Reviews of Hotel Unicorno 3 stars

Via dei Fossi 27, Santa Maria Novella, 50123 Florence, Italy

#167 of 384 hotels in Florence

Super Hotel
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

We stepped into the hotel and felt the Unicorno's magic: first, we got some small discount while paying, then our room type was upgraded for free. We were given a map with explanations where to go around Florence and how to get there. The room was excellent: it was modern and clean, with comfortable bed, air conditioner, a lot of space and shelves to store clothes and other things, also with stylish bathroom. The breakfast was good and fresh. Hotel is in the city center, close to the railway station, but we couldn't hear any noise at all! It is obvious - I will suggest this hotel to my friends and when we come back to Florence we will stay here again ! Thank you for making this part of our honeymoon even better!

This hotel is not far from the station and close to the centre of Florence.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

There were 12 steps before getting to elevator and we had heavy suitcases. Reception helped with carrying up but not when we were leaving. This was stressful, perhaps not so stressful if you are very young.

Large modern bathroom, good sized bed and very comfortable.

Great location in the heart of Florence, new rooms are a must.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

No kettle in the room. The shower flooded in our first room and wouldn’t drain, so we decided to upgrade to a new modern room at our own cost.

Upgrading the new rooms is a must, they are fantastic.

Good, but would have expected more for the money.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The door of our room looked like the lock had been meddled with, as if someone had tried to break it up. The lighting in the bathroom was so low that it was impossible to get a decent makeup done. Breakfast was so-so... in a small room without daylight, little choice of cheeses and salami... no fresh vegetables.

The staff was helpful and prepared extra take away breakfast for us since we took the early train on our departure day. The room was in a quiet part of the building, the bed was comfortable and we got a good rest.

Location, staff, newly renovated room and breakfast all lovely! Location particularly good!
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

We stayed in 2 different rooms during our stay due to booking last minute. The first room was renovated and very modern. It still had the charming shutters and lovely view, it was very comfortable.

The hotel is located near the main touristic spots still far...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The choice for breakfast is kind of poor (scrambled eggs, frankfurter, ham). I know "italian" breakfast is just an espresso and a croissant, but this could have been improved. The price of parking is really high (€26/day), might worth considering a pricier hotel with parking included if you come by car.

The hotel is located near the main touristic spots still far from the crowd. The furniture is modern and comfy, I especially liked the bathroom. The staff was always kind and helpful. All in all, a great place to stay in Florence.

Great hotel in an excellent location
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was basic. Suggest visiting the cafe next door for a tastier breakfast.

Fantastic location within walking distance to all the major Florence sights. Helpful and friendly staff with comfortable bedrooms. Fantastic restaurants within walking distance.

Accommodating staff and a great location!
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

There really wasn't anything we complained about - all in all a highly recommendable hotel

Hotel staff were very accomodating and booked a restaurant for us on our second night. Very much on hand with suggestions for things to do as well. The room was spacious, comfortable and most importantly, easy to moderate the temperature. The breakfast was decent and the hotel itself is situated about a 5 minute walk from the heart of Florence so we were never too far from it!

The proximity to the station was handy and most of the sights were within walking distance.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Stairs from the ground floor to the first floor where the lift was located made taking cases to our room difficult. Some of the reception staff did not understand English very well.

Mini bar fridge kept our drinks cold. Small supermarket across the road was convenient.

A nice comfortable hotel
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Parking in a garage nearby. They take your car and drive somewhere else because there is not enough place. You must wait 30 minutes until they bring your car back

Perfect location in the city center, all you need is near by...

A great choice to stay in Firenze
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Nice Hotel idealy situated 10min walk away from the dome Quiet but close to everything ( the Santa Maria train station isn't far away) You can leave your car at the Garage Centrale, just 50m from the hotel ( you have to pay~28E a day)

I won't recommend this hotel 不推薦
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

I guess there are some rooms are renovated but the room we stayed was old. the facility is poor, drainage is not going well. we had to shower on a pound of water. Not value for money.

location is good

Central, Clean and Cozy
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Ask for inner courtyard room to avoid street noise Don't expect an amazing breakfast. But there is a lovely caffeteria across the street for fantastic morning coffee.

Perfectly located in walking distance to the main train station, Santa Mario Novella and the city center, clean, super friendly staff. Good value for money

Visit Florence from the center
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The hotel structure and especially the rooms and the bathrooms would need a little refresh. The breakfast is pretty ordinary and nothing special. Probably due to High season, the price was unreasonable for such a structure. Still one of the lowest available. Please consider Florence is a very expensive city, but still worth more than just a visit.

Hotel position is very good if you travel by train, being very close to the station and in the right directions to reach the main attractions of the city. Room was big and the bed pretty comfortable. Staff has been kind and helpful.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Excellent value for money and excellent location!!
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The property is conveniently located within 5 minute walk from the train station. The stuff was extremely helpful when it came to directions and any additional help needed. I would definitely recommend this hotel for the value of money and the excellent location. I would love one day to go back.

Close to public transport
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

No aircon during our stay which was not mention on the main page but under the other information page. We couldnt not sleep from the heat and could not use the windows as it was noisy even at 4am in the morning.

Close to public transport

This hotel is a short walk from the train station.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

This hotel is a short walk from the train station. I thought it was when we booked but decided to take a taxi as we were tired. Ten euros later and a considerable drive, we were at the hotel. Later when we went out for a walk we could have used the wide pedestrian n way around the big church, Santa Maria Novella, like the station name and we could have walked to our hotel...taxi drivers ... gotta love them.. Anyway, yes you can walk to this hotel. Seven minutes or so even towing luggage. Staff were very nice and helpful. Room was very nice and beds wonderful...

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Had a good time!
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Staff member at the time of check in was very nice but the person at time of check out was not polite.

Good spacious clean room and bathroom. Nice location, near to station and other attractions.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Perfect Sunset in Florence!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The hotel must keep a electric kettle in the room it would be a great improvement.

We stayed at Hotel for 1 night only and it was an excellent place. Very neat hotel room great breakfast and very ideally located near the Florence train station Firenze SMN within walking distance. There is also a great Halal Restaurant nearby street. 5 minutes walking distance to Duomo and other attractions, you can reach the Ponte Vecchio famous bridge within 5 minutes of the walk also which is in other direction. If you continue further on foot you can reach the viewpoint Piazzale Michelangelo which is a must for Sunset in Florence. It will take you about 20-30 minutes walk or you can take a bus right outside the hotel. The staff of the Hotel is extremely friendly and will guide you for all attractions, places to visit etc.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Room was spacious as well as bathroom

Wifi in room was average Staff on phone a lot and had to wait Double bed was 2 singles squished together Hair dryer was average Breakfast was average

Room was spacious as well as bathroom Great location and easy to find

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Stay in Florence
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Due to the one way streets and access limits, very difficult to reach by car. Parking only in nearby parking garages against pretty steep prices. Around 30 Eur/24hr. Stop at front door, even for unloading, not possible.

Breakfast standard choices. Location good and within walking distance of most attractions.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

The best stay in my life! Casa de Pazzi! :)
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

I really haven't found anything to dislike about this hotel!

Dear Traveler, I strongly recommend this location! The hotel its an old building, aprox 4 to 500 year old, in the Pazzi controlled area, via Fossi. The location its perfect, since you will not need any bus to go downtown, and if you come from the airport the bus station of the shuttle its in walking distance, at Santa Maria Novella train station. The staff its very very helpful, nice and always giving to help. I would like to thank Elena for most beautiful stay in my life! I am still impressed about the hospitality she showed to me and my fiance! The rooms are very nicely decorated. The quality of sleep its extremely good: good matress, quality pillows, nice amneties, flat TV in the room, tablet to controll the climate, DND, etc. Even if the street its circulated, you will not hear the noise, due to the good soundproof window. Internet works like a charm, all over the building! Breakfast offered in the hotel its good, and the gentlemen and the lady there are very nice. The room was spotless and every day they cleaned the room and it looked like we just checked in! I would recommend this hotel to all the people reading this review, my friends and family! Personally, I will come back, as I promised to Elena! Elena, Fidele, Grazie! I hope to see you as soon as possible! Forget about these fancy chain hotels, go to Unicorno and feel the tuscan spirit and hospitality!

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

THE PROXIMITY OF THE HOTEL,TO SANTA MARIA NOVELLA,THE...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

BATH ROOM WAS QUITE DARK &I HAD A DIFFICULTY TO SHAVE IN THE MORNING.

THE PROXIMITY OF THE HOTEL,TO SANTA MARIA NOVELLA,THE CENTRAL TRAIN STATION.

Good Value for Money
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

- Brakfast was ok; but it can be improved with tomatoes :) - Wi-fi connection was good in lobby area; but it was very poor in our room.

- Location close to everything by walk. - Very good room insulation, never heard any street noise when the windows are closed. - Authentic room decoration and our room 102 was spacious.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

I was put in an old room.

I was put in an old room....which was okay but was not what I was expecting. The photo on the booking.com site showed rooms with better, more modern interiors.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Great, simple hotel in Florence.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

We had some heavy bags with us, and you need to climb a flight of stairs to reach the elevator. Our particular room also necessitated climbing stair between the elevator and our room. Staff helped us a bit, but a lot was left to us.

VERY helpful staff. The man who checked us in spent time going over a map of the city, as well as our itinerary. The room was very clean, and had a cool, modern feel to it. Shower was great, too.

• Reviewed: 19 November 2016

Affordable, nice, and clean hotel!
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The pillows were not so great

Super nice & helpful receptionist, gave us some references on where and what to discover in Florence. Location is quite central, walking distance from SMN train station.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Great location for a stay in the heart of Florence
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Toilet seat is narrow, so hard to get used to.

Location and staff. We got up late the first day and were too late for breakfast. The man in charge Quinto was very kind and extended the time we needed to get some breakfast. Love him.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

Family with 2 young kids.
    • Quadruple Room

Locatio was great. Walking distance to all sights and the train station. Very modern finishes and furniture in the room (3rd floor seemed newer than other floors).

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Excellent location, staff super nice with excellent...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The only thing we did not like, it was the mattress our bed, they have spring mattresses, you lay down after a long day of walking and you can feel the springs on your back, super uncomfortable, fortunately we had more beds in our room and I changed the mattress from one bed to the other, not the best but at least no springs. I am a very easy going traveller, but a good bed to sleep on is the minimum I expect.

Excellent location, staff super nice with excellent recommendations to where to eat, clean, big room, overall very good hotel.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Handy
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The furniture of the room was a little outworn and the floor of the room I stayed was dirty.

The location is very good (easy walk from SMN), the staff is very receptive, there's breakfast, and the reception is 24 hours.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

I had one of the updated, modern rooms.

It was a surprise to see the difference in room quality between my updated, modern one compared to my Aunt's older room. It would be good to see all rooms updated and matching so there are no surprises on check in.

I had one of the updated, modern rooms. Very comfortable. Very glad to have A/C but even more thrilled they had a tabletop fan in the room too! Breakfast was very nice, enjoyed my first Italian-style breakfast but they had a nice selection for everyone's taste. The staff helped me with my bags to the elevator and were very helpful with walking instructions to the train station the next morning when I checked out. My aunt stayed in one of the older rooms a week later which I saw upon returning to Florence to meet her. The newer, updated rooms are significantly much better! The staff was very accommodating on her check out day by letting us leave our luggage in her room until noon so we could make a quick visit to the Galleria dell' Accademia before our train trip to San Gimignano.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

Absolutely good value for money.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The breakfast room features, but it's not a big problem.

Very nice staff, new modern room and bath, comfortable beds, great location. Absolutely good value for money. Parking is very close to the hotel. We recommend!

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

Don't look any further for a great stay!
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Only a wider variety of fruit at breakfast was missing

Excellent location, staff helpful and friendly and interested in how your day went. The first and second floors have 'convential' rooms decorated tastefully in 'renaissance' style whereas the top floor has modern minimalistic design but very much functional rooms. Everything is clean and neat, free toiletries are topped up daily. Breakfast is varied, tasty and plentiful (only fruit choice could be greater), the coffee machine produces a number of excellent drink options. Check in and out times very reasonable and convenient.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Great place to stay in Florence.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Nothing really that would matter.

Although in need of a bit of a refurbishment this hotel had everything you would need and everything was in good working order. The staff were very friendly and helpful and it was very, very clean.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

good hotel, good location
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

We booked a room in Unicorn hotel; however they gave us a room in another building in front of the hotel. One floor of a building in front of the hotel is part of this hotel !!! WiFi was not working properly while we were there.

The location of the hotel is fab, staffs are friendly, breakfast is good for the value we paid,

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

Close to the Action, clean & freindly.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The central location is terrific. It's not a 5 star hotel & neither is it meant to be. It is clean, confortable, freindly and close to all the action. Really enjoyed our stay.

• Reviewed: 16 July 2016

Enjoyable stay in Hotel Unicorno

Breakfast missing fresh fruit/vegetables

The hotel is in a central location, 1 minute from the river and 10 minutes on foot to the Duomo. The first room we got (Classic room on the 2nd floor) was facing the street and we couldn't sleep till 5 AM as apparently hanging out in the street and shouting all night long is a local hobby, in the morning we talked to the staff and requested to change rooms and they moved us to a Superior room (3rd floor) not facing the street, which was much quieter and we really appreciate it. Breakfast was good, had cold cuts and cheese, breads, jams, hot/cold drinks, yogurt and cereal but was lacking fresh fruits/vegetables

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The lift was broken so walking up 3 flights of stairs when you been walking all day was a pain

Good breakfast good location

good choice for a short stay in the historic centre of Florence

Average breakfast

Comfortable room, great location,

It was good

Everything in the room was old, renovation is required

Location is perfect

The most city center . Good access to main sightseeings and transport connection .
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

No good wi fi connection

Friendly personal

Close to the train station.

No problems

Close to the train station. A nice room, everything was very good.

The Unicorno is central to all the sites I love.

The Unicorno is an easy walk from the Duomo, the Uffizi, the river and all the bridges, the Boboli Gardens and the bus and train stations.

Good reasonable accommodation excellent location

Bit cramped

Great location. Friendly helpful staff

Reseption is very nice to answer my questions and showed right and valuable information.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Bathroom should be modified.

Need to prepurchase tickets to see David & church. Lines a mile long!

Small lift

Host very friendly and helpful.

Great Florentine hotel

We have stayed here several times - Great location - Perfect for us

The hotel's location.
    • Quadruple Room

No free bottled water per day.

The hotel's location.

Good value

The shower

Location and cleaness. Quite comfortable

Excellent location, reasonably priced
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Not easy to move around with kids as you need to climb stairs

The staff. we travelled with a 1 yo and they were always helpful.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Had to hand-in key everytime you left the hotel.

Nice place to stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The room was a bit small.

The hotel staff were very friendly. The room was modern and clean.

Lovely hotel, great location
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Staff most helpful and courteous

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Enjoyed our stay at Hotel Unicorno and would certainly return there.

All good.

Excellent location. Suggest we eat at Centopoveri which was amazing. We went there everyday.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Needs makeover

Needs a makeover

Wifi

You must see Firenze!
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The wifi is not perfect in the room.

The location and the staff are excellent!

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

If you want to enjoy Florence Unicorno gives you a perfect foundation
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

We liked everything about Hotel Unicorno.

Personal service was excellent, accommodation very comfortable and brilliant location close to everything.

friendly owner, great choice of breakfast

we stayed in 4-bed studio, the space is tight

helpful staff, actually owner. Friendly team there and breakfast is amazing at this room cost

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Italian week
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Hotel service is very nice and helpful. Room was comfortable and always cleaned up. It was very close to everywhere.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

Great value
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Friendly and helpful staff. Great breakfast. Well located to train station. Very good value.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Staff very friendly and helpful.

Decor was dated

Staff very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Good Value hotel in Florence
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Small Lift, but it was fine.

Big Rooms, Good Price.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

Excellent Hotel
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The best choice for vacation!!! Everything was fine. Great, great, great!

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Great location! Great staff!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The TV wasn't working well and we didn't bring our computer

Breakfast, great location right near train station

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

Simply Great
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

A very well kept hotel.Great location.Definatly my choice for the next Firenze holiday

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

fantastic rooms on 3rd floor

fantastic rooms on 3rd floor

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

perfect location
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

you need to climb a flight of stairs ( with suitcases ) to get to the lift

The location was perfect . The breakfast staff were charming and helpful

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Location was great.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

A lift for our baggage up to our rooms. Some floors not serviced.

Location was great.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Location is rather good.

Breakfast, especially coffee

Location is rather good. Close to railway and bus stations. Also very near to the historic places.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Unicorno in Firenze is the best hotel.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

We liked everything. Friendly staff. Clean hotel. Good location. Excellent breakfast.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

Friendly staff
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

It was really noisy at night due to hotel location. Also we stayed in the room by the kitchen, so it was really loud from 6am on.

Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

Location was brilliant
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Our room (109) was directly above the kitchen so it was very load in the morning.

Location was brilliant

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

Short stay in Florence
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Great location and friendly staff

Browse Hotel Unicorno traveller photo gallery