Reviews of Locanda Della Biscia 3 stars

Via Palestro 57, 44100 Ferrara, Italy

#39 of 61 Holiday rentals in Ferrara

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Would have liked the option to change bed linen (I was there for 2 weeks)

Great location. Good facilities. Much bigger than expected. Excellent value for money.

The location is good (5 min walking from the center and the...

My room was really dark (the lights were not bright enough to the size of the room) and it was really noisy. I could hear anything, from people walking on the corridor, the breakfast preparation to other guests on the flor above. However what really annoyed me most was the cleaning lady on the morning of my check out. Since I didn't get the information of the check out time, I looked it up on Booking page which is informed to be from 7 am to 11am. So, in that morning I was packing my things ang getting ready to leave when this cleaning lady knocked on my door at 10:30 am saying I needed to leave because she needed to clean the room in a very rude tone. I told her that I was not ready to leave yet and that the check out was till 11 am, she almost didn't wait me to finish my speech and unpolitely repeated it was at 10:30 am, walking away and saying things I couldn't understand. The hotel in general was ok, but if i have to be kicked out in the morning I would not consider to stay there anymore.

The location is good (5 min walking from the center and the Castle) and the room and bed were considerably big.

Informal, a bit disorganized, but handy, commodious and cheap.

The place was hard for us to spot. We drove right by it, not noticing the small sign out front. It doesn't look like a hotel. The doorbell isn't at the actual entrance.The young woman who checked us in gave us cursory attention and seemed in a hurry to move on. She forgot to give us the WiFi password. The man we dealt with twice (her father?) was much more professional. When we decided we needed to leave a day early the woman said we couldn't have our third night refunded, but the man said we could. However Booking.com wouldn't allow it.

This "hotel" is really a hallway with converted apartments opening off of it. Our room was very large and roomy. Parking was extra, but we could leave our car right in front of the hotel. We were quite comfortable there, with plenty of room to spread our stuff out. No food, but we knew that going in. We found gluten-free pastry for me at a nearby bakery, but had to ask around to find that out. Great location for exploring the nearby historical district although the street the hotel is on is rather nondescript.

A lucky find

For the price it was really fine. No frills, but everything you need for a few days.

Because I hadn't provided my arrival time, there were some telephone calls resulting in a stay in a different property in the centre of the old city. This was super convenient, if a little noisy (till about two am), as Ferrara is a lovely city. Plenty of space, pretty basic, but clean, and access to an attractive terrace overlooking an enclosed courtyard. Separate living area /kitchen, and washing machine in bathroom. Common areas (stairs etc) cleaned daily.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

Enjoyed our stay!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment (3 Adults)

You can hear other people from upstairs.

the location was good. It's a decent and cosy place.

• Reviewed: 27 March 2015

Friendly staff and good location to explore Ferera

I would have liked a few more plates and proper wine glasses as we enjoyed cooking the wonderful food available

Friendly staff and good location to explore Ferera

• Reviewed: 5 January 2015

Great location, friendly staff.

Would prefer to be top floor , went At new year a little noisy from above but didn't ruin our stay .

Great location, friendly staff. Good sized rooms.clean throughout .plenty of fresh towels . :-) excellent value for Money..

There are also 4 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.