Reviews of Hotel Lombardia 4 stars

Viale Lombardia 74/76, Città Studi, 20131 Milan, Italy

#214 of 424 hotels in Milan

The parking cost was not informed when doing the select at booking.com. It was charged in the check-out. The information about parking cost must be informed when doing the hotel select at booking.com page.

Quite small room for a 4* hotel (bathroom was also small) Very noisy bed (if you move much it's a hell) Poor WiFi speed (and gets disconnected every 3 hours; after you need to go through the web login process again) Very basic minibar (minibar engine was making noise) Cleaning staff making a lot of noise at 8AM

Good quality/price ratio Fast check-in / check-out process Good breakfast Nice neighborhood, near an underground metro station Water sold on the lobby at just 1€ each 1/2 liter bottle

There were no facilities for a bar or food for 2 days of our vacation and when we ate on the third day it was pre-cooked microwaved food in the bistro (why it was named bistro we have no idea), as they had one pasta and one meat on offer only and no other choice on the menu. When we asked for the wine list we were showed 3 bottles of red, pick the label you want???? Whilst the hotel had a beautiful entrance and hallway and the reception staff were very pleasant that was it! The internet went up and down like a yoyo...and if you wanted to eat or drink you were pointed to the restaurants out of the Hotel??? Not what we expected when we booked it, and caution on Bank Holidays staying here.....as there is no food or bar service not sure what it is like out of holiday season?

Staff

Single rooms looks so poor, so cheap... with plastic floor , old white coloured wooden shelves in the bathroom... it a real shame for the 4 star hotel to provide room like this. Please be careful don’t trust the photo , room like a 2 stars hotel max. Real shame , great dissapoinment. Want to go away the minute I saw the room, but it was already paid. Horrible distroyed vacation because of the room. Outside has nothing in common with inside ...

Room is clean and big but it could get a "refresh" especially when you have a very modern ground floor. 24 euro for 1 night parking is too much

Beautiful reception and breakfast room. Spacious room with a little balcony.

too far from the centre - bedroom was located in attic - hard bread rolls at breakfast and no alternative offered- powdery juice

good choice of fruit for breakfast

Room literally stinked with smooking smell although there was no smooking signs everywhere! Really not good location and you need to walk a lot to get to Metro or ... normal to small breakfast... not value for money at all...

Nice staff

In the beginning they gave us very poor and cold room. We are family with child of 11 years, but they gave us three separate beds. After my complain they change our room with another room with doble bed, but it was not like in the picture of my booking. The breakfast was great but you should go early. One day we went after 9:15h and we couldn’t find almost anything to eat. The bread was finished and they didn’t put again, the croissants and the fruits too. They had only one waiter for the whole restaurant who could not clean the table and take care for the food. This morning was very disappointed for us.

The lobby was very nice. The restaurant too. The room was ok but not like the lobby. The staff was polite. The cleaning was excellent. The metro station Loreto is 10-12min away.

I prefer to have a nice Duvet instead of blankets. I tried to conserve the towels by hanging then up but the cleaners always just gave me new ones. The boxes of shower caps were all empty!!

The room was really nice and quiet.

The breakfast is common continental with cakes etc. If you are vegeterian and especially vegan (you are out of luck) as there are only a fruit salad (plus melon), tomatoe and cucumber. There could be more fresh fruits, vegetable milks or more healthy options. I did not like that hotel keeps in paper copies credit card info in full from teh reservation.

The environment, cleaniness and space. Cozy hotel.

Toilet, looked very old and worn out, shower door broken, shower too small, it could have been a bit cleaner, it took them a day to fix the lack of water problem.

The breakfast was relatively good and the room was warm.

Car parking by guest's friend was not so convenient due to no space in front of hotel : for short term parking. WiFi access can be updated in every 24 hours. Not by every time you can return within a day.

Cleaning bed on daily basis for good feeling after a long day work. Breakfast was also nice to enjoy it - good and relevant variety.

These people are excellent very very honest.I Left a very valuable item and they actually kept the item and posted it to me in London.Unheard of today. Super service.

The price was far too high and the night before my arrival it was some 50 EUR less than that booked weeks before. Ungry for that

Breakfast could well be much better for the price charged... Pastries were not fresh

AC works automatically in the room, there is no way you can adjust in case you feel warm inside the room, i called the reception they did not respond properly, i had to open my window and since it was a garden facing room, my room was full of mosquitoes. Breakfast had little option and room size was good but bed was not comfortable.

Hotel is in a very quiet area, it has noise free rooms, Rooms size quiet big. Although hotel is little old fashioned but they are very clean.

The taste of some of the plates at the restaurant it was not good. And when I checked out I was charged with de doble city tax. It was a mistake but you have to be carefully because right now I am in a different city and I am not going back to Milan. I called the Hotel and they answered me well. Effectively it was their mistake.

It was confortable in general

The bedroom was very dated, tired and was not well maintained. Not a 4 star hotel!

The breakfast area and reception was modern and contemporary. Staff were very helpful and polite.

The restaurant in the hotel was closed and did not serve lunch or Dinner but only breakfast was served in the morning...and our room was smaller than we expected...Otherwise the Property was nice...

Not very close to the Milan Centrale station so don't bother walking...take the 24hr pub transport pass so it will take 15min to reach buy bus and you can travel the whole city also...its not very far from corso Buenos Aires(the shopping street)..there are some eateries nearby also...Overall a good place

We arrived 30 minutes late due to a delay in flight, and yet the room wasn't ready yet for check-in. We had to wait for more than 30 minutes in the reception. There was no one to help with the luggage. We called room service from the room to order food, and we were told that we have to go down to the restaurant to order ourselves and we can't order through the phone.

It is possible to hear clearly talks in the other rooms and smashes of the doors by neighbors. But I must admit, this hotel doesn't promise soundproofing and still is relatively quite and well suitable for good sleep. :)

The bed was very comfy, the breakfast was excellent with a lot of different food. Staff was kind. Great air conditioning. Check in is after 14, but they provided me a room already at 11 a.m. I was also able to leave my bag for the last day to walk around before the plane. Thank you for the good hotel.

We got experienced racial discrimination. It was the most terrible in my whole life. As I think, the chief man is very sly. They are kind and talkative only for white skin. Because we are Asian, all they were very rude to us. I still feel crappy and disgusted about their vulgar treatment.

nothing. It was just hotel

Reception Staff was a bit rude, rest of staff very friendly. Careful there is no parking available, you have to find your own on the street. Triple room is very small.

Nice comfortable beds, beautiful lobby.

The bedroom needs updating but was confortable and clean. The lobby and the lounge/restaurant and bar were lovely so going in the room is a bit disappointing as it's dated.

Beautiful outside breakfast area. Very good value for money.

The room design was a shock compared to the public areas... Old design, no handshower only one headshower etc.. Also if you want to catch a metro, you have approx. 15min walk in a neighborhood that isn't that pleasant

Loved the public areas really modern and comfy, the breakfast was really cute and it felt like it was homemade, the staff were pretty nice too

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

The room was small and not too comfortable. I was charged extra for parking even though I had the impression I'd paid for it beforehand.

Breakfast was ok, parking was safe.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

Room: looked completely different than in the photos, a lot older. The nice shower from the pictures did exist but it was broken (only one of the body nozzles worked). No power sockets near bed. Room directly below the dark metal roof, therefore too hot to even sleep, AC was broken/inactive Breakfast: only toast/white buns. No juice - the one they had was mixed with Sirup, very low quality mozzarella. No fresh fruit - only canned fruit ...plus they were decorated with anis, which ruined the taste. All remaining stuff was mostly very sweet. Service: okay - only the minimum (giving the key, asking for credit card - which I don't consider good service) Location: out of the city center in a rather shady seeming district- 10 min from next metro station

The room itself was clean (the balcony not - there was a weird smelling and looking plastic cup with cigarettes and liquid in it). Wifi was free and fast

Room decor a bit outdated but that's just the style, they are perfectly modern.

Good clean functional business style hotel. Eastern side so handy for airport, quiet residential area. Breakfast selection is the highlight.

The staff at breakfast was not friendly

The room type was excellent. I like the laminat floor very much as it was much more cleaner than the ones wuth rugs floor.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

The noise. Rooms not sound proofed. Any conversation in corridor sounded as if the guests/ cleaning ladies were in the room with us. Breakfast a basic, desperate sight to behold. No ambiance at all in the place either.

Outdoor terrace.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Very comfortable bed. In the first day the shower did not work well, however the frontdesk was very fast in order the repair service. Next to public transport.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

The bathroom was too packed, the shower area too small to move. With the big shower from the ceiling (not a hanging flexible shower) it made taking a shower more uncomfortable. I haven’t come across such toiletries in the bathroom in a 4* hotel: in similar containers hung on the walls were liq. soap/ shampoo/body gel – all the same and no bar soap. So, I properly took a shower after moving to another hotel. No meals-in-room service or a place to eat in the hotel except for morning breakfast buffet. Location is a bit far away from city center and Metro. No solid food in places around - they open in the evening and close soon. The “do-not-disturb” sign didn’t tell anything to a cleaner. She knocked at the door, I had to wake up and tell her there was a sign on the door, didn’t it mean anything? Her reply was: yes, but do I need a cleaning? The staff in general was nice and polite, except for one receptionist (Luca) who really made me upset and disappointed of my stay. The receptionist didn’t allow my son visit me in the room. The purpose of my visit was to see my son on international volunteer service in Italy and explore Milan together. The explanation was the Rule or even Law in Italy not allowing guests in single rooms! I couldn’t believe my ears!!! The receptionist said we could meet in common areas of the hotel but not in my room! So, in the morning, after calling me from the reception and my confirmation (like in every hotel it is done), he didn’t allow my son to come to my room, in the evening the same. At first his behavior was rude to me, not even what he said but how he said. After my verbal argumentation he calmed down and explained: “what can I do? This is Italy! There is a law”. I’m sure he’s a good man whom I don’t want to harm by this review. I assume the receptionist was instructed by the management, and this was not his initiative.

I liked really good and tasty breakfasts served and the staff working in the cafeteria. The room was small but clean. The common areas were nice and silent too. Wifi worked well too. I guess, breakfast and wifi are the only things to attract clients to the hotel.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

The room was very small and quite old fashioned compared to the lobby and rest of the hotel. A bit remote it is 10 minutes walk to the subway but in the evening the streets are quiet. No bar.

Nice modern hotel. Good breakfast.

Location and staff was great

Only staying for 3 nights should have stayed longer

Breakfast and the quiet garden

Top location. Only 5 min to Loreto Station. Very comfortable room and new design. I will definitely come back again!

The room was definitely not 4 stars. The shower was very very smal. Beds an improvisation.

Good location. Good brakfast. Nice terrace.

Nice to sit outside and enjoy breakfast. Breakfast was good. Friendly staff and a decent room.

Room was hot and could not be controlled by the thermostat!

Bed was comfy

Bed wasn’t comfortable

The room is too old school, quite a shock since this is a 4 star hotel

They allowed me to check in early at 10am plus

The hotel lobby area is nicely renovated. When the rooms are renovated, it will be much better.

My room smelled cigarette. They changed it after I complained. Shower and room were small. I expected more from a 4 star hotel.

Price&value ratio was good, as well as location. Breakfast was really good!

Nice hotel. Very good staff. Rooms are quiet.

Location is not close to metro.

Clean

Wifi connection was pretty slow. Bathroom decoration a bit oldfashioned and with the need to refresh it

The walls of the room weren't sound proof at all.

Too hot in the room

Very friendly, clean, quite great breakfast

Poor breakfast

Nice location, near Metro Station

WiFi access should be streamlined more easy like keyed in once on daily basis is sufficient. Instead of every time out and in.

No so good location

Good and spacious room, clean and comfortable, good business breakfast.

They were unable to serve gluten and lactose free breakfast in spite of prior wish. They excused themselves all three mornings in a non serious way.

The staff

last time I was not happy with my room brcause of the outside voice

overall its good

Great staff, great breakfast, great outdoor area. In a very quiet, but not desolate neighborhood.

The breakfast was great but the Hotel is a little far from the metro station.

All

Shower cold water

very nice breakfast, availability of a private parking and space in front of the hotel where to drop the car during check in

Noise from the corridor are quite loud

The breakfast was great

Normale, ma bella la location

Bathrooms should be renewed

Staff is friendly, location is good

Friendly staff,great room,amazing place for doing breakfast super near the subway station

Shower cubicle was very small

Excellent breakfast and very comfy beds

High spec communal areas, very clean and spacious rooms. Free wifi

A little far from the train station.

Excellent breakfast. Great staff! Quiet neighborhood.

The temperature was too hot when we were ther

Excellent family hotel with superb breakfast which we ate each morning in the garden

They were more choice in the breakfast

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

shower too small

design. cleaness

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Clean confortable nice welcome and good location in Milan

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

There was no room service and the room is not of 4* quality.

The lobby looks beautiful but that's it

My number doesn't look like on the photo of booking.com! Old furniture,old paperhangings on the wall, small TV

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

need better breakfast

comfort bed , clean room,friendly staff

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

A ramp at the entrance would be usefull.

The staff is nice. Breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016