bit old, it could use some renovation and fresh air.

A fair price for the location, not in the middle of the old city but easy to acces the public transportation. Rooms are big but not as what you expect for a 4 * hotel.

Nice hotel within a taxi drive from main attractions
    • Standard Triple Room

Beds were uncomfortable/hard but that's been the standard everywhere we've stayed so far

Parking was very convenient, shower and bathroom were great. Location was a bit far from main attractions but it was only 10 euro one way. Verona was lovely and the food and sights were amazing

Nice enough hotel, around 15 minutes walk from the Bentegodi, home of Hellas Verona FC
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Hard to get a beer late on as the bar seems to shut very early, and it's only bottles anyway, should not be difficult just to get one out of the fridge!

Friendly and helpful staff

Good quality for price.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No scrambled eggs or hot meal for breakfast, I would expect that in a 4-star hotel.

Helpful staff member informed us correctly about parking and public transport options. Arena is a 30-min walk. Rooms well equipped, silent, spacious. Big and comfortable bed.

Friendly staff
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Air conditioning can't cope in all the rooms when it's too hot so had no air conditioning in mine for a night and had to change room Rooms dated

Friendly staff Clean room Free travel to arena when opera is on

Reasonably priced, comfortable hotel with parking withing easy reach of Verona centre
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was big and comfortable and the staff were very helpful. This hotel is very good value and it was easy to get into the centre of Verona by bus.

Marie June 2017
    • Standard Triple Room

Small room if anything, but most hotel rooms are small.

Perfect room for 3 people! We opted for 3 single beds, had a room safe, and plenty of towels! Within walking distance to the Arena but we like to walk.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Not that close to city centre as they claim
    • Standard Triple Room

Staff and service were below any standard. For example. they didn' have an extra blanket for my kid (apart from the fact that those blankets in the room were dirty). Hotel is at least 45 minutes away from city centre and receptionist told me 15 minutes walking distance (true if you walk with your car).

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Very bad bed!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bed and pillow were horrible. The staff was not friendly and even charged my wrong card without approval. Location is pretty irrelevant so overall only a good place if you can't find anything else (that's what happened to us).

They were able to accept our reservation quite late in the day (10pm) for the same night and most available of the hotels in Verona had issues with that (as they'd have no one to do the check-in at 11pm when we were to arrive).

• Reviewed: 3 December 2016

Nice hotel not very far from center
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was pretty poor for its cost (doesn't cost 10 EUR).. the right price is somewhere around 5 EUR.

Good hotel for its money. The room was clean. It's not too far from the center (20-25 minutes of walking), not expensive indoor parking compare to other hotels closer to the center (10 EUR).

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

I really don't recomend, specially if you arrive late :-(
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Night reception I had a reservation but when arrived, there is no room, should wait and asked for one big bed and there was three separated single beds in my room, spotted mirror, bad wi-fi (mobile internet faster than that), no plug next to the bed and I extended one more night and they charged the breakfast (that was included in all other days)!

Breakfast, bag room to keep your stuffs after check out

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

Good but not particularly close to the town (15 - 20 min walk)
    • Standard Triple Room

Parking was an additional charge so had to park in the road. The hotel should make visitors aware of this before they turn up.

Breakfast was good but expensive. The room was fine.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

The beds were extremely comfortabel and the air conditioning...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

A double bed rather than 2 singles. The small size (and slow response) of the elevators.

The beds were extremely comfortabel and the air conditioning operated quietly

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

Well.
    • Superior Junior Suite

Well... The breakfast is absolutely horrible!!! There is almost nothing you can eat. The container with eggs was always empty. When I asked the stuff to fill it, they brought the scramble eggs and it was cold! You know: if you've ever eaten cold scramble eggs, you will know what I mean. The selection of bred and other food was miserable. The Breakfastroom is small and tightly. Stuff was unfriendly and annoyed. My best experience in this hotel was: when I asked for the iron and the ironboard, lady at the reception said to me I need to take my dress and go in the underground to iron my dress there. To my question why they can't give me the iron in my room they answered: for the safety reason. Never heard it before. And I travelling every week around the world. My opinion: never again! Bella Italia has much better places to stay in.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

Comfortable and good value.
    • Standard Triple Room

The location was good for price but a bit of a walk into the centre of Verona. Ok if you don't mind walking.

Staff friendly and room comfortable and spacious. Easy to find and parking great.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

All Good Value
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The nighttime staff not so great. Room service wouldn't even bring up spare pillows and claimed there was only two spare pillows in the hotel? The room was OK but a little dated.

The daytime staff where fantastic. So friendly and helpful. If the rest of the experience was as good as the day staff it would have been a massive score.

Comfortable stay at a reasonable price.

Great breakfast.

Great hotel , parking , wifi

Breakfast needs better optiond

Great hotel , parking , wifi

Good value
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

A bit trouble with air condition

Within walking distance to city centre, good parking, nice rooms and helpful staff

Clean, quiet and the staff were helpful.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Clean, quiet and the staff were helpful.

Great location, friendly staff and good clean rooms
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Private Parking

Very small shower

Great location, friendly staff and good clean rooms

Siksez huva

Bad toaster, would have liked a wider selection of bread and fruit. Few power outlets.

Roomy room for 2 people, cramped for 3.

Well worth the money and you will not be disappointed.
    • Standard Triple Room

It was quiet while being only a few blocks away from the cathedral. Easy walk from the train station or to catch the bus to the airport.

Good choise.
    • Superior Triple Room with Private Parking

A little to hard bed and pillow.

God location by car and close to old city with all historicals to see. Quite room. Garage.

Nice stay, friendly staff but basic facilities
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Basic facilities, small TV in room. 2 single beds made the double.

Air con, and plenty of space. Very clean too

It is a great hotel if you want to discover Verona.
    • Superior Triple Room with Private Parking

Hotel and the parking were perfect. Minibar was for free, we were happy about it. Breakfast was great.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Great location! Bus stop right outside the entrance. Staff was super friendly and helpful

Very clean, friendly and supportive.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Scrambled egg were quite cold. Should keep it warm. The pillows are not comfortable.

Very clean, friendly and supportive. I like it!

Food

Food

Close to the center.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

They charge for the parking but on the webpage says free parking. The matress was a little bit to hard.

Close to the center. Big bed.

very clean and new room
    • Superior Triple Room with Private Parking

the room was double with an extra bed to become triple, but when the extra bed was added there was no enough space

very clean and new room

The room was a bit outdated

The room was a bit outdated

Comfortable, enjoyable pleasant

Nothi g

Everything i expect from a nice hotel was there - big comfy bed, well stocked bathroom, good selection of food for breakfast no hassles.

Good stay

Nice clean room and bathroom.

Everything was fine except for the toilet.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Everything was fine except for the toilet. It was a bit high :/

staff very kind

the price

the cleanliness, the staff

Good value for money
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast could have been included in this price

Very nice bathroom

Pleasant and comfortable

Everything was perfect

Bedding was excellent and staff were very helpfull and friendly

Good place

No fitness center

Friendly staff and clean room with relatively new furniture. Bed was comfortable.

Walking distance to the city centre, friendly staff, clean,...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Private Parking

Walking distance to the city centre, friendly staff, clean, comfortable, quiet, nice wallpapers.