Reviews of Hotel Siena 2 stars

#382 of 424 hotels in Milan

6.2

6.1

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Great location, comfortable rooms.

Though the staff was friendly they were not as informative as they could be when it came to directions, and recommendations. They also seemed to have trouble understanding what I was asking, so it might have been lost in translation.

The room was clean and comfortable . A good price for what it was. Located relatively close to the major attractions and a beautiful park. The staff was also friendly and accommodating.

Air conditioner was broken and no one told us this at...

Air conditioner was broken and no one told us this at check-in. This was during period of extremely hot weather in Milan, more than 40. If I knew that fact, I would not check in at all. Next to this hotel were other hotel of comparable price but of a better quality and higher star level.

The room was cosy and clean.

The room was cosy and clean. AC was available after asking for a remote at the reception. The staff was very friendly. The breakfast was basic but still tasty! The metro stop was few minutes walking. Value worth your money!

Great location, we had late check in so it was really useful.

comfortable bed, but air conditioning didn’t work

Great location, we had late check in so it was really useful. Also it was a breakfast included( coffee, croissant, yogurt and fruits)

the worst you can find.....and the owners seem to be proud of themselves ;-)))))) incredible

It is the worst hotel in Milan…..

It is the worst hotel I have ever been in Milan!!!!!! VERY VERY VERY BAD!!!!! broken climatisation…..very sad breakfast ( I liked the bread...only that;-)))))))

A good location but...

The breakfast was really basic and there was one desk clerk who didn't know English and was quite surly. He evem complained when we asked to leave our luggage in a storage area for a few hours on our last day.

Comfortable beds and a great location close to some back streets where you could find good restaurants and nightlife.

Price is too high for what you get

Not sure if it’s booking.com or the property, but my initial booking was canceled on my arrival day ( luckily I checked my email while traveling)as they couldn’t charge my card, (it was not hot deal) however I contacted the property beforehand and mentioned our late arrival. The initial price was 84 €, but I had to book the same room again and it was 120!!!Definitely not worth that money and the whole situation was disappointing and not fun to find out when you are about to board the plane.

Location: close to the railway station. Breakfast included: small selection but nice for a quick bite, coffee was very good

Good location.
    • Single Room with Shared Toilet

Late evening and night are very noisy because of the tram line near the hotel.

Good location. Milano centrale just 10 - 15 minutes by walk. Duomo - 20-30 minutes.

Good Location
    • Twin Room with Shared Toilet

I would prefer a private bathroom.

We really enjoyed the location, really near Milano Centrale Station, restaurants, bar and the metro. Also they let us leave the luggage after check out for some hours to do some tourism. I would come back!

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable.

The place got a bit noisy at night after 10 PM. It sounded like the staff was moving some heavy stuff...

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The shower was very nice. A walk to the city center takes about 15 minutes. There is a subway station near the hotel (5 minutes walk).

Best shower in Italy

I had requested a quiet room and was given one. The shower stall was very spacious, the biggest I had in 1 month in Italy. The to was attractive and bed comfortable.

Quality > Price, great breakfast, pleasant staff! :)
    • Double Room with Shared Toilet

The quality exceeded my expectation, the comfort we got for the price was excellent. Great staff, cozy room, nearby the centre, breakfasts were great as well. Rating 10/10, both I and my gf were absolutely satisfied!

If it's just a night..

Hard to find if you're walking .. language is an issue if you don't speak Italian.. breakfast wasn't great.. got to pay extra for ac

For the price decent bed and shower

Nice stay

Breakfast could be improved.

The room has been recently renovated and was spacious (private bathroom). The hotel is in a good position, walking distance from the central station (15 minutes) and the main shopping streets (e.g. Via Montenapoleone) . Two metro station (Porta venezia and Repubblica) are within 5 minutes and connects you with the rest of the city. I think it is a good solution if you don't want to spend too much, while being in a safe and well connected location.

Super clean, mega NOISY!

THE NOISE!!!!!! Its a super loud street, even changing rooms didnt get me much sleep.

Super clean!!!! Mega clean for a 2* hotel! And im an OCD person!

Location was good, close to the tram.

The reception personel not friendly, we felt like we were disturbing him. Room was noisy during the night due to tram. Breakfast was very poor, almost inexistent. We skipped it.

Location was good, close to the tram.

We stayed with kids so the location near the park was really good for us.

The beds and the bathroom were small, the room was a bit darker and there were noise from outside till midnight.

The staff and breakfast with really good cappuchino were great.. They let us to left our baggage there for few hours.

Quiet room, bigger bed, clean room and shower.

The officer (I think his name was Romeo) was not helpful at all. If I haven´t asked for things I was curious about, he would not tell me by himself (wi-fi password, etc.). Was not happy at all when I wanted to pay with the credit card but not in cash. I found him really strange. Other officers (the night shift ones) and the cleaners were nice. But because of Romeo I would never stay in this hotel again.

Quiet room, bigger bed, clean room and shower.

Fairly clean hotel.

The reception guy was grumpy and he charged un with 10€ extra for some city fee which would’ve been fine if it was communicated at the beggining.

Fairly clean hotel.

nice bed and breakfast one night stay

I spent there 1 night - so the hotel stay in nice area, the room is clean and neat for the breakfast i got coffee and juice i also could leave the luggage in the storage room, which helped me a lot

Reliable

Window comes directly to the tram line, and trams start to noise brutally since 06:00 in the morning, the closed window will not save Your sleeping...

Very friendful personnel

The front desk is open 24/7, I arrived on 3am and their...

It was really noisy, like the opposite of soundproof. Every time a tram crossed the street outside my window it felt like it's inside my room. And even if someone is speaking at the reception, I heard it on the 2nd floor. The breakfast is basically only Coffee and croissant or toast.

The front desk is open 24/7, I arrived on 3am and their wasn't a problem. The room was bigger than I expected and very nice and clean.

Location near by a Tram stop was very convenient to access...

The TRAM stop was very Noisy if you have a room with a street access.

Location near by a Tram stop was very convenient to access the center city in only 5-10 minutes. Some good bars and restaurant in the hotel area if you want to have a nice evening without going to Milan Duamo center city. The garden near the hotel is fantastic for an evening walk

Very nice style , my room was with balcony , good location,...
    • Single Room with Shared Toilet

Not enough light in the room, breakfast is quite poor

Very nice style , my room was with balcony , good location, easy to reach, personal approach ( I had single room and the administrator assisted to upgrade it for twin)

Excellent location and value for money
    • Single Room with Shared Toilet

Very new, very clean. Great location between Central Station and downtown. Easy walking distance. I took a mark off bathroom simply because the toilet is shared and that is a concern to some people, but everything is very clean and spotless.

Good value for money except noice outside

Noise in inner courtyard was terrible - some restaurant in neighborhood was taking all day waste and cleaning up outside. Could not sleep all night.

Good location, comfortable beds, clean room.

The hotel staff are rogues.

The hotel staff are rogues. First theу block money on the credit card as a confirmation of the reservation. Then they ask to pay in cash. The staff does not want to accept a credit card. But they do not return money to the credit card. So, I paid twice. And this was not the only case with me. I've seen other similar reviews.

The staff was very nice and helpful, the room was very clean...
    • Single Room with Shared Toilet

The shared toilet - not very convenient... A bit noisy becuse of the tram. Breakfast is very very basin.

The staff was very nice and helpful, the room was very clean, also the shared toilet was always clean and vacan. Great Location and nice are.

Proximity to Central Station
    • Single Room with Shared Toilet

Noise from passing trams. Reception staff are not multi-lingual, communication in any language other than Italian difficult

Proximity to Central Station

Location was good.

Staff were poor in English. The room During check-in was under cleaning and painting. So I had color smell for the whole two days staying in the room.

Location was good.

Not recommended at all

The staff is absolutely unfriendly plus the manager by check in and check out doesn’t speak english (or pretended he doesn‘t understand). We paid cash - be ready that you will not get the receipt and the manager will pretend he doesn‘t understand what you need.:) The smell in the room at first was awful, 2 rooms nearby were in the process of reconstruction with builders.

Value for money
    • Double Room with Shared Toilet

Just the bathroom facilities.

Breakfast was lovely, hotel had work going on but was spotlessly clean, perfect for a little city break. Only downside was the bathroom facilities, shower was in our room at the bottom of the bed and no toilet, there was only one for the whole floor to use in another room.

I stayed 4 nights Siena hotel Milano for visiting Milano...
    • Single Room with Shared Toilet

I stayed 4 nights Siena hotel Milano for visiting Milano Expo (MCE 2018). When I started booking hotel, few hotels were remained in high price. I booked this hotel with low price, but I satisfied especially kindness of hotel clerks. Also breakfast with cappuccino and croissant was good for me(not buffet style, just coffee and bread and yogurt with fruits). From Milano central station, you should take tram number 5 with 3 stops) and also in Pt Venezia station of M1 number 9 tram bring you the hotel. Finally the hotel is good with reasonable price. (One defect is tram noise in front of the hotel)

Possibly the worst hotel experience of my life

The man on reception was so unfriendly. The room was really cold, with heating barely luke warm. I had to shave with cold water in the morning, with the shower barely warm. I would not recommend this hotel to anybody.

Location was convenient to Central Station

Overall the stay was not good.
    • Twin Room with Shared Toilet

Breakfast were really poor. Towels that they gave had an awful smell of vinegar. Finally, staff has a really poor understanding of english. While we were checking out it was hard to explain that we want to pay with credit card and not in cash.

The location was good. The metro station is not far away.

A quick stop in Milan

They could not provide breakfast (I left at 5.30 pm and I was expecting at least a packed one, considering I had paid for it!). There is no lift (but the staff was helpful and took my heavy luggage upstairs,I must say).

The hotel is clean, the staff friendly and the room comfortable.

We had newly repaired and refurnished room.

Breakfast (just a few chairs for many people, the choice could be more various)

We had newly repaired and refurnished room. The bed was comfy. The location is great (close to the main station and Parc Sempione,the tram stop to the centre in front of the hotel).

Short Trip in Milan

The hotel is very noisy. Rooms are small with a small bed (unfortunately our bed was not comfy) and small bathroom (unfortunately the toilet was too close to the wall which made sitting uncomfy). It's ok to stay for a short trip. The breakfast was disappointing, no big selection, no cheese, ham or salami, no bread, only one juice, two different types of cornflakes (you had to ask for the milk), packed jam and honey and you were served one croissant and asked if you like a coffee. If you're lucky there are some fruits (apple, banana) and yogurts from the supermarket left.

The hotel is easy to find and not far from the main train station. Also it is close to the city centre (walking distance c. 15 mins.). The younger staff members are friendly and helpful, the hotel owner seemed a bit grumpy. The rooms were small but clean.

The rooms were not very clean.

The rooms were not very clean. The water in the shower was intermittent. Not very good location, despite its relative proximity to downtown, the area is criminal. Parked the car nearby, we and several other tourists in the night were broken glass. The first time you heard PHA French))). The staff mostly do not speak English. On the day of departure the hotel had problems with paying, for some reason, they could not withdraw money from the card. For hours I watched as an elderly man at the reception was arguing with somebody and shouting on the phone. I offered to tell me the details of their account so I can transfer money in payment electronically. However, for an elderly person, this option apparently was beyond his understanding, habitual patterns and behaviors. I offered to connect me to their lead, accountant or anyone else. We had to go to repair the car with us was a child and we had to solve the problems of the hotel. However, in my question I received in response an angry shout demanding to speak with the hotel staff in their native language. A few hours later, in my absence the hotel, the staff, writing the data of my card, managed in absentia, without me to withdraw funds for a payment. This made it the second time, writing off pacanele greater amount than necessary. We still had to stay in Milan for another day to replace the broken glass. On the advice of friends we stayed in a different hotel, 4 star, a little further from the centre, but the metro is only a half hour from Piazza Duomo. The level of service and the hotel was much better than the old one, and the price is surprisingly lower. Do not recommend staying in Siena.

Spacious bedroom and friendly staff willing to serve you the...

the room was not properly cleaned, small bathroom and the breakfast was not that of a kind.

Spacious bedroom and friendly staff willing to serve you the best way! The hotel is close to public transportation, very convenient. The surrounding area is full of really great restaurants and bars during day and night! Definately take a walk! I would recommend it for couples and even for a little group of friends.

Poor
    • Twin Room with Shared Toilet

1. We were asked to pay 6 euros on top of the amount we paid through booking 2. One WC for the whole floor (about 10-15 rooms) 3. One of the blankets was burnt 4. Shower was in the same room as the bedroom 5. Breakfast started from 7 o'clock

never again
    • Single Room with Shared Toilet

The room was with shower but without toilet. It was small, dark, and awful. The toilet on the on the corridor was too small, therefore useless. The breakfast was poor.

The Hotel is not too far from the Metro Station. The bed was ok, sheets were clean.

Good location, value for money

Bathroom (cold, and we had to wait 5mins every time for hot water), cold bedroom (but we were provided with extra blankets), noises from the corridor

Location, friendly owners, value for money

We need a cheap spot close to the train.. didn't realize just how dirty this place was inside.

Everything was moldy, rusty and the room reeked like cigarette smoke, the towels smelled like fried food or something and you felt dirtier after you used them. Bed uncomfortable. Bathroom very gross. If this was a 2 star place id hate to see a 1 star. Were accustomed to cheaper places but the mold and smells were just so much more more unpleasant than we were expecting.

Good budget hotel. Clean and tidy with a great coffee served at breakfast.

No complaints about the property

It was a clean hotel and as a 2 star you get what you pay for. All rooms cleaned daily and new towels in room daily also. If you stay here the trams and underground are nearby and you are only a few stops from Duomo

The room was ok, new furniture

The most awful breakfast i have ever had: croissant, butter, yoghurt, apples, honey. That's it. Very cold in the room. We had a spider in the room. Very small bathroom Old sheets

The room was ok, new furniture

Nice place for travelling on a budget
    • Single Room with Shared Toilet

The hotel is located in a calm neighborhood, but reaching the city center is easy whether by Metro or by walking. The room is clean, but it can get a little cold, so the blankets provided by the staff may come in handy.

A hotel to not go back
    • Double Room with Shared Toilet

Was my first time in Milán, I did the reservation expecting to have a nice stay with my boyfriend, the pictures of the room and bathrooms looked really nice. But when we we got in was extremely different, the people of the reception was very unfriendly, the shower and bathroom were really dirty and in general the room was not well maintained. A place that I will not recommend and not will come back again for sure.

Not a value-for-money stay

Heating was broken in all rooms, but no one told us about it during check-in. No hot water at any time. Mold everywhere in the bathroom.

Interesting international neighbourhood, 10 minutes walk from the central station.

Dont stay there
    • Double Room with Shared Toilet

The breakfast was the poorest i have ever had in a hotel. The shared toilet led to the floor becoming dirty and you could not get on the toilet easily as it was tiny.

Not much

This was a disappointing experience in return of paying €83 for the night.

Bathroom, corridor tight can’t even open the bathroom door, noise from tram outside and no double glazing, thin walls you can hear people in next room talking.

Bathroom was an utter disaster, attached to the toilet in a way that guests were made very uncomfortable to use either toilet or shower, I could not use the shower, my child was also disturbed not to be able to use the bathroom. Also the location itself is not bad apart of the fact that tram passes at the door and this making night sleep very disturbed as it was noisy, the rooms are separated with thin walls, you can hear a guest flashing the toilet at 3am( good if he/she managed to use the toilet in the first place). I was charged €83 for one night, I felt unhappy as we couldnt sleep nor we could shower ourselves. Staff do not speak English in reception. Overall experience was disappointing.

Pay a bit more and go to a better place
    • Single Room with Shared Toilet

The reception was really poor. A man who seemed upset, and not willing to give any information (e.g. where to eat a good pizza nearby). The facilities aren’t good really. Old fashioned. Ok for one night though.

Location is good, close to the central train station of Milano.

Fair breakfast, friendly staff, we had an opportunity to...
    • Double Room with Shared Toilet

Only small inconvenience - no hairdryer in the room.

Fair breakfast, friendly staff, we had an opportunity to leave our backpacks in the hotel Siena, while walking around next day. Room were in good condition. Great location, not too far from the center. Restaurant and food shops around. Ask for advice for local food, the staff will direct you to the cozy local place!

I didn't mind spending one night here, but I wouldn't want to spend much time here.

Room was small and dingy. Shower was tiny. The day clerk spoke no English.

Near to central train station. Restaurants and cafes available nearby. Breakfast with expresso provided.

Definitely not to be recommended!

This is the first bad review I have to write, but seeing as we had black mold in the bathroom (and I don't mean just a few spots) and when we asked to change room the owner and her daughter were anything but understanding about it... The new room had less mold (though still some) was smaller and extremely noisy as the windows didn't seal properly! The breakfast is very simplistic with prepackaged croissants and bread.

About the hotel - nothing much besides the restaurants that were close by...

The staff was very friendly and professional!

The room was in front of the TRAM passage and breakfast was very simple(WITHOUt eggs, cheese or ham)

The staff was very friendly and professional! Room was well-cleaned! The address is very close to Subways and tô Central Station Milano

Italian climates :)

Bathroom it is waiting for renovation, but the room was ok. Great location. Next to the building tram # 1 stop, from where you can reach the Milano Centrale and the opposite direction under La Scalla

Good stay

- The Room needs some renovation - Narrow staircase if you have a large luggage

We stayed for one night and we were happy with the hotel Near the city center and very near to transportation Staff was friendly Breakfast was okay

Good location, very close to Milano Centrale Railway Station...
    • Twin Room with Shared Toilet

We stayed in a room with private bathroom and shared toilet. The bathroom was not a separate room but a "batroom corner" situated in the room, it was very tiny. However, it served well for our one-night stay. The neighborhood felt unsafe for me.

Good location, very close to Milano Centrale Railway Station - just around 10-15 minutes walk. The rooms are modernly furnished. The furniture is new. Young staff. There is a supermarket just on the opposite. It is perfect for one-night stay. The toilet was very close to our room and whenever we wanted to use it, it was free.

Would never stay here again or recommend it.

The gentleman at reception didn't really greet us just asked for the reservation number and passports. Breakfast, while included, was literally a few cups of yogurt sitting on the counter, some sliced bread and coffee. The shower in our room was full of mold, you felt dirtier getting out than when you went in. Overall not a pleasant experience.

convenient location for short stay

noise from the main street ( trams passing by) - not possible to sleep even with closed windows and I am not a light sleeper.

great location- 1min walk to the tram and 5min walk to the tube station. comfortable bed

Disappointed
    • Double Room with Shared Toilet

Poor attitude & lies of owners. paid cash but card was charged & later refunded bit not the £3 bank charges. No fan. Was asked to pay 5 euros per day for air con. Intense noise of trams from 6am till midnight

Pretty good

Breakfast is not enough there is only muesli

Staffs are so kind. It is close to central station and 15-20 min walking to cathedral. Rooms are clean and comfortable.

Okayish Hotel

The staff didn't speak English, so they couldn't inform us about the facilities and what time breakfast would be served. Therefore we missed it.

Airco in the room

Perfect for one night

The shower was little.

The location is perfect. You can go everywhere by foot. The room was tidy, and comfortable. The shower was a bit strange for the first time, because its part of the room, but we used to it.

Nice place for an overnight stay, if you need to go to...
    • Single Room with Shared Toilet

You can't open windows. Extra fees not included into the price on Booking.

Nice place for an overnight stay, if you need to go to Centrale early in the morning.

Uncomfortable, dirty place

Very poor rooms, extremely small bathroom, old bathroom equipment in poor condition, the shower was sprinkling water into the whole bathroom and a very dirty bath tub. Breakfast is nothing, low quality coffee and only one small glass of water per person even if there were 32 degrees temperature outside. They didn't even offer us the water, we have asked for it. The staff there extremely unpolite. We have booked a quiet room with air-conditioned included but arrived there they gave us the most noisy room possible, on the main street with trams going all night long. Before booking here we took a look on the hotel website where they are specific about the rooms situated on the first floor as being equipped with air-conditioned but than arrived there and paying (they have asked to pay in advanced without gaving us any receipt...!!!) for our accommodation they have told us we have to pay extra if we need air-conditioning. Asking the receptionist about that issue he replied me unpolite to go on Booking.com and read carefully the conditions but there was nothing specified as the air conditioning is not included in the room rate. I felt as being cheated during the stay there. Much more there was nothing written written official by computer on their papers there just hand writing in crayon. After checking in there was a young Italian couple asking for booking a room for few hours... I was surprised to see how easily the man from the reception desk approved and gave them the room!!!!

Position through the center of Milan

It was a 25min walk to the top city attractions of Milan and...
    • Double Room with Shared Toilet

The area can seem a bit sketchy so I wouldn't walk around at night, during the day it is ok. The shower is in the middle of the room so it can get a bit awkward. The staff wasn't really talkative, their english wasn't really good and some felt like they didn't want to be there. In the end however this is a hotel only to sleep in and this was just two members of the staff, so it doesn't really matter.

It was a 25min walk to the top city attractions of Milan and just a 15min walk to the Milano Centrale station. The place is quite, the staff is ok and the rooms are clean. We went there in August and the airconditioning was a BIG plus. The breakfast was good value for money.

The breakfast was ok and the room was clean and comfortable
    • Twin Room with Shared Toilet

We arrived after midnight and there wasn't anyone so we had to wait almost an hour to check in. The bathroom was out of the room and we weren't told when we booked.

The breakfast was ok and the room was clean and comfortable

GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY
    • Twin Room with Shared Toilet

- you have the shower and sink in the room, but there is no bathroom as a separate space, everything is in one place which gives a bit awkward impression - they are not very willing to accept credit cards, prefer cash (they did not make big deal out of it, but they did state their preferences)

- amazing location, you can go everywhere by foot - great value for money - rooms are quite cozy and in good shadow, you don`t even need air conditioning

I don't recommend
    • Twin Room with Shared Toilet

- Under the window there are trams from which the vibrations on the floor and the bed are really felt. - The shared toilet is very small, only one for the entire floor and smells not very pleasant - The shower is very small - There is no air extraction - that is big problem, because the shower is in the room where you sleep - During talking to a man at the reception you feel like an assistant to a serious surgeon on the operation: - clamp - scalpel - passport - no smile, no "please", no "I need your passports" , no superfluous pleasant words

+ about 15min of walking from the main train station + about 20-25 min of walking from Duomo +about 5 min of walking from the shopping street Corso Buenos Aires

I would NOT recommend staying here

- extremely noisy room...when the tram is in operation it's impossible to sleep with open windows (AC is only available for extra charges) - bathroom and shower cabin is super small and disgusting...wall is fully covered with molds and fungus. How can this hotel operate like this?? - Poorly equipped room...a fridge would be useful or they could provide at least a glass to pour our water into. - wifi is useless and they only share the password with you on request - When I asked at the reception if I could pay with credit card the reply was that only if I don't have cash. What?? I had to follow the owner to the back room because he took my card and brought it with himself without a word. I didn't even wanted to pass my card to him because I saw a bunch of paper with credit card details printed from booking on the front desk...I could had taken any of them if I wanted to (ofc I didn't!)... but it's more than worrying to see how they treat credit card data! - I had to pay 6€ city tax for a night but I received no invoice about my payment...now I understand why they wanted me to pay with cash. AVOID!

- Location of the hotel is fine. - Clean bed.

For this money room was good.
    • Double Room with Shared Toilet

Staff don`t know English, one day I asked to do check out later, they say ok, on the next day they said "no possible".

For this money room was good.

The hotel was close to a public park and you had all kinds...

It was quite a noisy street due to the old tramps running up and down every 10min

The hotel was close to a public park and you had all kinds of public transportation outside the hotel

The location was the only thing that I enjoyed.

I didn't like the atmosphere, the towels had an awful smell, the bathroom was bad, really bad. I paid by cash, but the safety amount is still blocked on my bank account, even after 20 days of my stay. I tried to contact but no response. Horrible place.

The location was the only thing that I enjoyed.

Browse Hotel Siena traveller photo gallery