Reviews of Hotel Tourist 3 stars

#151 of 158 hotels in Naples

6.2

5.7

great value for money

The room was very clean but maybe a fresh repaint on wall could help the feeling :-)

Reception staff extremely helpful and the location: right in front of Naples Central Station

Staff was welcoming
    • Double/Twin Room

-The climatisation didn't work -The window couldn't be 100%closed - The sink was broken - Holes in bed sheets - the shower was too old to be clean - The shower door hit the bathroom door while opening, so both were damaged and that produced noise each time we took a shower

Staff was welcoming

Great location, close to train station.
    • Quadruple Room

The kids beds weren't very good, they would probably be alright for small kids but I've got teenagers.

We were a family of 4 in a family room & the kids beds weren't great. The hotel was very nice though & the restaurants in the same road were fabulous. The hotel was only a short walk from the train station so we just stayed one night & went to Sorrento early the next morning.

One night stay
    • Double/Twin Room

The hotel was obviously no renovated since a long time. The room looks untidy and the bathroom dirty and with mold

The hotel is conveniently located near the railway station, from where the bus to the airport is going.

Lucky it was cheap I guess.
    • Double/Twin Room

Rooms were very run down, the "double bed" was 2 singles pushed together, but they were different sizes/heights so it was very uncomfortable.

It's location was on top of the train station which is...
    • Double/Twin Room

The bathroom was tiny and the shower head kept falling off.

It's location was on top of the train station which is why we booked there. The bed was comfortable

Fab

Nothing really - clean great staff and will go back

Great location and you probably will not die on piazza Garibaldi unlike the reviews suggest. Great places to eat in the square and surrounding streets an 10 minutes from Spaccanapilu and v close to the station. You want more than this?

Enjoyed Naples. My stay at Tourist Hotel very disappointing.

As stated in their advertising "Air Conditioned" room I didn't have it.

When I arrived at the hotel the temperature was approximately 26°C. When I arrived to my room I noticed that there was no air control remote in my room. I ask at the reception for the controls and was refused point blank. This had been the 3rd time I have stayed at this hotel and was highly satisfied on previous occasions. It actually states "air conditioning" room. I had no means of turning my air conditioning on. Also my fridge did not work. When I spoke to the lady at the reception she was rude and abrupt and didn't really care. This visit I got the impression that I was a disturbing them.

There was nothing to like about anything here, worst...

Nothing was good at this hotel, this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed. Better would have been if O would had stayed in Tent. How such a worst hotel can be listed in Booking I will think twice before doing next booking with Booking.com ☹️

There was nothing to like about anything here, worst property 😡😡

Good to stay if you want to take the train after the airport
    • Double/Twin Room

Very small room and a bit noisy in the night.

The hotel is close of the train station so its very pratical especially when you came from the airport with the bus cause it stop at the train station so its easy to be oriented. The price is good.

In desperate need of a renovation
    • Double/Twin Room

The host seemed slightly stressed out and was a bit rude. The walls were super thin and you could hear the neighbours snoring (like they were sleeping besides you). The bathroom was super dated and could really do with a renovation. The desk was splintered at the bottom, i think the fridge water was slowly rotting it away. Tiny rooms.

Value for money clean and tidy and friendly staff.

Location was excellent for public transport, resturants, shopping. This was my 2nd visit to the hotel and found it very value for money and very clean. Nothing was a trouble to the staff. It is a lively area so expect noise at night, however this wasn't a problem for me...

The receptionists don't care how you feel in the roomwhenever we tell them what is not working well
    • Double/Twin Room

I didn't like their non chalante, fraudling and cony way this hotel is been run, is a shame keeping family with kid of 3 years without the room being hitted (warmed) from 7am in the morning to 7pm on the 28 of December. We book for 6 nights from 27 December to 03 of January 2018, for the price of 460€ but when we arrive yhe made us pay 490€, (booked 3 months ahead) a double room and we specify that our kid should have her bed, and we asked for 1 double bed for us, (cos we're use to lodging that way in hotels when on vacation), first they gave us room with 2 single beds put together, no bed for our kid, no place to put our bags, because the room is normally a single room, we went downstairs to ask for the room to be change, (no elevator for first floor with all ours bags) they did change the room but this particular room have not been hitted for some time, it was in winter and raining too but the only thing they told us was that the hitter starts automatic by 7pm. Next day we were fade up and demand remboursement for the remaining days. They refuse, the bathroom looks very old, the frames on the walls in the rooms are broken. So we ought to check out on the 3rd by 11am but our transport is 10pm we negociated to have more hours we were ask to pay 85€ extra just for few hours, but meanwhile we check online before i see that the particular room they gave was at 45€, we show them they now accepted, our last day the room was not cleam but someone came in while we were out for launch to off the hitter and took away the remote control for tge heating without telling us, we ask them they said they know nothing about that. But when going they didn't ask us about the remote meaning that they deliberately took it away. In a nutshell it was a horrible one week. The bed you feel all the springs, as i write 3 of us are still having back ache and body pains as a result of the springs on the 2 single beds put together.

The location alone is what i like

in totally it was good for us

not include breakfast

the location was very good and close to main train station. the room was clean and quiet. especially the hotel was very close to station of buses. but the room was a little cold.

It’s absolutely does not worth the money

They got no heater, no breakfast. When I complained about the heater specially now that the weather is getting colder. They said that they cannot do anything about it. I mean I paid around 130 euros for 3 days, they did not even have breakfast neither heater.

To loud inside and outside.

My neighbour from room 119 was talking by phone very loudly till midnight, and I couldn't sleep. I complained to reception, but it was the same next evening.

The Hotel located in good place- close to railroad station, and have a lot of restaurants around.

Won't recommend, won't stay again.
    • Double/Twin Room

No Toiletries No kettle for tea or coffee Not even water bottle No lift had to carry bag upstairs myself No kitchen or room service to go. Very noisy can't get good sleep.

A no
    • Double/Twin Room

The place is durty, noisy and so not for family. I expect a normal hotel, like I am used to get from Booking, but it looked like a place man takes prostitutes to spend an hour. We slept there only because we were really tired and we need to get a train to go home early in morning, and we didnt shower before we left cause the bathroom was disgusting!

Avoid to stay in this hotel
    • Double/Twin Room

Very small shower and dirty, very bad smell from bathroom Staff not helpful at all, not even a greetings when we got there, when we got there there was a woman at reception called " Gaetana" she look at us with an angry face as we are asking for favor, I never had such a bad service in any hotel I stayed. Not a place to stay, there are lots of other hotel around the Piazza Garibaldi

Location is good right next to metro and train station

Not worth for the money
    • Double/Twin Room

Very dated hotel. Bathroom wasnt great tiles are very old. Staines on bed cover put me off just when I walk in to the room. I'm glad it was just for one night

We stayed just for a night to catch an early flight to London so very good location, close to train station and historical centre

hopeless

Did not like anything. Room was on first floor with more than 30 steps and the Lift will not stop at first floor.

nothing , absolutely nothing. Such properties should not be on the list of booking.com or other such services.

Simple, cheap and very clean.

There was nothing to dislike.

My room was cleaned every day with clean towels and bedding. The location was excellent. The area was adjacent to cafes and restaurants. It was a little noisy, however I did expect this as it is a busy area. I would recommend this hotel. The staff were obliging if you needed help. I would book this hotel again no hesitation.

Excellent price-quality ratio
    • Double/Twin Room

Bathroom was not in good condition and very small, no hand shower either.

A nice hotel, classy for 3 stars. Good air conditioning, fine bed and wifi. Staff spoke English well and was helpful and professional. Central location just next to railway station, easy to walk anywhere.

Never again
    • Double/Twin Room

Never again. Terrible hotel. Dirty and noisy neighbourhood, very small shower and it didn´t flow, fridge didn´t work, very uncomfortable bed, the door to the toilet could´t close, a lot of noise inside the hotel.

Close to central station

Pass it out if you can afford a more expensive place.
    • Double/Twin Room

The room smelled awful(it smelled like sewer) and I had to buy an air freshener. The bathroom was in a miserable condition. Our room door didn't close properly, it was a gap between the door frame and the door. You have to go through a patio and the back of a restaurant to access the elevator to your floor. Once at the floor, the entrance door that communicates to the rooms is locked (which is good), but we didn't have keys for it, so we had to go back to the counter and tell the person to buzz us in.

It was near the station although is a bad neighborhood is very convenient. It has access to all types of transportation.

Basic, good for just sleeping and as a basis for visits to Pompeii, Amalfi etc
    • Double/Twin Room

It is very basic. The area is supposed to be less safe but we had no problems whatsoever (2 guys). I heard tons of stories about the safety in Napels before going there, I think all were exaggerated. You should probably be cautious but the city seemed like any other. The train and metro are very close by and for us this was the most useful as we used the hotel as a basis to see sites outside Napels.

Nice hotel
    • Double/Twin Room

Twin bed was made of two beds in our room, and while I was sleeping, I fell between them

Location a few steps from metro station and railway station-easy to go to vesuvio by train in early morning. About 30 min from Porto and old city but that was not a big problem

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

The right name of this hotel is "ROBBED tourist HOTEL"
    • Double/Twin Room

The right name of this hotel is "ROBBED tourist HOTEL" We came to the hotel before check in at 11.00 A.m and they suggested to us to leave our baggage at the hotel. When we came back we found out that one bag had been stolen. The reception guy even didn't try to help us to resolve that problem. I realy don't advise this hotel but if you go there don't leave you baggage at reception

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

perfect location

easily can hear the noise from the other room especially when they using bathroom/toilette or talking or watching TV/News. Referigerator is only for the purpose of display :-)

perfect location, good internet connection, friendly and helpful staff, room service did her job well from cleaning, fixing and changing lines, towels, etc... big room and bathroom

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Very Average.

Internet was weak in room. Some wall plugs didn't work. TV wasn't working. "Bed & Breakfast" doesn't mean you get breakfast here.

Beds were comfortable and bathrooms were efficient.

The worse hotel

Bad breakfast, not clean and bad staff

Good

The staff was help full

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Great location!

Great location!

Great value for the location...but you won’t sleep more than 4 hours on hard mattress
    • Double/Twin Room

The bed - very hard. I asked for the mattress to changed to no avail

The bed was awful. Staff and location were excellent

The hotel was clean, all staff was polite, had a really...

The hotel was clean, all staff was polite, had a really pleasant stay. 24 hour reception, room was air conditioned it was very good!!!

Never very bad experience in this hotel

Never very bad experience in this hotel

Ok for a night or 2 but not 7nights

Noise

AC

Very good, but not actually 3-star hotel

Lil bit destroying appartaments

Hotel locatio at all

great for an overnight trip!
    • Double/Twin Room

the shower was too small

the location was near the train station and cafés.

Good location, bad staff.

Rude staff. The front desk man just was screaming at me for something as soon as I walked in. It was a bad start.

Good location.

Clean and nice location.

Clean and nice location.

Great location, clean and calm room.

Great location, clean and calm room. For short trip is enaugh.Friendly personal!!! just good

Did not legal like the bed and the heating System

Did not legal like the bed and the heating System

Good location and value for money. Can get noisy at night and facilities could be compromised.
    • Double/Twin Room

The shower head was broken and did not function well.

Good breakfast options around and the public transport is at the doorstep.

Great value for a Nice clean hotel.

Not too many restaurants around.

Location was great. Down the street from Centrale station.

close to train station

cleanness

close to train station

Centralized Location

It is an older property and can be a little noisy.

Super close to the train station, metro, and the bus that takes you directly to the airport.

a bit old but nice and clean

a bit old but nice and clean

price

Noisy barking dog, not such a good area

price

Not recommended if with kids
    • Double/Twin Room

As it is near to the main restaurants on the street it's very noisy throughout the night

Bad place

Cleaness

Centre of city

Nothing !

Nothing !

Great location next to the train station.

Nothing special, but still nice for a short stay.

Great location next to the train station. Friendly staff and clean hotel.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Location is ok. But a tired decor.

Tired.

Location to the stazione centrale

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Excelent staff

Excelent staff

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

Great location for the money.

No elevator, small room.

The location!

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Never again

Rooms were dirty, far to city center, staff were unhelpful

• Reviewed: 11 May 2016

It's cheap, very easy to found it and on a good location...

It's close to the train station and a big square so it's on a quite noisy part of the city. It wouldn't be a problem if the windows would be better but because they don't I was waked up multiple times at night by road traffic noises.

It's cheap, very easy to found it and on a good location if you want just travel through the city and you need somewhere to sleep. Both the room, the bathroom and the hotel was clean and ok.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2016

Napoli is a bit different to most of Italy.

The room was run down, old and was clean I think...just didn't appear that clean. Our door locked but there was still quite a big gap (1cm) where anyone could look through. Didn't feel that safe in our room so put the drawers in front of it.

Napoli is a bit different to most of Italy. I wouldn't say it is unsafe but it's very busy there is graffiti, people and vehicles everywhere!! It takes a bit to get used to so for a first timer here I've gotta say the location of this hotel is perfect. Very close to the train/bus station and super easy to find. Staff are really friendly too.

• Reviewed: 26 March 2016

the location next to the train station.

No elevator and Problems with the hot water (i´m still carring the a cold that I got for that). besides of that The personal had a bad day with me in particular (a bad day has everyone not her fault or even intentional). charged me twice by mistake for mistaken me with another reservation that credit card did not worked. Once that solved gave me another room for 1 person. and needed to correct it. Nontheless besides of that bad day of the person was very helpfull and kind, its a good place to recomend it.

the location next to the train station. near of everything. and the restorant that has in the corner was great and not expensive too.

• Reviewed: 26 March 2016

Location, and price.

My window opened in the cafeteria, and it smelled like fried. The toilet smelled as well. The bed was not the best and the pillow was made out of foam. If you are there for one night, and night only, it's okay.

Location, and price.

• Reviewed: 20 March 2016

Well located budget hotel, an adequate room with a good...

A kettle to make a hot drink would have been good as the hotel has no food facilities at all they couldn't provide hot water for tea.

Well located budget hotel, an adequate room with a good shower and heating.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2016

( Pizza I had that evening was good ) but having 3 nights...

The staff had no interest in assisting with local information I was left standing at the counter while the staff member seemed to be finishing a conversation with a friend (laughing away) I was left to find park for my motorbike on my own after I mentioned I felt €15 a night was a bit expensive for motorbike.

( Pizza I had that evening was good ) but having 3 nights booked, I left after the 1st heading for the beautiful Amalfi coast!!

• Reviewed: 14 February 2016

Price and location.

The room had a window but it opened to the closed restraunt so it let no natural light in. The room was just a nice cave so not that nice really.

Price and location.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2016

The host, Christian, was wonderful.

No view of the sea, but just a short walk away.

The host, Christian, was wonderful. He was helpful and friendly in every regard, even insisting on helping us with our buses and trains back to Rome. The hotel is right in the village Piazza. Amalfi is also one of the most pleasant and beautiful places I have ever been. Great food, as well

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

there is too old and property is not suitable.

there is too old and property is not suitable.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2016

The matras is getting expired

• Reviewed: 4 May 2016

Perfect location.

small beds

Perfect location. Hotel is very good according to this price. Rooms are clear.

• Reviewed: 27 February 2016

Very good position, friendly and helpful staff, wi-fi in the...

Very good position, friendly and helpful staff, wi-fi in the room. Best for this price.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2016

The place just in front of a central station.

No hot water. Small room.bad isolation i heard all neighbourg in the morning

The place just in front of a central station.the kidness of the personal

• Reviewed: 9 December 2015

Facilities.

The place is dangerous.

Facilities. the employees very attention.

There are also 29 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hotel Tourist traveller photo gallery