Reviews of Hotel Igea 3 stars

Via Ospedale Civile N° 87, 35121 Padova, Italy

#17 of 41 hotels in Padova

This offers one of the best value for money places to stay in Padua. Excellent location.
    • Double or Twin Room

When we arrived in our room there were two small bottles of water in the fridge, natural and sparkling. We thought that these were complimentary, because there was nowhere an indication that we would be charged for this. I made mentally a note to mention this very nice attention when I wrote my review. When we checked out we were, however, charged for them. But this is a small misunderstanding we did not even want to mention.

The location is excellent; a few steps away from the Basilica of St. Anthony and the Botanic Gardens. We did not take the option to have breakfast at the hotel because there is an excellent bar with very friendly people just around the corner. They serve excellent coffee and ‘tramezzini’. It is very nice to have a fridge in the room, especially with the hot weather, we were staying in July. For the rest the room is not luxurious but offers all the amenities one needs to be comfortable. The air-conditioning can be put on a low fan, which is ideal for the night and does hardly make a noise. It is very pleasant to always see a friendly face when you arrive at the reception. Another plus point is the lift; this means that you can effortlessly reach the upper floors with your luggage.

Ideal location 10 min walk from de city center.

Nice breakfast buffet but with terrible orange juice (sort of sweet acid beverage)

Ideal location 10 min walk from de city center. Modern clean and spacious rooms. Welcoming staff. There is a parking lot in front of the hotel (free on WE).

For the price it was appropriate.

The mattress was very hard. The shower was very small ( almost the size of a cruise ship shower)

The rooms were a good size. The breakfast was nice. The neighborhood was very quiet

This is not a fancy hotel, but had everything we needed...
    • Double or Twin Room

Keep in mind that water in the fridge is not for free. :-)

This is not a fancy hotel, but had everything we needed within easy walking distance from the city center. Railway station us 30 min walk.

Quality, reasonably priced, and good location
    • Double or Twin Room

Hotel Igea is an excellent location to visit the Cathedral and botanical gardens. It is close to the center of the city and well situated for any number of purposes The breakfast was typically italian with expresso/capucinno breads, sweet buns, meats and cheeses. It was really a nice experience, we arrived during the Festival of St. Anthony, which the front desk told us about, and we went and checked out. We'll never forget that.

Perfect for a short stay for business or sightseeing

A duvet rather than sheets on the bed would be nice. The street is noisy if you have the window open at night but we're used to that now and it no longer disturbs us.

We always stay here when we visit Padova. It meets all our needs, particularly as we require parking. The location is excellent, near the main sights and the wonderful Saturday market, the breakfast is ample and the room clean and nicely furnished.

Great location, clean comfortable and quiet.
    • Double or Twin Room

Only a minor point but we would love to have had tea/coffee making facilities in the room, especially when relaxing at the end of the day. The car was locked away over the weekend which was no inconvenience to us but could be a worry to others wanting to visit sights outside the city.

This is a well located hotel and even though the room had basic facilities, it was always spotlessly clean and the room was made up each day. Breakfast was typical of this style of hotel and there was never any shortage of food or variety. The modern decor was also in the bathroom. Parking was in a nearby garage and is E12 a day.

A nice little hotel next to the hospital and a short walk into the town
    • Double or Twin Room

Thin walls and noise from other guests with barking dog, children shouting and then jumping up and Down in the room above me. It’s nit the hotels fault that some guests don’t know how to behave in a hotel. Next time I will book a top floor room to eliminate at least one problem.

Location and hotel parking just down the road

We were really happy with Hotel Igea.
    • Double or Twin Room

It was not too disturbing, but we found it a little noisy sometimes, probably from thin walls between the rooms.

We were really happy with Hotel Igea. Staff was very friendly and helping. Our room offered more than enough space and it was clean. There was a supermarket nearby and we could walk both to city center (10-15min) and St. Anthony Basilica.

The staff was super friendly and helpful!
    • Double or Twin Room

The choice at breakfast was limited to one type of cheese and ham, packed biscuits, yougurt, jam, and eggs to boil by yourself. Though cruassants were delicious! They make you coffe or tea on request. Ask for it otherwise you’ll have to take some undrinkable beverage from the machine

The staff was super friendly and helpful! Starting from the day of arrival everyone was ready to greet you with a smile and fulfill your every wish. The hotel is located close to the old town and connected well with railway and bus station. We felt safe walking late in this area. The room is medium size, with a rack and a mirror, and enough space to store your luggage. It is warm, quiet and well maintained. It was overall a pleasant stay. I recommend!

I have to attend classes at the University Hospital and it...
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel is an old hotel and the rooms are not very well isolated from noise. However the other hosts were not noisy so the bad isolation was not a problem.

I have to attend classes at the University Hospital and it is very convenient since the Hotel is 10 m apart from the Hospital

Relaxing.
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel was easy to find by car with underground parking in a garage only 100m away. Nice big room and bathroom. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is a short stroll to all the main attractions- Prato Della Valle, Basilica di Sant’Antonio, Via Roma. Such a great place to stay.

I’ll recommend it to my friends but I’ll tell them to double check their email confirmation.
    • Double or Twin Room

I booked my room through this website and breakfast was included the price, I confirmed and got an email confirmation but got to the hotel and found out that breakfast was not included, so I had to pay extra.

The location was really good.

We forgot the book of my child.

We forgot the book of my child. I called the property to inform that we have forgetten the book. They found it and contacted me to send it back to me!!! This particular attention is Priceless!!

Great location, fantastic breakfast
    • Double or Twin Room

The only thing we weren't happy about was the bed. Although we booked the room with a double bed, there were actually 2 singles pushed up together. This could be quite uncomfortable during the night when you can slip in the gap.

Breakfast was excellent, with plenty of food and the staff was fantastic. The room was quite big and the location is really good, only a short walk to the city centre or University.

Friendly, easy, comfortable, personal, stylish.
    • Double or Twin Room

Machine coffee for breakfast not so good.

We loved our room, the bathroom, the architecture and the small scale of the hotel. The staff were delightful, also very helpful.

OK
    • Double or Twin Room

no good lighting in the room and very bad in the bathroom. No shelf space in the bathroom nor in the room. the fridge was not working.

very friendly and helpful staff

Well-situated, friendly and comfortable. A great little hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

If you arrive around checking-in time the garage often isn't free yet as it's a public garage too and in high demand. We were able to leave our car in the space outside the hotel and the receptionist took it over later but if that space had already been taken I'm not sure where we would have left the car. This isn't the first time this has happened and I feel that the hotel should try to solve the problem somehow, perhaps by renting an extra space outside the hotel or having permanent spaces in the garage. One of the reasons we always choose this hotel is because of the availability of parking.

The staff are always helpful and accommodating, the room comfortable and clean and breakfast a welcome start to the day with good Italian coffee. It's a short walk to both the wonderful weekend market and to the heart of the city. We always stay here when we visit.

Value For Money

Nothing I loved this Hotel Value for Money

Location was Great just 6 minutes to the Basilica Hotel was Excellent Reception Staff were very helpful and friendly The Breakfast was great Plenty of Choice

Good choice of hotel close to the heart of the city.
    • Double or Twin Room

There can be a bit of noise at night for rooms facing the street.

Hotel has underground parking for car (and bicycles) around the corner. Easy walk to the heart of the historic city. Start your day with the good buffet breakfast and they also feature a small bar.

THis is a hotel i would visit again if in the locale.

I have no complaints

The location was central-the staff were very helpful and did their best to help. The town was within easy walking from hotel-breakfast was very good. Rooms were very clean.

Nice for short stays.

In my room, I could hear all the flushes of toilet from the entire hotel. Breakfast were really easy, continental with not many options. And you need to make your boiled eggs on your own.

Super clean, working AC, perfect window cuitains.

We had an extremely pleasant stay.
    • Double or Twin Room

Due to a knee problem I had to use the lift .... It was a bit idiosyncratic in its behaviour. .. Slow on arrival, stopping at all floors when no one seemed to be inside!

The staff were super friendly, helpful and generous. The restaurant around the corner was very convenient and nice.

Short but enjoyable!
    • Double or Twin Room

Hotel difficult to find by car. Close to old town with network of often one-way streets which complicates "navigation "!

Very good modern bedrooms ,good breakfast and walking distance to all parts of central City

Padua is worth it

Waiting 10 min for the elevator is beyond my patience, especially when the time is precisely scheduled. Bells in the nearby church were useful for wake up, but probably not all will appreciate it just before 7 a.m.

Awesome view from the little terrace (4th floor), delicious croissants for breakfast and helpful staff. Clean room with useful equipment.

Just fine for short stay
    • Double or Twin Room

Very good location in the centre, in walking distance to attractions. 20-30 min walk to railway station. Garage is not at the hotel, but is very close and we didn't mind. Breakfast was very nice and was included in price of the room. Staff is helpful and on disposal.

An ideal place to relax
    • Double or Twin Room

Great beautiful panoramic window - literally immured bricks from the street. I would very much like to have either a balcony with flowers or at least a panoramic window without a brick. The feature of the location is street noise from cars from 7 am. It would be advisable to have a note in the room - a request to clean room / not clean.

Excellent location, comfortable and clean big room, plasma, clean bathroom, modern furniture, strong free wifi, tasty breakfast. Excellent price / quality ratio.

A good hotel

There is a coffee machine used for breakfast. You may ask for freash coffee from bar, but you will be charged.

Clean, well_located, good value for money.

Very good value hotel close to historic city centre

Friendly staff, and the breakfast was well above average for inexpensive hotels in Italy. Excellent location, just on the edge of the historic city centre.

The staff was more then friendly and extremly helpful.

The staff was more then friendly and extremly helpful. An upgrade from a sigle room to double has been achieved within minutes, where the receptionist provided several options. Although communication was sometimes "not easy", in one way or another, we managed to find a solution. The breakfast provided a good combination of a buffet selection, but I would have loved to see regional specialties. Maybe the next time...

• Double or Twin Room

The bathroom. The don't have safe box. They did not except me to pay with another of my credit card that I wanted because of capital controls in my country either Cush. So I will never go there again.

Comfortable hotel near the University.

No view from the room.

Comfortable hotel near the University. Staff was very cordial and helpful. They kept my luggage for 4 hours after checkout without charging me anything.

Average place to stay, staff was great

Tiny shower, with and odd shape and very slippery! Flies all over the food at breakfast! We didn't eat because of it.

Large room, staff was very friendly and went out of the way to help us

ALL excellent, in every category.
    • Double or Twin Room

A few changes in the breakfast fare for those of us on longer stays.

ALL excellent, in every category. Even had the breakfast buffet room assistant remember that I liked soft boiled eggs and English Breakfast tea. And there it was, awaiting me when I sat down. Great staff. Very quiet on the non-street side complete with large windows and birds chirping (the street side is quite quiet also). In a nice residential neighborhood with mom and pop restaurants and cafe's. I don't want to say more otherwise it will be sold out on my next trip to Padua.

Great location, nice little hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Some renovation and minor repairs needed but nothing that detracted from our stay

Good breakfast, great cappacino, accommodating staff; we always stay here on our visits and never have any issues.

Ideal choice for stay in Padua

The wall is very thin and I could hear my neighbor talking. Sometimes they got up really early and I got waked up.

Nice location, helpful staff, clean room. And the breakfast provides multiple choices.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

The hotel is located not far from the inner city (5-10 min...
    • Double or Twin Room

The train station is a bit further away (20-25 min walk), so the hotel is not the best if you like to travel around and see a bit of the area. Our room was facing the street which is quite noise due to the cobblestone.

The hotel is located not far from the inner city (5-10 min walk) with lots of restaurants and placed to go out. It is reasonably equipped and our room was big enough and clean. The staff is nice and the hotel is generally a good choice.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

memorable stay

All tv channels are in Italian.

The breakfast was excellent. The room is quite and comfortable. Personal very ni e and helpful. The location is near the botanical garden and the basilic.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

fit to the purpouse
    • Double or Twin Room

We were not on holiday, so we just needed a clean and pleasant place to stay nearby the hospital and with all the needed facilities around. The truth is that the hotel is also at comfortable walking distance from city center. The only think I didn't like is that I had to cancel my first reservation and rebook it to few days after, but I was charged the cost of the full night. I understand the policy, but normally considering the type of clientele that could have been a bonus, since we come back after few days.

I liked the people who were extra accomodating to our needs: we had a relative in the nearby hospital and we were with unclear schedule and we had an hectic schedule and they tried to accomodate the cleaning of room to our resting time and they try to accomodate all our needs. We also had good tips for the nearby hospital

I asked for a quiet room and got one at the top floor,...

I asked for a quiet room and got one at the top floor, overlooking the parking, and far from the lift: perfect! Breakfast is good. Location is also good.

• Reviewed: 2 April 2017

very nice place
    • Double or Twin Room

kind of strange bathroom/room door which is 0% sound hermetic, which makes you take a poop very carefully when somebody's in the room)

just slept one night and took the breakfast there. Place is good, close to downtown, breakfast is nice as well

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

Comfortable, clean but somewhat overpriced business hotel

Mixed views on location. This hotel is a bit of a walk from the main action in town and even further from the train station; on the other hand, it is still within the city centre. Taking a positive spin on things, the location of the hotel encouraged me to explore a part of town that I hadn't been to on my first visit to Padova (Padua) some weeks back. Also mixed views on the breakfast. It consists of: a selection of identical mass-produced pastries with four different fillings - chocolate, cream, marmalade or plain; 'fresh' juice selection from a machine; a hot drinks machine - although coffees can be requested from the staff; bread rolls or slices of baguette; limited cold cuts - one type of cheese; one type of salami; one type of ham and some processed cheese portions; fresh fruit is limited to a bowl of apples; preserves; eggs which guests boil themselves, and some tired looking cereals. A good breakfast? If it were in a neighbouring country at this rate, I'd say no; by Italian standards, perhaps yes? The colour scheme in the room is a bit drab; my room was freshly - but badly - painted. Rooms are relatively narrow but adequate. On the whole, an enjoyable if unexceptional stay. Comparing it to better, but only marginally more expensive accommodation I've stayed in in this city, I'm marking it down a notch or two on value for money.

Comfortable large bed. Window could be fully opened. Requested a quiet room; at check-in a quiet room facing the side of the hotel was allocated. Strong wifi. Room was clean and serviced during stay. Strong lighting in all parts of the room, especially the bathroom.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

Good location and good price

A bit noisy, due to the traffic passing by.

Good location, at 10 minutes from University and 10 minutes from downtown. The rooms are not big, they they contain everything one needs and are very clean. The staff was very gentle and pleasant all the time.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

Nice hotel next to the Old Town
    • Double or Twin Room

It might be modernised a bit. Water pressure in the shower poor and unstable. Only Italian channels on TV. Double bed is in fact made of 2 singles.

In the city centre, a few steps to the Old Town, to the railway station 20-30 min on foot. Clean and cosy hotel with smiling staff. Breakfasts quite good and abundant.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Not enough water pressure in the 4th floor. Only italian-style 3-pin power outlets in the room and had no adaptors at front desk. Bathroom was old and not comfortable (i.e. not a real shower or bathtub...)

Location. Nice staff. Good WiFi. Breakfast OK.

• Reviewed: 3 December 2016

Horrible wifi connection. Old bathrooms. Bad breakfast. Good location and service.

The wifi didn´t work! If you are in a business travel you definitely need a decent wifi connection, which was not the case. I had to ask for a change of room because the wifi connection wouldn't reach it. When they gave me a new room, closer to the hall entrance, it still barely worked! The bathrooms are a little crappy in the rooms as well. The breakfast was not great. The juice was made with water and powder from a machine.

The staff was really nice and up to help you in a very kind way. The cleaning of the rooms was very much ok.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Friendly and helpful staff.

Fixed overhead shower in my room (regular shower in my colleagues room). The garage (12e) is in next street, and it was raining and there were some public works in front of the hotel, so I couldn't bring the car to put in the luggage.

Friendly and helpful staff. Good breakfast and location. Very comfortable bed. Room is a bit small, but nice, warm and clean.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

Will stay again at Igea

Slightly larger rooms would be nice to have, one bed would be enough for a single traveler. But location, and all other services were great. Room was a bit too warm.. no temperature regulation.

Location is GREAT ! Good breakfast and friendly staff. Very clean. Good value for money.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

Nice hotel, but needs to improve breakfasts quality
    • Double or Twin Room

They serve coffee and capocinno using a machine, tastes like a fabricated milk and coffee powder. It would be much better to serve real coffee!

Good Internet connection, location and fresh brioche for breakfast.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Aircon was noisy, the shower in the bathtub flooded the floor.

Spacious room, comfortable twin beds, wifi worked well, 15 minutes walk from piazzas, reasonable restaurant next door. Parking available in garage for €12.

• Reviewed: 10 September 2016

Nice, clean place to stay

It was a bit of a walk from the train station. (But there is a bus stop nearby.)

The room was clean and there was plenty of space. The staff were professional and friendly. The historic district was right nearby.

Good location, bad WiFi

WiFi is quite slow (It's difficult to make VoIP call).

- The staff members are so cooperative and always want to help. - Rooms are clean and tidy. - The breakfast is good.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

Good place to stay
    • Double or Twin Room

Air condition is too noisy. 101 room smells bad.

Good location. 5 minutes walking to saint antonio basilica. Breakfast is fresh and tasty. Staff is friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Perfect for a weekend stay in beautiful and charming Padua
    • Double or Twin Room

TV only with Italian channels - would be great to have also something international. Aircondition leaked - so we had some "rain" during the night...

Breakfast buffet was really big - this was really surprising. Good Croissants, fresh eggs, yoghurts, ham and cheese... everything you need for a good start into the day. The staff was amazing and very helpful, always with a smile on the face - this i what I like in a hotel! Free wifi with good connection in all areas. Important is to book a parking space, it is not easy to find a free parking space in that area.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Easy glide from train!
    • Double or Twin Room

Thin walls, we could hear a loud woman and a barking dog. Went to breakfast 15 minutes early and staff all had a nice latte, but told a nice English men it was really too early for his cappucino. It was rude as he, and I didn't realize it was a problem.

Staff efficient on check in. Room easy walk from train and center. Wifi was great, and they lent us a corkscrew.

• Double or Twin Room

As basic as basic gets, more expected at the price. Nothing unpleasant, all tidy enough, just very basic and bathroom not great.

Good location to get fast to the city center.
    • Double or Twin Room

Good location to get fast to the city center. Good service and tidiness.

Recommended!

Great location, friendly staff, very clean. Totally recommended!

We had a good time in Padova and would recommend this hotel to others.
    • Double or Twin Room

The mini refrigerator was very small!

We had a nice room with a very decent bathroom; the room was clean and quiet.

Close to St.

Loud/ noisy. You can hear doors closing at the end of the floor.

Close to St. Antonio church Well working aircondition. Friendly staff

Very helpful staff

Very helpful staff Excellent breakfast

Cleanliness and staff.

Cleanliness and staff.

Location is great and hotel is clean.

Location is great!

Everything, no complaint what so ever.
    • Double or Twin Room

Everything, no complaint what so ever. Nice place near the centre.

good location.

good location.

It was very nice dislocation near all famous sights!

It was very nice dislocation near all famous sights!

The hotel was really close to most of the important sights...

The hotel was really close to most of the important sights and the staff was more than friendly. It was definitely a good choice!!

Possibility of street parking infront of hotel (without fees...
    • Double or Twin Room

Possibility of street parking infront of hotel (without fees during weekend) - just limited parking places

I was very much satisfied
    • Double or Twin Room

great place, well above its rating!

Very friendly stuff.

Very friendly stuff. Nice rooms. 20 minutes walk from center

• Double or Twin Room

Good location, cozy room and good value for the money!
    • Double or Twin Room

Good location, cozy room and good value for the money!

Good position. Bad acoustic isolation.
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel building and rooms show their age. Bad acoustic isolation.

At walking distance from the city center (10 minutes approx).

It was OK, the hotel met the expectations.

My room was just in front of the air conditioning station and it was little bit on the noisy side.

Comfortable, good location good staff