Reviews of Hotel Maritan 3 stars

Via Gattamelata 34, 35128 Padova, Italy

#26 of 41 hotels in Padova

A nice hotel. An amazing city.

The hotel is very close to the hospital, which has ambulances coming and going from it often, so it was a bit noisy as my window did not close all the way and I was on ground floor. If you are sensitive to noise I would suggest asking for a room on a higher level. If not, all you need are some earplugs and you are good to go :)

It is quite easy to get to from the train station, within walking distance if you plan for it but there is also a bus stop just down the street if you don't want to walk with all your things. The staff are nice and the breakfast is quite good. For a solo traveller it is a decent place, safe and fairly central to all Padova has to offer. It is within 10 minutes walking time to get to The Basilica of St. Antony, and I would say 20-30 minutes walking time to get to the Palazzo Della Ragione. There are also numerous food and drink options in the square outside the Basilica if you want a bite to eat after exploring the grand building.

Good location, easily accessible from the train station by...
    • Economy Double Room

The pillows and bed were quite hard. The wellness center was only open from 16:30-20:30 and you have to pay 5 euro to rent a bathrobe in order to use the facilities.

Good location, easily accessible from the train station by bus.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Very confortable

There was nothing that we didn’t like

It was very near the places we wanted to visit and only a walking distance from St. Anthony’s Basilica and good restaurant nearby. As we travel by car, the car parking park facilities are good. The staff were very helpful and friendly. We have been to this hotel before and would stay again. Has good facilities for a three star hotel.

Good value for money: excellent facilities, comfortable and...
    • Economy Double Room

The hotel is located on a street with much traffic and the windows are not fully noise isolating.

Good value for money: excellent facilities, comfortable and spacious room, super friendly staff. It is a bit out of the center, but you get to the main sights in 10 minutes or less. Definitely recommend!

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Our room was ready when we arrived a little bit early.
    • Economy Double Room

Had a room overlooking the main road. There was quite a bit of traffic noise and regular sirens from ambulances going to the nearby hospital. Suggest you request a quiet room if possible.

Our room was ready when we arrived a little bit early. Thank you so much.

The Staff was really funny and very nice.

I tried to control the air conditioner but it didnt work. Even the out of the room was cooler than my room

The Staff was really funny and very nice. And the location was fine.

"Clean and cozy"

Small detail but I really missed shower hose. Property has shower cabins with fixed shower head on the wall. Avoid if Pauda holds some huge event, you will be ripped off.

Cozy and clean hotel with friendly staff. Close to the city center. Old look but very charming. In general good value for money.

Just don't.

I liked how the staff allowed me early check-in without fuzz. I asked at check-in if there was a Jacuzzi I had seen it on the website. I was told no. Day after it turned out they had one that's open certain hours. I used it, it was great. UUThenfortunately the receptionist forgot to open it for me though I had just called him and I wauited alibe n, a darl corridor for about ten minutes til another giant mam came to open for me. I did not feel safe til he left. The balcony was under construction and I was told to exit on my own risk. My neighbours spent the nights drinking on it talking loudly. There was hair in the shower as I checked in and the worst thing was it's opposite the hospital which mean loud sirens day and night. Do not go here unless you absolutely must.

The massage tub.

Nice and clean, staff was ok.
    • Economy Double Room

Only one person on the front desk was nice all the rest was not very friendly.

Nice and clean, staff was ok. Also they gave us a superior room instead of what we had book

Wonderful Padova, especially once you get behind the scenes.
    • Economy Double Room

Very helpful person at the checkin counter; gave us priorities on what to see in the limited time we had, directions, bus connections etc. He was very passionate about his city and felt Venice overshadowed the wonderful tourist opportunities in Padova. The second time we have stayed in this city.

Overall impression is good, small rooms.
    • Economy Double Room

Booking website did not contain the information that to visit SPA facilities you have to pay 5 EUR for the rent of the bathrobe.

Room decor recreates the atmosphere of the city. It is simple, but stylish.

Nice hotel
    • Economy Double Room

One of the male receptionist wasn't very helpful when we needed his advice to get to Treviso Airport before 7am. He said there was no public transport and our only option was to pick a taxi. We later found that the public transport was in fact working from the very early morning. We felt very overwhelmed.

Very clean. Good staff. Perfect location.

I booked it at 11 in the night and checked in at 01.

I booked it at 11 in the night and checked in at 01. It was a crazy night and found this place cheap and fast. Really helped a lot. They have 24 hours front desk. Thanks. Great value for the money. Clean bathroom and room.

Nice budget friendly hotel
    • Economy Double Room

The hotel smelt a bit smoking but I didn't bother to ask for a change since was a late booking and a late check-in. The parking was a bit expensive and the tourist city taxes was an extra that I was not expecting to pay.

Staff was really nice and helpful, their communication was fast when they were contacted via booking. Hotel was clean and the price was a bargain. Quiet place but also close to the city centre, walking distance. Check-in could be made after midnight, also no rush on the check-out time.

Good location lots of hot water, that’s about it.
    • Economy Double Room

The staff was unfriendly and not helpful. I stayed in 3 rooms and in every case the rooms bathrooms and showers were small. And in 2 of the rooms the shower head was too low so I had to stoop down to wash my hair. In one bathroom the toilet seat cover would not stay up on its own so I had to sit with the toilet seat against my back just to go to the bathroom. None of the bathrooms had a window or vent fan. Outside one of tne of the rooms was what I can only assume was the water heater and it made a very loud noise for 10 or 15 minutes every couple of hours. The pravite parking was nice but had to pay €7.00 a day for it. The cancellation policy if terrible. On our first stay we booked for 2 days because my wife was having a procedure in the hospital. The procedure was postponed a week and we didn’t need the second night. We tried to cancel early in the day but we had to pay for both nights because the cancellation policy is that you have to cancel by 12:00 noon the previous day.

The location was close to the hospital so it was easy to visit my wife and there was an abundant supply of hot water.

Enjoyable stay at a lovely hotel in an awesome town.

Had to pay for parking.

We got upgraded to a double room due to the low occupancy, which was a lovely surprise. The room was clean, neat and comfortable. The bathroom was nice.

Not to advise.

The noise from the street, beds arent confortable, acces to the spa limited (16:30-20:30) with to much obligations.Bad and expensive breakfast. Not good place for family and for this price.

Nice location...revise you staff

Apart from the nice and professional staff at the reception, the guy at the spa asked us for some extra money... not a tip...a fixed amount...and the cleaning girl opened the door at 9am without knocking... really uncomfortable.

The room and wellness center are really nice

Location good, parking not free, old hotel

Parking was 7 euros per day and we did not see that when we booked. This kind of information is really important in this location to visit people at hospital. It shoud be more visible on the website. Paintings on wall are awful, decoration is old and of bad taste.

The location close to hospital.

Good bare necessities

I'm 6'2" and the otherwise perfectly satisfactory shower was made difficult for the cubicle being big enough only for a Hobbit.

Clean room, comfy bed. Check-in n checkout was smooth. Obliging staff.

Excellent staff - all very helpful. Pity about the location.

I had not realised the hotel was on the ring road immediately outside the town wall so traffic was continuous.

Bed was very comfortable. Bathroom had every aid necessary.

Nice, clean, inexpensive hotel

Value for the money. Room was small, but not too small :-) Very friendly staff. Located a little bit aside from main city sightseeing places among the hospitals buildings. Nice and clean place!

good for the conference stay

Prior to my arrival, the hotel had problem with secure transaction to confirm my booking, two independent banks were rejecting credit cards transaction from the hotel. hotel threaten that they will cancel my booking if there was no success, 2 days before my arrival. I had to call the bank and authorized transactions by phone, but that was quite a stressful situation since all the hotels around were booked.

good location if you are on the conference in the Padua conference center - it's a 20 min walk, mostly through a park. also the hotel is in walking distance from the old town. From the train/bus station take a bus or 30 min walk. Free and fast Wi-Fi. Breakfast is good but only cold plate.

Friendly staff.

Lots of ambulance cars as the hotel is next to the hospital, car traffic as the hotel is situated next to a big street (Saturday night).

Friendly staff. City within easy walking distance.

We were completely satisfied.

Good value for a short stay.

Hotel has parking for a small fee. 10 min walk to old town. Our room window was looking to the street. With windows shut it was fine. Beds are good. Reception stuff was helpful.

Only suitable if you have business at the hospital
    • Economy Double Room

The room was small, the shower was tiny with terrible water pressure and it is located on a main road opposite a major hospital so it is noisy. The curtains didn't close in the room so it was light when the sun came up and our room looked into a petrol station at street view.

Very dirty, old, stinky and a lot of bugs!
    • Economy Double Room

It was very old stinky room with dusty curtains, which wasn't washed, i suppose for many years!!!! The bathroom looked like clean but it was also very stinky!!! And when we ask to change the room or manage this problem with bathroom they ask us to pay more.... Air conditioner was not fully working, only refreshing the room for a while and then stopped until the room was hot again... And the worst thing was the BUGS and 🐜 Ants in the room!!!! This bed bugs were bite us!! It was itchy a lot!!! So... we were very disappointed with this all this discomfort ....

The room was nice, quiet, clean and cool (on some hot summer...
    • Economy Double Room

The room was nice, quiet, clean and cool (on some hot summer days). Bed was big and confortable and the bathroom was modern, clean (except some mold in the shower cabin) with clean towels everyday. We didn't have time to have breakfast or go to the spa room, but all in all it was a very pleasant stay.

The breakfast was good and the cleaning staff were very...

See above

The breakfast was good and the cleaning staff were very friendly. Some of the receptionists have us the feeling that hotel guests were an inconvenience rather than their only reason for being in a job.

Great value hotel, perfect for a short break, just a 5 min walk to the city

Wellness centre was closed one evening due to a problem

Friendly welcome, great breakfast and wellness centre was excellent bonus. Great value for money

Businessman's hotel in good location.

Staff not too helpful and often distracted. Dated facilities. No atmosphere. Did the job, nothing more.

Businessman's hotel close to old city. Good parking. Nothing special.

The breakfast was not so bad

The air conditioning was not working in the room, the fitness room was just a joke, the treadmill was so old, I have never seen something like this. I couldn't rest in the room the hotel was noisy

The breakfast was not so bad

Great location but not comfortable

The bed was so uncomfortable. A intercom was ringing from the morning 8 continuously for 30 minutes. You can hear in other room peoples talking and entering toilet and everything. 11 o'clock check out i haven't seen in last 5 years. I didn't have enough cash to pay water and breakfast and they didn't allow me to oay with my debit card even. Which i found not respectful.

Location was great with a good internet connection. Well connected with public transport and esay to move in in city center and train ans bus station.

One of the worst experiences for this price

You can hear everything that is going on in the hotel. At 7 am in the morning you will get waken up by the housekeeping ladies that yell at one another and slam the doors to the rooms. So you won't be getting a good rest here. Also the rooms had no working blinds, this again at 6 in the morning you would get woken up by the rising sun. There were some metal blinders stuck half way through that didn't work. I would avoid this hotel if I were you. Also the price is a joke for these conditions.

Nothing to be honest.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Hotel is very close to the center, 10 minute easy walk to...

Hotel is very close to the center, 10 minute easy walk to the Basilica of St. Anthony and Pratto della Valle. You are practically already in the center, beacuse the hotel is on the main street. Rooms are quite modern in italian style, not veery big but you have all you need. Breakfast was great (buffet), you have plenty choice, from ham and cheese to croassane and nutella. Staff is very friendly and helpful, and they know english! Big plus: safe and secured parking place.

Comfortable and clean

Slightly off the centre, next to a hospital which can gave noisy amubalances. But that's not the hotels fault!

Really comfortable rooms. The hotel isn't new but the room were clean. The staff are really helpful. Special mention for Georgia on the reception and the young girl who works the breakfast shift.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Enjoyable visit

On behalf of my husband,he was very happy at your hotel as it was very close to all amenities.He would not hesitate to return when he is back in Padova.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

• Economy Double Room

We selected this hotel because of it's proximity to St. Antony's Basilica. But the stay was a disappointment. They were not tied up to any tour programs. We had to schedule everything on our own. The breakfast was limited to a few cold items. Will not be staying in this hotel again.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

PADOVA PACKS QUITE A PUNCH

Was not warned the hotel was very close to the hospital. Sirens were quite frequent, Choose a room on the back side of the hotel. While hotel is close to train station (as the crow flies), you can not get there without a taxi. The streets are one way so taxi is not inexpensive.

Breakfast was filling and lovely. The young woman who handled it each morning is a true jewel. She made the mornings most pleasant. Good location for walking to St. Anthony's Cathedral and seeing part of this wonderful university town. On the way to the Cathedral, stop for coffee, lunch or dinner at a delightful mom and pop café called Le Giara on Via Facciolali. You won't be disappointed.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

The staff members were very nice and helpfull.
    • Economy Double Room

Some lightbulbs were not working in the room.Also when taking shower the water was leaking everywhere around the bathroom.

The staff members were very nice and helpfull.They even upgraded the size of my room free of charge as my wife did the booking and did not realised how small the original room was.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Good breakfast and friendly staff.
    • Economy Double Room

Good breakfast and friendly staff. There is a nice spa area, good for relaxing. Locations is good, close to the center (15 min by walk). Restaurants and markets around.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

Comfortable
    • Economy Double Room

Everything was just amazing, my stay was just over one night and the staff made it super special. The city and the food and the culture of Padova was just breathtaking.

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

Komfort next to the city center

Location is opposite the hospital, so if you like to sleep with windows open, you will hear the horns of the ambulance cars.

Very friendly staff, good breakfast with excellent coffee, perfect parking.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Auto moto d'epoca

The room was not sound proof. You could hear your next door neighbours especially when in their bathroom.

The staff were very helpful and professional. The room was clean and spacious. The bed was big and comfortable. The breakfast products were fresh and the variety vast. The spa amenities were charming and exceptionally clean. The hotel location was within walking distance from the old city centre and the fair grounds.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Fantastic hotel! If I was to come again I would definitely book this hotel and would recommend it t!

Softer bed 😊

Bed was on the hard side but everything else was to a high standard so the bed being hard was overshadowed. The location and the staff were professional and welcoming. They had all the answers to the questions I asked.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

It was well positioned for visitors coming with a car.

Doors lacking inside lock or chain. It was easy to enter be pushing the door from outside even without keycard.

It was well positioned for visitors coming with a car. Also 20 mins walk from Padua downtown. Nice room.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

A wonderful hotel and staff, but very noisy.
    • Economy Double Room

The street in front was too noisy with around the clock traffic. The windows did not isolate the noise and sleeping was a challenge. Especially with the hospital nearby meaning ambulance sirens constantly pass. The only outside sitting place was only only on the busy street.

The hotel is quite nice, the staff really friendly, and the room was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

The property was good value.
    • Economy Double Room

The property was good value. There was a little bit too much deodorant in the rooms and entry area - really strong odour. Aside from this, the staff were so helpful. Excellent.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Did not like it

Our room was very very small, very hot no sunlight.Bathroom was dirty rust for the showercap, Water was not going thr. Was really dirty. Also breakfast what they mention was not true. Too small breads hardly anything for the breakfast. Wifi without protection means not password. It was open to anyone. Bed one matrass was goed other one was not. i did not sleep the whole night. something was not right/ Was getting sound from the mini bar or TV.

outside our room everything was nice. Staf was friendly.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Great place to visit but the room facilities was bad.
    • Economy Double Room

When I ran the air-conditioning, after 2 hours, water was leaking from the air-conditioner and spilling on the floor of the room through the walls. I have to place some towels on the floor so it doesn't become slippery. I did mention to the morning concierge but the problem was not fixed. From what I understood, from her, we just have to leave it turned off and live with it. In Italy, people don't turn on the air-conditioning during October. Wifi is very slow.

The concierge was very accommodating and friendly. Very helpful.

Very good value for money

Very good value for money. Good breakfast. They have also a gym inside. The porter was there also at 2 am.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Comfortable and friendly place for visiting the city.

Room was good size, comfortable bed, clean bathroom. Very helpful and friendly staff. Location good for my needs. Price was great.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Small rooms, but good value for money

The room was small

Clean and friendly staff

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Great staff.

Great staff. SANTE the manager is amazing! Great Room 😍

The shower.

Location. Nice staff. Comfortable bed.

The air-condition wasn’t working but was told that it was...

The air-condition wasn’t working but was told that it was working fine.

We arrived late 2am and we had no problem with checking in

Drilling from 09:00am was not very pleasant

We arrived late 2am and we had no problem with checking in

Different price!

Because the price was different than the booking price!

Very clean place, nice people working in this hotel
    • Economy Double Room

Noise from the main road next to the hotel

Very clean place, nice people working in this hotel

gentile, simpatico. albergo città

check-in, no word regarding spa zone

staff was very helpful and open

Friendly staff and good quality for reasonable price.

SPA could be open longer.

Friendly staff and good quality for reasonable price.

Everything was clean, comfy beds,

Our room faced on to the main road it was very noisy .

Everything was clean, comfy beds, And staff were helpful

Nice room and friendly staff and all for a fair price.

Nice room and friendly staff and all for a fair price.

Hotel is located within 10 minutes walk from St.

Hotel is located within 10 minutes walk from St. Anton Basilica, good parking for 7 EUR.

It was very comfortable

It was very comfortable

Staff at reception is very friendly and helpful.

Breakfast lacks imagination.

Staff at reception is very friendly and helpful. Parking.

The parking was relatively expensive (7 Euro/day)
    • Economy Double Room

The parking was relatively expensive (7 Euro/day)

Good prix/quality ratio

A little bit old

Good prix/quality ratio

Recommended hotel

Near downtown

"I'll be back"
    • Economy Double Room

Everyting!!! Hospitality, wonderfull staff, comfort, perfectly clean...

There was not bidet :(

There was not bidet :(

Very nice hotel, parking, close to city centre.

Hotel is oposite to the hospital, so it s wery noisy.

Very nice hotel, parking, close to city centre.

Beatiful

Staff is perfekt

Moderately accommodation
    • Economy Double Room

No in room tea coffee facilities though had a mini bar fridge

It was adequate

Good location and staff but very small room and toilet

Very small room