Reviews of Le Petit Hotel 3 stars

Via San Francesco D'Assisi 21, Centro, 10121 Turin, Italy

#49 of 117 hotels in Turin

Based on 2093 hotel reviews

• Economy Single Room

Its a bit of a labyrinth getting about, not least on the floor where breakfast is. Checkout is a bit too early, although they look after your luggage and they also allowed me to check in early on my return (swings and roundabouts)

The location is excellent, both for the station at Porta Susa and the tourist and business centre. I had stayed before so I knew the rooms would be small-ish. The first room I stayed in was a bit older, the second room on my return looked to have been refurbished, was smart and clean. What really struck me was how peaceful and quiet it was at night, although I did have an interior room looking on an internal courtyard, and with my own terrace/ balcony space of the sort typical of Italian interiors. I would certainly consider staying there again, the price was good value for money.

• Standard Single Room

Minibar was empty (had just a bottle of water) Very small bathroom, with very narrow toilet and bide basins Cold feeling room (ceramic floor, no tapestry) Plastic glasses for breakfast juice Unfriendly and noisy staff (but polite)

Good location/neighborhood Good price/quality ratio Room size was good (for a 3* hotel) Mattress was OK WiFi signal level and speed were OK

• Economy Single Room

I liked this hotel. It was nearby downtown, close to Porta Susa, clean, comfortable and it keeps this vintage thing of not having cards as keys but actual keys, which I loved. I made me feel like in medieval north Italy. Please, keep it that way!!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Due to its location there may some noise from the road but this wasn’t a problem

Good location friendly staff clean and comfortable ideal for a short break

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Two of the staff were indifferent, unfriendly. No kettle in room.

Very basic room but good for overnight stay. The lady checking us in was lovely and allowed us to check in early and the lady who checked us out was also pleasant. Breakfast was adequate. Convenient location to both railway stations.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

More space in the dining room

Breakfast food was excellent but the room was too small for the number of guests and the staff had difficulty seating everyone.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Shower cubicle rather small, all the rest nothing to complain about

Very central location, quiet hotel, good breakfast and loads of TV channels available

• Standard Double or Twin Room

nothing to complain about.

I really liked the room and that the hotel accommodated our needs. The personnel was very kind as well, and breakfast very good.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I was charged €100 extra for my 5yrs old kid as I booked a double instead of a triple. My kid sleeps between us in a double bed when we are on holiday The below is what I received in the confirmation email - All children are welcome. There is no capacity for extra beds in the room. Our last night (9 April) we had to sleep early since we had any early flight but could not sleep before 1am since a lot of noise and music could be heard from the room. Complained to reception at around 10pm and was told that noise was coming from outside the hotel, from an adjacent apartment and they cannot do anything.

Breakfast is good and healthy. One of us in wheelchair had no issue around the floors of hotel.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Someone arrived late on Friday night near my room and it was noisy from 12 till 3am. Lots of noise from furniture being moved around.

Room was clean and the hotel is in a great location. Breakfast was good.

• Standard Single Room

The room was a bit noisy due to street traffic, and although the bathroom was clean, the toilet bowl was a bit small.

Very kind personal, a room that met my expactations, and a WLAN you can actually work with. As a hotel guest, you get a 10 % disount for the restaurant.

• Standard Single Room

The Staff are extremely rude and show a complete lack of interest in their job to take care of guests. Very unhelpful with any requests from guests. They could benefit from a course on using the words grazie mille and per favore (please and thank you) This review is from an Italian speaking guest but the bad attitude of the staff was the same in both languages as far as I head during my stay.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

But small but important things reduced overall experience: such as no kettle in the room or cups, no toothpaste, toothbrushes or slippers. No shampoo even. Kettle was quite important for me and to my idea that kettle is a fairly expected item for a hotel room the receptionist very categorically replied "Absolutely not" and suggested i should have written in my booking about it. Oh yes and the fungus in the bathroom wall corners ... just because there is no ventilation in the bathroom.

Very good location, building design, decoration (seems newly refurbished), very food breakfast. excellent window view. Good value for money.

• Standard Triple Room

Bunk beds are really uncomfortable. Staff hardly speak any English, very hard to communicate. Breakfast dreadful, no choice for people who don't eat pork: not a lot to choose from for breakfast.

• Standard Single Room

The great location! It’s not far from Palazzo Reale, Duomo di Torino and other sightseeings, transport stops, shopping streets and bus and railway stations. Clean and cozy suites. Normal breakfasts.

• Standard Single Room

only one of the otherwise nice staff seemed quite cool and reserved

The room was charming and immaculately kept up. The view overlooking the street was lovely. Centrally located and easy to come and go. Nice breakfast, though the machine cappuchino was pre-sweetened; delicious scrambled eggs. Quiet and peaceful. Good value.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I can't think of anything that could have been better.

We liked everything about the hotel and especially the restaurant which was super super excellent. Great and friendly staff. Wonderful food and wine. Location would be hard to beat - easy walking to everything.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The bed and pillow were a nightmare.

Even thought it was so hard to get there, everything is walking distance from here, most of the famous touristic attractions.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

When we arrived we were sorry that the desk staff seemed so fatigued.

Comfortable bed, double-paned windows to block out noise, good shower. Well managed restaurant with fresh, well prepared food and friendly, efficient staff.

• Standard Single Room

My only real complaint is that the supply of toiletries is really limited and poor, it is strongly recommended that one brings his own products

I've been to le Petit Hotel several times and I can't complain. Rooms are decent and clean even though the furnishing is a bit old and breakfast has a good choice. Location is extremely good since it's a few metres away from Piazza Castello.

Hallways a little grubby

Greatly located, huge room with kitchen, nice bathroom. Room was great and equipped with everything you need. Breakfast was ok, unfortunately the breakfast room is in the basement but with plenty of seats. Good Wi-Fi. Staff very friendly and fluent in English.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We stayed at the hotel for two nights. We arrived around 3:00 pm and found the staff at Reception rather tired looking and generally out of sorts. The following morning they had apparently managed to catch up on their sleep and were in fact much nicer. The safe didn't work. We informed Reception and it was fixed the day after. A visit to the bathroom in the middle of the second night unfortunately brought me face to face with a cockroach, which was not appreciated.

The location of the hotel is indeed very good. It is 15 minutes on foot from the Porta Nuova train station and about the same from Piazza Castello. As we had requested, we were given a quiet room facing the interior court. We also found the two single beds we had asked for.

The toilet / bathroom in a single room is too small. The toilet seat and the shell is unusually designed and very uncomfortable (too high and to narrow - see picture).

The location is excellent.

• Economy Double or Twin Room

Lack of flexibility to adjust number of days originally booked. Regardless compelling needs to leave the Hotel one day earlier, no adjustment to price due to less number of days stayed at the Hotel was accepted.

Location, value for money

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• Economy Double or Twin Room

We had to pay for air conditioning but as we got a very cheap deal through booking.com we didn't mind.

The location is very close to the main square. The bedroom and bathroom was a good size and very comfortable. Good choices for breakfast

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Afternoon/evening desk receptionist was not friendly, couldn't enter our passport info right away so we went up to our room for 20 minutes, came back down, and she still hadn't done it. So we had to wait another 10 minutes before we were able to collect them. Refrigerator did not work. Air conditioning stopped working during the night. We booked this place primarily for A/C!

Location was good - close to most sights.

• Standard Single Room

A very good 3-star hotel. Clean and quiеt. Well located for visiting the town centre. There is an excellent restaurant next door where I got a discount for staying in the hotel.

• Economy Single Room

Maze of rooms to pass through to breakfast room. Croissants not fresh and crispy. Trad selection to include General, breakfast teas with no flavours. I bought some at Carrefour. Hotel can give map of city. Booklets in languages but no English. Had to reconnect to WiFi each time I returned or intermittently.

Location. Restaurant. Cleanliness. Use of computer. Competent staff. Friendly staff Hotel has a smart look to it. 2 lifts to use.

• Standard Single Room

the staff at the reception is extremely rude and unwelcoming.

The hotel is very well located - in the centre of Torino and walking distance from two railway stations. The single room was small but very clean and well kept.

• Economy Double or Twin Room

- Air conditioning stopped working even though we paid for the upgrade just to get the air conditioning. When we spoke to the staff about it they were not concerned, and sounded like they knew it was a problem already. - Charged for water in room even though there were no signs in the room saying how much they cost and no indication that they weren't complimentary. - Breakfast was one of the worst I've had. Cornflakes tasted like cardboard. Items not replenished.

- Location was great - only a short walk to the major sites - Lift - so easy to carry bags - Clean

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The breakfast room could be a bit more accessible.

Excellent location - a few blocks away from Madama Palace and the Egyptian Museum. The staff were very helpful staff who - among other things - went out of their way to suggest the best ways to get around in the city depending on our interests. The hotel restaurant is quite affordable and good as well.

• Standard Single Room

I found the staff rude and unproffessional. There was an issue with my booking and the staff was not helpful at all. I called the hotel and then had two Italian-speaking colleagues calling on my behalf but received different and unhelpful information. I also emailed the hotel a couple of times. Until arrival I was not certain if I will have a room. On arrival the staff at the reception told me they have been expecting to hear from me and have not received any of my emails. In the end I got a room but received no apology or explanation why the situation was so badly handled.

• Economy Single Room

When I checked in to the hotel in the evening the female staff wasn't friendly at all. The male and female staff in the late shift, they were not approachable. On the other hands, two female staff working during the day they were good and helpful. Very noisy. My sleep was disturbed.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Kettle in room would have been great

Nice clean hotel with family run feel. Large bedroom, quiet in inner courtyard. Breakfast fine, air conditioning and Wi fi worked well.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel was anything but 'petit' - a big rambling place. We were given a room which looked like a student's hostel and was extremely basic. We were given a better room when we questioned this, but why were we not given that room in the first place? The worst thing about the hotel were the staff who were anything but pleasant to the point of rudeness!

The location was good

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

• Standard Single Room

Two days before getting to Turin I called the hotel to make sure everything was in order, reservation etc. I do it all the time. Surprisingly, the receptionist had no access to the computer. When I arrived I got a brusque reception, no greetings and a request for immediate payment in full. The employee said the policy is stated clearly in the hotel description. It isn't. She also said this is done all over the world. It isn't. The evening before I left I asked for a wake up call. They couldn't do it. Let me add that the receptionist Daniele was helpful with maps, suggestions and reservations at a nearby restaurant.

Good location. Can walk to most attractions. Good breakfast and friendly person in the breakfast room. Excellent restaurant next door. Turin has more to offer than many tourists know. Of all the interesting day trips out of town I'd recommend Aosta, a historic town surrounded by impressive mountain peaks.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The location was perfect for exploring the Historic parts of Turin. The attached restaurant was pretty good so if all the walking has tired you out no need to go far for your evening meal. Breakfast was good (Continental only) Modern look downstairs but the rooms are a little bit dated but very clean.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Not "that" important ... but ... prego, change/arrange the coffee machine.

Excellent localisation, 500 meters far from Castello Square and San Carlo Square; very-very proper room and bathroom; excellent bed; high quality breakfast for three-star hotel standards (just a little negative stroke with the coffee quality); kind and helpful staff. Very good (and not that expensive) restaurants nearby; I specifically recommend the two following ones: Da Peppino, Via Mercanti 9, plenty of locals (so far), 200 meters far from the hotel & Marechiaro, the hotel restaurant, that closes very-very-very late.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

• Standard Single Room

The room was noisy, as trams are running nearby. I was probably unlucky but there was s series of power cuts in the hotel on both days of my stay. The breakfast was basic, even the coffee was not great (in Italy!). Uncomfortably shaped toilet.

Good location in the centre. Clean.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The breakfast could have been better. I would have appreciated real coffee, not from a machine, fewer sweet cakes, unsweetened yoghurt, a better choice of ham, cheese and eggs.

Excellent location, comfortable bed, clean. The restaurant is nice, with a large choice, gives guests of the hotel a discount

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The location was excellent. The room was clean and tidy. The staff were helpful and flexible when we requested a car space for an additional 3 hours after checkout.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

• Standard Single Room

Breakfast was free but was very basic and didn't taste very good. Wallpaper peeling off walls, it needs a facelift.

Cheap and cheerful - great location, decent sized bathroom, clean

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Coffee at breakfast could be better as fom a machine but plenty of cafes around to have real Italian coffee!

Great location right in the centre of Turin, you can walk to most major attractions or easily take public transport. Calm and quiet despite being in centre.Very friendly and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

• Standard Single Room

The breakfast was lacking. Too many cakes and when they had eggs they were cold. Not "lukewarm" but cold. Cold scrambled eggs. Ugh. The coffee machine coffee wasn't good either. I was totally put off by the breakfast selection. It was my major complaint. Things like the size of the room (small) and the size of the shower (postage stamp) and the fact there wasn't a comfy chair to sit in (size of room again) is explainable. That they don't make more of an effort at breakfast is not.

The price was right. The location fantastic. It was EXACTLY where one needs to be to see Turin. For someone who needed to spend a week in Turin- by himself and not being a needy diva, it is a good hotel. The room was very small- which I put under "what did you like" because it wasn't a deal breaker. I didn't mind that....for the most part.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

• Standard Single Room

the hotel is great, friendly staff, great location just in the center of the city, with great places to eat just next door and around the corner. very easy to get around the city from this location.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Nothing of any substance. It does what it sets out to well and met our requirements.

Location is excellent within walking distance of all the key city centre attractions. The partner restaurant grew on us, good staff helpful and enthusiastic. Rooms are clean and well appointed.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Lovely room overlooking the internal courtyard - very quiet and comfortable. Staff were friendly and helpful. Had a great meal in the hotel restaurant on Saturday night - true Italian hospitality!

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Check-in was impersonal. No guest compendium in room to provide information. A local area map could have been offered on arrival.

Early checkout was efficient and professional. Room cleanliness and beds were excellent.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel needs some renovation, especially concerning climate control in the rooms. On a hot night, windows have to be opened, which exposes one to street noise.

The location, quiet, very good breakfast buffet, and staff willing to be as helpful as possible. The hotel is extremely well built so that one hears nothing from neighbors.

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

• Economy Triple Room

1) Asked to pay extra for air conditioning. In a supposed three star hotel in Turin, I would expect this to come as standard. I was asked for 10 Euros, which was then increased to 20 Euros. After an unpleasant negotiation, they accepted 10Euros. 2) They do not have the facility to print from their lobby computer, so was unable to print off my boarding pass. Again, this should be standard. Instead the receptionist said I should just email them my boarding pass and they could print it out. A frequent traveller, I have yet to come across an airline website that offers this. 3) Reception staff were rude, unhelpful and not very nice at all. Fortunately, this was not typical behaviour in Turin, which is lovely. 4) Access to internet was limited. I was given a password and when my husband asked for the password, he was told a separate password would be required and he would have to pay for it. After another unpleasant negotiation, he was grudgingly given a password for free, but it expired after a single use.

Location was excellent. Clean. Nice generous breakfast and helpful staff on hand at breakfast.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

• Economy Triple Room

Room too hot no air con. Hotel next to a very noisy road so unable to sleep. It was either too hot with the windows closed so you couldn't sleep or too noisy with windows open so couldn't sleep. We left at 4am drove to airport do we could sleep on the seats!! Would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Staff helpful and friendly, great location for sight seeing.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Do ask aboit air-conditioning in your room, not all rooms have it.

Great location, close to everything worth seeing. We drove in, some areas of the city looked sketxhy, but center is nice and safe. Do visit Cinema Museum, especially if traveling with children. Street parking is available (use blue metered spaces, free on weekends). Comfortable beds, helpful staff, good breakfast. Restaurant next do is good too.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

No airconditioning in our room, but the weather was not hot, so not a problem

The staff and, in particular, Federica, were particularly helpful. The restaurant next door was great. We could easily walk to the centre of the City. Paid, but secure, undercover parking a short walk away.

Stayed in May 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The breakfasts were predominantly SWEET material, the toast was not very good bread.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

English medium television channels would have been an improvement.

Very pleasant staff.

Beds and staff at counter not so friendly. Helpful but not friendly.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

one of the persons in the front desk was very rude

the hotel is in the center of everything

• Standard Triple Room

The bes was really small

The position

• Standard Single Room

Rooms are a bit outdated

• Standard Triple Room

There were some ants in the room

Location is great, rooms were well sized and equipped and breakfast was decent

• Standard Single Room

When you have a room close to an elevator can be quite loudly..

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Central location, very clean, friendly staff.

Decent location and price

• Standard Single Room

The bedroom was very clean

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was really noisy.

• Standard Single Room

The room was a little outdated. However it was in a great location and clean.

Everything was very clean and the staff was great.

• Standard Single Room

One of the stuff was very rude , the others where ok.

We only had breakfast there, but it is super

All very good.

A comfortable hotel, within reasonable walking distance of the railway station and in the vibrant city centre.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff could be more helpful.

The location is excellent, and the breakfast is good.

• Standard Single Room

Good location, rich breakfast.

• Standard Single Room

The shower. Kept on slipping in it. Found it quite dangerous.

Location is amazing. The room itself was comfortable.

• Standard Single Room

More different salt food for b/f

Staff person

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Quiet room, fresh air from windows opening on to balcony and courtyard, excellent location near Piazza Castello in heart of old town.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Large room with lovely view. Perfect location near everything

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Central location, quite, friendly and clean.

Browse Le Petit Hotel traveller photo gallery