Reviews of Il Gabbiano 3 stars

Via Libertà 221, 90018 Termini Imerese, Italy

#4 of 10 hotels in Termini Imerese

One of the reception staff needs a refresher course on how

One of the reception staff needs a refresher course on how to treat clients - unfortunately this one receptionist spoilt it - the other staff were very helpful

We had a pleasant stay,
    • Quadruple Room

Shower could have been larger since there was room in bathroom for it. Also the toilet was too close to shower wall, may have worked out better if toilet was next to sink.

Location was convenient to town center. Staff was professional & courteous. Enjoyed the coffee machine for breakfast which made espresso, cappucino or latte.

excellent hotel with good breakfast and friendly staff
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Website said there was a restaurant on site, but it had closed for the season.

New hotel. Room excellent, spotlessly clean, comfortable. Good value. Staff excellent - went out of his way to organise dinner for us and set up the dining room just for us. Secure parking in locked compound.

Generally fine
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The internet signal was low, just enough to check your emails. There are some road works going on just outside of the hotel windows. The breakfast could use some improvement. Full of sweet pastries and cookies, most not so tasty.

The restaurant was a nice surprise, although nobody there was speaking English, the food was amazing. The hotel staff was friendly and allowed us to have the breakfast althoug we were running late.

Delicious dinner, clean, comfortable room
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

This hotel is a good value, absolutely clean and comfortable. The neighborhood is a little strange but the restaurant is FANTASTIC! Seriously, it's worth staying here for the dinner. The staff is also helpful and it is possible to park.

Good location and clean, but horrible customer service (would not go back)
    • Quadruple Room

The bed was incredibly uncomfortable, the springs were pressing up against me which caused for a very unrestful sleep. Also, the staff were not customer service savvy, family owned (assume) and very offended and defensive when we inquired about the bed being changed and the wifi not working. Wifi was corrected, however I was told the beds are all the same and they have never had any complaints (I find that hard to believe). Close to the end of my stay the iron stopped working, when I went to the front desk to let them know they asked me how I got the iron to begin with and why I had not given it back. I told the man at the desk that I had asked for it on my first day and it was brought to my room, and that I should be able to keep it until I check out. He told me it was the only iron for the entire hotel and made me feel that I had broke the iron. At the end of the day, another iron was brought to my room so I do not understand what the big ordeal was all about. I did not like the service at all (kind of rude and condescending) and for that I would not go back.

Location was central, rooms were clean and well kept.

Very clean, large rooms.
    • Quadruple Room

Very clean, large rooms. Private parking always available. Breakfast was very good with a large variety to choose from. Staff welcoming, helpful and available. Good value for money!

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

Not worthy at all
    • Basic Double Room

Receptionist could not speak and understand english well, it was difficult to communicate with him. No lift, we stayed at third floor and we had to go to our room by stairs and hall and then again by stairs, breakfast also was poor.

Terrible location and horrible breakfast for the money
    • Budget Double or Twin Room

Terrible location and horrible breakfast for the money

Large, clean rooms.
    • Quadruple Room

Large, clean rooms. Friendly staff.

Comfortable, friendly - like being at home
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

It was perfect from start to finish

Great little hotel, very friendly and helpful staff. Highly recommended. Very happy that I strayed here.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2016

Food was good at the hotel restaurant.

No elevator so I requested first floor due to my age of 76.Receptionist said I could have first floor but I had to pay 15 Euros extra.I paid but I still had to carry luggage three flights of stairs.Not a good policy.

Food was good at the hotel restaurant.

• Reviewed: 18 April 2016

Great and spacious rooms with nice view.

The room had a smell from previous smoking.

Great and spacious rooms with nice view. Staff was very friendly and helpfull and there was good selection for breakfast.

• Reviewed: 3 May 2015

Clean, functional room with lots of space and a sea view.

Clean, functional room with lots of space and a sea view. Friendly and very helpful staff. The hotel has a secure car park and provides a good breakfast. Situated in Termini Imerese which is a very interesting small city with many attractions but without the "touristy turmoil" of nearby Cefalu.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2016

Il Gabbiano is not to far from rail station,good for people...

Il Gabbiano is not to far from rail station,good for people arriving without car!

• Reviewed: 1 October 2015

Nice hotel.

Nice hotel. didn't get chance to explore the area as just used as a stop over between Palmermo airport and cefalu.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2015

Nice hotel

Poor location

Nice hotel

There are also 2 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Il Gabbiano traveller photo gallery