Reviews of B&B Hotel Verona Sud 3 stars

Via Enrico Fermi 13/b, Borgo Roma, 37135 Verona, Italy

#51 of 66 hotels in Verona

The staff at the reception was probably the most unfriendly person I met in a hotel. She didn't do or said anything wrong but I was feeling like I came to work on their backyard and she was there to show me the direction to my my job.

Very closed to the highway which was good for me leaving very early in the morning on my motorcycle trip

The WiFi strength at the fifth floor is ridiculous. And super fast Internet is what they boost more.

The check in system is quite convenient for business traveler and the staff is helpful when it comes to deal with the fact that nobody is there after 11pm. I appreciated the vending Machine in the hall

Room without fridge. Please, be mind.

Very nice hotel with free parking. Near of highway. Not far from the center of the city. Dog friendly hotel. Not bad breakfast.

Cheap toilet paper

It is a perfectly organised international level budget hotel. This says it all. Everything is new and to a good standard. Perfect for a business trip.

They only sell you one 90 minute bus discounted ticket. That's cool to go to the city, but they didn't want to sell me the one for my way back so I had to pay more.

Room was nice, super clean. Hotel a bit out of the way but easy access through the bus

parking full during the night. we were in a 3 single bed room and only one has a light for reading

nice hotel...fast check-in ...even faster check.out. close to the freeway exit. good price for the city. not far from the center

+ privacy + buona posizione (viccino alla fiera) / good location + fast check-in/check-out + pulizia / clean + camera spaziosa / big room + late check-out

On the webpage it's written pet allowed but it doesn't say that an extra charge of 8€ applies so I was quite surprised and disappointed when I had to pay it upon arrival.

It's a little outside Verona. So you would need a car to get in from here. I'm sure there are public transport links although we didn't use them.

Very modern hotel, clean comfortable and room was a great size. Pictures are a very good reflection of the property. The shower was great! And breakfast was very accessible in the morning. Good selection.

It is easy to reach from the highway, but you definitely need a car as it's far from the center. Even though the breakfast buffet is small, it has almost everything you need; however, I think it is a bit overpriced (7.5 Euro per person).

Only one bus into town every 40mins or so, buy tickets at the reception desk as they are cheaper compared to when bought on the bus, walk to busstop about 10-15mins. If alone the bus is probably the easiest and cheapest way to go into town; if there's more people or late at night a cab ride for about 14€ might be a better choice or park your car at any of the parking lots at the city entrance (I think the cheapest ones a little further out start around 5€ a day if I'm not mistaken). The second day the code for the room didn't work anymore so they had to give me a new one. I think I read in some other reviews that it seems to be a common problem and happens quite often.

Basic hotel in an industrial area at the outskirts of Verona, immediately next to the highway, good choice if travelling by car because of free parking space, which was also the reason for chosing it. Good value for money but don't expect too much because as I said it's very basic - no coffee/tea making facility or minibar/fridge (though there are vending machines in the lobby). Bathroom is dated as the hotel is in an older but well renovated and restored building with modern, comfortable furniture and a cosy bed. They offer late check in through self-check-in-machines. The staff at reception is very helpful and offer good advice when needed. Room was reasonably clean. Breakfast is another 7,20€, but I didn't test it. Wifi is fast but you have to log in again every time.

Could do with a few more options for breakfast - but there was a decent amount of choice for the price.

The room was clean and spacious. Only a 10 minute drive from Verona city centre.

The location was in the middle of a business park with lots of industrial buildings. The rooms and the hotel itself was new but location would not be ideal for travellers without a car to get around. We did spot a hooker on one of the street corners one night as we were driving back from dinner. Hopefully that gives you an idea of what type of neighbourhood it is in. It's close to the motorway and other amenities but be prepared for the surroundings.

The rooms were new and large. It was very clean and staff were friendly. The beds were comfortable and the hotel was generally quiet. We had booked three single rooms and they were spacious, clean and bright. I enjoyed the comfortable bed and the big bathroom.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

The room was too warm and we were not able to change the temperature.

We decided to buy breakfast only in the morning and the owner asked us only 5€ instead of 7.20€ 😊

First of all the room I got (502) was quite different from those whose pictures are placed on the site. No source of light in the entrance of the room to the extent that I could see nothing in the wardrobe. The bathroom was not rennovated but clean. The TV was beside the bed not at its end, so the only way that you can watch it is lying on your side on the bed, could have been hung on the wall. The air conditioner was so poorly functioning, a small split a.c at the entrance which gave no cool air at all. First day I woke up from the warmth of the weather and couldn't decrease the temperature as it's set. No supermarket what so ever, so I recommend, if you don't have a car like me, taking some snacks with you. The nearest bus station was 1.1 km which wasn't quite close.

The staff were so helpful and kind. I arrived quite early and they offered me an early check in. The breakfast was quite good. When I wanted to dine the young man in the reception recommended an excellent pizzeria and called them for me. When I was about to leave I had some problems packing so they offered help. The people there are extremely nice which made my short stay quite comfortable and happy.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Very nice and clean room. The receptionist was very kind, spoke good english, gave us useful information about Verona. Thw wifi worked good. We stayed only for one night and left early in the morning so we didn't try the breakfast.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

What was bad in my business trip that they took me money from the card which I used for reservation. It was ok that money to be only blocked and Client to decide if money can be taken from that card or another. I wanted to pay from business card and it was not possible. Very strange. If they are afraid that someone will not come block this money before and if it really doesn't come take the money, but not before. I asked the guy from the reception to solve the problem but he didn't do nothing. Only went somewhere and came back saying it is not possible. I was happy at least he gave me the bill with my name and name of my company. I proposed them to send money back and I will pay from business card also the taxes for sending money back. This was the bad story with B&B Hotel Verona

It is clear a business hotel. To come and to sleep. That's all. It is placed into industrial zone of the city without any shop or other commercial facilities.

• Reviewed: 24 November 2016

Location is not the best. Situated in industrial area which I didnt realize when booked. Very far from centre so you can rich only by taxi. Public transport such as bus is rare (aprox.every 30 min) and NO bus on Sundays. Pillows were small and flat, not very comfy to have rest.

The interior of the rooms. Bright colors.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Being on the ground, the noise from the ones serving breakfast was quite loud but except thus ecerything was just fine :).

The room was vlean and neat and we liked the big print on the wall depicting one of Veronas attractions :).

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

They do not have a restaurant and the ones nearby were not so great.

Very clean and comfortable. We got some very useful help during our stay. The concierge gave us a map and pointed out a few spots to visit and places to try some local food. By mistake we'd only booked a room for one of us but the staff was able to arrange accommodation for both of us!

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Breakfast should be included in the price if advertised as B&B. Access to Verona would have been difficult without car.

The convenience of location from motorway . The room was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

We were on the first floor and could hear everything, we did not sleep much and the girl at the front desk was not willing to help.

Good location, most of the staff was very good, the late night staff did not handle the noise issue very well but the morning staff was very kind when we told them about not being able to sleep.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

A little difficult to locate at first.

Good location out of the city centre as long as you have own transport (hire car), car parking was available. Staff were extremely helpful and breakfast available.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

Maybe a kettle would have been nice, but considering price cannot complain 😃

Friendly staff, easy access if you have car, free parking, nice spacious comfortable room to sleep in

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

The hotel location is horrible. There was only one bus connection which is 800 meters away from the hotel and it ends at 9.30 pm. We had to take taxi all the time and they charged us extra money all the time. Moreover the hotel is located in the industrial area and after 10 pm there were prostitutes just right at the corner of the hotel. So it is absolutely better option to book a hotel in the city center which seems like more expensive compare to this hotel. However if we collect all the money that we had to spend on taxi, it is going to the best best price. I won't recommend anyone to stay here.

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

The location is in an industrial area. So, you need to get a bus into town for around 2 euros each. This is easy enough. A taxi is between 15-20 euros each way. Therefore, you cannot go back to the hotel for a rest and back out in the evening cheaply.

The staff were really friendly. They went out of there way to help rather than just answering our questions. The breakfast had a very good continential variety and was delicious. Our room was spacious and the bed particularly comfortable.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

not so good: cant open the window because of the autostrada, you can hear the neighbours when the having a shower/or going along the floor

good: breakfast (more sweet choice),wifi, room, distance from city centre and autostrada

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

If you go on holidays without a car it is in a terrible location. Because even when it is "close to the city center" it is outside the city so there is no good public transport all the way there.

The hotel and rooms were nice and clean

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

The hotel is a bit far from the center. It takes 10-15 minutes to walk to the nearest bus stop. The bus comes in every half hour.

Our room was clean, modern and comfortable. The breakfast was rich and tasty. The receptionists were kind and helpful. They were flexible with our check-in as we arrived too late, but we were able to do it via phone and pay for the room the next morning.

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

Nothing around the hotel, must go to the city center (10min driving)

Good location if you want to stay close to the motorway, and only 10 min driving to city center, but nothing friendly just around the hotel. Big rooms with modern style.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

Great hotel in very good location if you are travelling with a car or motorcycle. Very pleasant,clean and spacy rooms. For me the best choise arround Verona.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

We used this place for an overnight stay after a late night arrival at Verona airport before travelling on. Not a beautiful location! But a short taxi ride (€25) from the airport and easy bus links into the centre of Verona. Facilities were good and the selection at breakfast was very goodfor the €4 price tag!

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

Location was a shame. We hadn't realised that the nearest bus stop (15 minutes away) was only useful until 8pm which meant that we had to get a taxi back every night. This got quite expensive between just the two of us - would recommend budgeting taxi money in.

Friendly helpful staff. Spacious rooms with actual double bed (not two singles pushed together). Nice bathroom. Reception would ring taxi for us to the town centre - around 15 euros one way.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

The location for road tripers like us is super bad. If you don't travel by car, you have to walk 20 minutes with your rucksack from last bus station, and after 10 pm it's about 40 minutes. Once we went to our hotel, which was around 11 pm, there were about 20-40 hookers on the road we passed while going to our hotel. The area seemed to be really dangerous after dark. If you want to visit verona and then go to your hotel, it might be better to take a cab. Our bathroom was also a huge disappointment. The faucet in shower was a ruin! It was hard to set mid warm water too, we needed around 5 minutes to figure it out how. The tiling had many cracks. I felt really uncomfortable using the bathroom. There was also dust in our room. Well this hotel has 3 stars and I'm not sure why so much. Additionally, paying over 7 euro for the breakfast, that's way too much and there are no grocery stores in the area at all!

The room itself was big and nice for one night stay. We also like the comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

Location wasn't ideal, using local number 61 bus which was about 300 metres away was good as it got you in to the city centre, but be prepared to use a taxi to get in to the city centre as bus doesn't run after 11pm

Very nice big double room, amazing service and facilities.

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

Bulbs out in multiple locations Tiny shower Crap vending machines in foyer ( in the sense that they are un reliable ) Really thin pillows X1 each

Staff very helpful Balcony Good wifi

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

Window viewing to the highway. Sometimes it was annoying to get to center and back to the hotel . One of the to rooms we had was a shared door with other room , and all night we had noise from it , day after they moved us to other room which was nice and quiet .

The staff explained us everything about touring in town . We had a car , and it was 15 min to center. Nice and clean rooms .

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

Location, it is quite far away from the center. Bus stop is 500 m from hotel and the receptionist gave us a map with the way to the bus stop, hand-drawn;))

Everything clean and fine, good breakfast as well (for extra fee),nice staff

• Reviewed: 23 June 2016

- Location is bad for who needs to go to the center without a car. - My room had a door to the adjacent room which didn't isolate the sound between rooms at all, keeping away the privacy.

Price

Nice room with good price.

Bed

Cheap hotel

No staff after 11:00pm

Beds

Nice, clean modern hotel close to the highway. Easy to approach, parking available.

Hotel a little bit further from centre of Verona

Express check-in, good breakfest, enough place to park the car

Staff is very friendly, helpful and professional. Room clean. Nb It is a few km out of centre.

Very clean, beds were comfortable and bathroom facilities impeccable. Would recommend. Not far from centre of Verona

Friendly staff, clean and nice rooms

Nice clean place. Friendly staff. We had 3 adults - family members. Everything was good.

Everything was nice This was second time to stay in this awesome hotel

very simple modern B&B with friendly staff, clean good rooms. Not close to city center, but if travelling by ca, is not a problem.

Abit run down in the area of the hotel and about 15 mins from centre of Verona

Staff, ok location, easy check in, price of stay

the area! full of prostitution!

Good location - Close to the highway and city center Clean rooms and friendly staff

No refrigerator No coffee machine Poor internet

Staff is so friendly

We had a room on the ground floor and you could hear so much noise.

That we could hire bikes.

Very helpful receptionist.

Cleanliness, staff, balance quality-price

The surrounding area

It was clean and modern.

Clean

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Parking is small and dark in the night, the area is not so nice

Usual B&B quality, close to the high way

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Location is not so bed is near to the motorway, but enviroment is bad.

Breakfest was delicious, bed was very confortable...

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

A bit noise from the highway

Fine hotel for business travelers

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

My stay was pleasant I enjoy it

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

The surroundings

Extraordinary breakfast

Close to high way(100m),also close to Verona city center (5 km).

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

very basic hotel, but clean rooms, and friendly staff. Perfect to stay for 1 night for a fair price.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

The eggs were delicious. The staff was amazingly friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

It s far enough from the center

Ir was Good enough for one night that we stayed..

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

Reciewed another room than I had booked.

The parking space.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

Friendly staff. Very good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

No bar but guess that's obvious in hindsight by the name of the B and B/ hotel.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Really nice stuff, clean room, close to the highway. Good for one night when you travel long distance across the Italy.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Location taxi definitely required for evening trip to Verona centre. Local Bus service stops around 9pm.

Very helpful staff