Reviews of Best Western La Baia 3 stars

Via Vittorio Veneto, 29, Bari Palese, 70128 Bari, Italy

#18 of 32 hotels in Bari

It was a mistake to choose this place because it is far from the centre of Bari and on Sunday the centre was actually unreachable without a car, and there’s not much to do in Palese on Sunday evening. The internet connection was vert weak. And as a surprise, there was an extremely loud continuous knocking (as if someone were knocking on the door) early in the morning. It’s not at the seaside at all, the photos do not reflect the reality.

The breakfast on a terrace was very nice with friendly staff.

Everything was perfect, quick check in, good rooms and the most important they were clean, good position near sea airport and port, free parking for the car ( very important in italy) and many choices of breakfast and happy people... very good

The restaurant was closed so we had to find somewhere to eat dinner. Lucky there was a restaurant 300 meters from the hotel on the ocean. The breakfast room doesn’t open early enough if you have a early flight to catch in the morning. No information about breakfast

It was what we were expecting.

Breakfast was served on the top floor either inside or outside, the choice was good and the staff were efficient and friendly. It was located close to the airport, ideal for late flight arrivals.

When we checked in the female at reception argued about the pre-auth on my credit card. I had expressly forbidden any pre-charges on my Visa card as I intended to pay with another € card. A stand up argument occurred. To top it off the room had a foul sewerage smell. No restaurants anywhere near this hotel.

Close to the airport. Room was clean. The lady on reception in the afternoon and the young man we’re both very polite.

Small parking-lot

Considering its location (close to the airport rather than Bari city center) the hotel surpassed our expectations: clean, nice and helpful staff, more than decent breakfast and possibility of a nice dinner.

• Standard Twin Room

The wifi was odd, we each had to log in with a different password which took a while to figure out. We arrived late and waited until morning to get the other password, when we understood the problem.

Excellent breakfast, fresh and delicious

Booking.com should improve the communication to the hotel. The announced 3 single bedroom turned out to be a double plus a single, but it was not passed on to the hotel.

Superb view for breakfast! Very friendly staff at reception and at breakfast.

The bathroom sink had a very strong odor of sulfur.

Entire staff was friendly and excellent. Very good location for me. Easy to find. Parking very good. Plenty of food for breakfast. Very comfortable bed.

Bad sound isolation.

Most of all i liked the restaurant in this hotel, it has a wonderful sea view. The breakfast is fine, nice coffee. Staff is really friendly. The bed was very comfortable. The hotel has elevator. Really a nice place to stay after or before the flight. Not far from the airport and the city of Bari can be reached easily by train.

The bed mattresses & pillows were hard and thin - could use more cushion and comfort. Could have had a wider selection for breakfast, but overall good with a very friendly staff. Public transportation was cheap & easy (1€ bus ride one-way. Make sure to buy from the tabacchino store around the corner so it’s cheaper than buying on the bus), but it took us an hour just to get to the Downtown centro (with a handful of stops along the way, plus traffic into the city), so I would consider staying closer to the city center next time. WiFi lasts for 6 hours at a time so you have to go ask the reception for a new username/password each time it expires.

Excellent service & very kind staff who spoke English well. The reception staff was very friendly and informative who took the time to guide us in the right direction for day trip ideas. I liked that there were nearby restaurants for late night dinner for our late arrival. Reception desk is open 24 hours with a late night bar in the next room. They were kind to let us leave our bags in a locked room while we explored the city on the day of our check-out. They also scheduled our taxi pick-up to the airport which was less than a 10 minutes drive away, for 15€. A taxi to or from the centro cost us 25€.

The weather had turned very windy and stormy and this had apparently affected wifi availability in the area but I suppose that was not the fault of the hotel. The lady on reception was very helpful. Strange lighting system in bedroom--supposed to be ultra modern, I guess but didn't do it for us!

Close proximity to airport for early morning flight. Very nice breakfast with plenty of choice. Nice large room.

We didn't particularly like the Bari area, but hotel was quite good.

Breakfast and cafe was included with the room, and the 3rd floor restaurant had an extremely nice view of the Med. Open from 06:00 to 10:00 for a relaxing meal. Small supermarket, deli, pizza, and other shops not far away. The front desk had good English skills, and were extremely helpful.

Angela and Barbara were very helpful at the reception; Servers at the breakfast facility were also extremely helpful. All in all we had a great experience.

We stayed at this hotel for one night as we were catching the ferry to Dubrovnik. The location was perfect, very close to the beach. Angela on reception was extremely helpful and nothing was too much trouble. We arrived early (11am) and we're thrilled when told we could access our room. The room was spacious and the bed comfortable, the bathroom and shower are also good. There is a fridge in the room and it has a/c. For lunch we walked to the beach and had a pleasant meal at Restaurant L' ancora. The next day we had a lovely breakfast (included) in the hotel restaurant and returned there for lunch, which was fabulous and not expensive. Daniele the chef was also very helpful during our stay. We would recommend a stay here if you're planning on crossing the Adriatic to Croatia.

• Standard Twin Room

roof top lounge not open most nights, no entertainment at all in the hotel and a long way to go for a night out in Bari. No pool facility although it is advertised on the hotel web site. Staff however the staff were friendly and very helpful.

roof top balcony for breakfast

Good quality hotel with its own restaurant. We had dinner at the restaurant and the fish was very good and the service excellent. Location near sea good for a quick walk at this time of year.

Room was noisy with sound from mini-fridge and A/C. We unplugged the fridge and turned the fan down on the A/C, which made it more pleasant. We heard our neighbor in the next room, however, through the wall and door.

The location is great. Price is great. Design of building is very nice.

• Double Room (1 Adult)

the beggining was..not pleasant. after I got lost walking from the airport (that's my mistake) and had a difficult time finding someone to explain in English how can I get to the hotel I found out of the ugly surprise from the hotel staff. the beautiful lady that was at the time at the front-office (she really has her charm and an actress look) told me these "sweet words": "Your room is not ready".Although it was check-in time. I am not the type of person to make a scene but it leaved a bitter taste. About the city: Bari is not a destination for foreigners. You almost have to beg to be served if you don't speak Italian. I had some bad experiences with restaurants staff, at one of them the waiters preffered to just small chat with each other than trying to make me feel comfortable. Also the owner was really angry when he saw that I pay with card although I asked from the beggining. They are reluctant to speaking English and very few places accept paying cashless. After those bad experiences I preffered to spend less and less. I started to learn where the supermakets are, by the way there is one at 400 metres from the hotel: Alter Discount. Should I say that the police officer at the passports office at the airport at leaving was rude? It completes the picture. I was starting to become nervous: he wasn't saying anything for 3-4 minutes, I started to ask myself wether is a problem with my documents or anythin'. Finally he returned the documents and said a bored "Prego".I don't need your "Prego", you can eat it.. I probably won't visit Italy again. My hard earned cash deserves more respect

I liked the following: the staff from the hotel (especially the slim guy from restaurant and the slim lady from front-office), the breakfast, the closiness to sea..the area is really quiet and suitable for romantic walks. I would say Bari Parese it's a good destination for introverts, people that like peace and sea. In the center of the city different story. The center is very crowded and I think a big minus is that it seems there are no restrictions for cars.

• Standard Twin Room

No tea/coffee making facility in room, had to get it from bar. then expected to pay for it? Not enough staff serving breakfast, had to wait a long time for coffee, and had had to leave it for our taxi to take us to the airport.

Good location for the airport. nice rooftop restaurant.

No tea and coffee facilities in room and bar wasn't open until 7pm so not able to get a drink till then unless you want to use a vending machine. Bed was very uncomfortable so didn't sleep very well.

Close to airport and breakfast was good. Staff were friendly and efficient.

They location is a bit far from the center of Bari - but close to the airport.

There was a great breakfast included and our room was clean and all we needed. The staff organised a taxi to get us to town also.

all ok for 3 star all you needed fridge very noisy at night loo roll empty , ight bulb out.

coffee fantastic breakfast excellent, waiter lovely accomodating

• Standard Twin Room

Parking is very small never got a place inside at night as it was always full. Had to park outside the hotel premises. Towels are only changed every otherday.

The staff makes your breakfast very welcoming and they try in every way to give you anything you ask for within their limitations. The waiter one morning kept some chocolate croissants for me as the day before I didn't make it in time to get some. That made my day !

Good location. A couple of blocks from a great pizzeria (ask for the focaccia barese) and the sea. Went there for a nice walk. Hotel is nice, simple and clean. Helpfull staff and great breakfast overviewing the sea. Great stay if you need to go early to the airport.

Bed was too hard and 2 single beds pushed together does not make a comfortable double. When I took the blanket from the wardrobe and put it on the bed it was full of silverfish - disgusting! Complained to reception in the morning and their response was to apologise and said they would have a word with housekeeping. No offer of anything to compensate or refund any cost. No one followed up with us after our stay. I will not be staying in another BW hotel again.

Close to airport. Staff friendly

Easy to get to from Airport with good parking - great is you are arriving late. Breakfast on terrace overlooking the coast was lovely. Close to beach where hotel have an arrangement.

Location is close to the airport, but a taxi or a rental car will be needed. The last train from Bari Centrale is at 22.00 hours and the last bus at 22.10, so if you plan on staying in the city or surroundings for longer, make sure you rent a car. The location is nice for relaxing on the beach, but not for much else. No supermarkets nearby and not much else to do or see.

Great value and friendly staff, with access to private beach and swimming pool fairly close. Huge breakfast and great prices on restaurant food, but only seafood available there.

Some days the room was not cleaned very well. (Missing towels and toilet paper).And under the bed was so much dust - it was not sweaped daily.

Breakfast was excellent - plenty of food to choose (eggs, salami, tomatoes, mozzarella, croissants, pies etc.). Reception staff was very very helpful. They helped to change the rooms upon arrival, with information about Bari. To refer them by name they should wear name tags!

• Standard Twin Room

There was nothing that could have made it any better, the hotel and staff was excellent.

yes the croissants were extra flakey , and the bed was extra comfy ,The room was very sound proof from the traffic . We found all the hotel staff was very good ,and Angela on reception was exceptional , And the pool il titolo was a lovely clean pool , we really enjoyed it there .

The breakfast wasn't various for my taste. It is in the suburban if Bari, so it takes time by train to go in the city.

The room was comfortable and the staff was nice.

• Standard Twin Room

A lot of noise when opening and closing doors with keys. One would do better to digitize.

Excellent location if you have to take an early flight!! Friendly staff at reception desk. Very good restaurant with sea view.

Very helpful staff, perfect location if you need to get to the airport quickly. Still easy to get into the center if you have the car. Nice hotel in general with a good breakfast.

it's an old hotel with a super small shower cabin, smelling of old; rather noisy from the traffic in the street..

great in terms of location - if you to be super close to the airport. otherwise, I would personally not choose this establishment again - as the airport can be reached easily.

We really enjoyed breakfast time, they had various food for all type of taste. The hotel staff was really helpful. Another advantage, hotel is not far away from the sea so it's really good if you are for a leisure trip. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Thank you for your hospitality.

I chose this hotel because of proximity to the airport for the short one night stopover. However, it's turned out that despite of closeness to airport, the hotel is accessible only by taxi (15 euro) or by foot (4km, 40 min). In spite of expectations and apparent close proximity to the Bari center (14 km), the public transportation (trains) are irregular (30min-2hours range) and finishes quite early (~10pm) so you back from Bari to the hotel by taxi only (60 euro). Overall, for short stopovers better off to get a hotel in the Bari itself. Much more accessible attractions and dinner options, easier and cheaper transportation.

Hotel is well maintained. staff is friendly. The neighborhood is really nice with beautiful coastline (better than appears on the official photos). Choose this hotel if you have to have long stay and like calm neighborhoods. The city of Bari is beautiful!

The WiFi connection was terrible and since the purpose of my trip was a business trip that was a big issue for me.

The staff was extremely polite and helpful.

Room was very basic and not so beautiful inside. Bathroom looked like a hostel bathroom City is more then 1 hour away if you travel by bus and the buses are also not so comfortable.

Friendly staff, Very beautiful open terrace for breakfast. Additional information: There is a nice restaurant L'Ancora near the hotel which serves see food

Our room overlooked a busy road - too noisy to enjoy the balcony (but other rooms overlook nicer areas). Although they had made a great effort to put in plenty of triple glazing to limit the traffic noise (which worked fine) the biggest problem was the noise between rooms - the wall insulation is very poor and a neighbour's tv was easily audible (all night), and another had a dog which started yapping briefly during the night. Also the tiled floors meant you could hear people walking above. For this reason I would not recommend the hotel unless you're a heavy sleeper! NOTE - the area itself is not worth visiting or staying in - all very featureless with small and rocky beaches. But for the convenience of the airport it is fine. Also a taxi into Bari is 60 euros which is a shocking amount (but Bari old town is a delight and must be seen!).

We took this hotel for 1 night as it was so close to the airport for our return home - and for this reason the location is very good as it's a very short trip into the airport from here. The reception staff were all very friendly and helpful, and the hotel is modern and clean. Our room was large and again very clean if a bit austere (colourless, plain, no fridge or kettle), with a comfortable bed and the bathroom was good with a powerful shower. Good wifi. Breakfast was fine - nice choice of cereals and fruit, some cheese and ham, but the biggest choice was on the cakes and sugary things which didn't appeal to us. IF you do stay make sure you eat in a small restaurant just a minute's walk down the road towards the sea - called 32 Sedie - it is TERRIFIC - the best meal we had in 2 weeks in Italy with great decor, amazing food and local wines and a very reasonable price.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• Standard Twin Room

Room dusty, reception unfriendly and reluctantly change from single beds to a double bed, television only on Italian Breakfast very disappionting

9 km from Bari old town, nothing to do outside, very dirty beaches, hotel has a parking area but didn't use a car to travel so no benefits for us. No supermarket and no good places around to eat diner.

Very nice hotel and room with a big balcony. Very good and full breakfast in the hotel restaurant on the roof with outstanding view to the sea.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Unusable wifi! No signal in the room or weak and it is impossible to work.

Good spot- few meters from the coast; amazing view from restaurant; Clean rooms, but not modern

Internet connection was quite poor and annoying to reenter always the username/pass keys. Beach entrance fee to the private beach was not included in the price this year (2017) yet.

Beautiful sea view from the terrace of the restaurant where the breakfast was as well served. The train station was very close to get to downtown.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Good location close to the airport. It was clean and staff were friendly. Breakfast was served on the rooftop terrace with beautiful sea view. Good value.

Good location close to the airport. We arrived late and it was good place to stay for the night before heading to Matera. It was clean and staff was friendly. Good value.

• Double Room (1 Adult)

Hotel is too far away and you have to make an awful bus journey to reach Bari. The normal taxi from Bari to hotel is 25 euros but the hotel asks for 60 euros by taxi. The public buses in duty have very low quality . The hotel internet is the worst internet I have ever seen. It is not working from rooms even from the reception. They give you password for every six hours and they start the system for every 2 hours. I have been using booking com more than ten years and have been to 40 countries and I am not a reach person and shortly I would say this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed. Best western should check its standards here...... even the hotel is close to the( 4km) to the airport , there is no shuttle and they ask for 15 euros... No need to say the rooms are very noisy and bad. Avoid staying here ...

The people in reception

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

The hotel offers no tours and the taxis are a complete rip off! The best thing to do is get the train from palese macché to Bari centrale ($2euros!) as opposed to $25 euros if u take a taxi ! Get a map and start walking to città vecchia , San nicolas church, etc....... avoid taxis and don't ask staff they have zero recommendations.

The view from the breakfast room outside is beautiful overlooking the sea!

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Free WiFi Code valid only 6 hours.

Hotel is near Bari airport. Comfortable room, a large double bed. Breakfast is served on the rooftop terrace with a beautiful sea panorama.

You need to get login and password every 6 hours for Internet access.

Clean and comfortable hotel. Friendly and helpful stuff. Good breakfast, excellent chef, coffee is available 27/7.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Unfortunately I was in a non-smoking room where someone had clearly smoked - and was unable to change rooms until the morning because I came in late ...but the staff was very helpful in managing the change. Perhaps the cleaning team needs to be more aware of this in the future and alert the staff at the desk that a non-smoking room has been compromised.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The third floor terrace where an amazing breakfast is available is beautiful with a full view of the sea.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

It met my expectations apart from the pool

Breakfast was good and it's a great location for access to Airport. They have a pool but it wasn't open which I didn't realise this should be more obvious when booking.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Nothing to declare We stayed only one night and we woke up early in the morning

Good breakfast from 6.30 a.m. Near to airport Staff is very friendly and helpful.

Our room was near the lift and people are quite inconsiderate when waking up early for flights.

The two ladies on reception were very very friendly and informative. The hotel is comfortable and so are the rooms. The breakfast was plentiful. The seafront is not too far away and the airport only 10 mins away by car. The centre of Bari is about 25 mins away by car. The wi-fi was really good as well.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• Standard Twin Room

A few from the airport but there is only one option to get there-take a taxi which costs 15 euro.It's better to sleep in the centre of Bari. The hotel needs to be renovated.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

The bathrooms are small with barely room to turn around and the rooms are compact with nowhere to sit but the bed or a single wooden chair. The walls are thin and certainly the guy next door who spent his entire evening on the phone poor lad was quite clear had I been able to understand him but was quiet when we returned to sleep. Internet was iffy in the extreme and annoying as when you turned a device off you had to sign in again. But Southern Italy is an internet desert with almost no cafes or restaurants offering any service and many hotels charging for pretty poor reception so you are just grateful to get on line however slowly and especially for free. Being a business hotel with a small car park on site parking is at a premium after 4 p.m. with most parking on the street. Against all this you have to balance it's proximity to the airport, the ultra friendly staff and certainly one great restaurant on the sea nearby plus it was only €80 a night. I would stay again if I had an early flight from Bari.

Certainly in the winter this is very much a business persons hotel though the proximity to the sea might change it in the summer months. Certainly on the first floor the rooms are functional with the usual lack of plugs for recharging stuff that you find in Italy. However the rooms on the two higher floors looked more airy with wider corridors . The restaurant on the third floor where you have breakfast has nice views of the sea and a terrace for use in the summer months. There are three local restaurants within a 5 minute stroll of the hotel for dinner, we tried Il Paradiso which was excellent. However there is a distinct lack of bars nearby for a pre dinner drink. The only ones we found were up in the town away from the sea. The receptionists were excellent and spoke superb English . They booked our taxi to the airport ( set charge of €15 there is no shuttle bus) which arrived on the dot and this is Italy !!

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

• Standard Twin Room

I can not say food in the restaurant was tasty and something I am used to in Italy. I didn't enjoy that. Two meals - two disappointment.

Breakfast was ok.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

The hotel is close to airport but I still had to pay a whopping 15 euro for taxi. The proximity is irrelevant as road structure prevents safe walk to airport. The hotel needs to run a shuttle minibus

The dinner & breakfast very good & also the waiting staff

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

thin walls, can hear almost everything from the hotel neighbours

The breakfast was excellent Very clean room, daily clean service Close to the train station for Bari Centrale: 7-10 minutes 24h hotel reception

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

We found out what we expected. The bed was comfortable and had a very good sleep after a long journey because our flight was delayed. Very good breakfast. Very handy because very close to the Airport ans good safe parking.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

• Standard Twin Room

Smoking is still popular throughout Italy. Neighbours smoke was annoying for a while.

Excellent wifi performance. Convenient to airport. Good restaurants within walking distance. Very attentive and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

The bathroom had been renovated modern. But bedroom old & TV small hanging from the wall which was difficult to watch.It had only 1 english BBC channel.

For italians who dont eat really breakfast that was a nice buffet breakfast with cold meat. Plenty of croissants in a lovely 3rd floor restaurant.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

the location. the hotel is 40 minutes drive from the old center.

The good service of the workers in the hotel.we got answers to any question we had regarding to the attractions in the area. the staff is very helpful. Breakfast was very rich and the service in the dining room was very good.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

A bit too noisy

Amazing staff working in the early morning of 28th of October 2016. They helped to manage and get back my childs left backpack. Thank you for that.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Internet was very poor: no signal in the room, we had to go to reception desk to use the internet. It was very difficult to communicate with the staff in English. Despite information not to clean a bed, everything was touched and left disordered!

Great view from the restaurant.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

Clear directions from the airport would have been helpful as it was a bit tricky to find.

It was convenient for an overnight in Bari. The rooms and breakfast were adequate and the staff were helpful. Good value for money. There were restaurants close by, but remember nothing opens until 8 pm.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Parking was more expensive than if it were on the road– which was hard to find. If you're paying money to stay there I think the parking should be at least the same price as what he would pay on the road.

Over all great place. Location wonderful. Clean cheerful staff!

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

The room was clean but very basic and for sure it doesn't worth the 85 euros we paid. This hotel is so over rated and should be much cheaper. The restaurant is closed on sundays which sucks cause when you go to a 3 stars hotel, you expect a minimum of service. We were there just for one night and were thinking to get dinner at the hotel since we had our little baby with us, it'd been much more easier to stay in. There's no bath tub is none of the 55 rooms! Once again, with a baby, we'd have highly appreciated a chance to have a bath tub.

the staff was nice.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Female receptionist could have been nicer. We temporarily mislaid our key & she was quite grumpy! Later, however, she was fine.

Good breakfast & bed

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

Limited menu for supper in terms of some of the selection printed on the menu was not available - both main dish and accompanying vegetables etc.

Wine was good.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Standard Twin Room

The air-con could have been better.

Desk staff and kitchen staff were all really very friendly and helpful. Nothing was a problem. The simple seafood pasta meal and Primitivo wine recommendation was a highlight.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

• Standard Twin Room

There's not so many restaurants near this hotel , not touristic district

Silent street , beach is not far away and you can reach it by foot ,free entrance to this beach. Free parking , 20 minutes by car till Bari downtown

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

• Standard Twin Room

Letting us now in advance that the pool and the private beach was closed, as it was extra-season.

The view of the restaurant and the fact that the staff remembered how we took our food every day.

• Reviewed: 13 September 2016

No complaints.

Beautiful sea view from the 3rd floor breakfast room. Short (under 5 minute) walk to the seafront lidos. Helpful & friendly staff. Less than 10 minutes drive to the airport.

• Reviewed: 13 September 2016

The breakfast was very poor and we were feeling like in a hospital room. I could't see the swimming pool as in the photos

The staff were friendly, clean rooms

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Unfortunately our stay was spoilt by the bad rotten egg smell coming from the bathroom which crept into the bedroom because of the huge cut out hole at the bottom of door.There was no window, just a poorly working extractor fan. I Reported this smell to the cleaner in the morning before going sight-seeing, desperately hoping that by the evening the smell would have gone, but it was still strong and my family and I had to try and sleep through it. We were offered a different room at 12am but it was too late for my children to move, as they were sleeping next door to us.It would have been too disruptive for a family of 6 to move. For the first night I just thought it was due to the bathroom not being used and was hoping the smell would fade away but instead it got stronger and stronger. My teenager daughter was going into her shower next door and witnessed two small black lizards coming out of the drains in the tiled area outside. She was frightened and quickly shut the shower door to stop them coming in. The bathrooms were dated with the tiles and grout stained yellow.

The staff were very helpful and spoke good English. They made the children hot chocolate and some tea for the adults after check-in. Breakfast was very nice on the third floor. Good variation of cereals and croissants.

Browse Best Western La Baia traveller photo gallery