Reviews of Hotel La Floridiana 4 stars

Campo Di Teste 16, 80073 Capri, Italy

#30 of 36 hotels in Capri

A good stay in an expensive area!
    • Small Single Room

The room I was in, was very outdated and run down. It is also exceptionally small. However Capri is a very expensive place to stay so if your trying to get a deal to get the costs down then you have to give and take. Overall the hotel was a very good stay with a good pool and sunbathing area.

The location of the hotel is exceptionally good, literally a two minute walk from the main area of Capri. The wifi was also very good along with the breakfast. Also the pool, although small is more than adequate. The wifi is also very good.

It was a last minute decision to spend the night on Capri so...
    • Superior Triple Room with Sea View

It was a last minute decision to spend the night on Capri so the value was amazing. The check in and out process was smooth and the free breakfast was amazing.

The property was in a location
    • Classic Double Room with City View

The property was not great value for money. Having looked at other hotels for the same price, and in even better locations, this paled in comparison.

The property was in a location

The hotel was just a little off the beaten path and the...
    • Superior Double Room with Sea View

The hotel was just a little off the beaten path and the swarm of tourist. We booked a superior ocean view room and had a beautiful patio although it was somewhat shared by our neighbours with an wall installed for privacy. The room was big and the bed comfy. The pool was awesome and enjoyed the sun patio. There was also a small fridge filled with over priced drinks, we found a grocery store and used the fridge for our food and drinks. The breakfast was minimum, assortment of bread cheese meat and hard boiled eggs. We enjoyed our stay here.

It was ok.
    • Superior Double Room with Sea View

The restaurant could have been brilliant, great views etc., but the food wasn’t great. On an evening the restaurant was souless. Not a place for intimate dinners, it lacked any kind of charm.

The room was well appointed with great sea views. The staff on reception were very helpful and always available. They gave us a small talk on our arrival of things to do and a bus timetable.

• Superior Double Room with Sea View

We weren’t informed of anything when we checked in, breakfast timings, check out etc, where pool was located. The lady at the desk didn’t seem to know much, not sure if she was just covering or was member of staff.

Lovely hotel with great views and great staff.
    • Superior Double Room with Sea View

The staff were excellent and super helpful. The bed was very hard ( for my taste) but the staff kindly and quickly provided mattress toppers to help. I was very impressed with their service.

It was a nice hotel, good location and nice view, but not worth the money we spent
    • Classic Double Room with City View

I really didn't find that the room was worth what we had to pay for it. We were in the off season and still had to pay high prices. The room was nice, but not great. The pool closes really early, and breakfast starts later than most places we stayed

My husband and I traveled to Capri and stayed one night. The location of the hotel was great and we had a beautiful view

Nice location, excellent staff but not value for money. Not a 4 Star Hotel by European standards.
    • Superior Double Room with Sea View

Do not book rooms in the #40's range. They are directly under the breakfast dining room. So every morn at 6:30am you get to hear staff, chairs and tables moving around above and then the guests. If you like sleeping in late these are definitely the wrong rooms to book. Rooms need a serious makeover. Very dated and lacking. Grimy grout in the bathroom. Couch armrest and headrest dirty and greasy from years of use. Hotels in Capri tend to be extremely free and loose with words to describe themselves. Read many personal reviews before deciding.

View was good, Breakfast was very nice and wait/reception staff excellent. A/C worked exceptionally good.

Upgraded to a sea view which was so lovely of them, and the...
    • Classic Double Room with City View

Upgraded to a sea view which was so lovely of them, and the service was amazing. Rooms were light and airy, breakfast was on point (good GF options) and reception staff so knowledgable!

We enjoyed our night here very much.
    • Superior Double Room with Sea View

Very friendly and helpful staff, though the Lady at the front desk gave us wrong information about the best time to see the blue grotto. She said morning, but it was totally dark. Later we found out evening would have been much better. But maybe she did not know.

Quiet spot but close to the action.
    • Superior Double Room with Sea View

Shower head wouldn't twist inwards over bath so water always on floor.

Great location only two minute walk to main shopping street. Lovely pool area. Ocean front rooms with balconies worth the extra. Comfortable bed. Helpful friendly staff.

I feel like the staff were overall pretty nice and the pool was lovely but, my trust was violated.
    • Small Single Room

The night I stayed I had decided to go out for a couple hours (I must have left the hotel around 8:30 pm) and when I returned (around midnight) I noticed that things in the room had been rearranged and an item had been taken out of my room (I had taken the rooms key off it's keychain, and they took the keychain). I payed 200 euros to stay at this hotel, and I honestly feel like the staff somewhat violated my trust entering my room the only night I stayed. Besides that whole ordeal, the rooms walls are thin and the cleaning crew is extremely loud in the morning. The doors where slamming open and closed from 7:00 am until 11:00 am.

The location was wonderful because it was only a five minute walk from the plaza and about three minute walk to sight see! The hotel also upgraded my room to something bigger which was sweet.

Excellent hotel on Capri
    • Superior Double Room with Sea View

The price is a little expensive, but the island is so special and beautiful.

Very good hotel to a honey moon, we enjoied a lot our accommodation, incredible room with a lot of space, closets, excellent air conditioner, and the bathroom was very good too. The breakfast view is amazing, and the food as well. I strongly reccommend this hotel.

Good location but high price
    • Superior Triple Room with Sea View

The high price of the rooms made me think to try other hotels in the island. I'd expect more with such price.

I like the view from the room balcony, and restaurant terrace. Also, it has a very good location, which allows you to walk to many tourists spots in Capri. It's near to the main Piazza.

We loved the view & Experience of Floridiana in Capro
    • Superior Triple Room with Sea View

They did not provide us our original room that was prepaid for 3 people on the first night. They gave us 2 rooms, TINY...and one without Ac.

Amazing view. GreaT room for families. Loved deck. Staff was accommodating.

Island of Dreams
    • Superior Double Room with Sea View

When you travel there's usually a trade-off between beauty of location and convenience getting to it. This had it about right, in a lovely setting worth the effort.

Beauty of location, views, pleasant hotel staff

Excellent Location, friendly staff.
    • Superior Triple Room with Sea View

Only a Pool Bar. No actual bar in the Hotel. Breakfast choice was quite basic and pool is in the shade from 4pm onwards and was freezing cold. The bathrrom although very large was very dated and looked shabby in places.

The staff and service was truly excellent in all areas.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Wonderful hotel in Capri
    • Small Single Room

The breakfast is very good and has lot of choice. The room is net and very comfortable. The temperature is not too high and not too low inside. The view is great for including the terrasse for breakfast. I recommend.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

I would stay here again!
    • Classic Double Room with City View

Bathroom grout was a little discolored but it was clean and they seem to be doing renovations throughout the hotel.

One of the better hotels we've stayed in Italy! The breakfast was better than average and the front desk staff were very friendly and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

Free room upgrade.
    • Small Single Room

The staff barely acknowledged me or said a word to me upon check-in; they didn't give me any kind of introduction/orientation to the hotel or area; they didn't offer to help me with anything during my stay. The hotel was also under construction (probably getting ready for high season) so I couldn't even enjoy my breakfast without construction workers obstructing what would have been a gorgeous view. The breakfast was subpar. There was ham and cheese just sitting out - which looked unappetizing - and a bunch of bread. Just sad...

Free room upgrade.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

An easy walk to the center of town, beautiful sea view from...
    • Junior Suite with Sea View (4 Adults)

An easy walk to the center of town, beautiful sea view from pool and breakfast restaurant. Clean and comfortable. Nice staff, very helpful, booked our charming traditional private gozzo boat tour for circling the island. Boat driver was very nice - let us swim into the Blue Grotto since it was closed to boats that day due to wave height.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Family trip in this hotel was very nice
    • Superior Triple Room with Sea View

The place of the hotel is very good. You can easily reach Piazza Umberto in 10mins by easy slow walk. The staffs were very kind and helpful. We loved the sea view from our balcony.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

The hotel didn't quite come up to our expectations!
    • Junior Suite with Sea View

The were very little place for sunbathing at the pool area. The choice of food at the breakfast room was really poor, often there were empty trays, no fresh fruit or vegetables. The juice machine was not working properly. Not enough staff, nobody greeted you upon arrival, nobody offered you hot food unless you asked. The service was not appropriate for a four star hotel.

Good location. close to the centre. Great view from the balcony.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Only 2 highlights: spectacular views and great location. Dated Bathrooms and Bedrooms
    • Classic Double Room with City View

Bathrooms are very dated; tricky keeping the water temp stable during a shower. Bedroom furniture has seen better days...

Excellent included breakfast, beautiful views.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

Nice room, great view, friendly staff!
    • Superior Double Room with Sea View

Wifi was poor at best...limited coverage, multiple outages, and very slow. Breakfast was average/basic...nothing fancy.

Nice room, great view, friendly staff!

Friendly atmosphere
    • Classic Double Room with City View

Be aware when you arrive you have to walk a lot with your bags so arrange transportation of bags when you get there or before.

Extremely friendly staff, especially the chef and the Sri Lankan receptionist. Excellent view

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

Awful. Period.
    • Small Single Room

Location is good and that's it. The single room was absurdly filthy, the drain was awful. The staffs were epic, really rude and cold.

Location, location, location.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Floridiana @ Capri

Wifi did not work in the rooms. Pool rules!

Friendly and helpful staff,especially the breakfast team and Simona at reception. Rooms were excellent, views fantastic. Nice pool area. Very close to town centre. Amazing island.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

The room was lovely and spacious, with a beautiful view.
    • Classic Double Room with City View

Sadly, the bed wasn't too comfortable (but not a big deal)

The room was lovely and spacious, with a beautiful view. The breakfast was tasty and good location.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

Paid more than it was advertised
    • Superior Double Room with Sea View

Well, I opted for the option of pay when you stay, which was €50 more than nonrefundable option. At check in I told the staff that I want to pay cash now, but they told me dont worry about it and it is OK. But I realised that they have charged my card £700 and when I told them they release the money, but the money that reached to my bank was £670! So I opted to pay more just to spend my holiday money but end up paying even more and nobody took responsibility for that. They should not took the money in the first place and when I contacted the hotel directly they told me it is what it is!

The location was great

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

Great location, close to town centre but away from crowds.

Breakfasts - staff seemed under pressure. Poor showers (hand-held).

Great location, close to town centre but away from crowds. Sea views excellent. Front desk staff helpful.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

Fantastic location and hotel for a relaxing stay in Capri.
    • Superior Double Room with Sea View

Bed were quite small, my feet were almost coming out of the bed...

Great staff, great location, you have everything you need at the hotel. Great breakfast.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

Location, complimentary champagne/ fresh flowers.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Terrace and Sea View

Very Expensive for a 3 star 'type' accommodation. Euro 610 per night on B/B!! Bathroom was very poor, the water just does not drain in the bath/shower. The floor in the bathroom will be full of water after a 3 minute shower. we were supposed to have the best room...

Location, complimentary champagne/ fresh flowers...

Variety in breakfast

Location View Staff

Great hotel, easy walk from the square, the pool and view...
    • Small Single Room

Great hotel, easy walk from the square, the pool and view were amazing, staff were excellent...highly recommend

Everything was perfect and we got an upgrade to a junior...
    • Flexible Room

Everything was perfect and we got an upgrade to a junior suite which was amazing. The pool is great and so is the breakfast

This place is like a paradise!
    • Small Single Room

Very good croissant and bed extra comfy!

Everything was lovely.
    • Superior Triple Room with Sea View

Would have liked a higher room for a better view.

Un paradiso
    • Small Single Room

Everything, location, staff kindness, a paradise. Exceptional breakfast and restaurant service.

Absolutely lovely.

All was good. No complaints

Beautiful place with lots of charm and class.

view, location, personal

breakfast

view, location, personal

Beautiful stunning island. Would love to return
    • Classic Double Room with City View

We got an upgrade which was wonderful. Thanks

Hotel under maintenance

No wifi Reception area

VIEW

Nice location, friendly staff
    • Flexible Room

The room location was close to the staircase and I could hear noise from people passing by

Nice location, friendly staff

The room was really cold.
    • Small Single Room

The room was really cold. It was cold outside so...

Good classic hotel with a great view
    • Junior Suite with Sea View

The hotel room felt outdated

Breakfast was expensive but great. The view from the terrace is breathtaking.

An amazing stay, very modern hotel in a great location with good pool area.
    • Classic Double Room with City View

The hotel had an amazing outside pool area with terrace with sea views. The hotel was modern and located minutes from the town centre.

Nice hotel for the price paid, and the family room was very...
    • Quadruple Room with City View

Staff at breakfast were extremely moody.

Nice hotel for the price paid, and the family room was very spacious

Beautiful view of the ocean, good breakfast

Beautiful view of the ocean, good breakfast

Fun relaxing but I would have liked hot water!
    • Superior Double Room with Sea View

No hot water for one evening and no apology

The hotel room view and facilities were amazing. Great breakfast.

Wonderfull romantic hotel, the pool and the view were excellent.
    • Classic Double Room with City View

The walk to the hotel, was not what we liked, very elite shops, Channel, Prada etc.

Breakfast was excellent, with an amazing view.

Staff very friendly, location, structure

Staff very friendly, location, structure

All Alright
    • Classic Double Room with City View

Really expensive addings in the hotel. Room service etc not worth the price.

Really nice hotel lovely area

Convenient location, breakfast was decent
    • Small Single Room

Wifi was poor on the room. No cell phone signal either. Furniture was dated. Room phone didn't work.

Convenient location, breakfast was decent

Very good location, breakfast and the administrator (Dina),...
    • Small Single Room

Very good location, breakfast and the administrator (Dina), which guided me to all the sights of the island.

Memorable, recommended in every way.
    • Superior Triple Room with Sea View

Rather a long walk from the taxi, in common with many hotels on Capri.

Delicious breakfast, lovely clean pool,excellent view from room,great staff.

It was great
    • Classic Double Room with City View

Shower was a bit dirty and drinks where expensive

Great location great views helpful staff

Great location, great view.
    • Superior Triple Room with Sea View

Great location, great view. Staff was awesome! Will come back for sure!

excellent

exc

view pool

Was not bad

Staff

Just the price is good but location and facilities not that much...breakfast was poor

Not my trip
    • Junior Suite with Sea View (4 Adults)

The AC room was so hot abd ac not working properly

Great hotel in heart of Capri.
    • Classic Double Room with City View

Great hotel in heart of Capri.

Capri Trip
    • Small Single Room

Nice team and the breakfast was amazing 😉

Location is great!

Great Location

noce staff , very welcoming :)
    • Superior Triple Room with Sea View

noce staff , very welcoming :)

• Deluxe Double Room with Terrace and Sea View

Decorated

Our place in Capri

n/a

This is our preferred place in Capri.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Junior Suite superclass, convenient breakfast hours, large...
    • Junior Suite with Sea View

At this price luggage transport for free would have been appropriate

Junior Suite superclass, convenient breakfast hours, large pool, beautiful view

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Fantastic Place for all.
    • Small Single Room

Booking.COM misrepresented the cost of the Room.

The view from the balcony, the breakfast, the pool, the room and the friendly Staff.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Chic, spectacular view with great value on Capri!
    • Classic Double Room with City View

Patio not relatively private.

The Receptionist was very friendly, professional and went out of her way to accommodate us.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Top customer service.

Pool bar too expensive

Top customer service. Got free upgrade when they found out we were on a honeymoon.

Capri is paradise on earth. Loved it

View

the room smells very bad no warm water.
    • Small Single Room

the room smells very bad no warm water...

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Would recommend it to friends
    • Junior Suite with Sea View (4 Adults)

One of the restaurant staff was rude and the Breakfast service was slow

Spacious rooms good location Good view of the sea from our room balcony

Browse Hotel La Floridiana traveller photo gallery