Reviews of La Piccola Maison

Via Dei Cappuccini, 30, Via Veneto, 00187 Rome, Italy

#279 of 3,119 B&Bs and Inns in Rome

9.7

I thought I booked a hotel but it was a room. No breakfast and no help with the luggage. But everything else was super great.

The size of the room was big. Very very clean. Air Conditioner was lovely. Staff very friendly. The best location to stay.

A wonderful place to stay in Rome.
    • Single Room with Private External Bathroom

A beautiful little boutique hotel. Perfect location and wonderful staff. I would stay there again and recommend it to my friends.

The room and bathroom were new and modern within the beautiful old facade that I love. I loved all the buildings in Rome with shutters and I finally stayed in a hotel with some. A wonderful place with lots of restaurants just next door.

The Staff.
    • Quadruple Room with Bathroom

Need to climb 2 floors of stair to get to the room. It is a apartment converted into hotel. New elevator is been installed now. Location and the front of the property is bit off to find.

The Staff. They are SO responsive. Response time is within like 1 min on Whatapp. They do try to make all requests and my stay as easy as possible. Really appreciate that. Big bathroom, and spaces.

Everything else was wonderful!

Noise from other guests as the walls and doors are particularly thin. No soundproofing, though no noise from the outside as the windows are well insulated.

Everything else was wonderful!

The location, especially at the price, is top class!
    • Single Room with Private External Bathroom

It would have been nice if there was a small kettle and coffee in the room

The location, especially at the price, is top class! Very friendly staff as well

Comfortable and convienent stay in the heart of Rome.
    • Single Room with Private External Bathroom

This a nice, four-room guesthouse that is located near everything in the center for Rome. It's walkable to all the main attractions and literally just steps from the Barberini metro station. The two young ladies who handle the front desk will make sure that you have everything you need to make your stay comfortable.

Excellent place.
    • Single Room with Private External Bathroom

Excellent place. Friendly staff and absolutely great location. Will stay here if I come to Rome again. Great value for money, considering the upscale Via Veneto neighbourhood. Also, very safe area for solo women travelers.

Some staff was very helpfull for us

Some staff was very stressed when we asked advice for places to have breakfast and when we lost our key There is no possibility to make coffee of thee Staff is not always there but can be reached by phone Room is warm but there is lot of noise when you open the window (there is airco however) Quite expensive but that is mostly because of the location

Some staff was very helpfull for us There was fresh water in the fridge everyday Location is very central and close to public transport

would stay there again but request in facing window
    • Single Room with Private External Bathroom

My room overlooked the street and was quite loud (and this was during the fall, so likely more noise in summer). I wanted to have the window open and therefore wore ear plugs the two nights I was there; I was glad I had them.

very conveniently located. It was 15 minute walk from Termini which was good too. I had the room with external washroom and this was absolutely fine - the bathroom was a great size. Fridge in room was convenient

Perfect stay in central location.

Windows must be closed at night due to the central location (air conditioning was used).

Clean rooms, excellent showers, nice staff. Excellent location walking distance to Trevi / Spanish steps, and literally on the metro.

Excellent affordable Inn in Rome

Hotel emailed us in advance & offered to arrange a private car ride from airport to them which was very helpful and quite reasonable. The "room" was actually a full 2 bdrm apartment that could have slept a family of 4 (we were only 2 but booked a "triple room" because we wanted a little extra space!) It was extremely spacious and well appointed - an incredible value. Staff was very helpful with luggage upon check-in and with everything. They gave us several useful tips about the neighborhood, transportation, etc. Also gave us multiple ways to reach them (via text, What's App), for anything, during our stay which was helpful. Very close to Barberini metro stop and to Trevi Fountain. Within about a mile of the beautiful Borghese gardens - very walkable.

The location of the property made it very easy to walk...
    • Single Room with Private External Bathroom

There was no lift, so stairs may be difficult for some travellers.

The location of the property made it very easy to walk around Rome and see the major sites. The staff were exceptionally helpful with everything I needed and helped with transfers and local information. Would definitely recommend this property to travellers wanting a central, comfortable clean place to stay.

Perfect!
    • Quadruple Room with Bathroom

Maybe the cleaning service can be more like daily.

They give us a studio apartment in the same street because we are 3-4 people but it is incredible! Julia is very helpful and helps a lot on arranging the transfer from the airport. The location is very very great! It is 5-10 min walk to Trevi fountain and also Piazza the Spagna.

There was no elevator in the building and the guesthouse was on the 2nd floor so it was quite tiring with our heavy luggage. This was the only downside.

The staff were extremely professional and friendly. They upgraded our room because there was maintenence in the other building so they moved us to "Maison trevi" which is just 3 mins away so its basically the same area. Roxanna waited for us though our train arived quite late. She Showed us where to go and how to get around the city and provided us with important recommendations. The location is great everything is close by.

-The staff was extremely friendly and offered lots of good...

-The staff was extremely friendly and offered lots of good tips -directly at a metro station -very clean room and bathroom -central location -(neutral point) no elevator, it was no problem for us, only want to point it out

nice place, quiet room.
    • Single Room with Private External Bathroom

the bathroom gets a little dirty, which is probably more the people in the room, and there could be curtains or something on the beeds

The bed was comfortable, the staff is super friendly, and I met some awesome people there. Close to the downtownish area, which is nice as I like to go out(go to chapmans irish pub.. its awesome). oh and its super quiet.

• Small Double Room with Private Bathroom

The bed was comfortable and the owner was lovely. Free bottles of water in my room. Air con worked perfectly. Big shower with great water pressure. Comfortable stay.

The best place!

Nothing!!

The staff were excellent and really helpful with tips to seeing the city!. The hotel is in an excellent location, very central and super close to the metro, so very easy to get around. The hotel left us a gift for our honeymoon which was so thoughtful! Highly recommend this hotel!

Very clean and comfortable accommodation close to Metro and...
    • Single Room with Private External Bathroom

Loud during the night, due to central location (and it was a Saturday).

Very clean and comfortable accommodation close to Metro and major sights. The staff is very friendly. The property was very clean and I didn't mind using the bathroom on the floor.

Charming Little Hotel Near the Via Veneto
    • Single Room with Private External Bathroom

Charming little hotel very close to the Via Veneto, and a few blocks to the Spanish Steps or Trevi Fountain. Very close to the Metro, restaurants, a grocery store, and gelato. I will stay here in the future.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Very friendly and knowledgeable staff.
    • Quadruple Room with Bathroom

Very spacious and worked well for our group of four. Having to washrooms was a bonus. Our host, was attentive to our needs. Wonderful stay and close to everything.

Good value for money and location makes up for everything.
    • Small Double Room with Private Bathroom

It was good for the price we paid. However small room and difficult stairs to climb.

Location is the key. Jomante, the hostess, was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Great location, excellent decor and bed.
    • Small Double Room with Private Bathroom

Unfortunately, noise from birds(wierd noise...all night and early morning) and passers by, as I had to leave the window ajar to cool. The two very nice young women who appear to be in charge were very nice, but a little hard to communicate with. I didn't understand the arrangement with two different locations, and no one was on site at the one I stayed in. I had to communicate by text messaging. Having never stayed in Rome before, I have nothing to compare it with, price or accommodations.

Location, lovely apartment

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Friendly staff, non-traditional hotel
    • Small Double Room with Private Bathroom

This is not a traditional hotel as advertised on the website or on booking.com. It is a small apartment building with individual rooms. Subsequently the price we paid did not reflect the facilities provided. Due to "water issues" at the Piccola Maison we were moved to another apartment building.

Great restaurant recommendations from staff.

Extra Care Given by Small Boutique Hotel

There was a water issue when we arrived and we were upgraded to a nearby modern, new apartment. We loved it. We loved the neighborhood, excellent restaurant within steps, coffee shop just down the street, 2 blocks to the Trevi fountain.

This hotel was recommended by my friend who stayed there for...

This hotel was recommended by my friend who stayed there for around 5 years ago. I think she is right, this hotel has great location, only 2-3 mins from the train station. You can also meet many very friendly staff there. Breakfast is quite good as well.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Fantastic Property in a great location
    • Quadruple Room with Bathroom

Just needed a tea towel.

Staff very helpful, and the accomodation very clean and tidy. The kitchenette was fab and well stocked. The property was in a fantasic location which meant we could walk everwhere.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Beautiful apartment, super friendly staff, fab location, excellent value
    • Quadruple Room with Bathroom

Can be a bit noisy but you will be too exhausted to care!!

Beautiful clean apartment with great facilities - even included iron umbrella etc. Fab location 5 mins from Spanish steps 10 mins from Trevi fountain. Staff are super helpful and will book your transfers from airport, they provided map and suggested places to visit on arrival and even booked restaurants in the evening for us! Didn't charge late check in or extra cleaning fee like lots of other apartments. WIFI great. Thank you for a wonderful trip Rome is a truly beautiful city.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Everything, I stayed 1night only and I wish I could stay...
    • Small Double Room with Private Bathroom

Everything, I stayed 1night only and I wish I could stay more. Staff extremely nice and helpful. Rooms are very nice and cosy . Only few steps from Metro station Barberini Exit via Veneto . Walking distance to all major attractions in Rome . Honestly I loved everything about La Piccola maison . Highly highly recommend

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Good location in Rome

For the price, there should be the possibility to make at least a cup of coffee or tea. There was nothing in the room, only a bottle of water in the mini-bar.

The location, the staff

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

I've been asked to move to the maison trevi, which was 3...

The rooms were not soundproof so I was waken up by noise every morning.

I've been asked to move to the maison trevi, which was 3 min away from maison piccola. First I didn't liked the idea but I got a double room for the same price. The staff was super nice and helpful! It was clean, and the location was fantastic!!

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

Lovely apartments right in the city center

Everything was extremely well organised. Barbara, the host, was very friendly and helpful :) Great value for money. Would definitely recommend to my friends!

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Strategic location and great value
    • Small Double Room with Private Bathroom

coffee machine for those late nights or early mornings where you dont want to go out yet - Would make this place perfectomundo.

Staff was very helpful, place is clean, HUGE room (at least the one I got), they helped arrange guides, and also the location is perfect - close to subway stop and also walking distance to most of the centro historico of rome.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Highly recommended
    • Single Room with Private External Bathroom

This is a wonderful place to stay. Barbara made me feel very welcome, and helped with every detail. My room was modern, elegant and very comfortable. I appreciated the excellent location and the many local services nearby. I'm so glad I made this choice, and will recommend it to friends.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

hotel was changed

I did not like the fact that we booked one hotel (La Piccola Maison) with very good reviews on booking.com, but we lived in another, which has no reviews on booking.com at all (Maison Trevi). I did not receive any email/text message about this, and check in process (at 23:00) was not as smooth as I planned.

The receptionist lady was very nice and apologetic and gave us 50 euro discount on the room because hot water and air conditioning stopped working at some point.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

very convenient location (walking distance to the main...

no breakfast option

very convenient location (walking distance to the main attractions of rome if someone can claim rome has main attractions not being a juwel as a whole) very helpful personel

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Barbara is a very sweet and helpful lady.

Barbara is a very sweet and helpful lady. She helped us with everything, be it tips for dining, places to see, prioritizing the sights, or arranging logistics. She was on top of everything to make our stay comfortable and memorable. Thanks a lot Barbara.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Almost great

Somehow I was placed in a separate accommodation a few blocks away, but it was apparently the "same hotel". Very different decor and layout to what I saw in the photos when I booked. I paid for an included breakfast, which was to be provided in a nearby bar. But on Sunday, that bar was closed, so I was left without breakfast. not a big deal, but I expected to receive it when it was part of my booking deal. Wifi was often not working. I hope they can fix these small details, as it was otherwise quite nice!

Helpful staff Large room Great location Nice toiletries etc, bottle of wine and waters offered Umbrella provided for the rain - some nice welcoming touches

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Honestly it is a great hotel with an awesome hospitality.

Honestly it is a great hotel with an awesome hospitality. I liked the location of the hotel whiic we could go most of rome attractions by wolk. The reception of the hotel (Barbra) is a nice person. She gave us a guide to which we should see and where we should go.

• Reviewed: 13 September 2016

Friendly staff, beautiful new rooms

The shower took awhile to warm up and the pressure wasn't great. The street was a bit noisy late night/early morning because there's a restaurant right across the street.

Barbara was extremely nice and helpful to us. Although we'd both been to Rome before, she knows her stuff and can recommend anything. She helped us make a restaurant reservation too. (I hope you make it to New York soon!) We were also upgraded upon arrival to an extremely spacious, 2 bedroom, kitchen included apartment in the building next door for no extra charge because there was a last-minute cancellation. We didn't use a lot of the extra space but it was a beautiful apartment. The location is great for the Trevi fountain and shopping (the Spanish Steps are under construction). It's close to the subway as well and is not too far from the other main attractions.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

Amazing location and a wonderful host!
    • Small Double Room with Private Bathroom

Amazing location which is quite well connected, the rooms are spacious, comfortable and clean. And a wonderful host - Barbara was amazing, she helped us with a lot of useful info and she was gracious enogh to give us one of the guide books which was as really helpful for our trip to tuscany. We would recommend Barbara's property to anyone visiting rome. We will definitely come back here..

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

Great stay, wonderful host!
    • Single Room with Private External Bathroom

1. I preferred the location of La Piccola Maison because it was much closer to the metro station. It might not be an issue to most since you can basically walk anywhere, but I used the metro because I had the Roma Pass and it bothered me. 2. Also, the air-conditioning wasn't very strong (I usually turn it off after 15 minutes, but here it took me a while to cool down) 3. I didn't hear any noise from the street, but I did hear the neighbors in their room.

There was a problem with the hot water in my room, so instead of checking in to La Piccola Maison Barbara booked me a taxi and we want together to Maison Trevi, where she and another staff member carried my very heavy suitcase upstairs. The room was beautiful, great shower, felt really safe. Barbara gave me very good recommendations and literally walked with me to one of the places she recommended. They helped me with printing, booking private transportation to the airport for only 40 euros and many other things. The free water bottle every day and complementary wine on arrival were also a very nice touch

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

Great location: on a street right next to Piazza Barberini.

The room and bathroom sizes are a little bit small, just like any other establishment in the area.

Great location: on a street right next to Piazza Barberini. 30second walk from the metro station. 5-10minute walk from Fontana de trevi. Clean, comfortable and well maintained. You stay in a typical roman apartment building as if you are a local. Barbara, the house manager, does a great job in making you feel at home. She is very helpful with showing you what to do/ see in the city, anything you need during your stay, and overall very professional, friendly and genuine.

For a while the Wi-Fi was down, not very long but still...

For a while the Wi-Fi was down, not very long but still bothering when you try to write e-mails

Exceptional
    • Single Room with Private External Bathroom

There are no comments available for this review

near all the main attractions
    • Small Double Room with Private Bathroom

rooms were small - but hey, it is rome

was just a room in rome - but that was all we wanted. the girls running the show were very helpful

Although I didn't have an ensuite bathroom, it was...
    • Single Room with Private External Bathroom

Although I didn't have an ensuite bathroom, it was private and it was huge.

Not our first or last visit.
    • Small Double Room with Private Bathroom

The location is excellent. Rooms are clean and well equipped. The staff are very friendly and helpful.

Friendly staff, clean property.
    • Single Room with Private External Bathroom

Bathroom was cold during winter.

Good value for the price, excellent location. 2 min walk to Barberini Metro station.

Great location and staff

Great location and staff

Everything was great. This was our second stay and this time we stayed in an apartment. The free bottle of wine was a nice bonus.

Location was perfect.
    • Small Double Room with Private Bathroom

Location was perfect. While parking is very difficult in the city, there is a private parking garage (additional $) very close to the property.

Great hotel - close to everything
    • Small Double Room with Private Bathroom

Close to everything , staff where terrific and very helpful ... even drew personalized maps to help us get around

Everything was great. Excellent position to visit town on foot. Fine rooms, very clean and with plea
    • Small Double Room with Private Bathroom

Posotion was great, beds, bathroom,...

WiFi didn't work but was fixed very fast after complaint.
    • Quadruple Room with Bathroom

WiFi didn't work but was fixed very fast after complaint.

Just book it
    • Single Room with Private External Bathroom

Really great staff. Awesome location.

Love these guys

Staff is amazing! They really made our stay..So friendly and helpful..Location is also excellent

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

Perfect!
    • Single Room with Private External Bathroom

Position, clean, new furniture, great host

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Family weekend in Rome
    • Quadruple Room with Bathroom

Perfect living / sleeping space for a family. 2 separate rooms and 2 bathrooms. Very warm and friendly welcome from staff.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

Very helpful and smiling people, clean rooms and perfect...

Room was a bit noisy because of the central location.

Very helpful and smiling people, clean rooms and perfect location.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

Thanks for Barbara

Thanks for Barbara

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Everything!
    • Single Room with Private External Bathroom

Would maybe have been nice to have breakfast. But the fridge saved it.

Everything!

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

Perfect ratio of price and quality!

Perfect ratio of price and quality! Nice and helpful Host,Barbara.Best regards to you from St-Petersburg

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

Good value for prize

Its not a Hotel

Nice location. Water bottles in the room. Clean.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Nice convenient place to stay
    • Small Double Room with Private Bathroom

It was noisy but it is Rome.

SMALL BUT COMFORTABLE ROOM. VERY GOOD TOILETRIES. BARBARA WAS VERY NICE AND VERY HELPFUL.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Many thanks

Many thanks

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

Great value

Clean and cosy room, perfect location for tourists So friendly and helpful staff!

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

Great location, great stay

No breakfast

Barbara, from reception, was very helpful.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Floor not clean

• Reviewed: 18 May 2016

Our room was very cozy, it was a loft type for a small...

Our room was very cozy, it was a loft type for a small family. Location is just a few steps away from Barberini Station. You can also walk going to Spanish steps & Trevi Fountain. There are a lot of al fresco restaurants around the area especially in via Veneto. Barbara who attended us is very accommodation and even gave us the best things to do to spend our vacation in Rome which includes restaurants to visit, places to go to and where to go for shopping.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2016

everything.

nothing.

everything....i have been to more than 30 hotels and bnbs in rome and this place has just become one of my two favorite. centrally located in a quiet street, close to tourist attractions, 3 minutes to bus stop. quite safe place, room is very clean and tidy, modern, the owner is very professional too. Ps, 2 bottles of water a day, FREE!

• Reviewed: 27 February 2016

La Piccola Maison is a fantastic accommodation in the centre...

La Piccola Maison is a fantastic accommodation in the centre of Rome, a very convenient location as walking distance from all major sites and 2 minutes away form the tube station. The place is immaculate with all amenities found in a high end hotel in your room and the service by both Barbara and Giorgio is top notch. Breakfast can be taken across the street in a beautiful café that was suggested by the owner or anywhere else for that matter as Italians love their caffè ;-) A great place also to stay for a solo traveller as very safe at night. I highly recommend La Piccola Maison and hope to return there as Rome has so much to offer.

• Reviewed: 20 February 2016

Room was modern looking, and included a safe, small fridge,...

For the price, I really don't have any complaints about the room. If I have to nitpick, it would be that no breakfast is included. But be aware that most other places that say they include breakfast, all you're going to get is a coffee and a pastry. As I learned, Romans aren't big on breakfast. They have a quick espresso and a pastry while standing up at the bar. Then they do it again a couple of hours later, haha. Also, be aware that you'll be climbing about 3 flights of stairs to get to your room. There arent many stairs per flight, and there's a tiny luggage elevator which will help you with one of those flights, and Barbara offering to help you with your luggage as well, but it's something you should be aware of, in case you have mobility issues.

Room was modern looking, and included a safe, small fridge, tv, and a small desk. Bathroom was stocked with nice shower gel and shampoo. Hot water lasted a very long time, which was awesome for a long hot shower at the end of a long day of walking! Wifi was free and had a fantastic signal. The bed is firm, and not all saggy in the middle like some 10 year old mattress. The room is on the very small side, but I knew that going in. It's a perfect size for 1 person however, and even good enough for a couple, especially for the price. How long are you going to stay in the room anyway?!? The best part of the room however, was easily Barbara, the host. She was incredibly sweet and helpful, and always made sure my fridge was stocked with a couple of bottles of water. She was a joy to chat with, always smiling and quick with a laugh. When I arrived, she gave a me a quick run down of the nearby attractions, and walking times to other places, and even gave me a welcome-to-Rome bottle of wine as well! Can't say enough about how great she was! If I'm ever back in Rome, I'm definitely checking to see if this place has availability, and will hope she's still there!

• Reviewed: 1 December 2015

Great location walking distance to every thing.

Great location walking distance to every thing.very clean and moderen. Staff are very helpful. This is an apartment turned into 4 bedroom and en suites, if you want a hotel type of experience then it's not for you, but if you just want value for money brilliant location clean and some where to put your head down this is perfect .

• Reviewed: 1 November 2015

I stayed in Maison Trevi , as wanted a room with an en-suite...

Noisy with the people upstairs walking late at night and early morning. Not the hotel's fault, but didn't get a good nights sleep most nights. (I stayed 7 days unfort)

I stayed in Maison Trevi , as wanted a room with an en-suite bathroom. Room was clean, and good size. Barbara and Ana were amazing and very helpful.

There are also 43 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse La Piccola Maison traveller photo gallery