Reviews of Hotel Isa 4 stars

Via Cicerone 39, Vatican City - Prati, 00193 Rome, Italy

#104 of 965 hotels in Rome

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Great location and superb staff
    • Exclusive Double Room with Spa Bath

Breakfast like many Italian hotels runs out of food if you come at the last hour they are serving. Also, after 9am there is limited hot water. This was very surprising with the cost of the hotel.

Location is great, not too close to the Vatican and accessible to the shopping district and east river sites. The neighborhood is safe and great area to run/exercise. The view from the roof top is incredible and Willy who works at night is superb.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Very good breakfast on the roof terrace!

As expected when living this central, a bit noisy. At times a bad smell in the bathroom, probably from the pluming?

Very good breakfast on the roof terrace! This terrace is also a bar in the evening. Very nice place to enjoy a drink, the view of St. Peters Curch both morning and night, and the sunset! Friendly staff. Nice and clean hotel.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Romantic :)

The upgrade I thought was complimentary we were charged $100 Euro/night, this was not known upon check in.

The included breakfast was AMAZING! It's on the rooftop with stunning sunrise views. The food was phenomenal, we loved the prosecco and cappucino every morning. The food though, wow. We loved this place! The hotel is beautiful and in an excellent location. We loved our room and the staff were lovely.

Fabulous Hotel

We loved Everything. Fabulous room, great bathroom. All staff really friendly especially our maid and the breakfast staff and Bar man. Nothing was too much trouble and no one seemed stressed. A very calm, professional hotel. We loved the roof terrace and watching the little birds fly in and eat the crumbs. Probably the nicest hotel we’ve ever stayed at.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Fabulous last night in Rome - this is the place to be

Loved the roof top bar, the room was really nice and spacious. The free drink for the bar was a really nice touch. Recommendations for eating were also great.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Good location and good service. Compared to other European hotel, this is in "best value" catagory

hotel elevator is aged and you need to climb a few steps to reach that. It is the only things but you do expect that in Europe. Not bad.

It is very convenient and located in a good area near Vatican City. It is within walking distance to metro and many tourist attractions. Moreover, there is a Bus Shuttle to airport within 5 min walking distance. Restaurants around hotel are reasonable without premium for tourists. We will for sure use this hotel again as long as price is reasonable as now.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Lovely hotel we had two connecting rooms with balcony’s on...
    • Two Connecting Double Rooms

Lovely hotel we had two connecting rooms with balcony’s on both rooms. The rooftop terrace was wonderful and the bar tender called willy was just fantastic, he is a real asset to the hotel. The staff were brilliant and always happy to help. We had a fab holiday in a hotel well placed for all sightseeing

Excelent! Looking to come back.

The rain and the wetb wether

The room was clean and confortable; breakfast tasty with many fresh fruits, cheese and excelent coffe. I will note the receptoonists understanding for an early check in or a late check out. The entire stay was very pleaseant! Thank you!

Great boutique Hotel in an excellent location!

Nothing, everything was great.

Excellent hotel and great value for money! Located just near Piazza Cavour which is a short 15-20 minute walk to most central areas such as: Piazza Navona, Via Del Corso / Piazza Espagna and the Vatican. The staff were super nice and always helpful with everything we needed. The hotel is very clean and very well maintained, it has a very nice rooftop bar in which breakfast is served in morning and drinks and snacks at evening. I was travlling with my father, the room we received at first was pretty small, and I felt that it didn't reflect the photos from the website. I kindly asked the front desk if there is another available room and immediately I was offered a larger room with a better view at no extra cost. Wonderful service! Overall we absolutely loved our stay at Hotel Isa and I will definitely recommend it to friends who are considering travelling to Rome.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

When we arrived at Hotel Isa, we were greeted by their very...

When we arrived at Hotel Isa, we were greeted by their very friendly staff, and directed to the rooftop bar for our welcome drink. The decor in the hotel was beautiful, modern and also classic, the rooms were spacious and clean and were as pictured on their website. The best part of our stay was the view from the rooftop and our very attentive server Willy. This was our home away from home in Rome. Can't wait to return.

Beautiful hotel.

The bathroom door is a pocket door that doesn't offer total privacy.

Beautiful hotel. Great location. Super clean. Had a corner room with windows on two sides of the building offering a beautiful view of the Basilica. With the windows open you could hear church bells and the people down below. The location is close to everything you like to see in Rome but located on a calmer street. The breakfast was amazing and is served on the top floor with an open Terrace. Again, views of Vatican City were incredible.

Lovely place for a couple or a long stay in Rome! Would definitely stay here again.

- Everything was lovely

- Room was clean and spacious with an outside balcony - Lovely interior design with modern touches - Breakfast which was included in the cost was great value and delicious. The rooftop was a beautiful setting to have breakfast and a great way to start the day.

Wonderful!

I asked for a view from my balcony never expecting it looked into another building. I wanted to look into the street side.

Room was extremely comfortable and very clean. The housekeeping staff were wonderful.

Lovely vacation

Too much water on the floor after having shower

Great location, excellent breakfest with prosecco, proffetional staff - they didn't forget to congratulate with birthday my husband:)

A gem of a hotel in a beautiful city

Liked everything

The hotel has a very good breakfast choice and the breakfast venue is lovely with a piano player providing relaxing music. The roof top bar is an excellent setting to start and finish your evening.

Hotel Isa exceeded our expectations both in terms of hotel...

Hotel Isa exceeded our expectations both in terms of hotel services and room qualities. The hotel staff is extra helpful. The hotel is centrally located coupled with several public transportation facilities nearby (metro and buses) but also not in the middle of the heavily burdened tourist areas, so it is quiet. It looks nice, new, the breakfast place on the roof terrace is simply great. Everything is clean. Our room was a standard bedroom with 2 beds on the 5th floor, it was stylish and well-equiped, the bed convenient, hot water always available. The breakfast itself was rich, the sortiment rewarding, and the staff showing Italian hospitality. Airport transport was also very good: reliable and on time. We had great experience with the hotel, we enjoyed our stay a lot, we definitely recommend it.

The Hotel Isa is a stylish and comfortable hotel on the...

The Hotel Isa is a stylish and comfortable hotel on the Trastevere side of the river. The staff are very helpful and the furnishings and rooms stylish. Thanks for a great stay.

Second visit will be back

The fact that we only had 2 nights

Large clean rooms.Excellent breakfast with great helpful staff nice to have very talented pianist playing during breakfast.Willy the barman at rooftop bar is tip man.

Unbelievable! Will 100% be staying at this hotel next time we come to Rome!!

-Nothing to comment on

-Very comfy bed -Staff extra friendly and let us check in early as our room was ready -Breakfast was delicious -Views were just as described -Room was kept constantly clean -Ideal location

We loved the Hotel Isa and we will be back.

TV Reception was very poor. Obviously we didn't travel to Rome to watch TV but with young children before bed time for distraction or in general viewing at the end of the day or the early start of the day. but no luck.

The breakfast offered a comprehensive range of foods to suit all ages and cultures. The staff were most helpful and respectful.

Beautiful hotel.

The staff was not always helpful with information on traveling around Rome. I would have liked coffee or tea in the room as with many of the other hotels we booked.

The breakfast was outstanding and the room very clean. It is a beautiful hotel. The buses were located across the street, so Rome was easy to get around.

Choose another hotel if you want a comfortable restful night's sleep.

We paid for a premium room and were very disappointed. The bed and pillows were much too firm. It felt as though we were sleeping on a box Spring instead of a mattress. Both my wife and I felt achy and unrested each morning. Having a comfortable restful night's sleep while traveling is very important to us. I would not recommend this hotel if you are looking forward to a restful night's sleep.

The hotel was clean. We were within walking distance to the Vatican, public transportation, shopping, restaurants, and dessert shops.

We celebrated my 50th birthday in Rome, and had a truly memorable trip, thanks to all at the Isa.

The roof top restaurant and bar was a great asset to the accommodation with views over the city. Walking distance to attractions and it felt a very safe area to stay in. We had a fabulous time, couldn't fault it.

The reception staff during our four night stay were...

The reception staff during our four night stay were extremely helpful and courteous. The room was as per the photos, and a special surprise was how extensive was the breakfast buffet, including a staffer omelette bar. Would recommend this to anyone staying in Rome. Even the elevator was a delight (old style), but please note that a person with a walking disability would be challenged to access the lift.

Beautiful, modern hotel

We got a more old fashioned room than most of the Ines advertised that didn't go with the rest of the hotel so much

Piano accompaniment at breakfast was amazing

Hotel location is excellent, 10-15 to all sightseeings.
    • Two Connecting Double Rooms

Nothing, everuthing was perfect!

Hotel location is excellent, 10-15 to all sightseeings.hotel staff was very helpful and attentive. Breakfast was at garden terrace with Vatican view. It was my birthday, so i got present from hotel. Thank you very much hotel Isa for made our family trip unforgettable.

BAD EXPERIENCE

Getting the room we booked and paid for

The room we booked with Bookings was " unavailable" when we arrived. They statement Bookings should not have booked that type of room. We needed to beds, Booked and paid for, when we arrived, not available but would move us the next day. Room was horrible, couldn't sleep( requested upper floor) and no internet. I have them reset the server 3 times. The room is too far from server. Moved again for the 3rd night. Room and internet was great, but all problems were way to much, charged way too much for the problems. Would NOT recommend to anyone

Good stay and will like to go back to stay in same hotel

There was a bit of odor that was not clear where it was coming from and my room was promptly changedv

The cooperation of the staff to Chang my room when required.

I enjoyed my stay and would returnto this hotel again. Staff were friendly and helpful

Room size.

Location was excellent. It was near the Vatican and within walking distance of shops restuarants and many atractions. As I was travelling alone I felt that the hotel was in a very safe area. My room was a little on the small side and when I opened the window there was a lot of noise from the street. Breakfast was great with alot of variety including a chef cooking fresh omelettes and eggs to your taste which was a bonus.

Location was fabulous - a good walking distance from a vast...

Somehow I managed to book the hotel for just one person, when there were always two of us travelling. I only realised when I looked at the booking confirmation 2 days before arrival. I emailed and was told that the extra person was €30 per night. I feel that is expensive for one extra breakfast. I talked to the receptionist when we were there and he was not prepared to reduce it. I accept there is an element of user-error here and I take my share of the blame, but the charge seemed excessive and for some reason the booking.com site did not help me to spot my error when I made the booking. So my fault, but the hotel was not receptive to assisting me. It didn't have to be helpful, as the hotel was right and I was wrong - but I still feel hard done by. The temperature in the bedroom was far too hot. We thought we had resolved it on the second night but the third night was just as bad. The controls for the aircon are not easily understood.

Location was fabulous - a good walking distance from a vast majority of the major sites in Rome. Nice looking room, although the shower was very weak. The breakfast room was great on the top floor, and it was a nice place to have a drink in the evening - with a great view of the floodlit Vatican cupola. Willy the barman was really nice and very friendly.

A very pleasant hotel within walking distance to the Vatican Museums & St Peters Basillica

Nothing - it was all most enjoyable

The breakfast buffet was very good. The rooftop bar was excellent with friendly personable staff (Willie in particular) and a really nice way to relax after walking around the tourist attractions for most of the day. Would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Rome

Great location but clostrophobic rooms with no view.

Very small rooms. We changed our room after the first night to a slightly bigger room, still we did not have a good view of the city. The hotel definately looks much better in pictures than reality.

Great location, all the touristic sites and restaurants were walking distance. The hotel is also very close to airport shuttle stop, which was a great convinience. The breakfast was great with high quality items. Helpful staff.

Perfect in every way

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfasts were delicious with a huge choice and cooked breakfast to your liking. We sat on the sunny rooftop terrace in November with amazing views to St Peters. The location was excellent with easy walking to castell st angelo and St Peters. All other attractions were walkable. We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Poor value

Poor value for rate of room. Superior room had shower which did not work properly, a wall hair dryer which got so hot it burnt your hand and nowhere to store anything in the room or bathroom except one tiny cupboard. No restaurant facility in the evening.

The breakfast and bar terrace The quality and choice of breakfast offered The location in central Rome within walking distance of most major sights The friendliness of staff

Hotel Issa is a fabulous place to stay in Rome.

Everything was just wonderful. One minor detail: Let guests know that one must put the room card in the slot inside the room in order to turn the lights on!

The rooftop lounge was absolutely amazing, both for sunset drinks overlooking the Vatican and the incredibly delicious and stylishly arranged breakfast in the morning. The hotel design includes a beautiful combination of classic and contemporary Roman art- it is like living and dining in a modern Roman Villa high above the city!

Excellent hotel and we will return.

nothing.

The staff are very friendly and knowledgeable about the city. Breakfast is fantastic on the roof top - very good quality and great selection including omelettes/eggs made to order. Service is top notch. Lovely roof top bar. Airport shuttle bus stops a few mins walk away. There is also a bus stop opposite the hotel to take you to the forum etc

Wonderful City, so much to see!

There was no dinner available in the restaurant in the evenings, only a bar!

The staff were excellent and helpful. It was in an excellent location for Vatican and touring Rome.

Two neighboring rooms can be connected via a balcony or a...
    • Two Connecting Double Rooms

No coffee machine or coffee tools for self-preparing on breakfast.

Two neighboring rooms can be connected via a balcony or a common hall. Actually, I turned 2 double rooms in a 2 bedroom suite. The hotel close to Vatican and Tiber. Cosy restaurant on the top floor with a facinating view.

Great holidays at Rome thanx to Isa

I cannot find even one bad word about the hotel.

Hotel is realy very nice and comfortable. We spent 10 gorgeous days there. Everybody from the staff is everytime smiling and friendly. The location is perfect and the bus stop is opposite the hotel so no problem to take it anytime. What must be realy highlighted is the terrace. Place where you have everyday delicious breakfest and in the evening you can spend romantic time with lovely view on St. Peter's Basilica. And the barman Willy will make your time unforgettable. He is so kind, friendly and hearty. We do like him so much. We will spend our next holidays again at this hotel for sure and looking forward to meet him again.

Overall it was a good experience and suited our purpose traveling with small children

My niece complained that the bacon was not replenished (smile) which was true , but it was not that big a deal

Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the man who checked us in but he was very friendly. The others were ok but he was really good. And the housekeeper was also very pleasant. The view from the restaurant

Excellent break and our hotel helped to ensure this

Breakfast was excellent wide range of food available.The staff were very obliging and keen to assist The ambience was restful great location beautiful restaurants nearby beautiful square at night relaxing to sit or go for s short walk We felt safe in his part of city.

Great place to stay for a visit to Rome!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Could use better bath/shower products, but this isn’t an issue if you bring your own.

We loved having delicious breakfasts on the rooftop terrace with a view of St Peter’s Basilica. Our room was very clean and quiet. Nice neighborhood.

The staff didn't return my dress

The staff of the hotel is not trustworthy. I contacted them a few hours after I checked out because I had forgotten a dress in the closet. They tried to convince me that nothing was found in the room. I guess they liked my new Armani dress...

Not My Favorite Hotel

Some of the staff on the registration desk were very rude in communicating. There was only one elevator for the hotel and it could only hold 3-4 people at a time plus it was slow. The cleaning staff were short on toiletries and substituted shampoo for shower gel.

The breakfast wall very good. The kitchen staff was great. The top floor deck was awesome. The building was clean.

Excellent location and helpful staff

The breakfast and view was fabulous on the rooftop terrace, as well as evening "aperativo". Staff friendly and helpful. Nice sized bathroom.

Rooftop breakfast

The rooftop terrace is great, it was very nice to start each day in Rome with a view to St. Peter's Basilica. The staff is extremely helpful and hospitable, it was always a pleasure to interact with them.

Rome ISA like home

Selection of TV stations limited, but then there is so much else to do in Rome.

Staff were friendly and very helpful. They surprised my wife with complementary Prosecco and Candies for her birthday. Breakfast and evening drinks on the roof a delight for quality, breeze and the view. Hotel was in excellent location for Vatican, Tiber and central areas to walk to.

A friendly oasis inside of the Roman chaos
    • Two Connecting Double Rooms

Not having to venture outside on the tiny walkway to get to our rooms. If you don't like heights (I do not) you won't get to the room with less than 120 heart beats per minute.

Extra friendly oasis in the summer chaos of Rome. On the Vatican side of The Tiber it is almost like you're in a different world than the bulging hordes clustered around ancient Rome. Rooms are quirky, elevator from the 30s but staff are lovely. BIG shout outs for Willy.....worth the cost of the entire stay. Wonderful outside breakfast on the terrace overlooking St Peters is a fond memory.

Lovely Hotel!

There is no room service or restaurant in the hotel, so you only have snacks available. This is the only downfall.

The hotel is in a quiet but very lovely location of the city that you probably wouldn't explore otherwise. Lots of great restaurant choices!

Great Place to stay and explore Rome!

Excellent Staff, from reception to Willy up on the roof Terrace...which is Fabulous! We were also celebrating our 25th Wedding anniversary and the Hotel had laid on a Bottle of Bubbly!! Will stay here on our return visit! Rome was Fantastic!

The icing on the cake after a magical week on the Amalfi coast and our last night in Italy

The roof top terrace and the way it is set up is just wonderfully comfortable and comfortable outdoor or indoor seating so comfy . Our Server, Willy, is a gem and so funny and attentive. The breakfast that is included in the morning on the roof top terrace was " over the top for the " foodies" that j was with ! Hot and cold items . Spotless room and well appointed ! Loved our room !

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Hotel Isa Review
    • Two Connecting Double Rooms

We had two rooms. Our kids shared a room with two twin beds and a bathroom, and we had a room with a double bed and bathroom. The bathroom and shower were extremely small. We are small people, and taking a shower was uncomfortable. When you opened the door to the bathroom, it hit the toilet. Only one person could use the bathroom at a time, and only with the door closed. Otherwise, there was no room.

Hotel Isa had a very good breakfast buffet with beautiful views of the Justice Building and Vatican at the top of the hotel rooftop. The neighborhood was very nice and clean with lots of restaurants within walking distance.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Very convenient location between Vatican/St Paul's...

Hotel bar/lounge is closed on Sundays so you need leave the hotel for a beverage. Rooms facing the main street are a bit noisy.

Very convenient location between Vatican/St Paul's and the downtown sites (Coliseum, Forum, etc). Nice neighborhood to walk around and explore. Hotel staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfasts were great.

Beautiful roof terrace.

Thin walls so the room was a little noisy. The room also got a little warm and stuffy at night.

Beautiful roof terrace. Great location. Really friendly and welcoming staff.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Wonderful Roman Hotel!!!!!

We arrived a couple of hours before normal check-in time but a simple request made through booking.com accommodated our arrival. Reception staff very friendly. Housekeeping staff were excellent and very welcoming. Room was very suitable for our needs. Breakfast on the roof was an lovely experience! Large selection of breads, pastries, cheeses,hams,fresh fruit and cooked items. Coffees and omelettes made to order! Staff were very attentive! Located between Via Cola Di Rienzo and Piazza Cavour this is a beautiful location! We will be returning to this beautiful hotel on our next visit to Rome!

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

Lovely stay at Hotel Isa

Room could have been slightly better decorated

The breakfast was lovely and fresh and setting was beautiful with views over the basilica - outside terrace was lovely too if weather was good (which ours was). Apertivo at night was a nice touch. Bar Lumiere next door was lovely too. This hotel represents good value for money in a European capital city.

Very friendly and helpful staff, wonderful views from the...

Only 1 pillow on each bed, 2 would have been a little more comfortable.

Very friendly and helpful staff, wonderful views from the terrace and amazing breakfast - which includes prosecco, a very nice touch!

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Hotel, central to all the major sights.

We had a room facing the road, very noisy, the rooms needed soundproofing, every time the guest used the bathroom we could hear!

Breakfast was super, they had gluten free bread on request.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

a pleasant 3 day stay in Rome

the stairs to the breakfast terrace are difficult for someone less mobile

The barman was wonderfully friendly and welcoming every evening and front desk staff were well informed

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

Staff very friendly.

Not really significant issue but facilities (room, bathroo) rather old. Although breakfast good, i wouldnt say it excellent as published in booking.com

Staff very friendly. Good location, a lot of options for restaurants/bars

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

Amazing!

No faults really just more of a suggestion, it would have been nice for the roof top bar to be open during the day to be able to get drinks. The only thing that was missing was the facillities to get tea or coffee or drinks in the hotel.

Loved this hotel! The veiw from the roof top bar was amazing!

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Family guests can enhance its joyness.
    • Two Connecting Double Rooms

Internet access were disconnected so often.

Roof top breakfast is very good. We stayed a connecting room. Very convenient for family guests. Old fashioned elevator increased our joyless.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Friendly staff, good location, but a little over priced!

The bathroom in Room 400 was very small and after flushing the toilet you could hear water running in the bedroom for some time afterwards. There was also often a smell of sewers in the room. Although the bed was really comfy the room itself was also on the small side and I didn't think it was worth 4 stars. Other rooms may have been bigger. It was good having a modern TV in the room but it was a shame there was not one English speaking channel freely available. A CNN or BBC channel would have been a nice touch.

Breakfast was very good with a good selection of food. Tip: If you like good coffee, don't use the machine but order it where you order your eggs etc. from. Excellent coffee! The rooftop bar was a great addition and gave an excellent view over the Vatican. The staff were all very friendly and extremely helpful.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

very close to Vatican, quite area with plenty shops and...

very close to Vatican, quite area with plenty shops and restaurants. Recommend to stay if you want to avoid chaos in the Rome City center. Roof top view is good. You can see the st. Pietro basilica.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Lovely stay at hotel ISA

The hotel is located not far from the Vatican. Everything on our itinerary was within walking distance, 40 minutes max. We arrived at the hotel exactly at noon, 3 hours before check in time. We were quite surprised to find that the room was ready and that we were upgraded to a deluxe room (#310), which was a wonderful way to start our vacation. The deluxe room was large, which was a welcomed surprise, as the rooms in Rome tend to be on the small side. This room had a small balcony overlooking the internal courtyard, which was perfect for us as we asked for a quiet room upon booking. As other reviewers have mentioned, the breakfast was superb, food was fresh with plenty to pick from. A true continental breakfast, which provided a great boost for a day of walking. The breakfast takes place on the roof, which is also a nice touch. As far as I'm concerned, the breakfast is one of the hotel's greatest selling points. As far as noise, the hotel is fairly quiet. We didn't hear people going up and down, as the elevator is whisper quiet and the room is fairly soundproof. With the windows closed at night, we did not notice any noise from the street or from within the hotel till about 7am, and even then it didn't bother us, as it was weak and muffled. The hotel staff, from the front desk to the cleaning lady and the breakfast team, were very kind and helpful.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Great for everything apart from sleeping
    • Deluxe Double Room

Air con was inneffective and door to balcony is left open instead. The courtyard it overlooks is very noisy. Like clockwork, you'll be woken up every morning at 6am.

Lovely room. Rooftop bar is great for prinks — great view, nice cocktails and very generous with the nibbles. Staff are excellent.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

Great hotel base to see Rome and relax.

Could not get the air conditioner in our room to work. We did not ask for help.

The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The rooftop bar and breakfast was outstanding. The location of the hotel is perfect for visiting most of the key attractions of Rome. There is an amazing array of excellent restaurants within a short walking distance from hotel.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Disappointed with room facilities

The rooms were disappointing and not up to a reasonable standard for a 4 star hotel. Our first room (room #301,which we moved from after the first night) was said to have been refurbished, but there was nothing modern in the room. The refurbishment appears to have been adding orange 'design' features. The layout of the room was very strange with the bed angling into the room from a corner, surrounded by mirrors. It was not a relaxing or comfortable room. We moved to a different room which was more tastefully decorated with a more conventional layout. However, both rooms we stayed in had the following niggles, which I don't think should be expected from a 4 star hotel: The internal door lock didn't work, there was no key for the safe, there was nowhere to keep toiletries in the shower, there was inadequate hot water and no bathroom ventilation, there was no way to control the room temperature (apart from windows), the walls were paper thin in that when somebody used the bathroom in the room next door it sounded as though it was coming from our bathroom. There are a lot of good reviews of this hotel which is why we chose it, but for us, the communal areas and the rooms were from two different hotels - one 4 star and the other, 3 star at best!

The communal areas (reception and lobby) were very nicely decorated and well looked after. Good choice of foods at breakfast. The staff changed our room without any fuss when we said we weren't happy with it. Very good location for getting around Rome with nice places to eat nearby. We were surprised with a complimentary bottle of prosecco due to it being our honeymoon - a nice touch.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

Hotel Isa complimented the beauty of Rome!

The staff was friendly, hard working, and informative. The location was perfect to walk to nearby shops, sights, and wonderful restaurants. We especially liked evening drinks at the bar located on top of the hotel. Special thanks to Willi the bartender who never failed to make the most delicious drinks that just added to our wonderful stay at Hotel Isa.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Amazing Stay at Hotel Isa

There was nothing we didn't like.

The room, balcony (we were on the 5th floor), rooftop terrace with amazing view of St. Peter's Basilica. Best bartender, kind staff at reception. Breakfast and coffee! And of course the location...

The shower in the ensuite was not powerful enough

The shower in the ensuite was not powerful enough

Most beautiful room, incrediblly clean and great decor.
    • Exclusive Double Room with Spa Bath

Most beautiful room, incrediblly clean and great decor.

Awesome Isa hotel. Great location

Awesome location. Very good quality and service. Like breakfast. Very helpful front desk. Would stay again

Centrally located

When we initially got there our reservation wasn't there and it was 1am

Centrally located

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Everything perfect - nothing to claim. Spezially Daniele from the reception made a marvelous job :-)

Browse Hotel Isa traveller photo gallery