Reviews of Locanda Strada Della Marina

Strada Della Marina 265, 60019 Senigallia, Italy

#2 of 12 B&Bs and Inns in Senigallia

Based on 136 B&B reviews

A pleasant stay with very friendly people.

Stairs, (only when caring suitcases)

It was an oasis of peace not far from the maddening crowd. The owners were very friendly, they had a pool and lovely surrounds and they were able to give advice.

Excellent country house - very pet friendly.

A lovely country house which exceeds expectations. Quiet and calm, delightful lady hosts, large room and very pet friendly, with large grounds for walkies! Breakfast was great, with home-made and organic products. There is also a large pool. I would definitely stay here again.

Ideal place to relax and very good value.

Shower very small.

Set in large private estate, plenty of grounds to walk in and very peaceful. Lovely to wake up to the sound of twittering birds and NO traffic noise.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Lovely hotel in a beautiful setting.

I have no complaints. None. Not one.

Very pleasant, slightly old-fashioned country house hotel, run by a couple of absolutely charming ladies. Lovely location, pleasant grounds. Comfortable room with en-suite bathroom with a good shower. A shortish drive to the port of Ancona, so excellent if you're travelling across the Adriatic by ferry.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

as above and I don't do short sentences

I liked the ambiance, the feel and the colour of the buidling which I think was an old farmhouse. The owner who greeted me was wonderful and delightful and showed a sense of pride explaining everything to me. It just felt right and safe. Breakfast was unsual in that the eggs could be boiled boiled or boiled. Tne beads and rolls on offer deleicious as were the jams, hams, and cheeses. It was a great delicious and filling brekfast served on a disposable set of plates used as they are more hygenic ( used once and thrown away ) and with a nice design. And it appears more cost effective, Mmmm. Still I could not fault the whole experience. It was relaxing and very pleasant in lovely surroundings. I will try and go back on my reverse travels.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Nice and quiet place right outside the town

- Bed is on the hard side: I didn't mind, but my wife did. - A/C a little weak for the size of the room

- Good location right outside Senigallia, easy access to the freeway. - Nice breakfast - Owners very courteous

Viesnīca pasakainā apkārtnē.

Traveling without a car, it was therefore uncomfortable to get to the restaurant.

Viesnīca pasakainā apkārtnē.

Amazing wondefull

Everything was perfect

bestek was in plastiek en borden in karton

bestek was in plastiek en borden in karton

• Reviewed: 30 April 2016

We have stayed here a number of times as it's convenient...

The nearby restaurant, in the hotel grounds, not owned by the hotel can be a challenge. Really nice staff but, care needs to be taken if you are hungry, that the main course you order is not a "fine dining" experience type dish, otherwise you will go hungry. Previous experience of eating here before has been brilliant.

We have stayed here a number of times as it's convenient for Ancona ferry. The owners are lovely and are always welcoming. The breakfast is wonderful. Peaceful setting.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2016

I wasn't in the best season to evaluate the property but for...

The property is very well kept. The owners do an amazing job to have everything working without issues. They are truly great people making you feel like at home. I really needed to be looked after and still maintain my privacy in a totally soothing environment.

I wasn't in the best season to evaluate the property but for what I saw and managed to "live" in my period of stay I truly found it amazing. I will definitely go back in spring/summer and enjoy it fully. The property makes you feel like at home, relaxing and nature fully surrounds you making even the rainy weather look like paradise.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2015

The house is beautiful, set in a meadow.

Finding the place in the dark was a bit hard and the short walk from the car park through the garden wasn't easy as I don't see well in the dark and the lighting wasn't working. But it was when I left - so don't be put off.

The house is beautiful, set in a meadow. The decor is tasteful and in keeping with the age of the house. The welcome was warm, my room very warm and comfortable. The dinner - in the adjacent restaurant (which used to be the hay barn of the house) was delicious, the wine astonishing and at no time did I feel conspicuous being a single female. Breakfast the next morning in the house, by a roaring open fire, was astonishing - the variety of local delicacies, all delicious and the friendliness of the two lady owners (and their dogs ans cat) was lovely. It was with sadness that I left. I shall return!

• Reviewed: 20 October 2015

The 2 sisters were very kind, and made our stay perfect.

The 2 sisters were very kind, and made our stay perfect. Good, quiet location. Delicious breakfast with local specialities. Very good dining in the restaurant, across the lawn

• Reviewed: 22 June 2015

Upon arrival they told us there was an issue with our room...

Upon arrival they told us there was an issue with our room and they had to give us a smaller room. Upon check out they only charged us half the price. Would have paid full price if they would not have told us because smaller room was small but apart from that excellent. Very friendly. Great breakfast!

• Reviewed: 22 June 2015

The pool, the owners/sisters, the room, the surroundings...

The food in the restaurant was a bit disappointing. Maybe we had dishes just not to our tast, but this might be improved. The wines were excellent, as the apetizer plate!

The pool, the owners/sisters, the room, the surroundings, the apetizer!

• Reviewed: 27 May 2015

The attention to detail surpasses none--from the shower cap...

The attention to detail surpasses none--from the shower cap wrapped in a delicate small bag to your personal egg holder with its own salt shaker! We love staying here and have stayed two years in a row. The pool is large and clean and in May you may have it to yourself.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2015

The Locanda Della Strada is an extremely peaceful Italian...

There has not been a resident chef at the Locanda for over a year. Disappointing when it is marketed as having a restaurant on site. The hotel on this visit (April 2015) had just begun refurbishing the restaurant and preparing to reopen at the end of April. If the restaurant reopens it will greatly enhance the property appeal as there are no other restaurant premises nearby and central Senegalia is driving distance rather than a comfortable walk.

The Locanda Della Strada is an extremely peaceful Italian Farmhouse with great character. The family-run hotel is managed by two sisters who have lived there all their lives. The parking is plentiful and secure. The gardens and surrounding countryside beautiful and the breakfast a wonderful experience. We use the Locanda Della Strada as an overnight stop when travelling to and from the port of Ancona. It is just 45 minutes distant.

• Reviewed: 13 March 2016

Every detail well thought of.

Every detail well thought of. And breakfast an experience of local food

• Reviewed: 8 October 2015

furnished with a lot of love

furnished with a lot of love

• Reviewed: 17 September 2015

We we very much appreciated the kind hospitality of the...

We we very much appreciated the kind hospitality of the Ladies and the good quality of the restaurant.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2015

The breakfasts !

Nothing . Everything was perfect

The breakfasts !!! Everything was either locally sourced or freshly baked

• Reviewed: 22 June 2015

Surrounded by charming coutryside, with an elegant pool-deck.

Extremely hard beds.

Surrounded by charming coutryside, with an elegant pool-deck. Delightful hospitality and superb breakfast of local produce.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2015

The overall friendliness of the place is truly wonderful.

The overall friendliness of the place is truly wonderful. The owners are in a class of their own.

There are also 2 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Locanda Strada Della Marina traveller photo gallery