Reviews of Hotel Terminal 3 stars

Via Ponte Seveso 38, Stazione Centrale, 20125 Milan, Italy

#252 of 424 hotels in Milan

I didn't like it. I would not go again.

The room was dark and dirty. The lift was dirty and had liquid spilt inside it. I did not feel clean even sleeping in the bed and was thankful that we had booked this hotel for just one night.

It was 10 minutes away from Centrale, where you can take the...

It was really close to the train station and there was quite some noise, but it was not that bad.

It was 10 minutes away from Centrale, where you can take the subway to anywhere. The staff was very polite and asked if we needed a cab when we checked out. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and we had a terrace where we could smoke. Also, breakfast was tasty.

Great place next to Milano Centrale

The clerk checking us in was short with us if not rude. The checkout clerk, on the other hand, was friendly enough.

Friend and I were in town for one night to see a show. The location was great as it was a quick walk from the train station. It was a perfectly clean, convenient, and affordable place to stay for a less than 24hr trip to Milan. They offered us a 5% discount if we paid the bill in cash.

It was very close to the metro station (600m approx)

The smell inside , they need to open more the window for fresh air .

It was very close to the metro station (600m approx) It has parking places Elevator for baggage .

Everything was fine, the place is very close to the train...

The facilities are old and need refurbishment. The window was small and the room was a little dark.

Everything was fine, the place is very close to the train station and worth for its value.

Total lack of a welcome or greeting by reception sadly affected my experience of this hotel.

The welcome, or rather, total lack of it. I never received a hello, a good morning or good evening from either of the staff members on reception either on arrival or at any of the times I came and went. One staff member never said a single word to me, even when taking or handing me the room key. That first impression stays. The location was failrly handy for Stazione Centrale; however, for the price, one can stay in the nicer, southern side of Centrale; there are several options there. The single available power socket in tne room (the other taken up by the tv connection) was faulty, so I had to charge my phone and devices in the bathroom; not so handy when wanting to use the device at same time as charging. I didn’t mention this to the staff as I didn’t think they’d be able to fix it during my short stay (2nights) but in any case, the non-responsiveness on the part of the staff members was hardly conducive to any approach.

Nice, spacious reception area

Not worth the money.

Wi-fi was not working in the room. It was strange smell ( mold) in the room and the bathroom. At 3 am firealarm was ringning because someone was smoking in the room.

Good breakfast. Close to centrale station.

Location was very good and near central station for...

Location was very good and near central station for passengers who travel by train and also there are several buses near the hotel which take people to malpenza airport with good value. Lift was so big and had enough capacity to take the luggages to upper floors. Staff were very kind

Good place for short stay

The location is comfortable - 5 min. walking from the central station, room was tiny and ok for a short stay, wifi was good, welcoming staff English speaking.

One night and it was good for that.

Walls are thin and I could easily hear my neighbor on the phone.

The hotel is very close to the Central Station and that is why I stayed there. The room was adequate with a good shower.

Ok

Small, outdated room but decent. Not to keen on the cleaning but we stayed only one night so didn’t mind.

Really good location for tranzit. 5 minutes to the trainstation. You can also catch a hop on hop off bus in front of the trainstation if you want to visit the city. Good chineese restaurant nearby(le chalet). The hotel staff was nice and printed our boarding passes. Also the neighbourhood was ok and not as shady as you would expect near a trainstation.

Close to Centrale, cheap, nothing special, area is dirty and somehow hostile.

Hotel policy - cash only, which is disappointing. Check your payments because personnel is inattentive and doesn't fix the payments! Ask for checks (breakfast) though I'm not sure they provide them. The area near the hotel is dirty, lots of homeless and drunk people on the streets, sometimes they get aggressive.

Close location to Milano Centrale - perfect if you have an early flight from any of the airports: you can get to the airports by bus. Don't go under the bridge from/to Centrale - it's better and more pleasant to go through the station. Close to Sondrio metro station (yellow line) - you can easily get to Duomo and the city center. Lady at the breakfast was very pleasant, breakfast is ok and costs 7,50 euro.

Excellent location

Old renovation. Breakfast is very basic although rather varied. If you don't have time to go for a better option in the morning, as in my case, it's a good trade anyway. Could have been better still

Excellent location

Our saviour hotel

After our original apartment was a complete dive we managed to get a really last minute booking for this hotel at a great price. It is a basic hotel with a comfortable bed and good facilities. Perfect for a short stay in the city. Only 10 minute walk from the central station, which was handy for us, walking around with rucksacks. The staff were friendly and our stay was enjoyable. All for a great price.

ok but not not ok!

Price because of the Milan event_design... Crazy prices for 2 days, 2 rooms_1300 euros for a 3 star Hotel!!!! Never again....

Location and staff was ok!

The only thing I appreciated about this hotel was the location.

I didn’t like the unfriendliness I’d the staff. I booked a double twin room and when I got to my room there was a single bed room. The room smelled like smoke. I went down to the reception and the gentleman made it sound like I had no idea what I was talking about and told me to go rest becuse I looked fitted that we would talk later. After I insisted, he made a call and had a man go to my room and separate he beds. The man did not identify himself which made me a little nervous. He was not friendly either. The hotel is overpriced in my opinion. Bed was super uncomfortable too. You have to give your room key every time you leave the hotel, that was different. When I asked, I was told for security purposes. I guess I’m not old enough to be responsible for my hotel room key. The pictures are not accurate of the actual condition of the hotel. If you do your research, you can get a lower priced hotel and better quality.

The location that is about it.

Prepaid breakfast service opened at 7 and we had to catch a...

Prepaid breakfast service opened at 7 and we had to catch a 7:25 train. The breakfast hostess was very helpful but one of the staff was rude and indicated we could not take anything to go and would not allow us to take coffee.

it is ok for 1 or max 2 nights, if you aren't a light sleeper though.

1. reception staff can be way better, more informative and welcoming. 2. internet 3rd floor, doesn't quite work. More no than yes. 3. noisy rooms, able to hear through the walls, especially, bathroom ones.

location. 24hr check-in.

Overall a nice place to stay in Budapest downtown

Spa area very small and not convenient ... the jacuzzi seemed not very clean. Hotel restaurant definitely overpriced for the quality of the food you get.

Quiet spacious rooms and really good breakfast.

Good enough

We were a group who travelled to attend an Inter football match. However, as it was Milan Fashion Week we ended up paying a much higher price for our stay. It's not the Hotel fault as it is a circumstantial occurance however the price payed was a bit too much for my single room. (To be more correct, all the hotels in area were to much expensive in the same week). Although, I still would book again at Hotel Terminal on normal days as they have good prices.

All was well taken care off. Clean Rooms, Satisfying Breakfast and polite staff.

Great hotel

The staff could be more friendly and understandable.

Great area, just 5 minutes from the nearest metro station and the railway station. Clean rooms, very quite and generally a value for money option.

Location was good, staff was friendly and the rooms were...

The rooms can be renovated quite a bit, especially for the money you are paying per night, the rooms are very outdated. They are clean indeed, but somehow it still smelled like cigarettes and vinegar in our room almost all the time, especially in the bathroom...also the lighting in the room can be improved.

Location was good, staff was friendly and the rooms were cleaned daily.

Good location, great value for money.

The sheets in on the bed were quite thin and we did not have a proper duvet cover. Since the hotel is close to Milan Central station you can sometimes hear the trains however this was not a major issue and did not keep us awake at night. Would have been nice if breakfast was included in the price.

Good sized bedroom and bathroom with all the essential facilities. Good location and just a short walk to Milan Central station. Great value for money taking everything into consideration, definitely recommended.

Average quality for average price

The bathroom is dusty enough. Because of the lack of open heating - condensate was dripping from the window. There was no place to put out cloth.

The staff was fine and helpful, bringing us one more blanket in a few minutes after our request. The bed in our room was comfortable. A bit far from the center, but close to Metro station, tram stop, and Milano Centrale station. Not very noisy. Set of mini-cosmetics was present there.

I loved the cleanliness and the lovely staff who were...

The only feature I did not like AT ALL was the wi-fi without which we could not travel around Milan and beyond so we had to use our own mobile network most of the time. There were multiple networks to connect with but they were constantly being disconnected or very very very slow. It is important to note, however, that whenever it disconnected and we told the receptionist on the phone, they immediately re-set the modem

I loved the cleanliness and the lovely staff who were helpful in ever way. I also liked the fact that the maids used to call before entering the rooms if we were still inside, rather than just bursting in like other hotels. Moreover, the receptionists were amazingly friendly and accomodating in our payment methods as I had to change from cash to card during my stay and they accepted without any hesitations. This hotel and its workers extremely exceeded my expectations. I DEFINITELY recommend it to everyone!

The property may certainly be showing its age, but the location and price is hard to beat.

Bathroom is a bit old and could use a refurbishment or deep clean. Other room fittings and doors appear quite old and may need some repairs, but are not critical problems.

The property is very close to Milano Centrale - either a 10 minute walk or can take a tram.

The staff was pretty helpful and kind during my staying in...

The staff was pretty helpful and kind during my staying in the Hotel. The hotel facilities are quite ok as-well as the cleanliness of the room. Te main pro is that the hotel is located less than 5 minutes walk away from the Milan Central Station, which make it very easy and well connected with the all the city airports and most of the main attractions of the city that are reachable through the Yellow Line of the Local Metro. Another pro is that it is surrounded by bars, supermarkets (carrefour Express) and bakeries. The room is big enough and is provided with Tv, minibar and a safe box. It has a good value for the money!

Good place for a one night stay

The interior of the bathroom is really old and looks a bit rusty/dirty.

A fine and basic hotel near Milano Centrale. Easy to find and plenty of blankets for the cold nights.

Not bad

You can hear practically everything going on in the other rooms, both on your floor and above

Short distance to Milan Central Station (although seems like kind of a shady area) Comfortable beds Clean bathrooms

Milan: design stores, history and good food

In the very first day the internet was awful, but it got better on the other days

The location is good, nearby central station where you can take subway or train. In the station there are supermarket, stores and snack bars. Very convenient.

Spacious room, heating was working, wifi ok, hot water -...

A little subtle street noise, but it is understandable when you are in the centre

Spacious room, heating was working, wifi ok, hot water - good pressure, staff very helpful, but above all, great location next to Milano Centrale, this was the reason I booked this hotel

Good hotel next to Central Station

Great location, just 5 minutes walking from Central Station. Metro and tram prox to the hotel, direct connection to Duomo and historical centre. Clean and comfortable. Nice to meet Milano in one weekend.

Near Milano train station 15 mins fr walk with the big...

When I arrived the first reception told me that if I use credit card it will charge 3% but the day that I chk out the second staff said it do not any charge to use the credit card so it mean if i met the same staff i will be charge 3% when i pay. Why ?????? -the bed sheet not good i felt the itch all my stay

Near Milano train station 15 mins fr walk with the big baggage. Nice to sleep for short

Location was alright, not too far from the station, and for...

A minor setback that occurred during our stay was that we noticed some blood on the sheets, and asked the staff to change them for us. No one ever came to change the sheets. There was also a weird chemical smell on some of the towels, so we suspected they may not have been cleaned properly.

Location was alright, not too far from the station, and for the price, the rooms were okay as well. The front desk was quite friendly, but it is definitely a no-frills kind of hotel so don't expect five-star service.

Perfect stay in Milano

It's very close to the central rail station and it's perfect for a flight from Malpensa airport. The staff was very correct and helpful and there was no problem with the reservation. The room was clear (everyday cleaning and changing of the towels), the bathroom was perfect.

Close to train station and clean

Phone charging possible at the table, not close to the bed. Room quite dark. Personal is not too friendly and check-out was very slow (might be that the girl was at internship or so).

Good location, 10 min. walking distance from main train station and metro. Bakery and supermarket close to the hotel. Nice and clean room.

A very good choice for Milan.

A tea tray in our room is always great; something sadly lacking in most European hotels.

This is a very comfortable hotel, within easy walking distance from Milan's main railway station, which in turn means good access to everywhere in Milan. The room was very well appointed, the staff courteous, and the breakfast was really very good, especially by italian standards. For a city hotel, the Terminal is excellent value.

Good location for travels around Nothern Italy

The street is somewhat noisy. Trams begin to drive early in mornings. The location near the great railway station is not suited for late evening promenades.

The location near Milano Centrale is very convenient for travels to various remarkable places of Italy. Friendly personal will give a kettle upon request. Buffet breakfast are not ample but sufficient

Pleased with the hotel and the receptionists.

There wasn´t a ramp for the luggage at the main entrance and the steps are quite steep. Providing easy access for luggage is a must. A little more light in the room area would have been appreciated, for example a central light.

The hotel used to be a four-star one and some of the features of it remain. The room was large and the beds comfortable and ample. The bathroom was quite large and had a large tub as well. Breakfast offer was quite varied.

Excellent value for the room's size and condition which was good (apart from that first hiccup).

Strong urine smell in bathroom when we walked in, staff came in and agreed, would have preferred to move but some fellow came in and cleaned with chemicals instead of listening to our desire for another room (he declined, so I assume he was in charge) and the smell was masked, came back slightly in the morning but by the time the cleaning was done that day it was gone and never returned.

Good location for us.

Dissapointing and overpriced for what was provided, would not revisit.

Very very tired facilities, not representative of photos or previous customer scores. Very small single room with terrible shower, bed very small and not comfortable.

Quite a good continental breakfast

Nice place to stay in Milano, with easy transport connection by bus, train, metro..

The towels had very bad smell, not dirty but very weird... The location is near the train station Milano Centrale but the environment was strange and a little bit scary in the evening...

The room was nice and big, comfortable for only one night that we spend there.

location close to train station- staff helpful arranging...

streets around hotel were a bit seedy- hotel could use more maintenance but generally satisfactory

location close to train station- staff helpful arranging transportaion

Convenient overnight stop only.

Neighbourhood. Small room. Difficult to get right temperature in the room.

Convenient overnight stop only. Soperga hotel a little further away probably a better choice.

Ideal for Monza trip.

For the money - nothing really.

Location was in an excellent spot for our purposes(F1 Monza - very close to station) however it felt slightly on the edge of areas that were not necessarily ideal to spend time in. It was clean and staff were welcoming. Breakfast was basic (and it was possible to get better value for money in nearby cafes or the station eating places. )The mini bar in our room was a bonus. Good value for money especially during GP w/end.

clean friendly hotel close to centrale station but not the most attractive part of town

area the hotel was in , we felt safe enough but it was a bit scruffy and dirty like the areas around big railway stations in any big city

hotel very clean , staff helpful, most of whom spoke English, good selection of foods for breakfast, air conditioning in bedroom, wifi wasnt great, connection a bit sporadic. lift went up to the bedroom floors, some steps down to the breakfast room, in a slightly scruffy area of the city, but very close to centrale station and metro so easy to access other areas of the city and tourist / sports venues

Good as a last resort.

Staff was not welcoming at all. The room was poorly lit. There was no cold water, so it was impossible to take a shower without getting burned. The shower had no cabin so water spilled all over.

Close to Central station.

I could say I was pleased

"Thin" walls was one of the problem you could hear the others in the next room, and the elevator had some issues stopping sometimes.

Friendly staff, clean room, big bathroom, freewifi and free parking, close to the train station and metro station also so it helped us al lot for our trips and movement to the city.

Good value for money

Hotel is more outdated than can be seen in pictures and the neighborhood is not ideal to walk around, although very close to the central station. We've rather been more disappointed about Milan in general, so we could not enjoy our stay at this hotel as much as we should have.

The room was clean and comfortable, staff very nice (kudos to the girl on reception). Good value for money, considering the accommodation prices in the area.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

It was pleasant but not too comfort.

Room was too small, actually it is only one large bed in it and bathroom is one step away from bed. Building is a little bit older, but not a problem for short stay.

Hotel's location is quite ok, near the Central railway station in Milano, easy accessible and 5 minutes walk from metro station. Kind staff. Supermarket near hotel.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

It was 10 minutes walk to the main train station and from...

The wifi was very weak.

It was 10 minutes walk to the main train station and from that you can possibly get to most of the main attractions using metro. The staff was helpful.

Don't bother staying here. You can find much better somewhere else!

The bed was very hard. The shower was dirty it clogged up and leaked. The decor is decades old. There was one blanket in the room and it smelled musty. The curtains had not been washed in some time. There was no coffee or tea in the room and the wifi only worked for like 15 minutes in total of my 2 day stay. I felt like I was staying at the Bates Motel.

Comfortable and satisfy..

When someone came in maybe the person who cleaned the bathroom, who left the sliding door open, its very important to close that door because we have a lot of near room easy to come in my room, and we have important things inside the room. You are asking to leave the key room everytime your leaving the room for safety reason, but how about the customers safety?

Good option for short stay

The location of the hotel is not the perfect one. Don't get a room with streetview - it is very noisy. The Wi-Fi was not working at all. They have a strange practice to request your room key when you are going somewhere. You cannot go out with the key - not sure why this is really required.

Good option for 1-2 nights and is just about 10 mins away from the train station.

Its nice but it could be better .

Apart from the great staff, I thought the bathtub was small , the AC wasnt too efficient, the pillows were too thin and the bed sheets didnt feel fresh.

I really liked the staff , they were friendly and extremely helpful in giving directions on where to go in the city.

Clean issues

One of the 3 rooms booked was very unclean, with hair in the toilet and in the bed. The hotel is old and dark and a little bit distant from the city center.

The location near the trainstation

Location close to rail station altho at night it was scary...

Air condition not very cool and room was a little bit dusty. Plus towels were washed with bleach i supposed so the smell was very very strong

Location close to rail station altho at night it was scary to walk outside. Nearby streets were dark

The hotel is very close to the Milano train station.

The area around the hotel isn't vey pleasant.

The hotel is very close to the Milano train station. The room was ready when we arrive (just before 12.00).

All in all a good hotel, but the staff I talked to has to do a training in "How to handle guests"

On tv were only italian channels. For an international hotel I expect at least one news-channel in english. But worth than that was the staff. The two men I met at the check-in and the check-out were incredibly unfriendly - in which the behaviour of the man at the check-in was still acceptable. But, nevertheless, no nameplate, no smile in the face, no "Good evening. Welcome to the..." and the talking was reduced to a minimum. Is this the way you want to be received after a long journey? But the highlight was the man during the "check-out". He gave me a list and said "Sign here!" When I wanted to read what I should sign he got very unfriendly. He asked: "What's your problem? Why don't you just sign?" I said that I want to read the text before I give my signature. His reaction: "Come on, everybody signs." In the text was written - as far as I understood - that I accept with my signature that my personal data can be given to external providers to receive phone calls or advertisement. Is this a normal practices in this hotel? And the tone of the staff was in my detection extremely unfriendly and aggressive, too. At home I saw, that he also gave me a wrong bill. The name was mine, but the price was wrong. During the check-out I was so annoyed that I just wanted to leave the hotel. This is a reason for me to avoid this hotel next time. Sorry for the management, but in my opinion is this not the right way to handle guests.

The rooms were clean, silent and the air-condition was good. In the bathroom was a shower and a bath. The next Metro is 8 minutes away (by foot). A few yards on the left is a good supermarket.

location good but dark and silent streets... be careful!

Location is close to the Milan Centrale but people around are not good.... silent and dark... very frightened to walk to the hotel at night... wireless internet is only working at the reception.

breakfast except the coffee...

The hotel is situated very close to the Main train station...

I suppose the walls are very thin because I could hear every noise: every opening of a door, every talk in the corridor, every train, etc.

The hotel is situated very close to the Main train station and the metro station (around 5 min. walk), quite convenient for people who will travel by train or will take a bus to the airport. It offers rather basic conditions which is fine for a short stay. The person at the reception was kind and welcoming. The internet connection was very good.

good place to spend one night

Rooms are quite old.

Good location, near the railroad station (10 minutes walk). Perfect place to spend one night if you are planning to travel to another Italy`s cities.

Staff was very friendly.

Staff was very friendly. The front steps made it hard to get our luggage in and out of the hotel. It was close to the train station. I noticed a few things that needed repair but overall it served its purpose.

A good place to stay, at a fair price.

It's not a prime hotel, lower than the most 3-star hotels that you can find everywhere, but ok for the Italian standards. It is well located, a short walking distance from Milan Central Station, with buses and Tram nearby. Clean (although I could find 1 or 2 ants in the room) and simple, offers free wifi and the staff is helpfull.

Not near the main train station

I read some advice before the come to this hotel. Hotel is not nearly main train station. Please write detail clearly. Hotel is near the public tram.

The bathroom was special for room.

Not far from the train station, the staff is quite nice, the...

the hotel nearby is not safe, a lot of drunk people there at night. The city tax is very high

Not far from the train station, the staff is quite nice, the room is comfortable

Value for the money, good place for what it is.

Good price for a functional room that was clean but a tad aged. Staff was nice. Did not use the dining area so I cannot comment on that. It's an older hotel that I'm sure was great at it's peak but still adequate for what it is.

The receptionist Andrew was very kind in prepare coffe for...

The shower was a little bit loose and because of the pressure of the water kept turning to the wall...

The receptionist Andrew was very kind in prepare coffe for us. The location is very strategic, only 10 minutes walking from the main train station with easy access to the public transport.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

The location is really good, which is closed to central...

it is quite good. there is no much complaint.

The location is really good, which is closed to central railway station. The hotel stuff is really nice who peovide lots of usedul information.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

The hotel was very convenient for us as we were able to get around without any difficulty.

The hotel would have been a very beautiful property in it's early years, I just feel it needs a lot of work to bring it close to the original state. It really needs a revamp...

The hotel was very close to the main station and good public transport.

Should not be a 3 star hotel!

A/C was not working Bathroom tub and floor was dirty Wifi was not working Some staff members were rude, unhelpful and unaccommodating We had to give the key back each time we left the room and we had one key to share amongst 3 people, which was an inconvenience. Not enough lighting. Black mould in the bathroom.

Location - not too far from central station

Look for better

Lousy area, aircon pracrically useless lucky it wasn't too hot at night.Staff mediocre. Very noisy on main road and main railtrack at the back. won't return. Need a metro to go anywhere

Very close to central station, breakfast ok.

Good price

The hotel has an old view, so it doesnt seem so hygienic. The floor and the bathroom were not so clear. The room was very cold, and the air conditioning was not enough to make it hot. There was a tight blanket in the bed which is not enough for this cold city. While returning back to the hotel at night, on the way of Centrale to hotel, we faced with a fight in front of a market with market owner and some homeless or bagger (not sure) guys.

This hotel is a good choise with its reasonable price, since the ones around it have higher prices. Very close to Centrale station, 5-10min. Also, you may walk to city centre too, but it is not so close, we used subway from Centrale. Tram also goes in front of the hotel. There are some markets and restaurants around it. But the Buenos Aires street side of the station is more live. Internet connection was fine.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Great staff assistance

Staff were well informed and very friendly.

The breakfast was totally unappealing, expensive for what was on offer. The rooms had no insulation so you could hear all and every noise in adjoining rooms which in Italy is not good.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Not the most comfortable

Shower ran red first morning with rust. The walls are paperthin and most nights we were kept awake by family's with children or just people randomly moving furniture around. Wasn't the most comfortable place we have stayed.

Browse Hotel Terminal traveller photo gallery