Reviews of Hotel La Pace 2 stars

Via Catalani 69, Città Studi, 20131 Milan, Italy

#394 of 429 hotels in Milan

6.1

• Reviewed: 20 October 2018

Very bad condition in hotel.

Very bad condition in hotel. The bathroom without drainage, you go down immediately. Poor breakfast. The location of the hotel is very far away from the means of transport...... I DO NOT RECOMMEND.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

NOT good value for money, staff deceptive.

The staff at the reception tried to cheat us into paying for the night we had already cancelled. He was not hospitable. The room heater didn't work. The Lift was tooo crammed (it read just for 3 people max).

Room was clean, bathroom big.

You'd better search for alternatives

A tube above your head in the bathroom hardly might be called a proper shower, a horrendous ceiling fan shakes during the night and makes terrifying noises as if it's going to drop straight on your head.

On the whole, the hotel is quite acceptable, its location is pretty close to the underground, all necessary facilities for surviving few nights are included, although I'd recommend to think twice.

Free wi-fi

There was no TV-signal in my room throughout my whole stay, even though I told twice both the receptionists but they didn't fix it during the 4-night stay I had.

Free wi-fi

Was a good cheap hotel and you get what you pay for.

Because of the position of the fan you can't use it with the lights on at risk of it looking like a Pink Floyd gig.

Was a good cheap hotel and you get what you pay for. Some really good resteraunts within walking distance.

Not as expected !!

The hotel is really cheap in quality, the workers are a little bit arrogant and don’t speak English, it’s a dangerous zone and the breakfast is bad. I don’t recommend!!

Review

Firstly, the painting hanging in our room above our bed fell down on top of us in the middle of the night. Bathroom facilities were extremely average. Location is not central to anything. 16 mins from metro which took another 12 mins to get to central Milan

Large room, decent breakfast

Clean room and bathroom.

Wifi signal was very weak. Bathroom was rather small. A fridge would be really convenient, especially in summer.

Clean room and bathroom. Friendly and kind stuff.

Great little hotel with super price/value rate.

The breakfast items are mostly sweet, a few more not so sugary options would be great. In the room we only found three sockets (of which one was in the bathroom), so if you have so many things to charge as we did (camera, two phones, power bank, tablet), you might need a distributor. But theese are just small things, overall we had a great time there.

Great little hotel with super price/value rate. The staff is very nice and our room was cleaned every day which we did not expect from this type of hotel. You have to walk a bit to the nearest metro stations, but it's not that bad. Our room looked at the yard, so it was quiet and the mattress was one of the best we ever slept on (seriously). Breakfast is fine, nothing special, but for the price it's okay. We can defenitely recommend the place.

Satisfactory

This is not the place if you want a luxurious stay in Milan. They provide all the basic necessities and the breakfast was also quite good. You get what you pay for, they advertise themselves as a 2 Star property and that is the level of service that they provide. I don't think it would be possible to get some place better and cheaper than this in Milan.

Poor furniture inside the room, dirty walls, very bad smell...

Poor furniture inside the room, dirty walls, very bad smell and noise from the bathroom. The breakfast has been absolutely one and the same for three days and mostly with ready-packed , frugal food.

Staff was nice and polite.

Some of another guests was very noisy. The parking in hotel was 10 euro per day. This should be included.

Staff was nice and polite. Room and bathroom were clean. Service was good, the breakfast was good too, but the food was the same every day.

Very nice hotel! We will definitely choose it again when we come back to Milan!

We found the room a little bit cold during the night.

Very nice staff, quite close to the city center by metro, everything we needed for a 3 days trip

Definitely would not be back again

First review on bookimg.pNothing but the fact itself. The room is fine the breakfast i would also give it ok,what upset me and my girlfriend most is the staff 'Anna'. Yeah i specifically ask for her name so that i can mention her in this comment. So here is the story:We asked if we can leave the luggage in hotel and come back to get it later as we were checking out in the morning. She told us it is free until 14:00 and after that it costs 5euro per luggage. I rarely get charged for luggage deposit in a hotel but i would take it, but 5euro per piece? I was hesitating and my girlfriend said we were not sure if we can make it before 14:00 and then she said we have to pay first.Excuse me?she said she dont know if we were coming back and she has to make sure.Excuse me again?we repeated ourselves that we were going out to have a walk and do some shopping so i dont know when to come back either.She insisted that we pay first. We gave her 10euro for two pieces because there is simply no way that we can carry these with us while shopping. And then came whats more frustrated:she showed us a corner behind a chair in the lobby,just just by the entrance,and tell us to put the luggage there. SERIOUSLY?for this price?anyway we just want to get over with it so we leave the luggage there and rushed out the door since we dont want to see that arrogant face one more second.When we went back to the hotel in the afternoon i was another lady at the reception,which is nice and cute. I told her that they will get a bad review unfortunately, nothing to do with her but the other staff,that attitude really. She told us she is not the boss but the manager.So Anna the manager,you really did a good job!

Overall clean hotel , good staff , breaky was in building next door and average but exceptable

Location was ok , a 15 min walk to Loreto tube station on M1 line . A little off the beaten track but ok . After a long day on your feet it was a little far in my view . Google maps isn’t accurate allow an extra 20 mins on foot that’s stated .

Clean rooms

Decent hotel for the price

Dirt under bed. Rooms are cleaned every day but somehow they miss something here and there.

Excellent staff. Beni was helping us with everything we need from guiding us to printing us ticket. Best you can get for the price. Clean bathroom.

Everything was good except 2 things

Disappointed about internet

Everything was good except 2 things Wifi doesnt work..veeeery very slowly or even not. They said wind influence it 🙄 Second: Whenyou are late for breakfast there is no bread ham or croissants for you. Good price.for Milan

Near the central train station.

It would have been good if the night attendant was able to call on their machine a taxi that was good for three people. I told him to call a big taxi but he did not know how so he called two taxis for us since the first one was a small one and can only accomodate two. Someone should show him how to do this.

There was parking on site inside the hotel.

Excellent for that prize!

The only thing that I didn't feel comfortable with is that the cover sheet on my bad was not something that was changed and washed regularly.

Free wifi. Clean toilet, clean sheets (but not the cover of the bed), desk to work at, big balcony was a nice surprise. I just wish some station of hot water was closer to my room, for my diy coffee.

Great value for money

The walls are a bit thin, but that wasn't much of a problem.

It was much better and comfortable than we expected, especially considering the price. It's close to both M1 and M2 lines and the staff is quite nice. We had free Wi-Fi, even though we didn't pay for it, so that's an extra perk.

Ok for one or two nights if you don't expect much.

Damaged furniture, closet (no hangers and broken bar to hang them from), door handle, sheets instead of quilts, etc. One of the 3-person rooms was in fact an adapted 2-person room.

Breakfast was ok if you like sweet breakfasts (buns, jam, croissants with chocolate, etc.). Sheets were clean.

Comfortable and enjoyable.

Shower controls were a bit dodgy. Maybe a new lick of paint to brighten hotel. Hotel names a bit confusing.

Staff pleasant, quite a good choice at breakfast for the money

Nice place, good location, not free wifi, simple breakfast

No meat at the breakfast-you need to bring it :) Wifi was for extra fee!

Good location. The room was simple but large enough. Coffee was very good at breakfast

I tried to keep as far away from this hotel as possible!

EVERYTHING! Until you get to grips with the area it is such a trek from Metro. I would recommend that Booking.com remove this hotel from their site. I believe the reviews on trip advisor have been either written by the staff themselves or by complete idiots who have never stayed in a decent low budget hotel. I have stayed in better hostels than this. I will give a full review of this hotel on trip advisor. Even the signage of the hotel is bad, nowhere outside the hotel does it say Hotel Pace (Pace means peace, you get none in this hotel) It says hotel Madrid and Catalini..........WHY? I BEG YOU TO AVOID THIS HELL HOLE!

Nothing, the staff do not speak your language, some are so rude I wonder how they still have a job, you arrive, they give you a key, they don't inform you of when or where breakfast is or how to contact reception from the phone in your room, there is no air conditioning and the ceiling fan does nothing with it being 10ft high up. My first cell - sorry room had not even a picture or painting on the wall. .....AVOID THIS HOTEL

never go back there again

The reception staff was the bad especially the man with the beard. Also the hotel was dirty and the outside area where you could sit was full of ants spiders and tick insects I did get bit bye them not happy at all.

the only thing that I liked about the hotel was the free breakfast .

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Not so excited

The room looked old and not very clean, it wasn't possible to lift half of the shade, mirror was broken and fixed with just a tape. There was a ceiling fan, which was producing clicking sounds while on, but without air-co there was no other option. Bathroom was also quite a disaster. Toilet has already passed its best days, nowhere to hang towels and the shower was just terrible. Just fixed headshower without possibility to move it, water temperature wasn't stable at all and the shower door was leaking. Breakfast was alright, but there could be also something else than just sweet stuff. Fresh breads were limited, so we were able to get it only some days so first come first serve.

Although it sounds horrible, we had nice time in this hotel. For the price we couldn't expect miracles. Parking is free in the street so no need to book it and pay. Check desk is 24/7 so you always get to your room. Staff seemed to be friendly and helped us if possible. Metro is reasonably close and beds were comfortable. Floor cleaning could be better, but beds were alwas made very nicely and we got new pillow sheets.

Very Bad!!!!!!! Please keep away

Attention !!!!!!Not that close to the termini. Everything look very very old including all the furniture . It's seems not safe to keep your expensive belonging in the room. The Lift is super small. Although with a lift,but there is a lot of staircase need to go through to reach our room.Super INCONVENIENT for the traveller with bulky luggage!!!!!!!! Our room don't even have aircond.Only FAN, imagine that we are travel in Summer!!!!!!!!!!! Their Breakfast are free but better keep away!!!!!!!! Wifi is not free ,have to pay! Really feel cheated look at previous reviews...................

Close to the Public transport .

Location is quite.

Rude and Scarry staff.only one light in the room and that was above the fan and constant blinking gave us a headache.not easy to find.Far from public transport.old furniture.dirty walls.

Location is quite.

The room was clean and the breakfast was satisfying .

The room was a little bit hot because there is no aircondition.

The room was clean and the breakfast was satisfying .The bed was comfortable. The staff was very kind and friendly

Questionable cheap

Staff, staff, staff one young lady was nice but the rest rude , abrupt and no communication skills, if that is how visitors/tourists are treated by a hotel I would rather book another hotel

Nice garden deck space area to sit out in the evenings

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

The room was really small, the acoustic was terible, we could hear the people on the hallway talking and everytime our neighbour used the bathroom, an awfull and very loud sound could be heard that even woke us a couple of times in the middle of the night. The breakfast was very poor and looked very old.

• Reviewed: 2 April 2017

Great cleaning service and breakfast, catastrophic internet and noisy room

Unfortunately walls are made of paper probably, because I could hear every word said by other guests. We also had a big hole in window frame oriented to road, so I had to go to buy ear plugs, which I recommend. Young man receptionist was very arrogant, unwilling to tell us any information and give us even a smile. The internet was the most catastrophic and slowest experience I had have in my life!

Our room was cleaned every single day, which is something I really appreciate and also a lot of fresh towels! Breakfast was pretty fine, concluding even pastry and coffee. And price of hotel is unmatched!

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

This hotel is not worth a penny!

There was not headline with the name of the hotel in the street so it took us time to find it. The staff was unfriendly and unhelpful. The bathroom was not functional and in a bit of a mess. The bed was uncomfortable. The room was not so clean and there were rubbish beneath bed. The cleaning woman took our own bath towel and she didn't clean the room. We had to pay additional charge for internet access. This is unbelievable!

The breakfast was nice and plentiful. The room had a streetview with a balcony.

Good place for the weekend break

We recommend this hotel . It is situated a short distance from the metro station, very good location just few stops away from the central of Milan . The breakfast has good variety of food, the croissants are delicious. The receptionist and all staff was helpful. Rooms are as shown on the website. Nice and clean place.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

roughly simple and cheap.

not fresh look of the room. no wifi - the one you can buy for 3 eur per day is a piece of crap.

roughly simple and cheap. good personal, they can speak english.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Wifi internet - 3€ a day for 1 device!

For internet you need to pay 3€ for 1 device!!! Internet is really slow, can't even check email. Tourists tax is 3€ per 1 day. Personal unfriendly.

Clean and quiet

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

Don't stay for more than one night.

The shower didn't work properly, the shower had no pressure. We found one dirty stocking behind the heating. A really noise area that wok us during the night. The breakfast didn't have variety and quality.

It's perfect just for one night.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

The stuff was very friendly, the hotel is very close to...

The breakfast shoud contain some vegetables, but it was pretty good.

The stuff was very friendly, the hotel is very close to rialto bridge, the room and the bathroom are really big. We felt very good at this hotel.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

Low value for money

The building was in poor conditions. The room was old and poorly furnished. Very basic overall and definitely overpriced for the offered experience.

Friendly staff. The room was clean.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Good value hotel in central location

Windows are very old so sound insulation is not the best.

Very friendly staff. Close to nice restaurants and only few minutes away by underground from city center.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

It was ok for the money spent

I did not like the facg that during the night it was very cold

I liked the fact that everything was exactly as I saw on the site and the the value for money was ok

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Room very clean

Need drink making facility and glasses in room

Room very clean

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Breakfast has too many packed food.

Breakfast has too many packed food. Fresh food would have been better. WiFi was not available in the room. We were told to use it outside the room.

They fixed it

Shower was broken

They fixed it

Good value for the money.

It was hot, no air conditioning.

The front desk clerks were very helpful and provided us information and maps with Milan.

There are convincing reasons to stay here again.

unpleasant sight of used towels lying on the corridor

The breakfast stuffs are variegated...

Fine rooms, nice breakfast.

Fine rooms, nice breakfast.

I didn't like the breakfast.

I didn't like the breakfast. It was too poor.

Everything very good, I liked staff and its good anyway :) I...

Everything very good, I liked staff and its good anyway :) I liked staying there.

Kindly staff, good price

there was strange smell in the room.

Kindly staff, good price

good matrasse

dirty place with not helpfully peoples

good matrasse

The checkout person

The bed was a little hard

The checkout person

Nice breakfast

My room was in the fifth floor and the elevator was only for one person.

Nice breakfast

I feel good

Bad internet, and bathroom is not comfortable

Perfect locations, perfect breakfest, good room , comfortable and clean

Clean well placed and very good value for money

Hard pillows.breakfast could be a little better but it was ok

Clean well placed and very good value for money

personalen are verg good.

personalen are verg good.but noisy rum,we chould not sleep att all

Pleasant enough for money value.

Not as close to the central station as I initially expected.

It was as mentioned in the website.

beside everything

breakfast staff shower price

Very good.

Distance from the center is a bit far but it is still great value for that money.

Price and hygiene.

Breakfast was really poor.

Breakfast was really poor.

room and bed

no lift lots of stairs,not for disabled people. to many steps

room and bed

we had to pay for the internet and it wasn't working!

we had to pay for the internet and it wasn't working! the man in the reception the first night was really really rude.

It is comfortable

Recevinig is very poor.

Hotel Istra good a few nights.

Bads are uncomfortabl. Rooms are smell.

Simply,clean and quiet.

Clean room, central location, friendly staff.

WiFi didn't work and yet it had to be paid separately. Elevator was small.

Clean room, central location, friendly staff. Worth the price.

Cheap place to stay, away from centre and with cheap but good restaurants not too far away.

Wifi would come and go. TV channels would come and go.

The staff were friendly and very helpful.

5.5
    Staff doesn't speak English language

Staff doesn't speak English language

Good value hotel in Milano

Location was a bit far out, but nice quiet location with good access to metro.

Value for money, breakfast, size of room.

View from balcony

Lack of aircon

View from balcony

good value for travelling on budget, acceptable distance...

no air-conditioning (only fan) - bad sleeping for me

good value for travelling on budget, acceptable distance from metro

horrible

Room very poor, very old. Bath is horrible,smell too. Managers in reception have problems with theirs heads.

low professionality and quality

High prices of fridge staff ,there is no left. and bad space of room and the bathroom.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

The hotel is near to the metro station "Pasteur"-...

The hotel is near to the metro station "Pasteur"- 10 minutes by feed. Parking on the street is free.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Cheap hotel price and very worthed for the price you pay 😊

Good deal for a budget hotel 😊 Receptionist wAs very very helpful!!

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

You have to pay for wifi.

You have to pay for wifi.