Reviews of Hotel Torino 4 stars

Via Principe Amedeo 8, Central Station, 00187 Rome, Italy

#871 of 967 hotels in Rome

Until plumbing is upgraded and functional, I cannot in good conscience recommend this hotel.

Room 702 is way too small to be a "Double;" the toilet was non-functional, and there was no water pressure for the shower. Requested room change after 1st night. The next room was a "Triple" -- far more spacious, but view was of airshaft and toilet still barely functional. Front desk seems unfazed by plumbing issues; they must hear the same complaints daily! Breakfast on terrace looks nice in photos, but cannot really be enjoyed because pigeons swarm and land on the tables and the peoples' plates.

Interior breakfast room was very pretty. Breakfast staff was very attentive. Common areas just above lobby were comfortable for sitting.

Very Average

Large double was 2 singles pushed together. One of the mattresses was in a poor condition and needed replacing. Shower pressure was very poor. Laminate flooring in room had lifted by the bathroom doorway and was a tripping hazard.

Location was good. Room clean. Breakfast was basic but tssty.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

The shower and service, when we got back to our room we were a few expensive chocolates short... so don't leave your food unattended since cleaning staff will eat them.

So disappointed, never recommend this

Literally everything apart from location. Once we got in the room, there was a woman underwear in the hanger and shower door was broken. As we were staying only 3 days we did not want to trouble them by changing our room etc. We noticed that we have been bitten by sth whenever we sleep, and last day before check out my gf’s eye got swollen. There is defo sth bite her and we did not experience such thing in other hotels in different countries before arriving there. Once we reported this issue to the reception ( also manager) including broken shower door, underwear etc, those guys did not give a s**t. They did not even apologize. That was so disrespectful and kinda felt like we have discriminated. Somehow, we managed to get another room, but i did not like the way they behaved. By the way, wifi connection was reallly pooooor. Seriously. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone !!!

Location is good. So close to the main station

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

I would not rate it a 4 star hotel, maybe it used to be but needs a lot of work done. Other than than I cannot fault this hotel.

I don’t know why there is so many bad reviews of this hotel, it’s an excellent location, rooms are big, they are clean and it has a safe and Black out room to sleep in. I paid more for a hotel about 5 buildings down hotel principl Amedeo and it had no safe, no WiFi, no black out blinds, my room was bottom floor next to reception and I couldn’t sleep for the stall in front, there was also constant light in the room as it had see through curtains, I stayed there 2 nights then when I came to hotel Torino I was so happy, and wish I stayed here the 3 nights, it would have made my trip more comfortable.

Location, charming, very clean, lovely views from roof top...

Breakfast had a good variety of offerings but coffee was terrible and undrinkable and this in Italy! Lack of air conditioning in the room I had. It was ok as was not so hot but in midsummer?

Location, charming, very clean, lovely views from roof top dining terrace

The outside breakfast area on the top floor has great views...

There are several steps between the lobby and the lift which makes hauling a heavy suitcase up and down a bit difficult. Depending on who is staffing reception, one may either receive some assistance or be astutely ignored.

The outside breakfast area on the top floor has great views over the city - a very pleasant start to the day.

Short stay/over in Rome on departing the country after a holiday elsewhere in Italy.

The shower rose didn’t work so well. Reception staff a little cool, not particularly welcoming.

Close to Termini so excellent location if travelling by train but still within walking distance of most sights. Great breakfast.

Comfortable stay

The bathroom was a little tired and at times, I could smell the drains. However, you can often smell the drains in Rome walking along the street. Also, the air conditioning was not brilliant.

The breakfast was good and the bed was very comfortable. The room was a good size

Pay extra money and go to a different hotel

Air conditioning was running but the room never got cold. The bed was actually 2 twin beds put together. Bed, sheets, pillows etc..... were really cheap and uncomfortable. Room was small. The shower/tub was hard to use and a little dangerous.

location was decent

Its location is close to reasonably priced restaurants and...

Everything was good at the hotel but beware of the takeaway diagonally opposite the street corner, two shops down. I had to point out FOUR of the paninis for sale in his glass cabinet had a substancial amount of mould on them. (You don't want to be sick in Rome).

Its location is close to reasonably priced restaurants and Termini railway station.

Terrible we checked out

Not having any hot water The un welcome check in The peeling paint on the ceiling Safe did not work Curtains did not close Door was faulty

The roof terrace

I do not recommend this hotel.

The night staff was very rude, not talkative and especially putting us in the waiting room at 2am because he had to finish some paperwork which really did not need to be completed before our check in. I booked a double room and ended up on the last floor, at the last room where we were assigned a twin room. The hotel would by default put people in their non-wanting rooms and expect people to say nothing in order to fill these in. This is clearly unacceptable and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Had stayed in this hotel some years ago but this time I wa utterly disappointed

The bathroom is a disaster, small shower with a curtain, resulting in water overflowing on the floor. Paint and ceiling peeling. There seems to be a water seepage as the wall paper on the other-side of the wall is stained. At the breakfast, certain items are not replenished.

The staff at the breakfast room were very efficient. The food was quite good especially the croissants (although some were cold).

Great location and room

Staff could of been more welcoming no hello or advise on were to go not great place for tourists.

Great room in really good location. Breakfast really nice staff at breakfast helpful.

Filthy hole

Everything ITS A DIRTY HORRIBLE EXCUSE FOR A HOTEL WITH RUDE STAFF....’ Remove from booking.com Straight away

The only thing I liked about the hotel was when we left 1day earlier than planned...

We had a lovely stay.

The room was a bit stuffy. A few more items like scrambled eggs or omelettes or bacon could be included in the breakfast.

The best is it's location, very near to the Roma Termini rail station!

Never again

Breakfast on the 7th floor with a view of the buildings, not clean as we aspected and I wanted a bathtub and they gave me a not working tub smelling horribly.

Dissapointing, only redeeming factor is that it is close to roma termini.

Hotel room was dirty, dusty and poorly maintained. We got upgraded to a suite but one room looked so terrifying and “haunted” that we only ended up using the master bedroom. The floor had deep scratch marks, and individual bedrooms could not be locked (although the main door which leads to both rooms could—albeit with some difficulty due to deep scratch marks on the floor) Sheets looked dirty, sink was clogged, and no hot water. If this is the condition of a suite, i would not dare to stay in a regular room.

Breakfast comes with stay and they have a decent spread.

Don’t go there I wouldn’t boom the hotel again.

The man from the reception was very grumpy when we checked in. My girlfriend found lots of hair on the bed linen. The bathroom was dirty and had not been cleaned properly. It was very loud in the room because the windows were old and there was lots of traffic on the street. The biggest problem clearly was the matrass. It was very old and didn’t provide any support. In the middle there was a small hill which speperated me from my partner. The heating was not working at all and there was no hot water to shower in the morning.

The Location close Ro the Central Station so quiet ok. Breakfast was ok to Italian standards.

Well located, good price vs quality

The bed was extremely unconfortable

Very well located with a nice terrace with view over the city. 10min wal from the hotel to the bus stop to got to the airport. Aproximately 1km to the Colosseum.

The proximity to the Termini railway station easy walk into...

No negatives you get what you pay for and I think the pricing was right

The proximity to the Termini railway station easy walk into the Tevi fountain and other popular sights. I also used the buses from the Termini and it was an easy return trip. I was given a twin room instead of a single. Overall I was happy with the Hotel

Ideal location for Termini station.

Not overly luxurious so don’t book if you’re looking for that. However for price and location I felt it was good vfm.

Ideal location for Termini station. I was staying overnight connecting between the Rome airports and travel links to both airports are within a 4 minute walk or so.

Great location. Clean hotel.

The elevator was small and there was a long wait.

I loved the location as it was very close to bus and train station. The restaurant down the street was amazing! The room was spacious and clean.

The location of this hotel was convenient - close to all...

The room I was placed, was on 1st floor - no sunlight nor view. Wi-Fi reception was terrible in the room. Air in the room a bit stuffy. Felt a bit cut off from the world. But since I did not plan to spend much time at the hotel, I did not change the room nor hotel for those 3 nights.

The location of this hotel was convenient - close to all places I planned to visit. Also - metro stations and Termini station, to travel further. Liked the roof restaurant. Bathroom was very nice.

Rome was lovely, we tried to make sure the hotel didn’t ruin our stay.

Room was dirty, bathroom had broken tiles, toilet didn’t flush, shower didn’t work. No towels in room and when we requested some we were given 1 by a very argumentative member of staff at the main desk. No iron or facilities to assist with this. We booked a double bed and were given pushed together twins that moved apart constantly. Breakfast catering was very basic and most crockery was chipped. I would not recommend this hotel and would say it needs its 4 star rating reviewed as I have seen other 4 star locations with better standards.

The waiter in the breakfast area was the only polite member of staff

Handy location - easy access to tourist attractions.

Handy location - easy access to tourist attractions. Like most tourists we were out and about all day and the room itself was sufficient for 3 of us to use. We noted earlier comments to use the inside part of the breakfast area to avoid the pigeons however the view from the rooftop was worthy of photos. Airport shuttle transfer took longer than planned which is always a pain after 20 hours of flying! We could have got the train to Rome Termini in hindsight however would only recommend this if arriving during the day which was not our situation.

Adequate and convenient

The shower was filthy with mould in the soap shelf and around the top of the shower screen and rails. The wifi was very weak and we continually use the Hotel Diana wifi two doors away. It was excellent.

The location and convenience to transport etc

Good location, daily servicing the room with qualified...

Good location, daily servicing the room with qualified person, good breakfast, good air conditioning system, nice people at the desk but with limited knowledge in concern the information for the tourist places, our room needs few repairs at the flooring, the extra daily taxes added to the main charges were higher than the value been stated in your offer. Our personal recommended to arrange a restaurant at the top flooring area.. But in general it was a good place to stay for that period ..

Disappointing - no way a 4* hotel

The toilet did not flush, the shower kept falling off the wall. The air con was terrible, we were on the second floor and with the window open it was very noisy outside. When we asked to be moved rooms the man at reception was quite rude. When we did eventually get moved the room was better but no way a 4* hotel. Its very dated and the bed covers had holes in them. There was dampness on the ceiling in the toilet as well.

Overall Good Hotel

Breakfast would be lovely on the rooftop if it wasn't for those pigeons...I'd suggest eating inside. Beds are a little uncomfortable since they are two twins placed together to form the double. While friendly enough, staff was not the most helpful with directions and suggestions.

Location is perfect, just 2 blocks from Roma Termini Train/Bus station. Some really good restaurants/bar/gift shops in the immediate area. We had three rooms and they were all of a good size and clean.

Comfortable, clean, value for money

The internet access. The televsion signal did not work. I had to ask for more towels and soap. The pigeons on the roof were some what of a nusiance, eating anything you left on the table.

The bed was slightly bigger than a single bed. The bathroom was adequate.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Very nice rooftop terrace

Wanted a shower in the afternoon but there seemed to be no hot water. I asked clarification in the reception and was told that around that time of the day it would take ca 15 mins to get hot water!

Very nice rooftop terrace

Please do not go!

1st room- safe box not working, toilet flush not working, free toiletteries= only soap, shower cap and shoe spongr, air condition loud and not cooling, wifi connection impossible, without light no electricity in the room, double bed=two single beds, that are usually used while camping- one firmer than the other and cap between them, bed sheets with houls, no new sheets during 4 night stay, no toilet door that can be locked or even closed, staff friendly til cool and non-english speaking, very poor breakfast with ants, no bottle of water, no warm breakfast- eggs or bacon, dirty dishes, 2nd room air condition working but the room was either sauna or fridge, no wifi either, beds same, but there was toilet with a door. We were afraid to leave our bags in that hotel. Staff is not willing to improve rooms, stay etc.

Excelente

Wifi conexión is really poor

Room was. Nice and clean view was awesome staff really friendly and helpful.. breakfast was complete and nice! Really good experience.. only one thing bad wifi is not working properly but not a big deal if you have phone plan. Thank you Torino hotel you got a 10 from me 🙂

Thumbs Down... NOT 4 stars!

Almost everything: room, bed, room safe not bolted down (I could walk out with it under my arm) dodgy breakfast. Oh, reception staff wee nice and room was clean. But honestly, pay more and stay somewhere else.

Shame on Booking.com for giving this place 4 stars...it was horrible. Pay more and stay some where else (enough said).

Why was there no parking?

The website clearly says parking on site, and I chose the hotel for this reason. Upon arrival, the staff was rather unhelpful and denied any claims that there is parking available. Only after pushing him, he begrudgingly admitted that there is parking around the corner, but not at all associated with the hotel. 35 Euros / night

The only reason to stay in this hotel is the terrace.

A great location

Breakfast is not good. Wifi is too bad. Even no tea or water is provided in room.

It's a great facility very close to main train station of Rome and hop on hop off busses and even restaurants and fun places. Staff is helping.

Um filme de terror no hotel Torino em Roma

O quarto estava muito sujo (chão, cama e casa de banho). O quarto e a casa de banho eram de minúscula dimensão. A casa de banho, para além de não ser limpa a agua não tinha qualquer pressão. Ao abrir a cama deparei-me com cabelos. Desloquei-me à recepção a reclamar e disseram que não podiam fazer nada, que não tinham livro de reclamações e se quiséssemos para irmos embora uma vez que já tínhamos pago e que não devolveriam o dinheiro. O pequeno almoço nem dá para descrever. Sem qualquer qualidade e, mais uma vez refiro, loiças a colar, chão todo porco e mesas com toalhas que tinham mais nódoas do que parte limpa. Comida que dava nojo comer. Era para ter ficado de 19/7 até 23/7, paguei esses dias e apenas fiquei uma noite. Tive que mudar de hotel pelas razões acima referidas. Como é possível este hotel ter 4 estrelas? Nem uma estrela deveria ter.

Não gostei de nada.

We booked a double room, however at the arrival which after...

We booked a double room, however at the arrival which after midnight and we were exhausted, we were given a single room/single occupancy room. A very creative receptionist tried to convince that this is "Italian" standards for double room ;) meaning you get single size bed, one pillow, one towel/bathroom set for two persons ;) Next day morning, we had to involve Booking.com staff to sort the situation. The room we stayed was NOT clean at all, very old and broken furniture, the bed was broken so we could not get a good sleep. In general, we would no go back there ourselves and wouldn't recommend it either.

Not a value for money.

Breakfast was same all the day and poor. Cleanliness was questionable, Internet connection was intermittent, Water was not complementary, etc..,

The Location of the property

Basic but comfortable

Its a little old and dated and some mould in shower but I've seen worse.

Great location near train station and we like walking to we walked to all main attractions. Breakfast was fine -yoghurts, cereal, fruit, pastries, cheese and cold meats

Perfect stay for Rome!!

No negatives :)

The hotel was very nice, a bit dated but we didn't go for 5 star luxury!! Staff great, hotel was clean, cool, air con was really needed!! Nothing was any trouble for the staff. Breakfast was good too, plenty of choice available (continental only)

Suitable for short stay

Well, we stayed just one night so it was ok, but in general it's mega simple room, hard to say it was comfortable, but was not horrible ether. We had empty boxes of bathroom kits in the bathroom. Air-conditioner is very old and nosy, so we kept it off.

Breakfast is quite simple, but the terrace is nice and personal is extremely friendly and helpful. The location is central, we walked to all nearby attractions within 10-15 min. Many nice restaurants nearby.

This hotel exceeded my expectations.

This hotel exceeded my expectations. I thought for such a low price we would be compromising on room, but the rooms were very large as well as the bathroom! Breakfast was even included, on the rooftop terrace.

Very close to termini station which is a plus.

Breakfast not to fancy, but nice view from the 7th floor porch. Air condition in the room not cool enough for the summer.

Very close to termini station which is a plus.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Close to the terminal, lots of amazing restaurants nearby...

The entire room is a bit small, so is the shower room. Wi-Fi connection is rather poor. Breakfast is included but limited choices are available. Although nothing happened, but it doesn't feel like it is safe to leave personal belongings in the room.

Close to the terminal, lots of amazing restaurants nearby (within a few minutes by walk). The staff is very friendly.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Poor Wifi signal, not kind staff in the evening but nice location

Wifi signal in the room was so poor, I have to work on the floor in front of room door. Also, I could not uploaf file which had to send to my boss in time. Night time staff was not kind,but daytime was good. Especially it took long time to have hot water to tale a shower:(

Only Location

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Best location for Rome if you want to see whole city by foot.

Room temperature was so cold and AC was not working manually. The other thing is one of the bed was broken and made so much loud.

Room was big enough to stay with family members.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Avoiding this hotel is recommended

Hotel staff not friendly and some of them are rude, no air condition, very poor breakfast, no one to take the luggage,poor amenities, bathroom door could not be closed,no check in before 2:00 pm although our plane arrived at 7:00 am and when we did, they gave us a dirty room which the last occupants have just left, so we demanded another room and they gave us one with no air-condition, and a broken bathroom door which couldn't be closed, we stayed 4 days and they only changed the towels and made up the bed, but they didn't clean the floor and the room.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

no more than three stars! Central, ok standard, nice personnel

Lack of hot water not only in my room, but later it worked again

Nice old hotel central an der close to Termini. There was no hot water at the time I wanted to use the shower, obviously everybody were in the showers then as it worked half an hour later. Nice personell, ok price-value, not high standard but everything worked Nice terrace for breakfast

Not recommended

The reception staff were grumpy and not very welcoming. The decor seems untouched for 40 years, the rooms small and the view was over the dumpster in a back street. Internet access was the worst - dropping out every 2 minutes and difficult to connect. The whole place needs a serious renovation and maybe replace the staff with people who want to work in a service industry

Very easi access to Termini station and the express train to the airport

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

Was okay for the cheap offer, but will not got there again

Not enough power sockets. Had to unplug the TV and fridge to charge my phone & laptop. WIFI not stable & slow. Only cold breakfast. Coffee was bad, but you can order cappuccino.

Location: close to the main train station. Friendly staff, good bed.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

Satisfactory

The rooms are very basic could have been a bit more fancy.

The breakfast was good, the location was very good very close to all the major attractions as well as the main train station. We arrived before the check in time and they let us keep the luggage in the cloak room so that was fine. The best part was that on checking out the guy at the desk gave us a discount of 30 euros off our bill !! MAde the day!

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

WiFi was erratic and slow, but this seems to be the norm in...

WiFi was erratic and slow, but this seems to be the norm in Italy - all other hotels so far had the same problem. This one stands out because it's four stars.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Spotlessly clean, good value

Man on night reception was very unfriendly, and actually pretty rude. I arrived very tired st midnight so it wasn't a great start. I couldn't eat much of the breakfast because I'm allergic to dairy, and virtually everything had dairy in it, and I don't eat meat. but that's not their fault!

Very good value and very clean. Very close to termini. Breakfast staff were very helpful.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

Never again

Room very small , if you got a shower , all room will be like lake , if you switch off light the stocket doesn't work , unbelievable. And for sure not 4 stars , not more than 2

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Ok if you go for low budget solution

Toilet was smelly and there was a leak in the toilet. Hotel is old and you can feel that in every step.

Employees were very kind and helpful. Roof terrace. Next to train station.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Very good all round.

Reception forgot to give back passports. At airport called hotel . They sent taxi to airport with passports. Cost 30 euros but the hotel did not offer to pay. Toilet would not flush . So had to leave cover off flush handle and fiddle with the flush handle.

Wide bed. Breakfast good as could ask for coffee from kitchen as well poached eggs.quiet room.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

A beautiful surprise !

The breakfast was the downfall here. Very sparse indeed. A toaster at least would be helpful. Just too sparse all round. That was the only thing I did not like . I would recommend this hotel to anyone, super value for money super location.

The staff were extremely polite and very nice. They were also most helpful. The room was quiet and quaint and I loved it. For a single it had a queen bed in it. super location ! Super value for money ! Loved it

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

Location was good but would not go again .

Definitely the staff is not good ... so rude and I was double charged by one of their staff members ... breakfast also isn't good .

Location is really good just 5 min walk from termini station and all city bus tours ( hop on hop off )

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

Torino Average Reviewer

Needs refurbishment. A lot of work as things get used.The beds are cots. Aircon is old. Smells like a car disinfectant tree. Old shower unit. Breakfast room serves warm water for tea and cheap coffee. Food was over sweet.

It has a lot of emenities that a hotel needs. Most look nice and work. Great location and could stay again as I want support.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

The staff behavior was very bad .

The staff behavior was very very bad. Internet very poor . The lobby had a computer problem. Using a computer in the lobby was not free .

only Location is good .

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Cozy

Small rooms.

Cozy

Location and staff were good

General condition bad. Beds broken and uncomfortable.

Location and staff were good

TERRIBLE

everything could be better. It was a four star hotel with price to match , but no better than a one star

Nothing to like

Rome

The checkout time

Good

Just the shower thing.

Just the shower thing...

Was expecting a little better

Not much need up grading

Was expecting a little better Stranded . Good for one night The night staff was very helpful lovely man .

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Great value for money. Close to train station. Friendly people. I would stay here again

Great location.. Love the rooftop breakfast area. Professional and friendly staff.

Towels too old , shower not good

Friendly staff, good breakfast, central location, basic but clean facilities.

Aircon and hot water didn’t work on last day. Shower is too small and doesn’t drain properly.

Centrally located, clean basic facilities.

My stay was good