Reviews of Hotel Mec 3 stars

Via Tito Livio 4, P. Vittoria, 20137 Milan, Italy

#281 of 424 hotels in Milan

Poor Service, Very basic, Poor Location - Poor Value

Very poor customer service from the 2 men behind reception. Their whole attitude was poor and unwelcoming. I was travelling with my 2 year old who is disabled, doesn’t walk and requires further support so is in a supportive pram/wheelchair - I advised this before the stay. We were staying as my son needed to attend the hospital for tests as he is on a drugs trial and we shall be gong back and forth for the next 2 years. I was told there was a lift which was fine, however there are steps to reception and further steps to access the lift. The room rate appeared to be higher than I had booked through booking.com. I was given my room key and made my way up the steps to the lift and on opening the door to the bedroom I realised I couldn’t fit the pram through the door as it was too narrow. Then glanced up to see the room wasn’t ready- beer bottles on the side and bed not made. I had to make my way back down and was given no apology, just told check in is not til 3pm. This was approx 2.30pm but I was asked when booking what time I would arrive and suggested approx 1.30pm so I hadn’t really turned up unexpectedly! Then I was given a different room and made my way to it and just about managed to fit the pram in if I lifted it one side. The room was ok, old fashioned but fine. We popped out for dinner later, the area was not great, graffiti on walls, a couple of people begging/homeless but we got back safely. On return, I asked where breakfast was to the older of the two men on reception, he replied floor 1 . I explained that my son had a blood test in the morning and couldn’t actually eat anything before. I asked would it be ok in the morning if we grabbed a couple of things eg banana/pastries and take it with us so he could have after the test. He said “we will have to see in the morning”. I asked him why? He said “my colleague will confirm in the morning”. I paid extra for breakfast but he claimed it was more for room upgrade,breakfast is optional service!

The hotel is close to a tram station which goes to...

In 3 out of 7 days, the WiFi didn’t work which was super annoying The location is not so close to the center and with tram or metro it takes 20-30 minutes to cathedral The bed was very small for one person and the blanket was without any attached sheet in a closet and you could use it only over the sheet

The hotel is close to a tram station which goes to interesting parts of the city. It was very clean and the staf were friendly

Very comfortable and amazing stay!

The staff was extremely kind and professional, hotel room and facilities were clean and comfortable, we had breakfast included and it was good and had a good variety of choices but it was just all sweet, it would miss a bit of salty choice. There is also a very nice back garden where is possible to relax. The area is well connected with the rest of the city. Absolutely reccomend a stay!

Great distances from train, tram and bus.

My door was tricky to open. But staff helped.

Great distances from train, tram and bus. Friendly staff. Good price. Supermarket and food places near by.

Good price/quality

There were no problems. It's exactly what you expect in this price range in Milan.

It is good value for money: you get a clean room, decent breakfast, location close to the metro and the tram. Overall, if you don't need anything fancy and want to spend the day outside, it's an option worth considering.

Great city of Milan, disappointing hotel

Room not ready upon arrival ; Room not cleaned after the first night ; Wrong transport info at reception!

I had high hopes about this hotel and booked it based on some of the positive reviews I saw online. But I was a bit disappointed to say the least. We got at the hotel at around 12:30pm and were informed that room was not ready, reason being late check out by previous tourists cz it's Sunday. I find that a lame excuse but whatever. Good thing there was a restaurant across the street for a quick lunch and the room was ready by the time we came back. Unfortunately the next day after being out for the day we return around 4pm and found out the room had not been cleaned!!! We informed reception and were just told to wait in reception area till they clean it. What the reception didn't figure out is that I heard him call the cleaning lady at home to come and do it immediately and the same cleaning lady complaining how the hell can one forget to clean a room; and though I'm not Italian, I can understand the language very well (cz they didn't even bother to give us any explanation). Well the cleaning was done in 10mins so I'll leave it up to the imagination of whoever is reading this as to what kind of cleaning it was; at least we got fresh towels cz I had asked for them. Another downer was the info I got from reception about public transport to the city centre. He told us a lot of crap which didn't make any sense. The only one good thing he said was from where to get public transport tickets which is a little shop a 3 min walk from the hotel owned by a Chinese couple from where I got all the info I needed, very correct info. As for location the hotel is far away from the city centre if you opt to go by foot but public transport is just around the corner, so it's very convenient and quiet cheap. (€1.50 per trip be it bus, tram ect) Within walking distance of the hotel there are many restaurants for dinner and the ones we tried were good and recommendable. Breakfast at hotel was ok but nothing to boast about.

Mec is located at 8 minutes walk or two tram stops (tram 92)...

Mec is located at 8 minutes walk or two tram stops (tram 92) from the Lodi underground station (yellow line), and it easily reachable also if you have trolleys as pavements in that area are flat and wide. Staff are welcoming and friendly. The hotel has 2 new elevators and the room I was given was very clean (hard floor, not carpet on the floor), with brand new bathroom facilities. The shower was warm and with wide shower head, bathroom very clean, mattrass super comfortable. Breakfast was good with friendly staff. Just in front of the hotel there is a small restaurant with rice (typical Milanese food), meat, fish and pizzas baked in a real oven. I will certainly go back to Mec hotel if I am in Milan.

We spent three nights here on a holiday trip and it was a...

The room was a little bit smaller than expected.

We spent three nights here on a holiday trip and it was a pleasant experience! The hotel is 10 min away from the subway station (4 stations to the Dom), so you can easily reach the center of Milan. Nearby you can find a well-stocked Supermarket with a large range of products (fruits, pastry products, water etc.). We got a quiet room on the 3rd floor at the back of the hotel, which was great! The staff was very polite and helpful! Other positive remarks: -very good WiFi connection -rooms daily cleaned -just near the hotel it is a pub/restaurant (Kofler Birrerie) where you can have a drink or eat.

If I have a choice, I will not stay here the next time I'm there for business trip.

The room's floor doesn't feel like it's been washed. It's a little sticky at times, I have to wear slippers in and out of bathroom. I believe double bed rooms are nicer than single bed room.

The bathroom is clean.

Good

The reception was not working 24H. I had to wait for the reception to start working at 07:00 o'clock in the morning just to make the check out eventhough I had my train waiting in 7:30!

Large rooms, cleanlines, and also the transport to the city was about 20 minutes by bus

it was a very good hôtel, not expensive, 13minutes to...

it was a very good hôtel, not expensive, 13minutes to cathédral by tram, specially clean hôtel nice personnel and good breackfast, you have a lot of choices but ofcorse i like more the coffe ;).. and also its was a safe parking just next door

The room was very good.

The mini bar was quite empty. If in the room there would be a kettle, it would be perfect.

The room was very good. I have booked the room for 1 person, so the bed was also only for one. But still it was very comfortable :) very cozy. The bathroom was very clean and good equipped. ;)

They forced me to have money on the card until the day of...

They forced me to have money on the card until the day of our arrival, but wouldn ’t accept to finalize the online payment,through the card provided for the booking. Basically, you can’t avoid the comission costs(from another country) because you must pay on the exact moment of your arrival either with card, or cash(but with that amount of money blocked on that card, or wasting a lot of money for the international transactions comissions when withdrawing them). Also, way too far from city center. I don’t recommend!

a good breakfast as wake up

Maybe I was very unlucky but my room was completely close to the breakfast room, so punctually I have been woken up at 7 AM by the Coffee machine. The hotel is renewing, there are some works on-going just now, but I have had no annoyance by them. The gym is open 24h, it is a sort of projection room, used to fitness center, with a treadmill, a cyclette, some gym weights, and equipments

Breakfast was really good, a lot of possibilities with Spelled and wholemeal biscuits, croissants, and some salad foods, such as eggs, wurstel, ham and cheese. The location is close to Porta Romana and there are several restaurants, pubs and supermarkets (a pub is open until late, even for have dinner)

clean, comfortable.

The area is quite far from city. take about 15-20minutes to reach Duomo.

clean, comfortable. worth the money. nice bathroom. the staff is very helpful. The tram is right in front of the hotel even the location is quite far from city, but it's also convenience to take tram and go to city. The breakfast is plain, but ok.

Practical and honest

I don´t have fine memories about the breakfast, but it was decent.

I had to find a decent hotel in Milano from one day to another and I felt very satisfied with Mec. It is a kind of vintage traditional style hotel, located a bit far from downtown but extremely practical and clean. I had a pleasant walk from the hotel to downtown, but there are good links by tram, bus or metro. Although being in a residential area, there was a huge supermarket and some restaurants in the surroundings.

It was decent.

They were having renovation construction during our stay and we should had been notified about it before the arrival. My wife has asma and she literally was not able to sleep well for 3 nights. Construction staff was loud and worked from 9 AM until 7 PM.

Location is great! Extremely easy access to public transportation.

Was given a double bed, the breakfast and its staff were...

Cold decent room for the price. Definitely not in the city center. Complicated and not user-friendly access to the wifi, not the most helpful and serving reception staff, extra unknown charges and the airport shuttle had to be booked well in advance for 90 euros as opposed to 20 euros (airport bus + taxi).

Was given a double bed, the breakfast and its staff were nice.

Bad choice.

The internet is very bad, the staff don't know nothing about the neighborhood.. they don't give you the complete or total right information

Is clean.

clean comfortable but small room

the single room has a tiny single bed and the room is a bit too narrow, it is good for a short stay.

the bathroom was modern and big enough for a single room, the room was clean and comfortable.

Was ok but I wouldn't go for that hotel again.

Rooms were REALLY small. Beds are even smaller and are extremely uncomfortable.

Rooms were cleaned every morning. Food was good and staff were freindly. Hotel's location is pretty good and is walking distance from a grocery store, mall, several restaurants and the metro.

Friendly, welcoming staff, great location and reasonably priced. A good intro to Milan for me.

Pillows a bit hard but that is a minor point.

Room was large and comfortable. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Location was great, really good for transport. Breakfast was good, lots of choice. I would stay here again. Restaurant recommended by the hotel and just across the road was extremely good.

Not too far from the city with bus and tram stop just...

First floor rooms are a bit noisy in the morning as the restaurant is at the same floor. That's it!

Not too far from the city with bus and tram stop just outside the hotel (24h public transportation costs €4.50). Very good value for money. Friendly and helpful staff

Clean and nice staff. You need to use the tram to exp!ore the city.

Bed not bad for a single but not as comfortable as a double. Area a bit further out from shops etc. I would have found a kettle very useful.

Very clean, hot shower, easy to reach the centre by tram. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Awesome.

The staff are very friendly. There was a young man at the reception I think the son of the manager who made my life easy by helping me book train tickets across the country. He was very very professional. Location is perfect. Near public transport and restaurants

The staffs are really friendly and funny.

The staffs are really friendly and funny. They helped us a lot. And this hotel is close to a big supermarket and the public transportation to the city centre is very convenient.

Not expensive place, OK for a minimalistic travellers

The room was small. The carpet on the floor and furniture were quite old. Breakfast was OK, but a bit minimalistic. Pillow was thin.

Good location - 10 min. to Lodi TIBB metro station by walk. Lodi is just a few stops from Duomo stop. Conditioner in the room. Personnel allowed to check out 2 hours later. Got a room for 50€.

Housekeepers should be fired, besides that was really nice.

Drink Glasses was cleaned with some old rag. You can find a lot of litlle hairs on it. And overall a lot of dust. Conclusion hotel its really OK but housekeepers are lazy.

Location, people at recepcion really nice and helpfull. 24h checkin

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

clean

Disappointed one member of staff said that we had a breakfast included and paid for when we went to check out this wasn't the case and we were charged for the breakfast of leaving, also be prepared for city tax on leaving 8 euro a night an extra cost you might have forgotten about.

clean

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

All you need for pleasant stay

Aircon didn't seem to work very well.

Comfortable bed and decent facilities. Clean rooms and friendly staff - helped us print our boarding passes for our next flight. Metro 500m away, easy travel to Duomo and Central Station.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

Not good not bad - nothing special

- Noise of the tram who rolls just in front of the hotel - no shower curtain - Room very warm, I had to sleep with open window even though there is the noise of the tram

- Tram and bus station to the city center next to the hotel (underground station a little far away: 800m according to google) - Wifi

Basic good value for money hotel in good location

Hotel is basic but good value for money. We were able to park on the street right outside the hotel. Hotel staff on check in were excellent helping us with parking, directing us to the meter etc. Had a meal at Solo pizza which is a block away and full of locals and great pizza - highly recommend a visit. Good location & Less than 15 minute drive to Linate airport which was a bonus

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

- on site garage for a reasonable Price, €21 per day

- breakfast sparse - currently refurbishing; noise starts at 9am

- on site garage for a reasonable Price, €21 per day - value for monay was allright for Milan

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

Very basic Hotel wouldn't return

The Hotel was installing a second lift and the receptionist couldn't understand that using a jackhammer while guests are relaxing in the room was unacceptable.

Breakfast was OK.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

Ok for 1 night, but increasdibly small parking.

Night manager spoke very little English. Parking space are not big enough ( spent 35 mins trying to fit in a car, and get out of it), also easy to get lost while going from parking back to the hotel. A mirror in the room was dirty. Shower needed repairs.

The situation of the hotel was not bad.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Brilliant

If you dont mind walking the train station is a good 10mins walk away which might put some people off. We enjoyed having to pass the supermarket on the way so it was very handy .

This place was excellent value. Air conditioned rooms were exactly what we needed and it was in a very quiet area. We had breakfast super early so it wasn't busy but the room is not very large. It was great to get a fresh coffee made for us too. The staff were also amazing!

Great location, 10 minutes walk from a metro station.

Great location, 10 minutes walk from a metro station. Right next door is a German pub and around the corner is also a cafe and bakery too.

Will be back for sure

Perfect.

Vegetables at the breakfast

Vegetables at the breakfast

Spirit

Spirit

Old hotel, stay here only as a last resort

Very small rooms, bed uncomfortable, cigarette smoke coming into room at 2am was really not appreciated.

Good breakfast

Ok

The lobby is a bit dark and the breakfast area outdated.

Comfortable bed.

Good stay

Clean

Location is no where facilities are not good beds are very uncomfortable night rate was too too much

Location facilities comfort beds attitude everything

No free parking and expensive for the quality.

No free parking and expensive for the quality.

Best to be a male or traveling with a male to stay here

The area it was in

The room was very small but clean. It has the smallest shower stall I have ever seen or used.

Chip off the old block. Recommended.

Maybe more choice in breakfast, but I was happy.

Nice old fashioned hotel with good staff.

It' was so Italian

No Airco like other hotels in Italy. The Gym was in renovation.

Nice location, nearby Metro, bus/tram, big supermarket.

Big thumbs up to the guy which done the check in.

Big thumbs up to the guy which done the check in. Super friendly and helpful

Confortable price even high season as MCE fair.

Thin wall may bother delicate people.

Enough clean, good access. serious & kind staff.

There was never alcohol in the minibar.

There was never alcohol in the minibar. Also, the toiletries (soap, shampoo) are very cheap.

The location is far from city centre and major tourist sights

The location is far from city centre and major tourist sights

The room was not as spacious as presented in the ad

Small room, heating was not adequate and inoperable tv.

A good place to stay for short time

Small room, no free one bottle of water

Clean

Clean, good area.

Clean, good area. Good value for money!

Typical italian 3* with very friendly staff

Overpriced because of a big touristic fair (BIT) in this time.

Very nice staff, good Service. Rooms are in renovation, so ask for a renovated room.

Lovely and friendly

The young receptionist 😉

Good location of a nice hotel

should be more modern and breakfast included for the price we paid

Location and clean

Would stay there again

The wifi login can only be used on one device ( my partner and l were given two logins. This meant we could only connect 2 devices.

Good

Internet connection was poor.

Very good!

Very helpful people at the reception; Comfortable bathroom.

Good stay

Not so appealing from the outside.

It was clean, the staff were friendly enough, comfortable.

Breakfast,

Breakfast,

Hotel Mec Milan

Unsmiling receptionists

Clean Nice location Near a supermarket

Wifi and front desk was good.

staff at breakfast was extremely rude and made me feel uncomfortable. Also it was really noisy

Wifi and front desk was good.

Would recommend it, ok location nice and clean good breakfast and nice staff.

It was clean, breakfast was good ok location.

everything is good

everything is good and the staff is very friendly

stuff is very friendly

very small room

stuff is very friendly

Hotel Mec's location can easily be reached by tram of bus.

Late check-out would have been great considering I stayed for 15 days.

The rooms were cleaned very well by its staff.

Value for money

Value for money

Exactly what we needed that day.

The blanket was shabby i had tomtake it off. The rest excelente

Rest and breakfast

location is ok.

It's not very clean, problems with the door, dirty bathroom.

location is ok.

Great place to stay.

the location was slightly frustrating to get to. but this was not a big issue

The breakfast and the staff were friendly and accommodating.

It was comfortable

No parking, elevators

It was comfortable

Good !

The room door was hard to open

The staff is very nice