Reviews of Hotel Silva 3 stars

Via A. Bosio 20/A, Nomentano, 00161 Rome, Italy

#851 of 921 hotels in Rome

Single room all negative on the first floor, next to the public toilet and restaurant kitchen, restaurant brush plate until 1 o'clock in the morning, very noisy, a lot of noise. The negative single-storied single room upstairs is the front desk, so sleeping will always wake upstairs footsteps. The service attitude of the boss is also very poor. Proposed do not live in this hotel single room。In short is a very poor hotel,All staff do not wear working clothes,There is no hot water bath at night!!!!!!!!!!!!

the weather

• Double or Twin Room

Steps at the entry not comfortable for old persons, also steps for entering the breakfast room. I didn't try the restaurant.

Breakfast good, bed very comfy, air conditioning very good. Bathroom good.

• Economy Double Room

We had a economy double room.It was on the third floor(where the attic used to be, I guess).The room was small, and had a small window on the ceiling that opened to the roof.There was a button on the wall that activated the open/close mechanism. I wish they had something a little more consistent for breakfast, like cheese,eggs or ham.And normal bread would have been good to have as well, not just toast.

The staff was very friendly. Very quiet neighbourhood.You have no problem coming back to the hotel at night.It's only a five minute walk from the Bologna subway station. The breakfast was quite cheap(3euro). The entire hotel was very very clean.Spottless bathroom. They made our bed and changed the soap and towels daily. We had free air conditioner in the room.

The lady when I arrived was quite rude. I was told I could store my luggage via email before arrival but when I got there I just had to leave it in the foyer. Room was unclean and windows were off hinges. There was no mini bar in my room.

The gentleman on reception in the evening was very nice finding me a place that would deliver food

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

A little dusty I think from some works near by and being spring time the air all over Rome is full of pollen but I don't think everyone is sensitive to this. I would have liked a kettle with tea in the room. Otherwise no problems and I would stay here again.

Nice location in a leafy quiet part of rome near by parks, public transport and offices. Good value simple room, comfortable bed and storage space. There is a restaurant on the premises and it is a short walk to cafes and other restaurants.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

I didn't know how to call the reception from my room, and there was no piece of paper to show any numbers (as it always is in hotels).

1- The location is top fancy and top quiet. My 2 favourite criteria of a location. (and only a few minutes on foot from Bologna metro station) 2- My room was really beautifully furnished. Little details like elegant door knobs and coat hangers just cheer me up. 3- The manager (a nice lady) and the staff are really friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

In general, I had good experience booking with Hotel Silva. The only issue I had during my stay was the location of my room. My room was facing the hotel's main entrance and cafe, so it was noisy until late at night. Also, during check out I was informed that I had to pay 8 Euros in cash, the extra charge was for some kind of "city tax"and they would not accept my credit card to pay for it.

The location of Hotel Silva was perfect, it was centric (only 20 min from Rome's major attractions) and accessible from public transportation. Bologna's train station was just 4 blocks away from the hotel and 2 train stops from Rome's colosseum. My room was cute, clean and comfortable. It looked exactly like the pictures shown in the hotel's webpage. The bathroom was clean and cute. But, I have to say, the best feature of this hotel was, the value for the money. It was amazing! In addition, the hotel had a little cafeteria with a great menu.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

• Quadruple Room

They claimed to have a shuttle from the airport, which they don't and the person who spoke to us on the phone we can't understand her. She was rude. We ended up paying 60 € We were suppose to get 1 Queen and 2 twins or 4 twins but instead we got 1 queen, 1 full size. Room is old as hell and didn't give us clean sheets when they cleaned our room. No AC and it was loud because we had the room close to the restaurant. They want to keep your room key when you leave for the day.

Cleaning

Booking.com was without breakfast.

Good reception - English was a bit poor, but we communicated though quasi-Italian/Portugese

Breakfast was bad.

Fine for a business trip of low budget

• Double or Twin Room

The room was very comfy and clean. Breakfast ok.

Very bad hotel , I spent that night like Iam in prison

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• Economy Double Room

Smelly bathroom

Reasonably located for what we wanted

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

The wifi does not reach the rooms.

I liked the style of the hotel, a mix of modern and old. Everyone was friendly and very helpful.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2016

This is a ghost house. If you think you can use internet, search further for a new hotel. If you think you will get breakfast, you will a cup of coffee, a cup of water and a piece of old bread or very old and not clean croissant. Dirty sheets and ground. Damaged bathroom things, and nothing is indeed in its place. It is a GHOST HOUSE!

NOTHING!

• Reviewed: 21 April 2016

No air conditioner, shower doors were uncomfortable to use and water leaked, breakfast was small with little variety of food

Conveniently located - about 7 mins walk to the metro station

• Reviewed: 19 April 2016

I never write bad reviews but i think this hotel was the worst part of my trip. I was visiting from Canada and after a long fight i got a room in basement. there is a restaurant in the facility so it is ALWAYS noisy. Even in the middle of the night you could hear loud noises and i was there for three nights and the worst nights. Reception was equally bad. They did not do anything about it. Do yourself a favour and spend some more money and stay at someother place and enjoy your vacation. DO NOT RUIN it by staying at HOTEL SILVA.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2016

The available parking is street parking and good luck finding a space before 7pm. The bed was like sleeping on the floor. Our room was in the basement with 2 little windows and one was literally in the restaurant that people could look in our room and the smoke of the cigarettes came in our room. We had our windows open because The cold AC did not work and we were told it was because it was not summer yet so they dont have it working. The room was musty and muggy, there was a black mold spot in the bathroom. We asked to be changed and they said no. Will not be staying here again. Also, WiFi didnt work well in basement room.

The room was clean, some what...thats it

• Reviewed: 9 February 2016

Breakfast was quite limited. Luckily, there were supermarkets nearby where we got yogurt and a few extra things to eat.

The staff was very friendly and the hotel was exceptionally clean and tidy. It is located in a beautiful and quite neighborhood only a few minutes away from the city center (if you take the subway).

• Reviewed: 25 June 2015

The wifi was iffy in the room. A number of trees and plants around the hotel attract mosquitoes, and Italian windows (European windows, in fact) do not have screens. A 6 euro plug-in mosquito repellent bought down the street did the trick.

The hotel is located about 10mn walk from the Bologna metro stop on the B line, and so getting to the train station and airports isn't hard at all. The hotel restaurant is very nice and reasonably priced. The staff is friendly and the desk clerks speak English, though if you have some Italian, you'd be better off with the other staff.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2016

not clean, staff is not friendly, we came for breakfast and was surprised - it is only jam, juice and cornflakes for breakfast

Location, garden

• Reviewed: 21 September 2015

Breakfast sucked!

Breakfast must improve! All else is good!

• Reviewed: 8 September 2015

The breakfast is poor.

room below the ground level is cooler.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2015

breakfast was very poor , staff was not very helpful with info

Location in good neighborhood , good value for money

• Reviewed: 12 May 2015

Clean bathrooms, white and proper sheets, nice and smilling stuff.

There are also 10 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hotel Silva traveller photo gallery