Reviews of Mediterranea Hotel & Convention Center 4 stars

Via Generale Clark, 54, 84100 Salerno, Italy

#11 of 13 hotels in Salerno

Great for overnight stays

Very busy with conventions/business conferences but then the name gives the game away! Location isn’t great but again this is not a holiday hotel. Car park is extremely small. You have to park like an Italian!!

Not a holiday hotel but your typical business hotel. Rooms were nice and big and clean if a little dated and in need of a little TLC. Recommend for stop overs Restaurant was excellent.

The room was comfortable and the cleaner was very nice.

The room was comfortable and the cleaner was very nice. Bad bad bad very bad staff at the reception. Being stared as if they haven’t seen black people in their life before. The staff should learn more English since it an international hotel!!

Not a place for vegetarians
    • Queen Suite with Spa Bath

Most staff did not speak good English, there was nothing worthwhile seeing around the hotel, horrible breakfast

Comfy bed, nice views, great cleaning staff

Bug bites after staying here!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

It was unclean and smelled like cigarettes. I have some sort of bug bites on my arms and legs after my stay. Not sure if it was from the bed or sofa but it is incredibly concerning and itchy. I would not recommend you stay here. The fridge stopped working in the night and a brown substance began leaking from the kitchenette overnight aswell.

Disappointing hotel management during low season

I find it inexcusable to organise a LOUD hotel exterior repairment in the hours of 22:00 - 02:30 next and by so many guests windows! Lucky for you, I did not call the police as it was my right due to loud night time disturbances in the neighbourhood, caused by the hotel STAFF who arranged the repairment and didn't warn any guest about this, plus I paid the full price to NOT sleep at night? Nothing will justify this experience. Hotel is for a restful night, and if you cannot fix the building during the day when nobody is there to rest, then give me a room for free, the least!

It was OK, except for the staff

The staff was awful. I am a receptionist myself and I know a smile can go a long way. At the check in they were talking amongst themselves and we were just there, waiting. Anytime we had a question it was like they were doing us a favour and answered very abruptly. They gave us a paper to sign and we had no idea what it was as they did not explain and it was written in Italian.

It was quiet, ac was great. It was very clean. Breakfast was OK. Parking was good.

In fact it was an appartament in another building , not a...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

In fact it was an appartament in another building , not a room hotel, and maybe that was the reason. We booked a room hotel, but something was heappend, maybe because were late in the night.

Good value for money...would recommend if on a budget
    • Standard Double

Breakfast buffet didn't have variety (plus they make the omelette with potatos and/or other vegetables that make it very strange and not edible for some people). The room was obviously refurbished but they didn't do the job properly.

Very good value for money. The cleanliness was just fine for a hotel of this type and price range. The local roads were also easily accessible.

1 night in Salerno! Great hotel for the price you pay!
    • Standard Double

The only dislike I have is location. Not many restaurants in the area.

The staff was friendly and prompt. The restaurant on the top floor was very nice for an after dinner drink. There is easy onsite parking. The beds were comfortable. We had a little patio. There is a pizzeria just across the street, they may open at 19:30 for dinner.

Don't expect the apartments to be like the pictures of the hotel rooms
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The apartment was nothing like the pictures. There are nice rooms in the hotel part of the building. However the apartments are in a separate building at the back of the property, there are NO pictures of these apartments on booking.com. They are very basic. Location is bad too, however there is a metro station very close and metros run every half an hour to Salerno. No public beaches in the area.

Breakfast was good. Staff were very helpful and swapped our apartment after I complained. But I wouldn't stay here again or recommend it.

We arrived really early in Salerno, and instead of the usual...
    • Standard Double

It was very far from the city centre. Easy to access via metro, that is if you are able to buy tickets. We had to search for half an hour to finally find a tabachi where we could buy tickets.

We arrived really early in Salerno, and instead of the usual check-in time of 14:00 they had our room ready at 10:00. Great service!

Trip true Italy
    • Standard Double

Only thing is that I think the hotel should offering free entrance to the beach I nice service to give it's little to much to pay 10euro per person every day. Ans it's little sad that the area has no store or more restaurants , you have to go in to Salerno city to find some store or more restaurants. But maybe they building more and more places there!

Good breakfast, good Hotel for the price, very nice garden terrace and next to the beach :)

Breakfast was good & one of the girls at reception was...

Breakfast staff were not very friendly & once 10 o clock comes they start clearing away everything. While it is located by the sea very hard to find somewhere nearby to walk on a beach. Reception staff could be friendlier and more helpful. We were just given our key on the night we booked in. Not much other information given except where breakfast was

Breakfast was good & one of the girls at reception was very helpful. Nice big room & was clean

Usually when I come to hotels but even to Hostels the stuff...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Usually when I come to hotels but even to Hostels the stuff or the receptionist will show someone the room. In my case it didn't happen and I think that should be obligatory as a service.

Would not recommend if exploring Salerno/Amalfi Coast

- first impressions; building exterior is VERY outdated - we paid for a junior suite, and it looked like an ordinary room only slightly larger - again Junior suite, no kettle, chocolates or tea/coffee/biscuits - photos suggest it is on the water but it IS NOT (we should have checked a map first) but you do have tennis court as your view before seeing a bit of the sealine - our DOUBLE person spa jets DID not work so we were moved to another room with a SINGLE spa, so it defeated the purpose of wanting to relax as a couple - bed was two single mattresses pushed together - all local beaches are 'private' - trains run every 30 mins into Salerno

the tiles, the foyer, staff were helpful-ish, restaurant food is nice

Good location but nothing like the pictures
    • Standard Double

It was nothing like the pictures. Very boring room and the shower was so small you could barely fit in it. Air conditioning was to cold even though we choosed the warmest, so instead we had to shut it off.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Great sunset view from the balcony.
    • Standard Double

We forgot things in hotel room and no-one write or call us to tell about that. Thanks god we found out this ourselves and wrote to the hotel and ask them to keep out clothes.

Great sunset view from the balcony. Breakfast costs 8 eur per person but was absolutely perfect. You really feel that you are in great hotel.

Mmm...

A person of the staff told us that here was no way to get from Salerno (where the hotel is) to Capri. Instead offered very expensive choices of ferrys to go to other places. I wasn't pleased with he answer so I searched a lot on the internet and found that there was indeed a company of ferrys that went from Salerno to capri. This misinformation made us pospone the trip to Capri two days (while we discovered how to get there) and ruined our schedule. While some may think this was a mistake, I believe it was not, because in the hotel lobby was a display of the suggested company. On the other side, the breakfast was terrible. Not only was it bad food, but also the cleanliness gave us what to think. Also, after 11 pm there was no way to get to the hotel on public transportation, so we had to take a taxi from the center. Finally, one night there was no water (from 10pm-6am) in the hotel because of a water shortage in the area "they didn't know about", so we couldn't shower after a beach day.

The housekeeping was very good. They cleaned and ordered our stuff very nicely.

PESSIMO! Overpriced,bad management, moschitos! DO NOT GO!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

I needed a place to sleep for the night while travelling. I paid 95 Eur to have something more than a BnB just in order to have no bad surprise (I arrived at midnight and i didnt want to waste time with slow reception or similar). well waste of money! the guy at the reception was very nice but either him or the system was not working: -first they give me a room whose door was not lockable, -then they moved me to a room that was not cleaned from the day before -then again to another undone room (ah and the rooms were in another building so I had to carry my bag back and forth) -then we finally landed in a clean room! at 1;20!!! in the morning I was woke up at 6;30 by noisy street and moschitos! I asked for refound but they said it was already taken from my card. I asked not to pay the 2 half liter water bottles I drank....they said he couldnt - the only thing I got was the free breakfast and an apology for the moschitos....they said they cannot to do much because the area is infested with them! I was shocked! not worth more than 20eur

the parking is big and free.

A successful, short stay
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Personal acts with a lot of enthusiastic service, I'm inspired. They are friendly and patient. The rooms are clean and well-appointed. They hotel is situated very near to the sea.

Just ok....outdated room.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The deco and furniture in the apartment suite were outdated and old. The sofa and bed were comfortable, but what we were expecting and what we got did not match and we were very disappointed. We tried to update to a normal room with a nicer view (instead of having a rear view in the back), but were told that nothing was available. There was the beach right across the street but you couldn't see it since it was fenced off and was not public. They told us if we walked further down the street we would eventually get to the public part but we never found it. The breakfast was ok, but again, the dining area just felt outdated.

The location was reasonably centrally located to a supermarket and a few other shops by car.

The room was pretty ok.

the hotel offers paid minibar in each room which always leaves an unpleasent experience when checking out with a queastion " did you happen to drink bottled water worth 1eur we left you in your minibar for the fact we cannot afford to give it to you for free or hide in a price? " Sad. The other thing is probably a habit matter. If you go to Italy, want to use a swimming pool(paid here too), you have to have a cap and flipflops (still don't know why). I had to drown my leather flipflops in water basin before entering the pool. Of course I didn't do so and coudln't use the pool. Sad too.

The room was pretty ok. Although some smell of cigarretes smoked a time ago was sensible. Breakfast was tasty with plent of fruit which is good.

The room was very clean and comfortable.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The room was very clean and comfortable. For use during an extended stay the apartments are equipped with basic amenities. Overall the location is perfect and the terrace is beautiful.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

Kind and accommodating

maybe they could hire a Good repairman for the hotel we understand the hotel is a 4 star but its quite old it has serve a lot of customers through the years, as you can see the repairs that it has been through,. if they like i could recommend someone who can do the repair much better. :) and the hair dryer takes time for you to dry your hair. but overall this is just the small details.

the kind and accommodating staff

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

Never come back to stay
    • Superior Twin Room

Stinky bathroom All room smells bad Reception wanted to revert the room with charge (jonior suit) but after my insinstly request finally they ve changed but at the beginning she wasnot positive

Honestly say ive no any good words for this hotel

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

There was a constant urine smell in the bathroom, I suspect...
    • Standard Double

There was a constant urine smell in the bathroom, I suspect the shower curtain. The toilet seat was also very old. To be fully honest, I booked two rooms at this hotel and there was a big difference between them, the nice room was a the second floor.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

Dont believe to bad comments the hotel is great!!!!!

Nothnig

Modern hotel modern room everything was great. Beaches near the hotel go left there is sandy beach for free. By car centre is close there is parking for 1 euro 4 hours. Great hotel choise!

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

The guy on reception desk wanted some extra money to return...

The guy on reception desk wanted some extra money to return our passports. Strange was, that even if we were two families with 2 kids each, one family paid 8 euro extra, another family paid 11 euro extra (with smaller kids) for 1 night stay!!! In bathroom shower with only cold water, fixed after more then 1 hour

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

Disappointing.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

We booked an apartment with kitchen facilities, but we COULD NOT make any meal, because the kitchen was almost empty. There wasn't any pot. We tried to request from the reception, but they COULD NOT help! So we had to go out to eat, and had to throw away our raw materials bought before. There wasn't microwave oven, nor toaster... They said it is a soundproofed room, but in fact, it was a noisy place, without soundproofing. They also said, there is a free wi-fi. It was, in the main building, at the reception. It was really inconvenient.

Rooms were big and clean. There was a parking facility. Breakfast is acceptable, restaurant's terrace has a nice view.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

Nice staff, nice breakfast and terrace.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Apartments are not in the hotel , they are behind the hotel in old creepy building so they are lying that the apartments are in the same facility

Nice staff, nice breakfast and terrace.

Comfortable

Mosquitoes in room

Comfortable bed

Very good breakfast, personal👍🏼

Very good breakfast, personal👍🏼

The shower cubicle was very small.
    • Standard Double

The shower cubicle was very small. I couldn’t get in it and enjoy a shower

Nice mix of modern and traditional

More tv channels

We booked a suit nice big corner Jacuzzi bath and free parking

Nice hotel but in a horrible area
    • Standard Double

The location is not good. Industrial area

Price. The hotel is cheap and near amalfi and positano

The hotel staff could be better but the hotel and area were beautiful !!
    • Standard Double

The staff weren't the most friendly and favored Italian guests.

The rooms were very nice with a huge bed

Staying out of the city of Sarano

In the process of renovations which we thought were completed so still a bit run down.

The restaurant staff were great, friendly helpful and funny.

Below standard

Wouldn't stay here again
    • Superior Twin Room

Location, unclean room, leaky toilet

The concierge was very nice

We loved the huge bad
    • Standard Double

The building is quite old but they are in a renovation process.

We loved the huge bad

You could walk along the waterfront.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Toilet seat was broken, room didn’t have water or toilet paper in it so we had to get from the front desk.

You could walk along the waterfront.

Rest and enjoy the scenary.
    • Standard Double

Hotel a bit run down and there was no outdoor light. Breakfast fine but not based on fresh Food.

Beautiful view and tranquility.

Small hotel but easy access to famous locations
    • Standard Double

Nice hotel with easy access to tourists areas & transportation

Bad smell in the room, no heating, terrible breakfast

Bad smell in the room, no heating, terrible breakfast

Nice stay

Unable to extend stay and no kettle or hot drink facilities in room.

Nice room, comfortable stay, short walk from a train station.

Clean

Food, location

Clean

It's far alway from train station.
    • Standard Double

It's far alway from train station.

Everything was horrible

Everything was horrible

About the cleanliness

About the cleanliness

Bad
    • Standard Double

The room was not what it shown in the pictures... really old. No parking at a late arrival.

Location, close to the destination - Amalfi

Not good. My friend who is a big person could not get into the shower in his room.
    • Standard Double

Staff were inattentive and brusk. Service provided not given

Good but old(!)
    • Standard Double

Uncomfortable bed, old building.

Balcony, breakfast,free parking area, good view, big room.

Lovely views but a little out of the way

No pool and hard to access beach

Lovely views, lovely area to eat breakfast.

Clean rooms.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Evening food was too limited.

Clean rooms.

Good hotel near the beach
    • Standard Double

A bit noisy, many moskitos

Clean hotel, excellent Staff

The terrace for dinner and breakfast

Localization. Outside the hotel is degrated

The terrace for dinner and breakfast

Friendly staff
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Apartment we had was old and falling apart

Friendly staff

Fancy but very far from any point of interest
    • Standard Double

The hotel is very far from any point of interest.

Clean, good breakfast, very comfortable, very nice staff

Great Hotel near the sea.

Small parking for car.

Helpful staff. Delicious breakfast on the outdoor terrace. From the room balcony there is a magnificent sea view :)

somewhat run-down
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Older somewhat run-down hotel in a similar area. No beach access but 10E to go across the street.

Train station to city centre was close.

Very small room.

Train station to city centre was close. Shower, a-c and bed were good.

Very good value for money

Actually nothing rali

Extremely convenient large flat excellent staff , we found a pizzeria opposite that is literally in the beach fantastic sunset

Ok stay
    • Standard Double

Room was very basic, mini bar empty, electrics hanging off the wall

Staff were helpful

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

1 night stay, staff were helpful, parking on site was ok,the...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

1 night stay, staff were helpful, parking on site was ok,the metro to the city centre was a few minutes away, would use again no problem.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Parking good

Parking good Breakfast passable

Breakfast was really great and bed was huge
    • Standard Double

Location is a bit inconvenient. Beach is available only for additional payment

Breakfast was really great and bed was huge

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

Great hotel with very kind staff
    • Standard Double

Very kind and helpful staff, nice decorated rooms, good breakfast on a terrace. Everything was perfect!

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

It was very noisy on Sunday night.

It was very noisy on Sunday night.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2015

The hotel is beautiful and comfortable.

The hotel is a little outside the main city. Somewhat difficult to find the hotel as the address listed on the website is incorrect. Needed to call the hotel to get correct location.

The hotel is beautiful and comfortable. The staff was friendly. The rooms are beautifully decorated with ceramic tile floors. The view from our fourth floor room was spectacular.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2015

Me and My Mother stayed one night in our Road trip from...

Bathroom was Small Room was a little cold

Me and My Mother stayed one night in our Road trip from Salerno to Naples via Amalfi Coast. Check in and Check out was fast. Price was good. far from City Center. Clean Room. Hossein Shamloo Tehran, Iran

• Reviewed: 8 December 2015

Location was very nice.

I stayed in a room that was NOT renovated, and it felt dirty and run down. Bathroom sink was completely clogged. Friends I was traveling with had renovated rooms which were much nicer.

Location was very nice. Lobby and building are getting upgrades. Breakfast was simple and very good.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2015

Spacious room with see view for good price.

Quiet far from the centre, be careful with the breakfast and expiration dates with the food. Not 4*.

Spacious room with see view for good price. 15 minutes from the hotel great local pizzeria

• Reviewed: 30 November 2015

We enjoyed being able to park and enter Salerno without...

Smelled smoke through the walls of our non-smoking room.

We enjoyed being able to park and enter Salerno without difficulty. The breakfast was great and the service good.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2015

View from the third floor toward the sea and town.

A bit far from the main attractions.

View from the third floor toward the sea and town. Nice and pleasant place around, very quiet. Good fish restaurant nearby.

There are also 21 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Mediterranea Hotel & Convention Center traveller photo gallery