Reviews of Hotel Liassidi Palace - Small Luxury Hotels of the World 4 stars

Castello- Ponte Dei Greci 3405, Castello, 30122 Venice, Italy

#74 of 301 hotels in Venice

• Double room Canal View - Separate Building

Staff and hospitality ! Not at all friendly, rude replies , had bad experience with taxi bookings, room was little away from mains , i had 48kg of baggage 2-3suitcase, no help arranged during check out, i had to bring all myself in 2 rounds which made water taxi wait 7min ..for a 7min wait hotel staff not even taxi driver charged additional 20euros ..saying u wasted 8min of his time ..note it was 630am in morning not a peak hour at all ..

Location , rooms neat and clean

• Wellness Suite - Separate Building

It was extremely uncomfortable in the room. The said they had turned off the heat for the season. It was 12-15 celcius at night outside and we couldn't turn the heat on. I was freezing and slept in my outdoor clothes the first night. I paid a lot for the room and couldn't get warm. Not very romantic for a 25th Anniversary trip. Very disappointed.

The size of the room was great. The spa and jacuzzi were very relaxing.

• Classic Triple Room

I liked the expertise and professionalism of staff. The breakfast was lovely with plenty of choice. The hotel was very clean with high expectations of staff and very stylish. Great location. Will stay again!

• Double room Canal View - Separate Building

Close to the centre of Venice, within walking distance of all the places we wanted to go (this was our 4th visit to Venice) it was excellent. The staff were very helpful and made the visit memorable.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

It was my husbands birthday and that was reason we were staying in Venice for the night and asked them in advanced for a possible upgrade or someway to make it special , and didn’t bother to do anything !!!! Not even a birthday wish note in the room. Rooms outdated and old wood furniture . Location not great . Wouldn’t recommend !

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Instant Coffee in the rooms - in italy it would be nice to have an espresso machine or some other fresh coffee facilities. Rooms could do with refurbishment The Hotel's own website (SLH) lists incorrect facilities - such as swimming pool (I don't think the venetian canals count as an outdoor pool...)

Great location - a few minutes walk into st Marks sq but slightly out of the way, so nice and peaceful. Friendly Staff Free room upgrade!

• Double room Canal View - Separate Building

The description of annexe rooms a little misleading as they are above the restaurants opposite. This meant it was noisy in the very early morning. On booking I asked for a quiet room and said it was a special occasion but this was not taken into account.

The façade and public rooms are attractive. The bar staff were extremely friendly and helpful, making a reservation at La Luna Setando. great choice of restaurant.

• Wellness Suite - Separate Building

It’s not really a dislike, the hotel doesn’t have a restaurant, if it did I think they would definitely benefit from this,

On arrival we were made too feel like royalty, the staff are excellent, we stayed in one of there wellness suites, it has the wow factor, we were delighted, a very high standard of finish, marble throughout the bathroom, bedroom was massive along with the bed in it, best sleep in a long time, seperate relaxing area , timber floors except for bathroom, very very quiet. I would highly recommend this hotel and if your budget can stretch a little book a wellness suite, try and book room/apartment 415 has we believe it is the only one with a sauna

• Classic Double or Twin Room

The only comment is that i didnt find the bed comfortable. Two beds together as a king but i sank into too much.

Beautiful property with atrium seats in foyer lovely rooms & friendly informative staff.

Very noisy. Got very liitle sleep as sounds travels straight through the floors and wall and this is not surpose to be a problem in a 4 star hotel. No airport shuttle as advertised which is sad since property was booked due to this reason...box breakfast very sadly prepared..only had a bottle if water and a few dry biscuits...TV channels are plentyful but all in Italian which is not considerate towards internatiinal travellers..so this was extremely frustrating..

Staff where very helful and friendly..hotel was clean and tidy..bufet broadcast and coffee was good but could be better since it is a 4 star hotel..

• Wellness Suite - Separate Building

The room was really big! It had everything. From a jacuzzi to a living room and balcony. Only thing was that the room could have been more clean for this kind of accommodation.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Nothing. I loved my stay I really can't think of anything I could complain about

I loved my stay. It was in a great location, the Staff were all fantastic and couldn't do enough for us. The room we had was fantastic and was more than comfortable.

• Double room Canal View - Separate Building

The bathroom and communal sitting area was stunning and the location was within 10 minutes to St Marks Square with plenty of places to eat and drink in between. The staff were very friendly and made us feel welcome and spoke perfect english.

• Double room Canal View - Separate Building

Stairs, it’s on the 1st floor, but with a big luggage, it’s an effort.

The room definitely exceeds my expectation. Didn’t expect it to be very modern and spacious. It even has a small walk in closet. Our floor has 2 rooms. And in the middle there is a living room. The view outside the window is amazing, canal view with a bridge. Will definitely be back here again when I come to Venice. The staff who helped us with our luggage is very friendly and helpful.

• Double room Canal View - Separate Building

King size beds are a bit small, but comefortable.

Perfect location on the edge of the insane St Marco area, a water taxi $$$ ride from the train station and an Indiana Jones ride to the airport. Fresh delicious breakfast with canal views.

• Wellness Suite - Separate Building

The heater was off it was cold inside. Telephone connection was off, we wanted to order dinner cuz we were to tired and we couldn’t.

The saperated suite was very specious, clean , well decorated. The location was very good yet a bit far from the train station. However, there is a water bus stop near by the hotel. Highly recommended especially to stay most of the time indoor more than outdoor.

• Double room Canal View - Separate Building

The tv in the room had no English Channel, I think they should update to a smart tv or connect it to internet to allow English channels

We stayed in room 411 I know the above room is a apartment for locals but the noise is just unbearable they have children running around from 8 in the morning an doesn’t stop till 10pm apart from that the room was fantastically decorated would have been nice to have a table under one off the windows so we could sit and stare out at the canal

• Junior Suite with Canal View

The hotel decor/furnishings are very incongruent and dated - much more 1980s than 18th century. A lot of inconsistencies in the styles. The flooring in the bedroom was cheap laminate. The decor in the photos looked appropriately Venetian but in reality the feel/atmosphere is quite different and feels like it needs some attention - we were disappointed with this.

Room was comfortable and good view of the canal from the junior suite. The stay was acceptable but we expected a little more luxury from a luxury small hotel of the world.

• Executive Suite with Canal View (2 Adults)

We loved the location, the large quiet room with canal view and the staff were friendly and professional. Breakfast was wonderful. All in all it couldn't have been better.

• Classic Double Room - Separate Building

We had the room who is next to the hotel first but comparing with the pictures I think is too dark and the smell of the building is not good. But we got a room in the same hotel. Which was much better.

I liked that we had free coffee. It was near to everything and quite. Friendly staff.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Only one thing. Knowing I would have a limited time to get to the airport yet not wanting to pay 120 euros for a water taxi I specifically asked the front desk this question. Since you are close to both the water bus stops Of Zaccherelli and Ospetale which one will get me to Marco Polo faster?" He assuredly answered Zaccerrlli so I did my shopping and went to that bus stop which was slightly further than the other. I caught the bus and, 35 minutes later, pulled into which bus stop? You got it. Ospetale! Hey, I made my flight but that little event is why this otherwise excellent small hotel didn't get a 10 out of 10. Accurate details without the hubris win every time.

• Double room Canal View - Separate Building

Bed could have been a little comfier and higher off the floor.

Great breakfast! Very picturesque and quiet location. Have stayed there before, so location is perfect, and is within walking distance of St Mark's Square. Great!!

Unfortunately the room we were allocated was by the lift and stairwell so we encountered an element of unwanted noise late at night and early in the morning. We attempted to avail of the bar facilities which the hotel advertises but were told it was closed. This was a Saturday early in the evening.

Great location, a short walk from St Marks Square and the Rialto Bridge. Easy to find the hotel from the map emailed from the hotel in advance. We were able to drop our luggage off prior to check-in. The room was large and warm. Tea and coffee facilities were provided.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment - Separate Building

It was a bit difficult to find the hotel, especially when carrying big luggage, but other than that everything was perfect.

Prime location, very close to St Mark's Square. Apartment was big and perfect to fit us and extremely clean with all facilities and comfort.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

I had asked for a canal view room as we married a month ago and it was also my husbands birthday but despite asking for another room, I was shown a one of equal placing but on the 4th floor. I declined the offer and stayed put. Also, we had not chosen breakfast and if we decided to have it, it was 20 euros pp, which is rather steep in my opinion for a continental breakfast. The Osteria Baca just over the canal served a lovely one inc. orange juice and coffee for 10 euros.

The bathroom facilities were great and the bed very big and comfortable. The staff were exemplary.

• Double room Canal View - Separate Building

First room we had, 418 above the canal! Very noisy at night, no WIFI and no air con.

Upgraded room (suite). Traditional layout and age of hotel. Jacuzzi bath!

• Double room Canal View - Separate Building

No WiFi in the annex, this was really annoying. Also no ATMs apart from near the Rialto - odd fot such a tourist dependent city.

The fab view from the annex! Wandering around the streets near the hotel was lovely.

Italy has a law about when the heat can be turned on in hotels, and we were there mid October, before heating season started. It was uncomfortably cool in the room. We encountered this in other hotels in Italy also. This is not an issue with this hotel, it is an issue with Italian law.

Location is very good, a ten minute walk to Piazza San Marco. There are many good restaurants very close by.

• Executive Suite with Canal View (2 Adults)

The manager is exceptional great restaurant recommendations and extremely helpful advice all round. Our room was splendid great location close to heart of Venice but somehow escapes the crowds.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Room heating left a little bit to be desired and breakfast was slightly limited on choice

The bed was comfortable and the room very clean. Staff very friendly and helpful at all times

• Executive Suite with Canal View (2 Adults)

No separate shower. Key to get into the room had a key fob which was unnecessarily heavy.

Comfy bed, great size room with good aircon. View out to the canal and very close to restaurants and bars.

• Double room Canal View - Separate Building

Our room was awkward to access. It was in another building separated from the hotel by a canal and was 1 flight up a fairly steep staircase. Three keys were needed to enter the room - the door from the alleyway, then two more doors upstairs. We were advised to lock each door behind us which was a bit of a hassle. Room size was small (about 12 x 15 feet) and a little disappointing considering the 280 euros per night rate we paid. (Another guest staying the main hotel building paid 190 per night so I'm not sure why ours was so high.) Internet access in the separate building was spotty but better in the main hotel area.

Room had been redecorated (Italian modern design) and was quiet and convenient to major attractions. There was a small cafe next door which served breakfast which was nice since the hotel breakfast was 20 euros each which we thought was too high. The staff was helpful in arranging a water taxi to the airport when we left.

• Double room Canal View - Separate Building

The absence of air conditioning - my visit was in late September, and even then the rooms were far too hot to allow for quality sleep. I also was a little perturbed to be staying across the canal from the actual hotel -- it felt like I was staying in a condo, not a palace.

The room was very clean and modern.

• Classic Double Room - Separate Building

The building we were in was quite ugly! Staff directions to get around weren't great! Found better ways ourselves!

Very close to st Marco !! Lovely room! Pity it wasn't in the main building

• Classic Double Room - Separate Building

The bed was horrible! Impossible to sleep. The staff was so useless. The maid complained that we did not leave the room at 10am so she could clean. So she did not clean the room at all! The front desk doesnt help with the bags when you leave. They sit outside smoking like they were guests.

The room was nice and the bathroom also. Great location. But if you accept to be in the dependence building IT's NOT WORTH THE PRICE.

• Executive Suite with Canal View (4 Adults)

I would have preferred a shower stall than a jacuzzi or maybe have them both since not all guests are used to showers sitting down . The smaller bed wasn't as comfortable as the king bed because of the hard wooden sides. Instead of a sofa bed, a regular queen bed would have been more comfortable. Breakfast was excellent but there were some insect/or crawling creatures on the floor which bit our foot because we were wearing slippers not shoes. Two of my family has still the tiny bite marks which until now is still red, swollen and very itchy.

The room was perfect and the big bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was excellent. Staff was very helpful, polite and accomodating.

• Deluxe Double Room with Canal View

The shower was too small. a larger person could not use it. would have liked more control over the a/c

Helpful staff, good breakfast. Clean and spacious room

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Close to major attractions. Was also clean, quite and had a comfortable bed. All staff from front office, porter and breakfast staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Classic Double Room - Separate Building

I got a room in a building 3 blocks always. So that made it really wierd. I was in a not so nice building in a room totally separetaed from the rest. So the reception and breakfast were 3 blocks away. Also the restaurant where you have breakfast is kind of sad.

• Junior Suite - Split Level

Bedroom in the mezzanine: customers have to use staircase to go to toilet at night ; no sofa or couch to sit. Noisy air conditioning ; nice patio but the compressor for AC was there and therefore the patio was noisy and not a good place to sit!

• Executive Suite with Canal View (4 Adults)

The hotel is a great deal of money.../ Luxury interior & replica of famous paintings & size of Suite ...All makes you feel You are in Palace.../ Great staff:helpful,friendly and always attentive... Breakfast is minimum but Everything you need....I 'll recommend the restaurant in front of the hotel across the canal "Trattoria Da Giorgio "...Great Fish in Owen, pasta and Classy Tiramisu. All waiters are friendly..Really Great with kids..Fish has been served as great show...and divided in numbers of plates..

Very friendly and corteous! Got an upgrade of the room to junior suite - very nice indeed. The view from our room was fabulous and the restaurant just acrossthe canal was a good trattoria. We loved th e hotel and our room. Breakfast was very fresh and nice. Staff helpful. Go there!

The desk for my lap top was too high, and the seat too low. We were able to "fix" the situation with two pillows on the chair - a normal computer height desk should be in all rooms, these days.

Great junior suite, good bathroom and facilities and very quiet. Good breakfast with canal view.

• Wellness Suite - Separate Building

This was luxury at it's max and as they always say you get what you pay for...my husband chose Venice and this accommodation for my birthday...this apartment was wonderful

• Classic Double or Twin Room

View was overlooked by residential flats looking straight into the room however we could have opted to pay more for a canal view but chose not to.

Great value for a boutique style accommodation only 5 minutes or so walk to San Marco. Staff very helpful - little garden good for Pre dinner drinks. Direct access to hotel from water taxi.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Wish there had been an iron in the room as we were not staying long enough to use the laundry service.

Liassidi Palace is a lovely spot. The hotel staff are excellent and the location in Venice spot on.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Very easy walk to the main attractions, lots of good traditional trattorias close by, nice courtyard bar on site if you don't want to go out. Good friendly and efficient staff.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

• Double room Canal View - Separate Building

Staying at the annex building feels like being in a rented apartment and not a luxury hotel which is what we were looking for. The breakfast was not good and they made it a point of letting us know that it was not included and we had to sign a check even before having our first sip of coffee. The room decor was really simple and not at all like the pictures. Quite a lot of noise from other rooms and other floors. It is difficult to review the hotel as staying at the separate building does not feel like we stayed at the hotel at all. Infact, the hotel staff seemed to treat us as "lesser" guests for being in the separate room. I would recommend staying in an actual room in the Palazzo or choosing another hotel.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• King Suite canal view sauna

I would love the hotel to have a spa and free transport from the airport

The hotel and staff was great, right out the door across the bridge was everything you need. I have to say everything you want and need to see is within walking distance or 5min boat ride, Love this area

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

• Classic Double or Twin Room

There were mosquitos around (being in such close proximity to the canals) and I was bitten quite badly during the night. When I asked for the room to be sprayed, the staff immediately offered a plug-in device. It would be great if all the rooms could have these installed as standard BEFORE guests are bitten!

The staff were very friendly and helpful at all times. The linen was changed and room serviced beautifully. We were upgraded to a suite with a welcome pack of Prosecco and fruit. There was a super selection of foods at breakfast to cater for all appetites. Coffee was delicious! The location was fantastic; right on a canal and just 5 minutes walk to San Marco with all the famous sights. Plenty of great restaurants just a stone's throw away.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

• Classic Double or Twin Room

There was a big Jacuzzi bath but no shower (not even a hook for the showerhead) which was a bit inconvenient. Just being fussy- it had slippers but dressing gown would be great. Coffee maker rather than instant would be preferable. My room had a sofa bed separated by a wall (so guessing for extra guests) though sofa bed didn't quite close. Décor worn in places.

Huge room with high ceilings and exuberant but tasteful decoration. (Almost) all mod cons. Jacuzzi bath Helpful staff. Nice courtyard. Canal view.

• Executive Suite with Canal View (2 Adults)

Possibly not having a balcony

This was an amazing hotel in a great location, arrived to the hotel via Taxi & Water taxi directly from the airport, this was arranged by the hotel and was complimentary in one direction dependant on room grade. We stayed in an executive suite 405, which had an amazing sitting room and massive bedroom, highly recommended. The breakfast was lovely and very relaxing. Plenty or very good restaurants within 2-5 min walk. Truly outstanding and looking to re-book for next year !!

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Canal View

The room seemed very warm during the night, but was otherwise very comfortable.

The hotel is an excellent location, a short walk to St mark's square. There a few nice restaurants which are conveniently situated right beside the hotel. Our room had a canal view which was worth the extra cost. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

• Classic Double or Twin Room

While the ensuite bathroom was large the bath was awkward to use and was without a stand in shower

Breakfast choices were fine. Room was spacious and the bed was huge.

• Wellness Suite - Separate Building

Our apartment was in a different location then the main , historic palazzo, set in an apartment building on a backstreet. Peculiar idea ! One of the main reasons we booked this hotel was to enjoy being in it's palazzo. Also, the free boat trip to Murano island leads to a glass factory which in fact is a large warehouse filled with average Murano objects which the sellers try to make you buy. This partnership I believe lowers SLH chain to a very bad standard. Nothing small and nothing luxurious about the idea.

The main building and it's courtyard are stunning. Set in a quiet area, wonderful view.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Being asked to leave the breakfast room as I hadn't paid for breakfast!! Escorted out by the waitress to reception desk where the receptionist confirmed that I had paid for breakfast. All a bit embarrassing and annoying.

Asking to swap rooms and it was no problem at all.

Old repair in the rooms, very noisy and stuffy. And mosquitoes! All can be experienced, but not for that kind of money. This hotel is a maximum 3 stars hotel.

Beautiful , comfortable garden . Very polite staff.

• Classic Double Room - Separate Building

Really enjoyed our stay. The directions we were emailed by the hotel in advance were brilliant. It is in a great location, very close to everything. We stayed in an apartment and it was lovely and clean.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

• Classic Double Room - Separate Building

I was very disappointed that the room we paid for was in a totally separate building, no room service. No tea and coffee making facilities in the room. The building had private apartments within and the entrance hall and stairways were extremely basic and dusty. We could here the family above all the time. We might as well have booked a room in an apartment block. Not what I was expecting at all. The idea of a boutique hotel is to have a nice environment and not be in a run down block of flats.

The bar staff at the hotel were excellent.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

Nothing to dislike.

This was our second stay at The Liassidi Palace and, as before, we were delighted with the whole experience. Every comfort was catered for, they serve a particularly good breakfast which was an absolute delight! There was everything you could think of; and as much coffee, tea or hot chocolate as you wanted. A wonderful courtyard to enjoy an aperitif. Staff were incredibly pleasant and helpful all the time; it made our stay special. Thank you

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Mosquito was many

I like the staff ecpecially the moroccan guy who was lovely and was all the time when we needed him , I would like to say Thank You to him for all the hospitality he gave us.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

• King Suite canal view sauna

The website says that the room has a hot tub, which was the primary reason for me booking it. But it actually has a bath tub with jets.

The King suite 205 was excellent. Romantic with beautiful canal views. Nice sauna. Lovely breakfast and staff were so friendly and helpful. I would recommend this for any couple looking for a romantic break.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Friendlyhelpful staff made our stay special and the location was excellent ,only 10/15 mins from St Marks Square by foot.Plenty of v.good eateries close by to hotel.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

• Wellness Suite - Separate Building

Bathrobe was too small for man.

We really liked the room (separate building) with well equiped bathroom, a free boat to the Murano island, a hot chocolate(!!!) in the garden and the helpful front desk service. The hotel location was perfect to wonder around the city, especially during the carnival!!!

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

• Double room Canal View - Separate Building

Stayed in a private room which was away from the main hotel (across the canal and round the corner) this felt as though we were staying in a private apartment rather than a hotel with minimal interaction with the hotel staff.

Nice sized room with plenty of space and view of the canal. We had a comfortable stay here. Very close to palazzo ducale and piazza San Marco

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

• Double room Canal View - Separate Building

This property is listed as a small luxury hotel. We stayed in the annex, which was pretty good for the price but not luxury at all. There wasn't even a soap dish in the shower and barely a towel rack in the bathroom. The annex is around the corner from the actual hotel and up a steep flight of steps. It's like a very basic motel room.

Location. The front desk staff was helpful.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

It was all good

Beautiful old Palazzo Charming and extraordinarily helpful staff. Lots of attractive restaurants within yards of the hotel serving ' Venetian ' food rather than ' Tourist ' food. Gorgeous gorgious bar in the old ' State Room' Just fabulous eating breakfast in the what must have been the old Palazzo Warehouse watching boats at eye level. Great atmosphere

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Junior Suite - Split Level

one side of wall is dry wall so I could hear foot step sound from next room in the morning. not so bad anyway but may considering about for other guest.

It was really worth to stay gorgeous hotel. great location but still quiet area and very good restaurant recommended by concierge, staff were good hospitality, junior suite are mezzanine bedroom and lounge separated etc...

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Canal View

No bar open, other than that, all good.

croissants delicious, good breakfast and location, overall good but would have liked the bar to be open in the evening as due to the weather it would have been nice to have a drink at the hotel.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Perfectly placed for the vaporettos, nice area of artisanal shops and great places to eat. Turning into the courtyard entrance was a pleasure every time.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Canal View

Found reception staff a bit indifferent, also neeeded to ask for extra bedding twice as room a little cold. It was snowing though!

Fab location, atmospheric building and great breakfast.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Canal View

Eggs at breakfast are 'oily' - not nice. Apart from that breakfast was fine.

The staff were amazing - so helpful about everything and recommended what must be the best restaurant in Venice and got me a table on New Year's eve.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Parts of the hotel a little tatty. Our room had very low ceiling. By the time we stepped up into bath for a shower, the fixings meant the shower head was under the chin! The faulty screen also meant showers caused mini floods. Didn't quite hit the description of 'luxury'.

Staff very helpful and friendly. Cleaning very thorough. Good location.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Our room a bit noisy from reception and room above had noisy people in it.

The bed was large and comfy. Pillows not briliant but european hotels dont do fluffy pillows. Breakfast good although not extensive.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Canal View

The shower could do with being a bit bigger.

This was a perfect hotel in the perfect location. Staff were great - friendly and efficient. Breakfast fab, room lovely. We had a great time.

Browse Hotel Liassidi Palace - Small Luxury Hotels of the World traveller photo gallery