Reviews of Hotel La Scaletta 3 stars

Via Guicciardini 13, 50125 Florence, Italy

#91 of 384 hotels in Florence

Rooftop bar and dining were small and not easy to access.

Bed was super comfortable and the room was spacious and very clean. Bathroom was modern and one of the best. The location was ideal for being so close to the Ponte Vecchio and accessible to the heart of Florence.

• Double Room with Garden View

The only down side of the hotel for us was the room where you eat breakfast the tables are very close together and you struggle to get in. They do have an outside terrace but unfortunately you are bugged with very feisty pigeons, not a problem if you don't mind birds! Not sure what the hotel could do to eradicate this problem.

The hotel is in a perfect location to tour the city. Our room was a garden view which was really nice and so quite you forget that you are in a very busy city.

• Suite

At breakfast to have been supplied with drinking water would have been ideal as all juices coffee tea available but not water. Do not use the rideways transfers they do not turn up and you end up getting a taxi which the hotel can sort for you. We now have the problem of trying to reclaim our money.

We enjoyed a room with a terrace overlooking the garden. After a day viewing the sights and the busy city it was a quiet haven to retreat to and relax. In the centre with everything on the doorstep we had no need for taxis or buses. We could go back quickly from all areas around to rest up whenever we needed to.

Frankly the hotel exceeded my expectations. So I will definitely stay there the next time!

The restaurant is great for breakfast and dinner. If you have good weather, you can sit outside and enjoy a scenic view. Unfortunately it rained for two of the evenings we were there. But we enjoyed our breakfast on the patio.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The hotel was great. My room was large, very clean, and the bed was very comfortable. The best part of this hotel was it's location. It's located steps away from Ponte Vecchio and Palazzo Pitti, and it's on the better side of the bridge. The other side of the Ponte Vecchio is beautiful with attractions like the Duomo but much more touristy and still just a 10 minute walk away. Would definitely stay again!!!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Nothing relevant to point out

beautiful and spacious high celling bedrooms. Nice rooftop terrace with beautiful views of Florence. Good breakfast and location.

The receiption area requires climbing a lot of steps or taking a very small elevator.

Great location, this hotel has charm and the staff was very helpful

• Economy Double Room

The communication at the beginning. However, after I calmed down (read: had a nap) I realized it wasn’t their English that was the problem, it was my lack of Italian. They really did do everything to make sure my needs were addressed.

This was my second time back to this hotel within five years. It was the same quaint hotel close to many points of interest. Sand meeting point for tours.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Perfect location near ponte vecchio. Beautiful room and very quiet. Lovely view over the roofs of Florence from the breakfast terrace. Helpful staff who let us store our luggage when we arrived early.

The only reason I didn’t put a smiley face on the staff is that it was very difficult to reach by car and to arrange parking. I sent a message up front about the parking because I saw some comments about it before, but they never replied. Other than that the staff was very polite and helpful.

Walking distance to all major attractions, great breakfast!

• Suite

Room 52, LaScaletta luxury room, is spacious and appealing with a jacuzzi tub next to the bed, however, the shower and the bathroom are tiny - to close the door one has to move a stool out of the cell.

• Economy Double Room

Wish they had a small meeting area.

The staff is always excellent and very helpful. Our second stay here with a group of 12. I will bring my photography workshop students here again and again.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The room we first got was nothing like we seen on the website gallery , it was really bad value for out dollar. When we asked about the room we were told it’s what we ordered. They wanted to change the room but they are full. The day after we got a better room (we booked 2 nights but stayed only one)

The stuff is very nice, did tried to help with the room issue (in the bad comment section), great location. overpriced.

none

Friendly staff Able to leave luggage after check-out to continue sight seeing without bags before catching a train Very clean, spacey room/ Clean and modern bathroom Great rooftop restaurant with amazing service and views Centrally located to attractions/ Right next to the botanical garden Not too far of a walk from main train station

Sound proof rooms would be great

This hotel is within walking distance to all major sights. It is five minutes from Ponte Vecchio. The staff is very friendly.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The property is clean and we'll kept, plus they have a roof top terrace with a stunning view of the city!

The staff is pleasant, helpful, and they always greet you with a smile!

Our room was right next to the staircase so we could here people coming & going and the pillows are also very thin

The room and bathroom were small but modern and all you needed. The terrace is lovely for breakfast and an afternoon drink. Location was great, walking distance to everything but in a not too busy spot. Would stay here again!

traveling with my friend and my daughter with 2 older children\ my friend and I requested a room for 2 my daugher a room for 3 upon arrival my friend and I,both 76yrs old, were sent to a room which had many stairs to get to so my daughter and family took our room which was a room for 2 people and my friend and I took the room for 3. We asked if there were any other rooms and told no. A matress was put on a couch to make room for 3. the room was small the bathroom small but modern. The clerks behind the desks were less then accomadating told me I should have known there would be stairs since the name of the hotel Scaletta means stairs. This hotel was recommended by a friend I suppose if we hadnt had a problem it would not have been so bad.

bedding nice and comfortable large modern bath with jacuzzi and shower in the 3 person room

Every thing was good and we wanted to stay extra night but there was no availability so had to move to another hotel.

excellent location and very helpful staff.

If the pillows had been a little fluffier it would have been more to my liking. I loved the view from the breakfast room but I would have enjoyed the breakfast more if the pastries had been more home-made. The rooftop lounge was one of the things that sold us on this hotel but it was not open when we were there.

The location was very good with a view of the sea and Mt. Vesuvius while still being a very close walk to the center of the old town.

• Suite

Nothing, everything was perfect!

The location was perfect. Just next to ponte vecchio. 2 minuts from everywhere, in the middle of the city center. The staff was really nice. They took care of everything with a smile. The housekeeper was very friendly. The girls in the reception on friday were very nice too. The room was awesome! The bed was extremely comfortable, the bath in the room was perfect. The views from the room were amazing and the views from the top of the building were unbelievable. It was a really great stay! We would surely reapeat if we come back to Florence!

• Economy Double Room

Lots of stairs! Taking out our luggage was difficult

Great location very close to Palazzo Pitti and ponte Vecchio. The view from the terrace is amazing

• Economy Double Room

The hotel generally has an intimate atmosphere and some nice suites, but our room was very small and looked at an inner court.

Nice house near the centre. Small roof terrace with a fantastic view of the town. Clean, well-equipped rooms. Comfortable beds.

• Deluxe Double Room

We had a stroller and there were a lot of steps. That’s 99% of places in Florence though I’m sure so it wasn’t an issue.

Really nice large room with great internet and friendly staff.

There is a water boiler/cooker in the room to make instant coffee. The only thing is the electric cable from the thing is to short to put in any of the wall outlets within stagging things on top of eachother. Told the staff and they were going to fix it. Little coffee espresso machine in the room would be the solution! (it's italy!!)

Nice room on the third floor. Big room with a comfy kingsize bed. Staff was nice. Didn't so the breakfast. Hotel is within 2 minutes walk of the ponte vecchio. Bus stop is within 1minute from the hotel. The hotel has a nice rooftop terrace with a great view. Nice hotel for a city trip in Florence.

You DO have 97 steps or a tiny elevator to take. Not really clear how to get there if you are coming by car (we were following the instructions provided by the hotel... because you can't put the address in your GPS!!!). When you arrive, the hotel calls a "garage" that keeps your car during your stay (you actually need to handle the keys of your car... to a "stranger" from this garage that will drive your car and keep it during the night). Basically, they don't have their own parking space. For us, this was a bit strange... they might be used to do this but for us, it was a surprise/shock. In the end, everything was fine. We couldn't sleep the first night because of the street noise (all night: scooters, cars, people talking, walking...). If you have problems falling asleep/sleeping, ask for a room that is not facing the main street. Second night, they moved us to another room 3 times smaller than the first one... but at least, we managed to sleep like babies :) You can easily get lost with so many stairs... but don't worry, you will find your way and will laugh about it :p

People at the reception were nice, "double superior room" was large and bathroom was great. Good location, 15-20 min walking from "Duomo".

The cleaning lady re-arranged my bathroom necessities and accesories every morning... i did not enjoy having someone put away my creams and zip-up my bags. The cleaning was overall done superficially (makeup marks inside the closet doors) and the bathroom smelled when there was a strong wind.

Great location and overall comfortable stay. Nothing too fancy but caters essential expectations from a 3-star hotel.

There’s quite a few things so I have put it into a list; Staff weren’t particularly welcoming or helpful. The room was a bit cold and the air conditioning/ heater didn’t seem to do much to warm it up. The shower didn’t work or was too complicated to work out so we had to use the handheld sprayer instead. The shower gel and shampoo was useless and bottles way too small. Apparently the city tax was included in pre payment according to the hotel description on here but at the end of our stay I had to pay €56 for two of us. The restaurant is closed until summer months which isn’t detailed on the description. Breakfast isn’t included and is a ridiculous price of €15 per person per night. That’s €210 for 7 nights for two people.... The cleaners come too early in the morning to clean the room; one knocked on our door and opened it at 8:45am (we were still in bed). The mini bar (fridge) in the room prices are overpriced; €3 for a little tin of Pringles, €3 for a 500ml bottle of water etc etc. They give you One sachet of coffee and tea each per day (and no biscuits!) - a bit tight. The WiFi was weak and slow. And lastly the TV does not have English subtitles so is pointless unless you’re Italian speaking. For the price I don’t think it’s good value for money at all - Especially if you want breakfast too!

The room is spacious with a table, chairs, wardrobe and big bed; the bed was comfortable and the room was cleaned with new towels and bedding everyday. The location is good walking distance from central town and SMN train station.

• Economy Double Room

The restaurant wasn’t open and we were not told that before our stay. We were unaware that the restaurant is only open in the summer season.

Amazing location, nice and quiet at night. Comfy bed and the staff were very welcoming.

• Economy Double Room

Parking is an issue (not close to the hotel and expensive), not able to have dinner, lay out of the hotel is complex

Very good location Breakfast is OK

• Economy Double Room with Garden View

My room was unfortunately very cold. So be sure to pack long pyjamas and woolen stockings if you're travelling on winter time. At the breakfast some of the ingredients felt outdated.

The location of the hotel was just perfect. Also nice wine bar Le volpi e l'uva was just around the corner. The views from the rooftop terrace were great. I can only imagine how amazing the view will be come spring and summer. Room was very tidy and functional.

Some facilities, including breakfast were a bit underwhelming and/or outdated.

The location was perfect and our room was much bigger than expected, particularly the bathroom! The bed was very comfortable.

The room was very small for the price. Yes it is perfectly located but the hotel is not as amazing as I was expecting based on the other reviews and clearly not worth the price I paid.

• Economy Double Room

Reaching by car very difficult. The guy took around 20 minutes to reach, but it was raining, that could explain the delay, which should be 10 min, based on what the staff hotel mentioned. I would not recommend anyone to drive in Florence. Very difficult and no gps signal.

Great location. Very nice room. Great shower. Staff very friendly. We checked out and could keep the suitcases for a last walk in Florence.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Garden View

The ladies at the breakfast buffet were not very friendly, specially the blond one, I think she wasn't friendly at all, the other ladies with darker skin were warm and nice There was no hot water in the room and I complained about it The interphone was not working until I left although I complained several times

The view from my room was awesome, really nice room indeed, the staff are very friendly, the guy I met at reception from Albania was very friendly and helpful. He spent sometime explaining the locations, also the Italian lady was with him was very nice The location is very good, staff brought me a heater to stay warm at night and that was super great, I love this hotel In the last night I lost my phones and the person at reception helped me to go back to the last restaurant I was in and told me what to do in police station to report missing items

The room and bathroom was very spacious and pretty and he property is very well located. It was within walking distance from all the main attractions.

Little bit tired in places - but it was also quirky which made up for it.

The bed was so comfortable - and as it was off peak, they kindly upgraded us due to it being my husbands birthday on the day we checked in, lovely touch

• Economy Double Room

An older building with charm but the stairs might be an issue for some travelers.

The optional breakfast was great and worth the price. Great location very close to Ponte Vecchio.

• Economy Double Room with Garden View

Their lift was too old and so small. It can only fit 2 people or 1 person with luggages.

Our room was massive. It was very clean and comfortable. The bed was huge and comfy with a huge window over looking the courtyard. We had a separate lounge area as you enter the room with two white couches and a big screen tv. Their bathroom was clean and had so much space. We loved the shower area with 2 rain shower heads, hand held shower and a massage body jet. I loved how the shower area is separated from the toilet area. We also had a jet tub close to our bed. Our stay was romantic which was perfect for our honeymoon. Their breakfast was also perfect.

The bathroom is very narrow but in saying that it is modern and does have everything you need. There is free self service coffee available in the breakfast room BUT only available in the afternoon which was disappointing.

Lovely staff. Fantastic rooftop restaurant and bar. Great location. Very comfortable bed and room larger than we thought it would be. Think it was room 35. Same level as reception and really quiet room.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I was travelling with a friend who had a leg in plaster, due to an accident a few days before. The staff went above and beyond anything we could have asked for to help us. They helped us rent a wheelchair from the Tourist Information Office, they made calls to get us disabled friendly taxis and they helped us up and down in the lift with the chair. The room was lovely and it was big enough to manage a chair with ease.

Not appropriate for people with limited movility. Lobby is on 3rd floor. Very tiny old elevator only fits two people. Stairs to second floor 90 steps up, so not an option. Waitress on rooftop never delivered our drinks because she was cleaning the bar top.

Very close to all the museums. Very clean. Nice view.

Breakfasts- coffee not good. Food OK but could have been better

Bedrooms - good size, very comfortable beds, good showers. Staff very pleasant and helpful and lovely roof top terrace

We had a wonderful time at Hotel La Scaletta, for starters the location was fabulous. It was situated between Petite Palace & Ponte Vecchio Bridge & from the beautiful roof terrace you could see all of Florence & had a birds eye view of Boboli Gardens. The staff were amazing & were all extremely friendly & helpful (especially Sara). It was a very clean hotel and housekeeping certainly deserve a mention. Our quiet room (superior bedroom) was well set out & was very modern & classy with a large, trendy shower with lots of hot water & towels. It was a calm, relaxing haven to return to after a busy sightseeing day in Florence. We always liked to have a nightcap on the terrace and the bar staff were awesome & extremely hardworking - nothing was too much trouble for them to make our evening special. We were prepared for the lift and loved it! It never disappointed & was always a talking point for us and I chose never to walk the 91 steps. My friends always walked up and down because they enjoyed the challenge! Thank You Hotel La Scaletta we had a brilliant time!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

We booked a superior double room but ours looked like the economy rooms pictured on the website - very basic and poorly lit. There are no common areas to relax; the reception area is tiny and we were told the terrace was not available (except for breakfast on nice days) unless you are a paying bar or dinner customer. We felt this was a huge misrepresentation of what the hotel promotes online as the rooftop terrace is why we chose the hotel. Also, the tiny elevator and number of steps to reception and room were challenging, and we were traveling light!

The hotel was clean and well-located. The housekeeping, breakfast room, and other staff seemed to work very hard. The breakfast provided was excellent.

It has a very intriguing layout... best not to be drunk & try to get to your room😋

The hotel has an excellent location right down from the Ponte Vecchoi & Pitti Palace! The bed was exceptionally comfortable & the rooms were modern. Thank goodness for the lift!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

With a big bag it's a trek from the station along narrow streets with the crowds! Either get a taxi/public transport or wait until it's quieter earlier or later on.

The best thing about the hotel is the roof terrace. It has a truly amazing view from the very top of the hotel, where you can sit and enjoy breakfast and sunrise. Our room was very basic (shower and bathroom very good) but the roof terrace definitely makes up for it - and it is the reason we chose to stay here. Very nice location too, right next to Ponte Vecchio, with lots of nice restaurants nearby. Bit quieter than near the station area.

It was hard to get there because the DNZ, if you coming with a car notify the hotel in advance so they can get you a pass. The hotel felt old

Great location, on the main road, every thing was walking distance. The room was big and comfy.

• Suite with Spa Bath

Breakfast was absolutely terrible. Would’ve been nice to sit on the rooftop terrace but couldnt because of the pigeons everywhere. They were literally eating the food off people’s plates.

Good location.

The only thing that detracted just slightly from my stay was that the hot water was a bit difficult to control in the shower, coming out mostly too hot to enjoy (something I know that is out of the ordinary and that the hotel is looking into). Other than that, everything was just great!

If you want to stay in the absolute heart of Florence, literally only 30-seconds away from the Ponte Vecchio, and only slightly further (perhaps 3 minutes) from the Pitti Palace and the Boboli Gardens, look no further. The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful, my room was spacious with super high ceilings and very clean, the buffet breakfast had lots of choice (including a pistachio cake I'm still dreaming about), and the views from both of the rooftop terraces are unbelievable. You can literally sip your coffee in the morning, gazing out over the Boboli Gardens in one direction, or enjoy 360-degree views of the entire city, including the Duomo from the upper terrace. Just stunning and definitely a hidden gem!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

we were in room 55 with lots of steps (stairs) to mount and descend in order to get in and out. I had read a previous review about the problem of accessibility of some rooms. I think property needs to take this seriously.

breakfast was just basic; not special in any way.

Tight elevator, a little confusing to get to the rooms but the staff (Jose) was really helpful in navigating. I guess it’s more of retaining the old architecture if anything

Right in city center, intimate dinning area at the rooftop and very friendly staff. Room was spacious and Modern

• Economy Double Room

Lovely well located hotel. Lots of amazing places to see just outside it's doors. Rooms clean and comfortable. Staff nice and helpful. Restaurant and bar on roof great views over Florence.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in the Hotel La Scaletta

The location was fantastic - it is right next to the Pitti Palace and a very short walk to Florence old town and lovely restaurants. The hotel has a wonderful bar upstairs and view straight into the Boboli Gardens. To get to the room you need to traverse stairs but the staff were very helpful and managed all our luggage - this was not a problem for us.

There were quite a lot of stairs so moving a baby/pushchair around was quite hard/tiring.

The family triple room was excellent - the baby travel cot was new.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The beds and pillows were quite hard and the bathroom had an a odour which was not good.

Excellent location for all the sights, restaurants and shopping. Great bar and restaurant with a lovely view of the whole city.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Shame about the pigeons on the roof terrace - on tables (table clothes) as soon as someone had left their breakfast - found that quite unappetising...

Location perfect, great roof terrace -

The hotel is located through an archway and is accessed either by walking up 97 stairs or via a tiny lift - 2 people and hand luggage at a push! As the building is over 500 years old this just makes it more magical. Beautiful views from the terrace. A few minutes walk to the Ponte Vecchio in one direction and the Pitti Palace and the Boboli Gardens in the other.

Nothing, having to leave was the only downside. Please note there are a lot of stairs in this property, if you have mobility problems please check with the staff first they can advise and are really helpful.

Location, the hotel is 5/10 mins from everywhere, we had an early start and enjoyed the city before it got too busy. The room was beautiful, super stylish comfortable and atmophereric. So quiet we had such a good night's sleep. We had a fantastic day there, the staff are super friendly and helpful, we had a superb dinner there too, we were really pampered, there is a panoramic terrace that we went back up to for breakfast.

An all-round good deal, for a reasonable price. The area is nice because it is close to the main attractions, but not too close. The restaurants in the area feel less touristy than the ones just on the other side of the river.

n/a

I rarely comment on hotels, but in this case I will make an exception. Simply put Hotel La Scaleta greatly exceeded my wildest expectations, and it is easily the best hotel we have EVER stayed in! A very lovely place!

• Economy Double Room

Having to climb 94 steps to get up to the reception was difficult after walking the entire day, and sometimes taking the lift was not an option as it only carries 2 people at a time. Also, the room price was quite expensive considering the size of the room (Double), which was very small for 2 people, and the air con did not work properly. Money was kept unsafely as the safe provided was faulty, and did not work. Therefore, money was kept in a wallet, which was kept within a zipper in a handbag, which was kept under the table out of sight. However, we had 35€ stolen from our bags, which the hotel did not want to accept responsibility for. We were sure it was stolen, as we budgeted every day/night. Also, one time when the cleaners were cleaning other rooms, it was seen that the doors were kept wide open so anyone could come in.

The bed was comfy, there was a good shower, and a stunning view from the terrace.

The whole reason for the hotel is to churn tourists as quickly as possible and grab what cash they can. The staff are polite enough, but it is obvious they want to see the back of you. The room decor is economic at best and it is a real shame as there are some wonderful features to the hotel that I would love to see in the hands of a passionate hotel professional as they could make the place great. They really do not have parking as they advertise. You have to drive somewhere near to the hotel, a bloke comes and picks up your car for a hefty fee and then you have to drag your suitcases to the hotel.

It is a good location in a nice period property that has bags of potential, but is unlovingly maintained. Good view from the rooftop and basic but adequate rooms with the a decent shower. The breakfast options are meagre, but what they do provide is good.

• Double Room with Garden View

The coffee- with breakfast. But really in the scheme of things not a big deal.

The breakfast terrace was such a treat to overlook the gardens was fantastic and a unique florence experience. The rooms were clean, modern and bathrooms very well appointed and modern. Great fresh modern rooms for Florence in a great part of town with an authentic Florence feel, particularly the restaurants in the surrounding streets.

• Standard Quadruple Room

97 steps or very small lift to get up and down from street. Room never really cooled off despite the AC. Although it was 100 degrees outside the day we arrived.

Great location. Staff very friendly and accommodating. The rooftop terrace restaurant was amazing.

Unfortunately we had a very strange odd sewage smell coming from the drains in the bathroom on two of our days, but as soon as we flagged it, it was solved by staff, so it is nothing to worry about. Rest of the stay was excellent

Great location and value for money hotel. Much much better than expected so that was great. Big modern rooms with a great shower inside a lovely old building. Our room was also very very quiet for a good nights sleep. Rooftop bar is nice to relax with a wine after a long day and dinner.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Was dissapointed as the hotel maintenance is being done and we were not informed. We asked for a room change and although staff did change our room so that we were not disrupted by the noise early in the morning we were placed on the bottom floor of the hotel which was very difficult to get too and almost dungeon like.

The lobby was three stories off the street with only a two person elevator. We were given a room with scaffolding on all windows and contruction noise during the day. After a 21 hour trip this was a bad start to our stay. We asked immediately to be changed and after several hours of waiting got a room nearby that was fine but angry they would have given us such a terrible room in the first place.

Although the breakfast buffet was just average, the location on the roof terrace was very nice.

Breakfast can be better

Location is perfect, Hotel is near Ponte Vecchio, a perfect spot to start a city tour 👍. NIce smal terrasse with a view on the roofs..

• Economy Double Room

Room was a little on the small size.

We had a meal there both nights and it was exceptional. The staff,service,food and view was amazing and one of the highlights of our 4 week trip around Europe. It was truely a wonderful experience made better by the manager Rafael and his team at the restaurant. It was a bonus to our stay at La Scaletta.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The overall impression we left with was of a money grubbing ownership that don't really care about the hotel or the guests, they just want low to mid market churn which is a real shame as the place has loads of potential if only someone would take it over with real passion they could do a lot. The staff were surly and stressed and you got the impression they just wanted to see the back of you and everything around you is just a bit plain. They do the basics for their star rating, but the property has so much potential. The rooms are of a decent size, but plain and cheap beds, pillows and furnishings, the decor is sparse and uncaring when you have eg a beautiful period staircase with no attentin paid. It sounds alright if you just want to get your head down in the hotel and spend the day or so in Florence, but the whole place gives you a downer and I would recommend staying in a lower grade hotel where some care and attention has been paid.

The showers were really good, though as per most other things they cheaped out on the soaps etc. The location is useful for the centre of town and the building itself is full of character. Rooms are of a decent size for Florence and appoint to a basic standard. The breakfast is actually really tasty and the view from the roof is pretty fine,

Small room, with noisy air con. You have to check in at the hotel opposite but the porter did carry our bags back for us.

Lots of choice for breakfast (in sister hotel opposite, on a beautiful balcony) Totally central location for getting to all major tourist spots, on foot and walking distance to the main train station. tayed the following night at The Scaletta and the porter kindly moved our bags for us

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Garden View

Central location with paid parking available near location, friendly staff, clean and comfortable room. Central location was fantastic, very nice for a short stay to discover Florence

• Economy Double Room with Garden View

The Valet parking - we handed over our rental car to the driver and he returned it with a dent in the door. He said it wasn't him and we have now had to pay for the repair - £500!

Lots of stairs. Make sure you ask for a room workout too many stairs if mobility is a problem for you. The pillows were super uncomfortable and the air conditioner took all night tp work. Lack of powerpoints and of the 5 we had 2 didn't work. Meant we had to unplug side lights to charge phones, boil kettle etc.

The location is fantastic close to the Pitti Palace, restaurants and a supermarket. It has a fabulous terrace and roof top restaurant with thebest views of Florence.

Browse Hotel La Scaletta traveller photo gallery