Reviews of Le Violette

Via della Polveriera 6, 55100 Lucca, Italy

#84 of 137 B&Bs and Inns in Lucca

Not happy
    • Double or Twin Room

Room door did not lock. No water in bathroom one evening. No safe for valuables. No one was there to check in even though we called ahead of time.

Location & he provided bikes to ride.

The hotel is located in the city center.
    • Double or Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The hotel is located in the city center. Very easy to find it. There is only 6 room and was so quiet. Host was very kindly, friendly and help us every time with all of our problems (thank you very much). Very good breakfast. I recommend this place!

Basic but good value and clean accommodation - central location
    • Quadruple Room

It's all a little old, but was fine for a bed for a night!

Simple accommodation - basic but had aircon! Is amazing location within the city walls so close to all the sights and train station, but beware it means it's noisy outside at night

Beautiful walled city, great break from the hustle of Rome and Florence, a totally charming city

Nothing, it was great.

Claudio went out of his way to make us feel at home. He even loaned us bicycles and we spent an afternoon biking around the city and along the medieval wall that forms a circle around the old city. I read other reviews about a lot of noise at night but we did not have any problems.

I was on a short overnight trip to Lucca and really loved the town.
    • Double or Twin Room

I sent an email several weeks prior to arrival to request a later check in 7-8pm. Nobody responded to the door buzzer so a neighbor let me in and luckily had a key. I was able to meet the person in charge after dinner....very friendly and helpful. I would love to stay here again.

Room was very clean and in a nice location, close to the train station.

Just the location.
    • Double or Twin Room

Fist of all the personal haven’t aware about our stay. The owner of the hotel use little English to communicate with us and it was really “strong” in his voice to persuade to use an specific room. The room was clean, but just at the beginning of our stay. There was no personal during our stay and the internet wasn’t working. It supposed to be a bead and break fast, but the breakfast was a old bread and a cold tee served by the owner of the hotel. The heater in our room worked very well, but we could identify that a sox was tie to prevent a flight. To conclude, it’s a hotel to spend in 2 night and continue by expecting to find someplace to have real rest.

Just the location.

I Like this place and especially the owner!
    • Double or Twin Room

There was a bit cold in the room, but I think it's normal for this time of the year. And I had a lot of blankets, so u can deal with it )

I Like this place and especially the owner!) She was very kind, nice and friendly, answered to all my questions and helped with planing my trip. Thank you! :)))

I would definitely stay here again!
    • Double or Twin Room

Noise from the street was a little loud when going to bed so just wear some ear plugs and I slept perfectly.

Elisabeth the owner is awesome! She is from the USA so speaks perfect English and gives great recommendations. It is an easy walk from the train station.

Accommodation very suitable and I loved my stay in Lucca.
    • Double or Twin Room

The property is old, of course, and decor is tired and authentic. It's not an elegant BnB but it's clean and comfortable so there's nothing not-to-like here. There are two flights of stairs but I was helped up with my luggage.

The friendly service from the owner and her helpers was the best part, along with the location in the historic part of Lucca and near the wall so easy to access by car and train (Saint Peter entrance). Easy walk or bike ride around most of the old centre but prepare to be lost at some stage, it's part of the fun.

Wonderful!

none

A wonderful B&B in the lovely town of Lucca. Location is really great, our room was cosy and bright and the host Elisabeth was so nice and accommodating. Excellent italian breakfast. We really enjoyed our stay and would definitelly recommend Le Violette!

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

A nice, friendly place to stay, with a valuable ambassador to the city
    • Double or Twin Room

Owner Elisabeth was terrific, fluent in English, and very helpful in terms of negotiating the city, ideas of where to eat and visit, and arranging transportation for visits to other locations. And breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

A very nice host and a very good location but a bit too cold for us
    • Double or Twin Room

Cold, depending on our standards (19°-20). Our room was freezing cold 15°--17˚C. As in January, the temperature is cold in Lucca, it would have been nice to have a warm room. Fortunately, we had good covers for sleeping, Elisabeth offered us to have more.

I liked the communication with our host, Elisabeth did her best to suit us with our arrival and departure time. Also Elisabeth was always in a good mood. I enjoyed the nice cappuccino she prepared for us each morning, that was also nice to eat some italian cookies for breakfast. The breakfast room was warm. The location was very great, walkable distance from the train station and in the historical center.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

It was ok, but it could have been better.
    • Double or Twin Room

- The cold. The heating was on, but it was set to a temperature too low for my standards. That is a flaw that I have run into in many B&B all over Italy (and possibly Europe). Bear in mind that in Tuscany it is pretty cold in winter time, above all at night. So, i guess that, in order to make your guests feel more confortable, the heating should be turned up to around at least 20 degrees. - Tv set. It was minuscule and totally old. And you would have to stand up every time to switch it on/off. - No shower doors. So every time you have a shower, you make a little pond in the bathroom. - No bidet. - Breakfast was barely sufficient. I mean, it is the same stuff that you find in any other B&B. So packaged snacks and grandma's jam tart. And to have more coffee or milk you have to ask for refill every time.

- The position. Right in the downtown and a few minutes walk from all the major sights and the train station. - Many blankets in the bed. - Wi-fi working pretty well. - Free bottle of water and fruit in the living room.

Pleasant homely atmosphere .
    • Double or Twin Room

The noise especially on the weekend. Not the B& B 's fault but the young one seem to congregate at that end of the street and are very loud !

Within the walls and close proximity to everything. It had a warm homely atmosphere created by Elizabeth & Christoph who made you very welcome and were very helpful with information.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Wonderful welcome!
    • Double or Twin Room

Possibly screens on the Windows to possibly keep the mosquitos out. We understand that we've never seen them on European windows before, but something to help with the mosquitos in this humid town.

It felt extremely homey! Elisabeth was a wonderful host with many great suggestions for the town. The room was surprisingly large for European hotels. The washer and dryer was extremely helpful for backpacking travelers.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Value for money

breakfast options limited

• Double or Twin Room

Bedroom was off the breakfast room but not as bad as it sounds as guests don’t generally have breakfast here

Great location. Relaxed & quiet

Great location; clean; quiet; good experience.

n/a

My room was very clean; quiet; and spacious. The hotel owner was very hospitable and he made me feel very welcome.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Splendid

Everything was superb !

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Perfect place for our girlfriend get away!
    • Double or Twin Room

Elisabeth and Mara were delightful hosts! Charming place, easy to get to, lovely breakfast, quick walk to train.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

A very good choice in Lucca.
    • Double or Twin Room

Our room was facing the street and was noisy the Saturday night.

Large room. Good location. Friendly host. Good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2015

Bernadette let us check in early which was wonderful.

Everything was great

Bernadette let us check in early which was wonderful. A really friendly welcome! The room was great with bathroom and had extra blankets. Lovely breakfast in morning also. The location couldn't be better, just inside the old walls, 5 min walk from train station!

• Reviewed: 8 August 2015

Elisabeth is such a lovely host.

Elisabeth is such a lovely host... very welcoming! Good location within the walls but not too far from station. Good wifi signal and breakfast. Excellent value for money.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2016

The bed was perfect

I would prefer to have a lift but Elisabeth helped us all the time with our luggage.

The bed was perfect

• Reviewed: 29 November 2015

Staff, location, internet

Staff, location, internet

• Reviewed: 1 November 2015

Easy to find.

Easy to find. Helpful owner.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2015

Elisabeth was the sweetest host.

Elisabeth was the sweetest host. She made us feel right at home. Thank you!

• Reviewed: 6 October 2015

Great location. Lovely warm welcome from the host. The room was nicely furnished and bed very comfortable. Good Wifi. Enjoyed our visit very much.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2015

My stay at La Violette was fabulous.

My stay at La Violette was fabulous. A great location, great room and lovely host!

There are also 11 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.