Reviews of Hotel Panama 3 stars

Via XX Settembre 80, 50129 Florence, Italy

#236 of 384 hotels in Florence

Too overly priced.

Too overly priced. Additional breakfast charges was a joke just by looking at the variety they had to offer - just a few bread slices, pastries & ONLY 1 hot drink included. For any added hot drink, you would be charged. The finishing touches were not good at all - no iron, no toiletries. However, I would say I am not happy with the price I paid. It was clearly not more than a 3 star!

The room we were initially assigned was very small and...
    • Economy Double Room

The room we were initially assigned was very small and uncomfortable. The air conditioning didn't work and the room was located right along a busy Main Street making it difficult to sleep with all the noise and humidity. The evening staff was unable to fix the air conditioning and was unable to switch our room. Then next day we complained again to the morning staff and they were able to switch our room without hesitation.

I'd stay again.
    • Economy Double Room

My only complaint: room just a little too warm and the air con didn't seem to work v. well.

Friendly reception and staff. Pleasant, quiet location. Didn't have breakfast in my particular deal but Piazza della Liberta nearby has a lovely place (Liberta) that does the job perfectly.

Great place!

The place is very close to the centre and bus stations. Great location and very helpful staff. Clean and cozy! Exceptional hotel for the money! Definatly will stay again! We came late but everything was perfect and the guy on the desk was smiling and help us find place to eat. Although bulding is old inside the rooms was clean and comfortable.

10/10 for a 3* hotel - you get what you pay for.
    • Economy Double Room

The only complaint I have about the hotel is the level of comfort, but this is a 3* hotel remember! The beds and pillows are very hard. If we had been staying for just a night or two, it would have been OK but staying a week made us miss our own beds! The shower was also not very nice - very powerful which is usually a great thing, but the shower head was old and some of the jets of water were much stronger than others which made the shower uncomfortable.

The staff in this hotel are lovely, they couldn't do enough for you! The building is beautiful and the rooms are very spacious. The hotel is in a relatively quiet area (for Florence!) Our room was cleaned perfectly every day. As a 3* hotel, I feel they meet expectations.

Short and sweet. We were comfortable during our short stay.
    • Double or Twin Room

Location was a little off the beaten track. I wasn't exactly pleased to be charged for the second cup of coffee.

Accommodations were very clean and comfortable. Staff friendly and helpful. View from our balcony to back area quite nice. Quiet.

I will never recommend this hotel to anyone.

Didn’t like anything!

I absolutely hated everything about this hotel!! The staff, including the hotel manager, especially Francesco, were very rude and unfriendly.., I almost wanted to book another hotel and move out if there was an availability. Unfortunately, all others were fully booked. Could not wait to get out. The location was ok, not too far from the Center, 15-20 minute walk. They charged for very bad breakfast as well. I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone.

We drove in to Florence and choose this because we had a car...
    • Double or Twin Room

We drove in to Florence and choose this because we had a car there was good street parking near the hotel. The receptionist was so kind and nice she told us about a great restaurant that we enjoyed. It is about 20 min walk to the center, Florence is small so when you're downtown everything is near you. If you have a car it is a good choice and we had a balcony. I would stay there again.

We had a splendid visit to Florence. Hotel Panama made it possible.
    • Double or Twin Room

It's a beautiful little hotel. The staff could not be nicer and more helpful. Breakfast was very good with a variety of breads, boiled eggs, cheese, muesli and cereal. The coffee and juices were good. Kitchen closes after breakfast but when we asked the receptionist in the afternoon if we could have tea, she cheerfully brought us a kettle and milk and we had our compulsive British cuppa. We used our own M&S tea bags. Our bedroom was very comfortable with a large double bed. Bathroom was a little tight but adequate. Hotel location is not central but it is within easy walking distance of the main sites and there are good bus links. Being out of city centre it is quiet and peaceful. We had many hours to kill after our check out and we were allowed to use hotel facilities till the evening.

a bit distance from the attractions but still within a walking distance and the bus stop is only 2 minutes from the hotel

nice and comfortable room, friendly staff

Wonderful staff, clean and comfy place to relax after a day walking around the city
    • Economy Double Room

It was a great feeling after a long day of travelling to arrive at this hotel. It's a 15-20 minute walk from the train station Firenze SMN. The location, although not in the city centre, felt safe, and is walking distance to all the major sights in the city. The staff are super friendly and accommodating, and really went the extra mile to assist us with all our needs. This really stood out to us and we would stay here again because of it!

Strongly recommended

Location is not perfect but not a big problem. You get to the city center in 15 minutes on foot.

The room was big and comfortable. The hotel is not very big but it is very sweet, clean, lovely.You really get what you pay. Hotel guys are really helpful. They immediately provide what you need and give helpful advices about the city.It was a pleasure to stay there. Strongly recommend to everyone, especailly to the faimlies travelling with children.

Hotter than hell
    • Double or Twin Room

A small dark hot room with only one power socket available The bathroom/ toilet was so small that you had to wedge your knees against opposing wall to sit on the toilet. If your over six ft your in real trouble using toilet. I would say the bathroom was 3ft 6 inches wide. I couldn't turn around in the shower without hitting the control tap and scalding myself. On the plus side the water was hot. Air conditioner didn't work throughout building in 30 degree temperature. When I complained I got an Italian shrug of shoulders. This hotel states it has air con but not that it is a working version of air con. No offer a discount was made as the owners of the hotel could not be contacted. Room on main road very noisy with traffic and frogs from the near stagnant canal that ran alongside road of hotel. We are covered in mosquito bites from having the bedroom window open thru night. Charged 19 euros a day for parking Breakfast held in dungeon like basement with little choice served by a hostille waitress who constantly banged plates around while hand washing dirty dishes. One coffee per guest after that you had to pay extra for coffee !!!!! €390.00 for 3 nights of hell

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

The location was great.
    • Double or Twin Room

The bathroom was a mess. Shower head loose in the wall, toilet seat loose. Free pool when showering,water all over the floor. Pillows uncomfortable and the worst was the breakfast. A server who let everybody know she didn't like her job,croissants were old the coffee cold. You pay for the second cup, just one hot drink included

The location was great. Everything is in walking distance. Very quiet room. Very clean and room was spacious. Very friendly desk personal. He told us how to get around and we took his restaurant advice. Awesome food for reasonable price!!

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

From the outside looks like a Florence gem, but step inside an entirely different story.
    • Double or Twin Room

Pillows flat and non supportive. The bidet in the shower. The noise of the air conditioning rattling on the wall all night and the sewer stench when we tried to heat the freezing cold room up. Staff that do nothing about issues. You've paid your money up front so just suck it up. The breakfast was on the cheap. Cheap ham and cheese and bread. Stale pastries. If you have more than one hot drink you need to pay extra. I can't believe with the limited choice and cheap ingredients they would ask you to pay for another coffee.

Nothing really.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Balcony with seats, couch in the room
    • Double or Twin Room

Far from main attractions-too far to walk and bus routes are not always reliable. It is an old building, small bathroom, no hot beverages with breakfast which is very basic

Balcony with seats, couch in the room

Things are quite good genreally, but it takes 20 mins bus to...

Things are quite good genreally, but it takes 20 mins bus to the old town central( where all the main attractions are and the bus are not so frequent) and 30 mins walk.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

This is a very nice hotel!

The rooms are very clean. There are very good conditions to spend some nights in Florence. The location is also very good to reach train station and the old city center too. The breakfast is very good, has sweets, hot and cold dinks, salamy and cheese.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

location close to the center, 1.

the bed!!

location close to the center, 1.2 km-15 minutes walking.good staff. if you like exploring by foot it's a perfect location and you got bus station near the hotel 50 m if you are tired of walking.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

Avoid if you can. Poor value

Mattresses in beds were awful.Material / furniture in room was degraded. No exhaust fan in bathroom causing room to stink. Toilet bowl too high even for average adult. Toilet flush working erratically.

Towels were changed everyday

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Really good deal
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast could be improved, although enough for the ones who are not keen on a big meal in the morning.

Really good location, between the train station and the city's main attractions. Clean and quiet place. One of the best deals ever, considering the price I was charged.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

great stay with decent price
    • Economy Double Room

The location was 15 min by walks from either station or centre. So, it's up to you.

It was really great. We got a good deal,the room was big and clean, accompanied with ac and refrigerator and bathroom. The staffs were great, it was really satisfactory.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Comfortable, spacious rooms.
    • Economy Double Room

Staff were sometimes awkward or off; were rude to us for taking our key out, though no one had informed us that we had to leave it at reception in the first place! Refused us exit almost on one night, too.

Comfortable, spacious rooms.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

great location, friendly staff.
    • Economy Double Room

Great location, around the corner from a supermarket, and very close to the train station. The staff were very friendly and made sure we felt welcome.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

The style of the place was attractive and the staff were...

The room was small and right on a busy street, so pretty noisy. Also, there was no screen on the window so I didn't want to let mosquitos in (it's a thing!). That made it tough to get fresh air. I put a do not disturb sign on the door one day, but service still came in and cleaned the room anyways. But still, overall a good experience.

The style of the place was attractive and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

I WILL COME BACK TO THIS HOTEL! I WILL RECOMMEND IT TO EVERYONE.

More choice for vegan/wheat and diary free. Wheat free bread for toast. Extra coffee without the extra charge. Almond milk and wheat free cereal. In fact, more hot drinks all round would have been much better. De-caff coffee too. I loved the selection of fruit teas etc. And ALL the presentation was lovely. JUST MORE HOT DRINKS without extra charge, AND THE ABILITY TO GET A CUP OF HOT WATER in the evenings. The staff on reception were varied, most would get you hot water, there was 1 gentleman would wouldnt! I was on floor 1, and there was a lovely balcony overlooking the courtyard. It was unpleasant to try and sit there in the evenings as some of the staff used it for smoking, and it didn't feel part of the guests area [to me]. I don't like sitting near ash trays. A little kettle in the room to make an evening hot tea would have rounded of everything to make it perfect. But thankyou for all you did.

Fruit only. Sorry, not the Hotel's fault. I had put in my booking that I was Vegan/Diary and Wheat free. But on my first morning, the lovely lady at the coffee machine fetched me a packet of rice cakes and I had them with jam on. Dont even eat honey. Wheat free bread would be good for toast. Apart from breakfast, I had a little drama resulting in lost keys. The lovely lady on reception did all she could, ringing around to places I had been the night before etc. Finally the keys turned up in a taxi, so all was well. But she stayed very calm with me and handled everything professionally and with compassion. The house-keeping team need a mention as they were all brilliant. Keeping my room nice and fresh and clean at all times. Access to free bicycles. Efficient aircom and great showers with hot water. Loved the little fridge in the room. Felt VERY safe at all times. The reception is staffed 24/7. I had a problem with charging my phone and I was lent another cable instantly. I could go on and on about all they did. Emails beforehand were answered fast and professionally. Great value for money.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

superb
    • Double or Twin Room

Wifi is very weak, it must be something done about it.

The room was spacious with a comfortable bed. Central air conditioning was great and made it enjoyable stay in the room while the outside temperature was 37 degrees. The staff was very friendly. Breakfast was excellent. The city center is a 20-minute walk from the hotel.We had a room on the first floor, facing the street and it was very pleasant to sleep because there was no noise. Very quiet place. All recommendations.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

Great choice

Great location, the historic centre is only a 15 minute walk. Good value for money, the room was comfortable, breakfast plentiful, and the staff very helpful. I really appreciated that they helped me prebook a ticket to the Uffizi.

Front desk service: understanding and professional

Front desk service: understanding and professional

The fact that the property is relatively old but well...

The fact that the property is relatively old but well maintained and you can feel more like you are in Italy.

Great location in walking distance to everything
    • Double or Twin Room

No bar & mosquitos in room

Great location in walking distance to everything

The bed was so narrow and the room was small.

The bed was so narrow and the room was small. Inconvenient American type shower

Was worth the money paid for

Rooms are too small.

Was worth the money paid for

Nice little hotel for the price.
    • Economy Double Room

The decoration in the room is just average.

Even though our room faced the street it was very quiet.

Nice little hotel, but needs redecorating.

Room was tired, wallpaper patched. Only one proper towel, surcharge for more.

Nice staff, clean.

I'm very satisfıed.

If have known this hotel ı would never stay another place and ı will recommend everybody.I loved everything💕

Very clean and very good location,and quiet.

Very clean and very good location,and quiet.staff very friendly and very polite

never again
    • Double or Twin Room

Very small bathroom with a horrible shower. Expensive parking place and quite dirty rooms.

Service is great, available parking, front desk lady is very...

No near supermakrets

Service is great, available parking, front desk lady is very helpful .

All was good very local to town centre

All was good

All was good very local to town centre

Ancient place

Looked ancient

The staff members were extremely helpful.

The staff members were extremely helpful. This hotel is a great value and convenient to the city center.

Comfortable hotel in a green and quiet neighborhood-

No complaints, really.

Area quieter and greener than centro storico. Bus connection to station coneniently around the corner.

Good location and included breakfast

Rooms and ensuite bathrooms are small.

Good location and included breakfast

Staff is quite nice and helpful.

It is a little far from famous spots and train station, Firenze S.M.N. Walking to those places needs about 15 mins.

Staff is quite nice and helpful.

The ac not very good and the matttress not the best but was...
    • Economy Double Room

The ac not very good and the matttress not the best but was ok

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

It was good enought for night, but in the room it was...
    • Economy Double Room

It was good enought for night, but in the room it was strange smell...

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

would stay again
    • Double or Twin Room

Room was very quiet. Comfortable bed and decent bathroom. Didn't try the breakfast because we walked into town for breakfast every day.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

Great value, nice historic setting.

I wish there were more vegan options

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

The staff was very welcoming.
    • Economy Double Room

The staff was very welcoming. They gave us a city map and described the attractions and how to get around the city.

Nice big room and bathroom, stylish hotel, walking distance...
    • Economy Double Room

Nice big room and bathroom, stylish hotel, walking distance to the centre, Friendly staff, Secure car parking, Good value

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

Good location, large rooms with good shower and fine beds

Good location, large rooms with good shower and fine beds

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

Kiraly

Perfect :)

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Ok for 50$a night booking.com moderate ...close to train bus 13

Not so pretty inside and unfriendly night staff...didn't help w luggage

Smelled of smoke in whole hotel...unfriendly check-in unhelpful and curt

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast without any vegetables. Room to dark and old . Beds wasn't comfortable .

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

Excellent value for a good hotel if your prepared to walk 20 minutes to town.

Distance from town small shower and hard bed

Good value, clean and helpful staff nice decor and traditional building

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

Very poor WiFi connection.
    • Double or Twin Room

Very poor WiFi connection. Very patchy and kept cutting; also very slow at times.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

Beautiful room and close for walking!
    • Double or Twin Room

The AC didn't really work.

The room was a suite and had a beautiful balcony & view. Parking was secure.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2016

Good hotel, clean, quiet, efficient, absolutely no...

The only thins is location - there is about 20-30 (depending on how fast you go) minute walk to the city centre. Wasn't a problem for us, but you should consider that.

Good hotel, clean, quiet, efficient, absolutely no complaints.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2016

Great location, 200m from MEtro Repubblica (next to railway...

No wifi (wifi was absent all 3 days....), city tax paid by card only after negative conversation with stuff....

Great location, 200m from MEtro Repubblica (next to railway station Termini). Clean room

• Reviewed: 30 April 2016

Was a nice boutique hotel.

Bath tube was so small to fit in. Bed was making more noise than us!

Was a nice boutique hotel. Breakfast standard was above the average Europe standard. Staff was friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 1 April 2016

price is reasonable, good location, friendly staffs,...

a little noise for the room close to the street, but it is fine for me, I had a ear plug

price is reasonable, good location, friendly staffs, breakfast is ok.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2016

It was quite, the room was clean although the furniture is a...

I didnt like the fact that I always had to open the window. It felt like there is not enough of fresh air in the room. I think thats because of the building. It is old, and if someone is smoking in a room you can smell it right away in yours. So the only solution I found was to sleep with an open window right by my side. And please do remember it was winter time, so..I am surprised how i didnt get sick.

It was quite, the room was clean although the furniture is a little bit old. The hotel is about 20 min away from the train station but the are where it is located is very nice.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2016

The location was alright.

The smell! I guess because people are allowed to smoke in the room, the smell...I can not even describe it..it didn't smell like someone was smoking next door, more like .. an ashtray. I could not fell asleep during all nights I stayed there because I felt like there was not enough fresh air in the room. Ended up opening the window (it was really cold).

The location was alright. The room was clean.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2015

The location was very convenient, and staff were marvellous...

We had booked a room with a bath which sadly had been allocated to someone else, we were then given another room which was spacious but clearly had not been used for some time as the water from the bath tap ran brown for the first 3 days. We used the shower. The point of having a bath was that my husband is disabled and cannot stand in a shower. The new room was up a flight of 15 steep stairs with no lift!

The location was very convenient, and staff were marvellous and couldn't have been more helpful. Always friendly and the room was cleaned immaculately every day, including Christmas Day.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2015

Great Location, only a few minutes' walk from the...

Great Location, only a few minutes' walk from the historical Center. Quiet and cozy place. Very friendly and helpful personel. The possibility to park our car in the court was absolutely appreciated! we can only reccomend the place for a short stay to see Florence!

• Reviewed: 17 October 2015

Friendly staff and a beautiful little hotel with a very cute...

The bed was extremely hard I had a sore back after a couple days. Quite a walk to station.

Friendly staff and a beautiful little hotel with a very cute balcony.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2015

Hot water nice staff and clean room, good size room.

Too far from city's center. Lots of street noise. Walk to the hotel was. Not so easy. Needed to. Use GPS frequently.

Hot water nice staff and clean room, good size room.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2015

Very big room, nice staff and nice location near the center.

The bathroom would flood every shower. Also, The shower area was pretty small.

Very big room, nice staff and nice location near the center. Good price compared to others in The same conditions.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2015

Super location, generaly nice staff but for special...

Poor wi-fi, simple breakfast - but ok for the begining of the day, and very, very, very small and uncomfortable bathroom - but few days you can survive :-)

Super location, generaly nice staff but for special attention deserves Carlos from reception who was extremely helpfull and you could have a confidence that he really wants to help not just listen and smile. Carlos - thanks for all !

• Reviewed: 23 July 2015

Good services for breakfast.

The fact that I did not get the service that was the main criteria for choosing this hotel. I was compleyely inconvenienced by poor WIFI. First 1 and half days no air conditioner. 2 days WIFI worked for less than half hour. They then moved me to main hotel where WIFI was meant to work better! OMG it was slow and worked randomly. I had to add extra days here just to get our panning right for next destination. This meant slerping very late as trying to research next destination was a hell of an experience. Wifi wifi what did I do to you?? I asked for discount based on issues experienced but nothing was offered despite being told on two occasions that they will speak to management. Hoping they will get back to me somehow.

Good services for breakfast. Clearing lady was nice. The three front counter officers were good though I was given empty promises that they will talk to management then get back. On check out nothing was mentioned regarding my requests

• Reviewed: 26 May 2016

Comfortable simplicity and perfect location for my needs

Maybe there could be more choice for breakfast

Comfortable simplicity and perfect location for my needs

• Reviewed: 12 May 2016

Staff is perfect, beautifull location.

Bed was small, normal breakfast, you can hear every sound just outside the hotel.

Staff is perfect, beautifull location.

• Reviewed: 3 May 2016

The location was good only a 10 min walk to everything.

The bathroom was really small with no ventilation.

The location was good only a 10 min walk to everything.

• Reviewed: 1 April 2016

Very friendly staff and nice room, 15-20 minutes walk from...

The heater didn't seem to work properly, it made my room way too warm

Very friendly staff and nice room, 15-20 minutes walk from train station

There are also 34 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hotel Panama traveller photo gallery