Reviews of Hotel Marsala 2 stars

6.1

6.1

3.2

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The whole hotel is very old and needs maintenance. In the rooms, the fans are situated under the light, creating uncomfortable shadows. The hotel charges extra for everything, internet, towels, left luggage. They need to update their business model.

I liked the view from the room and its cleanliness.

The stuff was unfriendly, they asked me to wait and then almost forgot about me, so I had to wait till they checked me in. Shower was unsafe and very old. Really noisy outside Every extra step is paid - wifi, baggage or breakfast.

Great location, clean

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The italian employee that works at morning treated me very bad, when he saw my israeli passport he said something bad about making joking about me because I am israeli,disrespect. The hotel is good! good location but the treatment of this employee was terrible.

The elevator starts from first flore so in order to reach reception you need use steps and with laggeges it's quite difficult.

Good location clise to Roma Termini Staition, exelent solution for peole who are in transit.

Staff were rude, unhelpful, arrogant , careless, non understanding, PERVERTED, disgusting old men- actually disgusting people who made me and my girlfriend feel sick and uncomfortable, I will be making w complaint to take this further, booking.com shouldn’t have this listed on there site

Nothing , location was okay

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

- Extremely noisy inside the room !!! - Intensive traffic on the street in front of the hotel, car horn, you can hear (loud and clear) when someone of the other guest try to lock/unlock the door. - One/Shared bathroom and toilet for the entire floor (it is not so comfortable). - Dirty blanket. - The last renovation of the room possibly was very long time ago.

- Perfect location. - Clean sheets and floor. There was no bad smell. - Good price for the room. - Few minutes (3-5) walking to the Metro station, and bus transfer to the airports. - Close to few restaurants with good food and normal price. - Also you can find few supermarkets near to the hotel and souvenir shops.

• Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

Very basic No lift from street to bring up suitcases one floor (checked in before found it) Needs serious update

Location near railway station Could walk to some places of interest

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Rooms were not cosy, no AC at all, no tiolet paper charges extra for attach washroom. wastage of money. Blankets were too old and too messy . I even didn’t use it. One soap for two people. Confirm early check in but later on they deny it. If u want to keep ur baggage before check in u need to pay for that as well. Wifi is also paid .

Only it’s location.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

To leave the key when I left my room. Nobody noticed me that I need to pay taxes for stay (6 eur per night and cash only! ).

it was clean. OK view through window.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Queen bed = two smaller mattresses side by side in queen frame. Inability to communicate in preparation for trip (in English, which is all I speak of course)

Great location near central train station. When originally booking in advance, there was an issue - tried contacting the hotel, unable to secure the original price (substantially cheaper) and had to pay more as it was approaching the desired date of arrival - we were compensated with a private bathroom once we arrived due to the above circumstance (versus shared bathroom). That was pretty awesome of the hotel. Side note, queen bed really means two smaller mattresses side by side, in a queen bed frame! To all my fellow big spoons out there, you will fall in the middle crack between the mattresses. I would recommend this location to anyone traveling on a budget though, which we were!

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The room is too small with fan not working. The door is too noisy when opened and closed. Same goes to the other rooms' doors. WIFI is not free.

The hotel is quite close to the tourist attraction places like The Colloseum and Trevi Fountain.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Absolutely horrible.. it was like a horror film. Nothing like the pictures. The room was different and far older and very dirty. We only stayed for few hours due to our late arrival and early departure. it is a place for one night stand with prostitutes, for poor people. the place stinks so bad. it was so scary that we slept with the lights on and wearing all our clothes, not to touch the dirty sheets.I really dont want to talk about the check in. so unorganised. we were waiting for half hour in front of the empty front desc with an illiterate receptionist trying to check us in to our prepaid room. Never again. Avoid it.

Anything

there was a problem with the hot water on check in... it was too hot to use. never had THAT happen before, assuming it was a fluke...

Great location for connections at Termini Train Station... On the maim street next to Termini. Safe, well lit, restaurants, coffee bars, etc close by

Where to begin...the daytime guy at the desk was rude, no matter the time you caught him. You had to turn your keys into the desk when you left and had to pay extra for safe usage. This made the place feel shady and I didn't feel safe leaving my belongings. The floors were dirty when we came in. The hairdryer was broken, as well as the faucet to the sink. There was paint chipping and water damage around the toilet. The breakfast isn't at this hotel, it is at a hotel down the street. Also there were bugs we had to share a room with.

The nighttime guy at the desk was nice.

There was a shared bathroom close to my room, which you could hear the doors open and close untill late at night. I had earplugs, so not the biggest issue in the world. Would stay again, besides this :)

Very central location, had all the basics I required and was within my budget. Breakfast was good as well, which included hot items of food as well :)

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Expensive for what it offers: If you want WiFi, you have to pay an extra fee; if you want them to keep your luggage after the check-out, you have to pay an extra fee. No towels on the room; the cleanliness of the room is dubious, the furniture is old and falling into pieces. Noisy. Not coming back.

Location - close to Roma-Termini station and Metro. Staff - friendly people.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

It was not very clean. I lost something and looked under the bed and it looked like no one cleaned it in months. The toilet was clean, though.

It is very close to the station and has 24h reception. It's cheap, so it's good if you are just spending 1-2 nights, especially if you arrive late.

Overall the hotel facilities were very good. The only thing that somehow bothered me, were the old wooden doors that we smashed by the tourists all the time, even at night! Otherwise, I cannot complain, the room was large, the bed comfortable and the bathroom very clean!

The hotel is situated in a very central location, a few metres away from Rome's main railway and metro station. Mr Luigi the reception manager was a very helpful and polite person! I got at the hotel at around 1100hrs and he offered the room straight away although check-in was at 1300hrs! Really great!

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The rooms advertised are not like that in reality. Hotel Marsala is not a place to be recommended for lodging when you decide to visit Rome for leisure. The room is very chilled and the bed is not comfortable. Wifi is not free. The bath I had to use were not in good conditions. The toilets were not clean and the bathroom had a terrible smell.

The hotel was close to the main transport station so that made movement easier.

You have to pay for WiFi connection 4-5€/day!!! TV is also paid (you get the remote control once you pay) - I guess this should be a standard and has to be free of charge!!! + upon your arrival you are charged with City but that´s a standard /just take into consideration when counting your budget/. My room had private bathroom but the shared bathroom for other rooms on our floor was next to my room. When guests used this shared bathroom they were banging the doors late at night/early morning and it always woke me up (therefore I slept with my headphones on). Not really good hotel surrounding - but it is due to its location - Central train station Roma Termini. Am not sure if this hotel is really save place to stay for woman alone (due to its location). Room was equipped with old furniture. Private bathroom was new.

Breakfast is served in the next hotel Stromboli - and was great, especially the staff working there :-) The reception is on the 1st floor. Close to Termini Station - excellent location.

We had to pay for Wifi and this was not written in information before booking the hotel. Also we had to pay city tax which was included in booking before and we had to pay twice. Room was not clean. The only good thing was location. Staff is unfriendly.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The extra city task and wifi charges.

It was cheap, not glamorous but in a great location. Staff was friendly and helpful. As the expression goes "You get what you pay for and this was the case." For those passing through I would recommend.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

the bathroom on our side of the rooms was really old and kind of smelly.

I really liked the location of hotel, because is near everything, most importantly near the bus and metro station. It is easy to find. And you have buss transfers to airports regullary

The staff seemed rushed and a bit cold upon arrival, just like the room which was freezing. Breakfast was of course included, but we had to go to a different location. The whole establishment could use an update as well as the towels.

Location was perfect for a short trip, right by the train station. The staff immediately met any requests. Clean bathroom and linens and a coupon for a great pizzeria close by.

The hotel is not very soundproof and unfortunately there was noise from the street outside (this is unavoidable and adds to the atmosphere of staying in a different city anyway), however there was also a lot of other noise from hotel guests. A lot of travelers stay there (it has hostel style dorms) and unfortunately they were quite rude and noisy - this was not the hotel's fault.

For a basic hotel it was fine, and the room was cleaned, bed made and towels changed every day which was unexpected for the price and much appreciated! The hotel is in a really excellent location, just a minute's walk from Termini station.

Everything here is terrible and horrible! Staffs here are providing bad service, showing bad attitude and the rooms here are seriously old and dirty. It looks like an abandoned building!

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The room was really cold in the night. Besides it was dirty everywhere..also in the bathroom. The hotel is very old, it is not the same just like on the pictures!!!

Actually nothing..

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The lift, its complicated to go from ground floor. You have to go on foot the first time.

The fact that although on line I booked for a shared bathroom for a little extra we were given a room with a bath.

They initially gave us an invoice for a breakfast buffet, they make it look mandatory, but at the end after insisting from our side, they remove it and didn't charge it.

Weird smell in the toilet. Lift is not suitable for the stroller. Double bed had two single mattresses which was separating in between all the time because we was sleeping three on one bed.

Location was great, just next to the main bus, metro and train station. All tour busses was going from there. Staff very nice and friendly, ready to help you 24 hours.

Old infrastructure (bath & room) and tv dont work properly, no free wifi without advisiing on tge web that needs to be paid.

Location near to the station and CBD

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

I have to leave my room to go to the bathroom or if I want to take a shower, the older staff were not friendly or very helpful, but a young guy from the night shift was the only thing with a big big positive note!

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Walls did nothing to block the sounds of traffic outside, at one point I heard two people arguing outside my window, followed by what sounded like a cry of pain. Exposed wiring. The only person who could give me specific directions to find the place immediately offered to sell me drugs.

Staff were very helpful.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

It's hard to even put in words that impression that we've got after entering the room. I said - Oh my God this is a jail. A cell. This is my punishment for this whole year and I guess I've been REALLY bad. It was completely dark, stinky (that smell in some old cat-lady apartment), DIRTY - in a way where you can actually see the whole doors and furniture being full of OLD dust, the exact situation is in my basement but yeah - it's a basement. It was NOTHING like the pictures from the internet and our room is nothing like the room that I chose online. Anyway, we tried to switch on a light but the mechanism was so old that we barely figured it out after some time - it looked like something that might kill you if you press the wrong button. I also tried to turn on a TV (it was so awkward and unpleasant in the room that we really needed that TV) but yeah, I couldn't figure out how to turn it on so I went downstairs to ask a receptionist for help. I guess it was Luigi who started explaining nervously and describing all the buttons on the TV, yelling "DO YOU HAVE A REMOTE?!" Maybe he is just an italian, a real example of a loud italian receptionist Luigi, but for me, it was rude to treat a guest like that. The bathroom is shared (some rooms may have separate bathroom, but that also might be just a trick to book a room). Shared bathroom was not a problem actually, the bathroom was decent looking, clean and with nice, hot water for a long shower. Also, when we first came for a check in, Luigi told us to pay "city taxes" and also recomended a breakfast for 61 euros/2 persons/3 days - since there isn't enough space in Marsala for a dining room, the breakfast is served in some other hotel across the street.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The photos shown on the site and room provided there's a big difference and even no security at all. Washroom was not clean

There nothing to like at all. Very bad experience at all.

No free Wifi available in the hotel. The bed was not so comfortable.

The location was great. Close to main train station and walking distance from major tourist sites.

• Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

Everything , it wasn’t clean , the beds were a bit destroyed , it was freezing inside the room , the shared bathroom was disgusting , the reception guy were a bit mean to us and we don’t know why , we got robbed inside the hotel and no one cared even the manager of the hotel didn’t call us to know what happened , there is no security , the cameras are off , they don’t work , so if anyone gets robbed it’s the end for him , honestly I won’t got there again .

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

There are no towels, one should pay for them.

The location is perfect, about 3-4 minutes from Termini. And the bathroom was clean although it was common. The receptionists are very helpful, and the reception is opened 24 hours.

we need to check out at 11AM. we have requested until 12NN since we checked in the other day at 6PM but they didn’t consider 😢

it is close to termini station and it is accessible to the places where u want to go like restos, souvenir shops & tourist spots. i would definitely recommend 😍

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

took our key off of us every time we left the room which made us paranoid about our belongings. would not give us extra blankets to line the beds with for comfort because the beds were that uncomfortable. The lounge was so dark and depressing. there was church bells going off outside the room every 15 minutes which i would of liked to know about.

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Poorly organised: Lack of communication between staff NOISY (You can hear other guests talking and slamming doors. Two sleepless nights) Very basic

Clean and well located

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

I did oversight that wifi is not included and it was an extra. So I paid extra for their wifi service at the property, but they allowed to connect only one device at same time. It was very inconvenient as I have a couple devices for my work and privately...

The Location is just front of the Termini Station, and easy to find the hotel and reasonable price.

- Room was smelly especially the toilet it just had a funny wrenching smell of stale urine. - no duvet but dirty old blanket and room was cold - out of date fridge which didn't work and safe which was broken - Telephone in room which doesn't work - Breakfast was atrocious just bad - Reception staff (especially the gentlemen) were just not welcoming at all couldn't be bothered unless you spoke the Lingo - Wifi expensive - Ants everywhere

Location of hotel is just perfect

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The staff was never attentive to our traveling needs and money was always the main issue for them in the worst way possible. Service was always given with no curtesy and pleasentness. All in all the price was not worth the experiance, we had a few more day left in rome and we decided to switch hotels just to leave that place.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

It was verytragical living conditions and it reminded us some of that places which is usually taken for hours not the hole night. Haha. But of course it is cheap stay if you are in emergency as we were!

The Charge of 3 euros per Hour for Wi Fi on each Item Laptop or Partners Phone.

Very close to the Rome Central Train Station and Inexpensive, Staff Friendly enough and let me into the Room early.

1.Steps to reception 2. Walls in rooms dirty with marks 3. No English speaking channel on free TV and no user pays English speaking movies 4. No internet cafe

1. Location 2. Size of room 3.Price

• Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

This place was a nightmare! Front desk staff surly and really don't want to assist; small white linen tea towels were in room in lieu of bath towels and when I requested proper towels I was told 2 Euro/person/day!!! We had to share a bathroom with 3 other rooms (its in the very fine print); beds very uncomfortable. Shared bathroom not especially clean. Must pay for wifi.

The only good thing about Hotel Marsala was it proximity to the central Rome rail station. Nothing else was good - nothing

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Paid cheaper price but single room bad and very bad... Has check out immediately without refund to stay another hotel because it is pay before arrive... This is the bad hotel in Rome I stay 10times near around Roma Termini.

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Badly lit dodgy location; would not advise a lone woman to go there unless taken direct by taxi. Pretty noisy all night; which was a mix of locals and other occupants of premises. No staff on site at all times (my impression) promised internet non existent. Large mastiff type dog came running out of the gloom barking once I was inside the gated area. I knew what to do, others might not have. Once it knew you the dog was ok, but you shouldn't have to deal with that in the dark unawares; this is really not acceptable from the people who run this place.

The room itself was tidy

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

you literally hear everything everyone is doing on your floor because the walls and doors a so thin, and the check in took AGES because the guy doing it was half asleep

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Don’t have toalet inside the room, I was pay more 40 euros for change the room. Don’t have any information about this in the site

The staff is very nice, and location is ol

Staff who speaks Italian( old guy ) is not so accomodating. Wifi are being paid per phone used Breakfast is very disappointing. They call it buffet but they only have coffee and 3 choices of bread. Fruits they have like the pineapple it’s not even appealing to eat, very dry and not yet ripe. They need to do a lot of improvement in their hotel. If not only because of the location, nobody will book Hotel Marsala.

The location from the train is what i like most to this hotel but other than that, No good experience

Cleaning was poorly done as there were trash on the floor. The room came with bathroom but the shower didn't function before we asked maintaince to fix it, also the toilet was pretty lousy. Staff was not that friendly but atleast the reseption was 24h.

Location and reasonable prize.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Not the most beautiful place to stay. It is good for quick stop but would not describe it as luxury.

It is a good budget option and has a 24 hour reception.

Some of the staff were not so "friendly/warm in their welcome"...

The Location is EXCELLENT! Right behind the Termini Station! All of Rome is within Walking distance. Given that it is so central, we got rooms on the top floor and so were away from the "street noise". There is a lovely old church very Close however...so you will hear the bells. But it was all part of the City-Centre-Feeling!

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The staff were miserable, you could not take the lift to the reception, the share bathroom was in a rough state as was the room. The beds were uncomfortable, the net curtains looked like they have not been washed for years. The hotel needs a lot of work to be done. Wi fi was not free and you were charged for luggage storage

The location was near a lot of restaurants and shops and near the bus and train terminal

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Not the best hotel in the world. Shared bathrooms between 5 rooms and poor facilities. They did not provide towels. But it was very cheap for central Rome.

Water in the shower was nice and hot though. Room had nice ceiling fan for air conditioning. Staff were generally helpful.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

I had to pay for wifi. The tap dripped all night and couldn't be stopped, no A/C in rooms only 20 year old fans so windows had to be opened because it felt like a sauna which in turn meant you're room became a pit of fumes from busy the roadway below. The man at the front desk isn't he friendliest.

Closeness to termini is this place only perk. You get what you pay for and even then I think I paid too much. This place is only for a short stop over in Rome or you're travelling on a budget.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The staff was rude and the facilities were pretty old. We paid for a private bathroom and breakfast but when we got there they told us (in a very rude way) that we had to pay extra if we wanted a private bathroom and also for breakfast. Plus they charge for wifi! 5 euros per person!!! We ended up paying 36 extra euros. Oh and the next day we decided not to have breakfast there and they wouldnt give us a refund. I was afraid to ask also because the staff was rude. I would never reccomend this hotel.

The location.

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

the worst hotel I can ever imagine. old room with damaged bed, damaged fan control panel, water in the shower is not able to adjust the temperature, loudly noise from the opening and closing movement of the door from other room, heavy antiseptic smell, unfriendly receptors, have to pay 5 euro for wifi. come one, even a cheap hostel is way better than this one

The hotel is the noisiest I've ever stayed in. All the doors slam and I could hear what people in neighbouring rooms were saying. The bed was very uncomfortable. Unfortunately I didn't get much sleep here. The do not disturb sign on my door was unfortunately ignored

Location was extremely convenient. Staff were very helpful at times, unfriendly at times

the staff are not quite friendly and the lift are closed during night. they also in somehow forced me to have breakfast which is not in there hotel but in the hotel near to them

good location near to the train station and other transportation

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Real peace of carbige. The personal is incompetent. The rooms are old and dirty, the one bathroom was really small and smell a lot. You have to pay for the WiFi(only place in Italy, maybe) and they don't give you bath towels. Really, really odd place.

The only thing that is plus, that is close to the Main Station.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Sometimes noisy; one of the shared bathroom was closed.

Great location just outside the east entrance to termini. Friendly staff speaks great English. Walking distance to restaurant district north of termini near repubblica.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

very rude staff, very unclean hotel, rooms were unclean and washroom was terrible. It took me 1 hour to checkin at hotel so i have to stand for 1 hour at reception. not recommended at all.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Beware of fraudulent staff!!! I strongly recommend to be really cautious when paying the city tax at the hotel’s counter. They charged me 14 Euros more than I was supposed to pay and gave me an invalid receipt (with wrong date and amount). Unfortunately, I didn’t check that and thrown the receipt away. Later, I realized I was deceived but I don't have a proof of this fraud.

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

They charge €2 for a towel. There was no tv remote and the tv wouldn’t turn on. The door to the shared shower was simply missing, making water get all over the floor. The bed was basically just springs. The fridge leaked water out onto the floor each time it was opened. There’s no do not disturb sign for the doors. The doors are old and slam very loudly across the hall.

The room did have a good fan, fridge and sink inside.

The staff are unfriendly maybe because of the language barrier or its their attitude. Elevator from the ground floor is not readily accessible specially if you have large heavy luggages. You need to carry it up to the first floor where to reception is located. Buffet food tasted very bland and with limited choices only. Everything you need to pay for like internet access and even the storage of luggages they asked for a fee!

The location is near the train station..

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

I didnt like everything in this place, not clean the reception wasn't nice and friendly. Sometimes its better to pay 20$ plus and be in a better place.

Close to termini station

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

we weren't allowed to buy and get our own Food to leave it in the fridge, so we were obligated to buy Food from the Reception.

The location was perfect and very close to the Tourist spots.

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

1-the photo shown in the website not mach with the true. 2-reception not helper. 3-fridge not working. 4-WiFi not free and you have to pay for it. 5-the location it's very Noises how ever from the car or public and the warning alarm working many times while i am sleeping.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

•no air conditioning (we stayed during a heatwave) •no free wifi • no free TV channels • slamming doors

Very good location- right beside main train station and walking distance from most major landmarks. Fridge provided was useful. Loved the ceiling fan.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The temperature inside the room is very very hot. It's almost impossible to sleep, be careful if you're booking this hotel on summer. The bathroom is very dirty, smells bad.

The location ia great and the hotel os very cheap. There is a elevator ( I have stayed in a lot of cheap hotels that don't). Despite this it was a really bad experience.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Just one fan so in August we were just melted in the room, sweating like never... we didn't like the noise of the bell which rings at 7am and were so disappointed by the staff, so unfriendly and who tried to make us pay extra fees we didn't ask for (be careful, check what you asked because they will try to make you pay the breakfast). Personnel non aimable, qui essaie de vous faire payer le petit déjeuner que nous n'avions pas demandé.

The location was perfect, 3 min to Termini train station. We stayed 2 nights with a friend: we liked the fridge in the big room, the King size bed and the cleanliness of the bathroom. Super localisation, 3 min de marche de la gare; grande chambre et frigo.

Browse Hotel Marsala traveller photo gallery