Reviews of La Settima Luna Guest House Roma

Via Umbria 7, Via Veneto, 00187 Rome, Italy

#2369 of 3,119 B&Bs and Inns in Rome

I was traveling alone and was a bit unsure about when...

I was traveling alone and was a bit unsure about when exactly I would be checking in. The staff was extremely accommodating and was easy to communicate with regarding my check in time. They even allowed me to check out later than usual because nobody would be checking into the room. This was extremely helpful!! The property was quiet and clean, and the location was great!

1. Snack bar is a plus.

1. The maid forgot to supply soap and shampoo from 2nd day of our stay.

1. Snack bar is a plus. 2. 10 minutes walk to metro. 3. With some nice restaurants nearby.

Comfortable, central, stylish and clean. Some things can still be improved!

Communicating in English seemed to be difficult for the staff, which I wouldn't expect in a tourist city like Rome, but their friendliness made up for it! Some details: The mini bar was not on nor was it filled and some amatures in the bathroom are loose - that just made the accomodation seem to be not as well maintained and looked after as presented online. It wasn't a big deal at all, but there's always opportunity for improvement :)

Friendly staff, great value for little money, clean rooms, pleasant area and great location - not too far from Termini nor from lovely areas like Monti, where you can enjoy a glass of wine in one of the many nice bars in the evening and close to Villa Borghese.

Great location, bad experience.
    • Small Double Room

The room was extremely small, he bathroom was not good and we had constant problems with the hot water (did not have even one chance to take a normal full shower with hot water for 4 days). There was construction works in the same building and internal walls (dry walls) were with no insulation whatsoever, so we were able to hear everything in the next room and bathroom. Breakfast was paistry only (nothing salty at all).

The host was very nice, friendly and helpful, sadly his English was far from perfect. The position is in nice area very close to the center and with lots of transport options, especially if you take a 1-3 days transport card

Satisfactory.
    • Suite

On arrival the front door was locked and took a while to find bell. The room was spacious but a little run down. Strong smell of tobacco in room along with occasional sewerage smell in bathroom.

Good location. Handy to railway station and Metro stations. Breakfast was sufficient for a hard day of touring by foot.

Would not recommend booking.com or La Settima Luna to any friend.
    • Small Double Room

I am more angry about the false advertisement of booking.com than the guest house itself. Your site tricked me by stating that I have time until July 13, 2017 to cancel my reservation without penalty. When I reserved the guest house the message said it is non-refundable. Originally, I had plan to reserve two or three places and choose the best one after consulting with my partner. He was away at the time. I was stuck with my poor choice because I was misinformed by booking.com. Staying at this guest house was the worst choice of accommodation in my entire life.

The location.

Everyone has a choice.

First morning, no one was there for breakfast even though I paid for it, when asked staff member it starts at 8am, way too late if on a day tour! Second day helped myself for breakfast as was told to do with other guests doing the same, not exactly what we paid for. Needed help with transfer, no staff member at the reception desk full time, had to leave a not on the desk the next day asked for help, wasn't very helpful, the travel agent next door made a call for me as was too much to ask the reception person he was too busy face timing his kid. A panel of wood from the door frame fell out just missing me, and shower head broke with water going everywhere. Not much more I can say really😳

It was close to everything.

The location was fantastic and the boutique feel without the...
    • Suite

There's very little in the way of amenities on site but that is just being picky. It is agyer all a guest house not a hotel.

The location was fantastic and the boutique feel without the price tag was a really nice touch.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

it was a really central location and easy to walk to vatican...
    • Suite

when we arrived there was no-one in reception and we had to wait in the landing for 45 minutes until someone arrived.

it was a really central location and easy to walk to vatican city or further. there are some really nice restaurants about 2 minute walk at the top of the hill beside the embassy. The room was nice and the hotel was easy to find from the train station.

Great location, clean, well managed - but beware of the one room's shower!

The ONLY thing we did not like was the bathroom situation - the shower pain was tiny, there was only a curtain - water went everywhere and you could hardly move (and we are not big people) - and the drain made the small space doubly dangerous - it was huge and easy to twist your ankle -

The property was in a great location and i will stay there again - what i will do, however, is NOT have the same room - at check out, the house manager showed my daughter and i all of the rooms, and we clearly had the worst - because of the bathroom, really - The place was clean, and simple but nice and Azhar, manager, very nice - but our bathroom killed the experience. We told Azhar our issues and he agreed.

I would not return here

Major issues: - The cockroach in the bathroom. - Being bitten multiple times in the bed by a bug - not by mosquitos! Minor issues: - If you like a white then this is the place for you but it lacks warmth. - The mouldy shower curtain hung on a drooping rail. - Two of the three access keys given were extremely hard to turn and when there is no receptionist there late evening this can be a problem. - Receptionist not very knowledgeable - just pointed to tourist trap area when there were good restaurants in nearby via Flavia. - Tiny TV with black and white images - some documentation for the TV/box and the air conditioning unit would have been useful.

Excellent wifi. Good location. Good sized bathroom. Beautiful wooden floors.

Hidden Gem

There wasn't anyone to meet us when we arrived, but we soon sorted it out with the help of booking.com

The room was massive and simply but beautifully decorated. We had great service too. Our host was incredibly friendly, helpful and knowledgable.

Conveniently located B&B

Noise carries easily which might bother light sleepers. The front door is difficult to unlock.

Azhar was friendly and helpful. Convenient location, clean and very comfortable room. Delicious breakfast!

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Be aware of a couple things before booking.

First of all. I had to wait outside for more than 30min to get in to the property, when staff arrived to the door, he was't aware of my booking. I had some paper work to be done and phone calls to make. Staff seem very annoyed every time I politely ask questions. I hardly was able to sleep, there was noise all night(water draining, loud noises coming from the ceiling etc) The room was a little cold and the wifi was on and off constantly.

location was convenient to the inquiries I need it to get done in Rome.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Comfy stay in Rome

We had problems with hot water in the shower which took a while to get fixed, but then the problem was solved.

The location was very central and everything was clean and tidy.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

One event is influencing my rating significantly...

- very poor water flow rate in a shower - problems with water temperature - I had to do some tricks to get warm water in shower - no duvet cover instead of normal sheet - my friends were staying at the same time in other guest house, it was twice cheaper with a better comfort - [THIS IS STH THAT IS SIGNIFICANTLY INFLUENCING MY RATING]: one day I came back to my room and found indications that sb TOOK SHOWER in my room. There was a lot of long, straight hairs in the shower and basin (and I have blond, curly hairs). I don't know why somebody did this. I don't know whether the owner was aware of this fact. But this is just absolutely unacceptable. My privacy and sense of security in this place was irreversibly damaged.

- the staff was very helpful - the bed was comfortable - the location is very good: close to the many tourist attraction

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Guest house in a nice location, walking distance to Fontana di Trevi

There is nothing I didnt like.

The location of this guest house was really cool - few minutes to metro station and walking distance to Fontana di Trevi. I also did like the bathroom, it was really big/spacious, the bed was also comfy. So perfect value for the money.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

Great location!

I stayed at this guest house with my friends during a busy Christmas week and was very happy with the room and the service. The guest house is centrally located, clean, comfortable and the rooms are spacious. We also enjoyed our breakfast before heading out for a busy day. Great value for Rome.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Amazing location and good value for money in general.

The room I was in was very cold and noisy. There were 2 staff members - one was very friendly and nice, the other one was a bit grumpy and made me feel a bit unwelcome.

Amazing location and good value for money in general. The bathroom was huge and really clean.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Clean and Nice place to stay in Rome

Typical Italian breakfast, always sweet in the morning, no variation. It was al bit noisy due to constructions in the street in the morning.

Location was ideal, very close to the station and the Subway. Room was very Nice and bathroom was perfect. Staf was very attentive and quick to help.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

The best sleep we had in Italy

Breakfast was basic.

Spacious room with incredibly comfy bed. Bathroom was a bit mouldy in parts but otherwise it was very clean and homely. Friendly staff who let us check in early.

We expected more about the meal plan

We expected more about the meal plan

Very spacious room with a huge bathroom.

Very spacious room with a huge bathroom. Close to the train station and close to walk to the Trevi fountain.

It’s a gear value for money, very authentic and clean.
    • Suite

It’s a gear value for money, very authentic and clean. Location is awesome

Comfortable stay, good location close to the city center,...

Shower and bathtub not entirely clean

Comfortable stay, good location close to the city center, nice staff, big bathroom

Nothing to say

A/C does not get cool enough

Shower

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

cold room at night

cold room at night

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

Nice location and staff.

Small room, but large bathroom. A bit noisy. Bad breakfast.

Nice location and staff.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

Location of the guesthouse, comfortable room and nice staff

difficult to contact the receptionist at the check in

Location of the guesthouse, comfortable room and nice staff

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

Friendly and helpful staff, spacious room

Very small shower otherwise excellent

Friendly and helpful staff, spacious room

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

Alguns dia en Roma

I liked the localization, and staff the Hotel, very thoughtful.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

A pleasant place to stay, flexible, staff were GREAT!

staff were fantastic

• Reviewed: 23 May 2016

Room was good size, liked minimalist decor.

No drawers in room for storage only negative

Room was good size, liked minimalist decor. Breakfast limited but adequate. Location excellent, so close to Barberini square and within 10 min walk to Trevi fountain and Spanish steps. Kept luggage and provided somewhere to change before flight home.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2015

The owner was great I had made a mistake and booked a single...

The shower needed a curtain so the floor wouldnt be all wet.

The owner was great I had made a mistake and booked a single room and she made sure we were taken care of. Great location walking distance all around.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2015

The hotel is located in an amazing area close to most famous...

The hotel is located in an amazing area close to most famous attractions . And also close to the metro station Barberini. So much better than the hectic Termini central area . Loads of restaurants and cafes around the area . The room was lovely - very clean . Breakfast was nice too . I would definitely recommend it .

• Reviewed: 1 May 2015

Location, friendly staffclean confortable

Need window repair Could not open.Lock was broken Shower curtain did not reach the shower floor. Bathroom got soaked when took a shower

Location, friendly staffclean confortable

• Reviewed: 1 January 2015

The hotel is in a great location in Rome within walking...

I felt the room was a little cold as it was very cold in Rome an extra blanket would have been useful. Also breakfast was very i exciting and very little choice.

The hotel is in a great location in Rome within walking distance to Termini and many main attractions.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2016

Huge room with AC.

Wi-Fi was week and only avg 1MB download. Breakfast was basic.

Huge room with AC.

• Reviewed: 13 September 2015

They made me wait for one hour on the street with a 9 month...

They made me wait for one hour on the street with a 9 month baby.

• Reviewed: 13 September 2015

The host was great and very attentive to our needs.

The host was great and very attentive to our needs. The location was great. A beautiful find in Roma. Would definitely stay again.

There are also 15 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.