Reviews of Grande Albergo Ausonia & Hungaria Wellness & SPA 4 stars

Viale Santa Maria Elisabetta 28, 30126 Venice-Lido, Italy

#4 of 35 hotels in Venice-Lido

Vintage elegance

Pool: 20Euros/person/day ! Go to the beach instead. You can rent chairs and a sun umbrella for alot less and the water might even be warmer.

It will surely be better once the renovations sre finished. Excellent breakfast buffet.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Great stay marred by hidden costs.
    • Small Double Room

To be asked to pay an additional $10 euros, as a guest already paying a considerable amount, to use the swimming pool was extremely disappointing and not made clear when booking this hotel. Most good hotels do not make such a charge. In fact the best hotels also wouldn't charge for use of their sauna/spa as this one does. It left me feeling the management are determined to extract as much cash from their guests as possible. It is a real mistake to add this hidden cost (especially for the pool) as I would not return or recommend this hotel unless this policy changes.

Fine service. Good breakfast. Pleasant setting. Historic ambience. Helpful and extremely friendly staff at reception.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Breakfast was nice, the spa was good and staff friendly.

We had 3 rooms booked and the air conditioning in one room was not working well at all. We complained a number of times and someone would come , check it and then say it was fine ! Very uncomfortable stay for 1 family with no recompensation !

Breakfast was nice, the spa was good and staff friendly. Located on Lido with a number of restaurant options nearby. Enjoyed eating locally better than on the mainland Venice. The staff managed to help us last minute to find a water taxi to the cruise terminal.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Lovely old time charm
    • Small Double Room

Staff was not well informed about the spa which is located in the hotel. They did not know how long the saunas were open and how much it cost to go to the spa. Also generally access to the spa/saunas is included in room price and only treatments cost extra so we we're slightly disappointed that we as hotel guests should have paid to get access to the spa.

The hotel has a great old time grand hotel charm and the staff at check-in was great. We got our room 3 hours early and could leave everything in the room before exploring Venice. Breakfast buffet is amazing, one of the best we had in Italy during our two week trip, and definitely worth the 7€. The hotel is located at the island Lido, which is ca 15minutes boat ride away from St. Mark's square. If you arrive by car you can park at Tronchetto and take the ferry to Lido from there or take your car to Lido with the ferry. The cost depends on how long you stay since parking at the hotel would be free. We only stayed one night so it was cheaper to leave the car at Tronchetto parking.

To pay for using the pool
    • Small Double Room

Asking €20/ person for using the pool is outrages. The aircon was certainly not grown up to the temperatures this summer.

All the staff has been very helpful by dealing with the various issues/ requests. From the outside the hotel is looking fabulous.

Great location, superb exterior. Looking to materially extend hotel in next 12 months

Outside swimming pool costs €20 pppd Our bedroom on 3rd floor (321) smelt really damp

Outside bar looked great and excellent bar staff. Welcome new addition of outside pool.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Absolutely gorgeous hotel, fantastic staff, amazing location...
    • Small Double Room

You had to pay extra to use the pool which was quite expensive. The double bed was made up of two single beds, and although the bed linen was really clean it could be updated.

Absolutely gorgeous hotel, fantastic staff, amazing location and great breakfast! Lovely room too and cleaned daily 😊

Nice hotel in the centre of Venice Lido
    • Suite

Having to pay EU 20 / day for the pool was a surprise. otherwise hotel is a bit dated though being renovated.

Good breakfast, friendly and helpful staff, location near both ferry and beach

The location is excellent, surrounded by restaurants, cafes...

The air conditioning didn't seem to run all the time, my husband was more fussed then I was.

The location is excellent, surrounded by restaurants, cafes and bakeries. The grocery store is a five minute walk and the beach is five minutes in the opposite direction. The room was very spacious, it was almost like having 2 rooms separated by the brand new bathroom, beautifully decorated. The room itself was a bit dated but we were very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Enjoyed my stay, but a shame new pool wasn't yet open.
    • Small Double Room

Prices high in mini bar - small juice 4 euros Scaffolding erected - I think guests should be made aware beforehand that scaffolding was up. On the fourth floor it was disconcerting to find someone outside my window on the scaffolding first thing in the morning.

Lovely ambiance

I rather book the more expensive hotel in Venice than come to this one again.

everything is for extra money, nothing is free. small swimming pool beside the hotel is also for money. wifi is just the name, no signal. nothing to do on the island, once is just to see what its like. old furniture should be renovated.

Breakfast, reception, the hotel outside view- that is the main point why I want to stay there.

Really enjoyed our 5 night stay here.

New pool was being built out the back but, unfortunately, wasn't ready during our stay. Pity.

Breakfast was varied & very enjoyable. Set in the beautiful Breakfast Room. Lanna Gaia Thai Spa in the basement was divine. Great location for water bus (one end of the road) & beach (other end of same road). Lots of restaurants and shops nearby. A welcome respite from the frenzy of Venice city.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

A lovely hotel. I will definately come back as long as I have a different room!
    • Small Double Room

I realise you are carrying out restoration but the scaffolding was not good as I wanted to have the window open.

The hotel was lovely and the staff charming and helpful. I was very disappointed in my room, there was no view at all and the scaffolding right next to the window was not pleasant, especially as I woke on Friday morning and there was a man standing right in front of the bed! If I had been staying longer I would have asked for a different room. For the price I would have expected a better view.

Fantastic position near to the boat bus terminal close to restaurants and fantastic beaches near by.
    • Suite

It was a problem to secure the shower to the right height, it kept dropping! Unfortunately the newly built pool was not available to use yet, they still had some problems however the nearby beaches are great.

We had a family room which was great for us. All staff were friendly and attentive, we asked for extra pillows, they were brought to the room within 5 minutes.

Great combination of Vemice and relax,all-in-one🙂

No specific issues

Lido is a brilliant combination of lazy sunny vacation place w 5km sand beaches and shallow warm water, with 10min reach of a no. 1 world pictoresque gem Venice where u can enjoy your fascinating gondole ride w glass of prosecco. Romantic souls will never find anything better🙂. Hotel restaurant is great and north of trying. Hotel architecture nicely reminds of those old good days of the Austro-Hungarian monarchy, lovely impression, indeed🙂

Rich breakfast (only capuccino could be better).
    • Suite

Water drops from the bedroom´s ceiling during the night was not really what we expected from this hotel. We complained about it, but according the staff this problem was not serious and as apologize gave us discount 20 Euro (from more than 600 euro we paid for two nigts - one sleepless). The hotel looks very nice from outside and has good breakfast, but inside it´s a bit out of time and needs reconstruction (which is in proces and will last probably more than one year).

Rich breakfast (only capuccino could be better). Excellent place - close to vaporetto, restaurants and also to beach

Extraordinary old world charm in this renovated hotel.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Extraordinary old world charm in this renovated hotel. Felt like stepping back in time. Staff was friendly, helpful and accommodating. On the main street with shops & cafes. Will definitely stay again.

Exquisite Hotel and Location.
    • Small Double Room

Great Location to everything- Great Boutique Shops, Authentic Food, Easy Access to Water Taxis. It’s a Quiet and Quaint area. The Hotel is Beautiful, inside and out.

I first saw this hotel a few years ago and decided I would...
    • Small Double Room

Breakfast could have been better for a hotel of this type. No special touches in the room in terms of water bottles, fruit etc which I would have expected from a four star.

I first saw this hotel a few years ago and decided I would one day stay here. I'm glad I finally did so. It's a beautiful and historical building in a great location on the Lido. Our room was small but had all the necessities. I see they are building a swimming pool, which will be a good addition.

beautiful building but inside its faded glory.
    • Small Double Room

bedroom furniture was as old as the hotel not antique just horrible.the wardrobe door didn't close . the workman were installing a swimming pool which will look super when finished.scaffolding half way around the building.needs a total revamp to bring it back to its splendour but when the hotel is closed!

beautiful building but inside its faded glory.

Second visit due to reliable, quality staff and reasonable price

No significant shortcomings.

Right on main street so convenient to transportation, shopping, restaurants, beach. Older traditional hotel but very clean, huge front outdoor bar and social area. Room sizes vary. Breakfast includes hot scrambled eggs and meats with very fast coffee service etc. Staff was humorous and accommodating. Lido has lots to do. Bike riding along shore road on either side was enjoyable. Little stores and restaurants along the way and more isolated towards the far end.

Excelent choice, at a price.

They gave us some paper to sign by check in, one point wasn't even filled in, and they asked me to sign on a blank line. Very bad impression.

overall great hotel, what you expect from this level of a hotel. The breakfast was great (but extra for us) room was great and exceptionally clean. Breakfast room is amazing. Service great. We visited by car, to have our stuff with us, and not having to carry everything around Venice. Good decision for families, morning you go swimming, and evening visiting places.

The staff was really nice.
    • Small Double Room

The hotel is undergoing construction work and will be doing so apparently for the full year ahead. However pour stay was pleasant enough. When we complained that our room had the single window surrounded by scaffolding, they immediately upgraded us at no cost to a larger room. The room had a setup of another era and it would be beautiful if the furniture was better kept: it looked old. The mattress was hard and so were the pillows.

The staff was really nice. The building is iconic, with a beautiful facade covered in majolica. The whole building has a beautiful belle-epoque style and the little we could see from the garden it also had the same style (most of it was used in construction). Once it is remodeled it will be worth the trip on it's own, let alone the prime location in the center of Lido which is a beautiful beach town that totally surprised us. We were as much pleased with Lido as with crowded Venice. The breakfast was really good and the dining room was perfect. For all the old furniture in the room, I must say that the bathroom was done completely new.

Hotel with unique atmosphere

I would highly recommend not to use any room freshener or at least stick to some modern light fragrance. In our rooms we had strong old-fashioned fresheners which I had to get rid of immediately. So smelly that it ruined my first night definitely, and it was absolutely not necessary because there were no problems with fresh air at all.

Probably the most beautiful hotel facade in Lido di Venezia. As for the hotel itself, you will feel like teleported to the magic times of Art Nouveau. If you are looking for a stylish, modern hotel this one is not suitable for you, but if you would like to spend some truly magic moments with a unique atmosphere... this hotel is totally for you.

Most beautiful hotel I have stayed in for soooo cheap
    • Small Double Room

Our room was so small , that was for the Double , no view , but that was okay , the shower was small , but I should of payed extra to have a bigger room

I was travelling with my mother , so much easier on the Lido , too crowded in the heart of Venice , the hotel is beautiful , the dining room exquisite , the breakfast amazing I travel to Europe every year , this was my favourite and so cheap compared to anything in Venice . The Lido town is lovely , beautiful restaurants with local people eating out every night My mother has a disability and they had a ramp into the hotel around the back and all of Lido is flat , to try and find anything sutable for disability in Venice it is practically impossible There was such beautiful history in this hotel , just looooved it

You will love the hotel.
    • Small Double Room

The staff was a little careless, not in all occasions but just an eg. they lend you umbrellas and tag it in front of your room number but even after returning the umbrella the tag wasn't removed, even though I insisted. This happened twice. Apart from this the staff was cordial but if I compare with how guests are treated in an equivalent hotel in India, it would be a huge difference as the guests are treated like Kings and Queens in india. There are no in room services like providing iron box or an oven or a water heater for boiling water. The bed provided was not one seamless double bed but two twin beds conjoined. Although not very uncomfortable but still I had asked for a double bed in my choice. Not to mention, they had changed my room saying they gave me wrong keys the first time.

Awesome location. Beautiful hotel at a beautiful Street. We were in awe of the place and property. There are restaurants and stores on the same street which are open in the same street and serve real good food. Far better than what you would get in pricey Venice. Moreover, water bus station is very near to the hotel. The hotel itself is a heritage hotel and the upkeep is good.

Great hotel in an excellent location with som eof the most helpful staff I',ve ever encoutered.

Property is currently undergoing some renovation so car had to be kept nearby whilst the car park is completed. Only a short term problem and the staff retrieved the hire car very promptly and had it ready for us when we needed it.

Staff were all very helpful and courteous Breakfast was excellent location was excellent

Excellent location near beaches and a short ferry ride to...
    • Suite

The jacuzzi was broken and there was a separate fee to use the spa area. We would not have gone to the spa had we known that beforehand.

Excellent location near beaches and a short ferry ride to Venice.

Would highly recommend especially for families visiting Venice.
    • Suite

Hotel is in a great location for visiting Lido but also Venice and particularly for kids where the beach is a welcome break from city trekking and large crowds. Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful, breakfast was good and rooms were spacious and well equipped. Complementary fruit basket on arrival was a nice touch. The hotel itself is a beautiful piece of history and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Very good location, fruit basket in room was not fresh .
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Very good location, fruit basket in room was not fresh ... breakfast very good. Not enough sockets for coffee machine. Beds are very comfortable. No cloth hooks in bathroom.

I would definitely recommend this hotel as a place to stay in Venice.

The hotel was beautiful and the staff was friendly and efficient. Our room was large and comfortable. The dock to get the boat to Venice was only a 5 minute walk from the hotel and there were lots of shops and restaurant around the hotel with normal, not-Venice prices. We also went to the local beach and it was beautiful and fun. I would recommend this hotel to my friends.

Perfect hotel on a great location
    • Small Double Room

There was nothing to dislike.

Everything! The quality and comfort of the room. Impressive hotel architecture. Perfect location on Lido, 5 minutes to vaporetto station & beach. Beautiful garden and restaurant area. Room cleaning was spotless. Breakfast was perfect. Reception team was exceptionally friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay again.

Grand for somewhere to put your head at night.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Better choice at breakfast. Shouldn’t have to pay extra if you would a poached egg!!! The bathrooms are not great and very cheap plastic and steel furniture used. Makes it look cheap. Hotel is expensive enough for what you get. Over priced.

The hotel is a bit dated. The bathroom in our room was really old and very hospital like. Furniture was plastic and cheap looking. Whilst having a shower the water leaked through the shower screen all onto the floor. The room was grand, but very basic, no added comforts to it. Breakfast selection was not great. Limited choice. A lot of money paid per night for what you got. Over priced.

Our stay was so much better than we could have ever expected.
    • Small Double Room

the hotel location was perfect for exploring Venice, we got the ferry across every day (the ferry operates 24 hours) which was super closer to the hotel about a 5 min walk. the area surrounding the hotel was super clean and very well equipped with plenty of places for food and shopping as well as a supermarket. I cant recommend the hotel enough.

Venice Lido great as a cheaper alternative to Venice city centre
    • Small Double Room

Friendly staff and excellent location. The Venice Lido is a really good solution to avoiding the high prices of staying in Venice. It's a 10 minute vaporetto ride to the city centre and the hotel is just a 5 minute walk from the ferry stop with lots of shops and restaurants close by.

Gorgeous place to stay for a visit to Venice....escape the tourist crowds & experience Lido Island!
    • Small Double Room

I felt very welcome and well looked after at this grand old hotel. Lido is a fantastic place to stay to escape the tourist crowds in Venice after a full day's sightseeing. There's great restaurants around the hotel and, despite the cold, wet weather, there were always warm smiles from the hotel staff.

Decent place to sleep if not planning on spending too much time in room
    • Small Double Room

The room was too hot, no cold air conditioning so had asked for a fan but they did not have any so we were advised to keep the window open while we were out all day.

The hotel was so close to the water bus stop and other restaurants

Belle Epoque originality and charm, like stepping back in...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Belle Epoque originality and charm, like stepping back in time, all male staff in black suit and tie, crisp white sheets changed daily. Downsides, our room was in the eaves of the building, the decor disappointing, like a beach hut, and the room very warm.

Stunning hotel in fabulous location. Go for a superior room to avoid the renovations.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The hotel is under going a renovation of the back of the building. We were unfortunately given a room with scaffolding over the windows. I did go to reception to ask for a front facing room and they had nothing available, I offered to pay for an upgrade as it was a special holiday for us but again nothing was available. I was really disappointed and it slightly marred our experience as the room was very dark and we missed out on the stunning views over Venice. However, I would not hesitate to come back here when the hotel is finished, it’s like something from a bygone age, as is the whole of the Lido. We did 2 days near St Marco and 2 nights here, the Lido is perfect relaxation after the hustle of Venice.

Beautiful hotel with the most fantastic architecture. Maybe not quite as luxurious as other 4/5 stars but really makes up for it with service, uniqueness and history. The essence of the Lido.

Excellent value and brilliant staff.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The staff were very attentive and made us feel welcome the moment we stepped through the door. The trip to Venice was to help celebrate our 20th Wedding anniversary, the Hotel left a bottle of bubbly in our room for our return one day. Very thoughtful. The breakfast buffet was excellent value for money, with a great range to suit all tastes. We will definitely book again when next in Venice.

Relaxing character hotel

Rather sad it is going to be revamped and turned into a five Star hotel, will probably become very expensive. Love it as it is.

Friendly, helpful staff, lovely decor,tasty breakfast. Clean. Convenient for vaparetto to Venice mainland. Old world charm.

Would definitely stay there again and for longer.
    • Small Double Room

Would come back again when the weather would be better in the summer and the outside seating area could be used.

Very attentive staff who go out of their way to assist in making your stay memorable. Food, restaurant ambiance and decor was delightful.

we will for sure come back!
    • Small Double Room

Great Hotel with history, the current renovation works do not harm the stay there at all. Perfectly situated, 3 minutes walk from the Vaporetto Station, quiet place, breakfast for Italian standard really good, very much love given to decoration and antique furniture in rooms, breakfast room / terrasse is amazing - style beginning of century 1900 was kept and well- preserved,. Lovely atmosphere and friendly helpful staff. Boats from Venice 24 hrs available, we left the car at Punta Sabbioni for EUR 5 per day, but you could as well take the car with you, there is free parking space at the Hotel. I am travelling the globe for business permentently - so I love this kind of Hotel that is not the same like all the others from the big Players.

Lovely "belle époque" décor.
    • Suite

The jacuzzi in the spa was not working the day we tried it out. We were awakened from our afternoon nap by a concierge. He did apologize, however.

Lovely "belle époque" décor.

Fabulous hotel
    • Small Double Room

Maybe spa bath could be hotter. Spa was 20 euros each for 2 hours- maybe a wee bit pricey. Could it be included!?

Fabulous breakfast- staff couldn’t have been better. Lovely reception staff.bed super comfy. Power shower. Would definitely return.

Not a bad place to stay if you don’t mind take a boat every day to the main island
    • Small Double Room

Could hear running water (from the neighbor room shower perhaps) late at night, so bad sound isolation. Also, I guess the hotel is being renovated, so the view from the window was spoilt with the construction site

The room with an old Italian atmosphere, friendly and helpful staff, tasty breakfast and dinner

In general it is good.

everything was ok

In general it is good. Hotel building is very nice and beautiful. Located in 5 minutes walk from the ferry. Very comfortable location and surroundings. The difference comparing to pictures of the room (we had triple / deluxe room) is that wallpapers were not as on the picture. Breakfast is good. Omelet, bacon, pancackes, musli/flakes, yogurt, tea/coffe/cacao/milk. Variety of bread and sweets. Normal ferry boats are circulating regulary so no problem with the transport to Venice main districts and back. Actually it is very interesting when ferry bring you on Lido and everything looks like ordinary city, but in 15-20 minutes you can get to historical Venice. We would definitely stay in this hotel next time.

Enjoyable Break

Didn't have an open bar throughout the day. No dining/light meal/snack facilities available between breakfast and evening meal

Quirky decor. Bedroom as warm as toast on the most freezing of days (was snowing during our stay). Very friendly staff.

Nice islands Hotel is not any more what it was, very faraway from that.
    • Suite

Restaurant Asked a bottle wijn 2008 that i paid 83€ and they gave me for same price 2012 which cost max 16€ At 1st glass i note this and complain about but told me was the same. Thieves and pretend make us stupids i have a cellar with more 2000 bottles. Breakfast dissaster after 15 min always finish and no refilling.

Staff were excellent.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Staff were excellent. Food superb. Overall a lovely hotel and The Lido is wonderful and easy for exploring Venice - just a short boat ride to the centre. The Spa was very disappointing however. Very small, with few facilities and some not even working. With the exception of the spa, I would recommend a stay here.

the hotel is quite beautiful outside ,and located in the...
    • Small Double Room

the hotel is redecorated ,so the room is not as good as the outer of the hotel

the hotel is quite beautiful outside ,and located in the Lido island which is quiet and comfortable ,you can go to the beach ,rent a bicycle .

great visit!
    • Small Double Room

Awesome breakfast! We were pleasantly surprised with the large breakfast buffet and its many options. The room was perfect since we were only in there to shower/sleep. The bathroom was impressively clean and well stocked for any amenity items. We were pleasantly surprised of the accommodations. The staff was super friendly and offered us their input of best ways to get around, which really helped us enjoy our time in the Venice area.

Disappointing,

Had to be moved from first room as was not up to expectation. Second room supposedly a junior suite, but room with sofa in corner is not a junior suite. Very dated requires renovation.

staff were friendly, breakfast had a good selection

Spa: jacuzzi wasn’t working ,shower wasn’t working well,but ...
    • Small Double Room

Spa: jacuzzi wasn’t working ,shower wasn’t working well,but we were charged for full service.We were charged also some kind of taxes ,we wasn’t told fo

Classic and great
    • Small Double Room

Bathroom was noisy, so you could hear other bathrooms flush their toilets (plumbing was loud).

Rooms are comfortable (big bed, could be more space for bags). Breakfast is great! Location is good (5min walking to ferry) and the parking lot makes it easier to go to Venice by car.

it's an ancient and magnificent grand hotel.
    • Small Double Room

A little bit funny smell in the room

it's an ancient and magnificent grand hotel. you can tell the hotel had a glorious history in early 20th century. The breakfast is inexpensive (5EUR) and totally worth it

It is super easy to get from the airport to the Lido, and...
    • Small Double Room

The hotel is shabby and is due for a make over. The spa is not included if you book on this website! You will have to pay an extra 20 euros. I didn’t bother. There is no pool anyway. Breakfast was bad and the bed was not comfortable (though maybe that’s personal taste)

It is super easy to get from the airport to the Lido, and this hotel. There is a direct vaporetto. Venice is between 15-30 minutes away, depending on where you want to go. It’s worth staying on the Lido definitely in the summer, I would say. It’s cheaper. The staff at this hotel were nice.

A Gem on Lido

Not so sound-proof. I can hear my neighbor coughing in the night. Not the best option if you arrive by car. Round-trip ferry cost 56 euros. Plus you need to plan ahead which ferry station to take. I went to a wrong location which was apparently closed on certain days. This cost me 3 hours' waste of time and fuel.

This is a pretty old-fashioned hotel dated back in early 1900's. If you are a fan of vantage, this is your palace. Staffs are great and helpful. Bathroom is big and clean. Located in a safe and quite neighborhood, it is 5-min walk to ferry which takes us to Venice.

Nice check out!
    • Small Double Room

No costumer experience. I don't if i am going to stay again, the location is good the hotel just fine..i was expecting more..but the check out was so convenient.that's all.

I like the hotel but i think the room was too expensive its' price.

Atmospheric and comfortable choice
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Some of the female stuff at breakfast were from not so nice to rude. One of them apologised, but it still was not a nice way to start the day...

The Hotel is lovely and very comfortable . Also the breakfast was very good. The rooms are quite comfy. Also good matresses. Some of the staff was extremly nice and also funny

Fabulous
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Absolutely everything, relaxed location, fab hotel, staff, beach, shops, I could go on and on, went there last year , this year, and will go again next year.

Excellent very clean hotel will use again
    • Small Double Room

Nothing to do with the hotel just you need to pay for the ferry since this hotel is located on an island but you can buy passes for a few days.

Very clean, excellent value for the money. nice location very close to the ferry.Very nice staff and helpful staff

Find for a couple of nights if you just need somewhere to store your bags and lay your head down
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The hotel is not 4 star. Fixtures and fittings are so outdated that a key was needed to turn the electricity on in each room - quaint only takes you so far. The rooms are shabby, outdated and boiling hot when we went in November - we had to have all the windows open all night. The walls were like paper and hearing our neighbours ablute and otherwise ‘enjoying themselves’ made for hilarity but not a restful break

The staff were friendly and we enjoyed staying on the Lido - it was relaxing to be away from the hustle and bustle of Venice

A wonderfully different way to visit Venice, and a pure delight.
    • Small Double Room

There was nothing I didn't like, but for total luxury I would have enjoyed being able to make a hot drink in my room sometimes without having to ring for room service.

This is a famous historical hotel with a breathtakingly beautiful tiled and decorated exterior, positioned very nicely back from the broad main street in the Lido. The staff are wonderfully friendly and helpful and the breakfasts as good as any I have ever had in Italy. It is only a few minutes walk from the hotel to the excellent boat station which takes you very quickly to St Marks, but the area is free of the bustle and the crowds. A truly marvellous find!

We had a wonderful stay in Venice, and this beautiful hotel was perfect.

Can't think of anything!

The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. Breakfast delicious, and excellent value. It was so easy to get the Vaporetto each morning to explore Venice, then back to the Lido for an evening meal.

Clean, luxury and good price hotel!
    • Small Double Room

Little bit average bathroom for four star hotel.

very nice and comfortable room, average bathroom, good stuff, helpfull and friendly. Good and cheap breakfasts, good wines. I recommend this hotel for another clients or my friends!

Tired, old facility w mediocre service
    • Small Double Room

Very unpleasant welcome from the receptionist. The hotel is in desperate need of a renovation. The waitress at breakfast was overworked and unpleasant.

The price and the daytime recepti

Great area to stay we would definitely stay again

Better organisation in the outside bar area, it requires two barmen to be effectively run, on duty barman was more concerned with making sure he entered in the bar bills from a large party in another room, leaving people sat without a drink for over half an hour. The head waiter needs to to take charge and keep things moving, meet and greet the pass the ordering over to waitress/waiter as soon as possible.

Great location for ACTV and Alilaguna and public beach. Great food selection and quantity at breakfast. We had the best meal at the hotel in the evening, ate out twice in the evening but found the standard was pretty average to poor e.g. 'tourists put up with anything - high price for low quality food', a failing throughout venice. However the food in the hotel was excellent so ate there twice.

Good old style!
    • Small Double Room

This is really an old style Grand Hotel! The building itself, the staff, the interior, furnishigs (which in other case I would call outdated) transfer you into the atmospehere of luxury hotels in the beginning of the XX century, like you can see them in movies. Time is frozen here. Great breakfast buffet and great location between the vaporetto stop and the beach should be mentioned as well.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Reception staff were great, The location within easy walk to...
    • Suite

Bar and breakfast staff were not quite so friendly. Breakfast not good: the coffee was terrible and the hot food (sausage/bacon) was horrific to look at. "Private" beach for hotel still meant 25 euros per day for 2 loungers.

Reception staff were great, The location within easy walk to beach and many bars and restaurants also good. Family room was a good size for family of 4.

I will return
    • Suite

Breakfast was very bad, not enough seats or food for customers, pancakes still frozen

Beautiful worldly hotel. Plenty of room for our family of four. Easily reached.

If it wasn't for the Spa and location this hotel would be a 2*.
    • Small Double Room

We had to pay extra for the spa, we were limited to time and there wasn't a pool available. The rooms were basic and not very clean.

The location was amazing, as was the spa

Child friendly hotel which made a happy holiday for the oldies. Perfect for sightseeing and beach.

Leaving

Very friendly staff. Very good and helpful with our grand children. Easy access to beach and the vaparretos. This was our second visit and will go again DV.

Inspiring!
    • Small Double Room

Like most of hotels in Lido you literary smell here pleasant and not so pleasant stories of the social history of Venezia.

This hotel has a spectacular facade and shape and even if only for this it is worth staying there. It is a bit overpriced, but hey - this is Lido di Venezia!

Grande Alberto Hugaria - Excellent
    • Suite

The members of staff were very welcoming, professional and helpful. Our room was spacious and carefully furnished. The dwcor and and archetectual design was very unique and tasteful. It was the most outstanding hotel on the Island of Lido SME and we plan to visit again.