Reviews of Hotel Leone 3 stars

Via Parsano 10, 80067 Sorrento, Italy

#40 of 77 hotels in Sorrento

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

A great value hotel within easy qalking distance of the centre of Sorrento

A very friendly, family run hotel with helpful reception staff. The smiling faces of the girls in the breakfast room could not have been more welcoming every morning. Nothing was too much trouble. Our room was kept beautifully clean and the bathroom towels were changed daily.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Excellent breakfast and wonderful staff in breakfast room,...

Wi Fi wasn't brilliant.. cleaning of rooms started very early before 8am and woke us up.. Safe in room very dodgy and reception manager claimed I just didn't know how to operate it :-(

Excellent breakfast and wonderful staff in breakfast room, very friendly and accommodating and very eager to please. Night manager very warm and friendly

A convenient and lovely quaint hotel.

Everything was very good. The shower was a little small in our room but we pretended it was like being on a cruise ship!!

The Hotel was very clean. Staff was great and very helpful with information. The Breakfast was excellent everyday. You could not have asked for a better location. Close to entrance to main area to get to the square and 10 minute walk from the bus/train station

Great location, so close to Fontana Di Trevi.

Great location, so close to Fontana Di Trevi. Excellent host who was friendly and gave us great local advice. Breakfast was fantastic. Definitely will stay here again.

Nice hotel good location

We would have liked a view on the sea but there were none at all in the hotel

Pleasant staff clean facility and nice breakfast. Relatively easy walking distance to Sorento town centre. Private on site car parking

Friendly hotel in a good location

I have nothing negative to say about this hotel.

Friendly hotel staff with a welcoming front desk manager. Nice buffet breakfast which you can choose to eat in the small garden should you wish. Conveniently located 10 minutes’ walk to the centro stoico and 15 mins to the railway station for the train to Pompeii. If you’re driving the hotel & its parking are well signposted on the main road through Sorrento.

we could clearly hear all other noises, showers, water...

we could clearly hear all other noises, showers, water running from neighbouring room. The sliding bathroom door was stiff. The reception staff need to be more GENUINELY friendly to all guests.

They had an issue with ants and a hair dryer with more than...

They had an issue with ants and a hair dryer with more than 2000v won't work, other hotels have that option for their guests. The close distance from everything and the friendly staff are the only advantages. Could find better hotels for the same price.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Nice place to stay.

The lack of coffee in the room.

Loved the balcony and the fact that the hotel was a bit away from the noisy centre but still a close enough to walk. The stuff was really friendly.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Excellent!

Clean hotel, excellent service, large and beautiful rooms, free parking, about 10 minutes walk to the center, about 20 minutes walk to the port. Highly recommended

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Magical Sorrento

Short walk to the main precinct with lots of shops and restaurants. Bed was super comfy, large shower, overall the room was very spacious with nice decor. We loved Sorrento and Hotel Leone we hope to visit again soon.

The day Managers, Rude, no water pressure on the 4th floor or AC. Stay away.

The day Managers, Rude, lied to us. He shut off the elevator to make us walk up the stairs. I waited on the 2 floor and saw him turn it back on for the other guests. I had no water pressure out of my shower. I found this out after soaping up and having to remove the hand held shower and squirting the small stream the remove the soap from my lower half. He did nothing to help me out. If I were the owner of this hotel, I would get rid of both of the day managers. I would not go back to that hotel if they let me stay for free. Warning steer clear of this hotel. Overpriced and not worth it. They need to put Maurico to the day shift and handle the guests like they should be treated.

I like the night manager. His name is Maurico. He was very good people person. Help you all he could. I think he should be made the day manager as he knows how to treat hotel guests.

Loved this hotel especially having a balcony and being so near all the activity.

Breakfast served from 7.30 so as we had an early departure for a trip we had a rush one morning and missed a breakfast another. Breakfast would be better served from 7am

All staff were extremely pleasant and helpful.The breakfast had a great choice of everything.Loved the apple croissants. My husband moaned a little about machine only coffee.I didn’t mind as I am a tea drinker.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Lovely hotel and close enough to centre for nights out.

We weren't told about the rooftop facility- discovered this when we got home. A shame no-one told us about that but didn't take away from what we experienced I guess.

The rooms were well kept, clean and comfortable! Breakfast was lovely with a good selection of pastries, breads and cold meats. One of the men on reception was very helpful- we even bought him a bottle of wine to say thank you because he went out of his way to explain the local area, restaurants and tourist sites. Always smiling and welcoming!

The staff were rude and not welcoming.

The staff were rude and not welcoming. I could not pay my bill because my bank had blocked my card for some reason. And didn't have a phone to call. They.made a big deal about using their cell phone to call my bank and were rude about it but I had to call them so my card would work. I wouldn't stay here again the bed was also very uncomfortable and hard.

The location is excellent and everyone we encountered was pleasant and responsible in their job!

I can’t say enough good things about the whole experience particularly Luka at the desk! He helped us so much with suggestions and reservations and knowledge of the community!

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY

Maurizio was GREAT!!! He was friendly, he took pictures with us, he moved some of our family members to accommodate the lack of air conditioning and no shower. Carlito was a entirely different story. He was rude, and spoke bad about us in Italian. Here’s the catch, we speak Italian. The rooms had ants. The air conditioning was awful. They never changed the sheets. And this hotel is VERY EXPENSIVE. Everything that Booking.com said that the rooms had, they did not. Super disappointing!!!

Maurizio!! He was such a pleasure!!

Beautiful accommodations. excellent staff.

Great location if you're a walker. We walked the whole neighborhood. We went to the marina, the docks, the restaurants. We were only there one day. Next time we will stay longer.

A very enjoyable holiday in a lovely part of the world made all the better by this excellent hotel

I found the shower cubicle in my room to be very small, due to the heat I took three or four showers each day and although the shower itself was very good, the shower enclosure was very small, however it didn't spoil my stay !

Very pleasant staff, very comfortable room, lift serving all floors. Sunbeds on the roof. Good air-conditioning - really needed it while we were there ! Just a short ( five minutes ) walk into town.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

This hotel a lot of bang for buck!!! >_<

침대 이불 덮는게 약간 보푸래기라고 해야하나, ㅋㅋㅋㅋ 더러운건 아닌데 먼가 꺼끌꺼끌해서 ㅋㅋㅋㅋ 보풀 제거 해주시면 좋을거 같아요 아 아쉬운거 없는데 뭘아쉬워해야지 ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Reone 뭐니뭐니해도 친절한 직원분들,(정중한느낌) , 항상 웃는얼굴로 응대해주세요 2년전에 묵고 다시 이탈리아 남부를 가게되어서 2번째로 묵게되었어요 ㅎㅎ 3성급 치고 깔끔한 숙소 찾기 쉽지않은데 화장실 깨끗해서 넘나리 좋아요 ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ 아 그리고 2년전하고 다른점은 어메니티가 예전하고 달라요 ㅋㅋ 업그레이드 된듯 ㅋㅋ 네모난 곽틀에 4개씩있어요 바디 샤워랑, 샴푸 그리고 드라이기는 ... 터보 청소기 같이 생겼지만 드라이는 잘됩니다..ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ 아 글고 티비 삼성이에요 +_+a(뿌듯) 다만 채널은 이탈리아만 나옵니다.ㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎ 조식평: 예전에는 청포도랑 워터멜론이랑 좀 다양하게 나왔던거 같은데, 종류는 약간 줄어든듯해요(여름이라긍가) 기타 머핀이나, 파운드케이크 류는 매우 맛잇구요, 커피는 머신에서 추출해서 먹는건뎅, 맛있어요 b 조식 타임에 서빙하시는 분들 매-------------우 친절해요 ㅋㅋㅋ 로마 4성급 호텔..직원보다 먼가 더 예쁜미소보여주세요 너무고마움 ㅎㅎㅎㅎ 마지막에 Check out 할때 2년전에도 방문했었다 재밌게 놀다간다고 고맙다고 인사하고 왔는데 ㅎㅎ 기억하실라나 모르겠네요 저희는 가족 4명이 갔구요 2인실 더블베드로 해서 방2개 예약했어요. 이탈리아 남부에서 가성비 찾으시려면 레오네요 ㅋㅋ 번화가랑 초 근접은 아니지만 걸어서 7-8분 내외라 솔직히 멀진 않았구요 ㅋㅋㅋ 별무리없이 숙소에 있었구 특히 Sita버스 정류장이랑 안멀어서 갠적으로 편했습니다!!!!

Booking.com confirmation is nothing for reception personnel

We booked a room with terrace/balcony but the room we got was without it. We tried to discuss it with reception showing booking.com confirmation, but reception personnel suggested to leave hotel if we are not ok. I can't recommend this hotel as you don't have any guarantee even with printed booking.com confirmation for what you order and pay for.

Location, private parking.

Beautiful hotel in a good location very close to the city...

Beautiful hotel in a good location very close to the city center, very clean room, comfortable bed. Delicious breakfast with good coffe and cakes, it is possible to have breakfast in a beautiful lemon garden. View from terase was so wonderful.

Nice Spot

Didn’t tell us beforehand how Aircon works so went 2/3 days without Aircon. One of cleaning staff was bit abrupt when asking for help. Young man across street controlling the swimming area wouldn’t let us use facility on day 2 from what I believe was lack of tipping on day 1, said it was full with no hesitation when he recognized me, yet I could see empty chairs and other hotel guests allowed in after me.

Location, front staff friendly and helpful, clean, great views

The location is great.

There was an outside garden but no one could sit there for breakfast as there were a lot of bees.

The location is great. Close to the beach, city center and railway station.

A normal hotel to stay in Sorrento but there is probably better staff in any other hotel in town.

The staff at the reception was quite unpleasant and the check out experience was bad due to the behavior of the staff at the time we were checking out.

It was okay!

No instructions/guides in the room, on how to operate things, I.e, the electric shutters. The only mirror was in the bathroom, queue to use it. The only socket we could use was in the bathroom, it had two pins, like my adapter, the others were 3 pin sockets? On leaving to fly home, pick up was 7.30am, breakfast started at the same time, no offering of a "breakfast box" , for early riser, considering I've paid for it. Again, on leaving, front of house didn't ask if we enjoyed our stay, or anything.

The view from the balcony, air conditioning and how clean the room wax

Great hotel and location, clean, firm beds.

One of the front desk staff (they rotate) is very grumpy and unfriendly. He should not work in hospitality. Train driver maybe but not Front Desk.

Good location and included breakfast is great

Loved everything about this hotel.

Nothing really

Loved everything about this hotel. Location staff amazing breakfast best ever of all my hotels , clean rooms nice AC and WiFi and right next to city center by walking . And free safe parking. I definitely would stay again

It was nice.

Our booking said that the room would have a balcony but this was not the case. We could not check in an hour early and the concierge did not seem forthcoming at all upon our arrival. However, we were given a very nice room and all other staff were very kind.

It was nice. Big room, very good breakfast, everything clean and comfortable. Close to city center, train station etc.

Great base location in a quiet neighborhood close to downtown.

Noisy pipes and bare hallway floors that make for noise, but these are a minor complaints.

Quietly located in a neighborhood just off downtown. Local shops, Not overwhelmed by tourists. Aesthetically, the hotel is sharp.

Close to Hilton, where the conference was, close to centre...

I was on the 4th floor...room wasn't as nice as the lower floors- with balconies.

Close to Hilton, where the conference was, close to centre of sorrento- super helpful staff.

Nice find

Clean, good size room with a cute balcony looking up into the hills. Nice electric shutter made sleeping easy. Was in Sorrento for a conference at the Hilton and this place was halfway between town and work!

Everything!

Everything! Great location, 10 mins walk from bus/train station. Few minutes from historic centre. Quiet location. Great breakfast, lots of fruit, yogurts, cheeses, meats, juices, bread, pastries, cakes & tea/coffee. Breakfast can be eaten indoors or outdoors in lovely shaded garden. Lovely bedroom with balcony. All staff extremely efficient and helpful but a special thanks to Luca on reception who gave us great advice on how to spend our time in sorrento and organised everything for us.

Good hotel and friendly staff for a nice stay.

no restaurant for lunch / evening. Only one baby chair for breakfast so if you're too late....

Very friendly staff (towards baby). good breakfast with lots of choice. Free parking at back. nice clean rooms. Good location short(ish) walk from town.

The room was nice and clean, and the hotel is very close to...

The parking was available at the hotel but became a (pricy) challenge once we checked out and wanted to stay in Sorrento for a few more hours. We couldn’t stay around the hotel anymore and unfortunately the staff was not very helpful in this.

The room was nice and clean, and the hotel is very close to the centre. Breakfast is served in a cute lemon tree garden.

Superbly placed value for money hotel.

There is little sound proofing between rooms so you'll hear next door's toilet flush and shower run. If not for this the hotel would be fantastic.

A small perfectly situated hotel with great staff. My wife and I spent 14 nights here and were delighted with our choice of hotel. Location is ideal. Short walk from the bus and train stations so no difficulty on arrival or when travelling for day trips. Short walk too from Corso Italia with no need for a shuttle bus like most of the higher hotels - a huge plus as you'll not waste hours waiting on hotel buses. Extremely clean room serviced quickly and daily with fresh towels. Plentiful choice at breakfast with lovely outdoor seating if that's your preference. Lovely tv bar room and a sun terrace for relaxing. Staff were first class at all times. There are some fabulous hotels in Sorrento with wonderful views - at a cost. But if you're looking for a smashing place in a great location that's great value for money the Leone is a great choice.

Good location.

When we checked-in the receptionist was impatient and not very informative. Not a very good way to start your stay at a hotel.

Good location. rooms are great, with a balcony, the view is wonderful in some rooms you get an ocean view. Breakfast is rich, but for those of you who like there breakfast with scrambled eggs/ omelet there isn’t any. Parking is indeed free. Overall a good experience.

Lovely place to base yourself for exploring the area.

I found the bed a bit hard but that is quite typical in Europe.

Location was excellent as close to town and also easy walk to train/bus station. Good choice of breakfast. Staff were really helpful and always friendly.

Very decent hotel in a good location

Great staff, super helpful and friendly. Breakfast is good and the room is very clean. Beds are ok but not very big. The location is great, you can easily walk anywhere, but they also have a parking lot so it is easy to reach by car. Also offer daytrips. So very good quality.

Lovely hotel and good value for money, impressed with how clean it was

Breakfast could have been better but can’t complain as hotel was a good price

Superbly clean and towels were changed daily. Nice decor and good facilities within the room including a fridge. Great location, 10 minute walk to the centre.

good option for a short stay

it was like we didn't have doors or walls, we heard everyting from the next room, common spaces and street.

good location max 10 min walking distance to the city center, nice breakfast. also a big plus is the parking.

perfectly located hotel, with parking.

perfectly located hotel, with parking. rooms and first class services. the staff very attentive and always helping. really a place to do base in Sorrento and enjoy the Amalfi Coast. Thank you!

Great location clean and bright

Bed was hard but seems a constant trend through Italy ? No pillow tops . Which I guess is just a personal preference.

Welcoming and friendly staff. Lovely breakfast in garden with lemon trees. Room was bright and very clean. Great location easy walk into town

Free parking!

AC was good but not as strong as I needed in the summer

Free parking! Could easily walk everywhere without trouble. Blue and beautiful rooms that are very clean and WiFi worked well. Enjoyed our stay very long.

Overall a delightful surprise if you exclude the interaction with staff

The staff were never very friendly and the wifi would keep logging out even if you were inactive for just a couple of minutes. Having to re-login all the time quickly became annoying. Lastly, this hotel has no pool which, given the humid heat at the time of my visit. would have really made a big difference.

The room was spacious and the balcony an absolute delight. I loved sitting outside on the balcony both in the mornings and late afternoons to just enjoy the wonderful setting. The breakfast was big with lots of choices and the location ideal as it was very close to the Hilton Conference Center and just a short walk to the Old Town.

Nice clean place, convenient location. Great staff

See above

Just boiled eggs and fruit, I don’t eat wheat so the rest of the options were not really an option. Did the job, friendly staff. Wish had some sort area to excoriate or stretch

Everyone in the hotel was so pleasant and helpful.

Everyone in the hotel was so pleasant and helpful. The location was an easy walk to everything. We didn't have a sea view, but we woke up every morning looking at a grove of orange and lemon trees and mountains. Bellisimo!

The hotel was clean and comfortable. The staff spoke fluent English.

I have no complaints about this hotel.

This hotel was perfect, we were able to walk everywhere we needed to go, the price was moderate compared to the other hotels in Sorrento, the room was comfortable and clean, and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful.

Very good except the taxi charge

It does not have to do with the hotel but the concierge called a taxi to take me to the bus station to go to the airport and for less than 5 min ride the driver charged me 20 €!

Close to the meeting, friendly staff

Nice room in a very good location, and the most important...

Very weak water pressure in the shower.

Nice room in a very good location, and the most important thing : parking breakfast is a little dull. When considering the price and location, very good value for money

It was a nice new adventure at a different end of the the town where many locals shopped.

The unprotected password for wifi was a bit disconcerting. But it worked. I was a bit surprised at the modern, almost hygienic decor when I first walked into the lobby. I like the warm Italian feel of wood. But it was amazingly clean. That was more important. The lounge was nice to sit in the afternoon and have tea or a glass of wine.

I liked the variety of foods at breakfast. The 3 girls that worked in the breakfast area were very pleasant and accommodating! Always smiling. It was a pleasure to see them in the morning. The bed was very comfortable and loved the shower!

A lovely place to lodge away from the maddening crowd!

The rooms were spacious and squeaky clean, and we enjoyed the breakfast very much. The location, while slightly hard to find by car, was lovely in that it offered a quiet oasis for relaxation, but was close to town. Of course, the availability of parking was a huge bonus.

A great stay in Sorrento

The hotel is really clean and in a very good condition. Everyday stuff was cleaning our room. Hotel is situated in the calm area but really next to the old town. Also the car parking is safe and free of charge. The stay was perfect!

A very pleasant one-night stay, highly recommended

Breakfast was excellent, with a large choice of savoury and sweet meals. Clean and at a very short walking distance from the historic centre of Sorrento.

We will be back

Great Hotel, excellent location and a staff that was warm welcoming and there to exceed our expectations which they did. We would like to specifically mention Luca at the front desk who is a great asset to the Hotel, warm and friendly and more than exceeded our expectations

Extremely nice staff.

Instructions for the safe are hard to find and when I tried to apply them, I could not get the safe to work. But then it is not needed in Sorrento

Extremely nice staff. Quiet and convenient location. Cleaner than most hotels I've seen. Good breakfast

Excellent windows.

Would have preferred a nice area. However, a haven within the area.

Excellent windows. Quiet when windows shut. Secure. Clean. Comfortable and modest.

The hotel staff was very kind and helpful.

The bed wasn’t exactly double but two separate beds stuck together and this was uncomfortable...

The hotel staff was very kind and helpful.The room was very clean and nice decorated. but unfortunately the sheets had some big holes.

The structure is really nice, rooms are nicely decorated and...

The structure is really nice, rooms are nicely decorated and comfortable. Breakfast was excellent. It is a short walk to the city center and they have their own parking lot. The staff is super super nice.

private and safe parking, close to city centre.

tiny walls, breakfast could be earlier. if driving, check access as gps could lead you from some back road which is extremely narrow. there is better and much easier access from bottom road.

private and safe parking, close to city centre.

Close to main attractions and silent.

Could be a little trick to arrive at the hotel by car, because you have to pass through a very narrow street.

It is close to the main attractions in Sorrento and has a good parking.

Overall it's good.

The wifi was really bad, it kept crashing and at night we couldn't get in. The only response to the problem was come to the lobby if you want the Internet.

The location was great within walking distance to the bus and train station as well as the harbour.

Overall we had an enjoyable stay the cleanliness was a good point, the breakfasts were good.

Location was okay, once you found your way around the resort. A bit far out, but not excessively so. The one big fault we found were the lack of facilities in the room. No coffee making equipment, though there was an empty fridge. Also a big bug-bear was the lack of space to put our clothing!. There was an open hanging rail, rather than an enclosed space/wardrobe, and the only drawer had a heavy blanket in which we did not use, so could not utilise the drawer. No other drawers, or sizeable bedside cabinets either. This meant we didn't actually unpack, having to live out of our cases. To be fair, our hotel in Rome, where we stayed prior to going to Sorrento, was much the same, though did have a proper wardrobe with a little more space.

Generally a pleasant place to stay. Clean and comfortable, with pleasant, friendly Staff.

I would go back

Breakfast was more than adequate. Bed and Room was nice. Not much for a view, but a very short walk to the Sorrento town center. Free parking was a big plus.

Clean and fresh hotel - would stay again.

The bed was a little hard for us - and husband's back struggled with this, but OK for 2 nights. There were 2 dining room style chairs in the room which were practical but not particularly comfy if you wanted an evening in- but we didn't spend a lot of time in the room so no problem to us. Would have been nice to have a safe in the room - but reception had a safe to leave valuables.

Very clean and fresh hotel in a quiet residential area. Nice large shower. Easy to walk into town - took about 10 mins (uphill walk on way home). Very helpful and pleasant gentleman on reception who gave us advice on using the local bus to visit Amalfi and local restaurants. Empty fridge in the room to put own drinks in. Free parking at this hotel which was a great bonus for us as many hotels charge. Nice balcony. Breakfast was good.

Excellent location and very helpful staff.

Our stay at Hotel Leone was excellent. The staff were very friendly, helpful and fun. The location for visiting the sights of Sorrento was excellent, an easy walk to the Central area, the train and bus station, restaurants and hiking paths. The breakfast was excellent, great selection and very good coffee. The room was very clean. We would certainly stay here again.

We were very happy with our time at Hotel Leone and would stay there again.

A hot choice at breakfast would have been great, but really not a problem.

Smart, quiet, clean and comfortable. Friendly staff. An easy walk to centre of town. Breakfast 7.30-10.00 and constantly topped up with plenty of choice. There was a nice sun balcony at back of hotel to sit and relax.

convenient location

The price was high and the staff very aloof as if we were doing them a favor at staying at their hotel. They were not welcoming at all. It seems as if we were disturbing them.

It was an easy walk into town and a quick bus ride to the ferry to Capri. We took the train to Pompeii and it was within walking distance. The breakfast was good but not exceptional. The room was very large and clean and the shower was wonderful. The staff was a bit stuffy....not helpful at all.

The hotel / bedroom was clean and comfortable with...

One iron and ironing board for the whole hotel. Grab it whilst you can! 😞

The hotel / bedroom was clean and comfortable with air-con. Staff were helpful. Breakfast was plentiful with a variety of food ( could be better labelled thought). Hotel with in easy reach of resort, however quiet been a few street back from the main area. Well placed for the bus / rail station.

Very pleasant stay.

Would have liked some plain croissants at breakfast as they only had sweet ones -but apart from this everything was fine.

Excellent location, hotel very clean and fresh , nicely decorated.

Overall great place and helpful staff setting up tours.

A little hard to find with GPS as there is a very narrow street behind which is what comes up on search. (use an alternate route unless you are driving a scooter or wheel barrow)

Good breakfast, secure parking, secure building with rollshutters on all windows and doors for heat and privacy.

Ok. The person at reception could of been a bit more helpful as in perhaps giving a map !

It’s very noisy. Because all the floors are tiled and no rugs are on the floors you hear everything that the people above you are doing. The breakfast is the same thing every morning. No variation at all except for different flavoured fruit juice.

Location was very good.

The balcony and its view at the back, friendly and helpful...

No tea and/or coffee making facility in room or a separate room. No tea or tea bags served at breakfast for guests. Why? The British love their hotel 'cuppa tea' abroad.

The balcony and its view at the back, friendly and helpful staff, location is quieter

Comfortable hotel in good location. Accommodation in Sorrento is expensive.

Hiccup when paying for room. We had taken advantage of no cancellation policy and cancelled and re-booked when we noticed room price had dropped. Staff wanted to charge higher amount. Situation resolved within 15 minutes but should not have happened.

There were shutters on the windows so room could have air while you were out yet still be secure.

Lovely staff and excellent breakfast.

Walls are paper-thin. I could hear my neighbour snoring at night and talking loudly in the morning. I think the property could do with a bit of updating, but having said that I think it's good value for the price I paid.

Lovely staff and excellent breakfast. Location is a little off the beaten track but still very close to all the sights and a 15 minute walk to the Marina.

Browse Hotel Leone traveller photo gallery