Reviews of Il Baio Relais & Natural Spa 4 stars

Loc. Camporoppolo, 06049 San Sabino, Italy

#1 of 1 hotels in San Sabino

Nice countryside stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Shower door (one side of it) in my room was broken and the hair dryer looked a bit dated. I found the spa quite expensive - I'd rather have an hourly rate to access the indoor pool. I decided not to use it as I knew I would only stay an hour or two and the price for the daily access seemed too high in my case.

Very helpful and available staff, especially in the restaurant. Breakfast had a nice variety of foods. Parking is available on site and the hotel is located approx. 10 mins of drive away from Spoleto and Trevi, convenient for short trips as it's near the highway.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Good value for the money.
    • Economy Double Room

restaurant service poor, "filetto" not very tender. Swimming pool not clean and too crowd and noisy, not the perfect place to relax. Rooms too warm and humid.

Quite place, Nice landscape. Gardens well maintained.

The spa was really nice

The place needs a lot of tlc. The room was old, cotbeds very used and worn, the drains smell. When we arrived the outside pool was still empty. The kids park is mostly broken or not useable. They take bookings for parties and ceremonies so guests need to move around or are not able to eat/drink at the bar when the other parties are on. The restaurant is avarage. It could be wonderful but it is not quite there yet. They have lots to do before becoming a real 4 stat hotel. Not worth the cost.

The spa was really nice

Below mediocre quality !
    • Classic Double Room

After reading some reviews we were looking forward to a relaxing fun stay at this so called luxury spa resort / Hotel . We were on a tour of Umbria and after a lovely stopover and stay in Assisi this was our 2 Nd stop . I regrettted my decision of staying at this hotel though I believe we must make the best of every unfortunate circumstance and enjoy the much awaited holiday . We reached at around 7pm and the front desk informed us that the spa closed at 8 pm so we rushed as that was the highlight of our stay . Well guys who are used to decent functional spas , this wasn’t close to a 2 Star so take a guess . Let’s say I was glad I could take a shower . We were asked if we preferred to dine at the restaurant on the premise by the front desk on our arrival and as this hotel be aware was pretty remote ( far away in a quite area which we loved ) miles away from the city so we opted to stay for dinner at their restaurant . The restaurant was a cute place but when we got there we were informed we weren’t on the guest list . Guess what we were asked to sit at the outer circle of the restaurant which looked destitute, not exactly the best part but as we were starving we dint care and accepted their offer . We were told they dint have an English menu ( seriously ! A hotel serving international travelers, on the list of cond’enast Hotels and have no English menu? ) and I had to deal with it or wait for the only English speaking waiter whom I never saw . Fortunately my boyfriend is Italian and translated the menu to me . We were offered water and bread and that’s it we never saw the waiters for the next 45 minutes . My bf who is generally a chilled out patient guy ( and I am not ) we both sat waiting . Tick tick tick tock .......no sign until my bf the patient one amongst the two of us walked up to the waiter ( there were 2 waiters for the whole restaurant ) and asked him why weren’t we being served ?

View. Location .

Very helpful and friendly staff - accommodated us when our plans changed without questions asked.
    • Economy Double Room

I typically enjoy the continental breakfast but for my partner who is a vegetarian and doesn't eat sugar, it wasn't the best breakfast. More fruits and perhaps more savoury pastries will go a long way.

Everything the location was beautiful poolside was spacious...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Everything the location was beautiful poolside was spacious and clean poolside food was good salads hotel room was amazing g space facilities of spa brilliant and we only had breakfast this time which was ample and good choice o have eaten there too great food xx

No wifi and no AC
    • Economy Double Room

NO WIFI AND NO AIR CONDITIONING. Don't book if you count on having either. Brought it to management and they told me the wifi often doesn't work. They did nothing to switch our room or reset the internet connection. It's hot enough now for all the other hotels to switch on their AC. Our unit was on HEAT and we couldn't switch it. Also, barking dogs who live on property.

Pretty grounds & nice breakfast room (pastries and cakes)

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Nice room, wonderful place.
    • Family Junior Suite with Garden View

Wonderful sight, nice big room (we had the junior suite). We could park just outside our room, so it was simple to bring things out and in the room. Quiet, clean, many cakes for breakfast and good coffee.

the children loved it, that's more than enough for me
    • Family Room With Kitchenette

large and spacious property with amazing views of the surrounding mountains. very nice pool

The property used to be a stable. Whether you knew it or not the room conditions let you relise it.
    • Family Room With Kitchenette

almost everything

The pool

Place being in mid of nature, friendly staff
    • Double Room with Spa Access

Cleanliness, limited spa facilities

Place being in mid of nature, friendly staff

• Reviewed: 7 November 2015

Strong smell of sewerage from the toilet which could still...

Strong smell of sewerage from the toilet which could still be smelt from the bed. Non-smoking room but ashtrays left outside our window which meant smokers gathered outside our first floor window to chat and smoke.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2015

We liked the restaurant.

Wifi not really accessible, pool area should be renovated; the matrace felt like 10 years old - with two holes in it.

We liked the restaurant. Great food for a fair price.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2015

location, rooms

location, rooms

There are also 3 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Il Baio Relais & Natural Spa traveller photo gallery