Reviews of Meliá Milano 5 stars

Via Masaccio 19, Fiera Milano, 20149 Milan, Italy

#138 of 424 hotels in Milan

Beautiful hotel and quite well located to the Fiera and San Siro stadium.
    • The Level Double Room

Parking or discounted parking could have been offered.

The small additional room gave our family some privacy and Master 11 enjoyed having his own room complete with gym equipment!

Good value for money!

Waiters at lounge area remove some selected drinks at 9 o clock sharp, living just overall beers and water. I was about to serve a glass of wine and bottle was basically took out of my hands and was told that it was 9pm, therefore, not longer allowed. I understand that it my be following instructions, but, slightly training on customer service could be added to avoid such embarrassing situation for the customer point of view.

In overall, staff very polite and acted extremely professionally at all times. Lounge access is open 24hs and always complementary drinks available.

Absolutely amazing hotel!

It was a shame that the restaurant alongside the Jigger Bar did not provide the same excellent service as the rest of the hotel. The food was delicious and beautifully presented however the waiter service in the restaurant was very slow even though there were only 3 couples in the restaurant.

Absolutely amazing hotel! Very classy and elegant! Spacious rooms with fantastic amenities.

Basic for 5 star standard

Toilet was with shower curtains A/C cooling was not good Iron and iron board cannot be provided Location far far from city centre but near to a metro station

Nice staff Clean hotel

Did its function as just a place to sleep and eat breakfast. Cannot be viewed as 5 star.
    • Premium Double Room

This premium room was spartan and relatively small. Bed mattress was not comfortable, too hard. Pillows as well. Shower was poor in quality and not functioning well.

Breakfast selection was good. TV selection was good. Room domotics was good.

There was honestly nothing that we liked except for the...

Very unfriendly atmosphere. Not worth the money. The lobby looks nice, hoever, the rooms do not fit the 5 star ranking. Maximum 4. And 4 is the top number for the rooms. Towels weren't changed, the room itself is smaller than it says on the website. All in all was a lot worse than we expected.

There was honestly nothing that we liked except for the lobby.

Average and not worth the money.
    • Premium Double Room

The room was very hot, with no air conditioning... we had to use towels to wedge open the window! Paid for a premium room... but the room was no better than a standard room in other hotels I've stayed at.

It was ok, but not great! I was taking my partner to Milan to propose to her and was disappointed by the hotel.

THE WORST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE !

THE WORST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE !!! I picked this 5 star hotel to spend my honeymoon at and someone stole all my valuable belongings, my wedding ring,money, passports all the shopping bags,some of our clothes and the safe from my room the 2nd day. YES, THEY RIPPED THE WHOLE SAFE BOX OUT OF THE WALL!!!! There is no sign of breaking in so someone had the key to get in to our room. Very disappointed that the hotel still doesn’t know who did this.

THE WORST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE !

Quiet and comfort hotel.

only a bit far from City Centre.

Quiet and comfort hotel. Loved the breakfast. Nice neighbors: Found a very cozy restaurant across the steer and A good supermarket nearby.

Good enough to choose again.

A little far from city center but just a few steps to metro station.

Large & clean room. The large bed & modern lighting system. We had a problem in air conditioning system & they immediately fixed the problem. Very helpful staff & excellent breakfast.

Almost nothing.

Staffs & room size plus cleanness were perfect.

Hotel is really good. Room, staffs, cleanness, breakfast,.. were very good. Location is not close to city center but it is very convenient by metro. The cost was very fair for this hotel.

I travel frequently to Milan and I never go this hotel again, I never recommend to someone.
    • Premium Twin Room

They canceled my reservation due to an unknown problem in credit card that had been claimed by hotel ( two other hotels in Munich and Zürich had been booked with the same card with no problem). I asked them to keep my reservation but rejected and I had to book again the hotel just few hours before our arrival with high price and low services. Furthermore, they gave us a room (461) in a side of hotel that was in front of an ugly build with construction works and much more worse that, we were two families, hotel gave a free drink voucher and a small gift to their daughter both to the family that had checked in two hours earlier than us that caused sadness to my son because he didn’t received the same small gift😡

Lovely Melia EXPERIENCE
    • The Level Double Room

The food in the level club was not suitable for people who don not eat pork. Also it needs some improvement on taste and variety.

I loved the hotel room and facilities were very good. The food in the room service and restaurant was also great, i must thank the chef as he did his best to please my taste. I will definitely go back to this hotel even to other branches and in other European cities. Thank you Melia

Business and fun at the same time in Milan, had a really nice time at Melia.
    • Premium Double Room

- Too little choice for cheese at breakfast (only mozzarella and 1 more) - Couldn't easily find a good temperature for water in the shower, we should be a bit patient otherwise would be too hot or cold. - Have to pay for SPA, no pool. Really, almost nothing to complain!

Great 5 star hotel, big spacious rooms and bathrooms (a big plus for both!), everything worked fine and met the standards. The staff was nice, we got there late in the evening and although the Jigger restaurant was open only until 22:30, we could have a pizza and weren't asked to leave at that precise hour. Plenty of amenities, nice and comfy bed, good aircon. The hotel is located in a safe area although there isn't much to do there BUT the Lotto metro station is 3 minutes away and all the main interest areas in Milan (especially Cadorna station and of course Duomo) are a few stops away (12-15 mins at most till Duomo, probably 7-9 mins to Cadorna). We were very happy about its location (and we usually try to stay as close as possible to the main attractions when we travel). All in all, would recommend.

Nice looking, but service sadly dissapointing...
    • Premium Double Room

They charged €5 for the use of an empty glass (!?!?) This is ridiculous in my opinion. In fact they charged extra for everything witch doesnt suit a 5 star hotel at all. All to all I was highly dissapointed.

Nice looking and the bar was also very nice.

For the price of 98€ it was ok

Disappointed in booking a 5 star hotel which is out of my experience not more than 4 star in maximum. Room was very standard. Matrace was very stiff. No special designs or functions inside the room.

The entrance hall is impressive

Great hotel. Great people and the food and drink were fab.
    • Premium Double Room

We felt the spa was a little dirty, Unlooked after ..and just a relaxation room. Not quite a spa.

We loved the room. The friendliness of the staff and the overall look and feel of the hotel.

Nice lobby and service, number was poor. Nect time would choose another option for that price.

Number was on 5 floor. Really very small, balcony with no any view just wall in front of. No any table chairs in balcony. Feels like in jail. Also all night somebody was smoking in a near number and all the smoke went threw our ventilation. Couldnt sleep for couple ours. Went for a spa but spa was working till 6 pm ..

Nice lobby, bar place, really very nice !

Bed was very comfortable and room was very nice.
    • The Level Double Room

I expected better breakfast in 5 star hotel. Walls of the hotel room were not very sound-proof. On our arrival the receptionist didn´t explain anything (when and where is breakfast, where is Level lounge etc)

Bed was very comfortable and room was very nice. We had access to Level lounge and it made whole stay much better (otherwise I would have been disappointed) - it was so good to relax there and enjoy drinks and snacks (all for free). Location of the hotel was ok - close to the metro station but there is nothing much to do around the hotel. But if you go there, definitely make a walk to hippodrome and check the da Vinci horse.

Spacious and comfortable but a number of things can be improved.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

My opinion is that some aspects are not at the level of a 5 stars hotel, i.e: - welcome at the reception (e.g most part of staff is not particularly kind) - bathrooms (e.g. old furniture and sanitaires) - cleaning (e.g windows) - confort (in the room one can year people speaking around) - salty food at breakfast (salade, vegetables, cheese, ham are not really fresh).

Confortable beds, sweet food at breakfast was good (croissants cakes) and Italian coffee.

Amazing!
    • The Level Double Room

The greatest hotel ever. Nice staff and very good breakfast. We got a room at THE LEVEL and was pretty amazing. We'll definitely be back! Thanks for everything.

Stunning reception and room was very modern

Very poor room service, waited a very long time twice, windows didn't close properly and was a very cold draught coming through and wind howling all night. Drinks at the bar & in the mini bar extremely expensive.

Stunning reception and room was very modern

we still enjoy it, just had to go shopping for cream to take care of the bits.

mosquitoes in the room

the weather was perfect during the stay so the family could be outside the whole day; kids like the bed they got installed in the room.

Water would not stand still in the shower while bathing.
    • Executive Twin Room with Access to The Level Lounge

Water would not stand still in the shower while bathing. Enjoyed using Handy, a fully functional cell phone, free of cost in Milan. I thought that offer was amazing!

Loved it !

Breakfast not included in price, you have to pay 20€ extra if you want to have one

Beautiful place. We loved everything and will come back next time in Milan !

Helpfulness of the bell boy!
    • Premium Twin Room

I didn't get directions to breakfast and the staff at the reception (the following morning) was a bit sour. Breakfast was average.

Helpfulness of the bell boy!! Pleasant gentleman at breakfast.

Good hotel for a short stay
    • Premium Double Room

No parking provided by the hotel Only limited street parking near by or parking building next to the hotel at s very expensive hourly rates.

Nothing special all at average level

Melia Milano Experience
    • The Level Double Room

You had to pay for ironing ridiculous the fact they don't have a iron in the room due to health and safety reasons ,

The designs at the hotel lay out , the breakfast sausages

Great family stay!
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Great experience for our family. The kids were surprised with gifts and a treasure hunt through the hotel with a price at the end. There was fresh fruit and cake in our room when we arrived. Staff was extremely helpful and wonderful.

Disappointing.

Only 1 robe in my room. The view from the balcony was blocked by a concrete slab that was across every balcony at head and body height. My bin wasn't emptied daily , there was dirty dishes lying in the corridor for a couple of days. My towels weren't changed when I left them in the bath, they were just hung back on rails. The tables were dusty when I arrived and the prices of the mini bar were excrushiating. €6 a small can of pop, when it's 75 cents in the shop around the corner.

The staff were lovely, honestly.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Grubby walls in our room and other small things which aren't that important i guess as we loved it overall

The staff were lovely, honestly. They really went to the end line to make things comfortable. The breakfast was just lovely and the coffee was pretty good. Kiwis are generally fussy about coffee, your coffee was pretty good!

Staff where really friendly and helpful

To me the hotel felt slightly old-fashioned and our room was nice, but not 5-star nice. I remember closing the bathroom door and a piece of the doorframe fell off. Over-all we had a great stay, gigantic comfortable bed and the location is great too.

Staff where really friendly and helpful

very good hotel, somewhat outside of town.

The hotel is quite luxurious, and the service is impeccable and very helpful. The location is a little outside the center, though very close walking distance to the Lotto subway station (on Metro lines M1 and M5). We found a couple of restaurants in the neighborhood -- we tried one, the pizza (from a wood-fired oven) was quite good. We could see the San Siro stadium from our balcony. They offer a lot of choices for the breakfast buffet, and all of them seemed very high quality.

so so
    • Premium Twin Room

The breakfast wasn't any good and the room wasn't perfectly clean (on the floor there was dust and nails)

the bed and pillows were very confortable as well as the entire room space

Clean rooms, good facilities.

On Booking.com it was originally advertised as having parking, which the hotel did not have. Breakfast included would have been nice too.

Clean rooms, good facilities. Good location. Helpful staff.

Magnificent Milano by Melià
    • Premium Double Room

My personal lack of time due to a hectic schedule that prevented me enjoying the facilities to the max...

The staff is the perfect mixture of cordial and professional for an establishment of the kind and tending to any and every whim. Breakfasts offer everything from utterly healthy (fruit, brans, etc) via great variety of salty (salmon, mushrooms, eggs in a myriad ways) to absolutely scrumptious international and local pastry and deserts. Also, late check outs don't require extensive negotiating and as I had a late evening flight, was offere to use the lounge as long as I needed it, so basically, Melià Milano pampers Guests even beyond the official check out which is a unique feature other 5* star chains could look up to. Braviii, Melià Milano!

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Melia is always guaranteed

In my opinion just the fact that there is no private parking can be considered as a "bad thing", but there is the chance to park in the street which is in front of the hotel, so no big deal.

The bed was very comfortable and big. The room is quiet and clean.

Luxury hotel near Fiera di Milano.

Nearby neibourhood not fancy and not many food & attractions options.

Luxury hotel near Fiera di Milano. Only one block away from subway and 10 min ride to Piazza del Duomo and Galleria.

Milan stay at Melia hotel

The balcony in the room was very depressing with no view at all and no table and chairs outside. If you want to see something form your balcony you have to lay down on the balcony floor. Some lights were not working in the room as well. They did not tell us about the Milan charge when we checked in or even on their website, which is €5 per person a night. They only tell you when you go to check out that you need to pay it.

The free smart phone with free internet which you can take with you and use for the durration of the stay. Also the touch control in the room was nice too. Hotel lobby was very good and looked like a 5 star one.

You can see the hotel tries to be creative and modern by...

It's not value for money. And to be frank, this is probably one of the worst experience I had in 5 star hotels. The bathroom shower was not really working well and the shield of the shower is also broken. We are 2 guests but in the room everything was prepared for one person including slippers and towels. There was one free bottle of water when we check in but just one and no more in the second day. Spa seems not accesible and it comes as a surprise. Breakfast is not up to continental level and there is not much service in the restaurant. Staff was not helpful and I literally see no smile on any of them and I even got a weird looking when we request some service. You can see staff here was not really trained/motivated to attend to the customer to the detail but rather simply perform the routine. There is also this big cell tower by the room we stayed and there is no view outside of the window. I don't really want to be some needy customer who always ask for dream experience in a hotel where you are just suppose to sleep in. It's simply that I would expect more with a 5 star hotel when I spent the money, and that the peer hotel with same cost simply provides much better stay experience.

You can see the hotel tries to be creative and modern by introducing the smart control system of the room, and as well a smartphone including city guide and has some data that you can carry with you and surf with. The room was clean and bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

The location is great, far away from the center-quiet, but...

The day we reached there was dust in the hotel room, the day we had to leave a enormous problem and misunderstanding happened. We payed for our stay the first day, then we used room- service and so on, the last day we went on the Reception to pay our bills for the room service and they told a sum of money we considered small for what we actually had consumed, we asked ten times Äre you sure that this is all, that tomorrow morning when we check out we wont have anything else to pay(unless we use room service again of course) and the answer was YES! Then the next morning we found ourselves in a trap: "You need to pay the last night( we had spent all our money shopping the previous day), and we had payed all of the nights in the day we checked in. To sum it up: They took from our paid stay money for the room serive, which I happen to experience the VERY FIRST TIME in my life in a hotel!!!! So if this is hotel policy this is a total ABSURD!! If it is a personnel mistake, well, nobody took the responsibility, nor compensated us in any words... I loved the hotel but this made me think twice if I would visit it EVER AGAIN!!!!

The location is great, far away from the center-quiet, but very close to the subway. The hotel is good, the restaurant is good and the personnel are very kind and gentle.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Staff
    • Premium Double Room

Paid for a premium room did not think it was good value for money, we had a small court yard which was appalling the view was a medium size concrete wall with a satellite mask which was totally unexceptionable. So overall I was extremely disappointed with my room and the cost

Staff

A disaster
    • Premium Double Room

Above already mentioned points, old, no clean, rude staff, changed room, second one in front of a gigantic repeater tower. Very dissapointed.

Nothing about it, old property for the money spent

The room is great.

The area around the hotel is a bit boring

The room is great. Staff is very friendly and helpful with perfect english. Gym is amazing in regards to hotel gym

Excellent attention and service

Nothing. Everything was excellent.

Without any special request, we received a special attention according to our celebration... excellent service in all aspects and so close to the metro station.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

Not really 5 star!

I booked this hotel due to its location and spa. No booking.com description or my booking confirmation says that spa / sauna is not included in the rate. I had to pay 15 Euros for a 2-3 star spa. I guess this is one of the ways how this hotel generates additional cash. The response from the reception was like "this is how it is!". They clearly understood that this information was not explicit on facilities description or in my booking but didn't want to provide free access to spa.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Good hotel
    • Premium Double Room

Breakfast / breakfast area did not meet 5* standards. For breakfast coffee we had to use self-service full automatic coffee machine. Come on! In a 5* hotel in Italy you would expect a real italian espresso being served to the table.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

Very basic and bare hotel room. Far from main attractions

Hotel room and location

The room for a 5 star hotel was absolutely basic and bare. It would compare to a 2 star hotel room in my country (South Africa). Stayed in 5 star hotels throughout Italy on this vacation and the Melia hotel room was the worst. It was very depressing being in that room. The pictures shown on the website are not a true reflection of the room. Very far from the main attractions. The breakfast was good though and made up for part of our terrible stay at this hotel.

Never staying again, worst service ever and dirty.
    • Executive Twin Room with Access to The Level Lounge

First of all i want to start with saying that the Melia Milano hotel on Via Masaccio 19 is beautiful and has great potential but I’m very sorry to say that some thing has gone terrible wrong when it comes to the staff and service. I am a used traveler and i only stay at 5 star hotells when i do, with over 100 travel days a year i thought i could with confident say that i had seen it all until this trip. i have never felt the need to give a bad review or sending a e mail like this but this time i just can’t let this go without pointing out all the flaws that we had during our stay in room 336 from 28th December to 2th January. i would never send this unless the personal did not take my points seriously and just nod and walk away. First of all the Cleaning is really bad, we arrived to dusty room with dust on the glas and mirror in the bathroom, letting it go and hoping that when they clean the room it will be taken care off, to our surprise when we come later the first night we see that its still dusty and only bed and towels has been changed, and trash has been missed, thats been in the middle of the room. I decide to not make a big deal about this and decide to clean it myself. This type of problems has kept turning up during our stay at the hotel, Personal forgetting to take used coffee muggs and food from the room. The personal even forgot to refill the minibar for 2 days straight, this is when i felt the need to call down to the reception and point out the flaws, and just get hited back with excuses, and promises that it will be taken care off. one more day passes and still no refill in the minibar or properly cleaned room. I decided to make a little test to see if I’m over reacting and ordered food from the room service wich arrived cold. I ate it any way and placed the tray outside the door around lunch time the 1th january. when i arrive back to the hotell later in the evening i see the tray is stil there, its more then 8 hours later !

-Good value quality/price hotel for a 5* in Milan.
    • Premium Double Room

-The hotel is not in the center, so there is not much to do around it. -Staff not much helpful, we asked a night before for a late checkout, and they told us to wait till tomorrow to have an answer, and when we called again the next morning they gave us only 30 min more as a "Late checkout". -The light controlling system in the room is not practical.

-Good value quality/price hotel for a 5* in Milan. -The bed is pretty comfy.

One of the best Hotel, that I had ever been before.
    • The Level Double Room

Some of college wasn't friendly. It would be better, when they have more SPA or wellness.

When we arrive at the morning, we receive soon the room and we were able to enjoy breakfast. The Lounge was good, with drinks and food. The room and the bed was excellent.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

it's good for business trip.
    • The Level Double Room

the air condition is not so good for it always feel like cold when i stay in room even after i increase the AC setting to higher temperature.

the room is big with sufficient and good-quality room suppliers(slippers, lotions...) lounge provides snack and teas any time. convenient/close to take subway. nice welcome chocolate

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

We will return to this hotel.

One female front desk clerk at check in had a poor attitude, was not friendly, wrong personality for that position.

Very comfortable Bed. Nice room. Elegant lobby. With one exception, great friendly staff. Good location, near subway & on/off bus tour stop. safe. Excellent breakfast buffet.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Lovely hotel

Plug points, sockets would not work with my electrical gadgets. No subtitles to television programmes.

The glass of orange juice and the lovely decors. The bathroom was nice

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

Fantastic hotel (breakfast ok and no iron)
    • Premium Twin Room

Breakfast was poor really Choice ! The chef cooking the breakfast was aggressive first day so I avoided going and just had cereal I needed an iron I arrived at the hotel at 11pm from a flight I had a meeting at 8am and I arrived at my meeting with a creased shirt (Not a good luck) I do believe laundry facilities were available from 8.30am

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Cold rooms
    • Premium Twin Room

The room was cold, we asked for an extra blanket and was very hard to communicate with the Housekeeping or Concierge. The automated light switch in the room was not working properly, and there was no heating.

The size of the room

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

Short but not sweet stay.

We were not informed on check in or the next day that work was taking place next to the room we were in (413). Hoping for a lie in as it was our last day before we travelled back to the UK we were woken up at around 8:00am to the sounds of hammering and drilling. When we checked out and queried it we were told that emergency work needed to be carried out in the room next to us, but I don't understand why no one could have called us or knocked our door to inform us of this. We were terribly inconvienienced and the best the hotel could do was say " we can offer you a free coffee or tea in the bar", considering how much we paid for the room and the fact that we weren't told in the morning about the work was terrible.

Had good breakfast options

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Very nice hotel with excellent location

Beside the fact that I paid my stay upon arrival and I had a creditcard I had to pay also a deposit? Which was returned after checking out.

Location is great! Facilities also

Highly recommended hotel and very comfortable . We would definitely go back to the same hotel

Very nice and helpful staff . They treat you so private . Breakfast was excellent . Rooms were very comfortable . Simply we liked everything .

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Nice 5 stay hotel

Its far from the center but close to the metro station. We had to pay extra to use the pool

Very clean, the area is nice for a walk. Room had a balcony with a nice view. Bed was comforable. We loved our stay If you want a five star hotel with reasonable price Melia is the best

Rich breakfast, good cofea, friendly staff
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Hotel has no parking despite it states so. Room was with blinded window.

Rich breakfast, good cofea, friendly staff

Good value but rather pay more and be closer

Location , room and bathroom

Entrance. Great amd lobby nice But the room itself is not a five star amd the location is way too far from the centre

Mihail

Hostility and being kind from all staff

• The Level Business Suite

Excellent service
    • Premium Twin Room

"office corner" worked very bad!

Excellent service

The location on the red metro line was great
    • Premium Twin Room

The service at the bar was rather slow

The location on the red metro line was great

The air conditioning wasn’t working properly, for summer...
    • The Level Double Room

The air conditioning wasn’t working properly, for summer season this hotel is not recommended

Rude staff

Staff specially the female ones.language barrier is evident but they are rude beyond imagination.

Bed and cleanliness

Very nice and clean

Nothing at all

Very nice and clean

A great and pleasant stay.

It was a remarkable experience. The staff was exceptionally helpful and professional.

Too expensive for a 4-star (!) hotel.

Bathroom had problems (shower). Weird empty balcony. Difficult to operate lights in the room.

Beautiful lobby. Exceptionally good breakfast!

Browse Meliá Milano traveller photo gallery