Reviews of Hotel Il Castelletto 2 stars

Via Dei Carraresi 27/29, Gianicolense, 00164 Rome, Italy

#718 of 921 hotels in Rome

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

enjoyable

i suspect my car was scrapped by hotel staff coz we had to give them keys to move our car if they needed other guests to get out but cant prove it

the reception lady was very helpful

All great 100% !!

Nothing;)

We liked everything. Hosts were great and helpful. Very kind, showed us how to move across the Rome. Location was exactly what we were looking for. Quiet but easy to reach city centre. Rooms are clean and towels etc are changed every day. We felt very welcome, we were able to store the luggage after we checked out and after we came back to collect it, host offered nice cappuccino;) Thank you very much, when we will back to Rome we will definitely stay with you guys;)

It's great even with younger children!
    • Family Room

The street going to the hotel is very narrow but doable.

The location had a few restaurants within walking distance as well a convenient stores and ice cream shops. Was great for our children. We paid 10 euro a day to park our car In the hotel area which is gated and never drove around Rome at all. We traveled everywhere with the buses and trams which is literally around the corner and was so much easier and faster then was explained. You can purchase bus tickets right at the reception desk for 1.50 per adult. We spent 6 euro for the whole day traveling with our two children who are 5 and 2. It was great! The staff was amazing, helpful and so kind!

The breakast in a form of Swedish table, free wifi, a bus...

The room was booked for two people with single beds, but we received the room with one double bed and a bunk bed. The breakfast was good, but when there were no people; when the last day appeared more guests, there was almost nothing to eat and there was only one person from the staff repsonsible for making a coffee, doing check-in and out, preparing the tables, providing the Swedish table with the food - as a result the breakfast took 1 hour. In the hotel there was a free wifi, but it didn't work in the room, which had really small windows, so it was very dark inside. The bathroom was very small and a shower also, almost impossible to move. In general, I wouldn't come back to this place.

The breakast in a form of Swedish table, free wifi, a bus stop nearby.

Good value for money, friendlyask the staff for directions it will help your stay loads!

It is a bit further from the centre than expected, eith piblic transport you either have to do a long crowded bus journey or bus and tube ( and the tube isn't a place I'd like to spend a lot of time in!). It took us a day or two to get used to the place. I actually walked to the Hotel from Termini station when I arrived ( crazy, I know lol) amd it's about two hours climbing a few big hills of course, but it gave me an awareness of the city and hotel's location. But don't be crazy and walk like me, just take Bus H from Termini and it will take you directly to te hotel with only a 2 min walk. Journey takes 40 min to 1 hr depending on traffic.

The room was clean and staff tidied it every day putting new towels as well, which was nice. The breakfast is worth the money - there is a good section of things and they make good coffee!

We were in march 2018.

We were in march 2018. It was warm in the room. Every day the room was cleaned. We turned back from the whole day walking to the clean and warm room :) very nice. Location is also ok. One bus and the city centre.

Friendly staff. Good value for money

The location was a little bit far from the center. The bus stop is close (3 minutes walk), but it takes a minimum of 30 minutes to get to the city center.

Comfortable beds. We were in march and the rooms were very warm and comfy. The breakfast was ok, not just croissants and sweets, a little more than the standard utalian breakfast. Very friendly staff.

Recommended and lovely hotel with valuable money wise

Very small room but that didn’t bother me.

Staff was very helpful specially Luca. I loved his passion when talking about Rome. I’ll never forget what he told me “Get your heart ready for Roma” and that happened immediately. Coffee was really good. Quite area.Very near to the bus station only 2 min walking..Simply it was a very lovely three nights 😊. Tip, use bus “H” and go to piazza Venezia bus station to go anywhere in city centre but for the Vatican use bus 889 in the opposite direction then the subway.

I highly recommend it.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

It's difficult to reach if you are not familiar with Rome's public transport system.

The staff was friendly, bed was comfortable, and unlimited breakfast was included in the price. The area of the hotel was also quite pleasant.

Great in general, we really enjoyed our stay.

You have to come to the breakfast early, otherwise there are no croissants left ;)

Friendly staff, fresh and tasty breakfast (with the best capuccino ever), room service every day.

Nice place, but so far from the center.

It was noisy in the room. It's really far away from city center (it takes about 1 hour to get to the center by public transport.) No kettle in the room.

Clean and large rooms, comfortable beds, good neibourhood.

This was a great stay, we ended up extending for another 3 days.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

There was no kettle to make my wife her breakfast cup of tea.

Staff have been amazing, place was a little old but very clean and comfortable. High recommend! Bus to the city close by and the Ice Cream shop on the way is to die for.

Tha property situated not in the center but you can get with...

Tha property situated not in the center but you can get with one bus to the center.(15-20 min ride to the center) the only problem is that there is no time scedule :-) we wait appx. 15 min. Parking is aviable on site. The room was clean and the bed was also ok.

Friendly Man

Well, I woyld expect a snall fridge in the room. However I did not check before I booked so it is my mistake!

Friendly staff, good english they speak, everyday cleaning was more what I expected. Thank you.

A good week, although spent 2 days away, exactly what I wanted and left a happy bunny!

The whole place could do with a little TLC - and suspect this will happen as new owners have recently acquired the property. I met the mother of the new owner who was very charming and suspect a makeover might occur soon!

A good "Italian" breakfast, taken al fresco if you desire, fantastic coffee prepared to order in traditional machine by Georgia, nice room if a little small, clean bathroom, good air conditioner. Not too much noise except one night (U2 playing at Olympic Stadium) - most of all helpful staff - Fabian and Georgia who handle reception duties. Hard to find two more approachable helpful people. Not too central but good bus connections nearby to St Peters and the centre of town.

The temperature in Rome can get extra hot, so the air...

The breakfast could be improved by a lot. I they would server food and not just sweets.

The temperature in Rome can get extra hot, so the air conditioning is a life saver! Cudos for that one!

Cosy little family hotel
    • Family Room

A simple very cute little hotel that completely lives up to what is promised on the web. Very nice family rooms. The owner Fabiano was very helpful and welcoming. A bit out of central Rome but with good connections to the center of Rome.

Great place to stay

There was nothing i didn't like.

Small family run bed and breakfast in a quiet residential area of Rome. Property is clean and they staff are very friendly. Breakfast is very good, it consists of Coffee, various Pastries, Cereal, toast, yoghurt, biscuits, chesses, There are a number of restaurants close by, also handy for buses into the city centre. It takes about 20 mins by bus into city centre. Value for money and I would recommend this hotel.

Out of town but an easy bus ride.

Communication was difficult even with basic Italian.

Out of town but an easy bus ride. Tickets available at the bar/tabbachi on the main drag. Be aware that the staff have little to no English so you need to be up on your basic Italian or things will get very interesting very quickly! Clean, tidy with an adequate breakfast. Another ideal location if budget is tight.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

A place where you can throw money

The property is not value for money. also they asked me to pay extra money ( as taxes ) !!! they took 3 euro per day taxes although my booking taxes inclusive. When i asked for my breakfast the owner of the property told me NO BREAKFAST !!!!! also my booking is breakfast inclusive . please refund me for this shit

Good place, will book again if we come back to Rome.

There was no connection to our room, the WIFI reception was not good, we had to get out of the room and to the reception area to use the internet.

Staff are really nice and helpful. Location is a bit far from the central but after a day or two travelling on the bus, we find that ok for 40 minutes to go to Rome. We love the place, the atmosphere and the room is comfortable. Very enjoyable stay.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Young couple who enjoyed their stay

The only thing that bothered us is the location, it's a bit far from the center, but in just one bus we arrived to every destination in Rome so it's not a deal breaker.

Very friendly staff, clean and tidy. As we got to the hotel, we received a map with explanations of every place in Rome. The breakfast was good enough to keep us walking about 3 hours until our bodies demanded more food. In conclusion, the hotel is a bit far from the center, but in very quiet neighborhood, everything is clean, the breakfast is not bad at all and the staff are willing to help you in everything you need.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

Great hotel

We were there for two nights. Our room was big and very clean, wifi worked like a charm and the staff was polite and helpful. It is well connected to the city centre (by public transport) and might be a good choice for people who want to stay in a quiet and friendly area in Rome.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Excellent, helpful staff, beautiful building, very good...

Excellent, helpful staff, beautiful building, very good breakfast, clean building, safe neighborhood. Take the A Metro to Ottaviano and then the 98 bus to get to the property.

Grazie mille!

The personnel was quite pleasant and helpful. Very clean and cozy rooms. Easy to travel to the center due to the closeness of several buss lines. The breakfast was plenty and diverse. Very quiet area. We felt tremendous and will recommend to others. ;) Grazie mille!

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Bad

Bad not recomended

I pay for a room no smoke and give me smoke when i make a complaint tell me the room bave smell y o detergent.the breakfast is open at 7am and regularly at 8am open.the staff is unfriendly and disagriably whit the customer the breakfast bad.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

Good place for one night

I was accomodatted in room 107, which is very small and looks like corridor rather than room. If you are overweghted it is almost impossible to have a shower. Shower cabin door is designed for people less than 70 kilos. It was quite a fight to get in there. It was even dangerous, since during having a shower you could easily rotate by mistake the water handle in the wrong direction. You can imagine what could happen.

Polite, helpful and friendly staff. Good breakfast. Clean and tidy.

The property is nice but the parking space we need to pay €10 and the location is not accessible.

The towel and linens are not so clean. There are stains.

The location and how it looks

Missing minibar

The location and how it looks

Room is very clean, breakfast was nice.

Room is very clean, breakfast was nice. The place is far from Roma center but has different bus options.

All was perfect just some problem with Wi-fi

Wi-fi didn't work in my room

All was perfect just some problem with Wi-fi

I have a great time in hotel Castelleto!

Actually everything was very good!

The hotel was very clean,the bar outside was nise,the receptionist created to many facilities

Very helpful staff and good value for money.

Friendly staff

Basic but very clean. Very helpfull & pleasant staff. Great bus route into Rome.

I liked everything & have no complaints.

Basic but clean. Pleasant & very helpfull staff. Close to amenities. Good bus route into Rome.

Very nice people and place.

Very nice people and place. Grazie mille

Good friendly people,clean and beautiful place .

I love everything , I stayed for a week I highly recommend this hotel

I like hotel it’s clean an well manteind and breakfast it’s also very good

It was cozy

Small bathroom, poor breakfast

It was cozy

Very friendly staff, really nice welcome.
    • Family Room

Very friendly staff, really nice welcome.

Really good value for money

Thin blankets and I felt a bit cold in the night

It’s a good location for me since my biz is just 800m away from the hotel. Overall high CP.

Should have water boiler at least...

Room is clean.

The staff is extremely kind and available
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The location is quite far from the city center

The staff is extremely kind and available

Perfect, for sure I'll be back

very clean, the staff very fliendly, breakfast is delicious.

the best hotel in the city

non

everything was right

Not bad.

Rooms are worn.

Staff was nice.

It was one night, but we will choose this hotel again next time i visit Rome..

The Staff is very friendly and nice to chat with.. They speak English and provide bus/tram tickets to buy..

Friendly and helpful staff

Friendly and helpful staff Calm place Clean room and good breakfast

Great staff, good breakfasts, clean rooms
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Far away from the city center (40 min by bus and metro)

Great staff, good breakfasts, clean rooms

Hotel deserves to be recommended. Good price, tasty breakfast, kind service, good location

Lekkie śniadania tzn jogourt, płatki, pyszne rogaliki.

Nice breakfast, comfortable rooms and very friendly personal

Nice breakfast, comfortable rooms and very friendly personal

A little far away from everything

Could not fault it, the staff were excellent it was clean and tidy and a very good price

Amazing coffee!

Amazing coffee! Good breakfast and very friendly staff. Close to bus stops, was easy to go downtown and the Vatican. I will come back again

The hotel staff are courteous and very friendly.

The hotel staff are courteous and very friendly. Provided info for visiting places. Good location. Recommend as good economy hote;

Good room bad rocation

It took an hour to go to the city center by bus and there was no subway around.

The room was nice and clean.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

This hotel not for staying for short time in Rome

Location- it's so far away from termini, bu public bus it's get about one hour!

Good and nice staffs

Good boutique hotel located far from city center

Location. Long way from city center

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Wi fi insufficiente

Wi fi insufficiente

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

Very good hotel

The price is cheap with very good services.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

SO SO
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

THIS WAS A MOULD IN MY ROOM.

I liked the breakfast and the clean beddings.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

Good accomodation for budget travelers
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

transportation is a tricky question to get in but others are quite great

Nice hotel, clean, comfortable and affordable with decent breakfast

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Best budget hotel

The breakfast could have been a bit more.

I like the location & cleanliness.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

We had a great time in Rome. Was amazing, saw everything we wanted to. Would definitely recommend th

Bathroom grout could of been cleaner

Really liked being close to all activities

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Great stay and value for money

The staff was very helpful with everything we needed, be it information about buses or any other issue we had.

• Reviewed: 15 May 2016

Check in is till midnight.

Shared bathroom. Staff doesn't speak English. If you're taller than 1.80 you can't go straight in your room or in bathroom. No sound isolation between rooms. Breakfast wasn't fresh.

Check in is till midnight. You can go out and in all night.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2016

Only stayed frome 10pm to 10am, got woken very early with...

Only stayed frome 10pm to 10am, got woken very early with noise from staff working and talking to each other loudly in the hallway, and people using stairway nxt to room too. Reception staff pleasant and helpful.

• Reviewed: 6 March 2016

Good location (15min walk from Cornelia metro station, 2min...

Lack of cutlery and plates, no electric kettle (not a problem if you eat out)

Good location (15min walk from Cornelia metro station, 2min to bus stop), very nice staff, really clean, and not expensive. Working WiFi. Delicious breakfasts!!!

• Reviewed: 11 December 2015

Very nice stuff!

Although it's quite close to Vatican it's pretty far from Rome downtown.

Very nice stuff! They were sweet and helping. For this price conditions were pretty good. The room was cleaned every morning.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2015

The outside looked lovely and it was close to buses and...

Very hard to find. Room for the kids was good but ours advertised a king bed which was only a double. Room was very small. Once bags were in the room you had to climb over the bed to get to the otherside. Very noisy. Hosts sat under our window drinking and smoking to early hours of the morning. No pressure for hot water and the shower head leaked straight down the wall so there was hardly any water coming out of the shower.

The outside looked lovely and it was close to buses and shops. The Grandmother running it was very friendly and helpful but limited English. Grandson had no understanding of English at all.

• Reviewed: 19 November 2015

We print the check in for flight for free.

Bad connection, always dropping. No cleanning at all, bathroom do dirtt. No Way of take a bath there. Bed to bad and 2 singles mattresses to a couple bed.mattresses in trully bad shape. We just change the night because it was too late.

We print the check in for flight for free.we fulfill Our water bottles for free.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2015

free wifi in the room

near 40 minutes to the center ((((( but the hotel is so comfortable, so it is not a minus

free wifi in the room airconditioning bus from termini right to the hotel

• Reviewed: 9 November 2015

The beds were pretty comfortable.

There were a small mark of mold on the wall.

The beds were pretty comfortable. Breakfast was enough as they brought more if something ran out but it was only sweet stuff so after 2-3 breakfasts it started to be really boring.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2015

1. Il Castelletto it's not a hotel it's B&B -...

1. Il Castelletto it's not a hotel it's B&B - hotel only in name 2. 50 min. by bus from City Centre it's way too long. 3. Breakfast it's only by the name, few toasts, some sweet croissants, no fresh fruits, no vegetables, no meat, no hot breakfast. 4. One very bad situation when after coming back from whole day out, doors to the room had been left open by room service - VERY BAD SERVICES (it's a miracle that nothing was missing!).

• Reviewed: 28 October 2015

I liked that they gave us a map with the main spots to go...

The room smelt, they wanted to clean the room at 9am and the cleaners were talking loudly outside our room, one of the sheets had a massive stain on it. The staff seemed rude beside 1 person we spoke to. Breakfast was very mimited.

I liked that they gave us a map with the main spots to go and bus routes

• Reviewed: 8 September 2015

Only thing is cheap.

This otel is ver far from city center. You have to use "ONLY bus" OR "BUS TO METRO station" . You can not enjoy a lot becuase of metro schedules.

Only thing is cheap.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2015

The hotel is situated in a quiet residental neighborhood but...

The beds are not so comfortable.

The hotel is situated in a quiet residental neighborhood but has good bus connections to various areas in Rome (Termini, Vatican City, etc...). Very good Wifi and air conditioning.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2015

Useful information about places of interests with routs on...

Useful information about places of interests with routs on map was performed just after arrival. Check-out in 5 a.m. was without problem (just drop key into mailbox). Good location (near final station bus H till Roma Termini station)

There are also 27 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.