Reviews of Magaggiari Hotel Resort 4 stars

Via Peppino Impastato, Snc, 90045 Cinisi, Italy

#31 of 42 hotels in Cinisi

My wife forgot her Chanel reading glasses in the bathroom next to the sink. We realized it when we were at the airport. We called the hotel, they said they would look for them and we should call back later. We called back to be told they did not find them. We know for a fact she left them there in the case, so obviously someone on the staff is not honest.

The room was spacious

1. The receiption woman was very rude. There was another Italian family came after we checked-in. They argued and spoke in Italian for a while, then the staff without any explaination or asking , just directly turned to me to ask our key back and gave to that family, saying they want to change room (they had one standard room, we had two bedrooms with livingroom, kitchen and garden) which was already arranged to us. Very rude behavier without asking guests willing or at least appoligize after. Nothing. 2. It's nearly 11km (have to drive through the highway) away from the airport. and the hotel only offer 'taxi' (I don't know whether it runs by the hotel or not), which cost €25 for the car (1-3 people) and compulsory ask for €5 tips for the driver. According to the consumption level of Sicilla, it's too much.

Breakfast is ok.

• Double Room (1 Adult)

They said they would arrange a taxi to the airport and it costs more or less €30, although from the airport to the hotel was only €15. When the “taxi” came it was the hotel shuttle that charged €30...If you dont like fish you are pretty limited with their in-house restaurant.

Air conditioning never got our room below 24.3 C during the night, Very poor central air system for entire building. They didn’t turn it on until after 6.00 pm. It wasn’t broken but it never could do the job. The room was warmer than the outdoors but we didn’t open windows because there were no screens to keep insects out. BAD night’s sleep. Wouldn’t stay there again.

Nice people, nice physical structures, good food, proximity to airport, cleanliness.

• Double Room (1 Adult)

Superb hotel. I speak a little bi of Italian and all the staff were really helpfulto me. HOtello was clean, breakfast superb. I couldn't ask for anything better. If I ever return to Palermo I wish stay there again. Full marks from me.

Shuttle is actually a private taxi and costs 25 euro each way. Very decieving on the website. Rooms are loud and badly sound proofed. The area outside the rooms is like an Avery with 100's of birds. Restaurant again is a rip off. There is nowhere else to eat. Disappointed as this was meant to be a nice place to stay for £100 on last night of our honeymoon but was a moneypit costing £200 in the end with food, shuttle and other charges. Pretty rough round the edges for the cost.

Big room, location, pool and staff

the ventilating fan didn't work in our room - not a problem because the weather wasn't hot, but we like the sound of it for white noise while we sleep!

lovely large room, everything very clean. Lovely gardens, very close to the airport. Amazing restaurant, some of the best food we had while inSicily - fantastic menu and very friendly staff. Very helpful people at the front desk. We stayed three nights here, on our arrival and departure in Sicily - a good place to relax. Easy access to the highway for driving elsewhere in Sicily. Very extensive breakfast - everything you could want, including really good cappucino.

WiFi was limited by how many devices could be connected within our room.

The grounds area near reception lit up at night was exceptionally beautiful and just as nice in the morning too.

Everything was wonderful.

The resort was absolutely beautiful. The staff was helpful, professional and friendly. The location is close to the airport. The surrounding area very beautiful!

• Double Room (1 Adult)

Location. Didn’t realise it was so far from Palermo. There wasn’t much to see the time I went.

Luigi! He worked at the hotel, he was excellent. He needs a raise

No changed

Very comfortable bed, spacious bedroom & bathroom. Very clean . Quiet ( good soundproofing ) The proximity to the airport is ideal - great location . The shuttle is reasonably priced. Helpful staff. Very nice outdoor bar.

Plug in sink didn't work and shower curtain didn't fit so water leaked all over the floor

Great location for the airport, quiet, large rooms, good swimming pool, very nice food and coffee. Kept our bicycle boxes in storage for 2 weeks while we toured the island. Friendly and helpful on reception. Good WIFI

• Apartment (4 Adults)

The internet did not work at all. The staff said it was because too many people were on at the same time. The beds were extremely hard and uncomfortable.

The staff tried to be helpful

The noise from the airport means you wouldn’t want to stay long, we used it as we had a late flight and a three hour drive to the south so we stayed there for convenience. The roads around the hotel are terrible, that’s not something the hotel could really do much about, but it does make the hotel less appealing

It’s very close to the airport so makes the place ideal for a late or early flight. It’s a pleasant looking place and has off street parking

Limited food available for lunch at the bar

Very large room, lovely food in restaurant, handy for the airport, friendly helpful staff. Happy to accommodate our bicycles and bike boxes. Location good to cycle on quiet roads heading west.

The rooms need more electrical outlets for phones, computers, etc. (there was one on the floor!!) There was no A/C on Oct 5 and the temperature was 24 C outside and about 26 in the room. The airport shuttle only starts at 8am. Many flights leave long before that!!

Staff was great, outdoor bar terrific, the dinner was very good. Room was fine.

• Double Room (1 Adult)

the bed was hard to my liking

I loved the pool area, i thought it was very luxurious. I had a small meal at cena and it was great. I recommend this hotel to everybody. Restaurant was way above average.

We checked in at 5pm, and the reception staff informed we have to wait in lobby as they are still cleaning our room! Check in time stated on their booking confirmation was 2pm. We waited 40minutes at the lobby for our room. The room was dirty, bed sheet had food stain on it! Wifi was useless, weak and constantly disconnects! (Basically gave up using internet during my stay) I have no idea how this hotel has got so many positive reviews! Unhelpful reception lady, no wifi and delayed check in! I advise to avoid staying at this hotel

Only positive was being close to the airport

• Double Room (1 Adult)

poor customer service and the fact i gave them my email to address my issues but they didnt bother to reply more than 3 weeks since

if you travel alone it seems they don't like you to sit outside alone in the restaurant area! when i went down for an evening meal i asked to sit outside as the was plenty of empty tables and was told i couldn't was was brought inside where they had to set a placing for me in an empty inside dining room ! at that stage i would have left to go elsewhere for something to eat but it was late and i was hungry and didn't know the area to find somewhere else. the food was overpriced and steak not as ordered(medium but came rare)and bland but rather than having to go outside to find a waiter i didn't complain at the time. when i asked for the bill i was told it would go to reception so i don't even know what i was being charged??when bill came at checkout i just paid and left. The hotel and grounds seem nice but the way they run the place needs to be looked at.

The Casa we stayed in had bugs in bathroom, little flies attracted to water spigots in sink & shower. Furnishings in Casa were not very nice.

Proximity to airport, we had an early morning flight. Swimming pool. Consideration of staff, they moved us to a room that was not near the local sport team that was staying at hotel

Hotel has no Flair, Pool was closed due to Wedding, too ecpensive for what u get.

Good Location for One Night stay coming or going to the Airport. very nice staff, Big comfortable rooms.

I wish they served room service 24 hours. They only serve food during certain hours so if your hungry during off hours you have to go off the property to search for food. The beds are very firm. I sleep on a temperpedic bed so it was a big adjustment I felt like I was sleeping on a board. Some people like super firm I do not.

The staff was wonderful, I had to upgrade my room and the process was super easy and the staff was very accommodating to my family's needs. The food at the restaurant was very good. The pool was lovely.

The lunch and dinner menus are identical. This was a little restricting of food choice when at lunch you would want something a little lighter or simpler. The portion sizes of the prima piatti and secondi piatti are reasonable but sometimes you want a single course with just a little more. It was clearly possible but not made clear until too late that we could have ordered food that was not on the menu, which was a little frustrating.

The pool and pool area is a beautiful place to relax, a very restful environment that never becomes too crowded. The restaurant serves exceptional food, albeit at a premium rate.

The hotel needs some maintenance like fly screen doors broken, pool area furniture a bit worn, but overall it was fine.

The hotel is good with very large rooms, the bathroom was good with all facilities needed. The staff were very helpful and the restaurant very good. It's proximity to Palermo Airport is great and its easy to get to. The pool is amazing with three sections to please all.

At breakfast I asked a waiter for a seperate fork for the cheese at the serving tables so that it would not have ham on it but was rather rudely told to just to eat the vegetables if I was a vegetarian. This breakfast waiter was the only staff member that was rude the others were all lovely. But you might consider seperating the cheese from the meat (ham). I think a shuttle to the train station would help a lot of people to go in to Palermo for a short stay.

This hotel is very beautyful and the room was nice. The room is not big but who stays there with all the other beautyful areas to enjoy. I asked for sea view and was on the third floor with really nice views. The breakfast was very good. Lots of things to choose from and tasty. The Positano restaurant was our favorite. Good food and nice waiters.

There was a wedding the night of our stay, loud music late into the night and we were not informed of this in advance.

Excellent restaurant, very close to the Palermo airport.

Air conditioning did not succeed in cooling the room. On all the time but with south facing patio door / window the room just got too hot in the evening

Room design, good breakfast although very awkward coffee cups to walk with! Pool area and gardens are lovely

• Apartment (4 Adults)

Staff was very accommodating, food was exceptional!

It was our treat to ourselves as our last night in Sicily. We had traveled through the Island for 10+ days. Great trip, wonderful ending as well.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Had a bit of a hard time finding the place, but that might have been due to a mess up in our GPS.

Restaurant was wonderful. Dinner was terrific and wait staff very pleasant and attentive. Very convenient to Palermo Airport

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

• Double Room (1 Adult)

Possibly more variety on the menu in the restaurant.

The pool area was very nice and the location of the property in a quiet area but close to the airport was spot on. Nice view of the mountains as well and clear skies for stars.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

need more places to hang clothes in the bathroom.

The bed was firm and extremely comfortable - the restaurant is fantastic, very tasty fish dishes, imaginative and beautifully presented. Bathroom very spacious, good shower. Wonderful gardens to wander around, great views from the balcony,

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• Double Room (1 Adult)

The service was magnificent -- molto bene! Very friendly and efficient. The design of the rooms and lobby areas is beautiful. I have stayed in 3 places in Cinisi, and this was the best experience ever.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

Nothing to refer...

Another business trip but this time just for one night layover. Always a spetacular experience where i've confirmed the quality of this place and that it is, for sure, a place for travellers and businessmen with high standards. Airport is 5 minutes and Palermo around 20 minutes away. Ratio price/quality very good regarding the experience you can have there. This time I had a room on the swimming pool side, really beautiful balcony with a nice view over that area. The garden really well treated, congratulations to their gardener. I highly recommend the restaurant specially the fish dishes.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Having to leave there.

The beautiful grounds, the outstanding accommodations, the great staff, the affordable rates, the food -- my God--the food, in short -- I loved EVERYTHING about it !!

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Unfortunately the room allocated was on the ground floor and we were rudely awoken by the arrival at 5.00am by the laundery delivery man and his many carts full of clean sheets. the staff dealt with our complaint pleasantly offering to make coffee and agreed to give us a different room for the next evening.

Location was my prime consideration as I was arriving on a late internal flight and collecting a car. So ideal for the airport and getting used to driving on the right. The hotel boasts a series of swimming pools , which we did have the opportunity to use and sit out in the pool area.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

The bathroom needs updating epecially the tub area, grouting, sink etc.

The food was delicious.The Bartender/Waiter was friendly, pleasant and very efficient.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

It was not obvious where to park. As the visitors' parking places appeared full I parked in the staff parking area. This incurred the wrath of the staff in reception, who directed me to some further parking spaces.

The accommodation is in a beautiful setting close to the airport. The evening meal was of a very high standard.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

The hotel was close to the airport, a perfect place to unwind and relax in superior accommodations. The Chef has some speciality dishes which are excellent and their is a wonderful selection of wines. It is quite, beautiful flower gardens, pool and walkways for afternoon and evening strolls. Breakfast was plentiful with a good selection of savory, sweet and fruits.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Air conditioning was noisy.

The hotel was clean and room size adequate. Staff helped with our luggage. Hotel is about 10 min drive from Palermo airport.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Cannot control A/C temp in room. All rooms are on same setting. Our room was hot when we arrived and never cooled down, despite requests for help. Very hard to sleep. Only reason to stay here is that it's the closest hotel to Palermo airport and still costs 25Euro to take the hotel shuttle!

Very helpful staff

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Only suggestion is that they could have a small shuttle bus that goes to and from the airport...although the taxi was only 23 Euros. No traffic it's a 15 minute, 13 km trip...double the time for rush hour.

The 'resort' was just what was needed to spend a night before catching an early flight out of Palermo airport...QUIET, relaxing, clean, etc. The restaurant was EXCELLENT, one of our best meals in Italy ever...great chef. Pool was beautiful and pristine. A 1 km walk to heart of town but good to be out of the 'heart' of noise. Never went to the beach, can't comment.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

The hotel was spacious with lovely gardens and pool. Our room was clean and quiet and perfect for our overnight stay. The staff were all welcoming and friendly. We had a great meal too.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

The service at the restaurant was atrocious. The service staff were most unresponsive. Eventually, I had to give them a piece of my mind for them to respond. Quality of food itself was decent though.

Location is a plus. Especially for early morning flights. Our room, though small, had a decent view.

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

• Apartment (4 Adults)

We were booked to be in an apartment and that was changed when we go there - to 2 separate rooms. However, they did give it to us for same price, but I was looking forward to all being together in the apartment. They were very nice and wanted to make sure the new rooms assigned were good for us! All worked out and it was just for one night!

Great stay! Pool area beautiful!

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

Close to the airport and convenient for us, but not the best place to base a tour of Sicily.

Perfect place to adjust to the time change before our stay in Sicily. Pool area was lovely. Restaurant was excellent in both food and service. One of our best meals in Sicily and our waiter, Luigi, was very helpful. Modern, clean rooms. good breakfast buffet.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

Rooms are quite basic. We had no place to keep our cases and bags. And we had nowhere to keep our clothes, toiletries or things other than scattering them around the room. Only one bedside table, no desk or table. And this was meant to be a room for two at €150 per night! (€80 for one). Very overpiced!

The pool area is great. The bed was comfy and room clean. Overall a good hotel. Staff are friendly.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

Breakfast very poor, staff very unfriendly, worms on the floor in the room, uncomfortable bed and mattress wormed out. I am not sure how their got 4 star rating very disappointing indeed! Edita

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

Don't expect a real outgoing staff. I picked this hotel due to rhe proximity to the airport and their advertised airport shuttle service, however they did not want to take us in their Mini Cooper. Why would an airport hotel have only a small car?

The worst breakfast during our trip around Sicily. Very bad soundproofing.

Swimming pool and hotel grounds.

Not very good beds

• Apartment (4 Adults)

Beds were very hard and uncomfortable. No amenities

The view was beautiful.

Limited outlets. Bad wifi.

Beautiful pool and hotel is located close to the airport, which is what we were looking for. Bed was comfortable.

I wish it was a little closer to restaurants and other facilities but it made for some nice walks.

handy to Palermo Airport airport

lack of facilities in the room.

Clean and ok hotel, nothing special in any direction. Average in all.

• Double Room (1 Adult)

Bed a little hard. No tea/ coffee making facilities in room.

nice and quiet.

All good

Restaurant was very good. Good service

People

Excellent restaurant

not very pleasant staff at the desk not very pleasant staff in the restaurant

very close to the airport nice place to be for one night or two

• Double Room (1 Adult)

Breakfast was poor cold scrambled egg flies everywhere

We liked everything about the hotel. EXCELLENT

no hot water in the room....they took a nominal amount off our bill.

Nice staff, close to the airport.. Rooms are comfortable but not lavish. Restaurant is good but expensive in relation to the accommodations.

The WiFi is spotty in the room.

The food was amazing! One of the best in Sicily

Poor sound and noise isolation

The reception was not very helpful

The outer area

The coffee was cold & the half door on the bathtub.

The pool, the design and look of the room and hotel and the choice of breakfast food

air conditioner in all 3 rooms did t work well at all

Loved the staff and property

Shower curtain broken and dirty. Shower head broken and no soap. Room very nice but beds were minimal

The beds are very comfortable, but the main attraction is the world class restaurant!!!!

The scenary was beautiful

traveling to location

climate and quietness

The AC is very poor, the installation is bad so the rooms are too warm. Breakfast is not too good

Nice pool and big rooms

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Too pricey for what it was, compared to other accomodations we stayed at in Sicily

Browse Magaggiari Hotel Resort traveller photo gallery