Reviews of Locanda Del Fante

#1813 of 3,119 B&Bs and Inns in Rome

Based on 241 B&B reviews

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Worth, but not so good.

We were staying for 4 nights and staff asked us to go to another room after first night, because this room is a bit bigger and it should be for 3 people. So we moved and got not working fridge. All food gone. We asked to change or repair it and staff said that they will do something, but as you understand already nothing was done. + not working power sockets. Only 40% if them are working.

Great location. Great price. Friendly staff.

Good value for money at this time of the year.

The cleaning lady brought in the breakfast considerably earlier than we asked for, and knocked a few times to ask us to go so she can clean.

Breakfast served in the room. Portions enough.

Nice place, nice location, very nice staff, great stay!

The bathroom was fine and clean but needs some renovation.

Comfy bed, and windows that shut out all the noise from the street. The breakfast was served right in time from a lovely lady, and the receptionist was exceptionally sweet and helpful.

We like everything.

We like everything. For us note 10. Georgia( professional) received us, explained , scheduled the taxi for 3 a.m. . The localization is only 1 km to Piazza Barberini . WE REALLY recommend , the shower is wonderful , coffee is enough. Supermarket and restaurants just steps

Great location for those seeking to discover authentic...

The room was quite small. I also did not like that they used comforters instead of proper sheets - but I guess that is an Italian thing. The staff was normally absent - guests could call them on the phone though.

Great location for those seeking to discover authentic culinary Rome. You'll have a fantastic coffee shop just around the corner, great ice cream at Gelateria la Romana and pizza at Padovano pizzeria.

Italian experiences
    • Small Double Room

Strong smell of smoke. Problem of communication.

Hood value for money included Italian style breakfast. Daily room cleaning. Location wasn’t too bad not in the centre of attractions. But most of a attraction are only 15-20 min away. Friendly staff. ❤️

Service

everything was ok for the amount of money everything was ok, on breakfast we miss the eggs.

the personal was very nice and helpful, installation were clean and very punctual for the breakfast, Fabritzia gave us all the indication to visit all the places in Rome, metro, bus and places to walk.

Perfect
    • Small Double Room

There was nothing I did not like at all. I will notice only 1 problem: I spend some time to find the hotel becouse there was no announcement table. But my GPS helped to locate the place. I find it out somehow easily becouse I have seen the photos of te building in google. But the owner can improve this easily.

Locanda del fante was really a good place to stay in Rome. It is located in a tranquille road where you can sleep serene. The room was small but well organised. The bed was really big and the matttres was very comfortable. There were a lot of places with interes nearby like market, bar, restaurants. When I turned back in the afternoon it was easy to pass some moments near there. The hotel was a little old fashion or somehow classic but it was decorated with a sharp taste and was extremelly clean. The women of the servise was very kind. I always have problems with bathrooms but there was everything perfect. Eventhought the bath was small, there was everything in its own place. The towels were new, very soft and sharply white. I also liked the breakfast. It was the possibility to consume it in room and it was very good for me. The briosh and the orange juice were fresh and had a good smell. The staff was very kind and cooperative. The person of the recepsion called me in the morning pf my arrival day to know in what time I will be there becouse the recepsion was not 24 hours open. It was my mistake becouse I have not checked up my e-mail where the hotel had asked me twice for the hour of arrival. Eventhough there were hours when there was nobody in the recepsion desk the hotel was very secure. Every guest had his own key of the main door so we could enter easyly in the hotel. After arriving she gave us a map of the city and let us know where to take the bus to go to the places that were in my interess. The bus station was close to the property and the metro station was 5 minutes on foot. There was also a shopping mall where I spend the afternoon to make some gifts for my relatives. I had a really good time there. If I will be back in Rome propabilly I will stay there. I suggested it to a friend of mine that is coming in december in Rome.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Rome is enchanting the Italians were so welcoming so a must on your bucket list.

The main tourist areas were overcrowded and as such it was impossible to take in the wonders of Rome in any sort of comfort, this is not to take away the amazing experience of seeing history in Rome.

Good location with plenty of restaurants and Cafe within walking distance, the hotel felt like a home with that lovely comfortable feeling of being taken care of as a family member. The only way to see Rome is by walking you discover some many fantastic sights away from the usual tourist spots, the hotel location felt like a safe area in which you could simply walk and enjoy the architecture of Rome.

Very Friendly and Helpful Staff who gave us a very warm welcome throughout our stay.

I would have liked a bigger window in our room and a view but that didn't really matter too much as we spent so much time sightseeing in Rome. Most of the rooms did have great views and big windows but ours didn't.

The staff were so friendly and helpful they really made our stay in Rome a great experience. Lovely breakfast and great variety and lots of lovely extra's (prosecco and chocolates on arrival). I don't know i have ever stayed in a hotel that has made me feel more welcome and were always happy to help or answer our questions. Thank you so much.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Nice!

The breakfast could be better but for that price it is ok (Included in the price of the room)

The housekeeper was so helpful, anything we asked for we have it.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Recepcionist even if didnt speak English, helped us to print...
    • Small Double Room

Hotel is very old and little bit depressive. I was surprised because on booking.com this B&B looks much-much better than in real life. Breakfast: even if they bring it in your room I prefer to go to eat by myself because 1 croissant, small fruit salat and 1 capuccino for adult man ( my husband) is not enough. And ofcourse you can't go and ask one more cup of coffee, for example.

Recepcionist even if didnt speak English, helped us to print our airplane tickets. It wasnt so far from Termini, took us about 20 min by feet, is 1,3 km. Also nice check in and check out: we did check in 10am and it was very convenient.

Ideal location for a short break. Easy access to all main tourist spots.

More presence at reception and easier communication would be good but it was quite adequate.

The glass of Prosecco and nibbles on arrival was a really nice touch. Staff very friendly

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Hard to find, good stay

Our flight didn't get in till 21.30 and the reception closed early. We found it very stressful rushing to get to the hotel. We ordered a taxi to make sure we would get to hotel before 23.00. The hotel is difficult to find it didn't look like a hotel just a door in an apartment block. when we arrived the taxi driver very kindly rang the number left on a piece of paper on the door we had to wait 20 mins for someone to come and let us in. We were quite anxious. Once settled it was a very nice stay.

It was nice having breakfast brought in the morning.

surprising

everything was very very good.

For the price very satisfied

Very small room, air conditioning didn't work, very firm bed and pillows

Friendly staff, very clean

The staff was very polite and helpful.

It was hard to communicate since the staff didn't speak English and the room was noisy (no soundproofing)

The staff was very polite and helpful.

Very friendly staff.

Small rooms. Photos were like 5-stars hotel but in reality it is not so great.

Very friendly staff. Relatively close to Termini station.

great

treated us very well second time we have been there

Very welcoming staff,value for money
    • Small Double Room

Breakfast and very hard bed

Clean and sinple

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Good location, friendly and helpful staff.
    • Small Double Room

Room was very small, but was pleasant.

Good location, friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast was lovely.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

Welcoming and cozy!

Everything was just perfect. Very welcoming and I'll defnitly stay there again when I come back to Rome.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

Good hotel and staff

Bathroom could have ben better and had some problem with fitting / heater system.

The rooms were spacious and comfirtable

• Reviewed: 1 May 2016

Bed room (105) it is cold and dark because window enters...

Bed room (105) it is cold and dark because window enters inside building, stuff don't change it, they say that hotel is full but booking shows 5 free rooms and I don't see anybody

• Reviewed: 7 October 2015

The staff was super nice and helpful.

The walk to the nearest metro station is sketchy

The staff was super nice and helpful. Georgina helped us get orientated with the city and suggested things to do. She also made sure our room was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2015

There was problem with the wifi

There was problem with the wifi

• Reviewed: 15 September 2015

Staffs are so nice!

The place is a little far from the nearest station.

Staffs are so nice!(^^) Breakfast is so nice!(=゚ω゚)ノ

• Reviewed: 5 August 2015

The room was clean.

The stuff didn't speak english at all, it was very difficult to communicate.

The room was clean.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2015

Good staff

Not good WiFi in room Poor breakfast Only 1 staff speak English

Good staff Clean

• Reviewed: 30 July 2015

Easy to catch train into city.

Taxi isn't a flat rate of 30 euro. We paid 65 euro from Ciampino. Call for a private taxi it will be 50 euro.

Easy to catch train into city.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2015

Location, friendly staff, cleanless

Internet is bad... as everywhere in Italy

Location, friendly staff, cleanless

There are also 14 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Locanda Del Fante traveller photo gallery