Reviews of Hotel Majestic Roma – The Leading Hotels of the World 5 stars

Via Veneto 50, Via Veneto, 00187 Rome, Italy

#218 of 921 hotels in Rome

The hotel is in a great location, near the Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain. We also walked to the Pantheon from the hotel. The concierge gave us great tips and arranged two private tours for us, which were excellent. The terrace restaurant was a wonderful place to sit.

• Classic Single Room

My bath tub drain was blocked and lightbulb needed changing in room. I told staff but nothing was done about it during my 4 nights stay.

The room was beautiful and comfortable and well appointed but TINY (single bedroom)

Room was on 1st floor slightly elevated from the main road so traffic and the train(metro) could be heard /felt plus the deluxe triple room was ok as a double definately not as a three bed room

Excellent staff,more than happy to assist us in any way,kidsfriendly !!!Breakfast in a nice terrace, while internal halls were superb!!

For the price one pays, this hotel does not live up to what one expects from a 5 star hotel as it says. Also the free internet log in requires guests to enter cryptic user id and password. Moreover, the connection drops so frequently and unexpectedly, which makes it a pain.

It is a glitzy hotel in a good location.

Price is on high side but I think you get what you pay for.

Wonderful big room for our family. Enough for my 2yo to run around. The bathroom was luxurious floor to ceiling marble and huge bath. Will stay here again.

• Classic Single Room

maybe breakfast menu - it would be good to see more fresh fruits and juices, maybe something from traditional Italian cuisine

very friendly and client oriented staff, very good location, nice terrace for breakfast

The concierge could offer more services by being able to help in train reservations as we were new to the rail system and needed help and orientation

Great location and friendly staff

• Deluxe Double Room

The WiFi was unacceptable. Not only did it constantly disconnect, the quality of the WiFi even when connected was terrible. The WiFi was so inadequate that we may not want to stay at this hotel again until they fix the situation.

The very professional staff catered to the guests in a very prompt and pleasant manner. The dining room and the breakfast spread were excellent. The hotel has kept all its old world charm. The bedroom and the bathroom were very nice.

A little more appreciation for the reason we had to leave early

Everything was perfect, we have been in the hotel before. Only minus was the fact that due to circumstances we had to leave 3 days early. The hotel charged the whole stay and dit not have any consideration for the reason we had to leave, which you should expect. They promised to get back to us regarding this item, but we have not heard. We will therefore not be going back.

They dont prepare kettle in room. so need to order for room service if you need coffee or tea.. so cant eat your instant noodle at middle of night.haha

Good Hotel.. Location is great.. Near Hard Rock Cafe, great restaurant and shopping street. Near to Leather shop. everything just walking distance. the bed & pillow is great..good quality for 5 star hotel.

0 for friendless. The staff was hostile from the moment we checked in. Never again!!! If you want to be treated badly, yelled at and humiliated stay here. Not really a 5 star hotel.

That we had to leave early

Location amazing , near many coffee shops , restaurants, 10-15 mnts walk to Spanish steps and main shopping streets, near by many shops .. metro station near by ... Receptionist, concierge , Staff amazing truly they are friendly and kind , smiling all the time , helpful Room clean , spacious , Hotel really amazing highly recommended

• Deluxe Double Room

My shower was broken but I didn't realize it until I was ready to take a shower. I expected more at a high-end hotel.

The bed was comfortable. Room service was good and the staff was excellent and recommended a wonderful glass of wine to accompany my meal. Check-in staff was extraordinarily friendly and welcoming after a long journey. The location can't be beat and the room and public spaces were quite charming.

• Deluxe Double Room

The main restaurant was beautiful however not very busy when we dined there

The hotel had a very nice ambience and the general manager Antonio was very friendly...

All the stuff they are very professional, very friendly One think the titles in the bathroom it's need to change .

I thought with this price included Breacfast , and there is no coffee machine in the rooms,

• Deluxe Double Room

Wifi is definitely in a great need of improvement. We had difficulty loading anything other than an email, and had to put in the password twice a day.

The rooms are extremely clean, and the staff incredibly nice. We had the best stay of our entire vacation in this hotel, and everything was so satisfying. The breakfast is amazing, there are choices for everyone, and the room service food was also very tasty. We had the most amazing experience with the consierges who are there for you with any questions you might have, and any help you need around the city (they made us a reservation to the best restaurant in Rome).

No kettle in room for tea/coffee which even a 1 star hotel provides. Bathroom fittings are old and chrome is coming off and are in bad condition , Did not expect this from a hotel which has a tag of the leading hotels of the world .The hotei is Quite far from Trive fountain ,spanish steps and the shopping area. Did not expect this from a hotel which has a tag of the leading hotels of the world. Sofas and chairs in the small lobby have a shabby upholstry with foam finished. In so much money one can have a better hotel. Amd i would suggest booking.com to tel all hotes to update their recents photos of the rooms and bathrooms. We got fooled looking at the pics .

Old hotel, very small gym, old antiquated rooms. No iron in the room and the hotel did not supply one and would only iron items at very expensive rate.

Vey good location for shopping and the Spanish steps

• Deluxe Double Room

When we arrived the air conditioning was not working so spent first night without ac Then we moved next day to another room which has been checked to another pertain too so we I entered the room I found some body there This is weird and they did 3 pre authorization to my credit card without asking me Stuff needs to be trained well

Sound proofing of windows to avoid traffic noise in the night

It's an old hotel but kept very well. The whole and look and feel. The staff goes really out of the way to meet your needs

Good location, nice hotel clearly been refurbished in recent times. A good spot if you intend to be out sight seeing and need a nice place to come back to at night. The restaurant was average.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Alot of staff snooty (bell boys were great though). I think they are used to catering to the "rich". Not a very friendly hotel and food very over priced. Don't eat there but go to the small sidewalk cafes nearby. We found the bed hard (not a Westin heavenly bed).

Room size good. By joining for free the Leading Hotels of the world (can do this at front desk) breakfast was free (a 30 euro pp cost otherwise). 5 min walk to Trevi fountain and Spanish steps. Felt safe walking in area.

• Deluxe Double Room

Amazing hotel. We have stayed twice in this hotel - 2012 and 2017. Quit place in the heart of Roma. 10-15 minutes from Villa and park Borgese, fontain Trevi and Spain stairs. Great decorated room, very extensive breakfast.

• Deluxe Double Room

Staff: some are very good (but unfortunately a minority. Good mark to the diner staff and the day concierge) but most of the staff is horrible: it seems you disturb them when asking for sthg basic (for example when going for breakfast: the girl is deeply busy with her papers and let you wait. Or you ask for a coffee but need to ask for it 3 times. Or you ask for the assistance of a maid and this requires 30mn and 2 calls. Etc etc....) Clean: not. I can give you the hair color of the different maids as I found many in the bathroom. You leave at 9am, and your room is not done when coming back to change at lunch time. Empty bottles remain in the room more than 1 day.... I chose this hotel because of its Leading Hotels in the World membership. But I wonder: or LHW has not reviewed for a while this hotel, or the criteria are dramatically low and I will never trust again them Bref, a all-in bad experience

Location is ok, Via Veneto near the Center Terrasse is small but really nice

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

The hotel treats me very badly I have been given the rooms to me and my family in a secluded place where there is no elevator and access by the services stair and I do not know why the hotel treated me as an enemy not a guest like others

It was my birthday and the hotel staff had very kindly put a bottle of bubbly on ice upon our return from our day out. All staff were very helpful and friendly.!

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

The hotel is in great postion. The staff that is working is more than helpful and nothing seems to be hard for them when you ask them. And always a smile on their face. My partner and I were there to celebrate my 40th biryhday. The hotel staff helped my partner to arrange my birthday surprise. The hotel is clean, very stylish, the terrace is very beautiful. The rooms are clean and cosy. I would really suggest this hotel without any hasitation. Even when we come back to beautiful Roma, I would stay again. Beautiful hotel.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

The posibility to eat outdoors on the terrace, and not be forced to order the breakfast buffet, was excellent for me. Breakfast a la carte = from 10€ + Cappuccino 5 €.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Everything!!! It's an amazing hotel located in the center of Rome, staff was above any expectation our return flight was scheduled to a late hour and we were allowed staying in the hotel 6 extra hours without any additional fee. There was a taxi drivers strike in the Rome, so hotel stuff provided us with a car and driver. I've visited many hotels, but never got such an amazing care by hotel stuff.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

No kettle in the room. Wifi does not remember login credentials and you need to re-enter them as soon as your device goes to sleep.

Fantastic location, close to Villa Borghese and the Spanish steps. Great staff, especially Mr Claudio went out of his way to mash us feel most welcome.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

Beautifully appointed rooms and facilities; food excellent in presentation and taste; great location without being in the midst of the busy tourist areas

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

30 euros each person for breakfast is a bit steep although the breakfast was excellent. Euro 70 per day to park the car was silly so park at public station 200 meters away for E 20

old fashioned hotel in great location with nice spacious rooms

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

• Classic Single Room

The breakfast buffet is 30 Euros. There is a huge selection----lots of sweets, which I don't like. Too much food. Too much money. I ordered an omelette and coffee every day for 18 euros. That is still pretty expensive, but the restaurant is so beautiful and so nice that I couldn't resist starting my day there. You could stay as long as you like. No one is rushing you.

Beautiful, historic hotel in a fabulous location. All the staff----bell men, bar men, waitstaff, concierges, housekeepers----went out of their way to make my stay special. It is a great place for a solo traveler. Couples and families seemed to be having a great time as well. I had a single room, which was small, but comfortable, well-designed, and well-appointed; it was quite a good value. The door is opened by an traditional key with a tassel. You drop the key at the desk before you leave the hotel; I love the old-fashioned way. The elevator is original from 1898, and it is in great working order. I will never forget the elegant Christmas Day lunch at the exceptionally beautiful restaurant. It was expensive, but worth it. Three of the eleven tables were occupied by solo woman diners, and we were all treated well. The families at the other tables seemed very happy. From the Majestic, one can walk to the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, and Pantheon. The Barbarini Metro stop is a short walk. A friend who stayed here last year gave a strong recommendation. If I am lucky enough to return to Rome, I will stay here again.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

The bed was not very comfortable. The Restaurant in the Hotel was very nice but very over priced.

The location was great. Maybe a 10 minute walk to the Trevi Fountain and Spanish Steps. The workers there were very friendly.

• Reviewed: 19 November 2016

The rooms at front of the hotel can be noisy and bathrooms rather dated

The staff are terrific and very helpful in providing advice for restaurants and sites Italy wide.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

There wasn't heater in the room. It was very cold during night. We asked for one but they couldn't supply. Also front desk staff was a bit careless.

Location!

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

Noise of the road Bed was very hard. Hot water / pressure of sink tap poor. No atmosphere in public areas. Only comfortable place to sit was the bar. No separate showere. Difficult getting on and out of the bath due to shower screen.

Bar and outdoor terrace very good.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

The bed. It was supposed to be one bed but they combined two separate beds together, creating this valley in the middle of it.

The helpful staff and the location

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

I liked Everything !! The beautifull build , the very nice , comfortable and clean room , the excellent location ! Its the best in Rome !! and the very kind and nice staff !! I am happy to were there !! was my second time at The Majestic Rome Hotel !!

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

It is not 5 stars hotel, compare to other 5 stars that I have been to. I have stayed in Majestic Hotel in Barcelona and it was far better quality than the one in Rome.

Staff and location

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Breakfast was too expensive so we didn't do it. 30 euros per person was a bit much so went to a local cafe with an extra 10 euros for room service. We did book a very nice hotel though so that's my own fault.

Beautiful finishings and decor

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

No complains.Maybe slightly overpriced.

Good staff and good comfort. Not really my style of interior, but very nice. Close to some small bistro's and restaurants down the street.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

It was very noisy in both two rooms that we stayed. For the junior suite, the terrace bar is right below the room. So every night, we could hear the jazz music until midnight. For the double room, it was close to the street. At 5a.m. trash cars started collecting waste and we were waken up everyday in the morning. Besides, the room was a bit dark since there was no lamp on the ceiling. The style and staffs of the hotel qualify the 5 stars. However, we couldn't sleep well which is our basic need after a long-day visits. For a room priced ~450 euro per night, it is a pity.

The rooms are tastefully decorated. Bathroom is spacious. And staffs are very helpful and always with a smile.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

The elevator was out of order for two days and our room are on the third floor!! When we asked the reception they said sorry we cant do anything! Very inconvenient and disappointing from a 5 star hotel! The breakfast is modest nothing special and the lobby is tiny for a luxurious hotel. Rooms are decent nothing special.

Via Venetto is always great to stay in when in Rome

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

Complicated internet access codes that drop out a lot, rooms need a little updating, loud music from bar accross street at night from front room on second floor.

Great staff. Beautiful outdoor restaurant. Excellent location. Excellent air conditioning .

Possibly lack of innovation as set in their ways

Location to walk every where and the relaxed sophistication of the hotel

WiFi defective, staff was not helpful in dealing with some airline problems, good concierge

Great location and good building

Need some improvements.

• Deluxe Double Room

Restaurant at dinner time. Very limited choice and nouvelle cuisine. Not what i was hoping for.

Staff were nice and helpful

• Deluxe Double Room

Friendly and accomodating staff. Great breakfast buffet (but not cheap).

• Deluxe Double Room

This is a beautiful hotel, the utmost in elegance. Super comfortable bed, delicious breakfast buffet, great location.

Nothing .. its my preffered hotel in Rome

Location.. clean.. helpful staff ... Special thanks to Faisal

The staff was friendly and always helpful. Location is awesome.

Wi-fi could not be worse!

The offered services and attitude of personnel are impeccable!!!

• Deluxe Double Room

Exceptional location, great staff, beautiful roof terrace

some of the floors were under maintenance

very good location

The Majestic presents to you absolutely the best Concierge service by far, congratulations.

• Deluxe Double Room

Rooms are noisy, AC was not working and room had no hot water at times

Great hotel, I recommend it to Roma visitors. Location is amazing.

• Deluxe Double Room

The foyer and left need uplifting

Oriental style

Very nice hotel. Good services and very well placed in the city.

• Classic Single Room

Rooms were too tiny for the price I paid

Staff service

• Deluxe Double Room

The wi fi for my apple phone was terrible.

Location, ambiance of hotel, breakfast

Terrible room very noisy Old furniture Did not perform my special request

Terrible room very noisy

• Deluxe Double Room

breakfast service dreary...the only unfriendly staff.

room was very nice, concierge extra great.

disappointed

Not accommodating any breakfast for early departure

great value deal for last minute booking location size of room and great staff

The room is very small, internet very poor.

good localization

• Deluxe Double Room

:-) hot water feed - was a bit slow

location, staff, comfort all excellent.

Nothing to say here!

The friendliness of the staff and the perfect location. The rooftop bar is so nice on a summer's evening.

Elecatots

Location, location, location

Internet access, bathroom.

A little pricey

Awesome place.

• Deluxe Double Room

Noisy even if you put do not disturb the staff will talk very loud out of your room. Furniture and bath are old and not on a good condition.

Browse Hotel Majestic Roma – The Leading Hotels of the World traveller photo gallery